PDA

View Full Version : Efe

GGTTH07
21-01-2019, 08:26 PM
Lot of chat about him re considering leaving Hibs, but wants a higher offer... how good would this be.

tjay
21-01-2019, 08:28 PM
Where’s the chat ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1875Sean
21-01-2019, 08:28 PM
Would you blow the budget on him on another striker?

Nicho87
21-01-2019, 08:57 PM
I’d bite your hand off for effe. I’d lose if required to budget a new striker anyone from Lewis Allan, Oli Shaw on loan, slivka, Milligan, McLaren. Imo all surplus to requirements now.

1875Sean
21-01-2019, 08:59 PM
As good as efe is I wouldn’t be blowing the budget think we have enough cover at centre half I am more concerned about our forward line

Weegreenman
21-01-2019, 09:01 PM
I’d rarher we use the money on getting SA in ASAP.

Lendo
21-01-2019, 09:06 PM
Take him back in a heartbeat. No hard feelings. Same wages and a 5 year contract.

BILLYHIBS
21-01-2019, 09:14 PM
Would keep Efe Slivka and take SA now on loan at end of this window plus another striker and Morgan

Not too much to ask? :greengrin

Tynie01011973
22-01-2019, 07:27 AM
Would keep Efe Slivka and take SA now on loan at end of this window plus another striker and Morgan

Not too much to ask? :greengrin

Can't get both Allan and Morgan on loans from Celtic.Only allowed one player from another SPFL team each season

BILLYHIBS
22-01-2019, 07:34 AM
Can't get both Allan and Morgan on loans from Celtic.Only allowed one player from another SPFL team each season

Cheers mate! I thought I was getting a wee bit ahead of myself

Change that to if Efe is resigning get him to sign in time for Motherwell away as not convinced by a 4-0 drubbing of Elgin City as Motherwell away is always a tricky fixture

Every day is a school day! :greengrin

Souter96Mac
22-01-2019, 07:59 AM
Would be the most Efe/Hibs thing for him to resign for us.

Golden Bear
22-01-2019, 08:02 AM
Would be the most Efe/Hibs thing for him to resign for us.

Resigns then resigns that is the question? Its a funny old world.

:wink:

22-01-2019, 04:11 PM
Can we give him a 5 day contract so he can play tomorrow and Sunday?

James Stephen
22-01-2019, 04:23 PM
As good as efe is I wouldn’t be blowing the budget think we have enough cover at centre half I am more concerned about our forward line

Agree with this completely.

Famous Fiver
22-01-2019, 04:25 PM
Just a pity only 7000 turned up on Saturday.

Another 10,000 on the gate at £22 makes £220,000. Split with SFA and Elgin leaves around £70/100k.

Enough to make Efe a better offer, or am I being too simplistic?

neil7908
22-01-2019, 04:26 PM
I want Efe back but the club have said they pushed the boat out and offered him a 3 year deal. That should remain on the table for now but I wouldn't consider offering him anymore.

He's a great player but has no sell on value and our biggest issues are further forward.

SirDavidsNapper
22-01-2019, 06:38 PM
Efe is a fantastic player but the club shouldn't be breaking the wage structure to get him back. Opens a can of worms.

Brooster
22-01-2019, 06:43 PM
Efe is a fantastic player but the club shouldn't be breaking the wage structure to get him back. Opens a can of worms.

Correct. Offer him reduced terms if he is still looking for a club. In fact I would be reluctant to sign him because he was itching to get away 3 weeks ago. Nobody is bigger than Hibs.

The Spaceman
22-01-2019, 07:47 PM
Correct. Offer him reduced terms if he is still looking for a club. In fact I would be reluctant to sign him because he was itching to get away 3 weeks ago. Nobody is bigger than Hibs.

Strong rhetoric! Whilst I agree we can’t be smashing our wage structure apart, players like Efe are very rare for clubs at our level. The big man has strolled it this season and I think we should push the boat out if he wants to stay on, say, a 3 year deal.

Eyrie
22-01-2019, 07:58 PM
Strong rhetoric! Whilst I agree we can’t be smashing our wage structure apart, players like Efe are very rare for clubs at our level. The big man has strolled it this season and I think we should push the boat out if he wants to stay on, say, a 3 year deal.

I wouldn't go as far as Brooster in reducing our offer, but I wouldn't be increasing our offer to a player who activated a clause in his contract which let him leave for free. If he wants to accept our original offer, then I'll welcome him back.

Hibs Giant
22-01-2019, 09:02 PM

Don't think he's done much wrong. He doesn't owe Hibs anything. I'd improve the origanal offer in a nominal/non-financial way. His ego is intact, wage structure is intact and Hibs retain a very good player.

BILLYHIBS
22-01-2019, 09:06 PM
Just a pity only 7000 turned up on Saturday.

Another 10,000 on the gate at £22 makes £220,000. Split with SFA and Elgin leaves around £70/100k.

Enough to make Efe a better offer, or am I being too simplistic?

:confused:

Not In The Know
22-01-2019, 09:09 PM
Efes been great this season. But, we are placed lower in the league than we were this time last year. He's not the player/s we need to replace at the moment.

Jim44
22-01-2019, 09:15 PM
Don't think he's done much wrong. He doesn't owe Hibs anything. I'd improve the origanal offer in a nominal/non-financial way. His ego is intact, wage structure is intact and Hibs retain a very good player.

Somehow I suspect that ‘financial’ is a key word in his thinking. What sort of non-financial incentive might make him do a u-turn?

jacomo
22-01-2019, 09:53 PM

:agree:

This is how you win at negotiating.

Waxy
22-01-2019, 10:11 PM
Efe is worth a bit more imo. For a big defender he’s so good with the ball. Always sends a few players away on their holidays every match.

Viva_Palmeiras
22-01-2019, 11:59 PM
The reports of him being dismissed as a ”bombscare” were really turned upside down.!
More refined than that. Pity the Dude couldnt abide...

blackpoolhibs
23-01-2019, 05:30 AM
We will have and maybe still doing all we can to entice/persuade Efe to come back.

I'm sure everyone knows this anyway, in the end it will all end up with what he wants from the rest of his career.

superfurryhibby
23-01-2019, 07:05 AM
Efes been great this season. But, we are placed lower in the league than we were this time last year. He's not the player/s we need to replace at the moment.

He could be one of the men to build our team around for the next three seasons though. Centre of defence, McGregor is coming to the end of his career, Hanlon seems to have an injury every season and Porteous is still developing.

malcolm
23-01-2019, 07:32 AM
Somehow I suspect that ‘financial’ is a key word in his thinking. What sort of non-financial incentive might make him do a u-turn?

An extra supply of nice warm training tops. :wink:

Tug Wilson
23-01-2019, 07:50 AM
My worry is that the club hold out until the last minute for Efe to resign and then he doesn't. Left with little or no time to get in another defender (even if just for cover).

Diclonius
23-01-2019, 08:16 AM
My worry is that the club hold out until the last minute for Efe to resign and then he doesn't. Left with little or no time to get in another defender (even if just for cover).

We're okay for defenders just now, Efe in would be a bonus. If the worst comes to the worst there'll be a free transfer we can use as cover, i.e. the Brian McLeans of the world.

Jim44
23-01-2019, 08:18 AM

I don’t think the money on offer to Ambrose will/ or should be kept on ice until the end of the window, ‘on the unlikely chance that he re-signs’. At least I hope not. It should be used to strengthen the team with players who will be committed to Hibs.

Hibbyradge
23-01-2019, 09:23 AM

Allow him to miss PR functions ...

Franck Stanton
23-01-2019, 02:44 PM
Have our rules changed ? How long did we wait for Fyvie to sign ? Efe is a good player, very good player but....no player is bigger than the club. Either sign up or ship out. At least then we will know what rebuilding we need to do.

SquashedFrogg
23-01-2019, 02:52 PM
Have our rules changed ? How long did we wait for Fyvie to sign ? Efe is a good player, very good player but....no player is bigger than the club. Either sign up or ship out. At least then we will know what rebuilding we need to do.

He shipped himself out a few weeks ago.

Jim44
23-01-2019, 03:14 PM
He shipped himself out a few weeks ago.

:agree: I’m assuming that Lennon will have cash to bring in a replacement or it’s been used to finance recent deals. I can’t see him sitting on it till the last minute in the vain hope of a u-turn from Ambrose.

where'stheslope
23-01-2019, 03:18 PM
:agree: I’m assuming that Lennon will have cash to bring in a replacement or it’s been used to finance recent deals. I can’t see him sitting on it till the last minute in the vain hope of a u-turn from Ambrose.
The idea of waiting to the last minute for him to resign could blow up in our face, unless we have another signing awaiting our last minute call!
If he wants to come back, fine, but we can't wait and lose the chance of another player!!!!

jacomo
23-01-2019, 03:36 PM

How long were we waiting on Dylan McGeouch?

It’s almost as if the club has a flexible approach, dependent on the player in question and circumstances.

SquashedFrogg
23-01-2019, 03:56 PM
How long were we waiting on Dylan McGeouch?

It’s almost as if the club has a flexible approach, dependent on the player in question and circumstances.

Nonsense. We aren't waiting on Ambrose. He's not a Hibs player anymore. We have moved on, as has he. He left weeks ago.

Papers have picked up chat from forums and created a story that some have sadly bought into.

Hibbyradge
23-01-2019, 03:56 PM
We're not waiting till the last minute for Efe.

He has left and has no intention of accepting Hibs offer.

Time to move on.

MacGruber
23-01-2019, 04:21 PM
It's strikers that are required anyway.

Inconsequential
23-01-2019, 04:37 PM
The reports that I have read indicate that Hibs offered Efe a new improved deal. Efe turned it down and has decided to use his release clause in his contract. He was an excellent servant to Hibs as most would agree. However it must be remembered he has decided to leave mid-season and not at the end. If he wants to re-sign for Hibs good if not we move on.

HoboHarry
23-01-2019, 04:39 PM
It's strikers that are required anyway.
Given that we've lost a talented defender we should be replacing him (assuming we can find one obviously) whether we need strikers or not. Would be pointless to upgrade our strikers and let our defence slip at the same time.

BILLYHIBS
23-01-2019, 04:40 PM
We need to forget about Efe

We are still here the club is still here and we go with the players that are still here and want to be here and the new players that are coming in to help us continue our journey

The second half of the season starts tonight

No one player is bigger than the club

We have two very difficult away games to prepare for

GGTTH

PeeJay
23-01-2019, 04:54 PM
If there is any chance of Efe Ambrose returning to Easter Road then the club should be doing everything it can to get him on board again - he was one of the best players at ER and would be a great asset for the club - be astonished if he wasn't snapped up elsewhere though.

Bit like Brexit really - Efe - Exit - he decides to leave the club and after doing so, then thinks, so what do I do now? :greengrin

SquashedFrogg
23-01-2019, 04:57 PM
If there is any chance of Efe Ambrose returning to Easter Road then the club should be doing everything it can to get him on board again - he was one of the best players at ER and would be a great asset for the club - be astonished if he wasn't snapped up elsewhere though.

Bit like Brexit really - Efe - Exit - he decides to leave the club and after doing so, then thinks, so what do I do now? :greengrin

A 2nd Efe-rendum?

PeeJay
23-01-2019, 04:58 PM
A 2nd Efe-rendum?

:greengrin - nice one ...

Jim44
23-01-2019, 05:13 PM
A 2nd Efe-rendum?

:thumbsup:

Mango Man
23-01-2019, 10:15 PM
We really missed him tonight, the defence just looked clueless without him, he started so many attacks for us, and was a great tackler as well, the punts up the park from PH, DM and SW was horrible to watch.

I don't like the look of an Efe-less Hibs defence.

Greenbeard
24-01-2019, 11:09 AM
We really missed him tonight, the defence just looked clueless without him, he started so many attacks for us, and was a great tackler as well, the punts up the park from PH, DM and SW was horrible to watch.

Agree. And after Porto's injury and the likelihood of him being out for a longer rehab spell this time, we should re-double efforts to get Efe back on board.
However, methinks his crystal ball telling him to get out of a downward-spiralling Hibs when he could was correct. I can't see him being keen to come back on board if he watched last night's sh*t*.

Carheenlea
24-01-2019, 11:20 AM
We're okay for defenders just now, Efe in would be a bonus. If the worst comes to the worst there'll be a free transfer we can use as cover, i.e. the Brian McLeans of the world.

I know this was posted before last nights game, but I think it’s safe to say after last night we’re not really OK for defenders right now. Ambrose coming back in would make a huge difference both in a defensive and attacking sense.

Yes, hugely missed, and more so for starting so many attacks. Last night was crying out for a defender to carry the ball forward and add an extra dimension to the play. Lat night it was either wait for Mallan or Gauld to come and get it after a few passes sided to side and back to keeper or a hopefull punt up the park.