PDA

View Full Version : Hibernian TV technical questions

Radge70
23-01-2019, 02:14 PM
I switched to an iPhone / Apple TV set up for the Elgin game, having previously just watched Hibs TV on my laptop. Does anyone know if there is a “backup player” option on the iPhone? With the Elgin game there were technical difficulties at Hibs TV end so I wasn’t able to use this trick (although I ended up switching to my laptop and managed to get the game on the back up player).
Also, the iPhone didn’t seem to have an option to set the stream quality like what you get with the laptop. Is this correct or am I just doing it wrong?
I’d like to start using my iPhone for the live games as it’s far more convenient. Would be good to know if the options I have asked about are available though....

Centre Hawf
23-01-2019, 06:09 PM
I switched to an iPhone / Apple TV set up for the Elgin game, having previously just watched Hibs TV on my laptop. Does anyone know if there is a “backup player” option on the iPhone? With the Elgin game there were technical difficulties at Hibs TV end so I wasn’t able to use this trick (although I ended up switching to my laptop and managed to get the game on the back up player).
Also, the iPhone didn’t seem to have an option to set the stream quality like what you get with the laptop. Is this correct or am I just doing it wrong?
I’d like to start using my iPhone for the live games as it’s far more convenient. Would be good to know if the options I have asked about are available though....

I don’t believe so. However the quality on the iphone is decent so wouldn’t worry as long as your internet is okay. Backup player is the only part you may miss if there is a technical issue.

GGTTH07
23-01-2019, 07:47 PM
Not working again for me...

HibeesLA
23-01-2019, 07:54 PM
Not working again for me...

Couldn't get it to work on Firefox, but working ok on Internet Explorer. On Firefox, I can see the comments on the wall, but get no box to enter comments. On IE, I get the box to enter, but the wall doesn't work. Fine as I make the game full screen anyway.

Did notice that there are a lot of video issues on the feed for me. Don't believe that to be browser related, looks like video source issues.

euro Hibby
23-01-2019, 08:57 PM
tv pics down..??

RoYO!
23-01-2019, 08:57 PM
Yep. Just getting an image of the two badges.

silverhibee
23-01-2019, 09:20 PM
Only volume now.

SouthMoroccoStu
23-01-2019, 09:43 PM
Terrible feed for the later part of the second half

Not that we missed much

But I think it’s fair to blame Motherwell tv for the technical difficulties

cabbageandribs1875
23-01-2019, 10:07 PM
Terrible feed for the later part of the second half

Not that we missed much

But I think it’s fair to blame Motherwell tv for the technical difficulties

oddly enough it even affected just the audio on HibsTV, constantly repeating every few words

Radge70
23-01-2019, 11:30 PM
Yeah, going back to my OP, it was the same tonight for me with the iphone (as with the Elgin game) - audio only with no back up player option. I switched to chrome on the laptop and, again, I only got video on backup player (decent quality throughout, although it did deteriorate a bit in the second half). As someone pointed out probably more to do with the Motherwell feed as Hibs TV is pretty stable these days (except on the iphone in my case it would seem!)

Bangkok Hibby
24-01-2019, 06:56 AM
Said it before but for me this season Hibs tv has been less than perfect. People can blame internet speeds, other teams feeds, wrong browsers but the fact remains for a lot of us its no been great.

PeeJay
24-01-2019, 07:06 AM
Don't really understand why it is so difficult in this age to get a decent and inunterrupted feed up at every ground in Scotland. The Hibs TV service has improved massively over the years, but recently i seems to be tslipping back down the slope - this includes games at ER, which really should not be the case anymore ...

calumhibee1
24-01-2019, 07:07 AM
Don't really understand why it is so difficult in this age to get a decent and inunterrupted feed up at every ground in Scotland. The Hibs TV service has improved massively over the years, but recently i seems to be tslipping back down the slope - this includes games at ER, which really should not be the case anymore ...

It should be something you have to have in the top flight. And you should have to make your feed available to the team you’re playing aswell.