PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: STEPHANE OMEONGA: "I'M READY TO PLAY"

RSS Bot
21-01-2019, 05:00 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/9645)

southsider
21-01-2019, 05:06 PM
If this lad plays how he speaks then we will have a player in our hands. Anyone got a spare copy of Braveheart ?

GloryGlory
21-01-2019, 05:09 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/9645)

For those of us who haven’t seen you play, what can we expect from you?
The supporters can expect a fighter. Someone who will never give up. Someone who will fight until the end for the team. I like to go box to box. I don’t like to just sit in front of the defence. I like to run, to attack, to defend and help everyone.

Good stuff! :thumbsup:

Peevemor
21-01-2019, 05:15 PM
Another excellent interview.

Here’s Lucy!
21-01-2019, 05:20 PM
Comes with a good pedigree too.

Genoa are a big club!

Welcome Stephane. :flag:

Mick O'Rourke
21-01-2019, 05:31 PM
If this lad plays how he speaks then we will have a player in our hands. Anyone got a spare copy of Braveheart ?

Great fighting speech,right enough.

William Wallace meets Winston Churchill.

Good "window" so far.

hibby6270
21-01-2019, 06:00 PM
Excited by this signing!!

Sounds a confident young man. His “I’m a box to box” player suggests he’s going to play the “McGinn role”. Something we have been lacking.

HoboHarry
21-01-2019, 06:03 PM
Take a look at his Wiki page lol. Wisnae me either......

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St%C3%A9phane_Om%C3%A9onga

HoboHarry
21-01-2019, 06:12 PM
As they look to cement 7th place?
The part about the mazy runs made me laugh.....

southsider
21-01-2019, 06:39 PM
Great fighting speech,right enough.

William Wallace meets Winston Churchill.

Good "window" so far.

No Mick, Churchill was a capitalist pig. Sent to tanks into Glasgow With a shoot on site instruction against workers striking against a 59 hour working week. Police baton charged the workers who fought back

NAE NOOKIE
21-01-2019, 06:42 PM
Take a look at his Wiki page lol. Wisnae me either......

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St%C3%A9phane_Om%C3%A9onga

:faf: …. Brilliant that made me laugh.

As for his interview …. If he plays as good a game as he talks we have a player on our hands, lets hope. Welcome to Hibs Stephane :aok:

Mick O'Rourke
21-01-2019, 07:08 PM
No Mick, Churchill was a capitalist pig. Sent to tanks into Glasgow With a shoot on site instruction against workers striking against a 59 hour working week. Police baton charged the workers who fought back
Goodness me !!
I suppose Wallace and Churchill have one thing in common
Both sons of nobility.
My comment was reference to Gibson's battle cry speech in the movie and Churchill's "fight on the beaches " speech in the Commons.

I am well aware of the earlier actions you cite.

Anyway

Do do do !!!

Greenbeard
21-01-2019, 07:38 PM
Sounds like he is just what we need. Box to box, tough and a real team player. There's no 'I' in Stephane.
If there was he'd be joining Hibs Ladies.

Mixu62
22-01-2019, 01:05 AM
Goodness me !!
I suppose Wallace and Churchill have one thing in common
Both sons of nobility.
My comment was reference to Gibson's battle cry speech in the movie and Churchill's "fight on the beaches " speech in the Commons.

I am well aware of the earlier actions you cite.

Anyway

Do do do !!!

Do do doooo Stephane Omeonga....:greengrin

Bangkok Hibby
22-01-2019, 09:49 AM
Eager to see him start. "Sounds" like a valuable signing

calumhibee1
23-01-2019, 09:42 AM
Neil Lennon says he can be Hibs N’Golo ****e..

He obviously never read the posts on here recently about these comparisons :greengrin

Edit: seems to have blocked out Kan-Tay..

Keith_M
23-01-2019, 09:56 AM
Edit: seems to have blocked out Kan-Tay..

Be grateful he hasn't signed for S****horpe

Northernhibee
23-01-2019, 10:03 AM
Be grateful he hasn't signed for S****horpe

Or didn’t sign for Craig Levein, the ****.

BSEJVT
23-01-2019, 11:25 AM

Do folk still say Capitalist pig?

I have this vision off you in a beret wielding a Kalashnikov shouting up the revolution.

But for that "Capitalist pig", you would be wandering about in jackboots shouting Heil Hitler every 2 minutes and I doubt the state at the heart of your Marxist utopia would have fared much better.

I don't for a second condone some of Churchill's excesses but this is one of the many problems with modern society, you are either for something or completely against it. There is no middle ground or recognition of the qualities of often flawed individuals, it is all about what they did that you didn't like.

Its also what is killing Hibs Net as any sort of enjoyable experience.

There is no balance, it is all black or white, the OP was obviously referencing Churchill's wartime speeches which are widely recognised as having helped turn the tide of the war by their motivational properties, not lauding him as a template for all to follow, but you couldn't wait to turn the argument political. Been waiting long for the opportunity?

It's ****ing pathetic, Hibs Net is the only social media I use but it is being misused by would be comedians and politicos would think they have found a platform for their wit or political views when I would bet 95% plus of folk who come on here just want to read about and talk about Hibs with fellow supporters.

One Day Soon
23-01-2019, 11:40 AM

I have this vision off you in a beret wielding a Kalashnikov shouting up the revolution.

But for that "Capitalist pig", you would be wandering about in jackboots shouting Heil Hitler every 2 minutes and I doubt the state at the heart of your Marxist utopia would have fared much better.

I don't for a second condone some of Churchill's excesses but this is one of the many problems with modern society, you are either for something or completely against it. There is no middle ground or recognition of the qualities of often flawed individuals, it is all about what they did that you didn't like.

There is no balance, it is all black or white, the OP was obviously referencing Churchill's wartime speeches which are widely recognised as having helped turn the tide of the war by their motivational properties, not lauding him as a template for all to follow, but you couldn't wait to turn the argument political. Been waiting long for the opportunity?

It's ****ing pathetic, Hibs Net is the only social media I use but it is being misused by would be comedians and politicos would think they have found a platform for their wit or political views when I would bet 95% plus of folk who come on here just want to read about and talk about Hibs with fellow supporters.

Didn't Churchill support the minimum wage and introduce the eight hour day for miners?

hibsbollah
23-01-2019, 11:54 AM
Stéphane seems to have excellent English, but he's going to be baffled as to why his Welcome thread is now all about Winston Churchill and porcine capitalists.

He also killed 1300 French sailors in their ships in 1940 (Churchill, not Omeonga)rather than see them fall into Nazi hands. But since Germany would probably have battered the Atlantic convoys and won the sea war in 1940 otherwise, it was probably the 'right' thing to do from a historical perspective. Normal moral judgements don't apply when you're dealing with survival.

hibee-boys
23-01-2019, 12:02 PM

Here...here. I'd like this comment if I had the chance, how's that coming along!:)

J-C
23-01-2019, 12:13 PM
I've never seen so much bull**** on so many threads in my life, this site has so many posters talking nonsense, keep all this crap to the Holy Ground this thread.

Hibbyradge
23-01-2019, 05:05 PM

You shouldnt let 5% of the people on here spoil your enjoyment.

It must be easy to skim past their posts or put the posters on ignore. :dunno:

JohnMcM
23-01-2019, 05:12 PM

Sending a chill pill and a new gasket your way my friend:wink:
:flag:

Mick O'Rourke
23-01-2019, 05:16 PM
I have not seen any film/vids of Stephane in action
However, i am excited at seeing him play from what i have read about him.
Wont be at the game tonight.
So hopefully get a stream of the game.
Some comparisons to past players i have read ?
If he has a bit of Cropley, Benji, Zemmama, and SJM, i think he will do for me.

Crops and SJM were /are fearless fighters.

Stephane suggests that is part of his style/way of playing.
If he comes close to those guys, we have a good signing.

BSEJVT
23-01-2019, 05:28 PM
You shouldnt let 5% of the people on here spoil your enjoyment.

It must be easy to skim past their posts or put the posters on ignore. :dunno:

It's the wading through crap to get to that point that I cant be bothered with any longer Dave.

I very seldom post here any longer and look at it less and less.

I can see me going forward consigning myself to reading JB's match report for away games I haven't attended and that being about that.

It's no longer worth the effort and the PM board isn't much better.

I feel heart sorry for the Admin's as they have an impossible job and seem to be increasingly swimming against the tide.

Leith Green
23-01-2019, 05:39 PM
I've never seen so much bull**** on so many threads in my life, this site has so many posters talking nonsense, keep all this crap to the Holy Ground this thread.

Its getting ridiculous

Hibbyradge
23-01-2019, 05:40 PM
It's the wading through crap to get to that point that I cant be bothered with any longer Dave.

I very seldom post here any longer and look at it less and less.

I can see me going forward consigning myself to reading JB's match report for away games I haven't attended and that being about that.

It's no longer worth the effort and the PM board isn't much better.

I feel heart sorry for the Admin's as they have an impossible job and seem to be increasingly swimming against the tide.

I'm sorry you feel that way.

I like hibs.net, probably too much, although sometimes posters can be irritating.

Often I choose to ignore the irritants, although sometimes I ill-advisedly get involved and try to reason with them, and no doubt sometimes I've been irritating.

But it's a community, not just an information sheet. Folk get angry, disappointed, excited, they say daft things, try to be controversial, try to be funny and they make up terrible, terrible songs.

But it's always been like that and for me, it's what raises this site above the likes of Kerrydale Street, Follow Follow and kickback.

Maybe it's a bit out of balance just now, but I don't want it to become a joyless, sterile place which takes itself too seriously.

Stick with it, buddy. I am sure equilibrium will be restored when the window slams shut. :wink: