PDA

View Full Version : Midfield today

HAZ2000
19-01-2019, 04:58 PM
Everyone in midfield played very well today . Slivka has been fantastic recently, Gauld looks better than when he left UTD, Mallan back scoring and Bartley solid again. More of the same in the league pls.

19-01-2019, 05:02 PM
That midfield isn’t good enough to play in bigger games. Bartley isn’t good enough on the ball. I’d expect Omeonga to replac Bartley and Allan to replace Mallan.

hibby rae
19-01-2019, 05:04 PM
That midfield isn’t good enough to play in bigger games. Bartley isn’t good enough on the ball. I’d expect Omeonga to replac Bartley and Allan to replace Mallan.

Tbf to Bartley, pretty much every derby he's played he's been immense. We missed him in the last one imo.

19-01-2019, 05:05 PM
Tbf to Bartley, pretty much every derby he's played he's been immense. We missed him in the last one imo.

There’s 10 other teams we have to play.

Allant1981
19-01-2019, 05:05 PM

Cant see mallan being dropped, gauld, Allan and Mallan with omeonga sitting behind them would be a good midfield, not a lot of width right enough

hibby rae
19-01-2019, 05:07 PM

Yep but you said bigger games, and the derby is fairly big. Bartley's job isn't to be a playmaker, he breaks up the other teams' play. And does it very well most of the time. Strong, good pace and reads the game well.

The Spaceman
19-01-2019, 05:10 PM

Mallan will be a very big player for us next couple of years. We won’t drop him. He’s too good and I’m looking forward to that penny finally dropping for many of our support.

19-01-2019, 05:11 PM
Mallan will be a very big player for us next couple of years. We won’t drop him. He’s too good and I’m looking forward to that penny finally dropping for many of our support.

Hmm not sure what you’re seeing tbh.

Here’s Lucy!
19-01-2019, 05:17 PM

So, the derby isn't a 'big game' as in your prerequisite?

:dunno:

Dashing Bob S
19-01-2019, 05:19 PM

I agree. Mallan next huge star from Hibs

19-01-2019, 05:21 PM

By bigger games I meant the 30 odd teams better than Elgin. I like Bartley but I’d rather have a hibs team that can beat Hearts without bringing in battlers for one opponent.

Hibeesmad
19-01-2019, 05:23 PM
Said it many of times that Mallan will be a success at Hibs, great player. Was only Elgin but I thought Slivka was best player on the park today. Signs of a player who has been on the books of Juventus.

04Sauzee
19-01-2019, 05:36 PM

I like Mallan , think he's playing an unnatural position and gets alot of stick. I'm sure Stevenson will keep him OK

Tug Wilson
19-01-2019, 05:37 PM
Think we have to wait until the end of the transfer window before we can start arguing over our best midfield.

On today's showing Gauld brings some much needed creativity.

Omeonga is a completely unknown quantity but seems a deep midfielder.

If Scott Allan comes in this window then there's lots of options going forward.

Also it depends on who we bring in up front. If Cummings comes back then we will have to play 2 up front to fit him in.

With a back 3 unlikely with Efe away then it will be 4 at the back.

Leaves 4 in midfield from

Milligan
Bartley
Omeonga
Allan
Mallan
Slivka
Horgan
Gauld
Murray
Agyepong

Have I missed anyone?

Be interesting to see how that pans out.

MWHIBBIES
19-01-2019, 05:38 PM
Slivka really good. Others all good, Horgan 2 good goals.

cleanyman
19-01-2019, 05:39 PM
Not bothered about performances in the cup. Only victories.

That midfield may play well against the mighty Elgin but once again its against the better teams where we will continue to struggle

InchHibby
19-01-2019, 05:39 PM

The penny’s dropped for me 👍

erin go bragh
19-01-2019, 05:42 PM
Hmm not sure what you’re seeing tbh.

Midfielder scoring 10 goals . Today’s pen , the first he has scored inside the box . No sure but probably the first midfielder to do that for us since Pat McGinlay ( and it’s only Jan )

Here’s Lucy!
19-01-2019, 05:42 PM

That midfield may play well against the mighty Elgin but once again its against the better teams where we will continue to struggle

Agreed.

That midfield the day is all well and good against Elgin. They would not run the show at say Parkhead, Ibrox or even Tynecastle.

Lago
19-01-2019, 05:50 PM
The penny’s dropped for me 👍
Me to, right from the very first game!

Brightside
19-01-2019, 05:56 PM

Thats the spirit. :greengrin

JohnM1875
19-01-2019, 06:05 PM
Said it many of times that Mallan will be a success at Hibs, great player. Was only Elgin but I thought Slivka was best player on the park today. Signs of a player who has been on the books of Juventus.

Really glad to hear that. Always seen something in him and really hope he reaches his potential here.

SChibs
19-01-2019, 06:08 PM
By bigger games I meant the 30 odd teams better than Elgin. I like Bartley but I’d rather have a hibs team that can beat Hearts without bringing in battlers for one opponent.

Did we not play bartley in the derby last season despite having what is regarded our best midfield in a decade?

SChibs
19-01-2019, 06:09 PM
Agreed.

That midfield the day is all well and good against Elgin. They would not run the show at say Parkhead, Ibrox or even Tynecastle.

I don't think he have the right to run the show at those grounds to be honest.

LaMotta
19-01-2019, 06:12 PM

Bartley is more than good enough on the ball. I wish people would stop peddling the myth that he isn't.

SChibs
19-01-2019, 06:15 PM
Bartley is more than good enough on the ball. I wish people would stop peddling the myth that he isn't.

I think it's because he sometimes looks a bit clumsy when in possession that gives people that thought. I wonder what his passing stats are they must be relatively high

Here’s Lucy!
19-01-2019, 06:16 PM
I don't think he have the right to run the show at those grounds to be honest.

I don't get that. :confused:

Why should we not run the midfield at these places if we can? Home teams, like those I listed, have no devine right to this.

Hibernian Verse
19-01-2019, 06:17 PM
Mallan will be a very big player for us next couple of years. We won’t drop him. He’s too good and I’m looking forward to that penny finally dropping for many of our support.You're on the moon, Spaceman.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

19-01-2019, 06:19 PM

Lost cause of an opinion but thanks for your input.

Tug Wilson
19-01-2019, 06:28 PM
It is all about balance.

If we play 4-1-3-2 with the fullbacks pushing up then a true defensive midfielder like Marvin will be absolutely vital. He will protect the centre backs whilst leaving the other 3 midfielders to do the creative stuff.

Admittedly Milligan can also do that job and we are yet to see what Omeonga offers.

hibee_girl
19-01-2019, 06:30 PM

:agree: Slivka was great today

Carheenlea
19-01-2019, 06:35 PM
:agree: Slivka was great today

Looked very athletic, albeit against weak opposition. A very good performance and strong candidate for MOTM.

hibeemikey21
19-01-2019, 06:38 PM
Just highlights how fickle football fans can be. We’ve spent many a season crying out for more goals from midfield. A new midfielder joins, notches double figures by the mid point of the season and is deemed not good enough to start!

hfc rd
19-01-2019, 07:36 PM
What position did Gauld play and how did he do?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
19-01-2019, 07:38 PM
Gauld and Allan in the same side would be unreal.

LaMotta
19-01-2019, 07:42 PM

:faf: Coming from someone who thinks Lennon should be sacked.

Bartley's ball retention is good and has been since he arrived at Hibs. He rarely gives the ball away and has excelled in big games for us.

Keep watching the games with your eyes shut.

Fergos
19-01-2019, 07:52 PM

Bartley's ball retention is good and has been since he arrived at Hibs. He rarely gives the ball away and has excelled in big games for us.

Agree totally. The Bartman has been quality since coming to ER.

GGTTH.

hibbydog
19-01-2019, 07:56 PM

We’ve been crying out for a big physical defensive midfielder for years to act as the fulcrum of the team. So when we get one that’s proven himself ten it’s natural that we get people whining that he’s not good enough.

Typical hibs.net

LeithMike
19-01-2019, 07:58 PM
Totally agree with Victor Park. Bartley is very good in the ball. He might not have goals but he's more than capable of taking the ball out of defence and taking us on the attack. Perhaps Milligan is a bit quicker with a pass but Bartley has a great presence and energy.

You can't have a team made up of all of the same type of player.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Allant1981
19-01-2019, 08:01 PM
What position did Gauld play and how did he do?

He was playing just off Kamberi, then a bit deeper sometimes, dont think he was sticking to one position today, quite similar to Scott Allan I thought

LaMotta
19-01-2019, 08:09 PM

GGTTH.

We’ve been crying out for a big physical defensive midfielder for years to act as the fulcrum of the team. So when we get one that’s proven himself ten it’s natural that we get people whining that he’s not good enough.

Typical hibs.net

I find it astonishing.

I know hes nearing the end of his tenure here, but see once he's gone, he will be be sadly missed. I think the famous Matty Jack role will be known as the Marvin Bartley role going forward.

SideBurns
19-01-2019, 08:51 PM
I wonder what the terrifically skilful midfielders we've had the privilege to watch over the last few seasons think of Marv. I'm guessing here obviously, but I'd imagine the likes of Fyvie, SJM, Dylan, Hendo & Scotty Allan loved playing alongside the big man. He's the sort of player you want in your team, and has been a superb signing.

Centre Hawf
19-01-2019, 08:52 PM
People need to settle down a little bit. We beat a league 2 side 4-0. Professional win.

No disrespect to Elgin but i won’t be deciding if Gauld is a better player now than when he left UTD, nor will I write off Bartley, or think Mallan is a potential star player based on today.

I’ll save those opinions for the teams in our division.

19-01-2019, 09:04 PM

Groundbreaking stuff. Keep looking through my post history you might find a brain you can borrow.

Carheenlea
19-01-2019, 09:04 PM
People need to settle down a little bit. We beat a league 2 side 4-0. Professional win.

No disrespect to Elgin but i won’t be deciding if Gauld is a better player now than when he left UTD, nor will I write off Bartley, or think Mallan is a potential star player based on today.

I’ll save those opinions for the teams in our division.

I think we all appreciate the quality of the opposition, but if you look at just our players, Gauld was a different class and a level above his team mates. That surely augurs well and is a good indication that he will be a great player for us.

MWHIBBIES
19-01-2019, 09:05 PM
I think we all appreciate the quality of the opposition, but if you look at just our players, Gauld was a different class and a level above his team mates. That surely augurs well and is a good indication that he will be a great player for us.

Gauld wasn't a level above Slivka at all.

Centre Hawf
19-01-2019, 09:07 PM

Its a start to be happy with definitely. But one game isn’t an indication of anything. If it was then Brian Kerr would have been a Hibs legend.

Carheenlea
19-01-2019, 09:09 PM

Fair comment. Point I was making was that despite the quality of opposition it is quite clear to see how good a player Gauld is.

LaMotta
19-01-2019, 09:47 PM
Groundbreaking stuff. Keep looking through my post history you might find a brain you can borrow.

Nice comeback. Nothing of intelligence or no insight or debating skills so you can just come with a mindless insult. You probably voted tor Brexit:aok:

LaMotta
19-01-2019, 09:47 PM

He was. Not a slur on Slivka though.

Slivka was brilliant today.

cleanyman
19-01-2019, 09:48 PM
Nice comeback. Nothing of intelligence or no insight or debating skills so you can just come with a mindless insult. You probably voted tor Brexit:aok:

Who cares if he did

LaMotta
19-01-2019, 10:04 PM
Who cares if he did

I've no idea who cares. I don't.

19-01-2019, 10:04 PM

Oh dear. I didn’t vote for brexit.

I’ll stick by the hibs management who don’t consider Bartley good enough to start against anyone other than Elgin. Get a nice big crayon, write down your precious ball retention stats then take a minute to consider why Bartley hasn’t had a regular game for hibs in 2 years. Thanks for playing though x

LaMotta
19-01-2019, 10:15 PM
Oh dear. I didn’t vote for brexit.

I’ll stick by the hibs management who don’t consider Bartley good enough to start against anyone other than Elgin. Get a nice big crayon, write down your precious ball retention stats then take a minute to consider why Bartley hasn’t had a regular game for hibs in 2 years. Thanks for playing though x

If you are going to post then at least dont post total lies ffs.

He has been injured a lot of the time hence why he hasnt featured recently.

Its hard to know sometimes whose opinion to value on here but i guess that you are someone that has not a clue what formation we were even playing today.

19-01-2019, 10:22 PM
If you are going to post then at least dont post total lies ffs.

He has been injured a lot of the time hence why he hasnt featured recently.

Its hard to know sometimes whose opinion to value on here but i guess that you are someone that has not a clue what formation we were even playing today.

Hahaha ok champ.

LaMotta
19-01-2019, 10:23 PM
Hahaha ok champ.

Thanks for confirming you have no idea:thumbsup:

Also just laughing at the irony of you "sticking by the Hibs Management team" that you want rid of. Make your mind up ffs.

19-01-2019, 10:34 PM
Thanks for confirming you have no idea:thumbsup:

Also just laughing at the irony of you "sticking by the Hibs Management team" that you want rid of. Make your mind up ffs.

Can you let me know once you’ve stopped editing this post so I know when to reply. Thx babe

Centre Hawf
19-01-2019, 10:36 PM

What does Brexit have to do with this? Bit of a daft comment.

Greenbeard
19-01-2019, 10:41 PM
Think we have to wait until the end of the transfer window before we can start arguing over our best midfield.

On today's showing Gauld brings some much needed creativity.

Omeonga is a completely unknown quantity but seems a deep midfielder.

If Scott Allan comes in this window then there's lots of options going forward.

Also it depends on who we bring in up front. If Cummings comes back then we will have to play 2 up front to fit him in.

With a back 3 unlikely with Efe away then it will be 4 at the back.

Leaves 4 in midfield from

Milligan
Bartley
Omeonga
Allan
Mallan
Slivka
Horgan
Gauld
Murray
Agyepong

Have I missed anyone?

Be interesting to see how that pans out.
Milligan not the player we thought and limited term.
Bartley, admirable but limited term.
Omeonga unknown.
All the rest, where is the toughness coming from? Murray if he is looking stronger? Could do with a younger toughie to balance the midfield long term.

judas
19-01-2019, 10:56 PM
Everyone in midfield played very well today . Slivka has been fantastic recently, Gauld looks better than when he left UTD, Mallan back scoring and Bartley solid again. More of the same in the league pls.

Nice. But that team we played is struggling in the 4th tier of Scottish football.

It was training gamesque.

matty_f
20-01-2019, 12:21 AM
Can you let me know once you’ve stopped editing this post so I know when to reply. Thx babe

Wind it in a bit please? No need for the tone in these posts.

Onion
20-01-2019, 12:43 AM

Good to hear but let’s not kid ourselves Slivka, Bartley and Mallan are simply not good enough if we’re aspiring for top 6 in Prem. Against decent opposition, all 3 struggle badly or go missing. Once Allan on board and Boyle back, none of those will get a game.

Onion
20-01-2019, 12:51 AM

Mallan does not have enough to his game. He’s the equivalent of the kicker in an American football squad - redundant for 90% of the time.

Diclonius
20-01-2019, 01:10 AM
From what I've seen of Bartley and Milligan I would pick Bartley every time.

MagicSwirlingShip
20-01-2019, 01:49 AM

My thoughts exactly.

It’s strange on here that Bartley only really gets a mention when Derbies come around. He has rarely let Hibs down, with a three of Allan, Mallan and Gauld infront of him we would be pretty set up in midfield in my
opinion.

Interested to see this new chap from Genoa but Bartley should keep his place in the meantime.

HoboHarry
20-01-2019, 04:27 AM
Mallan does not have enough to his game. He’s the equivalent of the kicker in an American football squad - redundant for 90% of the time.
I recall when the .net goon squad were assuring us that wee Lewis may be better than the other dross around him but would be ditched when we had signed better. Fast forward to us having a far superior squad and (surprise, surprise) wee Lewis is still going strong......

MWHIBBIES
20-01-2019, 07:12 AM
Good to hear but let’s not kid ourselves Slivka, Bartley and Mallan are simply not good enough if we’re aspiring for top 6 in Prem. Against decent opposition, all 3 struggle badly or go missing. Once Allan on board and Boyle back, none of those will get a game.
Slivka was good enough last season when he played 20+ games and we finished 4th. He actually has his best games Vs decent opposition, 2 goals against Celtic and a cracker at Ibrox.

Don't let the facts get in your way though.

B.H.F.C
20-01-2019, 08:21 AM

Mallan was signed for good money and is six months in to a four year deal.

He splits opinion but he’s not going to be bombed out of the team all together.

Centre Hawf
20-01-2019, 11:14 AM
Slivka was good enough last season when he played 20+ games and we finished 4th. He actually has his best games Vs decent opposition, 2 goals against Celtic and a cracker at Ibrox.

Don't let the facts get in your way though.

He’s had a history of only playing well Vs Celtic and Rangers so far in his Hibs career. I think theres a player in there and I need to sometimes remember we got him young and is still learning. But he needs to start grabbing games against the likes of Dundee, St Johnstone, and even show us something in the derby. Cause at the moment he isn’t doing that.

Borderhibbie76
20-01-2019, 11:24 AM
I find it astonishing.

I know hes nearing the end of his tenure here, but see once he's gone, he will be be sadly missed. I think the famous Matty Jack role will be known as the Marvin Bartley role going forward.Absolutely will...big Marv has been immense for us and was sorely missed in the last Derby

BILLYHIBS
20-01-2019, 11:30 AM
I find it astonishing.

I know hes nearing the end of his tenure here, but see once he's gone, he will be be sadly missed. I think the famous Matty Jack role will be known as the Marvin Bartley role going forward.
This!

Sick saying it on here

Marvin Bartley is an absolute legend

His ball control passing and retention is a lot better than many posters on here give him credit for and also gives us a physical presence which is often lacking

He is quicker faster and more mobile than Milligan in my humble opinion

As the OP said best DM since Matty Jack

I thought he was going to have a nose bleed when he burst through their defence yesterday

I would love to see him score that elusive first goal before he leaves us

The master of his position :greengrin

MWHIBBIES
20-01-2019, 11:55 AM
He’s had a history of only playing well Vs Celtic and Rangers so far in his Hibs career. I think theres a player in there and I need to sometimes remember we got him young and is still learning. But he needs to start grabbing games against the likes of Dundee, St Johnstone, and even show us something in the derby. Cause at the moment he isn’t doing that.
He's been doing it for weeks, many good games this season.

Tug Wilson
20-01-2019, 12:03 PM
[RIGHT]
This!

Sick saying it on here

His ball control passing and retention is a lot better than many posters on here give him credit for and also gives us a physical presence which is often lacking

I thought he was going to have a nose bleed when he burst through their defence yesterday

This

Centre Hawf
20-01-2019, 12:06 PM
He's been doing it for weeks, many good games this season.

Not for me I’m afraid. He has one good game in about 3/4 okay ones and the occasional anonymous one. Far too inconsistent.

Smartie
20-01-2019, 12:20 PM
Good to see Bartley being praised here. The strong parts of his game are excellent, and he's been a huge asset to us in far more games than just the derbies.

One of his greatest strengths is his self-awareness. He knows he can't do a great deal of fancy stuff so keeps I simple and gives it to those who can. From what people say about his "footballing ability" or lack of, you'd think he gave it away all over the place. He simply doesn't, he rarely gives the ball away once he's won it.

Bartley has been a big miss when injured this season, and I reckon getting him fit and playing every week might be just the platform we need to let the other players mentioned play.

I've been as critical of Mallan as anyone, but he's in the large group of players we have who I can see clearly has ability and something to offer but that it is Neil Lennon's biggest challenge to find a team set-up that suits them (see Slivka, Milligan, Flo, Jamie McLaren and Steven Whittaker for other examples).

LaMotta
20-01-2019, 01:45 PM

GGTTH.

Typical hibs.net

Totally agree with Victor Park. Bartley is very good in the ball. He might not have goals but he's more than capable of taking the ball out of defence and taking us on the attack. Perhaps Milligan is a bit quicker with a pass but Bartley has a great presence and energy.

You can't have a team made up of all of the same type of player.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

My thoughts exactly.

It’s strange on here that Bartley only really gets a mention when Derbies come around. He has rarely let Hibs down, with a three of Allan, Mallan and Gauld infront of him we would be pretty set up in midfield in my
opinion.

Interested to see this new chap from Genoa but Bartley should keep his place in the meantime.

Absolutely will...big Marv has been immense for us and was sorely missed in the last Derby

[RIGHT]
This!

Sick saying it on here

Good to see Bartley being praised here. The strong parts of his game are excellent, and he's been a huge asset to us in far more games than just the derbies.

One of his greatest strengths is his self-awareness. He knows he can't do a great deal of fancy stuff so keeps I simple and gives it to those who can. From what people say about his "footballing ability" or lack of, you'd think he gave it away all over the place. He simply doesn't, he rarely gives the ball away once he's won it.

Bartley has been a big miss when injured this season, and I reckon getting him fit and playing every week might be just the platform we need to let the other players mentioned play.

I've been as critical of Mallan as anyone, but he's in the large group of players we have who I can see clearly has ability and something to offer but that it is Neil Lennon's biggest challenge to find a team set-up that suits them (see Slivka, Milligan, Flo, Jamie McLaren and Steven Whittaker for other examples).

Good to see so many people agree with a "lost cause" of an opinion :nanasplit:

we are hibs
20-01-2019, 01:53 PM

So would I.

Isn't there a clause in Milligans deal where his contract can be cancelled after a year or did I dream that?

Tobias Funke
20-01-2019, 04:56 PM

660 won the argument though by calling you “babe” and “champ”. Surprised they didn’t call you “cupcake” as well. :wink:

Here’s Lucy!
20-01-2019, 05:14 PM

:greengrin

LaMotta
20-01-2019, 08:16 PM
660 won the argument though by calling you “babe” and “champ”. Surprised they didn’t call you “cupcake” as well. :wink:

:hilarious

Brightside
20-01-2019, 08:35 PM

Where do these posters come from??

HoboHarry
20-01-2019, 08:43 PM
Where do these posters come from??
Gorgie?

Vault Boy
20-01-2019, 09:05 PM
I rate Bartley so highly. I think we've missed him recently.

I feel that some pigeonhole his role in the side and believe he shouldn't be playing against so called 'lesser' opposition, but I don't agree with this.

Marv is excellent at ball retention, and unlike the majority of our midfielders, he's very naturally athletic and powerful.

I think his abilities allow for the creative players to play with much more freedom and generally his presence in the team gives us a good balance.

I hope he stays fit and stays with us next season.

Tug Wilson
20-01-2019, 09:31 PM
I rate Bartley so highly. I think we've missed him recently.

I feel that some pigeonhole his role in the side and believe he shouldn't be playing against so called 'lesser' opposition, but I don't agree with this.

Marv is excellent at ball retention, and unlike the majority of our midfielders, he's very naturally athletic and powerful.

I think his abilities allow for the creative players to play with much more freedom and generally his presence in the team gives us a good balance.

I hope he stays fit and stays with us next season.

Agree.

Also not quite sure who these lesser teams are that posters think Marvin shouldn't play against. Chat like that is very Jamboesque arrogance.

Diclonius
20-01-2019, 09:35 PM
Bartley is great because he deals with all the other midfield "enforcers" all by himself whilst also being fairly reliable in thereafter giving the ball to a teammate. With a box-to-box midfielder in front of him (McGeouch/McGinn in the past, Omeonga now?) then the two remaining guys can be as powder puff as they want because all the ball winning stuff is covered.

erin go bragh
20-01-2019, 09:54 PM
Bartley was our best midfielder when we knocked Utd out on pens in the semi final. Massively underrated by many . A midfield of Allan and Gauld will need Bartley imo .

hibbymark
21-01-2019, 06:27 AM

On that basis are Blair Alston , Liam Craig and David Wotherspoon good enough for the top six ?

BILLYHIBS
21-01-2019, 08:23 AM
Who knows perhaps Lenny has realised the error of his ways and he is about to give The Bart Man a run in the team at the base of the diamond to instill a bit more steel into our team

No more soft touch namby pamby midfield

I suppose a lot depends on what the new guy from Genoa brings to the table and the addition of any further quality signings

Bartley Omeonga Allan and Gauld sounds mouthwatering

We also have Mallan Slivka and Horgan but it is all about finding the perfect blend

Bostonhibby
21-01-2019, 08:38 AM
Good to see so many people agree with a "lost cause" of an opinion :nanasplit:You can add me to the list who rate Marvin. Should feature more than he does.

The yams I know don't like it when they see his name on the team sheet. I think it's because he's more effective and less dirty than most of their defensive midfielders.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

staunchhibby
21-01-2019, 08:44 AM
I also rate Bartley gives us a bit of steel in midfield.

Here’s Lucy!
21-01-2019, 05:12 PM

Not good enough?

Not good enough?

Slivka has been great now for about half a dozen games, Bartley holds the midfield together superbly, Mallan? I give you that one.

I suspect that too many 'onions' have pickled your mind! :wink:

flash
21-01-2019, 05:52 PM
Not good enough?

Not good enough?

Slivka has been great now for about half a dozen games, Bartley holds the midfield together superbly, Mallan? I give you that one.

I suspect that too many 'onions' have pickled your mind! :wink:
Aye Mallan with 11 goals from midfield.

Aim Here
21-01-2019, 05:59 PM

He's only scored one in the last 2-3 months, though, and that was from the penalty spot after Flo understandably bottled it.

Here’s Lucy!
21-01-2019, 06:05 PM

Post below answers what I meant.

He's only scored one in the last 2-3 months, though, and that was from the penalty spot after Flo understandably bottled it.

Smartie
21-01-2019, 06:11 PM
Bartley was our best midfielder when we knocked Utd out on pens in the semi final. Massively underrated by many . A midfield of Allan and Gauld will need Bartley imo .

Bartley has been our best player let alone midfielder in a disproportionately high number of the games that he's played, including ones against "lesser teams".