PDA

View Full Version : Scott Allan

Captain Trips
23-01-2019, 09:40 PM
Now please.

Heckys Wheel
23-01-2019, 09:42 PM
Honestly dont think Allen would’ve made any difference tonight.

Heisenberg
23-01-2019, 09:43 PM
Now please.

Won’t help our woefully slow defence/midfield. We’ll still get bullied all over the place and caught out when teams run at us.

Willis1875
23-01-2019, 09:43 PM
Won’t make any difference when we can’t get the ball out of midfield and into his feet

Captain Trips
23-01-2019, 09:44 PM
Honestly dont think Allen would’ve made any difference tonight.

He would of made a huge difference IMO. An outlet in the middle instead of the same old punts all night up to Flo.

shetlandhibee
23-01-2019, 09:48 PM
:top marks
He would of made a huge difference IMO. An outlet in the middle instead of the same old punts all night up to Flo.

Shrekko
24-01-2019, 11:22 AM

I doubt this seasons Flo could even control the perfect balls to his feet that Allan would give him.

Plenty balls to him aren’t ‘punts’ and there’s no excuse for a striker not being able to control a ball and pass to a team mate.

Scott Allan would be welcome anytime but our priority is a striker - preferably 2.

wookie70
24-01-2019, 11:25 AM
Happy to leave him till summer and concentrate on getting another couple of strikers in

Steve20
24-01-2019, 11:36 AM
The league is over for us. There is not a chance of top six and there's no way we will get dragged into a playoff battle, so all that's left is the cup. If bringing Allan in will give us a chance of winning it, then yeah let's get it done now. Realistically, it'll take a whole lot more than that to win it. So best leave him until the summer and hopefully we can put a decent team together for next season, with a new manager probably too.

RossScott1991
24-01-2019, 11:40 AM
Funny old season eh, went from needing him to now thinking he's not top priority atm.

Think pace, and players who can carry it and take folk on are needed, especially away from home.

wingers and strikers required before Allan. IMO. Be still nice to get him in mind you, but don't think he would help the balance.

JimBHibees
24-01-2019, 11:42 AM
Where would Scott and Ryan Gauld fit in. They look the same player to be honest.

Cat Stanton
24-01-2019, 11:49 AM
Where would Scott and Ryan Gauld fit in. They look the same player to be honest.

Indeed. On last night's showing, I think Gauld is the better player (don't get me wrong - am a big fan of Allan's). But of course it is very early days. But they look very similar in terms of their role.

Although, that said, maybe having TWO players in midfield who can actually pass to a forward wouldn't be a bad thing...

BlackSheep
24-01-2019, 11:59 AM
Indeed. On last night's showing, I think Gauld is the better player (don't get me wrong - am a big fan of Allan's). But of course it is very early days. But they look very similar in terms of their role.

Although, that said, maybe having TWO players in midfield who can actually pass to a forward wouldn't be a bad thing...

I'd rather two creative players like Allan and Gauld in the midfield than Bartley.... he offers almost nothing, even his 'enforcer skills' are dwindling... Just sort out the defence behind the midfield and having 2 creators will work.

Hibbyradge
24-01-2019, 06:07 PM
The league is over for us. There is not a chance of top six ...

I do hope that the players, manager and board haven't thrown the towel in like that.

tamig
24-01-2019, 06:10 PM
I do hope that the players, manager and board haven't thrown the towel in like that.

Absolutely. Ridiculous statement.

Leith Green
24-01-2019, 06:29 PM
Get him signed , lennon can play him full back or something similar

SChibs
24-01-2019, 06:41 PM

Could one play the Dylan role?

04Sauzee
24-01-2019, 06:48 PM

Mentioned I thought Allan could play the Dylan role in an earlier thread. Think I got told to take a lie down and keep taking the tablets :) 😂

erin go bragh
24-01-2019, 06:50 PM
Funny old season eh, went from needing him to now thinking he's not top priority atm.

Think pace, and players who can carry it and take folk on are needed, especially away from home.

wingers and strikers required before Allan. IMO. Be still nice to get him in mind you, but don't think he would help the balance.

Were 7pts behind 6th place Hearts . We have till the 31st to recruit the players needed . No way is the top six beyond us .

B.H.F.C
24-01-2019, 06:53 PM
Were 7pts behind 6th place Hearts . We have till the 31st to recruit the players needed . No way is the top six beyond us .

It probably isn’t ‘beyond’ us but we only have 11 games left to achieve it. It’s certainly unlikely.

How many of them do we need to win? 7 or 8 minimum? I don’t think we’ll win that many games between now and the split. We’ve only won 7 out of 22.

SChibs
24-01-2019, 07:45 PM

I Don't see why he couldn't to be honest.

Keith_M
24-01-2019, 07:51 PM
I'd like to see him in now as well but what we really need first is a decent striker.

cabbageandribs1875
24-01-2019, 07:59 PM

i'm positive Scott Allan was playing on the left hand side for us ?

rennie_hfc
24-01-2019, 08:56 PM

Man City play 2 attacking midfielders in front of a holding mid. Obviously the players and team we’re talking about are on a different planet (Allan/De Bruyne, Gauld/Silva), but with the right players around them it could possibly work in the Scottish prem. I just don’t think we have those players at the moment unfortunately.

BILLYHIBS
24-01-2019, 09:27 PM
If I was Scott Allan after last night I would rather take my 10k per week and watch Father Brown everyday thank you very much unless things improve

mjhibby
25-01-2019, 07:06 AM
The league is over for us. There is not a chance of top six and there's no way we will get dragged into a playoff battle, so all that's left is the cup. If bringing Allan in will give us a chance of winning it, then yeah let's get it done now. Realistically, it'll take a whole lot more than that to win it. So best leave him until the summer and hopefully we can put a decent team together for next season, with a new manager probably too.

Agree up until the new manager bit. BTW who would be better than Lennon. He has a shelf life like any other manager but just wondering who we could realistically get.

SirDavidsNapper
25-01-2019, 07:07 AM
Agree up until the new manager bit. BTW who would be better than Lennon. He has a shelf life like any other manager but just wondering who we could realistically get.

David Hopkin? Or did he get a job else where?

NthCarolinaHibs
25-01-2019, 07:10 AM

Think he's at Bradford..

DetroitHibs
25-01-2019, 07:20 AM
The league is more or less over, but the Scottish Cup is still very much a doable. I'd rather we paid whatever it is now and have Allan available to play in the SC.

04Sauzee
25-01-2019, 07:28 AM

Bradford City who are in one of the relagation spots. 6 wins out of 29 for Hopkin

Iain G
25-01-2019, 08:50 AM
Thierry Henry is available....

JimBHibees
25-01-2019, 06:04 PM

Style of football was horrendous.

The 90+2
25-01-2019, 06:10 PM
Hopkin is at Bradford and has turned them around playing good football. His football at Livi was effective considering they where in the second division.

cabbageandribs1875
25-01-2019, 06:13 PM
Hopkin is at Bradford and has turned them around playing good football. His football at Livi was effective considering they where in the second division.

yup, only 2nd bottom, pretty effective

04Sauzee
25-01-2019, 06:19 PM

Not sure where they were when he went there but his win rate isn't good

tamig
25-01-2019, 06:19 PM

What kind of good football are they playing? It doesn’t seem to be getting results. Club with great crowds too.

Gmack7
25-01-2019, 06:35 PM
we should be getting a young up and coming coach whos doing well at an EPL club. Theres a coach at wolves who has a bright future with some radical views and methods

HoboHarry
25-01-2019, 06:49 PM
we should be getting a young up and coming coach whos doing well at an EPL club. Theres a coach at wolves who has a bright future with some radical views and methods
That won't work - he's feart of Potter across the city.......

SirDavidsNapper
25-01-2019, 07:05 PM

Imagine the seethe if he came to Hibs and was a massive success

bigwheel
25-01-2019, 07:14 PM
Imagine the seethe if he came to Hibs and was a massive success

With his communication skills I can’t see him ever being successful as a head coach ...

Itsnoteasy
25-01-2019, 09:22 PM
What happens if the new manager disnae rate Scott Allan

500miles
25-01-2019, 09:22 PM

We'll just have to get one with eyes in his heid!

calumhibee1
25-01-2019, 09:39 PM
We'll just have to get one with eyes in his heid!

:greengrin

If the new manager doesn’t rate Scott Allan then he shouldn’t be the new manager.

flash
25-01-2019, 09:39 PM
:greengrin

If the new manager doesn’t rate Scott Allan then he shouldn’t be the new manager.

100%.

Callum_62
25-01-2019, 09:45 PM
I Hope Scott Allan doesnt know as much about pre contracts as Ian Mcall.

BullsCloseHibs
25-01-2019, 10:41 PM

Very little chance of that. He's a class act and any coach worth their corn will know that.

Keyser Sauzee
25-01-2019, 10:51 PM
Tonight’s got me thinking if SA will be thinking twice about coming next year.

Diclonius
25-01-2019, 10:55 PM

Yup. He might want to be our new manager instead.

Heisenberg
25-01-2019, 10:59 PM

I don’t think so. He wants to play for the club. He’s had his best spells here under two different managers so I’m sure he’s confident he’ll be able to replicate that again under a third.