PDA

View Full Version : Horgan

Mango Man
22-01-2019, 09:25 PM
Really feel he has been coming on to a game of late, think he will be a huge player for us the rest of the season, sure we have him on a decent contract too.

Reminds me of Damien Duff.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
22-01-2019, 09:32 PM
Really feel he has been coming on to a game of late, think he will be a huge player for us the rest of the season, sure we have him on a decent contract too.

Best performances are when played in his natural position out wide - not as a number 10/centrally. 👍🏽

jacomo
22-01-2019, 09:49 PM
Best performances are when played in his natural position out wide - not as a number 10/centrally. 👍🏽

Good, because Hibs have lacked a wide left player for so long.

I hoped Swanson would be the answer but he never really got going.

elevengoats
22-01-2019, 09:55 PM
I will tell you this. I started following Hibs recently after deciding that I should start watching Scottish football (only moved to Edinburgh a few years ago). And one player that stood out for me straight away in the very first game I saw (home against Aberdeen in August) was Horgan. Since then, he has always come across as someone who will always run his heart out. The end product is inconsistent but the guy is a fighter and it's fantastic to have him at Hibs. I'm always glad to see him in the starting XI.

Mango Man
22-01-2019, 10:01 PM
It's nice knowing we have Horgan, Allan and Boyle all under contract for the next couple of years, massive parts of our attacking threat.

MWHIBBIES
22-01-2019, 10:20 PM
Definately best out wide and will play there for now on I assume. His cross for Shaws goal at Hamilton shows what class he has. Would get 15+ assists if he played wide left every week.

CmoantheHibs
22-01-2019, 10:20 PM
I will tell you this. I started following Hibs recently after deciding that I should start watching Scottish football (only moved to Edinburgh a few years ago). And one player that stood out for me straight away in the very first game I saw (home against Aberdeen in August) was Horgan. Since then, he has always come across as someone who will always run his heart out. The end product is inconsistent but the guy is a fighter and it's fantastic to have him at Hibs. I'm always glad to see him in the starting XI.

I agree with this. He is a brave player, always looking for the ball and trying to make things happen, even when things aren't going his way. He has a lot to learn but I can see him being like Squirrel and taking a bit time to settle then coming on leaps and bounds.

B.H.F.C
22-01-2019, 10:30 PM
I agree with this. He is a brave player, always looking for the ball and trying to make things happen, even when things aren't going his way. He has a lot to learn but I can see him being like Squirrel and taking a bit time to settle then coming on leaps and bounds.

If Horgan gets a decent run in his actual position he’ll create more than Boyle. His final ball is better IMO and can cross with either foot.

jacomo
22-01-2019, 10:49 PM

Welcome to the Hibs!

elevengoats
22-01-2019, 10:56 PM
Welcome to the Hibs!

Thanks! :) I'm addicted now.

CraigHibee
22-01-2019, 11:14 PM

he's a good player and got a good engine on him as well imo

glad to hear you chose the right side in Edinburgh bud :thumbsup:

hibsfan7
23-01-2019, 01:20 PM
He has to start every game

23-01-2019, 02:08 PM
He has to start every game

I agree, I'm a bit surprised at the number of times he's been on the bench. He's usually come on and looked pretty dangerous and I've gone home thinking if he'd been on from the start he could well created or scored a goal for us.

Hibbyradge
23-01-2019, 06:35 PM
You have to remember, Lennon sees him in training.

He may not always be cutting it.

Centre Hawf
23-01-2019, 09:08 PM
Back to usual.

cleanyman
23-01-2019, 09:09 PM
This guy is pants

Come on people

SChibs
23-01-2019, 09:11 PM
Horgan actually has quite good stats for crossing, passes into the box, etc. Seen them on Twitter earlier.

Steve20
23-01-2019, 09:13 PM
What are people watching here? He’s barely done anything all season. Two goals against Elgin. But he’s been poor this season. End product is pathetic.

staunchhibby
23-01-2019, 09:13 PM
At least Horgan tries which is more than can be said for some of them

Stuart93
23-01-2019, 09:16 PM
You have to remember, Lennon sees him in training.

He may not always be cutting it.

Aye he also see’s Whittaker in training

Forza Fred
23-01-2019, 09:17 PM

After tonight's performance at Motherwell, he reminds me of Gareth Evans.

hfc-1875
23-01-2019, 09:18 PM
An absolute headless chicken and thinks he’s a lot better than he is, no quality at all

RossScott1991
23-01-2019, 09:20 PM
Paul Cairney with better work rate.

Brandon Barker was far better. Imo.

danhibees1875
23-01-2019, 09:32 PM
Horgan actually has quite good stats for crossing, passes into the box, etc. Seen them on Twitter earlier.

They were specifically about the Elgin game.

Gaffer1875
23-01-2019, 09:39 PM
Sh*tebag - not good enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stuart93
23-01-2019, 10:10 PM
It’s funny that horgan always seems to get the brunt of it but mallan always gets off lightly. He’s been the biggest disappointment of the season so far

LaMotta
23-01-2019, 10:12 PM

Cairney had more awareness and creativity.

IrnBru22
23-01-2019, 10:24 PM
Poor decision making and end product.

hibsbollah
23-01-2019, 10:43 PM
Just coming to the end of the alba 90 mins, And in a poor overall team performance, Horgan stood out for being shocking from the second minute to the last. 2/10 is generous.

neil7908
23-01-2019, 10:47 PM
Poor decision making and end product.

Yup. Flatters to deceive. Lots of twisting and turning when he's around the box but hod crossing, passing and shooting isn't good enough. The best you could describe him as us "lively".

Hermit Crab
23-01-2019, 10:48 PM
At least Horgan tries which is more than can be said for some of them

Tries? He was posted missing most of the second half, his shot at goal when clean through was amateur hour at best.

Greenbeard
24-01-2019, 09:04 AM
Tries? He was posted missing most of the second half, his shot at goal when clean through was amateur hour at best.
Aye, he disappeared once he realised himself he was playing so sh*t*. An embarrassment.
Great energy but that is f*** all use when your vision and lack of control with the final pass or shot is so p*ss poor due to your buzz-bomb manner on the ball.
I am now thinking that most of the good things he has done, which had earlier posters in this thread creaming over him, have just been speculative and lucky.
Hope to see Wee Tam Pong as the wide option soon, but Saturday might be too early for him. So if Horgan has to start again I'd try him with a few cups of horlicks right before KO. Might calm him down a bit.

Onceinawhile
24-01-2019, 09:43 AM

He had an effort in the first half as well that was probably just as bad, just swung his left foot at it and kicked it about 6 yards wide. Could easily have wrapped the foot around it and got a ball into the box.

I thought for a player who scored two at the weekend, he played as if he had no confidence whatsoever.

That attempted chip was ridiculous, I can understand why Gauld lost the plot when it happened.

calumhibee1
24-01-2019, 09:44 AM

Agree. Barker was streets ahead.

B.H.F.C
24-01-2019, 09:50 AM
Agree. Barker was streets ahead.

Barker was more exciting to watch but I’m not sure he had a better end product really. He’d often go on a 80 yard run, beat four men only for it to come to nothing.

RossScott1991
24-01-2019, 09:56 AM
Barker was more exciting to watch but I’m not sure he had a better end product really. He’d often go on a 80 yard run, beat four men only for it to come to nothing.

atleast when barker did that it gave you a sense of we could score here and abit excitement as it created space for others.

Horgan flatters to deceive , as I said he reminds me of Cairney.

calumhibee1
24-01-2019, 09:57 AM

I actually agree with that. I just found Barker more exciting probably :greengrin

B.H.F.C
24-01-2019, 10:24 AM
atleast when barker did that it gave you a sense of we could score here and abit excitement as it created space for others.

Horgan flatters to deceive , as I said he reminds me of Cairney.

Horgan was absolutely woeful last night. But he has regularly created chances for us when played and chipped in with quite a few assists.

Aim Here
24-01-2019, 10:53 AM
Horgan's been a like-for-like replacement with Barker. Looks quite flashy when he's running with the ball, but the end product rarely lives up to expectations. His record on paper so far has been only a smidgin better than Barker's was, but that could just be down to happenstance. I'm wondering if the folks down at PNE think they got the better end of the swap.

Hiber-nation
24-01-2019, 12:46 PM
He's like a Fenlon signing. A wee shimmy here and there, the odd good cross but can't see a pass and head goes down after 1 bad pass.

Every time I see him wide I think he should play central - and vice versa.

JimBHibees
24-01-2019, 12:56 PM
Horgan was absolutely woeful last night. But he has regularly created chances for us when played and chipped in with quite a few assists.

Was amazed how poor he looked last night as thought he was very good on Saturday albeit against much worse opposition. His attempt for our best chance was ridiculously bad.