PDA

View Full Version : Now were about to start the 2nd part of the season, where do you think we will finish

where'stheslope
17-01-2019, 11:40 AM
Now were about to start the 2nd part of the season, where do you think we will finish?

With all the injuries starting to clear up, I'm expecting top 5-6 at the least!!!

A good cup run and hopefully a few more players before the window closes.

The_Horde
17-01-2019, 11:43 AM
7th.

Heckys Wheel
17-01-2019, 11:46 AM
I think we’ll finish 5th. 4th is achievable if we can have a good second half of the season.

we are hibs
17-01-2019, 11:48 AM
7th. Don't think we will find the required consistency like the 2nd half of last season to make top 6.

The 90+2
17-01-2019, 11:49 AM
7th or 8th. We could realistically go 8 behind St Johnstone who will have a game in hand after next match.

joebakerforever
17-01-2019, 11:51 AM
7th.

At best

One Day Soon
17-01-2019, 11:56 AM
This will be the latest "life, don't talk to me about life" .net thread then?

The Modfather
17-01-2019, 11:56 AM
7th

eastcoasthibby
17-01-2019, 11:59 AM
The usual Hibs way off just missing out on whete we should be competing in the top 6 so 7th I reckon, and the Board will be delighted cos we are still in the top division.

allmodcons
17-01-2019, 12:01 PM
Top 4.

calumhibee1
17-01-2019, 12:07 PM
7th.

KWJ
17-01-2019, 12:08 PM
Definitely top 6. 4th.

One Day Soon
17-01-2019, 12:10 PM
1st. Above that even.

overdrive
17-01-2019, 12:11 PM
8th unless we have a ridiculous run of form like we did in the second half of last year. I doubt we can repeat that run, especially if we don't sign some real quality.

J-C
17-01-2019, 12:15 PM
I'll go 5th

RossScott1991
17-01-2019, 12:23 PM
Current squad as it stands - 7th

2/3 more signings - 6th

imo, left too much to do this year. Hoping trip to hampden though as we could have a good cup team.

Jim44
17-01-2019, 12:25 PM
If we raise our game significantly, we could get 5th or 6th. Otherwise I think we’ll end up in 7th or 8th.

AllyF
17-01-2019, 12:26 PM
7th

Bangkok Hibby
17-01-2019, 12:34 PM
6th

bigwheel
Between 5th and 7th , depending on the window and fitness/form of some key players ..

Borderhibbie76
Hard to judge as we don't know what the squad will look like in 2 weeks time...if it stays the same then bottom 6 for me 7th or 8th.

We need another 3 quality additions in midfield and up front to even make top 6 imo

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

KeithTheHibby
17-01-2019, 12:39 PM
Top 6. 5th at best.

First half of the season has been horrific for injuries with pretty much each player of the first team missing a few games at one point or another.

No major surgery is required this window, bit more in the attacking areas and we have addressed this slightly with Gauld.
Hopefully see either Allan or Morgan arrive. Perhaps another striker to put pressure on McLaren and Kamberi as Shaw / Allan won't cut it.

Big few months for Fraser Murray. Now that he appears to be fit he really needs to kick on and make a bit of a name for himself ala Porteous.

I trust NL to get things right and expect to see a more settled side the next few months which in turn should lead to better results.

cleanyman
17-01-2019, 12:40 PM
Bottom 6

We aren't as good as any of the teams above us

Smartie
17-01-2019, 12:44 PM
10th or 11th.

Our midfield is garbage, out options up front are poor and we've just lost our best defender.

I just hope that one or two teams might turn out to be worse than us.

I do hope an think that we've got a bit more business left on us yet, we bloody better.

The 90+2
17-01-2019, 12:54 PM
10th or 11th.

Our midfield is garbage, out options up front are poor and we've just lost our best defender.

I just hope that one or two teams might turn out to be worse than us.

I do hope an think that we've got a bit more business left on us yet, we bloody better.

I can't see the bottom clubs catching us 15 and 17 points behind tbh.

SirDavidsNapper
17-01-2019, 12:57 PM
We look very much a bottom 6 side which is rediculous. Top is the bare requirement. Hopefully Gauld sparks us to life a bit.

Onceinawhile
17-01-2019, 12:57 PM
7th.

Scottish cup winners.

Europa League winners the year after.

Champions league winners the year after that.

Unfortunately the busy schedule will impact our league performances, but we'll finish top 6 in both those years.

Smartie
17-01-2019, 12:58 PM
I can't see the bottom clubs catching us 15 and 17 points behind tbh.

Sorry - didn't read the question properly (and made hard work of something perfectly simple).

I don't know why, but I thought that the question meant "if the season were to start now, with the slate wiped clean".

I thought all of the suggestions were a bit optimistic.

No, I don't think the teams below us will catch us (maybe one) but we won't nearly threaten top six unless we bring in another 3/4 top players.

bingo70
17-01-2019, 01:00 PM
7th or 8th i think.

I'm not convinced we'll get the players we need to this month and i think the second half of the season will be much the same as the first half of the season. I also have a hunch Lennon will be away at some point and we'll drift along until the end of the season and we can regroup again in the summer. (I've had that hunch for a while to be fair so i should probably just learn to ignore it)

BT58
17-01-2019, 01:02 PM
Depending on who comes in. At least 6th

GreenCastle
17-01-2019, 01:05 PM
Looking at fixtures..I can’t see us finishing higher than 6th. Some tricky away games.

We have seriously been unfortunate this season with injuries plus lack of preparation before the season and I can see the leave finishing..I’m not all doom and gloom but it’s been frustrating as at the same time we aren’t miles away but tok many draws.

Prove me wrong Hibs please...

Celtic,Rangers Aberdeen,hearts or Killie, Hibs

Remaining fixtures..

Motherwell Away
St Mirren Away
Aberdeen Home
Celtic Away
Hamilton Home
Dundee Away
St Johnstone Away
Rangers Home
Motherwell Home
Livingston Away
Kilmarnock Home
Hearts Away

Andy.1875
17-01-2019, 01:07 PM
Still 12 games till the split and hibs are not too far behind Hearts, St Johnstone and Livingston, so hopefully a top 6 finish.

coldingham hibs
17-01-2019, 01:34 PM
Seventh.

blackpoolhibs
17-01-2019, 01:38 PM
Relegated, we are sheite and have no idea from top to bottom on how to run a club.

Thank god i have that off my chest at last.

Juniper Greens
17-01-2019, 01:55 PM
Looking at fixtures..I can’t see us finishing higher than 6th. Some tricky away games.

We have seriously been unfortunate this season with injuries plus lack of preparation before the season and I can see the leave finishing..I’m not all doom and gloom but it’s been frustrating as at the same time we aren’t miles away but tok many draws.

Prove me wrong Hibs please...

Celtic,Rangers Aberdeen,hearts or Killie, Hibs

Remaining fixtures..

Motherwell Away
St Mirren Away
Aberdeen Home
Celtic Away
Hamilton Home
Dundee Away
St Johnstone Away
Rangers Home
Motherwell Home
Livingston Away
Kilmarnock Home
Hearts Away

I can see us winning ten of these...4th
;-)

Borderhibbie76
17-01-2019, 02:02 PM
7th or 8th i think.

I'm not convinced we'll get the players we need to this month and i think the second half of the season will be much the same as the first half of the season. I also have a hunch Lennon will be away at some point and we'll drift along until the end of the season and we can regroup again in the summer. (I've had that hunch for a while to be fair so i should probably just learn to ignore it)Been saying this for a while...I think Lenny won't be here beyond the end of the season At best...had a hunch for a while now that's the case. I also think that's why all the signings this month will probably be short term till end of season

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

H18S NX
17-01-2019, 02:07 PM
9th,not really enthused even if,and it's a big if,we get new players in.

wookie70
17-01-2019, 02:11 PM
7th with current squad.

Diclonius
17-01-2019, 02:14 PM
8th.

The transfer window is showing all the signs of it going the same way as summer and the players we have aren't good enough. A defeat at Tynecastle and no fourth derby at ER (and hence no wins against them this season) will set the fans on Lennon and he'll walk. The leadership remains. Another manager is appointed. Rinse and repeat.

If we sign the players we've been linked with (which won't happen), I'll say 4th-5th.

SRHibs
17-01-2019, 02:16 PM
8th unless we have a ridiculous run of form like we did in the second half of last year. I doubt we can repeat that run, especially if we don't sign some real quality.

It’s not going to take a ridiculous run of form to get us higher than 8th. With a couple more signings I think we’ll finish 5th/6th.

Ronniekirk
17-01-2019, 02:30 PM
Am banking on top six But our position will depend on the Quality of player we bring in and the Squad staying fit Boylevto
My mind is a huge loss and could cost us Fourth and Europe Next Season

Keith_M
17-01-2019, 02:37 PM
6th

.Sean.
17-01-2019, 02:38 PM
2/3 very good signings who'll come straight in and enhance the first XI, we get off to a good start we could get 4th or 5th.

Squad remains as it is and the season will peter out to mid table mediocrity, floating around between 6th - 8th.

Keith_M
17-01-2019, 02:40 PM
Relegated, we are sheite and have no idea from top to bottom on how to run a club.

Thank god i have that off my chest at last.

You've been hiding it well..... but I KNEW you'd crack at some point!

:wink:

B.H.F.C
17-01-2019, 02:56 PM
We need to win against Motherwell and St Mirren to make top six IMO. If we don’t take six points from those games, with Aberdeen and Celtic to follow, I think we’ll leave ourselves too much to do.

Win those two games, get a bit momentum, and it’s that tight up there that we could possibly push on a bit further.

Will be disappointed if we go in to our next league game with only Gauld in, given we’ve lost two and Boyle to injury.

blackpoolhibs
17-01-2019, 02:59 PM
You've been hiding it well..... but I KNEW you'd crack at some point!

:wink:

:greengrin . 5th. :wink:

SChibs
17-01-2019, 04:40 PM
5th

SteveHFC
17-01-2019, 04:44 PM
2nd

PeeJay
17-01-2019, 04:44 PM
On recent form anywhere from 7th downwards - top 6 should have been a certainty and - in this league - we really should be challenging for 3rd place at least with our squad, but ... think we might just scrape into 5th though

Brooster
17-01-2019, 04:55 PM
The current squad on current form will be bottom 6 which will be costly. Our recruitment has to be spot on for next season. Another under par batch of new players could have serious consequences. Scott Allan is a great start. Another 6 or 7 needed.

blackpoolhibs
17-01-2019, 04:58 PM
The current squad on current form will be bottom 6 which will be costly. Our recruitment has to be spot on for next season. Another under par batch of new players could have serious consequences. Scott Allan is a great start. Another 6 or 7 needed.

I think you are going to be disappointed this window, but i'd hope by the summer we'd have the 6 or 7 you are after.

How good they will be is anyones guess. :greengrin

HoboHarry
17-01-2019, 05:02 PM
Hibs to finish fourth, win the Scottish Cup and Chiefs to win the Superbowl - that would be ideal.......

CMurdoch
17-01-2019, 05:22 PM
1st goal is to get into the top 6 before the split.
Then passing Kilmarnock in the final straight to finish 5th.
In the summer we complete our rebuild and get back into the race for 3rd next season.

where'stheslope
17-01-2019, 05:34 PM
I must say I was hoping that Scott Allen would be here for the run in, but as we don't know how much Celtic asked for him with 6 months to go?

Wonder if its the McGinn fiasco coming back to bite us?

Still hope Lennon is out looking for players to bring in!!!

heretoday
17-01-2019, 05:51 PM
5th or 6th

TelaStella
17-01-2019, 05:52 PM
If hearts managed a 6th place finish last season so can we.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jingler1954
17-01-2019, 06:17 PM
If hearts managed a 6th place finish last season so can we.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top without a doubt.

pacoluna
17-01-2019, 06:33 PM
Pessimism.net

Eyrie
17-01-2019, 07:29 PM
Sixth.

Leith Green
17-01-2019, 07:35 PM
5th at best this season. There are more stronger teams than last season to catch and finish above. Id be happy with 5th place after the poor 1st half of the season we had. Hopefully lessons learned and we are far stronger next season

Leith Green
17-01-2019, 07:38 PM
Got to look at who will finish above us. Unfortunately id be amazed if we finish above hearts or aberdeen along with the great unwashed

Sir David Gray
17-01-2019, 10:21 PM
6th.

calumhibee1
17-01-2019, 10:24 PM
Pessimism.net

Not sure about that. Most folk have actually predicted a position higher than our current one. I think people are just being realistic. We’re probably weaker now than we were going into the window yet we’re currently 8th. Hopefully we can get top 6 and challenge for top 4 but previous form and a now weaker squad would suggest that will be difficult.

silverhibee
17-01-2019, 10:27 PM
2nd behind Aberdeen.

ian cruise
17-01-2019, 10:30 PM
Now were about to start the 2nd part of the season, where do you think we will finish?

With all the injuries starting to clear up, I'm expecting top 5-6 at the least!!!

A good cup run and hopefully a few more players before the window closes.

4th.

I know there was another thread that pointed out the points difference between us this season and last season and the fact we had an amazing run from last Jan and ended in the same place as before however the difference between then and now is that last season all the top 4 were barely putting a foot wrong, which made a thrilling end to the season. This season we've arguably an equally exciting league for neutrals but frustrating for fans as every team has been inconsistent, especially ourselves, which is why although we're 8th we're still only a handful of points from the euro places.

It's still all to play for and of anything our good start probably set expectations a little high after the losses we had in the summer but I still believe we recruited well and players are finding their place in the team. A couple of quality signings and a bit of a break and there's no reason we can't go on a strong run, ouur manager has done it with us on more than one occasion.

jacomo
17-01-2019, 10:32 PM
4th.

I know there was another thread that pointed out the ponta difference between us this season and last season and the fact we had an amazing t run from last Jan and ended in the same place ass before however the difference between then and now is that last season all the top 4 were barely putting a door wrong, which made a thrilling end to the season. This season we've arguably an equally exciting league for neutrals but frustrating for fans as every team has been inconsistent, especially ourselves, which is why although we're 8th we're still only a handful of points from the euro places.

It's still all to play for and of anything out good start probably set expectations a little high after the losses we had in the summer but I still believe we recruited well and players are finding their place in the team. A couple of quality signings and a bit of a break and there's no reason we can't go on a strong run, ouur manager has done it with us on more than one occasion.

^ :agree: this

Bishop Hibee
17-01-2019, 10:36 PM
I said 4th at the start of the season. I’ll say 6th now.

basehibby
18-01-2019, 01:24 AM
7th.

Scottish cup winners.

Europa League winners the year after.

Champions league winners the year after that.

Unfortunately the busy schedule will impact our league performances, but we'll finish top 6 in both those years.

Give me one of what he's having barman!:cheers:

I'll predict 5th though - I think Gauld will prove a good signing and we may even get Allan in early to add further to our creative options in the middle :pray:

I also think we'll reinforce up front (Cummings?) a new keeper and a winger will be signed - and probably a defender. We need these signings and I think they will be addressed. But then I'm an optimist - unlike some folk who think we'll just finish 7th.... :rolleyes:

pacoluna
18-01-2019, 06:47 AM
Not sure about that. Most folk have actually predicted a position higher than our current one. I think people are just being realistic. We’re probably weaker now than we were going into the window yet we’re currently 8th. Hopefully we can get top 6 and challenge for top 4 but previous form and a now weaker squad would suggest that will be difficult.

We've had a poor 1st half of season, that will be rectified if not by players coming in then by the return of injured players and a reality check/return to form aswell as the thought of Lennon given them a boot up the arse. We won't finish 7th we certainly won't finish 8th and will definitely finish top 6.

Phil MaGlass
18-01-2019, 07:11 AM
4th

MacGruber
18-01-2019, 07:15 AM
We need a really good window to kick on. We were needing 3 or 4 before losing Efe and Boyle. Need a striker and box to box midfielder before anything else. Need to see how the window pans out as so far only brought 1 in who is neither a striker or box to bix midfielder.
There's still time in the window though and Allan would be a great addition if we can get him. Don't know about the finishing position but would say currently bottom 6, the right signings top 6 and pushing for Euro place

B.H.F.C
18-01-2019, 07:30 AM
We've had a poor 1st half of season, that will be rectified if not by players coming in then by the return of injured players and a reality check/return to form aswell as the thought of Lennon given them a boot up the arse. We won't finish 7th we certainly won't finish 8th and will definitely finish top 6.

As it stands I don’t think there are any guarantees of top six.

Gray and Hanlon being available every week improves us. We aren’t waiting on many others coming back that really improve us IMO. And you can offset their return against the loss of Ambrose and Boyle.

Signings should improve us but we don’t know when they’re going to be in, available etc.

Five points off sixth, with St Johnstone, having played a game less gives us a bit of work to do. We need to get off to a flyer and win the two games we have next week. St Johnstone play Livi and Hearts, that’s the three teams directly above us, so points will be dropped and we need to take advantage of it.

Steve20
18-01-2019, 08:16 AM
7th. We've left ourselves with too much work needing to be done.

However, if we bring in 3/4 decent players before the end of the window (Scott Allan this window, a striker, a winger and maybe a centre half), there's no reason why we can't go far in the Scottish Cup. The cup is what we have left to play for.

makaveli1875
18-01-2019, 08:19 AM
It will depend how quickly Ryan Gauld gets into his stride and how good he is , if he really is the Scottish Messi then 4th or 5th . if he turns out to be the Scottish Hyndman then 7th or 8th

pacoluna
18-01-2019, 08:51 AM
As it stands I don’t think there are any guarantees of top six.

Gray and Hanlon being available every week improves us. We aren’t waiting on many others coming back that really improve us IMO. And you can offset their return against the loss of Ambrose and Boyle.

Signings should improve us but we don’t know when they’re going to be in, available etc.

Five points off sixth, with St Johnstone, having played a game less gives us a bit of work to do. We need to get off to a flyer and win the two games we have next week. St Johnstone play Livi and Hearts, that’s the three teams directly above us, so points will be dropped and we need to take advantage of it.

Best game we've played this season was against Celtic without Boyle, he's not kicked a ball since the Australia hype.

Wakeyhibee
18-01-2019, 09:22 AM
Can we get 6th before the break? I think we can but realistically I think 5th or 6th is where we'll end up after that.

calumhibee1
18-01-2019, 10:10 AM
Can we get 6th before the break? I think we can but realistically I think 5th or 6th is where we'll end up after that.

12 games left so 36 points to play for. 5 point gap with St Johnstone also having a game in hand and Livi also in the mix above us. It’s definitely possible but it depends on our signings. If we don’t add some more real quality this window then I think we’ll struggle to close that gap.

Eyrie
18-01-2019, 05:36 PM
St Johnstone's game in hand is against Celtc, so there's no guarantee they'll get anything out of that game.