PDA

View Full Version : Hibernian's 10 Step Success Plan

Speedway
24-01-2019, 10:46 AM
Hibernian Steps To Success

Please find below a simple 10 step plan to overcome our current malaise.

1. Manager: Grasp the basics first and then the fancy stuff. Learn 4-4-2 then 4-3-3 and then we can move on to 3-2-1-4-5-6-3-4-1 or whatever last night was.

2. Manager: Attack. We are Hibernian after all.

3. Board: Always thank fans for spending money and travelling to cold places in the night, in midweek.

4. Manager: Explain Steve Mallan's role to the fans, the players and to Stevie Mallan, none of whom seem to know currently.

5. Board: If the manager is in any way struggling with health challenges, this is Hibernian, provide him with full support and grant him compassionate leave, put the assistant in charge and tell the fans what's happening quickly.

6. Players: look like you can be arsed, even if you can't. Bit of badge thumping or crowd noise encouragement via the 'c'mon' raised arms gesture at a set piece fires us up and we're very easily sold on that stuff.

7. Board: Momentum and crowds that we waited 40 years for are starting to dwindle. Please restore them.

8. Board: Tell us about ambitions, plans, remind us of recent achievements, deals, balance sheets to help us forget that we're s***e for the time being.

9. Manager: Chew the players out as the exception rather than the rule.

10. Manager: Your reputation is on the line, prove to us that you are who we think you are. Start by playing players in their established positions.

Board; On this basis above, expect money to flow into club coffers like never before. Without it, expect it not to.

hhibs
24-01-2019, 10:53 AM

1. Manager: Grasp the basics first and then the fancy stuff. Learn 4-4-2 then 4-3-3 and then we can move on to 3-2-1-4-5-6-3-4-1 or whatever last night was.

3. Board: Always thank fans for spending money and travelling to cold places in the night, in midweek.

4. Manager: Explain Steve Mallan's role to the fans, the players and to Stevie Mallan, none of whom seem to know currently.

5. Board: If the manager is in any way struggling with health challenges, this is Hibernian, provide him with full support and grant him compassionate leave, put the assistant in charge and tell the fans what's happening quickly.

6. Players: look like you can be arsed, even if you can't. Bit of badge thumping or crowd noise encouragement via the 'c'mon' raised arms gesture at a set piece fires us up and we're very easily sold on that stuff.

7. Board: Momentum and crowds that we waited 40 years for are starting to dwindle. Please restore them.

8. Board: Tell us about ambitions, plans, remind us of recent achievements, deals, balance sheets to help us forget that we're s***e for the time being.

10. Manager: Your reputation is on the line, prove to us that you are who we think you are. Start by playing players in their established positions.

Board; On this basis above, expect money to flow into club coffers like never before. Without it, expect it not to.

With Speedway on these points,the impact on crowds,finance and recruitment will be dire if the rot is not stopped.

BlackSheep
24-01-2019, 11:03 AM
Can you email that to them...?

MacGruber
24-01-2019, 11:08 AM
I think it is a great OP

But

I think step one needs to be parting ways with Lennon

BlackSheep
24-01-2019, 11:20 AM
I think it is a great OP

But

I think step one needs to be parting ways with Lennon

I don't think so.

Too often these days are managers not given time to rectify bad spells... and when i mean time, I mean the rest of the season. After losing so many key players this season (McGinn, McGeouch, Allan and now Ambrose) there needs to be time to bring players in and bed them in. Injury and other factors have given us nothing but inconsistency this year, so lets give them time to find the soloution rather than bring someone else in who will then take time to get to know the squad and most likely have to suffer through the same inconsistency that lennon is facing until things click.

Biggie
24-01-2019, 12:58 PM

very good.....:top marks

SRHibs
24-01-2019, 01:20 PM
Play the players in their natural positions. Easing a single player into a role which you think they may have potential in is OK, but to play multiple players in foreign positions is asking for trouble.

matty_f
24-01-2019, 01:42 PM

Vote Speedway!

Totally agree. :agree:

Speedway
24-01-2019, 06:33 PM
We know the ambition, 'To be competing at the top end of Scottish football in the league, prolonged cup runs and European qualification more often than not'

There's 4 ways to give us regular updates on stated ambitions:

1. LD video on what's going on behind the scenes to deliver a club that can compete at the top end of Scottish Football and Europe.

2. The Captain talks about previous cup glories and he sets his sights on another QF appearance.

3. The manager answers fans questions about how he prepares the team from his office at EM

4. Get to know the board. Hibs directors outline their role in bringing success to the club.

It's not difficult is it.

MWHIBBIES
24-01-2019, 06:39 PM
What players can be acused of not being arsed?

Speedway
24-01-2019, 07:42 PM

This season in total or just last night?

Hulk1875
25-01-2019, 12:53 AM

Mate what a post I feel as fans the club has really let us down last few years we’ve felt close with the running of the club etc. Now we’re like wtf is happening with team selections it’s all hush hush

Hulk1875
25-01-2019, 12:55 AM
We know the ambition, 'To be competing at the top end of Scottish football in the league, prolonged cup runs and European qualification more often than not'

1. LD video on what's going on behind the scenes to deliver a club that can compete at the top end of Scottish Football and Europe.

2. The Captain talks about previous cup glories and he sets his sights on another QF appearance.

3. The manager answers fans questions about how he prepares the team from his office at EM

4. Get to know the board. Hibs directors outline their role in bringing success to the club.

We’ve backed the team last few years and it’s been chucked back at us.

MWHIBBIES
25-01-2019, 01:00 AM
This season in total or just last night?Both.

sambajustice
25-01-2019, 01:11 AM
We're hopeless. Useless.

Shut the club down! Merge with Hearts!

Austinho
25-01-2019, 01:25 AM
Club worked hard to get us back onside both on the pitch and off it. Now we barely hear a peep from them. For long spells of this season the only news to come out of Hibs has been that the Murder Mystery night still has tickets available.

Hulk1875
25-01-2019, 01:54 AM
Club worked hard to get us back onside both on the pitch and off it. Now we barely hear a peep from them. For long spells of this season the only news to come out of Hibs has been that the Murder Mystery night still has tickets available.

What a post totally agree

tonyrougier123
25-01-2019, 01:58 AM

We have quite a few internationals that canny get a game,dunno if that counts as not being arsed or no?but its definately no ideal!

Hibs90
25-01-2019, 05:57 AM
I don't think so.

Too often these days are managers not given time to rectify bad spells... and when i mean time, I mean the rest of the season. After losing so many key players this season (McGinn, McGeouch, Allan and now Ambrose) there needs to be time to bring players in and bed them in. Injury and other factors have given us nothing but inconsistency this year, so lets give them time to find the soloution rather than bring someone else in who will then take time to get to know the squad and most likely have to suffer through the same inconsistency that lennon is facing until things click.

Has any Hibs managwr ever cake back from this kinda form?

Austinho
25-01-2019, 06:30 AM
Has any Hibs managwr ever cake back from this kinda form?Fenlon took over from Calderwood and ended up 10th and then 11th in his first full season, before helping us to climb up to a more respectable 7th and another cup final the following year. He’s the only one I can think of who’s really been given a chance to turn things around.

Mowbray is the only one who’s managed to sustain a reasonable level of success after a great season - finishing 3rd and then 4th. Hughes oversaw a blistering start, a 4th place finish and then left during a downward spiral, Collins oversaw a League Cup win before leaving during a downward spiral. All the signs point to Lennon doing the same.

lyonhibs
25-01-2019, 06:34 AM

Does number 3 ever happen at any football club, ever?

Brizo
25-01-2019, 06:36 AM

:agree:

One of the things which characterised LDs arrival was a welcome and tangible increase in engagement with the fans and an increased media presence from the club.

That has all but disappeared. Its almost as if they think that as they've now got 14000 ST holders the jobs done, which if that's their thinking is a dangerous tactic. I'm old enough to remember crowds of 4000/ 5000 in the early 80s so no Hibs Board can ever take our fanbase for granted.

I know for example that Hibs do loads of good stuff with the disadvantaged but choose not to publicise it. Part of me thinks fair play for not making it all "look at us" but these are great initiatives that would interest the fans and the wider community.

LD has become more or less anonymous which is surprising given her initial high profile. She needs to take the lead with regard to points 3,5,7 and 8 of the OP.

greenlad
25-01-2019, 07:06 AM
Fenlon took over from Calderwood and ended up 10th and then 11th in his first and only full season, before helping us to climb up to a more respectable 7th and another cup final the following year. He’s the only one I can think of who’s really been given a chance to turn things around.

Fenlon finished 7th in his only full season (12-13). The previous year 11th (11-12) was near half-managed by Calderwood.

green&left
25-01-2019, 10:15 AM
Fenlon took over from Calderwood and ended up 10th and then 11th in his first full season, before helping us to climb up to a more respectable 7th and another cup final the following year. He’s the only one I can think of who’s really been given a chance to turn things around.

Mowbray is the only one who’s managed to sustain a reasonable level of success after a great season - finishing 3rd and then 4th. Hughes oversaw a blistering start, a 4th place finish and then left during a downward spiral, Collins oversaw a League Cup win before leaving during a downward spiral. All the signs point to Lennon doing the same.

Other than those two seasons under Mowbray, have we managed any other back to back top 6 finishes?

MWHIBBIES
25-01-2019, 10:28 AM
Other than those two seasons under Mowbray, have we managed any other back to back top 6 finishes?Yes, we finished top six 4/5 years in a row.

GreenOnions
25-01-2019, 10:43 AM
There are some constructive suggestions in the OP but I don't like the sardonic tone of some of the others.

It's extremely easy to sit where we are - at our keyboards - telling professional people how they should do their jobs.

The 24 hour news cycle doesn't help football managers as it seems that people are continually throwing their hands up in the air asking why there's been no progress since the last time they looked - which was probably around two hours ago.

I think Lenny has been great for us on the whole. I think he's made some mistakes - particularly during the last two summer transfer windows. I also think he's been pretty unlucky this season with injuries.

However - Neil Lennon has shown many times that he knows what he's doing. In my opinion he also understands Hibernian Football Club.

I'd like to see a 1 step success plan: "Let's back the manager" and give him time to do his job.