PDA

View Full Version : Wigan v Aston Villa NHC

RoslinInstHibby
15-01-2019, 07:50 AM
drove down on Saturday to watch the Wigan v Villa match to see how SJM was doing. tell you what, villa are a poor side, john looked pretty frustrated for most of the match. They look a long way off a premiership side.

BILLYHIBS
15-01-2019, 07:57 AM
drove down on Saturday to watch the Wigan v Villa match to see how SJM was doing. tell you what, villa are a poor side, john looked pretty frustrated for most of the match. They look a long way off a premiership side.

Thanks for that!

Very interesting to get an unbiased informative snapshot update of Villa and SJMs form half way through what has proved to be a difficult season for them

The best we can hope for is that SJM gets his dream move the sooner the better

:thumbsup:

RoslinInstHibby
15-01-2019, 01:43 PM
Thanks for that!

Very interesting to get an unbiased informative snapshot update of Villa and SJMs form half way through what has proved to be a difficult season for them

The best we can hope for is that SJM gets his dream move the sooner the better

:thumbsup:

It must have been a bad day at the office for them, they surely can't be that bad every week.

BILLYHIBS
15-01-2019, 01:46 PM
It must have been a bad day at the office for them, they surely can't be that bad every week.
Table does not lie twelfth out of twenty four good performances interspersed with mediocre inconsistent at best

RoslinInstHibby
15-01-2019, 02:03 PM
Table does not lie twelfth out of twenty four good performances interspersed with mediocre inconsistent at best

their new defender (Hause) was a total bomb scare

Ringothedog
15-01-2019, 04:25 PM

I saw them against Brentford and they scraped a draw. They are a bang average team.

Casey1875
15-01-2019, 04:55 PM
their new defender (Hause) was a total bomb scare

I was down at this as well and can safely say that he is one of the worst players I have ever seen. Poor touch, unable to pass, tackle and zero positional awareness. Villa seemed to want to bypass the midfield all the time. The standard overall was terrible.

Hibeesmad
17-01-2019, 01:10 AM
If they lose Abraham I can’t see them climbing any higher which is a shame. Has Grealish been injured? Heard nothing about him this season.

SirDavidsNapper
17-01-2019, 07:24 AM
I was down at this as well and can safely say that he is one of the worst players I have ever seen. Poor touch, unable to pass, tackle and zero positional awareness. Villa seemed to want to bypass the midfield all the time. The standard overall was terrible.

Hey that's English football you're talking about. Lets just stick to our pub league :wink:

calumhibee1
17-01-2019, 07:25 AM
Hey that's English football you're talking about. Lets just stick to our pub league :wink:

:agree:

“Me nan would score 50 a season in Scotland while cooking the Sunday roast”. - Grant, Oxford Town supporter.

RoslinInstHibby
17-01-2019, 12:47 PM

windass looked great....that's how good/bad their league is....

SirDavidsNapper
17-01-2019, 12:50 PM

“Me nan would score 50 a season in Scotland while cooking the Sunday roast”. - Grant, Oxford Town supporter.

Haha so true. Sheer ignorance. Defoe will score 100 a season up there bla bla bla

hibbysam
17-01-2019, 02:49 PM
If they lose Abraham I can’t see them climbing any higher which is a shame. Has Grealish been injured? Heard nothing about him this season.

Grealish played in all the games I’ve seen on tv this year and has been a standout for me. A clear class above with SJM beside him, they compliment each other really well with McGinn all energy and Grealish very classy on the ball. Unfortunately for them at the back and down the sides they are very average. Bolasie should be running riot in that league but can’t hit his previous heights, and the rest are fairly poor.

Keith_M
17-01-2019, 02:57 PM

So he's not a local then....