PDA

View Full Version : David Gray

Zazu62
23-01-2019, 09:12 PM
Why isn’t he playing? Is he still injured?

we are hibs
23-01-2019, 09:13 PM
Why isn’t he playing? Is he still injured?

Even if he has a leg hanging off he should be playing right back ahead of Whittaker.

calumhibee1
23-01-2019, 09:14 PM
Inexplicable that he can’t get in that team.

B.H.F.C
23-01-2019, 09:17 PM
Him and Lennon must have fell out. No other reason for him not to be in the team. Something must have happened IMO.

HibeeHibernian4
23-01-2019, 09:30 PM
Our record this season when Gray has played a meaningful amount* of time in the game:
Played 11
Won 8
Drawn 3
Lost 0

Our record when Gray hasn't played any meaningful amount of time in the game:
Played 20
Won 4**
Drawn 8
Lost 8

*At least 45 minutes.
**Two of these wins came at home to NSI Runavik and Elgin City.

Heisenberg
23-01-2019, 09:32 PM
There’s obviously something going on that Whittaker continues to get a game instead of Gray. Our defence is so ridiculously slow and past it.

The Harp Awakes
23-01-2019, 09:33 PM
I know an acquaintance of DG, who said to me recently that DG has been fit for weeks and that he and Lennon don't get on.

Diclonius
23-01-2019, 09:42 PM
I know an acquaintance of DG, who said to me recently that DG has been fit for weeks and that he and Lennon don't get on.

Sounds like McPake all over again.

Hibeesmad
23-01-2019, 09:45 PM

If the manager and captain don’t get along then that’s going to do a lot of damage to the squad morale

roo62
23-01-2019, 09:45 PM
If there is a personality clash and Lennon keeps playing Whittaker as a result I can see it costing him his job

hibsfan7
23-01-2019, 09:46 PM
He should always start ahead of whittaker

Coco Bryce
23-01-2019, 09:47 PM
If the manager and captain don’t get along then that’s going to do a lot of damage to the squad morale

It's mental eh. Why is he still keeping him captain then?

JohnM1875
23-01-2019, 09:47 PM
He should always start ahead of whittaker

I reckon I should start instead of Whittaker.

CB_NO3
23-01-2019, 09:49 PM
Whittaker was not the worst player tonight. Bartley, Mallan, Horgan and Hanlon were all rubbish.

Hibeesmad
23-01-2019, 09:49 PM

Potentially could be trying to cover up the fact there is a problem, Lennon knows the fans adore DG and public knowledge of any issues could cause him a lot of problems.

Maybe looking into it way too much. Hopefully there is no issue and he starts on Sunday

JohnM1875
23-01-2019, 09:50 PM
Whittaker was not the worst player tonight. Bartley, Mallan, Horgan and Hanlon were all rubbish.

No one is denying that though. But,not one of those players has someone sitting on the bench that is clearly much better in their position.

HibeeHibernian4
Hopefully there is no issue and he starts on Sunday

He'd better. He was our best player in Paisley last time out.

roo62
Potentially could be trying to cover up the fact there is a problem, Lennon knows the fans adore DG and public knowledge of any issues could cause him a lot of problems.

Maybe looking into it way too much. Hopefully there is no issue and he starts on Sunday
No smoke without fire just bite the bullet Neil for the greater good

Albanian Hibs
23-01-2019, 09:52 PM
Whittaker is a ****ing embarrassment. David Gray should be the 1st name on that team sheet.

SeanWilson
23-01-2019, 09:52 PM
I know an acquaintance of DG, who said to me recently that DG has been fit for weeks and that he and Lennon don't get on.Nothing in that at all.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Albanian Hibs
23-01-2019, 09:53 PM

Yes he was. Can't pass, can't control the ball, awful.

Crab apple
23-01-2019, 09:53 PM
SDG is a leader and drives us on. We’re a better team when he plays.

CB_NO3
23-01-2019, 09:55 PM
Yes he was. Can't pass, can't control the ball, awful.

No he wasn't.

CB_NO3
23-01-2019, 09:56 PM
No one is denying that though. But,not one of those players has someone sitting on the bench that is clearly much better in their position.

He is obviously not fully fit. Gray's fitness record is one of the worst I have ever seen at Hibs. That is a fact.

we are hibs
23-01-2019, 09:59 PM
No he wasn't.

His attempt at defending in the first half when the boy basically walked past him without challenge was embarrassing.. that's before even getting onto his first touch which is a disgrace

HibeeHibernian4
23-01-2019, 09:59 PM
No he wasn't.

Motherwell's commentary team were, while trying to remain somewhat professional, flat out laughing about the ability of your son, Mr Whittaker.

CB_NO3
23-01-2019, 10:04 PM
Motherwell's commentary team were, while trying to remain somewhat professional, flat out laughing about the ability of your son, Mr Whittaker.

Good for them. I am not saying Whittaker had a good game but Horgan, Mallan, Bartley and Kamberi were worse or just as bad.

The 90+2
23-01-2019, 10:09 PM
He is obviously not fully fit. Gray's fitness record is one of the worst I have ever seen at Hibs. That is a fact.

You think he would be worse than what’s on the pitch?

MWHIBBIES
23-01-2019, 10:10 PM
Motherwell's commentary team were, while trying to remain somewhat professional, flat out laughing about the ability of your son, Mr Whittaker.He's won more trophies than their club, strange if they were laughing at him.

The 90+2
23-01-2019, 10:11 PM
Good for them. I am not saying Whittaker had a good game but Horgan, Mallan, Bartley and Kamberi were worse or just as bad.

Motherwell targeted the shambolic decision to play Hanlon left back. When Mackie (please don’t ruin his confidence Lennon) came on they targeted Whittaker. They done this which meant when the ball went over Mackie for their goal both Centre halves where over at the right hand side.

calumhibee1
23-01-2019, 10:11 PM

Gray has averaged out 32 games a season since signing.. nothing to write home about admittedly but one of the worst you’ve ever seen? :confused:

The Harp Awakes
23-01-2019, 10:12 PM
Nothing in that at all.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

There might not be Sean and I hope you're right, but it does seem bewildering that DG is not getting game time particularly with the squad presently stretched due to injuries, Efe and Milligan out etc, and results being indifferent.

BoomtownHibees
23-01-2019, 10:13 PM

“Not the worst tonight” is faint praise

roo62
Maybe but Lennon took a huge risk with young Porteous tonight so why not David Gray?

The 90+2
He's won more trophies than their club, strange if they were laughing at him.

It wasn’t strange, they where laughing how easy it was for their 18 year olds to rip the pish because he’s done. Probably like they watched Faddy and knew he was done.

CB_NO3
23-01-2019, 10:21 PM
Gray has averaged out 32 games a season since signing.. nothing to write home about admittedly but one of the worst you’ve ever seen? :confused:

He missed half of last season due to injury. Only played about 200 games in 10 years due to injury. Seems pretty obvious to me why he doesn't play.

calumhibee1
23-01-2019, 10:24 PM
He missed half of last season due to injury. Only played about 200 games in 10 years due to injury. Seems pretty obvious to me why he doesn't play.

You said it was the worst you’d seen at Hibs. As a comparison, Hanlon has played less at Hibs than Gray on average per season. I’m sure there’s probably countless others in this squad alone.

CB_NO3
23-01-2019, 10:31 PM
Paul Hanlon has played more football than David Gray has and he is younger. David Gray has been at the club for about 4 years and played just over 100 games.

hibbydog
24-01-2019, 01:57 AM
You said it was the worst you’d seen at Hibs. As a comparison, Hanlon has played less at Hibs than Gray on average per season. I’m sure there’s probably countless others in this squad alone.

Aye but he said it was a fact. So it’s a fact and you mustn’t disagree.

Thems the rules

CMurdoch
24-01-2019, 02:12 AM
Gray will play on Sunday.
Think the manager was holding him back to protect him tonight.
Wish he had held Porteous, Whitty and the new guy back instead!

Viva_Palmeiras
24-01-2019, 05:44 AM

Correct doesn’t add up for me.

Northernhibee
24-01-2019, 05:56 AM

Three of those four were out of position to begin with. Mallan too deep, Hanlon at LB, Horgan central. I don’t think you can be too harsh on them.

Viva_Palmeiras
24-01-2019, 05:59 AM

How many of that games not played was he available for selection?

calumhibee1
24-01-2019, 06:00 AM
How many of that games not played was he available for selection?

I’ve absolutely no idea. Until this season I’d suspect not many though.

Albanian Hibs
24-01-2019, 06:34 AM
No he wasn't.

🤣🤣🤣

Lee Marvin
24-01-2019, 06:37 AM

This is what I heard too

Brightside
24-01-2019, 06:43 AM
If he’s not fit play Nelom. Full backs MUST have pace. Whitt’s isn’t as bad as some make out but he doesn’t have the pace to play at this level. If he loses the ball he isn’t going to sprint back and win it back.

we are hibs
24-01-2019, 06:46 AM
If he’s not fit play Nelom. Full backs MUST have pace. Whitt’s isn’t as bad as some make out but he doesn’t have the pace to play at this level. If he loses the ball he isn’t going to sprint back and win it back.

That's another thing. Why is Nelom picking up a wage for sitting on his arse?

sean04
24-01-2019, 07:04 AM
Gray has to start at stmirren. Need his drive. Were a lot more solid with him playing

The 90+2
24-01-2019, 07:05 AM
That's another thing. Why is Nelom picking up a wage for sitting on his arse?

Nelom is like Tracey in eastenders.

Bukta#8
24-01-2019, 07:17 AM
Unfortunately/fortunately I can’t make the match on Sunday, if you attend please belt out the David Gray song for 90 minutes weather he’s on the pitch or not

He has to be the first name on the team sheet when fit

The Wireless
24-01-2019, 07:26 AM

YOU MIGHT NOT BE FAR FROM THE TRUTH , AS iT CANNOT BE A FOOTBALL DECISION.:greengrin:greengrin

DoubleDangerous
24-01-2019, 09:16 AM
I can't get my head around Lennon's constant use of Whittaker - it's as if we are determined to get value for money outa him.

The fact he has another year on his deal is harrowing.

There must be something going on between Lennon and Grey. If he's been fit for weeks, and Lennon still plays Whittaker, serious questions must be asked.

J-C
24-01-2019, 09:38 AM
Paul Hanlon has played more football than David Gray has and he is younger. David Gray has been at the club for about 4 years and played just over 100 games.

1 year younger, that one year makes a huge difference?

Gray has only really had injury problems in the last season and a half, 3 years in the championship he played 34.47 and 41 times. Lennon got lucky with the 3 at the back and playing Boyle as a wingback, we went on a decent run of games and he struggled to fit both Boyle and Gray into the team with a back 3, handily for Lennon he doesn't seem to have too much time for Gray and he played Boyle even when Gray was fit near the end of last season, in fact Gray wasn't happy he didn't get on the pitch in the last game against Rangers.

eastcoasthibby
24-01-2019, 01:52 PM
Has Lennon got a problem with Gray ? If so thats a bigger problem cos he is the manager and needs to get the best team and players on the park playing to get us results ....if Lennon cant sort it then LD needs too ....

Greenbeard
24-01-2019, 04:23 PM
If we get 25+ games out of him per season in which we have his solidity, energy and drive to make us competitive, then that'll do me just fine thank you very much.

MWHIBBIES
24-01-2019, 05:31 PM
If we get 25+ games out of him per season in which we have his solidity, energy and drive to make us competitive, then that'll do me just fine thank you very much.and what if we get 12 or 13 because that is what we're getting right now.

Tambo
24-01-2019, 05:52 PM
He was our best player before he got injured and now match fit but Lennon won't play him?

Cameron1875
24-01-2019, 06:50 PM
He is a club legend, our captain and best defender.

For him not to be in the team ahead of Whittaker is bordering on sackable. It is madness and hopefully Gray gets a good ovation on Sunday by the travelling fans.

Hi Heid Yin
24-01-2019, 06:55 PM

This is my take on the situation too.

weonlywon6-2
24-01-2019, 06:57 PM
I wouldn’t be surprised if DG and Lennon don’t get on
Lennon is an @rse and rips players to bits
I wouldn’t be sad if Lennon walked

Glory Lurker
24-01-2019, 07:14 PM
Sir David can slam a revolving door.

EastCalderHibby
24-01-2019, 10:06 PM
His attempt at defending in the first half when the boy basically walked past him without challenge was embarrassing.. that's before even getting onto his first touch which is a disgrace

I thought whittaker played well last night ......................................for murderwell

Blaster
25-01-2019, 02:33 PM
Gray says his recovery from injury not quite 100% yet but hopefully get a start on Sunday

Strange folk don’t want Lennon to risk Porteous when coming back from injury but ok to risk Gray

elevengoats
25-01-2019, 02:35 PM
Gray will be like a new high-budget signing once he comes back. Can't wait. But no point asking him to play before he's fully fit. We will need him in the later stages of the Scottish Cup.

Hibeesmad
25-01-2019, 02:43 PM
Was going to come on against Elgin presumably to regain some match sharpness, but Bogdan got injured and it was our final sub. Hopefully has had plenty of training time since to get him up to speed for Sunday

elevengoats
27-01-2019, 03:04 PM
Thought Gray was outstanding today. We missed him so much!

Dunfyhibee
27-01-2019, 03:10 PM
Simply has to play, drives us forward and sets the tone. A real captains performance

The 90+2
27-01-2019, 03:11 PM
Simply a beautiful sexy bald man 💚💚😘

GreenNWhiteArmy
27-01-2019, 03:12 PM
Davy Gray needs to be starting when he's fit.

Doesn't matter if it's against Hearts, St Mirren or Molde. We look A FAR better team and much more dangerous with him in it as an out ball on the right hand side

And he's a warrior 💚

hibee_girl
27-01-2019, 03:12 PM
One good thing to come out of all this Lennon nonsense is that Gray might now be offered a new contract

Crab apple
27-01-2019, 03:16 PM
He’s a leader and should play every week when fit. You saw today how he was always in McLean’s ear trying to influence things.

Lemonade
27-01-2019, 03:20 PM
One good thing to come out of all this Lennon nonsense is that Gray might now be offered a new contract

He's our captain. He plays like a captain. He carries the team.
Absolutely should be offered a new contract.

I love the man.

lyonhibs
27-01-2019, 03:34 PM
His importance to the team on the pitch, never mind off it, cannot be overstated.

If he's been fit and sat on the bench these past couple of weeks then Lennon really had lost the plot.

Danderhall Hibs
27-01-2019, 03:43 PM
His importance to the team on the pitch, never mind off it, cannot be overstated.

If he's been fit and sat on the bench these past couple of weeks then Lennon really had lost the plot.

It was only last week as he was injured pre Christmas?

Still he’s a proper leader and stood up when it mattered today.

Lee Marvin
27-01-2019, 03:48 PM
I actually love this man. Not lost this season and showed today why.

Lennon's handling of him is a sackable offence in itself.

calumhibee1
27-01-2019, 03:50 PM
It was only last week as he was injured pre Christmas?

Still he’s a proper leader and stood up when it mattered today.

He was on the bench for at least 2 games before Xmas.

SCHAEDYSHORTS
27-01-2019, 03:51 PM
Thought Gray was excellent today, like as has been mentioned, spoke to McLean on several occasions just making sure we weren’t going to get rolled over by dodgy decisions. Though the tackle on the boy on the touch line showed the desire to win we have been lacking lately, know idea what the erse of the commentator was going on about saying he was lucky & reckless doing that, class act & a better side with a leader in it.:not worth

Pretty Boy
27-01-2019, 03:52 PM
David Gray is the heartbeat of that team. His willingess to get up the park and his drive was key today.

If he's fit then he should play.

wookie70
27-01-2019, 03:55 PM
He was up and down that line for 90 minutes and looked one of the fittest Hibs player. That suggests to me he has been fit for at least a few weeks. How our Captain has not been starting given he is not only a good defender but regularly gets in the goals and gets the ball into the box is one of the most bizarre selection bloopers amongst the many Lennon made. I have no idea if he and Lennon had a falling out but from the evidence it certainly looks that way.

vercol36
27-01-2019, 04:15 PM
I know none of you mean any harm, but it’s a little bewildering to see so few posters remembering to give Sir David his proper title. You don’t become a Knight of Hibernia just for people to keep referring to you by your birth moniker.

norhfc
27-01-2019, 04:15 PM
Great to have him back today, thought his tackle on the boy out on the wing was solid. Couldn’t believe the commentators who thought he should have been sent off. Took the ball cleanly, took the man too right enough but got more than enough on the ball, he knew he had been tackled by a legend.
Their captain was on his erse most of the game, felt a touch and went down...embarrassing.

HibeeHibernian4
27-01-2019, 04:36 PM
Our record this season when Gray has played a meaningful amount* of time in the game:
Played 11
Won 8
Drawn 3
Lost 0

Our record when Gray hasn't played any meaningful amount of time in the game:
Played 20
Won 4**
Drawn 8
Lost 8

*At least 45 minutes.
**Two of these wins came at home to NSI Runavik and Elgin City.

Now played 12, won 9.

Ilovehibs
27-01-2019, 05:12 PM
When Sir Dave is in the team it's all just so much better.
Stay fit SDG. We need you so much.

Danderhall Hibs
27-01-2019, 05:18 PM
He was on the bench for at least 2 games before Xmas.

Just checked - 1 game before Christmas and 2 more before the break.

Incredible that we didn’t find a place for him.

Smartie
27-01-2019, 05:22 PM
Just checked - 1 game before Christmas and 2 more before the break.

Incredible that we didn’t find a place for him.

If we were to list Lennon's biggest mistakes, the under-appreciation of David Gray must be right up there with the man management of Flo.

Viva_Palmeiras
27-01-2019, 05:35 PM
He was up and down that line for 90 minutes and looked one of the fittest Hibs player. That suggests to me he has been fit for at least a few weeks. How our Captain has not been starting given he is not only a good defender but regularly gets in the goals and gets the ball into the box is one of the most bizarre selection bloopers amongst the many Lennon made. I have no idea if he and Lennon had a falling out but from the evidence it certainly looks that way.

Did David not say that he came back too soon earlier perhaps being protected from himself cf with Porto...

Hibee Mac
27-01-2019, 05:49 PM
Sir David Gray is by far our most important player in terms of fighting spirit and must play.

I just love watching the last 20 mins of the cup final his never say die attitude is unbelievable, he truly is the biggest legend I have ever had the privilege to watch at this club.

wookie70
27-01-2019, 05:50 PM
Did David not say that he came back too soon earlier perhaps being protected from himself cf with Porto...

Maybe before Christmas but since. Daz, Porteous and Hanlon all thrown back in early

27-01-2019, 05:59 PM
I’d like to remind everyone that he only has eyes for me. Back off

Borderhibbie76
27-01-2019, 06:38 PM
If we were to list Lennon's biggest mistakes, the under-appreciation of David Gray must be right up there with the man management of Flo.Yup 2 grave errors on his part deffo

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk