PDA

View Full Version : Hibs TV

GGTTH07
19-01-2019, 02:00 PM
Is anyone else just getting a black screen?

TamHibs
19-01-2019, 02:01 PM
Aye

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

California-Hibs
19-01-2019, 02:02 PM
Yep,was just about to start a thread. Hopefully it gets sorted quickly

California-Hibs
19-01-2019, 02:03 PM
Back on now

KWJ
19-01-2019, 02:04 PM
I'm not getting the option of the "Match" tab.

hhibs
19-01-2019, 02:07 PM
I'm not getting the option of the "Match" tab.

Same here,seems no way to tell them

silverhibee
19-01-2019, 02:25 PM
Got it.

hhibs
19-01-2019, 02:25 PM
Same here,seems no way to tell them

Pretty poor this from Hibs TV.

Can some kind soul tell them we are not able to find a match tab on the site to click on to, to watch the game. Thanks

KWJ
19-01-2019, 02:32 PM
Pretty poor this from Hibs TV.

Can some kind soul tell them we are not able to find a match tab on the site to click on to, to watch the game. Thanks

Can email them on support@hibernianfc.co.uk

I'm in a hostel using a VPN which may be causing me problems.

SouthMoroccoStu
19-01-2019, 02:57 PM
I think the camera is new or drunk

Coco Bryce
19-01-2019, 03:11 PM
I think the camera is new or drunk

It's shocking eh. Zooming in all over the place. Very amateur indeed.

RoxburghHibs
20-01-2019, 10:03 AM
Hibs TV is an excellent service and I loath to post anything negative about it.

However the filming is all over the place making it hard to watch. It's as if the cameraman has never used the camera previously. It's a real shame as HibsTV is such a vital service and one that I would recommend we all sign up for - it maybe just needs some investment in training?

On the plus side the pitch side highlights are excellent and some of the behind the scenes footage can be fantastic.

Billy
20-01-2019, 10:10 AM

However the picture quality is very poor (not sure if it's an old camera they are using or if it's a low resolution upload) the filming is all over the place making it hard to watch. It's as if the cameraman has never or used the camera previously. It's a real shame as HibsTV is such a vital service and one that I would recommend we all sign up for - it maybe just needs some investment in training and new hardware?

On the plus side the pitch side highlights are excellent and some of the behind the scenes footage can be fantastic.

The match feed yesterday was a single camera and from a broadcaster. Hibs TV take a feed from the camera.

As it’s a single camera, the operator needs to get the goals plus cut aways of the crowd etc, that’s why the camera was all over the place.

The League matches see more cameras at a game and therefore a camera will already be on the crowd when they cut to it so you don’t see it moving around. 👍🏻

RoxburghHibs
20-01-2019, 10:34 AM
The match feed yesterday was a single camera and from a broadcaster. Hibs TV take a feed from the camera.

As it’s a single camera, the operator needs to get the goals plus cut aways of the crowd etc, that’s why the camera was all over the place.

The League matches see more cameras at a game and therefore a camera will already be on the crowd when they cut to it so you don’t see it moving around. 👍🏻

:thumbsup:

Forza Fred
20-01-2019, 11:15 PM
iS the Motherwell game going out live to overseas subscribers.

NO indication of any upcoming coverage on the HIbs TV site .

AZhibee
20-01-2019, 11:58 PM

Would like to know about St Mirren as well.

Auckland Hibs
21-01-2019, 12:03 AM

Motherwell TV have the game advertised as live for viewers outside the UK, worse case it will cost 12 pounds for a one month subscription if Hibs TV aren't showing it.

Noticed that the Motherwell & Hibs TV websites are pretty much identical with the obvious difference i.e. club/badge.

Are the websites owned or operated by the same company?

DetroitHibs
21-01-2019, 01:23 AM
Not having a go at the lads on commentary, but I think the club could do better. Both sounded like a couple of young laddies yesterday, and no disrespect. I just think we could do better. I'd like to see an ex player, or someone that has played the game commentating. When they have big Daz on it's enjoyable listening to his take on it.

Forza Fred
21-01-2019, 01:30 AM
Not having a go at the lads on commentary, but I think the club could do better. Both sounded like a couple of young laddies yesterday, and no disrespect. I just think we could do better. I'd like to see an ex player, or someone that has played the game commentating. When they have big Daz on it's enjoyable listening to his take on it.

As I understand it Hibs TV on match days is manned mainly by volunteers.
Personally I'm not bothered WHO is commentating as long as I can see the game...but obviously many like me get used to the same commentator, and its generally been Cliff, so anyone who steps in risks critical reviews!.

Got no problem with anyone occasionally stepping up I must say though, and as I discovered during a short term commentating period myself, (not on HIbs TV you lucky lot!) its a skill that improves with more practice.

Once again, my thanks to all those involved who bring us far off fans the live coverage at what is for many of us, silly o'clock.

In fact, what with restart of the Scottish season coupled with Oz's participation in the Asian Cup, sleep deprivation is the order of the day!

AZhibee
21-01-2019, 02:20 AM

When they up the subscription price to bring in announcers, we’ll have you to thank. 😃
The guys were fine yesterday.
Missed Cliff though.

calumhibee1
21-01-2019, 05:30 AM

The game is on Alba on Wednesday so I’d like to think they’ll be able to piggy back off that?

Forza Fred
21-01-2019, 05:46 AM
The game is on Alba on Wednesday so I’d like to think they’ll be able to piggy back off that?

Cheers

DetroitHibs
21-01-2019, 05:55 AM
When they up the subscription price to bring in announcers, we’ll have you to thank. 😃
The guys were fine yesterday.
Missed Cliff though.

The guys were fine, nothing wrong with wanting to strive for better though. I missed Cliff too, as much as he can be a slaver at times, I enjoy his commentary and half time pie reports.

SouthMoroccoStu
21-01-2019, 06:33 AM

Is it on alba live or a full replay after the final whistle?

Genuinely hate those

BILLYHIBS
21-01-2019, 06:39 AM
Has Cliff left? :confused:

ddoc
21-01-2019, 06:54 AM
Has Cliff left? :confused:

No, they said that he had a work commitment during the commentary.

BILLYHIBS
21-01-2019, 06:56 AM
No, they said that he had a work commitment during the commentary.

:thumbsup:

MagicSwirlingShip
21-01-2019, 06:58 AM
The guys were fine, nothing wrong with wanting to strive for better though. I missed Cliff too, as much as he can be a slaver at times, I enjoy his commentary and half time pie reports.

Viva Le Cliff !

Bangkok Hibby
21-01-2019, 07:03 AM

However the filming is all over the place making it hard to watch. It's as if the cameraman has never used the camera previously. It's a real shame as HibsTV is such a vital service and one that I would recommend we all sign up for - it maybe just needs some investment in training?

I agree and it's fantastic for me, but when I've stayed up until 02.30 for a midweek game and you get all the problems it seems to have had this year it's very frustrating indeed. We've spoken about this on here before. I'm certain my internet connection is adequate as other streaming sites work perfectly well. It's £12.99 now for the International package which I don't mind spending as it's the least I can do from the other side of the world to support Hibs, but I log on with trepidation now as I know something will go wrong, whether that be freezing, black screen, comments unavailable etc.

calumhibee1
21-01-2019, 07:18 AM
Is it on alba live or a full replay after the final whistle?

Genuinely hate those

Full replay after the game. Often means for us within the UK that there’s a decent chance of finding a stream online aswell!

Peevemor
21-01-2019, 08:02 AM
I agree and it's fantastic for me, but when I've stayed up until 02.30 for a midweek game and you get all the problems it seems to have had this year it's very frustrating indeed. We've spoken about this on here before. I'm certain my internet connection is adequate as other streaming sites work perfectly well. It's £12.99 now for the International package which I don't mind spending as it's the least I can do from the other side of the world to support Hibs, but I log on with trepidation now as I know something will go wrong, whether that be freezing, black screen, comments unavailable etc.

I've posted this before, but my streams have been almost perfect (I've only missed a couple of streamed games this season). If people in some countries are experiencing problems that others don't have, surely this is down to local conditions (bandwith throttling?) and has nothing whatsoever to do with the Hibs TV output.

Centre Hawf
21-01-2019, 09:57 AM
I've posted this before, but my streams have been almost perfect (I've only missed a couple of streamed games this season). If people in some countries are experiencing problems that others don't have, surely this is down to local conditions (bandwith throttling?) and has nothing whatsoever to do with the Hibs TV output.

I’ve streamed a fair amount of football from various places in my time and can safely say Hibs TV is one of the more reliable ones. Not suggesting that everyone who faces problems are only experiencing it because of a technical fault on their end because there are times like Saturday where something can go wrong on Hibs’ end.

But having worked with tech for a while, including in helping others with their issues with it, you’d be surprised at how many people are dead certain the problem isn’t on their end and/or their equipment and internet is perfectly suitable for their task only to find that none of it is as true as they think.

KWJ
21-01-2019, 10:32 AM
Any idea what the problem could be that the option of "Match" wasn't appearing for myself and somebody else on Saturday? It was showing Freeview even though I was logged in. I had a similar thing for one of the games in December but it eventually appeared.

My account is based in Canada but I wasn't there on Saturday so tried using my VPN (which I tend to use when travelling and using public WIFI anyway) to show as Canada but still no success.

I managed to solve it by changing to my mobile phone which showed the Match tab but obviously I'd prefer to watch on my laptop. I tried all browsers and deleted cache but no joy on the laptop.

Callum_62
21-01-2019, 12:45 PM
Looks like Motherwell game is on Live Video for overseas but with the Motherwell TV commentary

Centre Hawf
21-01-2019, 01:30 PM
Any idea what the problem could be that the option of "Match" wasn't appearing for myself and somebody else on Saturday? It was showing Freeview even though I was logged in. I had a similar thing for one of the games in December but it eventually appeared.

My account is based in Canada but I wasn't there on Saturday so tried using my VPN (which I tend to use when travelling and using public WIFI anyway) to show as Canada but still no success.

I managed to solve it by changing to my mobile phone which showed the Match tab but obviously I'd prefer to watch on my laptop. I tried all browsers and deleted cache but no joy on the laptop.

I've had a similar issue before and when I logged out and back in again it seemed to fix the issue though.

HiBremian
21-01-2019, 01:40 PM

It was a bit frustrating when we scored the first goal on Saturday - the commentator was way behind play trying to get the name of the player on the ball right.

But I'm totally forgiving. What we maybe all forget is that the commentary is for both video and audio-only fans. Really, they require 2 completely different approaches. Trying to fill in all the detail about where in the park the ball is being played for audio-only punters makes the video commentary inevitably overloaded. With that in mind, Cliff does a pretty incredible job, and the other lads are doing their best to keep up. I'd say the only thing that's missing is a female commentator :greengrin