PDA

View Full Version : EP 54 - Would You Take Cummings Back?

HibsTalk
12-01-2019, 08:58 PM
[emoji3513]TRANFER PHONE-IN POD[emoji3513]

[emoji1022]󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Gauld signs
[emoji883] Boyle out for season
[emoji460]️ Kamberi scores in Dubai
[emoji1037] Maclaren scores for Australia

[emoji848] Cummings return, would you take Cumdog back?

iTunes - https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/54-would-you-take-cummings-back/id1236445811?i=1000427514553&mt=2

Spotify - https://open.spotify.com/episode/7qq3JJvs4eIZlNpbeH1Qdc?si=okii3ruFRnS3axrl1TPRiA

Hibs Talk Website - http://hibstalk.com/54-would-you-take-cummings-backhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190112/f7b092e52814d53dce6e637a948bc7e8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Vini1875
12-01-2019, 09:05 PM
No, we need a player with a better all round game.

Golden Bear
12-01-2019, 09:10 PM
Without a doubt.

Tornadoes70
12-01-2019, 09:13 PM
Cumdog's a cup winning legend.

Welcome back anytime.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

The 90+2
12-01-2019, 09:13 PM
Yes yes yes yes and I’m led to believe it’s happening too. 6 month loan view to permanent Jamie Mac wanted in China.

SlickShoes
12-01-2019, 09:19 PM
Yes 100%

12-01-2019, 09:41 PM
Yes, I'd take him. He will score plenty of goals in this league. If we get him, I reckon he'll end the season as our top scorer in the league.

Waxy
12-01-2019, 09:50 PM
Yep

Hibbyradge
12-01-2019, 10:02 PM
I'm not sure.

He was great for us while he was here, but he's done nothing of note since.

He was pretty much 1 goal every 2 games with Hibs, but since then it's down to 1 in 5.

That's not great. Could he recapture his previous Hibs form? :dunno:

dphibs
12-01-2019, 10:05 PM
100% yes

southsider
12-01-2019, 10:25 PM
100% yes

Just to play him against Hertz.

sauzee6_2
12-01-2019, 10:28 PM
Take this on face value.

Would you take a player who was top goal scorer every year before he left.

A player who started the match on 21-05-16

A player who seemed to have a knack of scoring against ‘them’

Put your pride aside...welcome back cumdog!

A 24 year old player with his career in front of him

cameronw-hfc
12-01-2019, 10:31 PM
Jason started the season very well but since his tv antics he's struggled for regular game time. Would take him back in a heartbeat

Hibernian32
12-01-2019, 10:46 PM
Not looked at the stats but Shanklands record in the championship can't be that far off Cummings and everyone would seem to take him right now, chuck into the mix he's led the line on that fateful day in May, Scored Belters against the huns and mini huns it's a massive aye fae me.

Forza Fred
12-01-2019, 10:56 PM
At the moment, there are few alternatives that are on the radar.

WeeRussell
12-01-2019, 10:58 PM
Yes.

Even moreso if he celebrates his first second spell goal against the Huns, in front of them, with a big smile on his face as if the whole thing with them was all just a joke.

shetlandhibee
13-01-2019, 01:20 AM
yes 100% and i do actually think it has legs:partyhibb

basehibby
13-01-2019, 02:22 AM
Very much yes but would not break the bank for him.

Jason was a very good player for us and would be so again as long as he wants to get his sleeves rolled up and get stuck in. And he would have to want to do exactly that for Hibs but for a lesser wage than he currently gets from Forest with the promise of regular football (and possible international recognition) being the carrot. Whether he's improved as a player since he left Hibs is up for debate - he'll be older for sure - but wiser? is Jason even capable of ever being wiser???

Footage of him bashing up his flat after a night on the bevy down in Englandshire a year or so back would suggest maybe not - but life is full of surprises. He was a real penalty box predator for us and that instinct doesn't desert - as long as the physical condition and mental focus is there to back it up, Cummings would be an asset to us.

He was always a bit of a wild one and maybe that unpredictability is part of what makes him such a dangerous player in the penalty area - he seemed to really look up to Stokes in their time together at Hibs and maybe they've got a bit in common in that wayward genius maverick style - Jason has a wee bit to go before the "genius" bit carries much weight though - although that header at Tynie showed he's certainly got it in him.

So the short answer - YES

Squealing pig
13-01-2019, 02:52 AM
In a heartbeat yes

basehibby
13-01-2019, 03:18 AM
Incidentally .. JC's wiki page gives the following (non)information "Cummings signed a three-year contract with Nottingham Forest (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nottingham_Forest_F.C.) on 17 June 2017, moving for an undisclosed fee". It also records that we KB'd a 1.2 million bid from Peterborough the year before.

Will we ever know what that undisclosed fee was? do we care? and does it matter to any of the parties involved if we ever know?

heretoday
13-01-2019, 04:18 AM
Yes and Malonga as well.

judas
13-01-2019, 07:25 AM
He is a better predator than Kamberi and McLaren in my view

Proven in Scottish Football. Yes 100%.

Heisenberg
13-01-2019, 07:34 AM
Yes yes yes yes and I’m led to believe it’s happening too. 6 month loan view to permanent Jamie Mac wanted in China.

Interesting. I did notice yesterday that Jamie Mac had started following a football intermediary (basically an agent?) on Instagram from Asia. He’s also started following a team from Malaysia which is a bit random.

Could be something in it.

Bleeds green
13-01-2019, 07:41 AM
Cummings scored goals from inside the box outside the box and with his head from tap ins to 25 yarders and he produced more often than not in big games. Surely it’s a no brainier to get him back if that’s a possibility??

Scouse Hibee
13-01-2019, 08:03 AM
I'm not sure.

He was great for us while he was here, but he's done nothing of note since.

He was pretty much 1 goal every 2 games with Hibs, but since then it's down to 1 in 5.

That's not great. Could he recapture his previous Hibs form? :dunno:

The same could be said for Scott Allan, I’m not sure about Cummings either but worth a chance I reckon.

makaveli1875
13-01-2019, 08:04 AM
No chance . Not good enough at premiership level and he's a hun

Hibbyradge
13-01-2019, 08:06 AM
The same could be said for Scott Allan, I’m not sure about Cummings either but worth a chance I reckon.

The difference is that JC has been playing so we know, for a fact, that he's been underachieving. Allan hasn't had the opportunity to show if he's still got it or not.

Yes, it would be worth taking him on loan, initially anyway.

IGRIGI
13-01-2019, 08:08 AM
I'll take him back only if he issued a statement begging forgiveness for his recent infatuation for all things Hun.

Danderhall Hibs
13-01-2019, 09:39 AM
Podcast was good this week - I totally agree with the point Craig (from MNF) made about about fans comments on the official tweets.

GreenOnions
13-01-2019, 09:43 AM
Yes - of course. Jason has always shown total commitment when he's played for Hibs. If he decided to return I'm sure he'd do exactly the same.

BullsCloseHibs
13-01-2019, 09:56 AM
100% :agree::flag:

Northernhibee
13-01-2019, 09:59 AM
I'll take him back only if he issued a statement begging forgiveness for his recent infatuation for all things Hun.
Yet people on here are gagging for Scott Allan to come back who derailed the start of our 15/16 season by trying to push through a move to Sevco?

Would quite happily welcome both back without the macho bravado of pretending to be offended by Jason being on loan to them.

Eyrie
13-01-2019, 10:15 AM
Yet people on here are gagging for Scott Allan to come back who derailed the start of our 15/16 season by trying to push through a move to Sevco?

Would quite happily welcome both back without the macho bravado of pretending to be offended by Jason being on loan to them.

A good comparison.

There were many this time last year (including me) who were against Allan's return because of how he left and yet by the end of the season we wanted to sign him permanently. Who's to say that Cummings can't do the same?

eastcoasthibby
13-01-2019, 02:28 PM
I think he is maybe what we need up front just now as.something different, but really not.sure that he plays well.as a strike partner, his reading of the game and at times work rate.isnt enough for me, think Flo works better with partner that has good movement and works with him ...Jason is a pretty selfish player not.too intelligent, but is nippy, creates himself chances and has an eye for half a chance !! McLaren is the one.that needs.to.up his attitude and gis game will do the same !! So yes JC as a good option

ekhibee
13-01-2019, 02:57 PM
I'd prefer Shankland personally, but that's just my opinion. Cummings certainly played his part when he was at Hibs though, although he doesn't look as if he's really progressed from that. He's still young though.

Since90+2
13-01-2019, 03:14 PM
I'd have Shankland over Cummings.

He is at a stage in his career where he still needs to prove himself at a big club whereas with Cummings I get the impression he won't be the same player now he has made his money.

Here’s Lucy!
13-01-2019, 03:57 PM
I'd have Shankland over Cummings.

He is at a stage in his career where he still needs to prove himself at a big club whereas with Cummings I get the impression he won't be the same player now he has made his money.

But, has he 'made his money'?

He can't have earned that much since he left us?

Allant1981
13-01-2019, 04:08 PM
In all honesty I don't think there is much between Cummings or shankland, although I've only seen shankland a couple of times, both have shown they can score goals at a lower level but not shown anything yet to say they could score a lot of goals in the premier league, if I had to chose between the 2 it would be Cummings purely based on having seen him more

skyhibs
13-01-2019, 05:22 PM
Too lazy sometimes not interested and also not good enough. What is wth us and let’s bring this player and that player back.hes gone and let’s leave him gone

Waxy
13-01-2019, 05:26 PM
Too lazy sometimes not interested and also not good enough. What is wth us and let’s bring this player and that player back.hes gone and let’s leave him gone

But he’s the hammer of the hearts. A legend?

Hi Heid Yin
13-01-2019, 05:38 PM
If a player can "do the business" for us on the park and would be a positive influence on his team mates, then I couldn't care less how many times he has come and gone from ER, or for what reason.
So, yes, I'd welcome back Jason "The Hammer Of The Hearts!"

Viva_Palmeiras
13-01-2019, 05:40 PM
Only proven himself at a lower level?

So we ignore the key goals against Hearts (4 in consecutive games) and Rangers? Just exactly what do folks expect him to do? There should be a phrase coined for this Hibee phenomenon #bonkers for a start

Cummings scored his first career goals on 21 May 2014, netting twice as Hibernian won 2–0 against Hamilton Academical in the first leg of the promotion/relegation play-off.[3][4] Hibs lost the return match 2–0 and Cummings missed the decisive kick in the penalty shoot-out, which resulted in Hibs being relegated to the Scottish Championship.[5][6][7]

Cummings won the SPFL Young Player of the Month award for September 2014, after his two goals helped Hibs to beat Rangers in Glasgow.[8] On 16 February 2016, Cummings became the first Hibs player to score in four consecutive Edinburgh derbies for 42 years after scoring the winner against Hearts in a Scottish Cup 4th round replay.[9] On 16 April 2016, Cummings missed a penalty kick with a Panenka attempt in the Scottish Cup semi-final against Dundee United, which ended goalless,[10] although he later scored the winning kick in the penalty shoot-out.[10] He then played the first 65 minutes of the final, assisting Anthony Stokes' opening goal as Hibs won 3–2 against Rangers.[11]

Keith_M
13-01-2019, 06:24 PM
Cummings instead of McLaren is surely an easy decision to make.

cleanyman
13-01-2019, 06:27 PM
The way this window is going then aye

Why not

WeeRussell
13-01-2019, 07:53 PM
In all honesty I don't think there is much between Cummings or shankland, although I've only seen shankland a couple of times, both have shown they can score goals at a lower level but not shown anything yet to say they could score a lot of goals in the premier league, if I had to chose between the 2 it would be Cummings purely based on having seen him more

Have to disagree that he hasn’t shown “anything” to say he’d score a lot in our league. Feels like, from memory, he scored almost anytime we played a premier league team in the cup, or indeed faced rangers or hearts.

Allant1981
13-01-2019, 07:58 PM
Have to disagree that he hasn’t shown “anything” to say he’d score a lot in our league. Feels like, from memory, he scored almost anytime we played a premier league team in the cup, or indeed faced rangers or hearts.

Yip he scored in a few cup games and we are all glad he did, he hasn't done it consistently in a higher league though which would be my worry

The 90+2
13-01-2019, 07:59 PM
Yip he scored in a few cup games and we are all glad he did, he hasn't done it consistently in a higher league though which would be my worry

He hasn’t really been given the chance to though?

Steve20
13-01-2019, 08:31 PM
Not convinced he would score that many in the top league. He was rotten when he played for Rangers last season.

Allant1981
13-01-2019, 08:40 PM
He hasn’t really been given the chance to though?

Played 15 times for the rangers and only scored 2 league goals, think he has played 40 odd league games since he left us and only scored maybe half a dozen goals, if he hadn't played for us before we would be moaning about this rumour

The 90+2
13-01-2019, 10:16 PM
Played 15 times for the rangers and only scored 2 league goals, think he has played 40 odd league games since he left us and only scored maybe half a dozen goals, if he hadn't played for us before we would be moaning about this rumour

Rangers where pish though.

We’ve all seen JC and he would be fantastic to have back. I don’t think his ego would allow it so soon though.

Tornadoes70
13-01-2019, 11:01 PM
Jason's welcome back anytime.

However, looking to the future if it was a straight choice I'd rather we signed Shankland even if we have to loan him back to Ayr and don't have him until the end of this season. I think Shankland's worth the gamble of paying out a not insubstantial transfer fee for. He's hungry and seems to have a good attitude for the game.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

Viva_Palmeiras
13-01-2019, 11:27 PM

It’s all about context tho’.

He has played for us and scored and under our current manager.

If it was some other dude who’d been a cup winner, scored against our key rivals and wrestled with with a pro, had a bit of a swagger these are surely factors that would make us want to take a look?

There are no guarantees Jonathan Johansson is testament to that.

Folks morning about rumours - it’s what they do :)

Crunchie
13-01-2019, 11:31 PM
:not worth Please let it be so :not worth

HibsTalk
13-01-2019, 11:42 PM
Link to YouTube in case you prefer to watch/listen to the pod there :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyDfoiWQG7E

Hibernia&Alba
14-01-2019, 12:39 AM
Aye, of course I would have him back.

BILLYHIBS
14-01-2019, 06:28 AM
No thanks!

His love for the Hun rules him out for me

We can do better

Be patient!

MacGruber
14-01-2019, 07:27 AM
Yes 100% in a heartbeat. Would love this to come off - love the wee dafty and he scores goals... & against them to boot

ian cruise
14-01-2019, 07:32 AM

When he was with Rangers he was predominantly played upfront on his own or out on the left wing, similar to the position we often played Stokes, difference being Stokes has it in his locker to play there. If your not playing Jason with someone else upfront or with a really effective attacking midfielder you're not going to get the same goal return.

Plus almost every team he would have been facing would have been set up to defend for 90 mins, leaving him less space to function. He was playing in a poor team but he's not a poor player, I'd have him back 100%.

Betty Boop
14-01-2019, 07:46 AM
No thanks!

His love for the Hun rules him out for me

We can do better

Be patient!
Shankland supports Rangers. Is he also ruled out ?

BILLYHIBS
14-01-2019, 08:00 AM
Shankland supports Rangers. Is he also ruled out ?

I would take Shankland as he has more potential than Jase

Jase is obviously desperate to play for The Rangers and makes no secret of that fact

Good luck to him

I wonder why they do not want him?

Why should we take him in that case?

As others have said it is unlikely he would in his eyes take a career step backwards??

No point signing a player that does not want to be here

We need to move forward

Onwards and upwards :greengrin

ian cruise
14-01-2019, 08:02 AM
I would take Shankland as he has more potential than Jase

Jase is obviously desperate to play for The Rangers and makes no secret of that fact

Good luck to him

I wonder why they do not want him?

Why should we take him in that case?

As others have said it is unlikely he would in his eyes take a career step backwards??

No point signing a player that does not want to be here

We need to move forward

Onwards and upwards :greengrin

Where has JC said he's desperate to return to Rangers?

BILLYHIBS
14-01-2019, 08:09 AM
Where has JC said he's desperate to return to Rangers?

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jason-cummings-opens-up-Rangers-13176725

BILLYHIBS
14-01-2019, 08:20 AM
Link does not work probably due to copyright issues

DR 2.9/18 gutted the rangers move over hopes of a return

DR 31/7/18 Jase posts emotional goodbye to The Rangers fans

wookie70
14-01-2019, 09:08 AM
Yes, in a heartbeat. He is a consistent scorer in Scotland and although most of his goals cam in the Championship Hearts and The Rangers were there at the time and he scored plenty in big Cup Games. A good deal better than McLaren in my eyes but we would need to play a style that would suit him. IF Cummings had played in the second half of last season he would have done brilliantly. He would not have done so well this season with the mostly hooffest style we are playing and no support from midfielders. We desperately need a couple of strikers, maybe even three if McLaren is going, and they are hard to find. Let's start with one we know can score goals

matty_f
14-01-2019, 09:30 AM
Would take Cummings back, no question. We miss his attitude IMHO, he and McGinn were fearless and I don't think we've necessarily got that swagger in the team at the moment.

The podcast is good, I agree with the guy complaining about fans moaning, surprisingly. :greengrin

ian cruise
14-01-2019, 10:23 AM
Link does not work probably due to copyright issues

DR 2.9/18 gutted the rangers move over hopes of a return

DR 31/7/18 Jase posts emotional goodbye to The Rangers fans

He was getting the chance to play for a big club in front or large fan base for a decent wage, I'm sure he was gutted to be leaving them and would welcome the chance to do so again. It doesn't mean he wouldn't want to be at for Hibs, or that he's suddenly a massive rangers fan. It does not even mean he would chose rangers over Hibs in a head to head chase for his signature (though I suspect he, along with the majority of players not called Antony Stokes, would).

There's plenty players who have played for Rangers and Celtic that I'd welcome in to the team, if we hadn't we wouldn't have won the Scottish Cup.

BILLYHIBS
14-01-2019, 10:44 AM
He was getting the chance to play for a big club in front or large fan base for a decent wage, I'm sure he was gutted to be leaving them and would welcome the chance to do so again. It doesn't mean he wouldn't want to be at for Hibs, or that he's suddenly a massive rangers fan. It does not even mean he would chose rangers over Hibs in a head to head chase for his signature (though I suspect he, along with the majority of players not called Antony Stokes, would).

There's plenty players who have played for Rangers and Celtic that I'd welcome in to the team, if we hadn't we wouldn't have won the Scottish Cup.

Struggling to think of any of our Scottish Cup heroes that would want to play for the Huns apart from Jase tbh sorry!

I have no doubt if it did come to pass Jase would try and be as professional as possible

He has however come out on social media declaring his undying love for The Rangers which does not sit easy

I accept your economic argument as it is a harsh financial fact in any walk of life yes you would move for a higher wage.

Any exhibs player that chooses The Rangers over us sorry it’s a no from me :greengrin

Have you listened to the podcast?

ian cruise
14-01-2019, 10:45 AM
Struggling to think of any of our Scottish Cup heroes that would want to play for the Huns apart from Jase tbh sorry!

I have no doubt if it did come to pass Jase would try and be as professional as possible

He has however come out on social media declaring his undying love for The Rangers which does not sit easy

I accept your economic argument as it is a harsh financial fact in any walk of life yes you would move for a higher wage.

Any exhibs player that chooses The Rangers over us sorry it’s a no from me :greengrin

Kevin Thomson in the run up to the final though he didn't play in the final itself.

Plenty Celtic/ex Celtic players on the pitch too, or does the rule only apply to the blue half of Glasgow?

BILLYHIBS
14-01-2019, 10:59 AM
Kevin Thomson in the run up to the final though he didn't play in the final itself.

Plenty Celtic/ex Celtic players on the pitch too, or does the rule only apply to the blue half of Glasgow?

Kevin Thomson an ex Rangers player but a self confessed HIBS fan still employed by The Rangers as a coach

Still attends match days with his kids

Kevin Thomson played an important part in heading the ball off the line at Tinycastle

I have no problem with any of the exCeltic players

You may have guessed I just do not like The Rangers

The Jason Cummings scenario will not come to pass imho

Then again thinking about it being a HIBS fan for over sixty years I do not particularly like Celtic or Hearts either but for some strange weird reason I seem to dislike The Rangers even more

Sorry!

H18S NX
14-01-2019, 11:02 AM
Not for me,i would rather we went for someone else.

ian cruise
14-01-2019, 11:18 AM
Kevin Thomson an ex Rangers player but a self confessed HIBS fan still employed by The Rangers as a coach

Still attends match days with his kids

Kevin Thomson played an important part in heading the ball off the line at Tinycastle

I have no problem with any of the exCeltic players

You may have guessed I just do not like The Rangers

The Jason Cummings scenario will not come to pass imho

Then again thinking about it being a HIBS fan for over sixty years I do not particularly like Celtic or Hearts either but for some strange weird reason I seem to dislike The Rangers even more

Sorry!

No need to apologise, it was a genuine question as I wasn't sure if it was purely down to the fact the team he played was rangers or not.

You're obviously a passionate Hibs fan so I've no doubt the first time Jace put the ball in the net against them or hearts he'll have absolved himself of past indiscretions (it's the least he could do).

BILLYHIBS
14-01-2019, 11:29 AM
No need to apologise, it was a genuine question as I wasn't sure if it was purely down to the fact the team he played was rangers or not.

You're obviously a passionate Hibs fan so I've no doubt the first time Jace put the ball in the net against them or hearts he'll have absolved himself of past indiscretions (it's the least he could do).

More or less hits the nail on the head :greengrin

HibbyAndy
14-01-2019, 12:20 PM
In a heartbeat

BOB MARLEYS DUG
14-01-2019, 02:49 PM
https://youtu.be/aN41xT8xkbY

Too right we’d have him back.

The 90+2
14-01-2019, 02:58 PM
Surely with St Martin taking over at Notts Forest if Neil wants him we're in poll position?

CLASS OF 72 -73
14-01-2019, 03:35 PM

Have you listened to the podcast?

Have to agree. Respect and appreciate his substantial contribution to Hibs but it never sits well with me when a ex Hibs player goes to the Huns and on top shows love for them. That goes for Thomson as well.

JimBHibees
14-01-2019, 03:43 PM
In a heartbeat

:agree:

JimBHibees
14-01-2019, 03:44 PM
Have to agree. Respect and appreciate his substantial contribution to Hibs but it never sits well with me when a ex Hibs player goes to the Huns and on top shows love for them. That goes for Thomson as well.

and Ian Murray and Steve Whittaker. Who cares he can do a job for Hibs which is the most important thing.

BILLYHIBS
14-01-2019, 03:52 PM
Felt the same regarding Thomson but if you watch his interview on Opengoal with Si Ferry he denied the walking along the M8 barefoot on broken glass comment and comes across as a hibby first and foremost but obviously with an affection for his current employers
What springs to mind is the welcome Craig Paterson son of Famous Five centre half John Paterson got when he signed for old co on his return to Easter Road
Ian Murray like Kevin Thomson is a hibby
Jason Cummings on the other hand has turned native! :greengrin

Here’s Lucy!
14-01-2019, 04:12 PM
and Ian Murray and Steve Whittaker. Who cares he can do a job for Hibs which is the most important thing.

:thumbsup:In a nutshell.

Centre Hawf
14-01-2019, 04:29 PM
We all know Jase was a Hearts fan but after the way they treated him its hard to imagine he has any positive feeling towards them. It's probably no surprise to see that he is happy to play for whoever will pay his wages because he's seen how quickly a club will turn on you no matter how much you love them back.

I would have Jase in a heartbeat. Couldn't care less that he had a half season loan at Rangers. Of course he would want that loan to be made permanent, so who cares if he sucked up to them. You really have to even survive at that club because they are a horrible bunch at times, and he'd be back up the road earning decent money playing Europa League football rather than proving himself in League 1 with Peterborough. I hate the Huns but I'd play for them tomorrow if they came calling.

BILLYHIBS
14-01-2019, 04:34 PM
https://youtu.be/aN41xT8xkbY

Too right we’d have him back.

Brilliant!

Great memories!

Still a wee Hun b...... though! :greengrin

CLASS OF 72 -73
14-01-2019, 04:52 PM

Whittaker and Murray did not have the love in hence why I highlighted Thomson. Each to there own. Done it for us but has found his level.

beensaidbefore
14-01-2019, 05:09 PM
Whittaker and Murray did not have the love in hence why I highlighted Thomson. Each to there own. Done it for us but has found his level.

Plus we got more than a million for those 3 guys. JC was quick to leave for less than any of the other 3. Don't think his heart was in staying with us then, not sure why it would be now apart from the fact that things ain't worked out for him. Not convinced he wouldn't do the same again tbh.