PDA

View Full Version : Results this year are crap, BUT.....

Spike Mandela
23-01-2019, 08:44 PM
Results are crap this year , But we ain’t getting hammered, we ain’t getting overrun by teams, we have lots of narrow defeats and draws despite plenty of effort.

It surely wouldn’t take much to turn it around. I’m scratching my head, what’s the answer.:confused:

Hibs90
23-01-2019, 08:45 PM
Results are crap this year , But we ain’t getting hammered, we ain’t getting overrun by teams, we have lots of narrow defeats and draws despite plenty of effort.

It surely wouldn’t take much to turn it around. I’m scratching my head, what’s the answer.:confused:

Proper team selection and tactics?

I.E Better management.

matty_f
23-01-2019, 08:46 PM
Somebody having a shot now and again night help, and at least having a stab at defending when teams run straight through us would be the other key improvement to make.

Weegreenman
23-01-2019, 08:47 PM

A couple of quality players would change things around. It’s now imperative that we bring SA in ASAP

cleanyman
He's signed a lot of ***** this season and it's killing him. Add into the mix that we have experienced players not performing either

Another no show from Mallan. The comedy run from him continues.

The 90+2
We didn’t get hammered that much under Butcher either did we?

Lennons chucked it for “ a winner” I’m positive he wants out and no danger he will turn it around.

R'Albin
23-01-2019, 08:48 PM
Proper team selection and tactics?

I.E Better management.

The main issue is the tactics which are bizarre and have been for months.

We also weren't getting pumped under Butcher generally speaking, but just like we are now we never looked like winning.

Edit - 90+2 beat me there.

HibbyKeith
Clear in the summer we were still short up front. We need a target man, not just a tall guy but a actual big unit up front that can rough up defenders and hold up the ball. We are asking Flo to so something hes not good at and it shows.

The 90+2
A couple of quality players would change things around. It’s now imperative that we bring SA in ASAP

Allan won’t change ***** like tonight. The defence is an utter shambles. What’s the plan? Play to Allan then pray to Allan?

HibeeHibernian4
23-01-2019, 08:49 PM

All of this could've been said about Butcher's Hibs. I'm not saying it's ending that way, but that's unarguable.

SChibs
23-01-2019, 08:50 PM

It was like that under butcher too iirc. We never really got hammered just 1 nil and 2-1 loses usually

Hibeesmad
23-01-2019, 08:50 PM
Injuries haven’t helped at all, it hasn’t allowed us to maintain a consistent team selection which can’t beat good.

Last season we pretty much had the starting line up every week for the second half the season

SChibs
23-01-2019, 08:51 PM
Clear in the summer we were still short up front. We need a target man, not just a tall guy but a actual big unit up front that can rough up defenders and hold up the ball. We are asking Flo to so something hes not good at and it shows.

Said it on another thread but Curtis Main at Well is a good target man for this league

MagicSwirlingShip
Our manager doesn’t know our best 11. If he could figure that out and play them consistently over a run of games it would help.

weecounty hibby

You, my friend, are about to be accused of being a happy clapper. I know that deep down you are a miserable ******* so there must be something in what you say. Unfortunately we are in a world of success at all costs and immediately or else it's a disaster. Folk seem to forget the injury situation we have had this season and are continuing to have. I do think some of the selections and set ups have been questionable but again could be due to injuries and lack of fitness for some players

CapitalGreen

Yes let’s give Lennon another summer transfer window, the last 3 have been roaring successes.

Hibeesmad
23-01-2019, 08:52 PM
Our manager doesn’t know our best 11. If he could figure that out and play them consistently over a run of games it would help.

I think he knows our best 11, he just hasn’t been able to play them all due to injuries etc

Weegreenman
23-01-2019, 08:53 PM
Somebody having a shot now and again night help, and at least having a stab at defending when teams run straight through us would be the other key improvement to make.

We seem to have had had the same defenders at the club for years. Hanlon, Stevenson, Gray and even Whittaker has even come back to haunt us. I think we need two new experienced central defenders. We are softvas ***** at the back and have been for years. We can’t rely on a young up and coming guy like Porteous like we are doing, it’s not fair on him.

Nicho87
23-01-2019, 08:54 PM
A settled formation and a settled 11.

what we currently get is different formations and different team most games.

SRHibs
23-01-2019, 08:54 PM
If we play like we did tonight, we might get lucky and win the odd game, but we will be nowhere near where we all want us to be. Our squad looks quality compared to two thirds of the league, so it's difficult to see why we're getting nothing out of them.

BullsCloseHibs
23-01-2019, 08:55 PM
He's signed a lot of ***** this season and it's killing him. Add into the mix that we have experienced players not performing either

Another no show from Mallan. The comedy run from him continues.

Agreed. This is a poor Hibs team, no matter how anyone tries to dress it up. McGregor and the likes just ain't good enough. Sorry.

mcfly
23-01-2019, 08:56 PM
Said it on another thread but Curtis Main at Well is a good target man for this league

Sorry signing players like Curtis main won’t sell season tickets.

Fans have turned up in huge numbers this season and Lennon is getting an easy time at the moment.

He should be under big pressure at the moment as the board must be concerned at the results

Not good enough.

Hibbyradge
23-01-2019, 08:56 PM

Injuries are killing us too.

Porteous going off injured again was a cruel blow and we missed Stevenson and Boyle's forward momentum.

Other than that, Omeonga made no impression and Flo was on his own.

If we bring in the right players in the next week, I think we'll start performing like we want to.

Hibbyradge
23-01-2019, 08:57 PM
I think he knows our best 11, he just hasn’t been able to play them all due to injuries etc

I agree.

matty_f
23-01-2019, 08:58 PM

That's a good shout as well.

Can't stand seeing a totally different line up every week. Good knows how the team are supposed to develop any kind of consistency when it's a new system, formation, or starting eleven game to game, sometimes even half to half

SChibs
23-01-2019, 08:58 PM
Sorry signing players like Curtis main won’t sell season tickets.

Fans have turned up in huge numbers this season and Lennon is getting an easy time at the moment.

He should be under big pressure at the moment as the board must be concerned at the results

Not good enough.

Stokes was a good 'signing for season tickets'. As was Maclaren and Kamberi in the summer but it's not really working out though. Sign decent proven players that improve the team and that will sell season tickets.

TelaStella
23-01-2019, 08:59 PM
As I’ve just mentioned in the match thread, we aren’t going to be in serious trouble this season, no way but we’re not getting Europe which for me should always be the minimum aim and it’s looking very unlikely we’ll get top 6. Hopefully May comes quick enough as big changes are going to have to be made in the summer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hibee_girl
23-01-2019, 09:00 PM

This is massive imo, iirc we've only started with the same 11 twice this season. Yes we've been outrageously unlucky with injuries but he does always throw in a random change no one sees coming!

mca
23-01-2019, 09:10 PM
As I’ve just mentioned in the match thread, we aren’t going to be in serious trouble this season, no way but we’re not getting Europe which for me should always be the minimum aim and it’s looking very unlikely we’ll get top 6. Hopefully May comes quick enough as big changes are going to have to be made in the summer

Feels like we have been poor since our last european adventure or at least since Lennon's last tantrum.. i'm not sure which

SChibs
23-01-2019, 09:11 PM
We're still closer to the top than the bottom, for now anyway

TelaStella
23-01-2019, 09:16 PM
Feels like we have been poor since our last european adventure or at least since Lennon's last tantrum.. i'm not sure which

If by his last tantrum you mean the tynie game then yeah I think you’re right. After losing McGinn I think we started of the season as good as we could have and I don’t think we could have asked for much else from our European run. Problem is since October we’ve been waiting and waiting for things to get better and it just hasn’t happened and after tonight I’m now convinced it never is, not until summer anyway

BoomtownHibees
23-01-2019, 09:17 PM
Injuries are killing us too.

Porteous going off injured again was a cruel blow and we missed Stevenson and Boyle's forward momentum.

Other than that, Omeonga made no impression and Flo was on his own.

If we bring in the right players in the next week, I think we'll start performing like we want to.

I agree injuries haven’t helped but some of the changes he makes on a weekly basis are terrible.

Tonight, for example:
Play a centre half at left back with 2 left backs sitting on the bench
Continually play Whittaker (90 mins again) with our best right back on the bench
Signing a “box to box” midfielder and playing him off the striker
Moving Gauld out to wide right when he was so effective playing centrally at the weekend
Moving Gauld back out wide during tonight’s game after he was much more effective going back in to the middle
Slivka coming on and doing well off the right but then moving him in to the middle to bring Shaw on

This above has nothing to do with our injury situation and neither is experienced “decent” players not being able to string 3 passes together or Kamberi not being able to stay onside.

leithsansiro
23-01-2019, 09:21 PM
Injuries haven’t helped at all, it hasn’t allowed us to maintain a consistent team selection which can’t beat good.

Last season we pretty much had the starting line up every week for the second half the season

Injuries haven't helped, but we can't blame our season on them. Tactics, personnel and gamelans have a lot more influence IMO

Hibbyradge
23-01-2019, 09:32 PM
Injuries haven't helped, but we can't blame our season on them. Tactics, personnel and gamelans have a lot more influence IMO

I think we can.

Last year we were one game from being in second place due to having a fit squad playing to Lennon's tactics.

This year we've had the equivalent of a full team out injured.