PDA

View Full Version : Season Ticket Pricing - 2019/2020

Jamesie
09-01-2019, 11:39 AM
For the last couple of seasons details of our season ticket offering have been announced on or around 27/28 February - thus it may be as early as seven weeks from today that we see what we'll be paying for next term. What would you expect to see from the club in terms of its season ticket pricing / structure for 2019/2020?

James Stephen
09-01-2019, 11:44 AM
A slight, inflationary rise generally.

Hopefully something to address the apparent problem with kids STs in the FF?

scuttle
09-01-2019, 12:03 PM
Hopefully move singing section back to the East .Atmosphere has been flat this season, even in a festive derby IMHO the atmosphere was poor.Has been two different areas at times this season singing

Antifa Hibs
09-01-2019, 12:18 PM
Make the lower FF section the singing section and solve two issues at once. Do away with the £25 kids season tickets and introduce Hibs Kids Plus scheme along with the existing Hibs kids membership. Maybe £30 for 8 games (pick and choose, excludes Cat A games). All for kids going to the games but nuts that a prime seat for a season can be bought for £5 less than 1 cat A game.

Steven79
09-01-2019, 12:38 PM
Make the lower FF section the singing section and solve two issues at once. Do away with the £25 kids season tickets and introduce Hibs Kids Plus scheme along with the existing Hibs kids membership. Maybe £30 for 8 games (pick and choose, excludes Cat A games). All for kids going to the games but nuts that a prime seat for a season can be bought for £5 less than 1 cat A game.

Why is it considered a prime seat? I've always thought of the lower tier behind a goal the worst place watch football.

Keith_M
09-01-2019, 12:42 PM
Sorry to say this but... an increase in the price of kids tickets for the FF Lower.

As has been discussed endlessly on here already, that area is often half empty (or even worse). Despite that, it's nearly impossible to get a group of tickets in there on either a game-by-game basis or as Season Tickets.

It's obvious to everybody that some people are buying the cheap kids tickets and either very rarely or never using them. Now, I realise that's their choice and if it didn't have any negative impact on other Fans, I'd be happy for them to continue, but unfortunately it is.

I'll give you an example:

I have a Season Ticket with my Dad in the West Lower and am now trying to encourage younger family members along to games. I recently brought two along to the Celtc game and they loved it.

As a long term plan, I'd like to increase the size of our Season Ticket group to include kids but It's nearly impossible to get a group of seats together in most stands; aside from the ends of the West and East, where I really don't enjoy sitting.

Keith_M
09-01-2019, 12:51 PM

Even with the empty seats, there's a much larger demand for a Family Section behind the goals than there is for a Singing Section.

Until somebody can actually prove that there are at least 1,500 people willing to sit in a Singing Section behind the goals, I'd be amazed if it changes any time soon. So far, only about 100 people sit in the Singing Section in the top tier, so the evidence just isn't there yet.

If anybody thinks there would be sufficient numbers, maybe they could raise a petition, or something, with signatories of ST holders that would be willing to move, then the Club could assess if there really is genuine demand.

Antifa Hibs
09-01-2019, 12:54 PM
Even with the empty seats, there's a much larger demand for a Family Section behind the goals than there is for a Singing Section.

Until somebody can actually prove that there are at least 1,500 people willing to sit in a Singing Section behind the goals, I'd be amazed if it changes any time soon. So far, only about 100 people sit in the Singing Section in the top tier, so the evidence just isn't there yet.

If anybody thinks there would be sufficient numbers willing to move, maybe they could raise a petition, or something, with signatories of ST holders that would be willing to move, then the Club could assess if there really is genuine demand.

Don't agree with that. Celtic never had 3000 stood every game, infact they had about 200 in the back row of a block or two were the green brigade stood, but now having a waiting list for their new section? I'm in the East and our whole group 6-7 people would move if it was properly done.

Ronniekirk
09-01-2019, 01:20 PM
Sorry to say this but... an increase in the price of kids tickets for the FF Lower.

As has been discussed endlessly on here already, that area is often half empty (or even worse). Despite that, it's nearly impossible to get a group of tickets in there on either a game-by-game basis or as Season Tickets.

It's obvious to everybody that some people are buying the cheap kids tickets and either very rarely or never using them. Now, I realise that's their choice and if it didn't have any negative impact on other Fans, I'd be happy for them to continue, but unfortunately it is.

I'll give you an example:

I have a Season Ticket with my Dad in the West Lower and am now trying to encourage younger family members along to games. I recently brought two along to the Celtc game and they loved it.

As a long term plan, I'd like to increase the size of our Season Ticket group to include kids but It's nearly impossible to get a group of seats together in most stands; aside from the ends of the West and East, where I really don't enjoy sitting.

Think we need to find a place for both and encourage take up So Season Tickets are going to those who gobto games first and foremost
If folk know they are only going to a handful oh games a Season but want to give the Club the money upfront maybe they should be accommodated in a designated area at the sides that Way groups that want to be together hopefully have more choice
Won't.be popular I know but Hibs would know these seats are also going to be for resale at sell out and nearly sell out games if the Ticket Holder releases the seat Just a thought Hibs need to start thinking out the box to get solutions to these issues
Singing Section is wasted whetevitbis just now but the idea is sound and has caught on Just in wrong location
If we are serious about not giving Old Firm the Whole away end then that section also might be good for families to relocate to and Have singing section in Famous Five Lower and Standing
Think there need to more involvement by Fans Reps to get views and have serious discussions with The Board on this one

Diclonius
09-01-2019, 01:58 PM
Ban people from upgrading kids STs on a per game basis. If it's a kids ST it should be a kids ST, not someone's personal insurance for attending derbies.

Hibbyradge
09-01-2019, 02:13 PM
Out of town Hibbies should have country membership type season tickets.

A block of 6 tickets at a slightly reduced price, which need to be activated by a specific number of days before the match, allowing the club to sell the seat if it's not going to be used.

The number of cat A matches could be restricted to 2 or the ST could be Cat B only.

Advantage to the club; Guaranteed, up front income

Advantage to fan; Preferred seat, slight saving on walk-up price and guarantee of attending sold out matches (if It's a cat A ST).

cleanyman
09-01-2019, 04:41 PM
Think we'll be taking a bit hit this year.

I expect a drop of at least 2,000.

Since90+2
09-01-2019, 04:59 PM
I don't think the price will increase.

hibee
09-01-2019, 04:59 PM
I’ve had a Season Ticket for as long as I can remember but I’d be disappointed with any kind of price increase for next season.

Would be good if they managed to sort out a way of doing the cup top up again, I always bought it but since they got rid of it I don’t generally bother going to them now as it always seems like a lot of money for one game.

Speedy
09-01-2019, 05:16 PM
Ban people from upgrading kids STs on a per game basis. If it's a kids ST it should be a kids ST, not someone's personal insurance for attending derbies.

Don't think that would solve anything, you're just as likely for any piss takers to buy a kids ticket and use that for the derby etc.

Speedy
09-01-2019, 05:20 PM

I'd go somewhere in the middle and say the cheap kids ST excludes all Cat A games. Full Cat A kids ST should be more aligned to the other stands (say £50/£60 quid higher).

Scouse Hibee
09-01-2019, 05:31 PM
The ST is reasonably priced so no big deal if it increases slightly.

Ringothedog
09-01-2019, 05:34 PM

Let’s wait until the end of the season

Keith_M
09-01-2019, 05:44 PM
Don't agree with that.

You surprise me :greengrin

... Celtic never had 3000 stood every game, infact they had about 200 in the back row of a block or two were the green brigade stood, but now having a waiting list for their new section? I'm in the East and our whole group 6-7 people would move if it was properly done.

As I said, if people think there would be enough demand, they'd really need to prove it before the club would even consider moving the people that currently sit there.

Even then, the Club would have to think long and hard before pissing off 1,500+ people by moving them to random spots in the stadium.

If you can overcome both those hurdles, then wire in.

:aok:

.Sean.
09-01-2019, 05:51 PM

I don’t think it’ll be down by as many as 2000 but I think we all knew that the fair weather supporters we picked up on the back of the cup win were always likely to fall by the wayside when performances and the feel good factor that the cup win produced started to slip away.

Ringothedog
09-01-2019, 06:05 PM
I don’t think it’ll be down by as many as 2000 but I think we all knew that the fair weather supporters we picked up on the back of the cup win were always likely to fall by the wayside when performances and the feel good factor that the cup win produced started to slip away.

I really don’t get this pessimistic outlook, the club on the other side of the city continually sell over 12000 season tickets even when they are crap. Why would we lose season ticket holders on the back of a poor half season.We could still finish in the top six, challenge for Europe and win the Scottish cup. Let’s see how we have done in May before slagging of what you perceive as “fair weather” fans

Brooster
09-01-2019, 06:13 PM
Kids tickets must go up to a minimum of £100 which is still about a fiver a game. This £25 malarkey is not doing us any favours. I would keep all the other prices as they are. I'll be intetested to hear what the fans reps view is on this. I would also like to hear from them on Elgin ticket prices thread.

Niagara Lad
09-01-2019, 06:29 PM
A reduction in the concession age from 65 to 60. Motherwell have it.

percy veer
09-01-2019, 06:33 PM

I thought that was the case already

Onceinawhile
09-01-2019, 06:36 PM
I thought that was the case already

It is.

kennyh
09-01-2019, 06:37 PM

This has already been put in place as I tried to upgrade one of my kids STs to an adult for the derby in thr FF lower and couldn't.

percy veer
09-01-2019, 06:40 PM
People are assuming if they get rid of the child £25 tickets the adults who accompany these kids will just renew without them, and if they don't that's about £380 lost for an adult and a child, in the end it comes down to jealousy that kids are getting cheaper tickets than them

traceyhibs
09-01-2019, 07:13 PM
Kids tickets must go up to a minimum of £100 which is still about a fiver a game. This £25 malarkey is not doing us any favours. I would keep all the other prices as they are. I'll be intetested to hear what the fans reps view is on this. I would also like to hear from them on Elgin ticket prices thread.

Both Frank and myself were involved in the ticketing group which focussed heavily on the FF lower. There were some good discussions regarding suggested ticket pricing for the kids ST in that area but they were only suggestions and ticket pricing is presented to the board for approval before its released. Everyone involved in the group agreed the £25 was too cheap and we discussed that this should be increased. It was only discussions as I say so nothing is set in stone and it’s for the club to take on board and make decisions from that. I sit in the FF Lower with my girls. I pay £25 for one of my girls as she’s only 7 but I agree it’s cheap and have no problem with it being increased as it will hopefully sort a wider problem. It is a shame though that some abuse it and may cause issues for families who don’t abuse it. Looking at figures child attendance is pretty much the same throughout the stadium especially on week night games so it’s not just the FF lower. It’s just more visible in that area.

With regards to Elgin I did ask for it to be brought up at the last board meeting but have not had that feedback and will raise again. Unfortunately I was unable to attend that meeting. From what I’m led to believe with cup games is that both teams have to agree the pricing as gates are split. I will come back to you on that tomorrow on the thread.

PatHead
09-01-2019, 07:20 PM
People are assuming if they get rid of the child £25 tickets the adults who accompany these kids will just renew without them, and if they don't that's about £380 lost for an adult and a child, in the end it comes down to jealousy that kids are getting cheaper tickets than them

They should increase the price of the adult season ticket in the FF lower to the same price as the rest of the stadium.

Think the 0 per cent interest option should go as it must cost the club a fortune to pay the interest on about 10,000 season tickets.

jonny
09-01-2019, 07:21 PM

This is a very good point. I have 3 kids (8,10 & 11) and I have a ST along with them. At the moment it's excellent value so I push the boat out every season to get us all ST's. As it is I fully intend to continue getting the 4 ST's for years to come.
If there was a big hike in the total cost I'm unsure if I'd be able to afford it meaning the club would lose years worth of 4 ST holders.
I appreciate there are people that abuse the current system but for people like myself using it properly it's fantastic.

Keith_M
09-01-2019, 07:22 PM
Both Frank and myself were involved in the ticketing group which focussed heavily on the FF lower. There were some good discussions regarding suggested ticket pricing for the kids ST in that area but they were only suggestions and ticket pricing is presented to the board for approval before its released. Everyone involved in the group agreed the £25 was too cheap and we discussed that this should be increased. It was only discussions as I say so nothing is set in stone and it’s for the club to take on board and make decisions from that. I sit in the FF Lower with my girls. I pay £25 for one of my girls as she’s only 7 but I agree it’s cheap and have no problem with it being increased as it will hopefully sort a wider problem. It is a shame though that some abuse it and may cause issues for families who don’t abuse it. Looking at figures child attendance is pretty much the same throughout the stadium especially on week night games so it’s not just the FF lower. It’s just more visible in that area.

With regards to Elgin I did ask for it to be brought up at the last board meeting but have not had that feedback and will raise again. Unfortunately I was unable to attend that meeting. From what I’m led to believe with cup games is that both teams have to agree the pricing as gates are split. I will come back to you on that tomorrow on the thread.

Thanks for the update, Tracey.

:aok:

percy veer
09-01-2019, 07:23 PM
They should increase the price of the adult season ticket in the FF lower to the same price as the rest of the stadium.

Think the 0 per cent interest option should go as it must cost the club a fortune to pay the interest on about 10,000 season tickets.

Ahhhh I see you want a empty stadium with no kids, I see that now.

jonny
09-01-2019, 07:32 PM

I'm disappointed to hear that everyone on the ticketing group of a club that promotes itself as family friendly argued to make things more difficult for families to attend games.
At the moment I buy 4 ST's every season, 1 adult and 3 kids. Increasing the price of the kids ST could potentially make it unaffordable for me to bring my 3 kids along every week.
Instead of punishing those who use the system properly would it not be more constructive to work towards preventing people abusing it.

derekduval
09-01-2019, 07:41 PM
A kids seat at £25 would make more than double sitting empty for the whole season and being used twice for the derby. Let’s be honest the price is ridiculously cheap and needs trebled.

H18 SFR
09-01-2019, 07:43 PM
I'm disappointed to hear that everyone on the ticketing group of a club that promotes itself as family friendly argued to make things more difficult for families to attend games.
At the moment I buy 4 ST's every season, 1 adult and 3 kids. Increasing the price of the kids ST could potentially make it unaffordable for me to bring my 3 kids along every week.
Instead of punishing those who use the system properly would it not be more constructive to work towards preventing people abusing it.

Just like to reiterate this point, I currently have 1 adult and 2 child season tickets with a 3rd child due to be added at the start of next season (already been alerted that the family to the left of us are dropping a seat so all being well it will be a flawless transition). Like the previous contributor I'm saddened to learn that it seems like there is agreement that the current pricing structure is 'too cheap'. I would argue that it is sector leading and allows hard working families to attend the games. I truly hope we as a family are not priced out of attending. Sad time, there is a huge difference between encouraging genuine families to attend and tackling the apparent issue of non-attendance.

PatHead
09-01-2019, 07:43 PM

And where did I say that? As things stand people in the family section who do not have a family benefit from a cheaper price, while keeping potential new families from coming to games.

The likes of Keekaboo cannot encourage the next generation of supporters to come along because these folk are not willing to give up their discount.

PatHead
09-01-2019, 07:44 PM

Just like to reiterate this point, I currently have 1 adult and 2 child season tickets with a 3rd child due to be added at the start of next season (already been alerted that the family to the left of us are dropping a seat so all being well it will be a flawless transition). Like the previous contributor I'm saddened to learn that it seems like there is agreement that the current pricing structure is 'too cheap'. I would argue that it is sector leading and allows hard working families to attend the games. I truly hope we as a family are not priced out of attending. Sad time, there is a huge difference between encouraging genuine families to attend and tackling the apparent issue of non-attendance.

What do you think would be a fair price?

oconnors_strip
09-01-2019, 07:49 PM

If the 0% interest was to be stopped this would lower the number of ST bought as many people can’t afford to pay any extra every month.

H18 SFR
09-01-2019, 07:50 PM
What do you think would be a fair price?

I think £25 is a very fair price. You've got to consider that many of the kids attending the games are kitted it in gear from the club shop, at Christmas alone we spent over £300 in the shop having already spent a fair sum buying three full kids kits and two adult tops in the summer. When kids seasons tickets are considered it's not only the price of the tickets that's relevant.

The issue is folk harvesting the £25 ticket for a few games at home and tickets for the big away matches. The £25 season ticket encourages genuine participation from families, many like most of us do not have limitless disposable income.

derekduval
09-01-2019, 07:52 PM
If the 0% interest was to be stopped this would lower the number of ST bought as many people can’t afford to pay any extra every month.

Is payment plan not just over 10 months therefore add another. 2 months on to cover interest and people won’t need to ‘pay any extra every month’

PatHead
09-01-2019, 07:53 PM
I think £25 is a very fair price. You've got to consider that many of the kids attending the games are kitted it in gear from the club shop, at Christmas alone we spent over £300 in the shop having already spent a fair sum buying three full kids kits and two adult tops in the summer. When kids seasons tickets are considered it's not only the price of the tickets that's relevant.

The issue is folk harvesting the £25 ticket for a few games at home and tickets for the big away matches. The £25 season ticket encourages genuine participation from families, many like most of us do not have limitless disposable income.

How would you feel if it went up to£3 per match?

£9 for three kids seems very reasonable.

traceyhibs
09-01-2019, 07:53 PM

All cases were put forward re the ticketing pricing and that’s not to say it will happen. As I said in my post it’s a shame that some have abused it for the families that don’t. The club are all for the family section and have been working hard also at discussing moves for those who are no longer part of a family group. I go with my kids so I totally get it and it’s a tough one for the club. There is pressure on them to provide more seats in that area because as everyone can see its not being fully used on a match day yet there are only 51 single seats available in that stand. Anything discussed on here will be noted in order to feed that back when the board discuss pricing. Happy to discuss with you also. Everyone’s situation is different. Im all for children being at matches. My kids especially my youngest loves the football and we go home and away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hibbyradge
09-01-2019, 07:56 PM
All cases were put forward re the ticketing pricing and that’s not to say it will happen. As I said in my post it’s a shame that some have abused it for the families that don’t. The club are all for the family section and have been working hard also at discussing moves for those who are no longer part of a family group. I go with my kids so I totally get it and it’s a tough one for the club. There is pressure on them to provide more seats in that area because as everyone can see its not being fully used on a match day yet there are only 51 single seats available in that stand. Anything discussed on here will be noted in order to feed that back when the board discuss pricing. Happy to discuss with you also. Everyone’s situation is different. Im all for children being at matches. My kids especially my youngest loves the football and we go home and away.

Will you pass on my suggestion above about out of town season tickets, please?

Blaster
09-01-2019, 08:08 PM
My son currently has a £25 ticket in there. He got it 5 years ago as a half season ticket mainly because there were no seats near me in the West lower. As a result my mum also got a season ticket to take him so we gained an extra adult ticket too. He misses a couple of games a season due to other commitments

I thought it should have been increased by £10-£15 last season which would have still made it affordable to the couple of posters above.

However let’s not be too short term thinking about it. This is my son’s last year at the cheap price, it goes up to the higher price next season. But he’s now addicted and will continue to go.

Remember too a £25 season ticket cannot be purchased in isolation. So by increasing too much we will lose adult season ticket holders too

traceyhibs
09-01-2019, 08:11 PM
Will you pass on my suggestion above about out of town season tickets, please?

Certainly will. Thank you

hibee
09-01-2019, 08:13 PM
I agree the £25 tickets are far too cheap, my 2 kids have had ST’s for around 8 years and sit in the FF upper so don’t think it’s fair that I should pay more than others in the same stand for my kids.

Kids season tickets should be the same in any part of the ground, around £75 would still be great value and high enough to put people off buying them for other reasons.

Just Alf
09-01-2019, 08:18 PM

Think the 0 per cent interest option should go as it must cost the club a fortune to pay the interest on about 10,000 season tickets.Re the 1st paragraph, some folks have been in that section for years so should be allowed to remain... To facilitate that, if the brats have flown the nest and moved elsewhere then the 'adult' should be able to buy a ST but, say £30 more then elsewhere (they can pay it or move). If there's a child's ticket bought then the combined price should still be dearer than a single ticket elsewhere in the ground (implies an increase on kids ticket pricing).

No one 'new' should ever be able to buy a single adult ticket in the section.

And finally :-) .... The system should NEVER allow any tickets to be bought in that section that leaves a single seat sitting in isolation.

Sorted!

Maybe.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Speedy
09-01-2019, 08:52 PM

What do you think of my suggestion that the £25 tickets are cat B only?

Hibbyradge
09-01-2019, 08:52 PM
Certainly will. Thank you

Thanks 👍

Mr Grieves
09-01-2019, 10:00 PM
My son currently has a £25 ticket in there. He got it 5 years ago as a half season ticket mainly because there were no seats near me in the West lower. As a result my mum also got a season ticket to take him so we gained an extra adult ticket too. He misses a couple of games a season due to other commitments

I thought it should have been increased by £10-£15 last season which would have still made it affordable to the couple of posters above.

However let’s not be too short term thinking about it. This is my son’s last year at the cheap price, it goes up to the higher price next season. But he’s now addicted and will continue to go.

Remember too a £25 season ticket cannot be purchased in isolation. So by increasing too much we will lose adult season ticket holders too

You're spot on. My son has a £25 season ticket but misses any game that's not at 3PM on a Saturday due to other commitments, while I make it to most matches. If there's a considerable change to the pricing structure in the FF lower, I would probably find it hard to justify renewing.

Itsnoteasy
09-01-2019, 10:39 PM

As has been said on here on numerous occasions, you cannot upgrade a kids season ticket in the FF lower.

Itsnoteasy
09-01-2019, 10:58 PM

A block of 6 tickets at a slightly reduced price, which need to be activated by a specific number of days before the match, allowing the club to sell the seat if it's not going to be used.

The number of cat A matches could be restricted to 2 or the ST could be Cat B only.

Advantage to fan; Preferred seat, slight saving on walk-up price and guarantee of attending sold out matches (if It's a cat A ST).

Where would you draw the boundary. If you have a membership to golf/tennis club it is usually a 30 mile radius outside the club.

Hibbyradge
09-01-2019, 11:28 PM
Where would you draw the boundary. If you have a membership to golf/tennis club it is usually a 30 mile radius outside the club.

Good question and good point.

I guess the club would need to consider that, but maybe 2 hours or more by public transport? 3 hours?

100 miles? 150 miles?

I know there are people who travel long distances regularly to see Hibs, but not everyone can.

It's probably more about a sense of belonging, being part of something, that appeals to me.

I was at loads of games last season and the start of this one, including the home Europa games and away in Greece, but I can't do it every week. I'd still love to have a membership card.

I'm a shareholder, I donate to HSL and kicks for kids, but a season ticket would complete the set. :agree:

CMurdoch
09-01-2019, 11:38 PM
What do you think of my suggestion that the £25 tickets are cat B only?

I would tweek that suggestion to include the Aberdeen game as well as all Cat B games on a £25 kids season ticket.
Empty seats in FF lower are not an issue other than for matches against Celtic, Rangers and Hearts

Itsnoteasy
10-01-2019, 12:03 AM
Good question and good point.

I guess the club would need to consider that, but maybe 2 hours or more by public transport? 3 hours?

100 miles? 150 miles?

I know there are people who travel long distances regularly to see Hibs, but not everyone can.

It's probably more about a sense of belonging, being part of something, that appeals to me.

I was at loads of games last season and the start of this one, including the home Europa games and away in Greece, but I can't do it every week. I'd still love to have a membership card.

I'm a shareholder, I donate to HSL and kicks for kids, but a season ticket would complete the set. :agree:

I think all fans should be rewarded for their loyalty. But yes your idea shouldn't be that difficult to implement & those who travel a considerable distance to follow our wonderful team should get a wee something back. The cost of travelling is expensive these days.

Tornadoes70
10-01-2019, 12:09 AM

An entirely visionary forward thinking outlook.

The prices are low enough to attract the future generations of adult full st paying supporters.

Shows initiative and a duty of care towards the long term future of the club from the board in undertaking such a forward thinking drive.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

Brooster
10-01-2019, 06:57 AM
Thanks for letting us all know the situation Tracey. I think £25 for a season ticket is unreasonable, in fact I think it's daylight robbery at about £1 a game. I think kids prices should be the same throughout the ground.

Juniper Greens
10-01-2019, 07:08 AM
I would tweek that suggestion to include the Aberdeen game as well as all Cat B games on a £25 kids season ticket.
Empty seats in FF lower are not an issue other than for matches against Celtic, Rangers and Hearts

This season, they haven't been an issue for rangers or Celtic games either...

Juniper Greens
10-01-2019, 07:15 AM
I think tickets should be cheaper in the family section for families, however the £25 is just a bit too cheap. I thought they might go up to £50 last year, as I still think they need to be cheap for the reasons noted above.
One other issue with the family section is the older people, who used to take their kids, but don't now. Two issues with this, it limits the number of family tickets available and it takes away from the "family" nature of the stand. I understand this will be unpopular with the current incumbents, but if we do have (as many suspect) a drop off in STs this year, perhaps this summer would be a good time for Hibs to help these individuals move to a more appropriate seat. This would need to be done with a change to the rules for future generations of parents with kids who no longer go to the games, so everyone knows where they stand

Antifa Hibs
10-01-2019, 07:49 AM
tracyhibs wrote... All cases were put forward re the ticketing pricing and that’s not to say it will happen. As I said in my post it’s a shame that some have abused it for the families that don’t. The club are all for the family section and have been working hard also at discussing moves for those who are no longer part of a family group. I go with my kids so I totally get it and it’s a tough one for the club. There is pressure on them to provide more seats in that area because as everyone can see its not being fully used on a match day yet there are only 51 single seats available in that stand. Anything discussed on here will be noted in order to feed that back when the board discuss pricing. Happy to discuss with you also. Everyone’s situation is different. Im all for children being at matches. My kids especially my youngest loves the football and we go home and away.

Hi Tracy

Is there a reason why PATG concession tickets are the same across the board? Find it strange we charge kids the same as young adults (16-18), students and pensioners all who can earn a living?

Has it ever been looked at to introduce an U16 ticket for a few quid cheaper than the other concessions above?

oconnors_strip
10-01-2019, 01:04 PM
Is payment plan not just over 10 months therefore add another. 2 months on to cover interest and people won’t need to ‘pay any extra every month’

I was meaning some people can’t afford to pay any interest whatsoever as they are already struggling and budgeted for the year.

SON OF PADDY
10-01-2019, 02:38 PM

That's more like it ! 😉
Come on the auld folk's.

Jamesie
10-01-2019, 02:53 PM
I was meaning some people can’t afford to pay any interest whatsoever as they are already struggling and budgeted for the year.

They might want to explore the option of introductory interest-free periods on credit cards then - lots of these cards have up to 12 months or more at 0%.

PatHead
10-01-2019, 03:27 PM
That's more like it ! 😉
Come on the auld folk's.
Think it is more likely to go up in line with the state pension age rather than come down. Bit of a bugger as I amn't too far away from 60 myself.

Speedy
10-01-2019, 06:56 PM

Would agree with that (to be honest I forgot Aberdeen was cat A)

hibbysam
10-01-2019, 07:09 PM
Hi Tracy

Is there a reason why PATG concession tickets are the same across the board? Find it strange we charge kids the same as young adults (16-18), students and pensioners all who can earn a living?

Has it ever been looked at to introduce an U16 ticket for a few quid cheaper than the other concessions above?

I’m fairly sure we have an 11 and under category which is the cheapest.

j'adore hibs
10-01-2019, 07:27 PM
I'd go somewhere in the middle and say the cheap kids ST excludes all Cat A games. Full Cat A kids ST should be more aligned to the other stands (say £50/£60 quid higher).

that sounds good to me and ive been in the FF taking advantage of the £25 seats but my kids go every game with me

id harbour a guess that folk bought kids tickets thinking theyd be able to use them as an adult and hey presto they cant so empty seats

i would say however that there are empty seats throughout the east every game including hearts i can only presume some of these are season tickets so its not just a ff lower problem

Sir David Gray
10-01-2019, 07:35 PM
I think that unless there's a dramatic upturn in our fortunes in the last few months of this season, it'll be a hard sell to shift season tickets if there's a price increase for next season.

This season really hasn't been a success at all so far and it will be interesting to see how the club deals with the first real sense of negativity that it's had since May 2016. Since the cup win there's been a lot of positivity and goodwill shown towards those running the club but if we do finish in the bottom six this year and don't come anywhere near to winning the cup again then it's going to be difficult to justify a rise in prices but we also need to be competitive and to be competitive we need revenue from somewhere.

It will be interesting to see how this one plays out over the coming weeks and months.

Steven79
10-01-2019, 08:03 PM
I’m fairly sure we have an 11 and under category which is the cheapest.

Only by £2.

hibbysam
10-01-2019, 08:16 PM
Only by £2.

Which is exactly what the quoted poster is asking for.

Steven79
10-01-2019, 08:18 PM
Which is exactly what the quoted poster is asking for.

Cat B games along with Aberdeen should be no more than £6 for kids.

hibbysam
10-01-2019, 08:19 PM
Cat B games along with Aberdeen should be no more than £6 for kids.

Our attendances tend to disagree with that point.

Steven79
10-01-2019, 08:26 PM

Hibs must have the highest prices in Scotland for run of the mill games.

Steven79
10-01-2019, 08:29 PM

Celtic £10 for under 13's
Rangers £7 Juniors
Hearts £5 Cat B £11 Cat A
Aberdeen £6
St Mirren £3 or £6 depending on where you sit
Killie £5 for under 16's
Motherwell £3 or £2 with an adult (under 15)
St Johnstone charge £16 for one adult and two children
Livingstone £10 under 16's

Compare that with £12 for cat B purchased before the game or £14 on the day/cat A game for an under 11.

GGTTH1980
11-01-2019, 04:50 AM
A slight, inflationary rise generally.

Hopefully something to address the apparent problem with kids STs in the FF?

The club have now stopped fans upgrading £25 kids season tickets to adult tickets......hopefully all the folk who used this tactic of cheap ticket for upgrading for cat A matches will now give up their seat for young fans wanting to go every week.....£25 season ticket for genuine kids is great but must be policed so it is not abused

hibby6270
11-01-2019, 09:41 AM

LOL. Yes please (says he who has just turned 60). I get a free bus pass, so why not a reduced price ST compared to what I pay now. You’ve got my vote.:greengrin:thumbsup:

hibbysam
11-01-2019, 01:19 PM
Celtic £10 for under 13's
Rangers £7 Juniors
Hearts £5 Cat B £11 Cat A
Aberdeen £6
St Mirren £3 or £6 depending on where you sit
Killie £5 for under 16's
Motherwell £3 or £2 with an adult (under 15)
St Johnstone charge £16 for one adult and two children
Livingstone £10 under 16's

Compare that with £12 for cat B purchased before the game or £14 on the day/cat A game for an under 11.

The fact is as long as we have 14,000 home season ticket holders meaning only 2,500 ‘home end’ tickets available (less hospitality, so more 1-1.5k) the club won’t basically ‘give away’ youth tickets. How many of these clubs sell season tickets for £25? Just over £1 per game. Majority of the clubs you quoted (other than rangers and hearts) have thousands upon thousands of empty seats week in week out so need to do something to fill them.

Steven79
11-01-2019, 02:00 PM
The fact is as long as we have 14,000 home season ticket holders meaning only 2,500 ‘home end’ tickets available (less hospitality, so more 1-1.5k) the club won’t basically ‘give away’ youth tickets. How many of these clubs sell season tickets for £25? Just over £1 per game. Majority of the clubs you quoted (other than rangers and hearts) have thousands upon thousands of empty seats week in week out so need to do something to fill them.

How many of those child tickets in the home end are £25? Around 1/4 at best as the rest of the stands cost £75 which is more than what Hearts change for a season ticket (£55 or £30)

DH1875
11-01-2019, 07:41 PM

I don't think that's even the real issue. The £25 guarantees you an adult cup final ticket if we get there. That's why some people buy them.

hibbysam
11-01-2019, 09:27 PM
How many of those child tickets in the home end are £25? Around 1/4 at best as the rest of the stands cost £75 which is more than what Hearts change for a season ticket (£55 or £30)

I’m glad your not the financial advisor to the club in times like these is all I’ll say. We have very limited tickets available and you’d like to just give them away. It doesn’t matter how many £25 tickets are sold, it’s how many could potentially be sold in that area. You can get incredibly good (ludicrous in my opinion) deals for youngsters in our family stand, we don’t need to go one further and start handing out tickets for a restricted number of tickets as well. If we end up back to lower crowds again then we can revisit, but while we’re flying high with attendances we should be carrying on as we are. Catering for all ages.

Also hearts don’t have £30 tickets. Minimum is £55, and rises to £80/£110 in their main area.

So we give our youngsters the chance to watch us for £1+ per game in the family stand, or £4 per game in any other stand, and your busy moaning about walk up prices..

hibsboy07
13-01-2019, 07:37 PM
Is the Aberdeen not a cat B game,we are charging cat B prices on Feb 2 nd

tamig
13-01-2019, 07:48 PM
Hopefully move singing section back to the East .Atmosphere has been flat this season, even in a festive derby IMHO the atmosphere was poor.Has been two different areas at times this season singing

Jeez I remember when most of the stadium sang.

oldbutdim
13-01-2019, 08:36 PM
Jeez I remember when most of the stadium sang.

Most of it............... and the North Stand stamped their feet.

Lancs Harp
13-01-2019, 08:46 PM

I'd certainly appreciate an initiative of this nature or indeed a block of X amount of tickets available to anyone not just out of towners.

Juniper Greens
14-01-2019, 07:20 AM
I'd certainly appreciate an initiative of this nature or indeed a block of X amount of tickets available to anyone not just out of towners.

Great idea when there are 8000 STs. However perhaps, the stadium is just fool just now to have a good number of one third of a season ticket holders? Would be difficult to know what was and wasn't sold all the time.

Famous Fiver
14-01-2019, 06:02 PM
Midlothian Council have just increased their Aged Golden Years (65+) monthly sub for access to Leisure Facilities by 50% (£21.20 to £31.30) while leaving all other age groups untouched.

Looks like the OAPs are looked at as low hanging fruit to be picked.

Hope Hibs aren't paying attention.

Since90+2
14-01-2019, 07:06 PM
Midlothian Council have just increased their Aged Golden Years (65+) monthly sub for access to Leisure Facilities by 50% (£21.20 to £31.30) while leaving all other age groups untouched.

Looks like the OAPs are looked at as low hanging fruit to be picked.

Hope Hibs aren't paying attention.

I heard earlier today that statistically people aged 61 have the most money on average in savings and current accounts. I would reckon that the majority of 65 year olds will have far more desposible income than folk in their early to mid 20s.

Juniper Greens
15-01-2019, 07:31 AM
I heard earlier today that statistically people aged 61 have the most money on average in savings and current accounts. I would reckon that the majority of 65 year olds will have far more desposible income than folk in their early to mid 20s.

This is correct...on average, millennials are the first generation ever to be poorer than their parents (on average). I believe it's part of the reason many golf clubs have started offering discounts to people under 30/35. Imagine hibs.net if Hibs suggested such a thing though

dangermouse
15-01-2019, 02:00 PM
Consensus appears to be to increase the price of the £25 child ticket which would seriously financially hurt people who take more than one child. How about increasing the price of a child ticket but additional child tickets incur a discount and the more you buy the bigger the discount meaning people taking say 3 children aren't hit by a massive price hike?

Keith_M
15-01-2019, 05:48 PM
Consensus appears to be to increase the price of the £25 child ticket which would seriously financially hurt people who take more than one child. How about increasing the price of a child ticket but additional child tickets incur a discount and the more you buy the bigger the discount meaning people taking say 3 children aren't hit by a massive price hike?

How about keeping it at twenty five quid, and every game the child doesn't attend will cost you a fiver.

Anyone not paying the surcharge has their ticket cancelled.

Simples.

Saturday Boy
15-01-2019, 05:53 PM
Could the Admins set up a sub forum for posters to whinge about the £25 ACCOMPANIED kids season tickets and the South Stand lower in general?

It might give the rest of us some relief 😄

H18 SFR
15-01-2019, 05:59 PM
Could the Admins set up a sub forum for posters to whinge about the £25 ACCOMPANIED kids season tickets and the South Stand lower in general?

It might give the rest of us some relief 😄

Good shout.

Speedy
16-01-2019, 03:25 PM
How about keeping it at twenty five quid, and every game the child doesn't attend will cost you a fiver.

Anyone not paying the surcharge has their ticket cancelled.

Simples.

:greengrin

Jones28
16-01-2019, 04:31 PM
Not sure if this has been mentioned but what about a scheme whereby you pay £100 for a kids ST but half of it is a refundable deposit.

So if the child's ticket is used for more than 75% of games as either a child or uprgraded to an adult then the £50 is refunded. If not the club keeps it.

Granted it would be more admin for the club but for the hundreds of empty seats at home games it would worth it.

Speedy
16-01-2019, 05:06 PM
Not sure if this has been mentioned but what about a scheme whereby you pay £100 for a kids ST but half of it is a refundable deposit.

So if the child's ticket is used for more than 75% of games as either a child or uprgraded to an adult then the £50 is refunded. If not the club keeps it.

Granted it would be more admin for the club but for the hundreds of empty seats at home games it would worth it.

Can't see that ever happening.

What the club need to do is convince people that releasing their seats are in their interest. After all, extra money ultimately helps the team so we should all be on board with that.

DunblaneHibby
23-03-2019, 06:54 AM
I am a senior season ticket holder and want to renew my season ticket. Can I use the payment plan? I've looked at it but it asks for employment details and I have been retired for 5 years!

H18 SFR
23-03-2019, 08:05 AM
I am a senior season ticket holder and want to renew my season ticket. Can I use the payment plan? I've looked at it but it asks for employment details and I have been retired for 5 years!

Maybe substitute it with income details, that's what my dad did first time the plan was out.

Danderhall Hibs
23-03-2019, 09:26 AM

Who pays your pension? Put that name down as you employer? Or your home address?

DunblaneHibby
23-03-2019, 12:02 PM
Thanks all. I managed to fill form in and they seem to have accepted it. Here's hoping.

Keith_M
23-03-2019, 12:12 PM
Thanks all. I managed to fill form in and they seem to have accepted it. Here's hoping.

Good news. You can never have too many moaning faced seniors at games, rabbiting on about how much better Hibs were in the good-old-days.

:wink:

BILLYHIBS
23-03-2019, 04:59 PM
Good news. You can never have too many moaning faced seniors at games, rabbiting on about how much better Hibs were in the good-old-days.

:wink:

Hibs HIBS HIBS for the cup
Our teams the greatest Well never give up
hibs HIBS the boys in the green
the best brand of football the worlds ever seen

Weyhey!

:scarf:

Concessions for 60 and over!