PDA

View Full Version : Spurs v Chelsea semi final tonight

Hibbyradge
08-01-2019, 07:01 PM
I'm looking forward to this.

2 very strong teams although it's just the first leg.

COYS!

blackpoolhibs
08-01-2019, 07:03 PM
I'm surprised this is over 2 legs, were the earlier rounds not straight to penalties? :confused:

Frazerbob
08-01-2019, 07:09 PM
I'm surprised this is over 2 legs, were the earlier rounds not straight to penalties? :confused:

Their league cup semis are always 2 legs.

Billy Whizz
08-01-2019, 07:13 PM
Their league cup semis are always 2 legs.

All about money

HUTCHYHIBBY
08-01-2019, 07:13 PM
All my semis have two legs. Mrs McCartney didn't do it for me.

3pm
08-01-2019, 07:16 PM
Atmosphere is poor and the top tier looks empty. Thought it was just Hertz who never bothered about the League Cup.

Hibbyradge
08-01-2019, 07:17 PM
All my semis have two legs. Mrs McCartney didn't do it for me.

5/10

I can see what you were trying to achieve, but it didn't quite hit the mark.

Maybe that's what Linda said to you too?

HUTCHYHIBBY
08-01-2019, 07:22 PM
5/10

I can see what you were trying to achieve, but it's not up to your usual standard.

Maybe that's what Linda said too.

Linda was before my time, it's the one legged girl
I'm talking about!

HUTCHYHIBBY
08-01-2019, 07:25 PM
I'm in a pub outside Preston station, long journey home ahead!

HUTCHYHIBBY
08-01-2019, 07:26 PM
What's the score?

blackpoolhibs
08-01-2019, 07:26 PM
Did VAR get that right, i thought it looked like Kane was just slightly offside? :confused:

BoomtownHibees
08-01-2019, 07:27 PM
Did VAR get that right, i thought it looked like Kane was just slightly offside? :confused:

Aye got both calls spot on

3pm
08-01-2019, 07:27 PM

Didn’t look that convincing to me.

HUTCHYHIBBY
08-01-2019, 07:28 PM
Score?

Hibbyradge
Linda was before my time, it's the one legged girl
I'm talking about!

Yes, major joke fail on me.

I meant Heather Mills.

1-0 Spurs. Good 2 way VAR decision.

3pm
1-0 Spurs.

3pm
08-01-2019, 07:29 PM
Didn’t look that convincing to me.

Azpilicueta played him on.

04Sauzee
08-01-2019, 07:30 PM

I thought he was offside? Thought the rulling was if anypart of the body you can score with is an offside position then you are offside. His napper looked off to me??

blackpoolhibs
08-01-2019, 07:31 PM
Aye got both calls spot on

Just showed it again, and to me it looks like Kane is just offside, only by inches but still slightly offside?

Naw i'm talking bollox, its the guy on the far side thats playing him on.

Right decision in the end. :top marks

WoreTheGreen
08-01-2019, 07:32 PM
Scottish version Virtually Always Wrong

HUTCHYHIBBY
08-01-2019, 07:33 PM
I can enjoy 30 mins of northern soul in the railway before I return to the capital

BoomtownHibees
08-01-2019, 07:33 PM
The linesman still putting his flag up is going to cause the most confusion in games

Hibbyradge
08-01-2019, 07:35 PM
The linesman still putting his flag up is going to cause the most confusion in games

Maybe for a while, but we'll get used to it quickly.

Hang on, what do you mean?

BoomtownHibees
08-01-2019, 07:40 PM
Maybe for a while, but we'll get used to it quickly.

Hang on, what do you mean?

Players will prob get used to it but I’m thinking if a striker is running through on goal and the flag goes up as the linesman thinks he’s offside. The goalie may stop when seeing the flag go up for it then to be checked by VAR and the goal given.

I know it’s easy to say to ‘play the whistle’ but that, as you say, will take a bit of time for some to adjust to

majorhibs
08-01-2019, 07:40 PM
Non sky obsessed Spurs & Engloid players offside & dive, cannae stand that dragging the feet over opposition then diving up & down drivel, done by that t#s€r Kane & hearing all their biased commentators excusin it just doesnae dae it for me. Poor fi pathetically biased towards Spurs & Engloid sky.

JXM73
08-01-2019, 07:43 PM

Schoolboy error then, always play to the whistle

bigwheel
08-01-2019, 07:44 PM
I can enjoy 30 mins of northern soul in the railway before I return to the capital

Always a good thing to do [emoji119]✊️

BoomtownHibees
08-01-2019, 07:46 PM
Schoolboy error then, always play to the whistle

As I said above that’s easy enough to say and will take a bit of getting used to for some

leither17
08-01-2019, 07:46 PM
Kane left his leg in for that penalty, he was halfway down before the contact

Hibbyradge
08-01-2019, 07:48 PM
Players will prob get used to it but I’m thinking if a striker is running through on goal and the flag goes up as the linesman thinks he’s offside. The goalie may stop when seeing the flag go up for it then to be checked by VAR and the goal given.

I know it’s easy to say to ‘play the whistle’ but that, as you say, will take a bit of time for some to adjust to

It'll be like flags in American football.

They get thrown on if an umpire thinks they saw an offence, but the game continues.

Players just need to learn to ignore the flag. It won't take long as hall of them do that anyway. 😁

The 90+2
08-01-2019, 07:49 PM
Chelsea will win this tie they want it more. Lay against a Spurs win tonight too, they don’t give a fk tonight!

Hibernia&Alba
08-01-2019, 07:49 PM
He's a clever player. Not nearly as gormless as he looks and sounds.

Hibbyradge
08-01-2019, 07:50 PM

Mibbes aye, mibbes naw.

However, he's allowed to put his leg anywhere he likes. The keeper isn't allowed to crash into it.

majorhibs
08-01-2019, 07:51 PM

Not saint harry!!! Course he did, but engloids are a wee bit self centred when the occasion comes to criticise their ain!

Hibeesmad
08-01-2019, 07:52 PM
Chelsea will win this tie they want it more. Lay against a Spurs win tonight too, they don’t give a fk tonight!

Spurs to win 4-2 on aggregate

Hibeesmad
08-01-2019, 07:55 PM

It was a foul

lyonhibs
08-01-2019, 07:59 PM
Non sky obsessed Spurs & Engloid players offside & dive, cannae stand that dragging the feet over opposition then diving up & down drivel, done by that t#s€r Kane & hearing all their biased commentators excusin it just doesnae dae it for me. Poor fi pathetically biased towards Spurs & Engloid sky.

You're not saying Kane dived for the penalty are you? He got royally cleaned out. I'd expect any striker in the world, including our good ol' honest Hibs strikers to hit the deck in an identical fashion if they'd just had their shins rattled.

Fairly crap game though.

Geo_1875
08-01-2019, 07:59 PM

So what's the new rule? Does the linesman wave his flag but is ignored by the referee and play continues until something vhappens, eg a goal, goal-kick or a corner, at which point VAR is used to decide if the linesman was right or wrong? What happens if the linesman waves his flag, the referee and players ignore him, and a defender breaks Harry Kane's leg with a hard but fair challenge and VAR shows that offside was the correct decision? Would Spurs sue the referee or the FA?

BoomtownHibees
08-01-2019, 08:07 PM
So what's the new rule? Does the linesman wave his flag but is ignored by the referee and play continues until something vhappens, eg a goal, goal-kick or a corner, at which point VAR is used to decide if the linesman was right or wrong? What happens if the linesman waves his flag, the referee and players ignore him, and a defender breaks Harry Kane's leg with a hard but fair challenge and VAR shows that offside was the correct decision? Would Spurs sue the referee or the FA?

Yeah the commentator mentioned that the referee has stated that the linesman will do exactly as he always has

JXM73
08-01-2019, 08:12 PM

The assistant never "gives" the offside, he flags to indicate to the referee he feels he is offside in his opinion, it is up to the referee to decide and blow the whistle..

if someone were to break Kane's leg as per above the ref gives offside the rest of us applaud and laugh at the lump of woods misfortune... as for who to sue... on what grounds?

Hibbyradge
08-01-2019, 08:28 PM
The assistant never "gives" the offside, he flags to indicate to the referee he feels he is offside in his opinion, it is up to the referee to decide and blow the whistle..

if someone were to break Kane's leg as per above the ref gives offside the rest of us applaud and laugh at the lump of woods misfortune... as for who to sue... on what grounds?

Why wouldn't you laugh and applaud if he wasn't offside, if that's the sort of thing you enjoy about football?

Hibbyradge
08-01-2019, 09:23 PM
Pochettino is a class act.

COYS.

heretoday
08-01-2019, 09:27 PM
I'd back Spurs to go through. Despite nifty lead-up work, Chelsea simply can't put the ball away.

BoomtownHibees
08-01-2019, 09:27 PM
Looked offside from Chelsea’s camera angle!!

MWHIBBIES
08-01-2019, 09:28 PM
Pochettino is a class act.

COYS.

He'll be better if he actually wins something with Spurs best side in 60 years though.

Lago
08-01-2019, 09:28 PM
Well done Spurs

Hibbyradge
08-01-2019, 09:30 PM
He'll be better if he actually wins something with Spurs best side in 60 years though.

Granted.

I just love the way he conducts himself in front of the media.

Compare that to Mourhino!