PDA

View Full Version : Martin Boyle.

Babyshamble
09-01-2019, 04:23 PM
Is out for the season.Confirmed on Twitter.😥

Hibernia&Alba
09-01-2019, 04:26 PM
He's a big loss; he must be scunnered. Fingers crossed his recovery goes as well as possible.

Newhaven
09-01-2019, 04:26 PM
Anyone know the situation regarding compensation etc. considering he was on international duty at this time

Hibbyradge
09-01-2019, 04:27 PM
Anyone know the situation regarding compensation etc. considering he was on international duty at this time

It's not exactly what you're looking for, but this gives some insight.

https://www.thestatszone.com/players-on-international-duty-how-much-compensation-do-clubs-receive

CMurdoch
09-01-2019, 04:36 PM
That is not good and another we will have to replace in this window.
Hopefully we get sufficient compensation to cover the cost of a similar quality replacement.

neil7908
09-01-2019, 04:47 PM
Wow we really need some reinforcements this month. Terrible luck with injuries this year!

H18 SFR
09-01-2019, 06:36 PM

£/€1,000 a day until fit I read earlier. Surely will will be compensated around £/€180,000 if it's six months.

hibee-boys
09-01-2019, 06:46 PM
£/€1,000 a day until fit I read earlier. Surely will will be compensated around £/€180,000 if it's six months.

£7k a week!....that'll probably cover 3 Martin Boyles!:)

Hibbyradge
09-01-2019, 06:49 PM
I've done a bit more research on this and it looks like no compensation is paid if a player is injured on international duty unless it's during the final stages of s tournament.

As Boyle was hurt in a qualifying campaign, Hibs are liable.

H18 SFR
09-01-2019, 06:49 PM
£7k a week!....that'll probably cover 3 Martin Boyles!:)

Wages, rehab and replacement. Maybe not that good a deal.

H18 SFR
09-01-2019, 06:50 PM
I've done a bit more research on this and it looks like no compensation is paid if a player is injured on international duty unless it's during the final stages of s tournament.

As Boyle was hurt in a qualifying campaign, Hibs are liable.

He was hurt whilst away on duty at the finals of the Asians.

oneone73
09-01-2019, 06:53 PM
He was hurt whilst away on duty at the finals of the Asians.

He was hurt in a friendly before the tournament began.

Hibbyradge
09-01-2019, 06:56 PM
Here you go

https://www.inbrief.co.uk/football-law/international-game-injuries/

J-C
09-01-2019, 07:08 PM
Insurance will surely cover most if not all of it, I'd assume the Aussie team had insurance for these eventualities,I know most clubs do.

Hibbyradge
09-01-2019, 07:10 PM
Insurance will surely cover most if not all of it, I'd assume the Aussie team had insurance for these eventualities,I know most clubs do.

Hopefully. It would make sense, but I can't find anything to confirm it.

It would be a good question for the fans reps though.

Newhaven
09-01-2019, 07:10 PM
It's not exactly what you're looking for, but this gives some insight.

https://www.thestatszone.com/players-on-international-duty-how-much-compensation-do-clubs-receive

Thanks Dave.

Hibbyradge
09-01-2019, 07:11 PM
Thanks Dave.

My link further down the page is a bit less optimistic.

confused
09-01-2019, 08:04 PM
Honestly Is this what it has come too?£££££’s. Personally I’m more worried about Martin and his family , hopefully he comes back as good as new , he’s a young guy all we can think about is how much we will get , sorry but more to life than cash .

Hibee Mac
09-01-2019, 08:08 PM
Honestly Is this what it has come too?£££££’s. Personally I’m more worried about Martin and his family , hopefully he comes back as good as new , he’s a young guy all we can think about is how much we will get , sorry but more to life than cash .

He's an injured footballer, not sitting on his death bed.

The guy will be fine and one of our most important players is out for the season, why would we not think about compensation?

vercol36
09-01-2019, 08:20 PM
Get well soon Boyler!!! Great player, and a credit to the jersey 👍

confused
09-01-2019, 08:48 PM
He's an injured footballer, not sitting on his death bed.

The guy will be fine and one of our most important players is out for the season, why would we not think about compensation?
A really compassionate guy , I’m entitled to my opinions just the same as you are

J-C
09-01-2019, 08:57 PM

You realise that Boyle still needs wages paid and that we'll need to find extra wages to pay for whoever comes in as cover for him.

Hibbyradge
09-01-2019, 08:59 PM

Eh?

No-one is suggesting otherwise.

Asking about compensation is perfectly reasonable.

Hibee Mac
09-01-2019, 09:05 PM
A really compassionate guy , I’m entitled to my opinions just the same as you are

I agree you're entitled to your opinion nothing against that at all, I just said that in my opinion it's reasonable to think about compensation in this situation that's all. Didn't mean any offence by it hope none was taken.

Lago
09-01-2019, 10:32 PM
Don't think he will be relying on universal credit, wages will be paid on time. Hibs quite right to seek compo.

JimBHibees
09-01-2019, 10:35 PM
Get well soon Boyler!!! Great player, and a credit to the jersey 👍

Totally agree.

jacomo
09-01-2019, 11:10 PM

It’s ok.

GreenLake
09-01-2019, 11:33 PM
Boyle's wages will amount to no more than the tea biscuit money for FIFA's executives. I wouldn't hold a breath for any compensation.

basehibby
10-01-2019, 12:29 AM
Absolute bumeramma!

You have been a star for us Martin - forcing your way into the reckoning as a certain starter after arriving as a somewhat unfashionable signing in a part swap with Dundee. Never mind star signings - give us a half dozen more like you and we will be in very good shape!

Heal well and come back stronger and better :hibees

Itsnoteasy
10-01-2019, 01:08 AM

Lying in his bed on full pay:boo hoo:

SirDavidsNapper
10-01-2019, 06:48 AM
It's a shame for Martin and us but it may be a blessing in disguise for both. He's a new father and it's coincided with his loss of form. At least he won't have the playing pressure now for the rest of the season. The break from it might do him some good. I'm sure he'll make a full recovery and come back better than ever.