PDA

View Full Version : Shaw

partickthistle
23-01-2019, 02:24 PM
Hi Hibbees
Heard a couple of rumours that shaw maybe loaned to Partick Thistle for rest of season- just wondering if you guys had heard anything?
Would be a great loan if true exactly what we would need to try and get us out of our current predicament
All the best to Hibbees for rest of season

Franck Stanton
23-01-2019, 02:32 PM
Would presume we (Hibs) must have a striker coming in for this to happen as we are woefully short in this department as it is.

04Sauzee
23-01-2019, 02:33 PM
Hi Hibbees
Heard a couple of rumours that shaw maybe loaned to Partick Thistle for rest of season- just wondering if you guys had heard anything?
Would be a great loan if true exactly what we would need to try and get us out of our current predicament

Only heard the rumours from a few Thistle fans on another forum. Would be a good loan for Thistle but as we are short of forward ourselves nothing would happen until we get a couple of bodies in.

Danderhall Hibs
23-01-2019, 02:59 PM
I heard a rumour before Christmas that he was likely to be loaned out. It’ll depend on us getting strikers in though.

I thought a move to a top end Championship club or lower end Premiership team would be good for him and maybe us in the long term. Not sure if a relegation fight would benefit him though.

JimBHibees
23-01-2019, 03:00 PM
I heard a rumour before Christmas that he was likely to be loaned out. It’ll depend on us getting strikers in though.

I thought a move to a top end Championship club or lower end Premiership team would be good for him and maybe us in the long term. Not sure if a relegation fight would benefit him though.

Maybe more likely to get game time.

SquashedFrogg
23-01-2019, 03:04 PM

A lower end premiership team would also be a relegation fight? Agree about top end championship though. A Dundee Utd, or Ross County would be an interesting prospect for him. By all accounts Thistle are not creating many opportunities each week so might be a tough gig.

Assuming he goes out on loan that is.

Oscar T Grouch
23-01-2019, 03:08 PM
Oli just needs a run of games and he will score for Partick no bother. Good move for both sides, Oli gets the development he cant get here and PT get a goal scorer. We do need cover in before this happens though.

NorthNorfolkHFC
23-01-2019, 03:11 PM
I've not heard anything but would a loan to Ayr be outwith the realms of possibility?

As a possible sweetener for Shankland signing for us?

MWHIBBIES
23-01-2019, 03:14 PM
Really really disappointed if we do this. He is contributing well for the first team.

SirDavidsNapper
23-01-2019, 03:19 PM
Hi Hibbees

Would be an excellent move for the player and one needed in all honesty. We need to bring in one or two up front before hand first though.

J-C
23-01-2019, 03:33 PM
Hi Hibbees

I was told this prior to the winter break but heard nothing since, he needs to be playing regularly to aid his development and Partick would be a good move for him.

Hibernian Verse
23-01-2019, 03:35 PM

He already plays for the team in 8th. So that leaves Motherwell, Hamilton or Dundee?

JohnMcM
23-01-2019, 03:35 PM
I've not heard anything but would a loan to Ayr be outwith the realms of possibility?

As a possible sweetener for Shankland signing for us?

I seem to remember Shankland saying somewhere his dream would be to play for the The's.

partickthistle
23-01-2019, 03:39 PM
Thanks for the responses guys - while I can see why Dundee United would be interested- they have strikers who are scoring- might he get much game time? Our problem is none of our forwards including Doolan are scoring therefore they could all be dropped to have a better striker like shaw in

B.H.F.C
23-01-2019, 03:40 PM
Needs to play games and with Lennon making it clear he wants one, but ideally two, strikers in it’s hard to see him getting too much game time in the remainder of the season.

Done well in patches but not threatened to become a main player for us yet IMO.

SquashedFrogg
23-01-2019, 03:50 PM
Thanks for the responses guys - while I can see why Dundee United would be interested- they have strikers who are scoring- might he get much game time? Our problem is none of our forwards including Doolan are scoring therefore they could all be dropped to have a better striker like shaw in

A friend of mine is a STH at Firhill. Suggesting your issue is more the supply to your strikers, rather than strikers themselves.

franck sauzee
23-01-2019, 03:52 PM
Really really disappointed if we do this. He is contributing well for the first team.

I'm with you. I would find it pretty baffling we would send him out on loan, can't really see us getting 2 strikers in and if the MacLaren rumours are true would maybe even need to be 3

Carheenlea
23-01-2019, 03:54 PM
Unless we have two strikers incoming I'd be surprised if Shaw was to be loaned out.

Danderhall Hibs
23-01-2019, 04:12 PM
He already plays for the team in 8th. So that leaves Motherwell, Hamilton or Dundee?

Technicality mate. I’d include any “bottom 6” side - I’m including Livi as part of that as well and maybe eve St Johnstone...

staunchhibby
23-01-2019, 04:15 PM
Hear laid law has gone on loan

CMurdoch
23-01-2019, 04:17 PM
Can't see this as i can't see us being able to bring in 2 quality strikers.
Cummings is a good bet to come in but that would still leave us with the minimum 4 first team strikers.

calumhibee1
23-01-2019, 04:48 PM
Hear laid law has gone on loan

Where you hearing that mate?

Smartie
23-01-2019, 04:55 PM
Oli has occasionally been auto-corrected to Oil on some devices in the past. Just giving you some advance warning if you want to steal a march on the Jaggy punsters.

Re Shaw's ability - I think he needs to be playing regular football and I think it would be good for him to go on loan. He's a better all-round player than I was expecting but he's not as good a finisher as I'd thought he'd be. A run in a team, playing regularly in team that creates plenty of chances should sort that as he's done very well at development level.

If you're struggling for creativity and plan on leaving him up the park on his own, chasing after the occasional hoof whilst grappling with some streetwise defenders then I think he'd struggle.

H18S NX
23-01-2019, 04:55 PM
Dundee utd

SirDavidsNapper
23-01-2019, 05:21 PM
Oli has occasionally been auto-corrected to Oil on some devices in the past. Just giving you some advance warning if you want to steal a march on the Jaggy punsters.

Re Shaw's ability - I think he needs to be playing regular football and I think it would be good for him to go on loan. He's a better all-round player than I was expecting but he's not as good a finisher as I'd thought he'd be. A run in a team, playing regularly in team that creates plenty of chances should sort that as he's done very well at development level.

If you're struggling for creativity and plan on leaving him up the park on his own, chasing after the occasional hoof whilst grappling with some streetwise defenders then I think he'd struggle.

Oil is going to Patrick Thistle? 😉

HoboHarry
23-01-2019, 05:23 PM
It's on the official site...

makaveli1875
23-01-2019, 05:26 PM
Oil is going to Patrick Thistle? 😉

His game is a bit crude , needs to go away and refine it then come back looking slick

SirDavidsNapper
23-01-2019, 05:28 PM
His game is a bit crude , needs to go away and refine it then come back looking slick

Reported

04Sauzee
23-01-2019, 05:34 PM

Hibs have confirmed this

MWHIBBIES
27-01-2019, 02:43 PM

Fair to say Oli will be going nowhere

MrRobot
27-01-2019, 07:20 PM
Hopefully going nowhere after today, great performance.

500miles
28-01-2019, 06:17 PM
Worth noting that according to transfermarkt, he's got as many goals and assists as Kamberi in half the minutes.

28-01-2019, 06:25 PM
Worth noting that according to transfermarkt, he's got as many goals and assists as Kamberi in half the minutes.

Mallan, Shaw and Kamberi all on 5 league goals.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/scottish-premiership/top-scorers

Billy Whizz
28-01-2019, 06:29 PM
Mallan, Shaw and Kamberi all on 5 league goals.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/scottish-premiership/top-scorers

Oli has best record per minutes on the park

28-01-2019, 06:34 PM
Oli has best record per minutes on the park

Yes, averaging a goal every 2 games which is decent.

Ronniekirk
28-01-2019, 06:40 PM
Oil is going to Patrick Thistle? [emoji6]

I was told by Thistle Fans a few weeks ago thatLennon had been in a pub in Glasgow and was telling Thistle fans Ollie plus o e other player were going to them on Loan
Maybe just a rumour then but I trust the person that told me
Maybe it was something Lennon wanted to do if he was allowed to bring in two strikers , but can’t see it now and he showed what be can do on Sunday
Thistle may well be on the up now Caldwell is bringing in his own players so if he was getting regular game time and we have some other proven scorer lined up to come in then maybe worth it
But with only a few days left of window we need to be careful in what we do Ollie could easily end up in double figures by the end of the Season which for a young striker is reasonable return

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk