PDA

View Full Version : 11 midfielders?

Inconsequential
18-01-2019, 03:52 PM
Hibs have listed on the official website 9 midfielders in the first team squad. Add to this Omeonga and possibly Scott Allan. So we have a complete eleven of midfield players. Surely some have to move on? Slivka, Bartley, Milligan, Murray? Still only three strikers though. :wink:

tjay
18-01-2019, 03:54 PM
Hibs have listed on the official website 9 midfielders in the first team squad. Add to this Omeonga and possibly Scott Allan. So we have a complete eleven of midfield players. Surely some have to move on? Slivka, Bartley, Milligan, Murray? Still only three strikers though. :wink:

Trust in Lennon
I’m sure he’ll have a plan[emoji172]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J-C
18-01-2019, 04:38 PM
On the website they have 9 midfielders, Milligan is off with Oz, Boyle, Horgan and Agyepong are wingers with Boyle out for the season and young Murray just re establishing himself after a few wee injuries this season. We have 4 available midfielders to play through the middle with Horgan and Murray who can play wide. We need to get Omeonga and Allan in to really bolster the middle of the park.

Aim Here
18-01-2019, 04:43 PM
On the website they have 9 midfielders, Milligan is off with Oz, Boyle, Horgan and Agyepong are wingers with Boyle out for the season and young Murray just re establishing himself after a few wee injuries this season. We have 4 available midfielders to play through the middle with Horgan and Murray who can play wide. We need to get Omeonga and Allan in to really bolster the middle of the park.

Allan doesn't necessarily start until next season. Gauld will hopefully do a similar job for us in the interim.

The 90+2
18-01-2019, 04:46 PM
Can’t ever have enough of something except a goalie school. As long as the other areas get sorted I’m glad the board are backing NL.

Cocaine&Caviar
18-01-2019, 04:53 PM
If we were to move to 4-3-3 (essentially 6 midfielders, 2 of them being wide), thats still under 2 in every position:

LCM: Gauld, Slivka
DM: Omeonga, Milligan, Bartley
RCM: Allan, Mallan

RW: Boyle (injured), Horgan
LW: Agyepong (injured, F. Murray

ST: Kamberi, Maclaren, Shaw

Plus, Milligan may be considered a CB with Ambrose moving on...

MWHIBBIES
18-01-2019, 04:56 PM
Murray is a kid, he has potential, why would we move him on?

Slivka has been our best player in our last 5/6 games, would move quite a few others on before him.

J-C
18-01-2019, 05:01 PM
If we were to move to 4-3-3 (essentially 6 midfielders, 2 of them being wide), thats still under 2 in every position:

LCM: Gauld, Slivka
DM: Omeonga, Milligan, Bartley
RCM: Allan, Mallan

RW: Boyle (injured), Horgan
LW: Agyepong (injured, F. Murray

ST: Kamberi, Maclaren, Shaw

Plus, Milligan may be considered a CB with Ambrose moving on...

Exactly what Lennon said in his press conference, Miligan can slot into CB, Horgan is essentially the only wide player fit but Gauld can do a job there too, he mentioned the need for a wide player and a striker.

Inconsequential
18-01-2019, 05:44 PM
9 first team squad players listed as midfielders by the club itself at the moment. Not my list. The club.

we are hibs
18-01-2019, 05:57 PM
Murray is a kid, he has potential, why would we move him on?

Slivka has been our best player in our last 5/6 games, would move quite a few others on before him.

If allan was to arrive this window I think murray may go out on loan till the end of the season.

Tug Wilson
18-01-2019, 06:00 PM
9 first team squad players listed as midfielders by the club itself at the moment. Not my list. The club.

I think 9 midfielders is too few in a squad for the whole season. The midfield is a hard shift and players get injured and need rotated. Also the manager needs options. Even if we add Allan and Omeonga, I think that there is still space for another wide midfield player.

With Efe away we probably need another CB but Milligan can cover.

Definitely need another striker just to give options and freshen things up a little.

Here’s Lucy!
18-01-2019, 06:25 PM
If allan was to arrive this window I think murray may go out on loan till the end of the season.

Is murray may eddies brother?:wink:

BILLYHIBS
18-01-2019, 06:38 PM
Still need a water carrier SJM type that will grab the game by the scruff of the neck and take the ball up the park and drive into the opposition box causing mayhem and confusion in opposing defences

I know not cheap and not ten a penny but there must be an uncut diamond somewhere?

All the above is just my honest opinion as we have never replaced the main man

A big ask I know!

Any suggestions?