PDA

View Full Version : Cup Attendances v Ticket Price

Frazerbob
20-01-2019, 04:21 PM
So the figures are in and I thought, with the chat about ticket prices, it would be interesting to compare our crowd with Aberdeen & Hearts.

Hibs 7082 (£22)
Aberdeen 9661 (£15)
Hearts 11077 (£15)
I assumed kids tickets were £10 for Aberdeen & Tynie as I couldn’t find the price. Our kids were £12.

Back of fag packet calculation where I estimated a 70/30 split of adult/concession (no idea if that’s even close TBH) shows the following income, after VAT is deducted:

Hibs £112k
Aberdeen £98k
Hearts £109.5k
(Edited to reflect kids tickets @£5)

So, in order to take roughly the same money @ £15 a ticket we would need to add in the region of 3000 fans to the gate.

Obviously the pricing argument isn’t just a financial debate but interesting none the less.

The 90+2
20-01-2019, 04:25 PM
We can’t drop prices unless the away team agree to it.

Elgin made £60k almost yesterday.

Viva_Palmeiras
20-01-2019, 04:47 PM
What’s the % of Cup top up or did that die moons ago?

Hibbyradge
20-01-2019, 04:52 PM
What’s the % of Cup top up or did that die moons ago?

I don't think there is one any more.

hibee_girl
20-01-2019, 04:54 PM
I don't think there is one any more.

There isn’t, Hibs stopped offering it when the league cup format changed

Spike Mandela
20-01-2019, 04:55 PM
Hibs only home game in the whole of January, I don’t think the financial argument really holds water.

People stayed away imo because they are dismissive of wee games against wee teams in the early rounds. I paid the money, went and thoroughly enjoyed the game. Each to their own.

The Modfather
20-01-2019, 04:58 PM
Hibs only home game in the whole of January, I don’t think the financial argument really holds water.

People stayed away imo because they are dismissive of wee games against wee teams in the early rounds. I paid the money, went and thoroughly enjoyed the game. Each to their own.

When you say financial argument do you just mean whether folk can afford to go or not? I could afford to go but didn’t think £20/£22 was anything like value for money so chose to spend my day doing something different.

Scouse Hibee
20-01-2019, 05:01 PM

I tend to agree, more not all would have found the money to go had it been a tie against Hertz, Old Firm, Aberdeen .

judas
20-01-2019, 05:02 PM
So the figures are in and I thought, with the chat about ticket prices, it would be interesting to compare our crowd with Aberdeen & Hearts.

Hibs 7082 (£22)
Aberdeen 9661 (£15)
Hearts 11077 (£15)
I assumed kids tickets were £10 for Aberdeen & Tynie as I couldn’t find the price. Our kids were £12.

Back of fag packet calculation where I estimated a 70/30 split of adult/concession (no idea if that’s even close TBH) shows the following income, after VAT is deducted:

Hibs £112k
Aberdeen £108.5k
Hearts £124.5k

So, in order to take roughly the same money @ £15 a ticket we would need to add in the region of 3000 fans to the gate.

Obviously the pricing argument isn’t just a financial debate but interesting none the less.

When looking at the price of the pies at ER I think you could almost double the figure - on the basis that everyone consumed one. 😀

The 90+2
20-01-2019, 05:03 PM

The catering and hospitality outlets may have a dissimilar input.

DaveF
20-01-2019, 05:05 PM
Pretty sure it was £5 for a kid at Hearts.

Frazerbob
20-01-2019, 05:08 PM
Pretty sure it was £5 for a kid at Hearts.

In which case you could knock £15k off their figure meaning we took in more than them.

Blaster
20-01-2019, 05:10 PM
It was an easier decision for hearts & Livingston to reduce their price as they would get TV money to more than compensate

Hermit Crab
20-01-2019, 05:11 PM
Raith V Dunfermline was £15 for Adults, £10 for O65 and £5 for under 16's. Expect Raith to agree to the same?

Next month’s eagerly awaited William Hill Scottish Cup derby encounter with our Fife neighbours, Dunfermline Athletic, is scheduled to be played at Stark’s Park on Saturday 19th January at 3.00pm. We are keen to ensure supporters have ample opportunity to purchase their tickets for the Stark’s Park fixture, and so tickets are going on general sale from this Monday, 17th December at 10am.
Tickets will be available Monday 17th until Thursday 20th December between 10am and 4pm from the Stark’s Park ticket office or by calling 01592 263514. Tickets can be posted out at a cost of £1 or collected free of charge.
Please note that there will be no opportunity to purchase this Saturday prematch.
Tickets are priced at: Adult £15 | Over 65/Disabled £10 | Under 16 £5

where'stheslope
20-01-2019, 05:11 PM
I tend to agree, more not all would have found the money to go had it been a tie against Hertz, Old Firm, Aberdeen .
The Cup always starts just after Xmas and New Year, and before people have had their first paycheck.
So it goes without saying attendances will be down and if you get a wee team in the draw, everyone thinks, i'll see them in the next round!!
Tynie today looked really bad with only 1 section in the Wheatfield full, the rest empty.
Not sure how that worked out, as must be a lot of season ticket holders moved for the game???

Babyshamble
20-01-2019, 05:22 PM
Just out of curiosity, why was the singing section empty yesterday?

Frazerbob
20-01-2019, 05:30 PM
The Cup always starts just after Xmas and New Year, and before people have had their first paycheck.
So it goes without saying attendances will be down and if you get a wee team in the draw, everyone thinks, i'll see them in the next round!!
Tynie today looked really bad with only 1 section in the Wheatfield full, the rest empty.
Not sure how that worked out, as must be a lot of season ticket holders moved for the game???

They closed the Wheatfield stand but had to open as the other 2 home stands nearly sold out. It was the only area for walk ups

CapitalGreen
20-01-2019, 05:44 PM

Not sure that’s true if you look at our previous early round cup ties against lower league opposition.

2006 v Arbroath, Att 10,523 = 76% of our 2005/06 average attendance.
2010 v Montrose, Att 9,068 = 78% of our 2010/11 average attendance.
2010 v Irvine Meadow. Att, 10,197 = 84% of our 2010/11 average attendance.

2019 v Elgin, Att 7082 = 40% of our 2018/19 average attendance.

Since90+2
20-01-2019, 05:57 PM

Hibs 7082 (£22)
Aberdeen 9661 (£15)
Hearts 11077 (£15)

Hibs £112k
Aberdeen £108.5k
Hearts £124.5k

Are you calculating all adults tickets at £22? It was £20 for season ticket holders up to a certain date so I'd reckon about 2500-3000 were sold at that price.

green with envy
20-01-2019, 06:10 PM
Are you calculating all adults tickets at £22? It was £20 for season ticket holders up to a certain date so I'd reckon about 2500-3000 were sold at that price.

Although I was there, I still found it a little embarrassing that we were the highest priced ticket for all of the 4th round cup ties. I keep reading on here that this was down to Elgin but have still to see any evidence of this.

h18eeynick
20-01-2019, 06:12 PM
It costs me about £40 to come up from Carlisle so i dont mind when when my season ticket covers my attendance but not going to shell out another £22 to see Elgin as much as I regret not seeing the game

Iggy Pope
20-01-2019, 06:29 PM
The catering and hospitality outlets may have a dissimilar input.

On that subject. No hot food in the away end isn’t a good advert. Two wee 9 year old Elgin fans that were at the game and looking forward to a pie at a big team were left disappointed.
Behind The Goals closed as well. I had hoped to take them there to to watch the Auchinleck v Ayr game. Took them to the Edin City club instead.
Hibernian need to get a grip. ‘Match day experience’ sadly lacking.

Kojock
20-01-2019, 06:33 PM
When you say financial argument do you just mean whether folk can afford to go or not? I could afford to go but didn’t think £20/£22 was anything like value for money so chose to spend my day doing something different.

And you will probably be the first to complain when we can’t afford to sign a player.

Skol
20-01-2019, 06:35 PM

And I wouldnt be surprised if the cost of the ST deduction came from Hibs share of the gate money.

MWHIBBIES
20-01-2019, 06:38 PM
It costs me about £40 to come up from Carlisle so i dont mind when when my season ticket covers my attendance but not going to shell out another £22 to see Elgin as much as I regret not seeing the gameBut you don't pay £22 to see Elgin, you pay it to see Hibs surely?

HibbyKeith
20-01-2019, 06:38 PM
And you will probably be the first to complain when we can’t afford to sign a player.

Pretty sure cup games are not even considered with regards to player budget.

hibbysam
20-01-2019, 06:40 PM

Number of home games doesn’t really add to an argument though, as about 80% of our average gate have season tickets so wouldn’t be buying tickets even if we had 4 home games. January itself is a horrendous month for majority, paid early December, Xmas, new year, 6/7 weeks between pays, away season tickets having 3 lots of cash off at once nearly. The prices were ludicrous for the size of game it was and the ‘budget’ argument doesn’t stack up for me.

Iggy Pope
20-01-2019, 06:48 PM
Pretty sure cup games are not even considered with regards to player budget.

Pretty sure cup runs very much are. Very much.

h18eeynick
20-01-2019, 06:50 PM
But you don't pay £22 to see Elgin, you pay it to see Hibs surely?

Yes i pay to see Hibs but do you spend £66 and about 10 hours of your day to see a fairly poor opposition .
? How long does it take out of your Saturday ?

bingo70
20-01-2019, 06:51 PM
Good tweet from Michael Stewart just now:-

“Some great games in this weekend’s @ScottishCup and fantastic crowds too in some of the smaller ties.

Think there needs to be a collective drive to get the fans to the games at the bigger stadiums though.

A uniformed pricing structure for the early rounds of £5child/£10adult?”

Don’t know about the prices he mentions but I like the idea of a uniformed pricing structure.

Hibeesmad
20-01-2019, 06:53 PM
Pretty sure cup runs very much are. Very much.

I read something about the Elgin chairman basically saying that their tie at Easter Road basically meant they could balance their books for next season’s budget or along those lines. Cup runs are a huge boost to clubs financially

Iggy Pope
20-01-2019, 06:55 PM
I read something about the Elgin chairman basically saying that their tie at Easter Road basically meant they could balance their books for next season’s budget or along those lines. Cup runs are a huge boost to clubs financially

Not just smaller sides. Any recent Hibs AGM tells you about the importance of a cup run to the budget.

The Modfather
20-01-2019, 07:03 PM

Yep, that’s me. I’ve got my pitchfork and flaming torch sitting by the front door ready to go.

Or alternatively, I’m happy with how much I put into the club and how many games I choose to attend. While at the same time looking for Hibs to spend their budget wisely, whatever that budget may be.

MWHIBBIES
20-01-2019, 07:06 PM
Yes i pay to see Hibs but do you spend £66 and about 10 hours of your day to see a fairly poor opposition .
? How long does it take out of your Saturday ?Why does the opposition matter?

bingo70
20-01-2019, 07:14 PM
Why does the opposition matter?

Because it effects the intensity and competitiveness of the match.

I watched yesterday on a stream and it was similar to watching a pre-season friendly.

Fair play to everyone that went though, genuinely, it’s games like this it’s a shame loyalty points couldn’t have been earned.

The Modfather
20-01-2019, 07:16 PM
Why does the opposition matter?

Should we just have one set price for all Hibs games regardless of opposition and competition then?

danhibees1875
20-01-2019, 07:37 PM
£5.5 per home goal compared to their £15/goal rip-offs though. :greengrin

hibbyfraelibby
20-01-2019, 07:39 PM
It was an easier decision for hearts & Livingston to reduce their price as they would get TV money to more than compensate

What TV money? The deal is with the SFA and the money in the main goes into the prize fund.

hibbyfraelibby
20-01-2019, 07:40 PM

Not real fans? Already got enough loyalty points...oh wait a minute

Blaster
20-01-2019, 07:41 PM
What TV money? The deal is with the SFA and the money in the main goes into the prize fund.

Don’t think that’s correct for cup ties. League games yes but cup games go to the teams for any live games

B.H.F.C
20-01-2019, 07:46 PM

You get a fee for televised Cup ties.

hibbyfraelibby
20-01-2019, 07:47 PM
Don’t think that’s correct for cup ties. League games yes but cup games go to the teams for any live games

Quote from SFA CEO implies otherwise with regard current deal

“It will also drive significant revenue back to ALL the clubs who participate in the competition, ensuring ongoing investment into the game. We look forward to working with Premier Sports and the BBC to help us continue to tell the stories and cover the action of our top knockout competition.”

And from the Daily Rancid

Put forward by the SFA, the new cash arrangement aims to end the lottery of lower league clubs earning more from one live televised game in an early round of the cup than some sides earn from going all the way to the semis.

linlithgowhibbie
20-01-2019, 07:48 PM

Coz they didn't go or split up in other areas. I went to East stand , seat at half way line for a change.

hibbyfraelibby
20-01-2019, 07:59 PM
Coz they didn't go or split up in other areas. I went to East stand , seat at half way line for a change.

Yet Section 43 had two dozen and a seagull in it... fair weather fans😉

Islington Hibs
20-01-2019, 09:01 PM
Not sure that’s true if you look at our previous early round cup ties against lower league opposition.

Unfortunately I think our gates have peaked. I suspect the gate would not have been more than a 1000 or so higher if we had charged £15. Too many poor games at ER for the fair weather fan I am afraid,

Sure we have 14000 odd seasons, which is amazing, but the actual crowds at games seem a bit thinner this season than last, regardless of what number Hibs announce. The numbers are still very healthy but yesterday was a bit more like the old days unfortunately.

The first half of this season has not been great ( not a disaster either) and hopefully we can play with a bit more style over the next few months. If not I suspect numbers will drift. Hope I am wrong!

monktonharp
20-01-2019, 09:24 PM

People stayed away imo because they are dismissive of wee games against wee teams in the early rounds. I paid the money, went and thoroughly enjoyed the game. Each to their own.good for you Spike.assume you could afford it, and you did not have to take 2 or 3 kids there and buy them all a half pizza, a juice and a poke o' chips, look after them , get them to the game safely and hame safely and hopefully they were not all over the age of 5 , whereby you needed to pay their busfares unless you were a mile from the ground and could force march them to get there. and obviously bodyswerve the shop as they all have scarves anyway.:rolleyes:

monktonharp
20-01-2019, 09:33 PM
I read something about the Elgin chairman basically saying that their tie at Easter Road basically meant they could balance their books for next season’s budget or along those lines. Cup runs are a huge boost to clubs financiallygood for him

monktonharp
20-01-2019, 09:36 PM
Because it effects the intensity and competitiveness of the match.

I watched yesterday on a stream and it was similar to watching a pre-season friendly.

Fair play to everyone that went though, genuinely, it’s games like this it’s a shame loyalty points couldn’t have been earned.the loyalty issue, will that could definitely attract more but Leeannn disnae dae loyalty.

Juniper Greens
20-01-2019, 10:22 PM
Unfortunately I think our gates have peaked. I suspect the gate would not have been more than a 1000 or so higher if we had charged £15. Too many poor games at ER for the fair weather fan I am afraid,

Sure we have 14000 odd seasons, which is amazing, but the actual crowds at games seem a bit thinner this season than last, regardless of what number Hibs announce. The numbers are still very healthy but yesterday was a bit more like the old days unfortunately.

The first half of this season has not been great ( not a disaster either) and hopefully we can play with a bit more style over the next few months. If not I suspect numbers will drift. Hope I am wrong!

2016 has also reduced cup attendance. I tried to never miss any round of the cup before. I know others who were the same. Now though, Elgin at home in an empty stadium isn't worth it (£20) I'm afraid.

NAE NOOKIE
21-01-2019, 01:06 AM
Hibs were at home … I was there … I enjoyed the game coz now and again its nice to see Hibs dominate a game which actually means something. It was also nice to see Ryan Gauld not only give a wee hint of what a player he might turn out to be, but also showing that he is a hard working wee player. Nice to see Fraser Murray get a run out too.

I wasn't bothered about the admission price …. I was rather pissed off to get to the ground 10 minutes before kick off to find the ticket pod for the FF was closed and I couldn't take my usual PATG seat in the FF upper, meaning I had to join a huge queue for the East ticket pod.

Speedy
21-01-2019, 01:26 AM

Cup top ups would've made a big difference if they were around in those years

basehibby
21-01-2019, 01:49 AM

NONSENSE!

It's late January and a lot of us are skint. I know I am anyway.

Re the Cup match - I was interested to see Ryan Gauld make his debut and was considering going even if I am skint. The lack of any discount for the match as compared to league matches certainly affected my thinking and I ended up keeping my money in my pocket and staying at home. If the price had been a discounted £15 as per the sheep and the yams I would quite possibly have attended and I know I'm not alone in this thinking.

Would the overall gate takings have been any more or less??? Of course it's impossible to say but I would hazard a guess that they would have been similar. What is a racing certainty though is that the attendance would have been greater if the price had been dropped to something like £15.

Phil MaGlass
21-01-2019, 05:12 AM
NONSENSE!

Re the Cup match - I was interested to see Ryan Gauld make his debut and was considering going even if I am skint. The lack of any discount for the match as compared to league matches certainly affected my thinking and I ended up keeping my money in my pocket and staying at home. If the price had been a discounted £15 as per the sheep and the yams I would quite possibly have attended and I know I'm not alone in this thinking.

Would the overall gate takings have been any more or less??? Of course it's impossible to say but I would hazard a guess that they would have been similar. What is a racing certainty though is that the attendance would have been greater if the price had been dropped to something like £15.

tend to agree, drop prices and more folk will turn up, also, to watch a winning team may entice them back for more games.

green day
21-01-2019, 06:14 AM
What was brilliant on Saturday was getting the voucher guaranteeing a Cup Semi / Final ticket as a thank you for attending. :wink:

MagicSwirlingShip
21-01-2019, 06:55 AM
Lots of families are skint and won’t have been paid since before Christmas.

I know of two families of four and five respectively who are season ticket holders but just couldn’t afford the day out, the ticket price wasn’t even considered. They took the kids up the Pentlands for a hike.

Col L
21-01-2019, 08:42 AM
What was brilliant on Saturday was getting the voucher guaranteeing a Cup Semi / Final ticket as a thank you for attending. :wink:

Said it before on the original thread, Hibs missed a great chance to show some goodwill to the fans by knocking a few quid of the admission prices, particularly for kids, after a crazy pile-up of fixtures in December.

And gimme peace with the 'Blame Elgin' school of thought. What evidence to we have that reduced admission was ever put to them as an option by Hibs? Airdrie had no problem agreeing to reduced prices for Celtic Park, Stenny the same at Pittodrie, and the stand-out stat for me was that Hibs charged more for the Scottish Cup than any other team in Scotland this weekend.

Pretty Boy
21-01-2019, 09:02 AM
I didn't go because I couldn't be ersed tbh. Nothing to do with the price. I went a run on Saturday morning, took my bairn to the park and for lunch, watched the lunchtime game on the box then I was out at night; I had a nice day and don't really feel like I missed much.

Ok so I cost the club £20 but I've pumped several thousand into the club in various ways over the last few years so if £20 is costing us a player I'd suggest the issues run a bit deeper.

bingo70
21-01-2019, 09:07 AM
I didn't go because I couldn't be ersed tbh. Nothing to do with the price. I went a run on Saturday morning, took my bairn to the park and for lunch, watched the lunchtime game on the box then I was out at night; I had a nice day and don't really feel like I missed much.

Ok so I cost the club £20 but I've pumped several thousand into the club in various ways over the last few years so if £20 is costing us a player I'd suggest the issues run a bit deeper.

Consider yourself off Hermit Crabs Christmas card list.

CapitalGreen
21-01-2019, 09:20 AM
Cup top ups would've made a big difference if they were around in those years

Agreed, cup top ups lowered the cost of attending and resulted in much bigger crowds. It amazes me that despite the historic attendance provided and anecdotal evidence from fans on here that people are still dismissing the idea that charging £22 for a Scottish Cup game against Elgin put many fans off and had a significant impact on the attendance.

green day
21-01-2019, 11:28 AM
Said it before on the original thread, Hibs missed a great chance to show some goodwill to the fans by knocking a few quid of the admission prices, particularly for kids, after a crazy pile-up of fixtures in December.

And gimme peace with the 'Blame Elgin' school of thought. What evidence to we have that reduced admission was ever put to them as an option by Hibs? Airdrie had no problem agreeing to reduced prices for Celtic Park, Stenny the same at Pittodrie, and the stand-out stat for me was that Hibs charged more for the Scottish Cup than any other team in Scotland this weekend.

Aye, if Airdrie and Stenny did it, then it stands to reason that Elgin would have done it:rolleyes:

By your rationale, in the absence of "evidence" we should jump to the assumption that it was all Hibs fault. Probably Petrie too.

.............or,back in the real world, we could use common sense - maybe look at the prices for other Hibs cup matches over the last few years v diddy teams, or even the Euro matches earlier in the season to see if your point holds water.

Col L
21-01-2019, 12:17 PM
Aye, if Airdrie and Stenny did it, then it stands to reason that Elgin would have done it:rolleyes:

By your rationale, in the absence of "evidence" we should jump to the assumption that it was all Hibs fault. Probably Petrie too.

.............or,back in the real world, we could use common sense - maybe look at the prices for other Hibs cup matches over the last few years v diddy teams, or even the Euro matches earlier in the season to see if your point holds water.

Airdrie had far more to lose per head by agreeing to a price cut than Elgin would at Easter Road but still did so.

Not saying on this occasion that is ALL Hibs fault, but it would safe to assume from what Tracey said in the other thread that it is far from being all Elgin's fault.

My "rationale" is that it's high time the club cut the fans some slack in ticket prices when the opportunity presents itself. What's happened over the years has got hee-haw to do with it, it's what we do now and in the future that counts. Plenty other clubs across the UK have no problem identifying that cup games, which are non season ticket games, are a good chance to make it a little more affordable to fans and show some goodwill.

Speedy
21-01-2019, 12:57 PM
Agreed, cup top ups lowered the cost of attending and resulted in much bigger crowds. It amazes me that despite the historic attendance provided and anecdotal evidence from fans on here that people are still dismissing the idea that charging £22 for a Scottish Cup game against Elgin put many fans off and had a significant impact on the attendance.

I do think cup top ups and reduced tickets are a bit different.

People have already explicity paid for the cup top up so would be more inclined to go.

Tickets for £15 would no doubt increase attendance somewhat but I don't see it increasing enough to cover the lost income due to lower prices. Loads of people will simply see it as a walkover and they'd rather go to the next round.

Keith_M
21-01-2019, 01:21 PM
I do think cup top ups and reduced tickets are a bit different.

People have already explicity paid for the cup top up so would be more inclined to go.

Tickets for £15 would no doubt increase attendance somewhat but I don't see it increasing enough to cover the lost income due to lower prices. Loads of people will simply see it as a walkover and they'd rather go to the next round.

It's entirely possible that reducing the prices could lead to both clubs losing a relatively small amount of money.

The other side of the coin is that the game would be improved as a spectacle by having a larger attendance and some people that might not otherwise have been able to afford it, or justify the extra spending, might have been able to go.

It's up to both clubs to decide which option is the most preferable, but I suppose there's very little in that to benefit Elgin. Although, other clubs in a similar situation at the weekend didn't object (e.g. Airdrie).

MartinfaePorty
21-01-2019, 01:24 PM
Although surely Airdrie got their share of the tv money, which would help against any reduction in the ticket price?

Spike Mandela
21-01-2019, 04:13 PM
good for you Spike.assume you could afford it, and you did not have to take 2 or 3 kids there and buy them all a half pizza, a juice and a poke o' chips, look after them , get them to the game safely and hame safely and hopefully they were not all over the age of 5 , whereby you needed to pay their busfares unless you were a mile from the ground and could force march them to get there. and obviously bodyswerve the shop as they all have scarves anyway.:rolleyes:

NONSENSE!

If we had drawn Hearts the game would have been a sellout with dearer ticket prices. All these people that would have went to the Hearts game obviously chose not to go to the game because of reasons other than cost. Your reasons are of course legitimate but even clubs who reduced ticket prices had poorly attended games.

I still believe one game at ER in the whole of January at a cost of £20 for season ticket holders isn't unreasonable.

If you have a lot of kids trailing along with you to games then that is an issue at every game not just a cup game and I am glad the kids I took for many years are grown up and not a burden any more. As for bus fares I have been an out of town bus member for over 30 years so I know all the extra costs entailed in travelling .

I thoroughly enjoyed the game, 30 shots, 4 goals, a missed pen and Gauld was excellent I even treated myself to a Bovril. £20 well spent.

weecounty hibby
21-01-2019, 04:54 PM
If we had drawn Hearts the game would have been a sellout with dearer ticket prices. All these people that would have went to the Hearts game obviously chose not to go to the game because of reasons other than cost. Your reasons are of course legitimate but even clubs who reduced ticket prices had poorly attended games.

I still believe one game at ER in the whole of January at a cost of £20 for season ticket holders isn't unreasonable.

If you have a lot of kids trailing along with you to games then that is an issue at every game not just a cup game and I am glad the kids I took for many years are grown up and not a burden any more. As for bus fares I have been an out of town bus member for over 30 years so I know all the extra costs entailed in travelling .

I thoroughly enjoyed the game, 30 shots, 4 goals, a missed pen and Gauld was excellent I even treated myself to a Bovril. £20 well spent.

And being the miserable ******* that I know you are, if you thought it was £20 well spent it must have been a decent game. Well done to Hibs for getting an extra £20 out of the wallet with the stiffest hinges on earth!!

Spike Mandela
21-01-2019, 07:09 PM
And being the miserable ******* that I know you are, if you thought it was £20 well spent it must have been a decent game. Well done to Hibs for getting an extra £20 out of the wallet with the stiffest hinges on earth!!

Ha ha.... part timer.😂🍺

son of haggart
21-01-2019, 07:41 PM

Hibs 7082 (£22)
Aberdeen 9661 (£15)
Hearts 11077 (£15)

Hibs £112k
Aberdeen £98k
Hearts £109.5k
(Edited to reflect kids tickets @£5)

Catering + Bar would probably even it up between Hearts and Hibs I'd guess. . Arguably we would have had more than 11k if it hadn't been on television and we hadn't had three home games in a week, but the quality of opposition would also be a factor. Interesting stats though and maybe puts paid to the idea that reducing prices wouldn't make much difference.