PDA

View Full Version : Greg Stewart

Moulin Yarns
18-01-2019, 04:36 PM
A bit strange. If I was Kilmarnock I would be furious.

https://twitter.com/BBCSportsound/status/1086298033350938624?s=19

Pete
18-01-2019, 04:37 PM
Link doesn’t work. For me anyway. :-(

RoxburghHibs
18-01-2019, 04:38 PM
Thought he’d signed for Aberdeen - unless no Hibs content ?

Moulin Yarns
18-01-2019, 04:40 PM
Thought he’d signed for Aberdeen - unless no Hibs content ?

Season long loan to Kilmarnock, recall from Birmingham, then loaned straight out to Aberdeen.

Heisenberg
18-01-2019, 04:44 PM
Birmingham are skint. Aberdeen have probably offered a much better financial package than Killie.

Stokesy's on fire
18-01-2019, 05:20 PM
Birmingham are skint. Aberdeen have probably offered a much better financial package than Killie.

Huge loss to Killie and an odd step down from a good quality side to a really poor side. Killie have been shafted with this in my view.

MWHIBBIES
18-01-2019, 05:22 PM
Huge loss to Killie and an odd step down from a good quality side to a really poor side. Killie have been shafted with this in my view.2 points the difference between them, Aberdeen are not a really poor side.

Heckys Wheel
18-01-2019, 05:24 PM
Huge loss to Killie and an odd step down from a good quality side to a really poor side. Killie have been shafted with this in my view.

Killie are currently going through what we’ve been through many times.

Completely shafted on this Stewart thing. Jones’ pre-contract and the subsequent pish on twitter. Mulumbu gone to Celtic. Brophy subject to interest. Boyd running his mouth off at every opportunity.

We’ve been there and it’s not nice. I almost feel sorry for them. Almost.

Billy Whizz
18-01-2019, 05:27 PM

He is Birmingham’s player, they can do what they want with him

LustForLeith
18-01-2019, 05:35 PM
Said if when him and Kane Hemings were for me the best striking partnership in the Championship despite playing for lowly Cowdenbeath that he’d do a job at a top level.

The 90+2
18-01-2019, 05:39 PM

He had the choice between us, Killie and Aberdeen. We took our deal away this morning (after Allan?) Birmingham wanted money but got none.

jacomo
18-01-2019, 08:31 PM

Still a kick in the teeth though.

Greencore
18-01-2019, 08:54 PM
Aberdeen have probably an option to buy in place. Probably not or probably higher then Killie had. So Birmingham probably looked to sell to get the highest price. Shame for Killie but he is birminghams player.

Michael
18-01-2019, 08:57 PM
Aberdeen have probably an option to buy in place. Probably not or probably higher then Killie had. So Birmingham probably looked to sell to get the highest price. Shame for Killie but he is birminghams player.

Think he's out of contract at the end of the season - so won't be an option to buy.

CMurdoch
19-01-2019, 12:26 AM

Is the correct answer.
Additionally, from the players point of view, if he plays well Aberdeen will offer him a 2 year contract on terms that Kilmarnock could never match.

Kilmarnock losing Mulumbu, Stewart and Jones is similar to what happened to us. As soon as you start punching above yourself you are parted from your best assets by bigger fish.

Our rebuild is continuing and i expect us to do well next season. The more money you have the easier and quicker it is to do the rebuild. By the end of the window we will have spent another large wedge of cash and will be looking for the next £3 million asset to rise to the surface.

Tornadoes70
19-01-2019, 12:36 AM

Aye but did Killie put him back in the shop window only for Aberdeen to snap him up on loan just after theirs?

Football's built upon supporter emotion, respect and interaction with players not always simply cold pragmatism?

Mon the Cabbage!!!

CLASS OF 72 -73
19-01-2019, 04:12 AM

Not the point Billy. If it happened to us we would most probably be raging

BILLYHIBS
19-01-2019, 06:27 AM
Don’t give a flying f*** about Killie or the sheep tbh but the right thinking me tells me something does not feel right

In fact it sucks!

I do feel sorry for Stevie Clarke and Killie on this occasion

Perhaps they should change the rules regarding lending a player to two teams in the same league in the same season especially with Killie trying to do a Leicester it seems to give Aberdeen an advantage

No doubt money was involved be it upfront or as an increased percentage of his no doubt already substantial wage

As other posters have said what if he was at us for the first half of the season and Hearts for the second?

Hibee Mac
19-01-2019, 07:41 AM
He's going to get dogs abuse when he turns up to Rugby park, and rightly so.

Kind of feel bad for Killie on this occasion.

staunchhibby
19-01-2019, 07:45 AM
Think the scenario with Stewart stinks

green day
19-01-2019, 07:48 AM
Feel really sorry for Killie and their fans

:na na::na na:

DH1875
19-01-2019, 07:57 AM
Was Scott Allan not supposed to be on loan at Dundee for the full season last year but celtic recalled him and then loaned his straight to us?

Or have I just made that up :confused:

Jpdhfc
19-01-2019, 08:02 AM
Was Scott Allan not supposed to be on loan at Dundee for the full season last year but celtic recalled him and then loaned his straight to us?

Nope with Dundee recalled ad part of three way swap.

Heisenberg
19-01-2019, 08:24 AM

That is true, however Dundee only did it on the basis that they got Simon Murray off us.

Greencore
19-01-2019, 08:31 AM
Call me childish... but remember when they sang to us "you're going down with the jambos"

Hahahahahaaha

hibbysam
19-01-2019, 08:34 AM
He's going to get dogs abuse when he turns up to Rugby park, and rightly so.

Kind of feel bad for Killie on this occasion.

Hardly the players fault. Killie should have put a clause in place to stop this happening, their own deal makers fault. If Birmingham decided he was to go to Aberdeen then that’s where he goes, unless he doesn’t want to play again until August.

Stokesy's on fire
19-01-2019, 09:00 AM
Feel really sorry for Killie and their fans

:na na::na na:

So do i so touch wood i hope he turns out be as embarrassing as Stevie May

Criswell
19-01-2019, 11:12 PM
It's certainly an odd one considering he was a total flop for them last season. It looks like Aberdeen have engineered this with Birmingham to shaft Kilmarnock.

Hibeesmad
20-01-2019, 01:08 AM
Steve Clarke will probably go and get a better player in with his contacts down south

Moulin Yarns
20-01-2019, 10:10 AM
Steve Clarke will probably go and get a better player in with his contacts down south

He is certainly not happy

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46935230

Billy Whizz
20-01-2019, 10:12 AM

Who’s he aiming this at, Birmingham or Aberdeen

SouthMoroccoStu
20-01-2019, 10:18 AM

He’s not wrong about any of this