Diclonius
23-01-2019, 11:36 PM
Marciano

Gray McGregor Hanlon Mackie

Bartley

Slivka Omeonga

Gauld

Shaw Kamberi

Assuming Porteous is injured and we haven't signed anyone. Dropping the undroppables (Whittaker and Mallan) so doubt this will be the team.

Iain G
23-01-2019, 11:37 PM
Marciano

Bartley

Slivka Omeonga

Gauld

Shaw Kamberi

Assuming Porteous is injured and we haven't signed anyone. Dropping the undroppables (Whittaker and Mallan) so doubt this will be the team.

Should have been the team tonight, or Porteous in for McGregor. If he is injured long term we have a problem at centre back now to add to our woes...

Hermit Crab
23-01-2019, 11:41 PM
Marciano

Bartley

Slivka Omeonga

Gauld

Shaw Kamberi

Shaw is hopeless, come to think of it so is Kamberi.

Iain G
23-01-2019, 11:43 PM

Neither can play up front on their own though and both are better with a strike partner, providing we can get good balls into them of course or you may as well play Rod and Leeann up front...

J-C
23-01-2019, 11:51 PM
Neither can play up front on their own though and both are better with a strike partner, providing we can get good balls into them of course or you may as well play Rod and Leeann up front...

Flo can play up on his own as long as he has the proper players in their proper positions behind him supplying.

Rocky

Gray
Daz
Hanlon
Mackie

Omeonga
Mallan

Slivka
Gauld
Horgan

Flo

BT58
24-01-2019, 07:15 AM
Flo can play up on his own as long as he has the proper players in their proper positions behind him supplying.

Rocky

Gray
Daz
Hanlon
Mackie

Omeonga
Mallan

Slivka
Gauld
Horgan

Flo
I agree with your team selection and formation.
However i think NL wont. For some reason Whittaker has the nod over SDG.

Northernhibee
24-01-2019, 07:17 AM
Rocky

Gray (ffs, of course SDG)
Daz
Hanlon
Mackie

Bartley
Omeonga
Slivka
Gauld
Horgan

Flo

sean04
24-01-2019, 07:19 AM
I'm hoping there's a strike partner in by Sunday for flo

The 90+2
24-01-2019, 07:21 AM
Horgan needs rested.

Bangkok Hibby
24-01-2019, 07:22 AM

But together, with the OP's formation it could all change. Will it though?

BILLYHIBS
Development Team

Blaster

Me too

And maybe a wee sweetener for Efe to stay till the summer!

SteveHFC
24-01-2019, 07:27 AM

They won’t be. We’ll wait until the last day of the window to get one in.

The 90+2
24-01-2019, 07:29 AM

That’s a good thing though. Zltan or his equivalent only becomes available at the end of the window.

You should know how transfer windows work by now (so I’ve read) 👍

SMAXXA
24-01-2019, 07:32 AM
Horgan needs rested.

He’s just had a rest with the break he’s played 2/3 games in what a month.

Also don’t know why people want Bartley in the side we are at home to the bottom of the league side we don’t need a defensive midfielder ask one of the more attack minded to be aware of their defensive side of the game and go take the game to them, like Motherwell did to us last night

Brightside
24-01-2019, 07:33 AM
We do not need any holding players against st mirren. But I’m sure we will end up with Whitts playing there.

B.H.F.C
24-01-2019, 07:39 AM

But I’ve been reading for weeks that it’s how we look by the end of the window that it’s important. And that it’ll all be fine after that.

Meantime, we drop points before that which make even reaching the top six unlikely.

The 90+2
24-01-2019, 07:41 AM
He’s just had a rest with the break he’s played 2/3 games in what a month.

Also don’t know why people want Bartley in the side we are at home to the bottom of the league side we don’t need a defensive midfielder ask one of the more attack minded to be aware of their defensive side of the game and go take the game to them, like Motherwell did to us last night

He’s lacking so much confidence and being used as the only outlet. See Flo, early season. Bartley was brilliant last night covering up the ***** in defence he neglected his responsibility leading to Mallan dropping deeper. It’s like the players know the tactics are guff, bar Whittaker who seems the unofficial Lennon captain.

We are away also. Live on Sky. 👍

The 90+2
24-01-2019, 07:43 AM
But I’ve been reading for weeks that it’s how we look by the end of the window that it’s important. And that it’ll all be fine after that.

Meantime, we drop points before that which make even reaching the top six unlikely.

You’re not an expert or not even that, you’ve never followed a transfer window if you don’t know the score by now. Or at least that’s what I’ve been told 👍

calumhibee1
24-01-2019, 07:45 AM
Rocky

Gray
McGregor
Hanlon
Mackie

Bartley
Omeonga
Slivka
Gauld

Flo
Shaw

4-4-2 diamond.

RossScott1991
24-01-2019, 07:48 AM
rocky

gray daz hanlon Mackie

Morgan Omeonga Allan Gauld

Cummings Kamberi

one can only dream eh

the players we have atm do not fit any formation, no width and we will continue to not win games with current set up.

SMAXXA
24-01-2019, 07:49 AM
He’s lacking so much confidence and being used as the only outlet. See Flo, early season. Bartley was brilliant last night covering up the ***** in defence he neglected his responsibility leading to Mallan dropping deeper. It’s like the players know the tactics are guff, bar Whittaker who seems the unofficial Lennon captain.

We are away also. Live on Sky. 👍

Sorry I thought we were at home my bad 👍. I’m no sure if it’s a confidence thing mate just seems the whole team have little focal point and feels the creative midfielders will probably feel they have to do everything on their own. If have Whittaker and Kamberi our the team before Horgan but just my opinion.

Get effy signed back up don’t care what anyone says throw the cash at him we are desperately short at the back now with Porteous injured.

Obviously in addition to 2 strikers and a winger 😉

Heisenberg
24-01-2019, 07:51 AM
Bogdan

Bartley
Slivka Omeonga
Gauld

Flo Shaw

B.H.F.C
24-01-2019, 07:55 AM
Whittaker and Bartley wouldn’t be near my team.

Could possibly add Mallan to that list if anybody can track him down. He seemed to disappear of the face of the earth at about 8 o’clock last night.

I wish we could make a change up front but seen as we’ve not sorted out the issue we’ve spoken about for months, that’s unlikely.

Gray and Mackie to come in. Gauld has to play centrally.

we are hibs
24-01-2019, 07:56 AM
No point trying to predict the team or shape these days. Lennon will go for something no one expects chucking people into a shape that they havent played for weeks and hopes and prays it works. Then it will be a different team and formation next week.

CorrieHibs
24-01-2019, 08:02 AM
Marciano

Bartley

Slivka Omeonga

Gauld

Shaw Kamberi

Should have been the team tonight with what we have got, and it’s the most effective formation.

Stuart93
24-01-2019, 08:20 AM
Interesting to see people’s team and the omission of mallan, seems like the penny’s starting to drop with a lot of people about what he actually brings to the team. Outwith set pieces, now and again, and a few goals at the start of the season what a let down he’s been.

Smartie
24-01-2019, 08:58 AM

This is the thing that really bugs me - the number of competitive games we play with a pitifully substandard squad.

Do the games in August and January not count?

We're throwing points away and short-changing fans who go to these games.

The attacking options Hibs had for last night's game were disgraceful for a club that has sold a record number of season tickets and is in good financial shape.

Billy Whizz
24-01-2019, 08:59 AM
This is the thing that really bugs me - the number of competitive games we play with a pitifully substandard squad.

Do the games in Auguest and January not count?

The attacking options Hibs had for last night's game were disgraceful for a club that has sold a record number of season tickets and is good financial shape.

So who’s to blame for that? Manager, or board for not releasing enough money for signings

Smartie
24-01-2019, 09:00 AM
So who’s to blame for that? Manager, or board for not releasing enough money for signings

I don't know.

All I know is that it isn't good enough.

It could be either.

DoubleDangerous
24-01-2019, 09:26 AM
Bogdan

Mallan
Slivka Omeonga
Gauld

Flo Shaw

I sincerely hope we never see Whittaker in a Hibs jersey again.

MacGruber
24-01-2019, 09:54 AM
Kamberi - might aswell be at fault for conceding aswell as not scoring goals, stopping crosses, tracking back, Brexit etc

Gauld
Whittaker
Mallan
Porteous (pop the knee back in, strap it up and make him hoble)
Hanlon - keep at left back

Nelom
Omeonga
Marciano - holding mid
Mackie - played on the right

Bartley - up top for physicallity
Horgan - through the centre for long balls

Sorry - just thorougly hacked off

B.H.F.C
24-01-2019, 10:00 AM

The attacking options Hibs had for last night's game were disgraceful for a club that has sold a record number of season tickets and is in good financial shape.

The attacking options that the manager has moaned about for the last three months, yet had failed to address by the time last night came round, despite it being 23 days in to the transfer window? Those attacking options?

At no point have we been ready to go this season. There has always been an excuse. Firstly it was Europe. Then it’s that it’s difficult to get players in. The injuries I can accept have played a part, but we should still be far better off than we are.

We signed two players who we knew would be away for at least a month during the season. One of them wasn’t available to play until the middle of September due to visa issues.

Heisenberg
24-01-2019, 10:24 AM
It is pretty ridiculous we are still in the same position regarding strikers and we are this far into the transfer window. We still need 4/5 players in and we’ve got a week left.

SaulGoodman
24-01-2019, 10:25 AM
Kamberi GK- Slate after the game for not scoring
Hanlon RB Gauld CB Mallan CB Whittaker LB
Stevenson RW Shaw CM Horgan CM Mallan LW
Slivka ST Tommy Block ST

Aim Here
24-01-2019, 10:41 AM
Kamberi GK- Slate after the game for not scoring
Hanlon RB Gauld CB Mallan CB Whittaker LB
Stevenson RW Shaw CM Horgan CM Mallan LW
Slivka ST Tommy Block ST

I like this thinking, but I'm not sure Horgan is entirely suited to Centre Mid. I'd swap him out for Marciano.

MacGruber
24-01-2019, 10:45 AM
I like this thinking, but I'm not sure Horgan is entirely suited to Centre Mid. I'd swap him out for Marciano.

I already had Marciano in midfield - great minds!

Bostonhibby
24-01-2019, 10:49 AM
Kamberi - might aswell be at fault for conceding aswell as not scoring goals, stopping crosses, tracking back, Brexit etc

Gauld
Whittaker
Mallan
Porteous (pop the knee back in, strap it up and make him hoble)
Hanlon - keep at left back

Nelom
Omeonga
Marciano - holding mid
Mackie - played on the right

Bartley - up top for physicallity
Horgan - through the centre for long balls

Sorry - just thorougly hacked off[emoji3]

Only change I'd make, if there's still time we could sign the yams new giant striker and play him as a creative midfielder.

Family yam told me last night the guys absolutely useless and he'd rather have Cole Stockton back!

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Borderhibbie76
24-01-2019, 11:01 AM
Whatever team we all select in here...you can bet Lennon will chuck in a few jokers...like a CB at LB or a singer at RWB maybe even a midfielder up front...who knows??

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Borderhibbie76
24-01-2019, 11:02 AM
Interesting to see people’s team and the omission of mallan, seems like the penny’s starting to drop with a lot of people about what he actually brings to the team. Outwith set pieces, now and again, and a few goals at the start of the season what a let down he’s been.Irrelevant tho as the penny doesn't seem to drop with Lennon...Mallan appears un-droppable along with Whittaker

CMac1988
24-01-2019, 11:03 AM
...or a singer at RWB

Which singer though?

J-C
24-01-2019, 11:03 AM
Whatever team we all select in here...you can bet Lennon will chuck in a few jokers...like a CB at LB or a singer at RWB maybe even a midfielder up front...who knows??

I can't see Adele being any better that Whittaker or Gray

Borderhibbie76
24-01-2019, 11:05 AM

The attacking options Hibs had for last night's game were disgraceful for a club that has sold a record number of season tickets and is in good financial shape.Ahh but be patient...apparently we will sign quality a few days before the window shuts...that's the mantra in here and was all Summer long mate...and look how that's turned out. 3/4 Of way thru the window and no sign of a winger or a striker...it's a complete joke. If we Lose again on a Sunday which lets face it is entirely possible...we then face Celtic and Aberdeen in Feb- top 6 hopes could be over by mid Feb. But it's fine coz we need to be patient apparently ...anything else is just wetting the bed

Borderhibbie76
24-01-2019, 11:05 AM
So who’s to blame for that? Manager, or board for not releasing enough money for signingsWho knows??? But it's not the fans who have backed the club in record numbers

Borderhibbie76
24-01-2019, 11:06 AM
Which singer though?A singer would be better than some right now mate lol

Borderhibbie76
24-01-2019, 11:08 AM
I can't see Adele being any better that Whittaker or GrayAdele might be quicker than Whitts mind [emoji85]

Smartie
24-01-2019, 11:15 AM
Which singer though?

Adele might be quicker than Whitts mind [emoji85]

My mum's old sewing machine could fair move right enough.

Borderhibbie76
24-01-2019, 11:18 AM
My mum's old sewing machine could fair move right enough.[emoji23][emoji23]gotta laugh or we will cry right enough

SaulGoodman
24-01-2019, 12:00 PM
Which singer though?

David Gray of course

CMac1988
24-01-2019, 12:07 PM
David Gray of course

Touché.

Billy Whizz
24-01-2019, 12:47 PM
God forbid Hanlon or Daz pick up an injury or suspension soon.

Mr_F
24-01-2019, 12:53 PM
Marciano

Gray MacGregor Hanlon Mackie

Horgan Omeonga Slivka Gauld

Kamberi Shaw

Allant1981
24-01-2019, 12:58 PM
Marciano
Gray
McGregor
Hanlon
Mackie
Slivka
Omeonga
Gauld
Mallan
Horgan
Kamberi

If we were to sign another striker then 2 up front but Shaw and Allan aren't good enough and Maclaren obviously not here

Aim Here
24-01-2019, 01:11 PM
Ahh but be patient...apparently we will sign quality a few days before the window shuts...that's the mantra in here and was all Summer long mate...and look how that's turned out. 3/4 Of way thru the window and no sign of a winger or a striker...it's a complete joke. If we Lose again on a Sunday which lets face it is entirely possible...we then face Celtic and Aberdeen in Feb- top 6 hopes could be over by mid Feb. But it's fine coz we need to be patient apparently ...anything else is just wetting the bed

To be fair, we waited until the last day of the January window to sign both Flo Kamberi and Scott Allan and that seemed to turn out okay...

makaveli1875
24-01-2019, 01:12 PM
Rocky

Gray
Hanlon
McGregor
Mackie

Bartley

Slivka
Gauld
Mallan

Shaw
Kamberi

RossScott1991
24-01-2019, 01:14 PM
Marciano

Gray Porteous Hanlon Stevenson

Bartley

Morgan Allan Gauld

Cummings Kamberi

1. BOGDAN
2. MCGREGOR
3. AGYEPONG
4. MALLAN
5. SHAW
6. OMEONGA

p.s I realise this post is not helpful in anyway, just day dreaming at my desk!!😂

Zazu62
24-01-2019, 01:24 PM

Rocky

Gray
Daz
Hanlon
Mackie

Omeonga
Mallan

Slivka
Gauld
Horgan

Flo

So Mallan is a DM now?? He’s brutal gives the ball away and can’t tackle

500miles
24-01-2019, 01:26 PM
Marciano

Gray MacGregor Hanlon Mackie

Horgan Omeonga Slivka Gauld

Kamberi Shaw

This 100%

Diclonius
24-01-2019, 01:26 PM

Mallan should either be playing at the front of the midfield or not in the team at all. Playing him in front of the back 4 is a waste of a position, no idea what Lennon is thinking.

J-C
24-01-2019, 02:17 PM

Nope, you don't always play a DM in this system, deep playmaker would be be his position with Omeonga doing the graft as a box2box, the 3 attacking midfielders would mean we're playing higher up the pitch. Time to stop faffing around and go for all out attack

Speedway
24-01-2019, 02:27 PM
Mallan

Shaw
Murray
Horgan
Whittaker

Hanlon
Porteous
Marciano
Gullan
Berra

Tortolano

hfc-1875
24-01-2019, 02:44 PM
Horgan needs rested.

Rested? 😂 dropped u mean as he was honking last night. Surely doesn’t need a rest after playing 2 games.

Tambo
24-01-2019, 05:59 PM
Rocky

Gray
Marv
Hanlon
Nelom

Gauld
Omeonga
Slivka
Mackie

Gullan
Kamberi

Back to a basic 4-4-2 which will give kamberi some support up top and hopefully some good service from the wings.

I think Marv could do a job at CB and mallan needs dropped.

elevengoats
25-01-2019, 02:30 PM
We'll beat St. Mirren on Sunday. Whatever the team, we'll beat them.

Hibeesmad
25-01-2019, 02:41 PM
Bogdan

Gray
McGregor
Hanlon
Mackie

Mallan
Bartley
Gauld

Horgan
Kamberi