PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: SUPPORTER REPRESENTATIVE DIRECTOR ELECTION 2019

RSS Bot
15-01-2019, 12:00 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/9620)

Heckys Wheel
15-01-2019, 12:13 PM
Very strange set of affairs.

Basically, Tracey has requested to stay on for another 2 years without needing to be re-elected and the board have agreed.

Why bother about the election for the second rep. In fact, why bother at all? The whole thing seems to be more and more ridiculous.

CropleyWasGod
15-01-2019, 12:17 PM

Basically, Tracey has requested to stay on for another 2 years without needing to be re-elected and the board have agreed.

Why bother about the election for the second rep. In fact, why bother at all? The whole thing seems to be more and more ridiculous.

She's agreed to stay on for 1 year. At that point, she will step down. That will achieve the annual one-in/one-out rotation that the Board are aiming for.

Carheenlea
15-01-2019, 12:20 PM

It’s just been extended by one year to allow for continuity, and we will now have elections for one position annually. Be interesting to see how much interest there will be in this given that the roles attract huge amounts of criticism and very little praise. Those without a thick skin need not apply!

WhileTheChief..
15-01-2019, 12:22 PM
I’ve never seen the point in these fans directors but I guess if the board feel that there’s value to it then fair enough.

It would be good if the board actually told us what’s been achieved or what the point of having them is though.

Once again we’ll have a few folk make promises about what they want to do, then once elected we’ll rarely hear a peep out of them!

Forza Fred
15-01-2019, 12:24 PM
Is Frank nominating for election again, or is he standing down.

Anyone know?

Argylehibby
15-01-2019, 12:24 PM

Ignoring the debate on whether there should be fans reps on the board at all it makes sense to stagger the appointments as it provides continuity rather than both getting voted off and there being no hand-over to the new directors.

Beefster
15-01-2019, 12:25 PM
Is Frank nominating for election again, or is he standing down.

Anyone know?

Article suggested standing down but I suppose that doesn't stop him standing again.

JimBHibees
15-01-2019, 12:26 PM
Ignoring the debate on whether there should be fans reps on the board at all it makes sense to stagger the appointments as it provides continuity rather than both getting voted off and there being no hand-over to the new directors.

Agree seems sensible.

Heckys Wheel
15-01-2019, 12:35 PM
She's agreed to stay on for 1 year. At that point, she will step down. That will achieve the annual one-in/one-out rotation that the Board are aiming for.

That does make sense. The role itself however.... 🤔

Kojock
15-01-2019, 12:37 PM

You should go for it mate.

The 90+2
15-01-2019, 12:50 PM
You should go for it mate.

Done in the correct manor, surely this website could provide the rep?

Diclonius
15-01-2019, 12:52 PM

Sounds good. hibs.net conducts a nomination amongst members and our candidate goes forward as the hibs.net rep/endorsement.

matty_f
15-01-2019, 12:53 PM

Yeah, that would seem sensible to avoid two folk starting brand new every time.

I still think that the title is mis-leading, it's impossible to represent the support but calling them supporter appointed directors would be more appropriate I think.

Can see Hibs getting flak already on twitter for this, which I don't think is fair. Just shows how much of a no-win role this is.

JXM73
15-01-2019, 12:56 PM
I promise to get the pies sorted and chips available on a saturday....vote for me...

Forza Fred
15-01-2019, 12:58 PM
Yeah, that would seem sensible to avoid two folk starting brand new every time.

I still think that the title is mis-leading, it's impossible to represent the support but calling them supporter appointed directors would be more appropriate I think.

Can see Hibs getting flak already on twitter for this, which I don't think is fair. Just shows how much of a no-win role this is.

Agree with this.

You get 10 fervent supporters, with the best intentions, in a room, and it is likely they will have numerous disagreements!

Given the need for boardroom solidarity, it is impossible for them to consistently argue against ‘the establishment’ board....as they are part of it.

MartinfaePorty
15-01-2019, 01:10 PM
Agree with this.

You get 10 fervent supporters, with the best intentions, in a room, and it is likely they will have numerous disagreements!

Given the need for boardroom solidarity, it is impossible for them to consistently argue against ‘the establishment’ board....as they are part of it.

Yep, agree 100%. Feel sorry for Frank, as he lives and breathes Hibs, but not sure he would get re-elected, if he did stand again, as think there'll be agitation for a 'new face'.

The 90+2
15-01-2019, 01:16 PM
Sounds good. hibs.net conducts a nomination amongst members and our candidate goes forward as the hibs.net rep/endorsement.

Yep. Surely in this day and age its a sensible way forward too?

Forza Fred
15-01-2019, 01:20 PM

Except that there are thousands of supporters who are not members of this forum.

Danderhall Hibs
15-01-2019, 01:22 PM
Except that there are thousands of supporters who are not members of this forum.

They can vote on someone else then? Or join the forum.

matty_f
15-01-2019, 01:25 PM

I'm not sure I agree with that. I don't think it helps whoever is elected if they've been put forward as a respresentative of a particular segment of the support.

There are plenty of people out there who don't like hibs.net (I know, I've read the mean comments on twitter :greengrin ) and even if the candidate was elected, they'd have another hurdle to overcome with the association with the site.

We're also an independent site, and I think that putting forward a 'hibs.net nominee' to sit on the board would compromise that independence to a degree, at least in the eyes of some folk who already think that the admins are board plants or that anti-board views are somehow surpressed/deleted etc.

It's a nice thought, but I think it causes more problems than it solves.

There's nothing to stop someone canvassing on here for election though, we do have a large user base and getting support from other .netters would definitely help (though I imagine our usership is a fraction of the voter population, so it might not have that much of an impact).

CMurdoch
15-01-2019, 01:27 PM
People expect too much from those appointed to this non paid role.
The real directors were never and will never let them take the club in a direction they don't want and neither should they.
All negative issues relate to the over egging of the role title and job description combined with the naivety of the critics.

Both folk appointed have done lots of good things to help individual supporters and those folks would tell you how much they valued their help.
I applaud both reps who are doing what they do solely out of a love of Hibs and their fellow supporters.
Shame on those giving Frank & Tracy a hard time.

As the optician says, better with or .... better without.

matty_f
15-01-2019, 01:40 PM
People expect too much from those appointed to this non paid role.
The real directors were never and will never let them take the club in a direction they don't want and neither should they.
All negative issues relate to the over egging of the role title and job description combined with the naivety of the critics.

Both folk appointed have done lots of good things to help individual supporters and those folks would tell you how much they valued their help.
I applaud both reps who are doing what they do solely out of a love of Hibs and their fellow supporters.
Shame on those giving Frank & Tracy a hard time.

As the optician says, better with or .... better without.

I think that's the perception but I don't know how it stacks up against the reality. The appointed reps are treated the same as existing directors and their votes all hold the same value.

They are considered real directors, as they should be.

Of course, there will always be the cynics that think it's a token gesture, and I don't think whoever is in the role will ever get away from that perception.

SteveHFC
15-01-2019, 01:48 PM
Vote for me and I’ll bring Leigh griffiths back.

marinello59
15-01-2019, 01:48 PM

I dont see now that could work. We provide a platform for all Hibs supporters here. If there is an election of fans to the board then it would only be right that every candidate got treated the same on here.

marinello59
15-01-2019, 01:52 PM
Id rather see the roles in their current form binned and as another poster suggested elsewhere, replace them with Union style reps acting more visibly outside the boardroom.

cleanyman
15-01-2019, 01:52 PM
I could be the Hibs.net candidate

Bostonhibby
15-01-2019, 02:00 PM
Id rather see the roles in their current form binned and as another poster suggested elsewhere, replace them with Union style reps acting more visibly outside the boardroom.As a supporter of the original concept this is where I am now as well.

Decent experiment but directors board accountabilities make transparency impossible, rightly.

A lot of the good work done could be have been done by the right supporters reps irrespective of seats on the board. The issue would then be what board info aren't the reps getting?

Might not make a lot of difference to the majority of us since collective responsibility and directors accountability means we don't hear or have a meaningful say anyway.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Bostonhibby
15-01-2019, 02:03 PM
I could be the Hibs.net candidateOur very own Donald Trump? [emoji6]

Tell us about your pledges then. Personally I want to see the Gorgie wall built and an ill defined and unfunded pledge to make Hibs "great again".

Hibernia&Alba
15-01-2019, 02:03 PM
Vote for me and I’ll bring Leigh griffiths back.
:hyper

Forza Fred
15-01-2019, 02:35 PM
The position should be called Supporters Liaison Delegate or similar with the remit to advocate at Board level for initiatives that the fans want.....with the understanding that it might be contrary to current board policy.

That way, the rep is serving the wishes of the fans...at the moment they must be part of the board consensus.

Not every item brought to the board, would get up obviously, but at least an explanation would be forthcoming why the board saw fit not to implement it

The Modfather
15-01-2019, 02:57 PM

Would the Hibs.net rep post updates on here or would they leave that to Tracey? :devil:

Radium
15-01-2019, 03:25 PM
Trying to remember how many people actually voted the last time around. Sure it was less than 2,000.

Reason for going in this direction is that it means that a Hibs.net candidate is not such a long shot.

Personal view is similar to others in that I think a SLO/ Rep role is not consistent with being on the board. Too often the reps have found themselves getting pelters for the clubs decisions or inaction when they are caught by collective responsibility. They need to be free to express fans concerns.

Don’t see myself voting unless their is a real walloper of a candidate [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kojock
15-01-2019, 03:42 PM
It's a thankless task one which I would never undertake, imagine going to every game and having folk constantly moan at you. Mind you it would help you understand how some of our players feel lol

Brightside
15-01-2019, 03:44 PM
As others have said its a thankless task and i really wonder why we bother with it.

Forza Fred
15-01-2019, 03:51 PM
As others have said its a thankless task and i really wonder why we bother with it.

For the honour of being on the board?

Brightside
15-01-2019, 03:54 PM

I meant why we bother having supporters reps now.

Hibernia&Alba
15-01-2019, 03:55 PM
I'm not sure I agree with that. I don't think it helps whoever is elected if they've been put forward as a respresentative of a particular segment of the support.

There are plenty of people out there who don't like hibs.net (I know, I've read the mean comments on twitter :greengrin ) and even if the candidate was elected, they'd have another hurdle to overcome with the association with the site.

We're also an independent site, and I think that putting forward a 'hibs.net nominee' to sit on the board would compromise that independence to a degree, at least in the eyes of some folk who already think that the admins are board plants or that anti-board views are somehow surpressed/deleted etc.

There's nothing to stop someone canvassing on here for election though, we do have a large user base and getting support from other .netters would definitely help (though I imagine our usership is a fraction of the voter population, so it might not have that much of an impact).

Yes, a .net nominee would open a can of worms in terms of accusations of sectionalism. Would The Bounce also put up a candidate? There are a number of excellent posters on here who would make excellent representatives, but I think they should go forward in their own right, free from accusations of merely being a delegate of .net.

Kojock
15-01-2019, 03:58 PM
Yes, a .net nominee would open a can of worms in terms of accusations of sectionalism. Would The Bounce also put up a candidate? There are a number of excellent posters on here who would make excellent representatives, but I think they should go forward in their right, free from accusations of merely being a delegate of .net.

I propose Hermit Crab any seconders???

Kojock
15-01-2019, 04:02 PM

So folk are doing it out of self interest rather than the interests of the supporters?

Hibernia&Alba
15-01-2019, 04:08 PM
I propose Hermit Crab any seconders???

He'd certainly hold them to account. In fact they wouldn't get a moment's peace :greengrin

Lots of good folk on here who would be a credit to the board. Of course you could put me in there: I would expropriate Sir Tim Farmer's shares, along with those of other shareholders, and immediately convert the club into a community asset, with all season ticket holders voting on the direction of the club. Free entry for kids and those on benefits, subsidised food kiosks, and the helipad :wink:

Of course the accountants would have me assassinated, but it would be fun whilst it lasted.

Pretty Boy
15-01-2019, 04:13 PM
I'm a bit torn on the whole fans reps thing. On the one hand those who have served have done an admirable job in trying circumstances. Added to that I can't be bothered with folk who moan about stuff but never actually step up and try to change things.

On the flip side I'm not convinced being on the board and being bound by the same terms of confidentiality as other board members and being expected to work within the conventions of how boards operate (eg a unanimous front when a decision is made) is the best way to provide the communication and voice many fans want. I think a total rethink of the role in the medium term is worth consideration.

Last Minute
15-01-2019, 04:44 PM
Nothing personal against Frank or Tracy but you don't hear anything back and don't see the point in it at all. Nothing ever gets done if you ask.

WhileTheChief..
15-01-2019, 04:51 PM
So folk are doing it out of self interest rather than the interests of the supporters?

I think so, yeah.

cabbageandribs1875
15-01-2019, 04:52 PM
Would the Hibs.net rep post updates on here or would they leave that to Tracey? :devil:

aww that's not fair, frank did make his acceptance speech on here the last time around whilst promising to visit more often....then was never heard of again so i was looking forward to a pre-election post this time...promising a visit more often...honest

:)

Hibernia&Alba
15-01-2019, 04:54 PM
I think so, yeah.

Very cynical view there. You don't know what their motives are. I would guess that most folk who put themselves forward do so with the best intentions.

SRHibs
15-01-2019, 04:58 PM

Maybe, but if we segmented the entire support into groups, it would be likely that Hibs.net is the biggest community within Hibs supporters. It's also just a nominee for Hibs.net, and not a guarantee that that person will be a fan rep. The online presence of both reps is still awful, and I definitely don't get the feeling that they are representing the fans in any way.

matty_f
15-01-2019, 05:06 PM
I'm a bit torn on the whole fans reps thing. On the one hand those who have served have done an admirable job in trying circumstances. Added to that I can't be bothered with folk who moan about stuff but never actually step up and try to change things.

On the flip side I'm not convinced being on the board and being bound by the same terms of confidentiality as other board members and being expected to work within the conventions of how boards operate (eg a unanimous front when a decision is made) is the best way to provide the communication and voice many fans want. I think a total rethink of the role in the medium term is worth consideration.

I think the principle is good, it's the expectations that are out of line with the role, though.

When the fans' reps are elected it should be on the understanding that they're there to act in the interests of the support as well as the club, rather than a liason officer (which I think we have already in Colin Millar, unless that's no longer the case?).

I view the role as being there to listen to feedback from the support and have a voice in the boardroom on the running of the club, as well as contributing to delivering what was agreed.

Communication is key but at the same time I never expected the reps to be giving us minutes of meetings or what they'd been up to - I did expect updates though, giving a broad idea of what had been delivered etc.

It's the same with the idea behind HSL having a director on the board at the club, they will represent HSL's members but will be trusted to act on their behalf, that's the only way it can work IMHO. Otherwise nothing would get done.

H18S NX
15-01-2019, 05:13 PM
Genuine question...Has anything ever been achieved by supporters reps?

BILLYHIBS
15-01-2019, 05:15 PM
I for one cannot wait for the next round of telephone/keyboard roulette for the upcoming away fixture at Tinycastle :grr:

I am away for a lie doon just thinking aboot it!

:brickwall

WhileTheChief..
15-01-2019, 05:17 PM
The reps themselves set the expectations.

Remember the video of them all outlining what they would bring to the club? How they would help with communication etc.

Then we had their statements seeking election with further pledges and aims.

And what did we get? I really don’t know to be honest.

And if we don’t know what they do why would we vote for them again?

blackpoolhibs
15-01-2019, 05:22 PM
Fans reps should be all about communication, both campaigned on that and promised us they'd use social media to engage with the fans.

Apart from when they wanted people to vote for them, and a few odd posts from Tracey, that was just a lot of hot air.

I feel the whole thing is a box ticking exercise, and is nothing like a fans rep more of just another couple of dogsbodies to help the board do some of the mundane work.

CMurdoch
15-01-2019, 05:34 PM
Being on the board allows both reps to be kept on a very short leish on all but the most trivial matters whilst appearing to give the supporters representation at board level.
Very clever is that Leanne lassie.
Imagine some of the bams on here getting elected. She would have them/the role kicked into touch, diplomatically of course, not long after the demands were rolled out.
HSL is the route for a meaningful board member for the supporters but they would still face collective responsibility.

Peevemor
15-01-2019, 06:57 PM
Being on the board allows both reps to be kept on a very short leish on all but the most trivial matters whilst appearing to give the supporters representation at board level.
Very clever is that Leanne lassie.
Imagine some of the bams on here getting elected. She would have them/the role kicked into touch, diplomatically of course, not long after the demands were rolled out.
HSL is the route for a meaningful board member for the supporters but they would still face collective responsibility.Until such time that STF/RP become minority shareholders, HSL's representative(s) on the Hibs board will have no more clout than the current fans' reps. And all board members have the same obligations in terms of confidentiality.

hibbymick
15-01-2019, 07:58 PM
Fans reps should be all about communication, both campaigned on that and promised us they'd use social media to engage with the fans.

Apart from when they wanted people to vote for them, and a few odd posts from Tracey, that was just a lot of hot air.

I feel the whole thing is a box ticking exercise, and is nothing like a fans rep more of just another couple of dogsbodies to help the board do some of the mundane work.

I would vote for you if you fancy taking the plunge. Board jollys down to Churchills would go down a treat and that back passage of yours would certainly clear the weak and faint hearted out the board room. :wink:

Skol
15-01-2019, 08:07 PM
The fans reps are well intentioned but have failed miserably on communication, despite their promises to secure our votes. I also remain to be convinced that they do a good job, but its hard to know when there is so little communication.

I do suspect that this is in some part down to their hands being tied once in post which doesnt help.

I would prefer to also have an option to elect no-one !

cleanyman
15-01-2019, 08:08 PM
I've voted in the last two.

I'm not voting this time. To be fair to them they do this for free but you never hear from them.

blackpoolhibs
15-01-2019, 08:10 PM
I would vote for you if you fancy taking the plunge. Board jollys down to Churchills would go down a treat and that back passage of yours would certainly clear the weak and faint hearted out the board room. :wink:

:greengrin I'm in, i can easily make promises i have no intention of keeping.

Johnny Clash
15-01-2019, 08:17 PM
We have eight Board of Directors. Leeann Dempster, Chief Executive, Rod Petrie, Chairman

Brian G Houston, Amanda Jones, Bruce Langham, Stephen Dunn,Frank Dougan and Tracey Smith - ALL Directors.

Only two are elected - which if anything gives those two a bit of a mandate, albeit not perfect.

I have read nothing that says the two elected representatives should be treated less than those who are not elected so I think its safe to assume that everyone's opinion should be of equal value.

So in the event of a difference of opinion - such as letting the Rangers off the hook with their cheating- there's nothing wrong with a democratic vote that could have gone 6 - 2.

Once you lose a position you then rally around the majority decision which in effect becomes 'policy'- I get that. However there is nothing to say all Directors must vote in accordance with Rod/Leeann. Not all decisions have to be unanimous. If the power of argument from Frank and Tracey convinced another three directors to support them then I'd expect the Board to unite behind that majority decision.

HUTCHYHIBBY
15-01-2019, 08:18 PM

I was in Churchills a few hours ago, makes The Marksman look like The Dome! ☺

Eyrie
15-01-2019, 08:51 PM
:greengrin I'm in, i can easily make promises i have no intention of keeping.

You're a born politician then.

I'll second hibbymick's nomination :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
15-01-2019, 08:53 PM
You're a born politician then.

I'll second hibbymick's nomination :greengrin

Cheers, its a piece of pish, while i'm at it i will sort out brexit in my spare time. :wink:

oldbutdim
15-01-2019, 09:11 PM

That's the only reason I'd do it.

And the foreign trips. Bloody Faroes cost a fortune, so did Norway, and I wouldn't have been booted off the plane to Greece.
:thumbsup:

hibbymick
15-01-2019, 10:52 PM
I was in Churchills a few hours ago, makes The Marksman look like The Dome! ☺

:greengrin:greengrin You were meant to keep the sunglasses on.

andyf5
15-01-2019, 11:00 PM
I've voted in the last two.

I'm not voting this time. To be fair to them they do this for free but you never hear from them.

They both do a lot for hibs in their own time so respect from me. I have dealt with Tracey a few times and she responds very quickly and posts on here. I think the role is worthwhile, communicating grass root views and challenging the board. They do not reflect everyone's view as we have many different ones

Not clear why they put up with the hassle - for free.

The 90+2
15-01-2019, 11:05 PM

For they reasons it makes sense.

👍

Gloucester Hibs
16-01-2019, 04:29 AM
Should do away with the roles, it’s not worked. “Let’s Move On”-gate and the subsequent disappearing from sight for weeks while they got their ducks in a row was the final nail in the coffin for me. Board Reps to the Fans.

scotia44
16-01-2019, 07:28 AM
What if the outcome of the vote is not one we like 😈😈

cabbageandribs1875
16-01-2019, 07:43 AM
What if the outcome of the vote is not one we like ����

votes of no confidence will be called until we get the result we want

:)

G15 Hibs
16-01-2019, 08:56 AM
What if the outcome of the vote is not one we like 😈😈

We demand a People's Vote

bigwheel
16-01-2019, 09:10 AM
I'm going to go against the grain a bit here and say that I like the roles of the fans reps. I see lots of areas where it has improved the connection between fans and the club and vice versa. Frank and Tracey are very accessible to fans on any topics. I've seen this at matches, via this forum and social media. Many fans have active chats about topics that are important to them. Some of the work connecting fans with the club in occasions of ill-health, (for example) have been inspirational on occasions. I also have confidence that the general voice of the fans will be better represented around the board table than without them being there. Just because we don't like all of the club/board decisions, doesn't;t mean the fans voice isn't being put into the mix.

I'm not saying that the roles have maximised their impact. For me, there is still a lack of broader communication and updates from the reps, which was promised, and hasn't materialised. A topic that could be easily addressed with some regular updates and/or podcasts.

For me though, we would be worse off without the roles. I hope they continue. I'll certainly continue to be supportive of those committing time to bridge the club with the fans.

Swedish hibee
16-01-2019, 11:34 AM
I read posts from Tracy alot on here. A few of you are being very unfair.

Peevemor
16-01-2019, 11:44 AM

:agree:

Last Minute
16-01-2019, 11:46 AM

But where is Frank :confused:

matty_f
16-01-2019, 11:48 AM
I'm going to go against the grain a bit here and say that I like the roles of the fans reps. I see lots of areas where it has improved the connection between fans and the club and vice versa. Frank and Tracey are very accessible to fans on any topics. I've seen this at matches, via this forum and social media. Many fans have active chats about topics that are important to them. Some of the work connecting fans with the club in occasions of ill-health, (for example) have been inspirational on occasions. I also have confidence that the general voice of the fans will be better represented around the board table than without them being there. Just because we don't like all of the club/board decisions, doesn't;t mean the fans voice isn't being put into the mix.

I'm not saying that the roles have maximised their impact. For me, there is still a lack of broader communication and updates from the reps, which was promised, and hasn't materialised. A topic that could be easily addressed with some regular updates and/or podcasts.

For me though, we would be worse off without the roles. I hope they continue. I'll certainly continue to be supportive of those committing time to bridge the club with the fans.

I completely agree with this.

Part of the problem is that a lot of people, as they do with a lot of things, shout about the faults and folk being puppets etc without a single she'd of evidence to support the view.

Perception is reality for people, and someone who thinks that the board members we've elected are just puppets won't be convinced otherwise, no matter what they're told to the contrary.

Pretty Boy
16-01-2019, 12:14 PM
Would there be merit in having a fans committee/group who almost do the legwork and speak to the fans directly and independently? They could liase with the Facebook groups, here and the Bounce, be on Twitter, in Sunnyside, in BTG and be clearly visible at games. They could then relay concerns, opinions, ideas to the fans reps who could take it to the board as appropriate.

I'm always wary of suggesting committees and the like as it all gets a bit blazerish. However a group of 5 or 6 fans who are independent of the club and board but work with them and have an avenue to get a point across has potential imo. The group could assess how often the same issues are arising and filter out stuff that is just a personal gripe for 1 or 2 people.

matty_f
16-01-2019, 01:04 PM
Would there be merit in having a fans committee/group who almost do the legwork and speak to the fans directly and independently? They could liase with the Facebook groups, here and the Bounce, be on Twitter, in Sunnyside, in BTG and be clearly visible at games. They could then relay concerns, opinions, ideas to the fans reps who could take it to the board as appropriate.

I'm always wary of suggesting committees and the like as it all gets a bit blazerish. However a group of 5 or 6 fans who are independent of the club and board but work with them and have an avenue to get a point across has potential imo. The group could assess how often the same issues are arising and filter out stuff that is just a personal gripe for 1 or 2 people.

There could be something in that. I would have thought that would have come under the remit of the Supporter Liason Officer, I'm not sure if that role still exists because Colin was promoted a couple of times since doing that - does anyone know?

GORDONSMITH7
16-01-2019, 01:24 PM
The word on the street is that that Big Frank is not happy and feels that he has been stitched up like a kipper.

BIG G

Allant1981
16-01-2019, 01:28 PM
The word on the street is that that Big Frank is not happy and feels that he has been stitched up like a kipper.

BIG G

Stitched up about what?

cabbageandribs1875
16-01-2019, 01:35 PM
But where is Frank :confused:

turns out he lied in his .net manifesto unfortunately

but i'd still probably vote for him again...i think :)

CapitalGreen
16-01-2019, 01:37 PM

BIG G

Surely he didn't expect this particular gravy train to continue for ever?

Peevemor
16-01-2019, 01:47 PM

BIG G

His mandate was finished anyway. If he wants to continue then he can stand for election again (unless I'm mistaken). Nothing changes for him from what I can see.

matty_f
16-01-2019, 01:54 PM

BIG G

What's the story there?

Forza Fred
16-01-2019, 02:16 PM
turns out he lied in his .net manifesto unfortunately

About what, pray enlighten?

cabbageandribs1875
16-01-2019, 02:26 PM
About what, pray enlighten?

well, seeing as you've prayed for enlightenment, his .net pre-election promise was thus; he would make the effort to use his lack of technical knowledge to post on .net more often if elected, when he got elected he made his thank you acceptance post, then disappeared forever, tracey instead posted 2 or 3 posts signing them off with 'tracey and frank' or vice versa, then reverted to quite rightly just signing off for herself....are you enlightened enough yet ? although there's really not much more to say on that topic, the promise only lasted one post iirc.

and todays moral point is...don't make election promises you've no intentions of keeping, that's what some politicians do :)

Forza Fred
16-01-2019, 02:30 PM
well, seeing as you've prayed for enlightenment, his .net pre-election promise was thus; he would make the effort to use his lack of technical knowledge to post on .net more often if elected, when he got elected he made his thank you acceptance post, then disappeared forever, tracey instead posted 2 or 3 posts signing them off with 'tracey and frank' or vice versa, then reverted to quite rightly just signing off for herself....are you enlightened enough yet ? although there's really not much more to say on that topic, the promise only lasted one post iirc

I am enlightened sufficiently now.

cabbageandribs1875
16-01-2019, 02:32 PM
I am enlightened sufficiently now.

:thumbsup:

Beefster
16-01-2019, 05:01 PM
If folk are getting pissed off at having to leave the board after four years as a supporter representative, maybe reps need to be restricted to one term.

Jack
16-01-2019, 05:15 PM

Is that not pretty much what Working Together was? Although these groups were able to sent their own rep along. More often than not all manner of directors were there to field questions and chat about current Hibs affairs.

I thought it worked rather well.

Chuck Rhoades
16-01-2019, 08:01 PM

It exists. It’s called “Let’s Work Together”. Which is another talking shop.

andyf5
16-01-2019, 08:58 PM
It exists. It’s called “Let’s Work Together”. Which is another talking shop.

Have you been to one and if so how would you like it to change?

matty_f
16-01-2019, 09:28 PM
Have you been to one and if so how would you like it to change?

Ross has definitely been to them.

Pretty Boy
16-01-2019, 09:46 PM
Is that not pretty much what Working Together was? Although these groups were able to sent their own rep along. More often than not all manner of directors were there to field questions and chat about current Hibs affairs.

I thought it worked rather well.

Is WT still a thing? It seems a lot less visible than it once was.

Danderhall Hibs
16-01-2019, 11:04 PM
Is WT still a thing? It seems a lot less visible than it once was.

Yes - I got an email today. They’re trying to arrange a date for the next meeting about stadium decorations. I say they but the email came from Tracey.

matty_f
17-01-2019, 12:27 AM
Yes - I got an email today. They’re trying to arrange a date for the next meeting about stadium decorations. I say they but the email came from Tracey.

I used to go regularly to the meetings but I've not had an email about them for ages.

Skol
17-01-2019, 05:54 AM
I used to go regularly to the meetings but I've not had an email about them for ages.

I’ve never had an email about them. Should in theory be an east communication win.

Hermit Crab
17-01-2019, 06:45 AM
I'm standing, a stick to get voted in. :agree:

C Feeney-Seale
18-01-2019, 05:23 PM
I promised if I was elected to engage more on here, but I wasn’t. I've continued to read the forums, but have been careful not to step on Frank or Tracey’s toes - I'm not going to try to subvert them or force my way in.

If I stand again and get elected hopefully I can further improve communication as I do think progress has been made over the past two years.

Pete
18-01-2019, 05:33 PM
I'm standing, a stick to get voted in. :agree:

Why would we want a Jambo on our board?

Skol
18-01-2019, 07:58 PM
I promised if I was elected to engage more on here, but I wasn’t. I've continued to read the forums, but have been careful not to step on Frank or Tracey’s toes - I'm not going to try to subvert them or force my way in.

If I stand again and get elected hopefully I can further improve communication as I do think progress has been made over the past two years.

Tracy campaigned on a similar ticket while Frank promised to be better. In my view both have failed miserably on their promise.

I see talk of a Working Together e-mail. I didnt get one despite the club having my e-mail. There is some basic stuff here getting missed.

C Feeney-Seale
18-01-2019, 08:07 PM
Tracy campaigned on a similar ticket while Frank promised to be better. In my view both have failed miserably on their promise.

I see talk of a Working Together e-mail. I didnt get one despite the club having my e-mail. There is some basic stuff here getting missed.

I believe the working together emails only go to those that have attended the meetings. Although I do think the club need to better advertise these so new members can come along. I’m sure Tracey will happily add you to the mailing list.

The next gathering is likely to take place on Tuesday during the day to talk about stadium decorations. The date hasn’t been confirmed, but as far as I can tell this has only been communicated to the email group.

Skol
18-01-2019, 08:10 PM
I believe the working together emails only go to those that have attended the meetings. Although I do think the club need to better advertise these so new members can come along. I’m sure Tracey will happily add you to the mailing list.

The next gathering is likely to take place on Tuesday during the day to talk about stadium decorations. The date hasn’t been confirmed, but as far as I can tell this has only been communicated to the email group.

Thats kind of my point though, I shouldnt have to seek these out.

Tuesday during the say restricts the available attendees.

C Feeney-Seale
18-01-2019, 08:17 PM
Thats kind of my point though, I shouldnt have to seek these out.

Tuesday during the say restricts the available attendees.

Yes I agree. We should be doing more to promote these sort of things. I’m not involved in the decision making, but I do know that there are options offered for when these meetings are scheduled to try and find the most convenient times. Obviously, no time works for everyone, but if we could communicate better so that more people know in the first place, and then make sure the meeting times are varied so that everyone who wants to attend has a good chance of being able to make at least one meeting, then we’d be able to get more fans views heard.

Sharing the emails with anyone who was interested would also mean that fans who couldn’t attend could react to the discussion and share their ideas.

truehibernian
18-01-2019, 08:41 PM
Yes I agree. We should be doing more to promote these sort of things. I’m not involved in the decision making, but I do know that there are options offered for when these meetings are scheduled to try and find the most convenient times. Obviously, no time works for everyone, but if we could communicate better so that more people know in the first place, and then make sure the meeting times are varied so that everyone who wants to attend has a good chance of being able to make at least one meeting, then we’d be able to get more fans views heard.

Sharing the emails with anyone who was interested would also mean that fans who couldn’t attend could react to the discussion and share their ideas.

Would it not be possible for .net and the bounce to create sub-forums for the fans reps ?

That way at least there would be a platform for supporters to dip into (and out) and offer feedback ? Both sites have fantastic admins and moderators and can weed out anything that goes beyond what the forum would seek to achieve - constructive feedback from fans (admittedly a section of support that use both sites) that the reps could read, reflect on, answer if appropriate, and take forward to the club if there was a groundswell of opinion...........for example catering at the club (which is awful and over-priced), the distinct lack of promotional work being done since Tom moved on, and to feed back the good, positive stuff the club are doing and should be promoted more on social media (the work Suzy does, etc.)...........the club seem to have fallen back into the bad old days of not really connecting (in my opinion)........the short films and video campaigns were excellent and capitalised on the feel good factor........the reps need to really impress on the board that these campaigns worked.......I would hope most fans would be civil and not use that kind of sub-portal to vent after bad results or lack of signings, etc, but more put forward the pros and cons of the fan experience home and away ?

Communication is vital and the reps don't seem to have (or use) an adequate platform or portal to engage 'real time' - email is a cop out for me and takes too long - the virtual and 'fast' world we live in means people want to moan quickly and are impatient at delayed responses :greengrin in all seriousness, the reps need their own 'forum' for supporters to contribute towards so they can take forward the views of a significant number of fans.

And bring back Tom Zanelli :aok::greengrin that's my main moan !!!

trev the hat
18-01-2019, 08:56 PM
[QUOTE=C Feeney-Seale;5667654]I promised if I was elected to engage more on here, but I wasn’t. I've continued to read the forums, but have been careful not to step on Frank or Tracey’s toes - I'm not going to try to subvert them or force my way in.

I spoke to you while you were campaigning last time in the Hibs club & I was impressed with your approach.
I’m not however convinced the roles benefit the fans as much as they should.
Personally I’d like to see two HSA nominated members elected so they were accountable to their respective branch members on their input, whilst enhancing the relationship between the club & the HSA.
All in my own opinion

Jack
18-01-2019, 11:05 PM

Mmmm, I can already see a problem here.

Brizo
19-01-2019, 07:46 AM
Being Directors the fans reps have always been bound by Board Member collective responsibility and there hands have been tied from the outset. That was a very astute bit of work by LD. In their role as Directors the reps are duty bound to take any major issues to the Boardroom where they can then be voted down. For me the fans rep thing has always been a PR exercise / smoke and mirrors , the impression of giving the fans a voice with the systems in place to ensure that if that's a dissenting voice it can be easily overruled

I know that the reps do a lot of good work on behalf of individual fans and supporter branches but that's peripheral stuff which could have been addressed by a supporter liaison officer. In terms of fan driven big issues I don't know of anything that the reps have taken to the Board which has changed a Board decision or policy.

A club appointed supporter liaison officer would take care of the kind of stuff that the reps have been very successful in doing. That role wouldn't carry with it the unrealistic expectations that some might have about the power of the reps to effect change.

As for how long people serve as reps, the whole things a cosmetic exercise so the length of tenure will have no impact on anything of importance.

Baldy Foghorn
19-01-2019, 07:46 AM
These roles are a complete waste of time, representing the fans?

Carheenlea
19-01-2019, 08:27 AM
These roles are a complete waste of time, representing the fans?

They represent the board more than the fans. I thought it was a great idea at first but the reality has been a hugely diluted version of what I had in mind for a supporters rep.
For the roles to be more productive they need to be independent from the the boardroom in my opinion.

Baldy Foghorn
19-01-2019, 08:29 AM
They represent the board more than the fans. I thought it was a great idea at first but the reality has been a hugely diluted version of what I had in mind for a supporters rep.
For the roles to be more productive they need to be independent from the the boardroom in my opinion.

Agreed D

Eyrie
19-01-2019, 10:31 AM

It's impossible for them to wear both hats.

Forza Fred
20-01-2019, 06:14 AM

In a nutshell!

However nothing wrong with ‘Supporter elected board members’ if the club want to have them, but they need to change the title as they are not, and indeed cannot be, due to the diverse views of the support.. ‘Supporters Representatives’

Baldy Foghorn
20-01-2019, 09:50 AM

What can you communicate? You would be bound by confidentiality

Allant1981
20-01-2019, 10:28 AM

Was she not talking about the WTG?

Bostonhibby
20-01-2019, 10:48 AM

I agree, where we are today on this leads me to believe including an option to have a representative elected who is independent of the board rather than continuing with the current model might give an indication of what fans are currently thinking.

Baldy Foghorn
20-01-2019, 11:14 AM
Was she not talking about the WTG?

At the last set of hustings Allan

bigwheel
20-01-2019, 11:24 AM
I agree, where we are today on this leads me to believe including an option to have a representative elected who is independent of the board rather than continuing with the current model might give an indication of what fans are currently thinking.

It’s an option worth exploring a bit this - there seems to be a view that being part of the board is limiting the ability of the reps to represent the voice of the fans on to the board , or perhaps dilute their ability to do this in some way...

So the alternatives are : don’t have them , they attend the board but aren’t part of the board , or they don’t attend the board (e.g. they brief the fans views on key topics in advance but don’t join the debate).

The positive of this is that they could take views quite contrary to board opinion ..the corollary though is that they are not included in all dialogues (for example: on the most contentious topics you could see separate board discussions held without them being in attendance (formal or informal) .

the role will never be seen as effective by everyone. There will always be topics where the fans have an emotive view, and the club need to take a more considered opinion.

I can though completely understand reservations wondering whether the fans voice is being fully represented. There seems to be limited structure as to how the fans views are sought, to ensure a rounded set of views are understood. Secondly , the feedback on key topics have not been done in a consistent and comprehensive way, therefore we have limited idea as to what “fans voice” is hitting the board, other than the views the reps out in themselves .

Personally, have little doubt that there is a good attempt from the reps to give a fans voice into the board. I certainly view we are better with the roles existing than not existing . That said, I don’t think they are doing enough to ensure we feel fully represented and the feedback is pretty invisible . Certainly not in line with pre election promises. I’d like to see some sort of voluntary group more representative of the fans feeding in to the reps, and more feedback from the reps ..whilst we may not agree with all the clubs decisions we could at least then understand them more. This could be working together..(or something new) but it needs to be be more explicit in its role and communication of the key topics to the whole fan base if so.

Communication will never been perfect..but this may enhance the clarity and balance of views being represented to the board .

C Feeney-Seale
20-01-2019, 09:55 PM

As allant1981 said I was talking about the Working together group. This is an open group that all fans can attend, it is not confidential.

Danderhall Hibs
20-01-2019, 09:59 PM
As allant1981 said I was talking about the Working together group. This is an open group that all fans can attend, it is not confidential.

It shouldn’t be but I think it is - there’s no published minutes and the group are asked to not share what was discussed. Or they certainly have been in the past.

C Feeney-Seale
20-01-2019, 10:06 PM
It shouldn’t be but I think it is - there’s no published minutes and the group are asked to not share what was discussed. Or they certainly have been in the past.

True and I think there should be published minutes. There’s no pre conditions to attend, anyone can turn upto any of the meetings and participate fully in the discussion.

Carheenlea
20-01-2019, 10:46 PM
I see Carl Macar has indicated his intention to stand on FB.

Tobias Funke
20-01-2019, 11:31 PM

A spankingly good candidate imo.

MagicSwirlingShip
21-01-2019, 01:11 AM
I’d like to thank Tracey & Frank for all the hard work they put into our club. That’s all.

Forza Fred
21-01-2019, 04:17 AM
Does anyone know if there is a plan to have a 'husting night' for the eventual candidates...assuming there is more than one.?

Or have they moved on from that line of thinking?

oldbutdim
21-01-2019, 08:57 AM
Does anyone know if there is a plan to have a 'husting night' for the eventual candidates...assuming there is more than one.?

It’s not happening.

Hibernian Verse
21-01-2019, 09:08 AM

That would turn into much more of a roasting than a husting

Pretty Boy
21-01-2019, 09:16 AM
I think what is required is a candidate willing to acknowledge the limitations of the role from an early stage and also demonstrate an understanding of how a board operates and what their function is. Whilst I think there is a general grasp that what is said in a boardroom is bound by confidentiality there has to be a recognition that there is commercially sensitive information shared outwith the boardroom, including at WT meetings, that isn't always able to be divulged as and when it suits.

There seems to be a mistaken belief among some that the boardroom is where all business happens; as an example we had people moaning about 'the board' setting prices for the Elgin game incorrectly. That isn't the case, and Tracey clarified that. There are various individuals and teams who work at Hibs, or any company, and they have a remit and a level of autonomy to get a job done. Equally if there is a proposal to be put before the board the person taking the issue to the boardroom will have spent time before hand making sure they are likely to get the idea passed before they take it to a vote.

I think having a fan inside the boardroom can be a good thing as long as the fanbase is aware of what the role actually is and the candidates don't make promises they will find it impossible to keep. I'd also maintain the role would be more effective if it was tied to a further group of fans who are independent of the board and cover a range of demographics and can interact across a number of platforms. In saying all of that the number of people voting in each of the last 2 elections suggests the majority of the fanbase is at best apathetic to the whole idea so whether there is a desire to add a further layer to it is open to debate.

Hermit Crab
21-01-2019, 09:20 AM

No danger! :slipper:

MartinfaePorty
21-01-2019, 10:23 AM
I think what is required is a candidate willing to acknowledge the limitations of the role from an early stage and also demonstrate an understanding of how a board operates and what their function is. Whilst I think there is a general grasp that what is said in a boardroom is bound by confidentiality there has to be a recognition that there is commercially sensitive information shared outwith the boardroom, including at WT meetings, that isn't always able to be divulged as and when it suits.

There seems to be a mistaken belief among some that the boardroom is where all business happens; as an example we had people moaning about 'the board' setting prices for the Elgin game incorrectly. That isn't the case, and Tracey clarified that. There are various individuals and teams who work at Hibs, or any company, and they have a remit and a level of autonomy to get a job done. Equally if there is a proposal to be put before the board the person taking the issue to the boardroom will have spent time before hand making sure they are likely to get the idea passed before they take it to a vote.

I think having a fan inside the boardroom can be a good thing as long as the fanbase is aware of what the role actually is and the candidates don't make promises they will find it impossible to keep. I'd also maintain the role would be more effective if it was tied to a further group of fans who are independent of the board and cover a range of demographics and can interact across a number of platforms. In saying all of that the number of people voting in each of the last 2 elections suggests the majority of the fanbase is at best apathetic to the whole idea so whether there is a desire to add a further layer to it is open to debate.

Pretty much my thoughts. I quite liked the idea of having Frank - an absolute died-in-the-wool Hibs fan who many fans would know by sight and could always be relied upon to represent the club well - plus 1 other who was more tech-savvy and maybe represented the more 'modern' fan; giving updates on social media etc., which is why I voted for the 2 incumbents at the last election.

With the role now having been in place for a few years now, it'll be interesting to see what promises of improvements any candidates will make, given we now have a better understanding of its limitations.

blackpoolhibs
21-01-2019, 02:19 PM
:greengrin Carl Macar, can you just imagine it?

I'd pay money to be in on those board meetings. :faf:

Brizo
21-01-2019, 05:50 PM
True and I think there should be published minutes. There’s no pre conditions to attend, anyone can turn upto any of the meetings and participate fully in the discussion.

Haven't seen you post on here much before. Cynics might think your wee flurry of recent posts is the start of your "election campaign" ?

SteveHFC
21-01-2019, 06:17 PM
My question is, why don't Hibs have an open Liason Officer, like other teams do, have them on social media etc...

Danderhall Hibs
21-01-2019, 08:16 PM
:greengrin Carl Macar, can you just imagine it?

I'd pay money to be in on those board meetings. :faf:

:hilarious same - hope there’s a viewing gallery.

CapitalGreen
21-01-2019, 08:23 PM
My question is, why don't Hibs have an open Liason Officer, like other teams do, have them on social media etc...

Probably because we would have to pay them.

matty_f
21-01-2019, 08:33 PM
:hilarious same - hope there’s a viewing gallery.

Tempted to vote for him and then stand myself in the hope that is get to see it first hand. :faf:

Iggy Pope
21-01-2019, 08:40 PM
I realise there’s a historical in-joke about the fellah Carl Macar and I’m happy to have missed it, but he’s the blind lad that travels consistently from Sunderland to see the Hibs home and away is that right?
If so, he’d get my vote before any of the present pairing or any of the names being punted from here (or those curious names that resurface on the hunt around about these times).

Hibeewilly
21-01-2019, 09:23 PM
I realise there’s a historical in-joke about the fellah Carl Macar and I’m happy to have missed it, but he’s the blind lad that travels consistently from Sunderland to see the Hibs home and away is that right?
If so, he’d get my vote before any of the present pairing or any of the names being punted from here (or those curious names that resurface on the hunt around about these times).
That's exactly him Iggy. Good on him if he puts himself forward

GreenArmyyy!
22-01-2019, 09:10 AM

Whilst the sentiments are right what I would say is why wouldn’t you contribute to the forums over the previous couple of years? Surely if you wanted to run for election again you should be trying to build relationships with those in then forum rather than just popping up when election time comes around again?

Peevemor
22-01-2019, 09:22 AM

Being Hibs daft doesn't mean he'd be good for the post. He was emptied from here for being a nuisance and I think he'd be a disaster if elected.

HH81
22-01-2019, 09:28 AM
I'm sure he is the guy that used to reply to every single thread saying yes or I agree.

Peevemor
22-01-2019, 09:31 AM

Surely you must realise that you're not very credible on the communications front given your posting activity/inactivity/activity on here?

Out of the candidates last time around, PatHead was the only frequent/regular poster on here. I don't understand why those looking for more communication didn't vote for him - he seemed an obvious choice to me.

Bostonhibby
22-01-2019, 09:36 AM
I'm sure he is the guy that used to reply to every single thread saying yes or I agree.Recall the time well. Being "active" on the Internet won't be an issue.

PatHead
22-01-2019, 09:40 AM
Surely you must realise that you're not very credible on the communications front given your posting activity/inactivity/activity on here?

Out of the candidates last time around, PatHead was the only frequent/regular poster on here. I don't understand why those looking for more communication didn't vote for him - he seemed an obvious choice to me.

Believe it or not it was the time before last I stood. Unfortunately health stopped me going for it last time and I am not standing this time either.

Amit also only ever appeared at election time.

Don't trust anyone who appears when they need votes and for that reason I will give her a wide berth. She must think our heads zip up the back.

GreenArmyyy!
22-01-2019, 09:47 AM
I actually think Tracey has done a decent job in communicating over the past couple of years. What I would say though is I think the role needs two tech savvy people to carry it out. There are too many platforms and means of communication for one person to handle given how large a support we have. I know Tracey personally and she deals with dozens of supporters requests per day, not to mention a hell of a lot of unseen work she does for the club, all that as well as running her own business and raising 3 kids.

I’ve been pretty impressed with how she’s taken it all in her stride.

Pretty Boy
22-01-2019, 04:33 PM
I actually think Tracey has done a decent job in communicating over the past couple of years. What I would say though is I think the role needs two tech savvy people to carry it out. There are too many platforms and means of communication for one person to handle given how large a support we have. I know Tracey personally and she deals with dozens of supporters requests per day, not to mention a hell of a lot of unseen work she does for the club, all that as well as running her own business and raising 3 kids.

I’ve been pretty impressed with how she’s taken it all in her stride.

I agree. She's communicated well given the limitations in opportunity there are for her to do so. I'll say again folk expecting daily updates and detailed accounts of board meetings are going to be disappointed.

I voted for Tracey last time because she seemed like someone I could imagine sitting with at a game and having a crack about Hibs with. If I vote again she'll likely keep my vote for the same reason.

Skol
22-01-2019, 07:05 PM
I agree. She's communicated well given the limitations in opportunity there are for her to do so. I'll say again folk expecting daily updates and detailed accounts of board meetings are going to be disappointed.

I voted for Tracey last time because she seemed like someone I could imagine sitting with at a game and having a crack about Hibs with. If I vote again she'll likely keep my vote for the same reason.

Limited opportunities to communicate??? The opportunities are endless. This has been a big missed opportunity.

I agree some things cannot be communicated, but there was no effort to communicate with fans at large, gather views and feed back when they could and explain when they couldnt. None of the 3 role holders have ever achieved this, albeit I do believe all have given the role their best

Brooster
22-01-2019, 07:45 PM
Limited opportunities to communicate??? The opportunities are endless. This has been a big missed opportunity.

I agree some things cannot be communicated, but there was no effort to communicate with fans at large, gather views and feed back when they could and explain when they couldnt. None of the 3 role holders have ever achieved this, albeit I do believe all have given the role their best

I agree, communication has not been effective.

Iggy Pope
22-01-2019, 08:13 PM
Being Hibs daft doesn't mean he'd be good for the post. He was emptied from here for being a nuisance and I think he'd be a disaster if elected.

Maybe he’s changed. Being emptied from here isn’t the be all and end all you know. The forum is packed with nuisance and misinformation.
I’d say being Hibs daft is definitely good for his CV.

Iggy Pope
22-01-2019, 08:16 PM
I'm sure he is the guy that used to reply to every single thread saying yes or I agree.

Again, probably not alone.

Danderhall Hibs
22-01-2019, 08:16 PM
Maybe he’s changed. Being emptied from here isn’t the be all and end all you know. The forum is packed with nuisance and misinformation.
I’d say being Hibs daft is definitely good for his CV.

Definitely good on the cv and being off here isn’t the be all and end alll.

However he’s on other groups on Facebook etc and he’s a pest.

Iggy Pope
22-01-2019, 08:19 PM
Believe it or not it was the time before last I stood. Unfortunately health stopped me going for it last time and I am not standing this time either.

Amit also only ever appeared at election time.

Don't trust anyone who appears when they need votes and for that reason I will give her a wide berth. She must think our heads zip up the back.

Does that sort of behaviour amount to trolling? Reads as worse than that to me.

Pretty Boy
22-01-2019, 10:05 PM

I get what you are saying but some people seem to be expecting daily updates and immediate responses from the highest level to every gripe. That's never going to happen.

Tracey and Frank are both fairly active on social media and as has been above said Tracey is in communication with dozens of fans a day; I'd guess the same can be said of Frank. Tracey also a regular viewer and occasional poster on here and both are visible in and around ER on match days. I think they have a pretty decent idea of what the fans opinions are on a range of issues (rarely likely to be a consensus if forums, social media and pubs are a gauge). I'm not saying communication couldn't be improved at all, I just think there has to be a sense of perspective on how much they can say along with a temerping of expectations on how much influence they carry in a boardroom full of people with vast experience of sitting on boards across a range of sectors.

Changing the subject slightly; I've met Carl Macar a few times, a while back, when he's been up for games. He's a nice enough lad and ultimately harmless but I'm not sure he's cut out for a role as a fans rep. He can be a bit thin skinned at times, perhaps understandably, and that's unlikely to serve anybody well in such a position. The backlash Frank and Tracey got after the Rangers statement from Hibs proves that point.

bigwheel
22-01-2019, 10:51 PM
I get what you are saying but some people seem to be expecting daily updates and immediate responses from the highest level to every gripe. That's never going to happen.

Tracey and Frank are both fairly active on social media and as has been above said Tracey is in communication with dozens of fans a day; I'd guess the same can be said of Frank. Tracey also a regular viewer and occasional poster on here and both are visible in and around ER on match days. I think they have a pretty decent idea of what the fans opinions are on a range of issues (rarely likely to be a consensus if forums, social media and pubs are a gauge). I'm not saying communication couldn't be improved at all, I just think there has to be a sense of perspective on how much they can say along with a temerping of expectations on how much influence they carry in a boardroom full of people with vast experience of sitting on boards across a range of sectors.

Changing the subject slightly; I've met Carl Macar a few times, a while back, when he's been up for games. He's a nice enough lad and ultimately harmless but I'm not sure he's cut out for a role as a fans rep. He can be a bit thin skinned at times, perhaps understandably, and that's unlikely to serve anybody well in such a position. The backlash Frank and Tracey got after the Rangers statement from Hibs proves that point.

There is very little communication improvement that couldn’t be addressed by a “fans rep “ page on the official website..fortnightly updates on topics of interest and a “contact the fans rep “ button to click and email...

Add in occasional podcasts and, whilst people may not like all they hear..they couldn’t complain about lack of communication

Forza Fred
23-01-2019, 02:25 AM
Last time voting was also open to Hibs TV subscribers, and a ‘Hibs Data BaseCode’ Was provided to validate the actual individual vote.

Can anyone.....Fans reps included....advise what is the eligibility for voting this time?

traceyhibs
23-01-2019, 03:51 PM
Last time voting was also open to Hibs TV subscribers, and a ‘Hibs Data BaseCode’ Was provided to validate the actual individual vote.

Can anyone.....Fans reps included....advise what is the eligibility for voting this time?

Hi,

Just says voting is open to those on the database. Will double check re Hibs TV Subscribers

Tracey

Forza Fred
23-01-2019, 10:25 PM
Hi,

Just says voting is open to those on the database. Will double check re Hibs TV Subscribers

Tracey

Thanks Tracey...seems the eligibility to vote requirements are as stable as the HIbs backline at the moment.....

C Feeney-Seale
24-01-2019, 10:19 AM
Whilst the sentiments are right what I would say is why wouldn’t you contribute to the forums over the previous couple of years? Surely if you wanted to run for election again you should be trying to build relationships with those in then forum rather than just popping up when election time comes around again?

I guess it depends as what you view the role as being.

I don’t think that being an active part of any particular community of fans is what’s required – it’s about finding someone who is will to actively do what they can to involve as many fans as possible.

There are lots of interesting ideas being posted, but the fans rep is there to be a channel of views, not just to feed their own in, or that of one particular group. So I personally do not feel that someone with a rich posting history on one of the forums is any more or less suitable for the role than someone without.

I did pledge to be active if I was elected before, and clearly I wasn’t. I wasn’t going to try and implement things I’d promised – I clearly wasn’t in a position to do so.

I have read the forums fairly actively over the last few years – not an uncommon thing, on most forums there are far more readers than there are posters.

Diclonius
24-01-2019, 10:28 AM
I'll only vote for anyone who stands who is and has been a regular and frequent poster on hibs.net. This is the only thing I use regularly for Hibs discussion (as the Facebook pages/Twitter are *****) so on a personal front it's the best way for me to be informed and hopefully have my (and others') messages get across.

Scotty Leither
24-01-2019, 12:39 PM
Has the parameters of the role ever been publicly defined, either by the Board or by the fans' reps themselves?

Genuine question...

andyf5
24-01-2019, 05:04 PM
Has the parameters of the role ever been publicly defined, either by the Board or by the fans' reps themselves?

Genuine question...
Yes.I think on the website page describing the election. What was also clarified later is that they are members of the board and bound by the same responsibilities. For me I'm happy there is someone on the board who can challenge the board. There is no single hibs supporters view so they will never satisfy everyone.