PDA

View Full Version : Lennon etc (merged threads)

Pages : [1] 2

Sammy7nil
23-01-2019, 08:49 PM
I like Lennon and think he has been great for Hibs.

However I think we can all agree the myth about him being the ultimate winner who would not let this or that happen is over. He is human and he is struggling and at this moment in time does not appear to have the answer. I think it can still change however it will almost certainly be too late to turn this league season around.

I think we are nearly at the point of writing the league season off and can concentrate on the cup.

calumhibee1
23-01-2019, 08:49 PM
2 wins in 14 league games. New manager needed.

SloopJB
23-01-2019, 08:51 PM
Aww cmon, Dundee were due a win.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
Get beat against St Mirren and it’s bye bye for me. Shocking tonight. Bizzare team selection and tactics one time too many now as well. Whittaker over Gray? Hoofball? I’ve just about had enough now.

People will have a go at me but I don’t care. 3 league wins in 15 speaks for itself I’m afriad.

hhibs

THose stats are awful,he needs to shape up or ship out.

Nicho87
23-01-2019, 08:52 PM
Gary Parker will do the interview and tell us it’s not good enough and hard work will solve it though.

23-01-2019, 08:53 PM

Who? (and don't say Steve Clarke).

Speedway
23-01-2019, 08:55 PM
Gary Parker will do the interview and tell us it’s not good enough and hard work will solve it though.

Ahh the old Yogi special ‘hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard’

The 90+2
23-01-2019, 08:56 PM
Thanks for steering us up Neil couple cup wins and a decent season last. Times up here though. It probably was the end of last season.

calumhibee1

Not my job to find a new manager. To expect the fans to have knowledge of managers in the market we’d be shopping in (other SPL teams, lower league English teams, EPL reserve league, lower leagues in Scotland etc) is asking a bit much.

End of the day there’s going to be stacks of managers out there who could get us more than 2 wins in 14.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
Don’t worry guys we do powerpoint presentation videos!!!!!

Gmack7

Why not Steve Clark?

hibee_girl
23-01-2019, 08:57 PM
Not my job to find a new manager. To expect the fans to have knowledge of managers in the market we’d be shopping in (other SPL teams, lower league English teams, EPL reserve league, lower leagues in Scotland etc) is asking a bit much.

End of the day there’s going to be stacks of managers out there who could get us more than 2 wins in 14.

Stacks of managers who can get us these outstanding players who'll make everything better in the space of 7 days before the transfer window closes?

It's never going to happen.

The 90+2
23-01-2019, 08:57 PM
Don’t worry guys we do powerpoint presentation videos!!!!!

And it got us someone unlike Chris Eskirne.

The 90+2
23-01-2019, 08:59 PM
Stacks of managers who can get us these outstanding players who'll make everything better in the space of 7 days before the transfer window closes?

No. Steady the sinking ship and work with management for next season. Cup aside seasons gone.

Why risk Lennon again next summer? Based on what, too?

Paloschi
23-01-2019, 09:00 PM
He's got to go. Simple as that. Has a Hibs manager ever kept his job in this position?

weecounty hibby
23-01-2019, 09:01 PM
I haven't got the flaming torch and pitchfork out like some folk but If Neil leaves Tommy Wright is the one for me. I don't think Clarke will leave Kilmarnock for us

calumhibee1

Outstanding players? While I don’t think some of the players are up to it we’ve got the players to be performing way above where we are.

Weegreenman
Season ticket holder and I’m looking for any excuse not to go to Easter Road. We’ve all been let down badly once again by the club regards bringing in the quality of player our attendances deserve. We’ve lost all momentum on the back of 2016. One thing we should have done different that might well have stopped us being in this current position. We should have got Scott Allan last season. Whatever it took, that’s what we should have done.

norhfc
23-01-2019, 09:02 PM
All the talk about the hard work done in Dubai, didn’t look like it tonight.
Looked jaded and a yard or two behind the pace, not got much else to say tbh...but they are not playing for their manager.

Del Boy
23-01-2019, 09:02 PM
I think he should go. With the money he’s had compared to the likes of st Johnstone he’s not doing a good job.

23-01-2019, 09:03 PM
We have a great infrastructure, a decent squad but a manager who has lost it. I don’t know how much say he has on signings given he has no clue what to do with most of them.

FitbaFolkKen
It's just not particularly enjoyable to watch at the minute. No excitement, no flair and for the first time in a while there is a bit of a disconnect between the club and the fans.

Gmack7
I haven't got the flaming torch and pitchfork out like some folk but If Neil leaves Tommy Wright is the one for me. I don't think Clarke will leave Kilmarnock for us

Clarke certainly wouldn't leave just now but he wont be at kilmarnock next season so why not ER

Hibs90

No thanks. Hoofball merchant.

we are hibs
23-01-2019, 09:04 PM
He's got to go. Simple as that. Has a Hibs manager ever kept his job in this position?

That's the thing. If this was fenlon or butcher or calderwood or someone else then they would be getting hounded right now. Yet there are still people defending him? It's relegation form. It's disgraceful form. Continually playing Mallan and Whittaker is a joke. Continually throwing in a 3 in the back even though it blatantly hasn't worked this season. Continually blaming everyone else but himself. Not good enough.

Centre Hawf
23-01-2019, 09:04 PM
I think we’re probably best keeping him till the season ends now we’re into january with under 10 days to get signings and a manager. But this needs to be his last season.

cleanyman
23-01-2019, 09:05 PM
I'd give him 3 games

Too many folk were reading into a game against the mighty Elgin and got overexcited

.Sean.
23-01-2019, 09:07 PM
Lennon’s lucky we’ve got a semi kind draw in the cup as that could be his saving grace with the prospect of a European spot already as good as written off.

He needs to stick with either 4 4 2 or 3 at the back as the players look as bamboozled as us.

Can’t see how anyone can really argue against how piss poor it is we’ve yet to sign even one striker of the two minimum required, especially with how off Kamberi is/ has been and we knew all along McLaren would be away with his country.

Bar 4 or 5 players any them could leave and I wouldn’t lose a wink of sleep. I’m starting to think the same of our manager too. Not saying for a minute we’ll go down as we’ll be nowhere near the bottom 2 but 2 wins in 14 is dare I say it relegation form. Garbage no matter how you dress it up.

matty_f
23-01-2019, 09:09 PM
All the talk about the hard work done in Dubai, didn’t look like it tonight.
Looked jaded and a yard or two behind the pace, not got much else to say tbh...but they are not playing for their manager.

That's not fair, imho.

We looked the better team in the second half even though we were pish, and I can't recall Motherwell looking fitter than us at any point.

Hibbyradge
23-01-2019, 09:10 PM
We were 7 points off 6th place before tonight's game.

We're still 7 points off 6th place tonight and we will be top 6 at the end of the season.

calumhibee1
23-01-2019, 09:12 PM

We're still 7 points off 6th place tonight and we will be top 6 at the end of the season.

On the evidence of the last 14 games we’ll be absolutely miles off top 6. Wouldn’t be surprised to see us finish about 12 points off it.

S4uzee
Lennon’s lucky we’ve got a semi kind draw in the cup as that could be his saving grace with the prospect of a European spot already as good as written off.

He needs to stick with either 4 4 2 or 3 at the back as the players look as bamboozled as us.

Can’t see how anyone can really argue against how piss poor it is we’ve yet to sign even one striker of the two minimum required, especially with how off Kamberi is/ has been and we knew all along McLaren would be away with his country.

Bar 4 or 5 players any them could leave and I wouldn’t lose a wink of sleep. I’m starting to think the same of our manager too. Not saying for a minute we’ll go down as we’ll be nowhere near the bottom 2 but 2 wins in 14 is dare I say it relegation form. Garbage no matter how you dress it up.
Not signing a striker before our first game back is poor IMO considering all the talk has been how we have to improve after the break. Doubt we will have one in place by Sunday so that’s two games away

Hibs90

No chance

Wakeyhibee
23-01-2019, 09:13 PM
If it was March with that record I'd say it's time to change. As it is, there's little point just now with deals still being sought/finalized (hopefully).

Famous last words but last few seasons > 36 points is safety. I can't see us not getting that even as it stands, nor can I see either Dundee or St Mirren getting that many.

I'd give it til March, LD to start looking for potential replacements and if a serious improvement is not made by then, make a change in March and give the incoming manager time before the next window

Borderhibbie76
23-01-2019, 09:14 PM

We're still 7 points off 6th place tonight and we will be top 6 at the end of the season.Your in dreamland mate...no offence...we've failed to beat Dundee St Mirren and Well...3 of the only 4 teams below us. Not happening

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Sammy7nil
23-01-2019, 09:14 PM

That is a great comfort to know:greengrin however it does not hide the fact the manager and the team are really struggling.

we are hibs
23-01-2019, 09:15 PM
Even if we did somehow make top 6 that shouldn't be seen as a massive achievwment.it should be the bare minimum

The 90+2

Only? Only aye? Should have brought in that midfielder from Partick who are actually ahead of us with a complete fraction of our budget after all?

Never mind, the next weeks going to be amazing with all these players worth waiting for to lead us to the top of the bottom six having almost finished second last year, right?

Waxy
We’re never going to be good enough to go on long unbeaten runs in this league.All the teams are much if a muchness.
Everyones beating everyone bar Celtic now.
Even if NL does get the best out the sqaud we’ll still be suffering a few losses.
Onwards. Lets see how the rest of the transfer window goes.

SideBurns
23-01-2019, 09:16 PM

What is surely inarguable is that Tommy Wright has done a fantastic job with meagre resources. There seems to be a common belief that he plays hoofball, but we're not exactly seeing an attractive style of play at the moment. Maybe Wright has just played pragmatically in order to get results, but until he gets a bigger job I suppose we'll never know.

SeanWilson
23-01-2019, 09:18 PM
Clarke certainly wouldn't leave just now but he wont be at kilmarnock next season so why not ERCause he could probably get back to the EPL, certainly the championship. Earn more money, sign better players and watch better football?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

calumhibee1
23-01-2019, 09:18 PM
Everyones beating everyone bar Celtic now..

Apart from us. We’re beating nobody.

Hibbyradge
23-01-2019, 09:19 PM
On the evidence of the last 14 games we’ll be absolutely miles off top 6. Wouldn’t be surprised to see us finish about 12 points off it.

Yes, that's your outlook, you've said it on various threads, several times.

I don't think there's a manager on the planet that could have achieved much more with the number and frequency of injuries that Lennon's had to deal with, but you don't think that's relevant.

Fair enough, that's your view. I'm not going to try to persuade you to be optimistic. If you want to be pessimistic and live in misery, that's your choice. I don't know what you get from it, but fill your boots.

I think we'll sign players next week and start climbing the league.

We'll be top 6.

However, I'll cope whether we do or we don't.

stoneyburn hibs
23-01-2019, 09:19 PM
Quite a fair amount of chairmen and managers giving there thoughts on here.

mcfly
23-01-2019, 09:20 PM

Scraping into Top 6 is still not good enough.

A striker must be signed before Sunday. We are so slow in recruitment and falling further and further behind.

Hibbyradge
23-01-2019, 09:20 PM
Only? Only aye? Should have brought in that midfielder from Partick who are actually ahead of us with a complete fraction of our budget after all?

Never mind, the next weeks going to be amazing with all these players worth waiting for to lead us to the top of the bottom six having almost finished second last year, right?

Only what? :confused:

weecounty hibby
23-01-2019, 09:21 PM

Aye whatever you say. Won St Js first ever major trophy, 3 4th placed finishes. European qualification, all with a tiny budget but getting his team to play to their strengths. FWIW I'm not desperate to get Lennon out so it's pretty irrelevant anyway

BoomtownHibees

Not chairmen or managers, just supporters sharing their concerns and rightly so imo

calumhibee1

I don't think there's a manager on the planet that could have achieved much more with the number and frequency of injuries that Lennon's had to deal with, but you don't think that's relevant.

Fair enough, that's your view. I'm not going to try to persuade you to be optimistic. If you want to be pessimistic and live in misery, that's your choice. I don't know what you get from it, but fill your boots.

We'll be top 6.

That’s the first time I’ve said we’ll be miles off top 6. Which is pretty much the only point I made in my post so I’m not sure what you’re implying I’m repeating.

I also find it baffling that you believe that this is the best we could have done this season, injuries or not but hey ho.

cleanyman
What is this top 6 pish based on ?

We are absolutely terrible and have been all season

Look at Killie and Aberdeen again this season

Talk about missing the boat. What a chance it could have been

norhfc
That's not fair, imho.

We looked the better team in the second half even though we were pish, and I can't recall Motherwell looking fitter than us at any point.

We had to improve 2nd half, Motherwell worked twice as hard as us tonight, well worth their win. Maybe it was their desire rather than fitness that won it for them.

matty_f

Dave, I remember reading and making posts like that in the Butcher relegation season and we all know what happened there.

We should be winning these games comfortably. Motherwell don't have the luxury of a training centre, or the youth set up we have, or the season ticket and commercial income we have.

They don't have recruitment team like we do or the same level of analysts, they weren't able to go to Dubai (afaik) for a training camp.

Lennon and Hibs have all that on their side and are consistently coming up short against teams who would love to have our resources.

We are underperforming massively, saying it'll be ok is nice and reassuring but ultimately counts for nothing when we've got nothing to show for it.

B.H.F.C
23-01-2019, 09:22 PM

We haven’t seen anything lately to suggest we are capable of improving enough to even reach the dizzy heights of the top six.

Lennon has spent the last 3 months slagging off our strikers. 23 days in to the window we’ve done nothing about it and lost a game to one of the worst sides in the league.

matty_f
23-01-2019, 09:23 PM
We had to improve 2nd half, Motherwell worked twice as hard as us tonight, well worth their win. Maybe it was their desire rather than fitness that won it for them.

It was our lack of quality in front of goal more than they're desire.

SirDavidsNapper
Fenlon got hounded out for less

CorrieHibs

Tommy Wright for me. Look at St Johnstone’s midfield. Not great on paper, but sitting 5th and 8 points ahead of us. He gets the best out of players. If we had that midfield, we would be relegated.

Hibeesmad

I like your belief. I’m with you 👍

gaz1875
What is surely inarguable is that Tommy Wright has done a fantastic job with meagre resources. There seems to be a common belief that he plays hoofball, but we're not exactly seeing an attractive style of play at the moment. Maybe Wright has just played pragmatically in order to get results, but until he gets a bigger job I suppose we'll never know.

Agree in bold. These hoofball comments are ridiculous, you don't get results over the last few seasons punting it up the pitch every game. He gets the best from the players he has unlike NL has managed to achieve.

Hibbyradge
23-01-2019, 09:24 PM
Dave, I remember reading and making posts like that in the Butcher relegation season and we all know what happened there.

We should be winning these games comfortably. Motherwell don't have the luxury of a training centre, or the youth set up we have, or the season ticket and commercial income we have.

They don't have recruitment team like we do or the same level of analysts, they weren't able to go to Dubai (afaik) for a training camp.

Lennon and Hibs have all that on their side and are consistently coming up short against teams who would love to have our resources.

We are underperforming massively, saying it'll be ok is nice and reassuring but ultimately counts for nothing when we've got nothing to show for it.

What should I say?

And why?

Saying everything is terrible counts for nothing too.

Diclonius
Is the interview out yet?

Is the interview out yet?

Apparently played well.............

DaveF
23-01-2019, 09:25 PM

Here, here (in house of commons shouty way :greengrin)

Why not Steve Clark?

Too obvious to suggest him but it is very unlikely he'd leave Killie, 1 point off the top, to come to Hibs who are languishing in 8th.

leithsansiro

I would love that to be true, but I'm not sure I see what we currently have that'll make the difference.

Hibeesmad

I see where you’re coming from, he did however lose 5-1 in our biggest ever match, lost another cup final a year later and then lost 7-0 at home in Europe

SteveHFC
23-01-2019, 09:26 PM

We'll be top 6.

Its not a negative look, its a realistic one.

we are hibs
23-01-2019, 09:26 PM

Or supporters giving their opinions, you know what the forum is actually for.:rolleyes:

Hibbyradge
23-01-2019, 09:27 PM
Its not a negative look, its a realistic one.

I didn't say it was negative.

Inconsequential
Apart from us. We’re beating nobody. Not true we beat Celtic quite recently! Which is quite bizarre.

Not In The Know

Hibbyragde i commend your optimism, but after tonight i am really worried.

Are we better than

1. Celtic - No
2. The rangers - No
3. Sheep - No
4. Killie - No

So that leaves 2 places between us, Jumbos, StJ and livi.

Squeaky bum time...

Smartie
23-01-2019, 09:28 PM
Apart from us. We’re beating nobody.

We are beating Celtic though.

Hibbyradge
23-01-2019, 09:28 PM
Are we better than

1. Celtic - No
2. The rangers - No
3. Sheep - No
4. Killie - No

Squeaky bum time...

Three squeaky bums.

We'll do it.

calumhibee1
23-01-2019, 09:29 PM
We are beating Celtic though.

Aye.. 6 games ago. :greengrin

NORTHERNHIBBY
Motherwell got roasted by Ross County and made a few changes and they were too good for us. We were disjointed and jaded. Played like a side that won't go down but won't threaten the top six either.

hibbydog
Cause he could probably get back to the EPL, certainly the championship. Earn more money, sign better players and watch better football?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I’d eat my hat if Steve Clarke joins hibs. Like you say, his performance at Kilmarnock has been incredible and will be attracting suitors who would be able to pay him squillions more than us.

Love to be wrong though

Forza Fred
23-01-2019, 09:31 PM
Motherwell got roasted by Ross County and made a few changes and they were too good for us. We were disjointed and jaded. Played like a side that won't go down but won't threaten the top six either.

yep, and the question unfortunately is...will we finish above LIVI?

The 90+2
23-01-2019, 09:32 PM
Only what? :confused:

7 points off being 6th in the league. We’re pap and I think you’re trolling lots.

Smartie
23-01-2019, 09:33 PM
We have absolutely no chance of getting top 6 and that should have been the absolute bare minimum expected over the summer.

There are no goals in this team. The midfield don't create enough, the strikers don't take enough, and the defence is s bit wobbly too.

These were the problems that got us relegated before.

We might get some decent players in to plug the gaps yet, but they won't do as much as they're capable of whilst carrying the likes of Mallan and Whittaker.

The 90+2
23-01-2019, 09:33 PM
I didn't say it was negative.

It’s an outlook shared by others that have seen teams broken apart and seen the club tumble from playing good football and a feel good factor to half empty stadiums and eventually relegation.

hibbydog
23-01-2019, 09:34 PM
Hibbyragde i commend your optimism, but after tonight i am really worried.

Are we better than

1. Celtic - No
2. The rangers - No
3. Sheep - No
4. Killie - No

Squeaky bum time...

Hearts, St Johnstone and Livingston are all better sides than us. If you don’t believe me, ask the league table.

Absolutely zero evidence to suggest we’ll turn this around.

We’re a stick on for bottom 6

Hibbyradge
7 points off being 6th in the league. We’re pap and I think you’re trolling lots.

I didn't say only. Learn to read.

I said we were 7 behind last night and we're still 7 behind tonight.

Don't put words in my mouth and do not accuse me of trolling because I have a different opinion to you.

southern hibby

No lots of football fans giving their opinion.

GGTTH

matty_f
What should I say?

And why?

Saying everything is terrible counts for nothing too.

I'm not saying you should say anything, you're entitled to your opinion and you know what, I agree with you that saying everything is terrible counts for nothing as well.

I get plenty stick on here for being a happy clapper (I'm not :greengrin) and I've made your argument myself many times, I just like to think that experience has taught me to question it and knowing that it doesn't matter whether I say it's all good or all terrible means that I don't mind saying it's crap when i think it's crap.

The 90+2
23-01-2019, 09:35 PM
We have absolutely no chance of getting top 6.

There are no goals in this team. The midfield don't create enough, the strikers don't take enough, and the defence is s bit wobbly too.

These were the problems that got us relegated before.

We might get some decent players in to plug the gaps yet, but they won't do as much as they're capable of whilst carrying the likes of Mallan and Whittaker.

We have Milligan coming back too though, that bit of class we where told to be quiet about in the summer when there was massive concerns.

I love Steven Whittaker but he’s done.

Stuart93
23-01-2019, 09:37 PM
Massive difference between the team stubbs built and the one Lennons put together. Stubbs built a young hungry squad where the majority of players brought in were permanent. Lennons building a team full of stop gaps, players who’ll be here half a season and away again.

Recruitment between the two is absolutely night and day but the same recruitment team at their disposal

CapitalGreen
23-01-2019, 09:38 PM

Don't put words in my mouth and do not accuse me of trolling because I have a different opinion to you.

Yeah still 7 behind but with less games to play, there’s only 11 games now until the split.

alihibs1
23-01-2019, 09:38 PM
Lennon saying we were very good second half and that we are creating chances.

That worries me that he thinks that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 90+2
23-01-2019, 09:39 PM

What did the rest of your post mean about making top six if the word missed out was “only”? I’m accusing you of trolling based on your other posts belittling other posters when we sign Allan on a pre-contract and some boy who does look good but off the pace instead of players who play for clubs ahead of us, that okay?

Oh aye, if you aren’t trolling then it’s ludicrous to say we will be top six based on zero apart from you saying we are going to sign loads of class players in the next week towards the end of the window 💚

Hibbyradge
23-01-2019, 09:39 PM
Yeah still 7 behind but with less games to play, there’s only 11 games now until the split.

That's right.

7 points behind, 33 points to play for.

The 90+2
23-01-2019, 09:40 PM

The missing word of this disaster of a season is “only” and there’s no danger we are finishing in the top six.

Heisenberg
23-01-2019, 09:40 PM
Lennon saying we were very good second half and that we are creating chances.

That worries me that he thinks that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m guessing he blames the strikers again then. Shambles all over the park and nowhere near very good in the second half.

The 90+2
23-01-2019, 09:41 PM
That's right.

😂😂😂

Viva_Palmeiras
23-01-2019, 09:41 PM

Which recent Hibs manager holds the longest streak without a win.
Name the last Hibs manager to have the run of gameS in Europe as Lennon?

Did you really mean “ever”?

Hibbyradge
23-01-2019, 09:42 PM
What did the rest of your post mean about making top six if the word missed out was “only”? I’m accusing you of trolling based on your other posts belittling other posters when we sign Allan on a pre-contract and some boy who does look good but off the pace instead of players who play for clubs ahead of us, that okay?

Oh aye, if you aren’t trolling then it’s ludicrous to say we will be top six based on zero apart from you saying we are going to sign loads of class players in the next week towards the end of the window 💚

I have no idea what you're talking about, Rocky.

I think we'll improve and we'll do enough to finish top 6. If that's trolling, then my understanding of that word has been wrong for years.

CapitalGreen
23-01-2019, 09:42 PM
That's right.

11 points from our last 33 available suggests we aren’t going to do it.

Hibbyradge
23-01-2019, 09:43 PM
11 points from our last 33 available suggests we aren’t going to do it.

Why does it bother people so much that I'm optimistic? :confused:

bingo70

We’re not finishing top 6 with this side, no way.

Some people can see hibs do no wrong (and some can see us do no right), imo anybody looking at hibs objectively just now would see we’re in bother though.

It’s not a complete lost cause just yet as there’s still a week left of the transfer window, I’ll be very surprised if we manage to find the players and a formation that works in just over a week though.

calumhibee1

I’m not sure many folk are bothered at all. We just couldn’t disagree more with you, that’s all.

The 90+2
23-01-2019, 09:44 PM
I’m guessing he blames the strikers again then. Shambles.

The team done as instructed attacking wise for Neil. Punt wide towards Horgan and then do Di Canio style diving in and blocking in in the middle of defence whilst trying to show the board we need two full backs. The whole disaster has actually forgotten how much Hanlon was being ragdolled at left back playing there for no reason at all with Mackie on the bench while playing Whittaker without Gray getting a shout.

Hibbyradge
23-01-2019, 09:44 PM
😂😂😂

And that's not trolling?

HibeeHibernian4
23-01-2019, 09:46 PM
If he loses at St Mirren, he can go as far as I'm concerned.

hibbydog
23-01-2019, 09:48 PM

Doesn’t bother me. It just seems like blind optimism despite the overwhelming evidence that doesn’t justify it.

Hibbyradge
23-01-2019, 09:49 PM
Doesn’t bother me. It just seems like blind optimism despite the overwhelming evidence that doesn’t justify it.

I hope our manager and players share my view.

CapitalGreen
23-01-2019, 09:51 PM
I hope our manager and players share my view.

I’d rather our manager and players were facing reality and doing something about it rather than relying on blind optimism to be honest.

Hibbyradge
23-01-2019, 09:53 PM
I’d rather our manager and players were facing reality and doing something about it rather than relying on blind optimism to be honest.

Yep. That's exactly what I think will happen and they'll succeed.

See, we're not that far apart after all. :wink:

gaz1875
The team done as instructed attacking wise for Neil. Punt wide towards Horgan and then do Di Canio style diving in and blocking in in the middle of defence whilst trying to show the board we need two full backs. The whole disaster has actually forgotten how much Hanlon was being ragdolled at left back playing there for no reason at all with Mackie on the bench while playing Whittaker without Gray getting a shout.

The 3 at the back if that's his tactics are miles apart, this is why it doesn't work for us. Mackie has been playing well, would he have dropped Stevenson had he been fit and playing? I wouldn't think so. Another NL tactic of playing his favourite not his best team.

The 90+2
And that's not trolling?

You’re a funny guy, Weathers.

allmodcons
23-01-2019, 09:54 PM

There is no place on this board for optimism tonight. There is angry mob baying for blood but IMO the silent majority of Hibs supporters still back Neil Lennon.

I’m not sure many folk are bothered at all. We just couldn’t disagree more with you, that’s all.

Would be nice to see you say something positive about your club.

Nobody is suggesting Lennon hasn't made mistakes but if you think that the answer is to sack him a few days before the window closes and bring in Christ only knows I'm pleased you're not the one making decisions at our club.

RossScott1991
Hibernian head coach Neil Lennon: "Second-half we were very good but poor in the final third. We missed easy chances. We dominated the second half but we have to turn the domination into goals. It's not as if we're not creating the chances.

"Ryan Porteous' knee's popped out so we don't know how bad it's going to be. We've just had him back [from a previous injury], I wanted him in the team because he's been superb this season. It's another injury we could've done without. We've lost him and Efe Ambrose has left - it's an area I don't really want to delve into [in the transfer market] because we're looking at the top end of the pitch."

I’m officially worried.dominated second half ?? This is some yogi stuff right here it’s alarming

Hibeesmad

I hope that come May, you return to this thread with ‘I told you so’ 👍

Bangkok Hibby
When will he lose patience with Whittaker or indeed the club. His body language during the game spoke volumes. He looked "resigned"

stoneyburn hibs
23-01-2019, 09:55 PM
Not chairmen or managers, just supporters sharing their concerns and rightly so imo

That's fair enough. We've been on a high for 3 years and every supporter is rightly disappointed this season but it's Hibs and it shouldn't surprise anyone.

I'll be pissed off if I have to watch us in the bottom six this season, but be there next season. Hopefully the reaction of a poor season from some on here isn't a reflection of the whole support as it's hysterical
nonsense .

The 90+2
23-01-2019, 09:56 PM
The 3 at the back if that's his tactics are miles apart, this is why it doesn't work for us. Mackie has been playing well, would he have dropped Stevenson had he been fit and playing? I wouldn't think so. Another NL tactic of playing his favourite not his best team.

It actually makes no sense.

You look at the team before the game and think “jeezo, let’s hope it works” then it becomes plainly clear the team as a team hasn’t got a clue and the shape is all over the shop. Who actually played right midfield tonight? I genuinely can’t rememeber one time someone went down the right and even put a cross in?

HibeeHibernian4
23-01-2019, 09:57 PM
There is no place on this board for optimism tonight. There is angry mob baying for blood but IMO the silent majority of Hibs supporters still back Neil Lennon.

Nobody is suggesting Lennon hasn't made mistakes but if you think that the answer is to sack him a few days before the window closes and bring in Christ only knows I'm pleased you're not the one making decisions at our club.

Even if Lennon brings in the 'right' players in the next couple of days, what's to say he gets the team tactically sorted enough to actually make a difference? It's all well and good signing someone talented like Ryan Gauld, but if you can't set up a team and do the basics, there's not much point.

Hibs90
Hibernian head coach Neil Lennon: "Second-half we were very good but poor in the final third. We missed easy chances. We dominated the second half but we have to turn the domination into goals. It's not as if we're not creating the chances.

"Ryan Porteous' knee's popped out so we don't know how bad it's going to be. We've just had him back [from a previous injury], I wanted him in the team because he's been superb this season. It's another injury we could've done without. We've lost him and Efe Ambrose has left - it's an area I don't really want to delve into [in the transfer market] because we're looking at the top end of the pitch."

I’m officially worried.dominated second half ?? This is some yogi stuff right here it’s alarming

He's lost it.

calumhibee1

If there’s something positive to say I’ll say it. Like when we signed Scott Allan and I was positive about it. Or the second half of last season. If there’s nothing positive to say, like there hasn’t been for the majority of the season (hence our indefensible league position) then I’ll say that aswell. I’ll call it as I see it.

If you think that keeping a guy at the helm who has us on a run that is every bit as bad if not worse than anything Butcher, Fenlon, Calderwood etc had us on is the answer then I’m glad you’re not making the decisions either.

The 90+2
23-01-2019, 09:58 PM
Weathers? What's that supposed to mean?

Sorry, you called me a boxing characters name randomly so it was suggesting I wanted a fight, when it’s not the truth. Maybe just leave it there 👍

matty_f

We were the better team in the second half. It's easy to dismiss because of the result but anyone objectively watching that second half would say we were the better team.

Hibeesmad
Even if Lennon brings in the 'right' players in the next couple of days, what's to say he gets the team tactically sorted enough to actually make a difference? It's all well and good signing someone talented like Ryan Gauld, but if you can't set up a team and do the basics, there's not much point.

Do you think the players are as much to blame as the manager?

Ronniekirk
23-01-2019, 09:59 PM

All we are interested is Hibs winning You can be as Optimistic as you wantt but it didn’t get us three points tonight and Kilmarnock after losing their best Striker win
New players will take time to
Bed in But given injuries and Effie leaving we are Probably weaker
Tonight and St Mirren were must win games if we are to get back into Top Six
We may still achieve that depending on who else we bring in But Porteous injured tonight just sums up our bad luck
Will be end of Feb before it’s clearer how we are doing , but for me we could of done with three points tonight

The 90+2
23-01-2019, 09:59 PM
He's lost it.

More importantly, get Ryan sorted long term, this is the second time this has happened and if he’s fresh for next season so be it. We won’t go down regardless.

hibbydog
23-01-2019, 10:00 PM
That's fair enough. We've been on a high for 3 years and every supporter is rightly disappointed this season but it's Hibs and it shouldn't surprise anyone.

I'll be pissed off if I have to watch us in the bottom six this season, but be there next season. Hopefully the reaction of a poor season from some on here isn't a reflection of the whole support as it's hysterical
nonsense .

Hullo

Whilst I agree that some posts are the inevitable knee jerk, OTT nonsense, the majority seem to be airing valid concerns based on actual evidence.

IE - were in a poor league position and in terrible form. Nothing is really giving any confidence that things are going to improve.

Personally I don’t see why we shouldn’t ask questions about the manager

HibeeHibernian4
23-01-2019, 10:01 PM
Do you think the players are as much to blame as the manager?

It's a combination of the two, but the buck ultimately stops with the manager. If he loses the dressing room (not suggesting he has, just hypothetically), then that's on him.

bingo70
23-01-2019, 10:01 PM
He's lost it.

We did dominate the second half but we were still crap.

We will have been allowed to dominate as they’ll have naturally sat a bit deeper trying to protect their lead. We weren’t very good in the second half at all, I’m sure Lennon can’t really believe that we were.

The 90+2
23-01-2019, 10:02 PM
We were the better team in the second half. It's easy to dismiss because of the result but anyone objectively watching that second half would say we were the better team.

They didn’t have to be. We caused them very little problems and they tried to hit us on the break concluding on us creating sod all and them, Motherwell, eight points behind us knocked out the cup off lower league pap and who the fans want their manager out comfortably winning. Having missed a sitter by some huddy hearts have had on loan out for about 6 years.

matty_f
23-01-2019, 10:03 PM
They didn’t have to be. We caused them very little problems and they tried to hit us on the break concluding on us creating sod all and them, Motherwell, eight points behind us knocked out the cup off lower league pap and who the fans want their manager out comfortably winning.

We had good chances to score that weren't taken.

That wasn't down to Motherwell playing well or sitting back, it was bad finishing.

If it was Motherwell's game plan they'd have stopped us creating the chances.

The 90+2
23-01-2019, 10:04 PM

That wasn't down to Motherwell playing well or sitting back, it was bad finishing.

We had one clear cut creatively decent chance. Two all game. Against the team in 8th.

Their game plan worked. Our best chance fell to a fast player out of form and confidence who can’t even lift his head.

bingo70
23-01-2019, 10:04 PM

The only good chance I can think of was Horgans, was there other ones?

HibeeHibernian4
23-01-2019, 10:05 PM

A good portion of the game was spent by us knocking the ball around the back to then lump up towards Kamberi, who had very little support all night. Mallan was sitting deep AGAIN despite anyone who's ever watched a half of football knowing he needs to played further forward and stay there.

matty_f
23-01-2019, 10:05 PM
At the end, Kamberi should have scored, and Shaw could have got in the end of the ball that we put across goal iirc.

gaz1875
23-01-2019, 10:06 PM

Even the previous two season the 3 at the back never really worked. Every time he goes with the 3, I would think he must see it doesn't work for us, then we would go 4 at the back look solid, and next again week bang, back to 3 again :confused: Ryan Gauld was rghtside despte the fact he's predominantly left footed. But if we bypass the midfield he won't be able to do what he was brought to do.

Hibbyradge
23-01-2019, 10:11 PM

We were a lot better, Matty.

The way I saw it was that in the first half, Motherwell played a high energy pressing game knowing that we didn't really have an out ball because Stevenson and Boyle were missing.

Our midfield was over run and we also only had Kamberi up top so firing it long to him was always going to be meat and drink for the Well defenders.

Second half Motherwell tired a bit and gave our midfield a bit more room to play and we could and should have scored.

I'm not saying we deserved to win, but there was definite improvement.

I genuinely believe that if/when we bring in an experienced striker(s), hopefully another winger and we get Stevenson back, we'll make a better fist of the rest of the season.

stoneyburn hibs
23-01-2019, 10:12 PM
Hullo

Whilst I agree that some posts are the inevitable knee jerk, OTT nonsense, the majority seem to be airing valid concerns based on actual evidence.

IE - were in a poor league position and in terrible form. Nothing is really giving any confidence that things are going to improve.

Personally I don’t see why we shouldn’t ask questions about the manager

Lennons stats still hold up as one of our best managers. Questions regarding recent form, of course. Emptying him, ridiculous.

calumhibee1
23-01-2019, 10:13 PM
Lennons stats still hold up as one of our best managers. Questions regarding recent form, of course. Emptying him, ridiculous.

How many more games does the run have to go on for before it’s not ridiculous? If it’s until has overall stats become bad then we’ll be in the ****. Cause I’ve no doubt if we hold on long enough his overall record will become crap eventually.

The Modfather
23-01-2019, 10:13 PM

We'll be top 6.

The injury list has played a major part in the woeful season so far, but it’s not the only reason. We have made bizzare and unforced tactical and personal changes all season that haven’t been because of the injury list.

Not saying you specifically, but while it’s a big factor the injury list appears to being used as a comfort blanket at times for how bad we have been most of the season.

allmodcons
23-01-2019, 10:15 PM
If there’s something positive to say I’ll say it. Like when we signed Scott Allan and I was positive about it. Or the second half of last season. If there’s nothing positive to say, like there hasn’t been for the majority of the season (hence our indefensible league position) then I’ll say that aswell. I’ll call it as I see it.

If you think that keeping a guy at the helm who has us on a run that is every bit as bad if not worse than anything Butcher, Fenlon, Calderwood etc had us on is the answer then I’m glad you’re not making the decisions either.

Are you seriously suggesting that our season so far is worse than where Butcher took us?

Are you seriously suggesting that Lennon's managerial career has been/is worse than Butchers, Fenlons or Calderwoods?

Are you seriously suggesting our club isn't in a better condition now than the the mess it was in when Butcher left?

You need to learn to take the rough with the smooth.

Hibbyradge
23-01-2019, 10:17 PM
The injury list has played a major part in the woeful season so far, but it’s not the only reason. We have made bizzare and unforced tactical and personal changes all season that haven’t been because of the injury list.

Not saying you specifically, but while it’s a big factor the injury list appears to being used as a comfort blanket at times for how bad we have been most of the season.

You might be right, but we don't know the reasons for the team selections. They could have been tactical, but they could also have been forced because of the injury situation.

It wouldn't be the first time a manager benched an injured player so he didn't show his real hand to the opposition.

calumhibee1
23-01-2019, 10:18 PM
Are you seriously suggesting that our season so far is worse than where Butcher took us?

Are you seriously suggesting that Lennon's managerial career has been/is worse than Butchers, Fenlons or Calderwoods?

Are you seriously suggesting our club isn't in a better condition now than the the mess it was in when Butcher left?

“has us on a run that is every bit as bad if not worse than anything Butcher, Fenlon, Calderwood etc had us on” is what I said.

So the answer to the first question is no, I didn’t at any point suggest that. The extended run that we’re on is every bit as bad though.

The answer to the second question is no, I didn’t at any point suggest that. Although I couldn’t care less about how he or the others done elsewhere.

And the answer to the third question is no, I didn’t at any point suggest that. We’ve not just been relegated so of course the answer to that one is no.

CapitalGreen
23-01-2019, 10:19 PM
You might be right, but we don't know the reasons for the team selections. They could have been tactical, but they could also have been forced because of the injury situation.

It wouldn't be the first time a manager benched an injured player so he didn't show his real hand to the opposition.

Thank god Lennon didn’t show Motherwell his real hand, that might have got one over on us.

stoneyburn hibs
23-01-2019, 10:21 PM
How many more games does the run have to go on for before it’s not ridiculous? If it’s until has overall stats become bad then we’ll be in the ****. Cause I’ve no doubt if we hold on long enough his overall record will become crap eventually.

I genuinely don't know how to reply to this, wow.

Hi Heid Yin
A deeply disappointing result, but I'm sticking by my guns that Neil Lennon has this January transfer window to get in the quality and drive that we so desperately need.
The window is still open.

On another note: how desperately "unlucky" we have been this season with injuries. I really can't remember the last time we suffered such a prolonged period of injuries to key players.
Losing Porteous (again) is a major blow.
Continuity of team selection has been nigh impossible this "cursed" season.

Robbo6-2
We are the only team that signs a player and is worse than what we all ready have.

Lennon, Dempster and the recruitment team have let us down big time

matty_f
23-01-2019, 10:22 PM
We are the only team that signs a player and is worse than what we all ready have.

Eh?

oldbutdim
23-01-2019, 10:25 PM

INTERPRETER!!
:confused:

calumhibee1
23-01-2019, 10:25 PM
I genuinely don't know how to reply to this, wow.

You don’t know how many games this run would have to go on for before you no longer think it would be ridiculous to sack him?

neil7908
23-01-2019, 10:26 PM
I don't have much confidence in him but it's not the right time to sack the manger unless we have someone really top notch lined up.

Let's see how he does over the next few games and make a call then.

There is no way we'll get someone in this window and then give them a chance to sign their own players so give Lennon one final shot to the bring in a couple of forward players and see how we can do in February. If we aren't picking up by March then probably time for him to go.

AgentDaleCooper
I don't expect anyone on here to agree but i hope he's here next season. This season is a rebuild, i have faith in him to come good again.

Itsnoteasy

Seriously

allmodcons
23-01-2019, 10:27 PM
“has us on a run that is every bit as bad if not worse than anything Butcher, Fenlon, Calderwood etc had us on” is what I said.

So the answer to the first question is no, I didn’t at any point suggest that. The extended run that we’re on is every bit as bad though.

The answer to the second question is no, I didn’t at any point suggest that. Although I couldn’t care less about how he or the others done elsewhere.

And the answer to the third question is no, I didn’t at any point suggest that. We’ve not just been relegated so of course the answer to that one is no.

So learn to take the rough with the smooth.

You're (over)reacting to a poor run of form when, if you take a bit of time to think about it, you'll see that NL's managerial record is good and the club (your club) are in a decent place right now.

Iain G
23-01-2019, 10:28 PM
A deeply disappointing result, but I'm sticking by my guns that Neil Lennon has this January transfer window to get in the quality and drive that we so desperately need.

On another note: how desperately "unlucky" we have been this season with injuries. I really can't remember the last time we suffered such a prolonged period of injuries to key players.

Remember the bit where we want two players for every position so that an injury shouldn't impact hugely and the other player can slip in easily? There has been a lot of injuries but the continual changing of formations and playing players out of position when there are players available who naturally play there is just odd...why was Hanlon at left back tonight?

Try to move as few players as possible out of their natural position!

Borderhibbie76
23-01-2019, 10:28 PM
That's right.

7 points behind, 33 points to play for.Your forgetting we've one 2 of our last 14...that's gonna need some miraculous turnaround

stoneyburn hibs
23-01-2019, 10:29 PM

Brutal injuries this season, hopefully the 2nd half of the season is kinder. The Porteous knee injury does worry me.

The Harp Awakes
23-01-2019, 10:29 PM

Agreed. Recruitment was poor in the Summer, the results have also been poor but the biggest factor is that injuries have totally killed us this season. Agyepong, Hanlon, Gray, Marciano, McGregor, Kamberi, Bartley, Stevenson, McLaren and Boyle have all been out for prolonged periods. If Porteous is also out now for a while that is a massive set back.

NL must do better, his team selection at times has looked suspect but his hands have been tied due to injuries. He has a decent record with Hibs to date, and calling for him to go is just crazy and if he left now it could send us into freefall.

neil7908
23-01-2019, 10:30 PM
I don't expect anyone on here to agree but i hope he's here next season. This season is a rebuild, i have faith in him to come good again.

I'm quite surprised by that, can I ask why?

Lennon seems to get a lot more leeway from some on here and I'm struggling to understand why at times.

Hi Heid Yin
23-01-2019, 10:31 PM

Neil Lennon appears to be re-building a side for each and every game. The injuries and "chopping and changing" have severely impacted any momentum we might have gained.
It's been frustrating to say the least.

calumhibee1
23-01-2019, 10:31 PM
So learn to take the rough with the smooth.

You're (over)reacting to a poor run of form when, if you take a bit of time to think about it, you'll see that NL's managerial record is good and the club (your club) are in an decent place right now.

I’d agree with taking the rough with the smooth if this was a 3 or 4 game run but it’s not. It’s 14 games. That’s more than just a bad run, it’s been a sackable run for many managers in our past who had a lot less to work with.

His record last season was great, but now that he’s had to build his own team he’s failed spectacularly.

neil7908
23-01-2019, 10:32 PM
Agreed. Recruitment was poor in the Summer, the results have also been poor but the biggest factor is that injuries have totally killed us this season. Agyepong, Hanlon, Gray, Marciano, McGregor, Kamberi, Bartley, Stevenson, McLaren and Boyle have all been out for prolonged periods. If Porteous is also out now for a while that is a massive set back.

NL must do better, his team selection at times has looked suspect but his hands have been tied due to injuries. He has a decent record with Hibs to date, and calling for him to go is just crazy and if he left now it could send us into freefall.

Is 2 wins in 14 not already freefall? We were 2nd I think just before this terrible run started and now we're 8th. If that isn't freefall I'm not sure what is.

allmodcons
23-01-2019, 10:32 PM
I'm quite surprised by that, can I ask why?

Lennon seems to get a lot more leeway from some on here and I'm struggling to understand why at times.

Because his overall managerial record since he came to the club is good.

MWHIBBIES
23-01-2019, 10:33 PM
We did dominate the 2nd half, a Motherwell fan I spoke to after agreed. Said Slivka and Mackie changed the game for us.

Damage was already done though.

stoneyburn hibs
23-01-2019, 10:33 PM
You don’t know how many games this run would have to go on for before you no longer think it would be ridiculous to sack him?

No because the worst we'll be is mid table. Would you want a new manager if we finished bottom six?

Iain G
23-01-2019, 10:34 PM
We did dominate the 2nd half, a Motherwell fan I spoke to after agreed. Said Slivka and Mackie changed the game for us.

Both should have started if they were fit.

allmodcons
23-01-2019, 10:35 PM
I’d agree with taking the rough with the smooth if this was a 3 or 4 game run but it’s not. It’s 14 games. That’s more than just a bad run, it’s been a sackable run for many managers in our past who had a lot less to work with.

His record last season was great, but now that he’s had to build his own team he’s failed spectacularly.

Precisely the reason we got into the mess we were in the season we got relegated. Constant managerial change has cost us dear in the past.

neil7908
23-01-2019, 10:36 PM
Because his overall managerial record since he came to the club is good.

I'd agree and FWIW I'm not calling for the him to go now but he should definitely be feeling the pressure at the moment.

We can't praise him as a born winner etc on one hand and then shrug our shoulders when we're sitting 8th in the league.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, it feels like Mourinho more and more everyday.

B.H.F.C
23-01-2019, 10:37 PM
Neil Lennon appears to be re-building a side for each and every game. The injuries and "chopping and changing" have severely impacted any momentum we might have gained.
It's been frustrating to say the least.

He didn’t need to rebuild the team tonight. He didn’t need to chop and change. He chose to play a centre half at left back and shift Gauld out to the right wing.

Those were his decisions. Bad decisions.

stoneyburn hibs
23-01-2019, 10:37 PM

Thanks, good post. Fingers crossed mate.

Zazu62
23-01-2019, 10:38 PM
Why did Hanlon start at LB?

calumhibee1
No because the worst we'll be is mid table. Would you want a new manager if we finished bottom six?

Where does mid table end? Is 9th still mid table? Because that’s not out of the question. If we finish bottom six at the end of the season then he should be gone if he’s still here.

Borderhibbie76
I don't expect anyone on here to agree but i hope he's here next season. This season is a rebuild, i have faith in him to come good again.No thanks...his rebuild this season has been nothing short of woeful. Spent Nov and Dec slagging off our strikers yet here we are 23 days after the window has he signed a striker...has he %%^^. He gets till the end of season for me unless we hit relegation issues but if as I now expect we finish bottom 6 that's a fail and he needs to go

calumhibee1
23-01-2019, 10:39 PM
Precisely the reason we got into the mess we were in the season we got relegated. Constant managerial change has cost us dear in the past.

Or we got relegated because we didn’t get rid of a manager who couldn’t get us performing..

We didn’t get relegated because we sacked poor managers. We got relegated because we kept appointing poor ones.

allmodcons
I'd agree and FWIW I'm not calling for the him to go now but he should definitely be feeling the pressure at the moment.

We can't praise him as a born winner etc on one hand and then shrug our shoulders when we're sitting 8th in the league.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, it feels like Mourinho more and more everyday.

I'm sure he is and certain he'll be hurting too.

Iain G

There is no sensible reasoning for it! Why didn't he put out a back four of Gray Porteous Hanlon Mackie?

MWHIBBIES
23-01-2019, 10:40 PM
Both should have started if they were fit.

Without doubt. Neither are perfect but Slivka especially made a difference. Drive, positivity, head up, looking for the ball always. A talented and still young player. Should be playing every week.

Mackie good when he came on. Should start until Lewis back fit.

Borderhibbie76
23-01-2019, 10:41 PM

Damage was already done though.Slivka and Mackie who have both been 2 of our better players but both fell victim to that latest round of the Lennon Lotto that is team selection pre match these days

Hi Heid Yin
23-01-2019, 10:41 PM
Remember the bit where we want two players for every position so that an injury shouldn't impact hugely and the other player can slip in easily? There has been a lot of injuries but the continual changing of formations and playing players out of position when there are players available who naturally play there is just odd...why was Hanlon at left back tonight?

Try to move as few players as possible out of their natural position!

I said this in another thread.
I love Neil Lennon, but I too have been perplexed by seeing players playing in areas of the park they just should not be playing in.

allmodcons
23-01-2019, 10:43 PM
Or we got relegated because we didn’t get rid of a manager who couldn’t get us performing..

We didn’t get relegated because we sacked poor managers. We got relegated because we kept appointing poor ones.

Bollocks, we sacked Fenlon and replaced him with Butcher and instead of 'saving' us, in 6 or 7 short months, he destroyed us.

Hibbyradge
23-01-2019, 10:44 PM

Calum, do you think people who have a different viewpoint to yours will eventually agree with you if you repeat your thoughts often enough?

Iain G
23-01-2019, 10:44 PM
Bollocks, we sacked Fenlon and replaced him with Butcher and instead of 'saving' us, in 6 or 7 short months, he destroyed us.

I thought Fenlon put his hand up to say he had done what he could?

The Modfather
23-01-2019, 10:46 PM

We’ve signed lots of poor players in the past too that ultimately ended up playing a major part in us getting relegated. Should we not sign new players either? Managers should be judged on merit, not because of what has happened in the past.

I’ve lost faith that Lennon knows how to build a new squad, how best to utilise the players availavle to him (a lot of his baffling changes that don’t work are self inflicted and through choice, playing players out of position while others in their natural position sit on the bench). I also can’t see what Lennon is building or trying to build, what is our style and how does Lennon want us to play post McGinn? I don’t have faith in his signings and would probably just write this season off, save most of our money this window and get someone else in to begin building for next season now.

stoneyburn hibs
23-01-2019, 10:47 PM
Where does mid table end? Is 9th still mid table? Because that’s not out of the question. If we finish bottom six at the end of the season then he should be gone if he’s still here.

Stretch it to 10th if you want. I find it incredibly naive that you'd want a new manager after that. Your entitled to your opinion though.

calumhibee1

Exactly.. so we got relegated because we appointed a poor manager. You said we got relegated because we kept sacking managers. We didn’t. If we appointed a good one we’d have stayed up. So it’s not the sacking managers that relegated us, it’s the consecutive poor appointments.

Hibeesmad

Fans pushed him out the door tbh, after losing that derby enough was enough. Lot of people were very happy with the appointment of Butcher, unfortunately it didn’t go the way we wanted.

calumhibee1
23-01-2019, 10:48 PM
Calum, do you think people who have a different viewpoint to yours will eventually agree with you if you repeat your thoughts often enough?

Same could be asked of you with the baseless optimism couldn’t it?

jeffers
23-01-2019, 10:49 PM

He did, he resigned when he felt he'd lost the dressing room.

Musselbound
23-01-2019, 10:50 PM
I like Lennon and think he has been great for Hibs.

However I think we can all agree the myth about him being the ultimate winner who would not let this or that happen is over. He is human and he is struggling and at this moment in time does not appear to have the answer. I think it can still change however it will almost certainly be too late to turn this league season around.

I think we are nearly at the point of writing the league season off and can concentrate on the cup.

Totally agree. I'm not saying we should be looking for a new manager right now but I think Lennon often talks a better game than he delivers. I also feel his constant chopping and changing of formations etc does not help matters. I think he has been fairly well backed in transfer market.

allmodcons
23-01-2019, 10:51 PM
We’ve signed lots of poor players in the past too that ultimately ended up playing a major part in us getting relegated. Should we not sign new players either? Managers should be judged on merit, not because of what has happened in the past.

I’ve lost faith that Lennon knows how to build a new squad, how best to utilise the players availavle to him (a lot of his baffling changes that don’t work are self inflicted and through choice, playing players out of position while others in that natural position sit in the bench). I also can’t see what Lennon is building or trying to build, what is our style and how does Lennon want us to play post McGinn? I don’t have faith in his signings and would probably just write this season off, save most of our money this window and get someone else in to begin building for next season now.

Managers should be judged on their record at the club not the last 14 games.

oldbutdim
23-01-2019, 10:51 PM

We didn't.

He did.

He did, he resigned when he felt he'd lost the dressing room.

Correct.

I've no idea why this keeps getting re-written.

allmodcons
23-01-2019, 10:54 PM
Exactly.. so we got relegated because we appointed a poor manager. You said we got relegated because we kept sacking managers. We didn’t. If we appointed a good one we’d have stayed up. So it’s not the sacking managers that relegated us, it’s the consecutive poor appointments.

I'm out, doubt I have ever seen so much crap posted in a couple of lines.

Sleep tight.

calumhibee1
23-01-2019, 10:56 PM
I'm out, doubt I have ever seen so much crap posted in a couple of lines.

Sleep tight.

The feeling is most definitely mutual. I can’t quite believe you don’t see that had we appointed a good manager we’d have stayed up but on you go.

hibIBZ
23-01-2019, 10:56 PM
I've stood up for Lennon on several occasions and argued about the run of sacking managers being the reason for the club's downfall and relegation, but tonight was woeful. Something needs to change. The team look lost out there with no drive or spark. On paper recruitment has been good but it has not worked out at all. How mallan survives week in week out of beyond me and tonight Horgans performance was amateur

The Harp Awakes
23-01-2019, 10:57 PM
Is 2 wins in 14 not already freefall? We were 2nd I think just before this terrible run started and now we're 8th. If that isn't freefall I'm not sure what is.

In our last 14 competitive games we have W3 D6 L5. Poor certainly, but not in freefall. Freefall is what we experienced under Butcher. Lennon needs to be given the chance to rebuild after the loss of 3 exceptional midfield players (1 which we have got back) and a crippling injury list.

The Modfather
23-01-2019, 10:58 PM
Managers should be judged on their record at the club not the last 14 games.

That’s true to a point. After 22 games we’re 8th with no signs anything is going to be any different in the next 16 games. The fact we finished 4th last season is no real comfort to how rudderless we are at the moment IMO.

Tornadoes70
23-01-2019, 10:58 PM

A reasonable question that Lenny should be pressed to answer as its both baffling and appears irrational to a lot of us as there were other players available who're much more accustomed to playing there. Its time for Lenny to open up to the supporters on team selections and tactics as most of us are left scratching our heads at some of them before the game and invariably they don't prevail and have to be changed midway through the game.

I'm not calling for Lenny to go as its far too soon to be calling for knee jerk reactions, however, he should explain to the supporters his key decisions on experimenting with team strategy and implementation when supporters can see problems with it even prior to kick off.

Instead of calling for Lenny to go as some are we should be calling for him to explain the type of reasonable question posed above - Just why did you pick Hanlon to play LB out of position and when there were others much more suited to it available, among others?

Disappointed tonight but we'll be bounce back, hopefully.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

allmodcons
23-01-2019, 11:00 PM
[QUOTE=oldbutdim;5674343]We didn't.

OK, he left after a fans protest following defeat by Hearts, that's even worse than a sacking because we can't blame the board for his departure.

23-01-2019, 11:04 PM
We are chopping and changing the team too regularly and its costing us. He doesn't know his best 11. Granted we have been hit quite bad with injuries and the Australian trio going away on International duty but even still.

I like Lennon and im not on the "sack Lennon" bus yet but things are not good enough

jeffers
23-01-2019, 11:04 PM
[QUOTE=oldbutdim;5674343]We didn't.

OK, he left after a fans protest following defeat by Hearts, that's even worse than a sacking because we can't blame the board for his departure.

Once again that's not true, he left when he felt he'd lost the dressing room. He actually tried to resign before that and was talked out of it by RP.

Hermit Crab
23-01-2019, 11:06 PM

Nah he never like.

oldbutdim
23-01-2019, 11:16 PM
[QUOTE=allmodcons;5674361]

Once again that's not true, he left when he felt he'd lost the dressing room. He actually tried to resign before that and was talked out of it by RP.

Correct.

:thumbsup:

Musselbound
23-01-2019, 11:17 PM

They might have had decent games. I don't know. I quite like both players but they didn't change the game as we didn't score.

The 90+2
23-01-2019, 11:30 PM

Don’t expect a reply 👍

The 90+2
23-01-2019, 11:31 PM
[QUOTE=allmodcons;5674361]

Let’s hope the conversation happens again then at Mr Petries favourite time of year towards and after the window.

Iain G
23-01-2019, 11:35 PM
He needs to pick a formation and way of playing that best suits the players he has at his disposal and not chop and change and play players out of their natural positions.

If he wanted to play McGregor, Porteous and Hanlon go to a back three! Or if he wants to play four at the back play an actual left back in their natural position and not try to squeeze Hanlon in there! And play gauld where he is best suited to play!

Why is he making it so difficult?

Tornadoes70
23-01-2019, 11:36 PM
We're feeling bad but surely the yams result was worse than ours. They just scraped by against Livi in the cup and beaten at home by a consistently very poor Dundee side. Small mercies and all that. Surely Levein's coat must be on a shoogly peg.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

Hibernian32
23-01-2019, 11:39 PM
The question is who can be bring in and out there right now the answer is no one id stick with Lennon

Nakedmanoncrack
23-01-2019, 11:40 PM
He won't be sacked now, it won't happen as Hibs are always ultra cautious.
Unless things improve spectacularly, which I obviously hope they will (but fast running out of belief) - I'll be happy to see him depart in the summer, I think that's the most likely outcome.

Iain G
23-01-2019, 11:41 PM
The question is who can be bring in and out there right now the answer is no one id stick with Lennon

He needs to bring in a centre back if Porteous in out for a while, a winger and at least one forward before the end of the window who are good enough and ready to push for a first team slot straight away though

Zazu62
23-01-2019, 11:57 PM
We're feeling bad but surely the yams result was worse than ours. They just scraped by against Livi in the cup and beaten at home by a consistently very poor Dundee side. Small mercies and all that. Surely Levein's coat must be on a shoogly peg.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

Take Naismith out of that team and they are brutal

southern hibby
24-01-2019, 12:04 AM
For me if and it’s a big if we are considering getting rid of NL, then we should seriously consider it now. My reason would be whoever we bring in has the rest of the season to actually asses the team and decide which players he wants to keep and who he wants to part with.

Bringing in a manager during the transfer window will be ( for me at least ) a hard job for them to decide then who to keep/ let go. I do know one thing though it will cost us if we decide to release NL for his contract and on the other side of the coin if results don’t improve are we going to have a dramatic drop in season ticket sales?

GGTTH

Michael
24-01-2019, 12:27 AM
Still think he should get 2019 to sort things out.

HibeeHibernian4
24-01-2019, 12:28 AM

Mon the Cabbage!!!

Would still bite your hand off if you offered swapping their points total and position in the league with ours.

Musselbound
24-01-2019, 12:47 AM
Why are we comparing poor Hearts results with our position? Clutching at straws. We are currently 8th, well behind likes of Kilmarnock and St Johnstone and no sign of catching up any time soon or likely at all. Pretty poor show to be frank.

wookie70
24-01-2019, 12:54 AM
I've never had a great deal of faith in Lennon and if he is rebuilding we must be in the demolition stage at present. Saying that this season's league campaign is a write off and relagation is highly unlikely so we may as well give him until the end of the season.
He fluked a winning formula last year when SDG got injured and Boyle played wingback. He might just fluke it again. Judging by the contact tactical and personnel changes he might stumble across a winning formula or even come up with a match plan the players understand. If the intention is good all then ask Potter for details of giant centre forwards.

SirDavidsNapper
24-01-2019, 06:37 AM

Mon the Cabbage!!!

Hearts are off the back of 3 straight wins. We're off the back of 3 wins in 14 (now 15) and a home derby defeat

we are hibs
24-01-2019, 06:48 AM
Without doubt. Neither are perfect but Slivka especially made a difference. Drive, positivity, head up, looking for the ball always. A talented and still young player. Should be playing every week.

Mackie good when he came on. Should start until Lewis back fit.

You're incredibly deluded when it comes to slivka. He could score 4 own goals and you would still tell everyone how well he played. Not half as good a player as you make him out to be. Slow and ponderous last night. Refuses to shoot from the edge of the box ever since his goal against Celtic and seems to want to beat a man and score instead of just hitting it when he has space.

flash
24-01-2019, 06:54 AM

Doesn't sit well with their narrative. I have been the lone voice on here before too. I think you are being a tad over optimistic but I hope you are right. Not sure some other posters could say that.

we are hibs
24-01-2019, 07:02 AM
Doesn't sit well with their narrative. I have been the lone voice on here before too. I think you are being a tad over optimistic but I hope you are right. Not sure some other posters could say that.

The narrative of ignoring the blatantly obvious that's staring you in the face?

Greenworld
24-01-2019, 07:03 AM
Neil lennon and his selections are as eractic as each other.
Our play is becoming horrendous to watch and I'm not sure it's a happy place.
Now I don't know where the blame should be aimed is it upstairs leeanne has been very quite of late is petrie interfering once again?
Or is it simply NL cannot work in a club at our level of budget it's not exactly panic stations time however results and performances are poor enough to be asking serious questions of all at the club

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

flash
24-01-2019, 07:04 AM
The narrative of ignoring the blatantly obvious that's staring you in the face?

No the narrative that nobody at all should be positive.

MWHIBBIES
24-01-2019, 07:16 AM
You're incredibly deluded when it comes to slivka. He could score 4 own goals and you would still tell everyone how well he played. Not half as good a player as you make him out to be. Slow and ponderous last night. Refuses to shoot from the edge of the box ever since his goal against Celtic and seems to want to beat a man and score instead of just hitting it when he has space.

:faf:

You call me deluded then say Slivka is slow and ponderous? He is anything but, always looking forward, can go past players, knows what he is doing to do before getting it, always moving after passing.

He's been our best midfielder in the last 2 months and we were absolutely awful first half without him. He should've had a shot from the edge no doubt but calling him slow and ponderous based on that is laughable.

SirDavidsNapper
24-01-2019, 07:16 AM
When do Dempster and co step up and say 3 wins in 15 isn't good enough for this club and how we want to operate in the years to come? There shoud be serious pressure on any manager of this football club with that record.

If Lennon is allowed to carry on it sends out an awful message and we're back to being a soft touch of a club which I thought we'd stamped out with Dempster.

I don't care if it's Neil Lennon or Tam Smith from next door, it's not good enough for where we want to go as a club.

The 90+2
24-01-2019, 07:22 AM
When do Dempster and co step up and say 3 wins in 15 isn't good enough for this club and how we want to operate in the years to come? There shoud be serious pressure on any manager of this football club with that record.

If Lennon is allowed to carry on it sends out an awful message and we're back to being a soft touch of a club which I thought we'd stamped out with Dempster.

I don't care if it's Neil Lennon or Tam Smith from next door, it's not good enough for where we want to go as a club.

Tam Smith - very good player before injury 👍 pass on my regards please! Should have been an excellent full back.

pacoluna
24-01-2019, 07:22 AM
Yes because we deliberately hired a **** manager ofcourse.

calumhibee1
24-01-2019, 07:24 AM
Yes because we deliberately hired a **** manager ofcourse.

What on earth are you on about?

hfc rd
24-01-2019, 07:24 AM

Mon the Cabbage!!!

It’s all irrelevant when we ain’t any better!

3 wins out of our last 15 in all competitions is pathetic.

pacoluna
24-01-2019, 07:28 AM
Are players ever to blame, our beloved captain Hanlon, the true leither McG, injury prone porteous, kamberi who couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo atm or Mallan the mouse?

pacoluna
24-01-2019, 07:30 AM
What on earth are you on about?

You keep on trotting out this spiel that if we had hired a good manager we would have stayed up... Butcher was deemed a very good appointment at the time, if we had stuck with fenlon instead of listening to the usual inpatient Hibs fans ,we would stated up. This forum breeds negativety.

The 90+2
24-01-2019, 07:32 AM
You keep on trotting out this spiel that if we had hired a good manager we would have stayed up... Butcher was deemed a very good appointment at the time, it's pot luck.

We hit the jackpot then when we brought in a manager that turned around the club then went on to win the Scottish Cup whilst bringing in great players earning the club millions plus thousands back through the the turnstiles eh?

Butcher, we hire any manager that man-manages the players we had at the time we stay up. We have a top 5 squad at the moment with a clueless manager.

Borderhibbie76
24-01-2019, 07:33 AM
In our last 14 competitive games we have W3 D6 L5. Poor certainly, but not in freefall. Freefall is what we experienced under Butcher. Lennon needs to be given the chance to rebuild after the loss of 3 exceptional midfield players (1 which we have got back) and a crippling injury list.We've fell from 2nd top to a distant 8th in 3 months...some fans seem to be sleepwalking hence the comparisons with the Butcher era...where I kept seeing posted in here 1 more win and we are safe. Our season IS in freefall...we can't beat the likes of Motherwell St Mirren or Dundee FFS - it's not even close to good enough. If our manager was anyone other THAN Lennon he'd be getting hounded out by now. If we Lose on Sunday what then??

calumhibee1
24-01-2019, 07:33 AM
You keep on trotting out this spiel that if we had hired a good manager we would have stayed up... Butcher was deemed a very good appointment at the time, it's pot luck.

I never once said Hibs deliberately appointed a bad manager? He was a ***** appointment hence why we went down whether he was deemed a good appointment at the time or not.

I’m not blaming anyone at Hibs for it, I’m just pointing out that it was the appointment of Butcher rather than the sacking of Fenlon that got us relegated. The appointment of a better manager would have seen us nowhere near relegation.

The idea that sacking managers is what gets you relegated is nonsense. If you sack a manager and get a good one in you won’t get relegated.

The 90+2
24-01-2019, 07:34 AM
We've fell from 2nd top to a distant 8th in 3 months...some fans seem to be sleepwalking hence the comparisons with the Butcher era...where I kept seeing posted in here 1 more win and we are safe. Our season IS in freefall...we can't beat the likes of Motherwell St Mirren or Dundee FFS - it's not even close to good enough. If our manager was anyone other THAN Lennon he'd be getting hounded out by now. If we Lose on Sunday what then??

If anyone is talking about 1 more win and being safe while backing the manager it’s absolutely farcical.

pacoluna
24-01-2019, 07:35 AM
We hit the jackpot then when we brought in a manager that turned around the club then went on to win the Scottish Cup whilst bringing in great players earning the club millions plus thousands back through the the turnstiles eh?

Butcher, we hire any manager that man-manages the players we had at the time we stay up. We have a top 5 squad at the moment with a clueless manager.

Yes mate we know you have a chronic hard on over Stubbs,doesn't really bring anything to the debate though does it.

The 90+2
24-01-2019, 07:36 AM
I never once said Hibs deliberately appointed a bad manager? He was a ***** appointment hence why we went down whether he was deemed a good appointment at the time or not.

I’m not blaming anyone at Hibs for it, I’m just pointing out that it was the appointment of Butcher rather than the sacking of Fenlon that got us relegated. The appointment of a better manager would have seen us nowhere near relegation.

The idea that sacking managers is what gets you relegated is nonsense. If you sack a manager and get a good one in you won’t get relegated.

Exactly. It’s exactly the reason clubs sack managers - to save themselves or give a chance.

The 90+2
24-01-2019, 07:37 AM
Yes mate we know you have a chronic hard on over Stubbs,doesn't really bring anything to the debate though does it.

It takes away any ***** you spout when you lose all credibility by constantly slating our Scottish cup winning manager.

Second paragraph Paco....

Borderhibbie76
24-01-2019, 07:39 AM
He won't be sacked now, it won't happen as Hibs are always ultra cautious.
Unless things improve spectacularly, which I obviously hope they will (but fast running out of belief) - I'll be happy to see him depart in the summer, I think that's the most likely outcome.I've said this for a while...I actually believe he knows this too hence the change in his general demeanour in the last few months

Borderhibbie76
24-01-2019, 07:45 AM

The idea that sacking managers is what gets you relegated is nonsense. If you sack a manager and get a good one in you won’t get relegated.Your wasting your breath Calum some just won't hear anything against Lennon on here...honestly the man could take us down and some would still be defending him. I've completely.lost faith in him TBH...I like the guy but he appears clueless and unable of rebuilding a squad and an system that works. Yes his record before Oct with us was great - but mainly thanks to Stubbsys signings who he has failed miserably to replace

The 90+2
24-01-2019, 07:47 AM
I've said this for a while...I actually believe he knows this too hence the change in his general demeanour in the last few months

Aye, he’s picking up a wage doing some stuff for Irish Telly for the champions league instead of training the side (fact) and he doesn’t have the hunger for management any longer. He will be the snarling assistant and will be gutted he’s not had a bag of sweeties interview when Saint Martin was appointed Forest manager and have a Lennon equivalent (but much much better footballer) the assistant gig.

The 90+2
24-01-2019, 07:48 AM
Your wasting your breath Calum some just won't hear anything against Lennon on here...honestly the man could take us down and some would still be defending him. I've completely.lost faith in him TBH...I like the guy but he appears clueless and unable of rebuilding a squad and an system that works. Yes his record before Oct with us was great - but mainly thanks to Stubbsys signings who he has failed miserably to replace

I don’t like the guy based on my post. He doesn’t want to be here, wants sacked and ripping the arse out the club. Yet some are optimistic we will “still make top 6” like that’s a good thing.

calumhibee1
24-01-2019, 07:50 AM
I don’t like the guy based on my post. He doesn’t want to be here, wants sacked and ripping the arse out the club. Yet some are optimistic we will “still make top 6” like that’s a good thing.

To be fair top 6 would be superb this season from where we are imo. I’d be delighted.

Sorry state of affairs for that to be the case though.

we are hibs
24-01-2019, 07:52 AM
:faf:

You call me deluded then say Slivka is slow and ponderous? He is anything but, always looking forward, can go past players, knows what he is doing to do before getting it, always moving after passing.

He's been our best midfielder in the last 2 months and we were absolutely awful first half without him. He should've had a shot from the edge no doubt but calling him slow and ponderous based on that is laughable.

I was talking about last night. As I clearly said in my op. My main 2 recollections of him last night was being left for dead out wide and that miss. He takes an absolute age on the ball.

Brightside
24-01-2019, 07:55 AM
I was talking about last night. As I clearly said in my op. My main 2 recollections of him last night was being left for dead out wide and that miss. He takes an absolute age on the ball.

Slivka was our best player in the 2nd half. Him and Gauld the only players that do the basics of passing and moving.

Bleeds green
24-01-2019, 08:01 AM
I've never had a great deal of faith in Lennon and if he is rebuilding we must be in the demolition stage at present. Saying that this season's league campaign is a write off and relagation is highly unlikely so we may as well give him until the end of the season.
He fluked a winning formula last year when SDG got injured and Boyle played wingback. He might just fluke it again. Judging by the contact tactical and personnel changes he might stumble across a winning formula or even come up with a match plan the players understand. If the intention is good all then ask Potter for details of giant centre forwards. ‘he fluked it’ what a terrible statement. We as hibs fans should be careful what we wish for are we gona get rid of every single manager who has an average season? Then what rebuild and then sack the next manager who can’t live up to unrealistic fans expectations

calumhibee1
24-01-2019, 08:02 AM
‘he fluked it’ what a terrible statement. We as hibs fans should be careful what we wish for are we gona get rid of every single manager who has an average season? Then what rebuild and then sack the next manager who can’t live up to unrealistic fans expectations

You do realise we’ve not sacked a manager for 4 and a half years now? Which is quite a reasonable amount of time to have not done that in modern football terms. The way people are talking is as if we’ve sacked a manager a season recently.

Bleeds green
24-01-2019, 08:06 AM
You do realise we’ve not sacked a manager for 4 and a half years now? Which is quite a reasonable amount of time to have not done that in modern football terms. The way people are talking is as if we’ve sacked a manager a season recently.

Not once did I say we had sacked any managers previously. I’m stating that we had a great first season under Lennon getting promoted a fantastic second campaign as our first season back up and now we’re having his first average campaign folk want him sacked! It’s totally embarrassing imo and we should be careful what we wish for if were going to start sacking managers because they have there first blip in 3 years!!

we are hibs
24-01-2019, 08:06 AM
‘he fluked it’ what a terrible statement. We as hibs fans should be careful what we wish for are we gona get rid of every single manager who has an average season? Then what rebuild and then sack the next manager who can’t live up to unrealistic fans expectations

This isn't an average season. It's a below average season. 8th in the league with 2 wins in 14. That's not average.

The Leith Dutch
24-01-2019, 08:09 AM
Times up here though. It probably was the end of last season.

Was that the same end of last season that featured one of the best runs I've seen from a Hibs team from the end of the January window - a period in which we traditionally underperform in a major way?

That one?

Seriously not making the case to defend NL this season but let's not rewrite history to suit the current agenda.

Bleeds green
24-01-2019, 08:21 AM
This isn't an average season. It's a below average season. 8th in the league with 2 wins in 14. That's not average.

And the season is also not over, average, mediocre whatever u want to call it it’s our first bad spell over a period of time under Lennon and all of a sudden he’s a **** manager and should be sacked. Totally embarrassing fickle crap. Of course that’s only my opinion which I gather ur sometimes not allowed on this site

calumhibee1
24-01-2019, 08:24 AM
And the season is also not over, average, mediocre whatever u want to call it it’s our first bad spell over a period of time under Lennon and all of a sudden he’s a **** manager and should be sacked. Totally embarrassing fickle crap. Of course that’s only my opinion which I gather ur sometimes not allowed on this site

How long does it remain a spell though? 14 games is a big chunk of the season. When does it change from being just a spell to something we should consider taking action on?

Bleeds green
24-01-2019, 08:31 AM
How long does it remain a spell though? 14 games is a big chunk of the season. When does it change from being just a spell to something we should consider taking action on?

Honestly? I would hope for top 6 and a good cup run but if it doesn’t materialise we go again next season. Why on earth do we have to be a club that sacks a manager who has his first season below expectation in 3 years.

Hibbyradge
24-01-2019, 08:32 AM

No. It couldn't.

I'm not going round all the threads arguing with people who hold different views and repeating argument for days and weeks on end.

I posted that I think we'll finish top 6 tonight, for the first time, and I think the rest of my posts have been me defending that view.

I have my view. I may be right I may be wrong. I'm not trying to make you agree with it.

calumhibee1
24-01-2019, 08:33 AM
No. It couldn't.

Of course it couldn’t.

I’m not arguing with anyone, I’ve discussed what’s going on at our club. If you can point me towards an arguement I’m having I’d love to see it?

How come your posts about your view are you “defending” your view but mines regarding my view are me arguing? We’re both doing the exact same thing (along with plenty others) but with opposite views.