PDA

View Full Version : Goalkeeper needed for back up

maturehibby
21-01-2019, 11:24 AM
Thought McHale the Elgin keeper was excellent on Saturday and kept the score respectable .
With training under our goalkeeper coach he could make it professionally as he is only 23 years old
A bairn for a goalkeeper.
Read he came up recently from Truro City and played last season at Charlton .
Worth a punt ???
And would not Cost a lot

Pretty Boy
21-01-2019, 11:44 AM
I'm not sure the 'young for a keeper' thing stands up to scrutiny these days.

In recent years guys like De Gea, Neuer, Courtois, Donnarumma and Oblak have all been playing regular 1st team football in their teens. I think increasingly as the position evolves the idea you have to be a certain age to play as a keeper is being superseded by the notion that if you are good enough, you are old enough.

That's not to say the guy isn't worth having a look at but at 23 I'm not sure I'd be paying too much attention to his age and making allowances for him being young.

Carheenlea
21-01-2019, 11:45 AM
Thought McHale the Elgin keeper was excellent on Saturday and kept the score respectable .
With training under our goalkeeper coach he could make it professionally as he is only 23 years old
Worth a punt ???
And would not Cost a lot

Truro to Elgin is a 703 mile, 12 hour drive - must be about the furthest distance for a transfer between two clubs in the UK!

BILLYHIBS
21-01-2019, 11:52 AM
To be fair the guy did ok but having lost Ross Laidlaw we are left with Adam Bogdan, Rocky, Dabrowski and young Glover on trial from either Spurs or Arsenal I cant remember

No harm in having him watched

I am sure there is lots of decent untapped talent in the Scottish lower leagues as we will find out first hand when we play Raith Rovers in a few weeks time :greengrin

snedzuk
21-01-2019, 11:55 AM
Worth a punt ???
And would not Cost a lot

Elgin need to wake up and smell the coffee.

04Sauzee
21-01-2019, 11:59 AM
Elgin need to wake up and smell the coffee.

I knew a pun was brewing

GloryGlory
21-01-2019, 11:59 AM
To be fair the guy did ok but having lost Ross Laidlaw we are left with Adam Bogdan, Rocky, Dabrowski and young Glover on trial from either Spurs or Arsenal I cant remember

No harm in having him watched

I am sure there is lots of decent untapped talent in the Scottish lower leagues as we will find out first hand when we play Raith Rovers in a few weeks time :greengrin

Talking about goalies, Hibs haven't really brought through a goalie to be a first team regular from the academy in donkey's years (Iexclude Andy McNeil as he came via Southhampton, ISTR). Is Dabrowski likely to make it, does anyone know?

Diclonius
21-01-2019, 12:01 PM
Isn't the Tottenham guy still on trial?

BILLYHIBS
21-01-2019, 12:05 PM
Talking about goalies, Hibs haven't really brought through a goalie to be a first team regular from the academy in donkey's years (Iexclude Andy McNeil as he came via Southhampton, ISTR). Is Dabrowski likely to make it, does anyone know?

I have a mate who watches the Development Squad and he says he is decent maybes a second opinion from Billy Whizz if he is looking in ?

EVENTUALLY
21-01-2019, 01:50 PM
Worth a punt ???
And would not Cost a lot
I thought he was decent too. Being beaten by Horgan in the air wouldn't look great on a scout's report however his shot stopping, save from the pen and kicking were excellent. Worth keeping an eye on.

My_Wife_Camille
21-01-2019, 02:16 PM
I thought he was crap. Looked every bit like the part time, lower league keeper that he is.

The_Horde
21-01-2019, 02:25 PM
I thought he was crap. Looked every bit like the part time, lower league keeper that he is.

Deary me. Written the lad off before we've even signed him.

Diclonius
21-01-2019, 02:28 PM
Deary me. Written the lad off before we've even signed him.

Before we've even thought about signing him!

Geo_1875
21-01-2019, 02:31 PM
I thought the Stenny keeper looked decent against Aberdeen on Sportscene. Worth a punt?

brog
21-01-2019, 02:39 PM
I thought the Stenny keeper looked decent against Aberdeen on Sportscene. Worth a punt?

Naughty boy! :wink:

BILLYHIBS
21-01-2019, 02:55 PM
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/being-celtic-no1-dream-thats-13093745

Aw well it was good while it lasted! :greengrin