PDA

View Full Version : Gauld

Cat Stanton
23-01-2019, 10:16 PM
Thought he was the one bright spot tonight (in an otherwise dismal evening). Looks a proper wee player. Shame we don't have £48m to keep him.

Callum_62
23-01-2019, 10:17 PM
Thought he was the one bright spot tonight (in an otherwise dismal evening). Looks a proper wee player. Shame we don't have £48m to keep him.

we dont need 48 million to keep him, the release clause is basically worthless.

LaMotta
23-01-2019, 10:18 PM

Agreed. We need to get him playing centrally though. Our best spell came when he was playing there tonight. Out wide he wasnt involved enough.

Cat Stanton
23-01-2019, 10:20 PM
Agreed. We need to get him playing centrally though. Our best spell came when he was playing there tonight. Out wide he wasnt involved enough.

Absolutely. Seemed another odd decision to move him out there.

calumhibee1
23-01-2019, 10:21 PM
Agree. Much better when played centrally.

Billy Whizz
23-01-2019, 10:21 PM
Absolutely. Seemed another odd decision to move him out there.

Think it was an odd team we started with, to accommodate a new player, and get Ryan back in. But hey I’m just a fan

LaMotta
23-01-2019, 10:25 PM
Retains the ball in situations when he has no right to, and some of his passing is on a different level.

His one to Kamberi near the end caught everyone out including Kamberi unfortunately. I thought it was a crap shot at first, but he was looking for flo.

Sir David Gray
23-01-2019, 10:27 PM
He looks a level above most of his team mates unfortunately. His quality is obvious.

Smartie
23-01-2019, 10:31 PM
Retains the ball in situations when he has no right to, and some of his passing is on a different level.

His one to Kamberi near the end caught everyone out including Kamberi unfortunately. I thought it was a crap shot at first, but he was looking for flo.

The "retains the ball" part is hugely significant, as it is a quality that far too few of our squad possess.

We need to play much better under pressure. Played centrally and with better mobility up front and wide, I think we'd see our fortunes improve.

LaMotta
23-01-2019, 10:32 PM
The "retains the ball" part is hugely significant, as it is a quality that far too few of our squad possess.

We need to play much better under pressure. Played centrally and with better mobility up front and wide, I think we'd see our fortunes improve.

:agree:

B.H.F.C
23-01-2019, 10:42 PM

It was certainly a quality most of them didn’t possess tonight. I don’t think I have ever seen us give the ball away so frequently and easily.

hibsbollah
23-01-2019, 10:49 PM
I thought he was poor tonight, just like the rest of them. Obviously, he gets a bit of leeway because hes just in the door and getting aclimatised.

Dr_Regal
24-01-2019, 02:56 AM
Thought both he and Omeonga were shocked at Motherwell getting right in their faces from the off.
No time in the SPL boys to I’m afraid!