PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: ELGIN CITY TICKETS ON SALE NOW

Pages : [1] 2

RSS Bot
08-01-2019, 03:30 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/9594)

Zazu62
08-01-2019, 04:24 PM
£22 for a game against Elgin

PatHead
08-01-2019, 04:38 PM
Any dot count yet? If not,why not?

😀

Diclonius
08-01-2019, 04:40 PM
I fancy a change of scenery so waiting for the inevitable deluge of ST seats past the deadline. Will be good to see some of our new players.

Ringothedog
08-01-2019, 07:25 PM
£22 for a game against Elgin

We don’t have any choice with the price, Elgin have to agree to a reduction. Quite rightly they want as much money as possible. You can of course by your ticket early and save £2

Allant1981
08-01-2019, 07:28 PM
Looking to take my laddie to his first ever game so will be going to this, he doesn't really have any interest in football but need to do something together!!

Hibernian32
08-01-2019, 08:35 PM
I'll be going with the wee man to this one, how can they charge £10/12 for a child against Elgin in the Scottish Cup is beyond me, kids get in for free with ST at some championship clubs. I paid £6 for his ticket away to ST Mirren this season. I don't mind my price but we should be getting as much kids in as possible especially for the cup. Hibs seriously need to look at there grading and pricing scheme for the wee ones.

Billy Whizz
08-01-2019, 08:37 PM
I'll be going with the wee man to this one, how can they charge £10/12 for a child against Elgin in the Scottish Cup is beyond me, kids get in for free with ST at some championship clubs. I paid £6 for his ticket away to ST Mirren this season. I don't mind my price but we should be getting as much kids in as possible especially for the cup. Hibs seriously need to look at there grading and pricing scheme for the wee ones.

1000% agree with your post

BoomtownHibees
08-01-2019, 08:42 PM

I don’t think the prices for this game are solely down to Hibs

Hibernia&Alba
08-01-2019, 08:45 PM
I don’t think the prices for this game are solely down to Hibs

It's a shame, though. It's the perfect fixture to have kids for a fiver or something thereabouts.

Ringothedog
08-01-2019, 08:45 PM

Elgin have to agree any price reduction, if they don’t there is nothing Hibs can do about it.

BoomtownHibees
08-01-2019, 08:46 PM
It's a shame, though. It's the perfect fixture to have kids for a fiver or something thereabouts.

Agreed

Blaster
08-01-2019, 08:55 PM
Maybe a question for the fans reps. Did Elgin insist on standard prices for this game?

Hate to see our club possibly getting another kicking for something they had no control over

Keith_M
08-01-2019, 08:58 PM
Ticket prices for the Game at Motherwell.

Adult: - £24.00

Concession: (60 and over/16-18 year olds/Full-time Students with a valid matriculation card) - £17.00

Juveniles: (Under 16) - £3.00

Hibernian32
08-01-2019, 09:04 PM
Elgin have to agree any price reduction, if they don’t there is nothing Hibs can do about it.
Surely we would set our own prices or do the SFA set ticket prices across the board for all the rounds? I agree once hibs publish the prices and then want to change them Elgin would then have a right to say if they agree to a price cut, but don't we set the price for tickets first? Even if we set the price at £20 for adults and £5 for kids that would still see Elgin get a tidy pay out

BoomtownHibees
08-01-2019, 09:05 PM
Surely we would set our own prices or do the SFA set ticket prices across the board for all the rounds? I agree once hibs publish the prices and then want to change them Elgin would then have a right to say if they agree to a price cut, but don't we set the price for tickets first? Even if we set the price at £20 for adults and £5 for kids that would still see Elgin get a tidy pay out

The price is agreed between the 2 clubs

Keith_M
08-01-2019, 09:08 PM

There's a standard price, according to which league the home team is in. One side can then propose a reduction but the other club have to agree, or the standard price is the one used.

Ringothedog
08-01-2019, 09:35 PM
There's a standard price, according to which league the home team is in. One side can then propose a reduction but the other club have to agree, or the standard price is the one used.

The price is based on the team from higher league not who is at home

wallpaperman
08-01-2019, 09:38 PM
I don't like to give Hearts credit for anything but i see that they, along with Livi, have agreed to £15 for their tie, between two top league sides. Very sensible.

Surely Elgin must have been the barrier here, though I'm sure Hibs will be too polite to confirm this?

Keith_M
08-01-2019, 09:45 PM
The price is based on the team from higher league not who is at home

Apologies.

However, the part about both parties having to agree to a reduction is the important fact.

cabbageandribs1875
08-01-2019, 09:49 PM
I don't like to give Hearts credit for anything but i see that they, along with Livi, have agreed to £15 for their tie, between two top league sides. Very sensible.

Surely Elgin must have been the barrier here, though I'm sure Hibs will be too polite to confirm this?

very reasonable pricing for two teams in the top flight :agree:

Ringothedog
08-01-2019, 09:52 PM
Apologies.

However, the part about both parties having to agree to a reduction is the important fact.

Totally, sometimes lower league clubs are far too greedy for their own good

Zazu62
08-01-2019, 09:55 PM
So what happens if both clubs disagree on the ticket prices?

monktonharp
08-01-2019, 09:56 PM
Looking to take my laddie to his first ever game so will be going to this, he doesn't really have any interest in football but need to do something together!!if it's entertainment you want, go to the pictures:wink: will probably be cheaper tae

BoomtownHibees
08-01-2019, 09:57 PM
So what happens if both clubs disagree on the ticket prices?

As mentioned above there is a standard price however if both teams agree on a reduction then the price will be reduced. If both teams don’t agree then the standard price will be charged

Allant1981
08-01-2019, 10:32 PM
if it's entertainment you want, go to the pictures:wink: will probably be cheaper tae

Dunno about that, he costs me a fortune going there as well

Hibernian32
09-01-2019, 04:28 AM
Thanks for clearing that up mate

Brooster
09-01-2019, 06:54 AM
I think the authorities need to look at the rules etc if teams like Elgin can dictate that Hibs charge top dollar for a game like this. I've bought my tickets but there's no doubting the pricing structure is way off for this one. By comparison I got in to Newcastle v Blackburn last Saturday for £10 and £5.

JimBHibees
09-01-2019, 07:26 AM
I think the authorities need to look at the rules etc if teams like Elgin can dictate that Hibs charge top dollar for a game like this. I've bought my tickets but there's no doubting the pricing structure is way off for this one. By comparison I got in to Newcastle v Blackburn last Saturday for £10 and £5.

Totally agree unacceptable pricing for a game v Elgin in the middle of January when season tickets dont apply.

LustForLeith
09-01-2019, 07:29 AM
They should have offered a tonne of tickets to schools. The first ever game I went to was against Hamilton when local schools got free tickets..

marinello59
09-01-2019, 07:48 AM
They should have offered a tonne of tickets to schools. The first ever game I went to was against Hamilton when local schools got free tickets..

Do you think Elgin City would have been letting loads of kids in for free if the game was played at Borough Briggs? I don’t think we can expect them to effectively subsidise a scheme like that.

JXM73
09-01-2019, 07:56 AM
We should insist on a discount for the replay

Col L
09-01-2019, 10:54 AM
Totally agree unacceptable pricing for a game v Elgin in the middle of January when season tickets dont apply.

Also agree this is unacceptable. The party line seems to be that Elgin - by not agreeing to reduced prices - have forced Hibs' hand here. That may be the case, but can the Fans Reps confirm?

If it is the case that Elgin insisted on full prices, well more fool them. Very short-sighted and it will probably cost them rather than benefit them from the number of people who will vote with their feet and not go. You would think they would want their players to get a cup tie in front of as big a crowd as possible.

I'm a season ticket holder and go to most away games, but do not intend to go to this one - after the flurry of games in December, Christmas, New Year and family birthdays, it's an expense I can do without. I'm not knocking anyone who is going, far from it, but it feels like a slap in the face to be asked to pay full price for a game where the ground will probably be half full at best. I especially take issue with the pricing for kids - Hibs fall way behind other clubs in this regard. I've had to pay less for my laddie at just about every other ground in Scotland than Hibs charge.

I think the club need to look more closely at rewarding loyal fans when the opportunity arises. My team down south, Swansea, for example paid for all 2,500 away tickets for their fans to go to Villa in the FA Cup - and they won 3-0 too!

If Hibs absolutely had to agree to these prices, could they not have rewarded/compensated fans in another way - voucher for the club shop, discount for a future match etc?

Blaster
09-01-2019, 11:00 AM
Season ticket holders get 10% off if buy by lunchtime today

Carheenlea
09-01-2019, 12:06 PM

£20 for an adult to see Hibs in the Scottish Cup (up to today) is fine, but agree that the kids pricing is a bit on the heavy side.

Blaster
09-01-2019, 12:08 PM
£20 for an adult to see Hibs in the Scottish Cup (up to today) is fine, but agree that the kids pricing is a bit on the heavy side.

I agree mate as do most folk I think.

Diclonius
09-01-2019, 12:11 PM
Tickets now offline, presume they'll be back up with the new prices/seats shortly.

Bishop Hibee
09-01-2019, 12:28 PM
I paid £15 for a ticket to see Middlesbrough v Peterborough Utd on Saturday. Normally £32 for the part of the ground I sat in.

JimBHibees
09-01-2019, 01:13 PM

Thought the discount period would have been up till nearer the game date seems a little odd for it to be withdrawn ten days or so before the game. Had no idea this was the case.

Borderhibbie76
09-01-2019, 01:16 PM
I think the authorities need to look at the rules etc if teams like Elgin can dictate that Hibs charge top dollar for a game like this. I've bought my tickets but there's no doubting the pricing structure is way off for this one. By comparison I got in to Newcastle v Blackburn last Saturday for £10 and £5.If Elgin did insist on the pricing for this...it's gonna cost them as it's deffo going to affect the crowd...especially at this time of Year when we are all skint

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Hibbyradge
09-01-2019, 01:18 PM
If Elgin did insist on the pricing for this...it's gonna cost them as it's deffo going to affect the crowd...especially at this time of Year when we are all skint

Gauld and another one or two will boost the attendance.

Borderhibbie76
09-01-2019, 01:19 PM
Gauld and another one or two will boost the attendance.Hopefully mate yeah...a couple of quality signings will deffo stir interest

Blaster
09-01-2019, 01:31 PM
If Elgin did insist on the pricing for this...it's gonna cost them as it's deffo going to affect the crowd...especially at this time of Year when we are all skint

I know where you are coming from but I expect it will work out about the same or better off with the higher price

5000 at £20 or 10000 at £10. Do you think we’d get an extra 5000 with the cheaper price? I don’t think we would.

Borderhibbie76
09-01-2019, 01:34 PM
I know where you are coming from but I expect it will work out about the same or better off with the higher price

5000 at £20 or 10000 at £10. Do you think we’d get an extra 5000 with the cheaper price? I don’t think we would.Probably not mate no....the best thing Hibs could do to boost the crowd would be to announce a couple of quality signings in next week or so...that should add a couple of thousand to gate I'd imagine...fingers crossed

Blaster
09-01-2019, 01:38 PM
Probably not mate no....the best thing Hibs could do to boost the crowd would be to announce a couple of quality signings in next week or so...that should add a couple of thousand to gate I'd imagine...fingers crossed

Maybe they’ve deliberately held off announcing the new signings to get that extra £2 in 😄

Borderhibbie76
09-01-2019, 01:39 PM
Maybe they’ve deliberately held off announcing the new signings to get that extra £2 in [emoji1]Haha Petrie [emoji85][emoji85][emoji85]

scoopyboy
09-01-2019, 01:46 PM

This post says it all for me.

Keith_M
09-01-2019, 01:56 PM
This post says it all for me.

:agree:

I'm in the fortunate position where I can afford it, and will be attending anyway, but money's tight for a lot of people (I know what that's like as well) and it would have been nice for the club to be able to encourage a decent attendance by giving them reduced prices.

Football is a spectacle and a decent crowd adds to that. If we lost a few hundred quid but had a much larger crowd, I think it would be worth it.

marinello59
09-01-2019, 02:20 PM

Meanwhile in a thread not too far away people are complaining that kids season tickets in FF lower are too cheap. :greengrin

SChibs
09-01-2019, 03:06 PM
Giving this one a miss, I actually feel disappointed in myself for not going but I'm saving for a house so that comes first just now

SideBurns
09-01-2019, 03:22 PM
Also agree this is unacceptable. The party line seems to be that Elgin - by not agreeing to reduced prices - have forced Hibs' hand here. That may be the case, but can the Fans Reps confirm?

If it is the case that Elgin insisted on full prices, well more fool them. Very short-sighted and it will probably cost them rather than benefit them from the number of people who will vote with their feet and not go. You would think they would want their players to get a cup tie in front of as big a crowd as possible.

I'm a season ticket holder and go to most away games, but do not intend to go to this one - after the flurry of games in December, Christmas, New Year and family birthdays, it's an expense I can do without. I'm not knocking anyone who is going, far from it, but it feels like a slap in the face to be asked to pay full price for a game where the ground will probably be half full at best. I especially take issue with the pricing for kids - Hibs fall way behind other clubs in this regard. I've had to pay less for my laddie at just about every other ground in Scotland than Hibs charge.

I think the club need to look more closely at rewarding loyal fans when the opportunity arises. My team down south, Swansea, for example paid for all 2,500 away tickets for their fans to go to Villa in the FA Cup - and they won 3-0 too!

If Hibs absolutely had to agree to these prices, could they not have rewarded/compensated fans in another way - voucher for the club shop, discount for a future match etc?

Agreed. A lack of imagination, but no shortage of greed - whether from Hibs, Elgin, or a combination of both clubs we may never know.

Very much doubt I'll be there, and I fear the pricing will attract the crowd it deserves.

marinello59
09-01-2019, 03:50 PM
It costs £14 to watch Elgin City play at home in the league. £9 for concessions. What do people expect to pay to see Hibs play anybody in the Scottish Cup? IF the answer is somewhere between our normal admission price and theirs then accusing either of the clubs of greed seems a bit harsh.

G15 Hibs
09-01-2019, 04:18 PM
Agreed. A lack of imagination, but no shortage of greed - whether from Hibs, Elgin, or a combination of both clubs we may never know..

It would be a bit harsh to accuse Elgin of greed. I hardly imagine their directors are lighting cigars with £20 notes in anticipation of the filthy lucre inflating their coffers. Its a well run club but done on a shoestring which requires fiscal prudence and a decent social club to keep it going. Along with Peterhead they're probably the farthest travelled club over the course of a league season in Scotland. That costs a bit. Games like this and a few thousand quid go a long way to keep them going. Can't blame them for wanting to maximise it.

Brightside
09-01-2019, 04:20 PM
Maybe a question for the fans reps. Did Elgin insist on standard prices for this game?

Hate to see our club possibly getting another kicking for something they had no control over

Do we have active fans reps anymore? That’s not a dig but we used to get updates but I’ve not heard a peep for months.

green&left
09-01-2019, 04:45 PM
Every cup game we charge near full price, every cup game most other clubs charge less then us, yet every time people on try and defend it saying its the oppositions fault, instead of just accepting our board can be robbing barstards at times. We'll have the most expensive tickets in the country that weekend.

Going to be a tad hypocritical as I don't like talking about them, especially on a Hibs site but Hertz are charging £15 adults, £10 students/oap's and £5 U16's for their cup tie v Livi. Aberdeen are charging the exact same for Stenhousemuir as are Killie for their game against Forfar. Infact even Celtic are charging those prices aswell.

Hibernia&Alba
09-01-2019, 04:55 PM
Every cup game we charge near full price, every cup game most other clubs charge less then us, yet every time people on try and defend it saying its the oppositions fault, instead of just accepting our board can be robbing barstards at times. We'll have the most expensive tickets in the country that weekend.

Going to be a tad hypocritical as I don't like talking about them, especially on a Hibs site but Hertz are charging £15 adults, £10 students/oap's and £5 U16's for their cup tie v Livi. Aberdeen are charging the exact same for Stenhousemuir as are Killie for their game against Forfar. Infact even Celtic are charging those prices aswell.
Yes, that's reasonable for this kind of tie. Hearts also have a local derby against another SPFL club, which is even better value. We've priced this game incorrectly, IMHO.

SideBurns
09-01-2019, 05:24 PM
It costs £14 to watch Elgin City play at home in the league. £9 for concessions. What do people expect to pay to see Hibs play anybody in the Scottish Cup? IF the answer is somewhere between our normal admission price and theirs then accusing either of the clubs of greed seems a bit harsh.

It is greed, in my opinion, as prices have been fixed with apparent disregard for the financial strain on supporters and their families (especially those who'd like to travel down from Elgin) at the tail end of January. Of course, Elgin as a club want to make as much money as they can, but they'd still get a bumper pay day if the pricing was reasonable and allowed more fans (in particular those who have children they'd usually bring along) to attend.

Even cheaper kids tickets would be an acknowledgement that the clubs understand we've all just been through the most expensive time of the year (and that expense has included supporting our football teams!).

B.H.F.C
09-01-2019, 05:26 PM
Be lucky if 5000 bother for this.

marinello59
09-01-2019, 05:35 PM
It is greed, in my opinion, as prices have been fixed with apparent disregard for the financial strain on supporters and their families (especially those who'd like to travel down from Elgin) at the tail end of January. Of course, Elgin as a club want to make as much money as they can, but they'd still get a bumper pay day if the pricing was reasonable and allowed more fans (in particular those who have children they'd usually bring along) to attend.

Even cheaper kids tickets would be an acknowledgement that the clubs understand we've all just been through the most expensive time of the year (and that expense has included supporting our football teams!).

Are the Elgin fans complaining?
I take it if we had been playing Hearts you would have wanted ticket prices slashed as well then as we still wouldn’t have any more cash to spend. I think the tickets could have been cheaper but I don’t think they were too far off the mark if you had the ST discount.

SideBurns
09-01-2019, 05:51 PM
Are the Elgin fans complaining?
I take it if we had been playing Hearts you would have wanted ticket prices slashed as well then as we still wouldn’t have any more cash to spend. I think the tickets could have been cheaper but I don’t think they were too far off the mark if you had the ST discount.

I don't know if the Elgin fans are complaining - i don't know any. It'd be funny if none of those thinking of travelling wouldn't prefer the prices to be cheaper though?!

In answer to your question about a hypothetical scenario involving Hearts: Yes, I'd expect the prices to be lower than they usually are for a category 'a' league game.

Ach well, we're never going to find common ground here, Marinello - you think the prices are ok and I don't. Let's leave it at that! I also think a fiver a pint is an outrage, but there must be enough people happy and willing to pay it to keep the pubs of Dode Street in business...

Col L
10-01-2019, 09:50 AM
It would be a bit harsh to accuse Elgin of greed. I hardly imagine their directors are lighting cigars with £20 notes in anticipation of the filthy lucre inflating their coffers. Its a well run club but done on a shoestring which requires fiscal prudence and a decent social club to keep it going. Along with Peterhead they're probably the farthest travelled club over the course of a league season in Scotland. That costs a bit. Games like this and a few thousand quid go a long way to keep them going. Can't blame them for wanting to maximise it.

Personally I am not knocking Elgin for 'greed' in this case, but they do have some previous! https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/20456791

My point is that between Hibs and Elgin they could probably have added a few thousand on to the gate by boldly showing the imagination to price it far cheaper and attract people along. As other posters have pointed out, plenty other top clubs in England and Scotland seem to be recognise that extra efforts need to be made to entice people to cup ties not covered by their season tickets, and to reward their fans.

The price we routinely charge for kids tickets (apart from FF season tickets) is just plain wrong.

Steven79
10-01-2019, 10:00 AM
Personally I am not knocking Elgin for 'greed' in this case, but they do have some previous! https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/20456791

My point is that between Hibs and Elgin they could probably have added a few thousand on to the gate by boldly showing the imagination to price it far cheaper and attract people along. As other posters have pointed out, plenty other top clubs in England and Scotland seem to be recognise that extra efforts need to be made to entice people to cup ties not covered by their season tickets, and to reward their fans.

The price we routinely charge for kids tickets (apart from FF season tickets) is just plain wrong.

Tickets for kids in the rest of the ground are £75 which is still good value at £4 per game but the likes of Hearts are still cheaper at £55 for most seats in the ground and £30 for a cat B season ticket.

Col L
10-01-2019, 12:20 PM
Tickets for kids in the rest of the ground are £75 which is still good value at £4 per game but the likes of Hearts are still cheaper at £55 for most seats in the ground and £30 for a cat B season ticket.

You're right, season ticket prices are decent, but individual ticket prices are still too high - including what we charge away fans with kids. Other clubs have a much fairer structure.

Steven79
10-01-2019, 12:23 PM
You're right, season ticket prices are decent, but individual ticket prices are still too high - including what we charge away fans. Other clubs have a much fairer structure.

I think Hearts only charge cat B away fans £5 for kids under 13 which is much fairer than the £12 that we charge just now.

Maybe a revamp of prices for next season would be in order as we need to encourage kids (Both home and away fans) to come to live football rather than sitting on the couch watching English football.

traceyhibs
12-01-2019, 06:27 PM
Hi there,

Apologies for the delay. I did want this raised at the last board meeting but unfortunately I was unable to attend.

I have had feedback and the pricing was finalised based on budget, it being the Scottish Cup competition and Elgin agreed on price.

I have noted all feedback from here, other sites and what’s been messaged to me and will be feeding it back and raising the points that have been raised.

Thanks

Tracey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B.H.F.C
12-01-2019, 06:48 PM
Hi there,

Apologies for the delay. I did want this raised at the last board meeting but unfortunately I was unable to attend.

I have had feedback and the pricing was finalised based on budget, it being the Scottish Cup competition and Elgin agreed on price.

I have noted all feedback from here, other sites and what’s been messaged to me and will be feeding it back and raising the points that have been raised.

Thanks

Tracey

Tracey, that basically reads as the board thinking £22 at home to Elgin is ok. It might be the Scottish Cup but not interested in incentivising folk to go whatsoever. Very poor when you look at prices around the country for other ties.

Albanian Hibs
12-01-2019, 06:51 PM
Giving this one a miss, I actually feel disappointed in myself for not going but I'm saving for a house so that comes first just now

That's where I am too. Just forked out £22 & £24 for next 2 away games so giving the cup game a miss.

traceyhibs
12-01-2019, 07:00 PM
Tracey, that basically reads as the board thinking £22 at home to Elgin is ok. It might be the Scottish Cup but not interested in incentivising folk to go whatsoever. Very poor when you look at prices around the country for other ties.

Its something we definitely need to look at moving forward. You make very valid points

Hibeewilly
12-01-2019, 07:10 PM
A huge own goal by Hibs...…..far to expensive for what it is...….. even more so with us having two away games the following week.

Since90+2
12-01-2019, 07:14 PM
Price is absolutely ridiculous to be honest. I'm actually amazed that the board thought £22 for this game in January is acceptable. I believe Hearts are charging £15 for their cup game against Premier League opposition and Hibs are trying to fleece us for £22.

The attendance will be tiny and you could get away with only opening the West Stand and still have space.

Hibeewilly
12-01-2019, 07:18 PM
A huge own goal by Hibs...…..far to expensive for what it is...….. even more so with us having two away games the following week.

staunchhibby
12-01-2019, 07:23 PM
Time the club repaid the supporters who have turned up in great numbers to support them.

PISTOL1875
12-01-2019, 07:24 PM
Hi there,

Thanks

Tracey

If you couldn't attend them couldn't you have asked Frank to have raised the point then ??

B.H.F.C
12-01-2019, 07:27 PM
Its something we definitely need to look at moving forward. You make very valid points

I hope they do but doubt they will.

I’ve given the benefit of the doubt about other teams having to agree price etc. Your post reflects a lot of the perceptions about our board though IMO.

We will be lucky to have 5000 at the game. Talking about budget as well. What about the budget supporters have at this time of year.

As others have said, the kids pricing is the particularly poor bit.

Brooster
12-01-2019, 07:28 PM
So Hibs set the price.....I can't say I'm surprised. Complete disregard for the fans and pure greed. The board are so out of touch. As I said earlier I got into Newcastle v Blackburn for £10 and £5 last week but I've paid £20 and £10 for Elgin (inclusive of discount). Hibs are taking the p155.

Allant1981
12-01-2019, 07:31 PM
Hi there,

Thanks

Tracey

do you not think it's a bit late to give feedback to the club now when the match is in a weeks time? The board aren't going to change it now, I appreciate you will be busy and may not be able to attend every board meeting but these are issues that should be getting fed back to the club asap

SideBurns
12-01-2019, 07:38 PM
We can only hope that the club learns the lesson from this mistake. I'm sure that a similar draw next season will see lower prices - in the case of the bairns' admission, much lower.

JimBHibees
12-01-2019, 07:47 PM
Hi there,

Thanks

Tracey

If true a shocker. No chance Elgin requested the pricing?

traceyhibs
12-01-2019, 07:47 PM
do you not think it's a bit late to give feedback to the club now when the match is in a weeks time? The board aren't going to change it now, I appreciate you will be busy and may not be able to attend every board meeting but these are issues that should be getting fed back to the club asap

It is too late for this match unfortunately but I would expect us to get through this tie and we will then have further matches.

I wasn’t too busy either and missing a meeting is not something I take lightly.

traceyhibs
12-01-2019, 07:48 PM
If true a shocker. No chance Elgin requested the pricing.

Both clubs have to agree the pricing before it can be announced

Allant1981
12-01-2019, 07:50 PM
It is too late for this match unfortunately but I would expect us to get through this tie and we will then have further matches.

I wasn’t too busy either and missing a meeting is not something I take lightly.

Here's hoping!! As I say I appreciate you may not be able to attend every meeting

Borderhibbie76
12-01-2019, 07:53 PM
Be lucky if 5000 bother for this.Yup it's middle of Jan and we've just came off an 8 game Dec with 5 home games. Real lack of imagination from both clubs with these prices and it will attract the crowd it deserves tbh

Borderhibbie76
12-01-2019, 07:56 PM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkThanks for the feedback Tracey but please feedback to the board this is a bit out of order in comparison to other clubs pricing around the country - very unfair on supporters at a tough time of the year financially. I've bought tickets for well and st mirren away this weekend so simply cannot afford this one as well at these prices

hfc rd
12-01-2019, 07:58 PM
Yup it's middle of Jan and we've just came off an 8 game Dec with 5 home games. Real lack of imagination from both clubs with these prices and it will attract the crowd it deserves tbh

This.

I know both clubs agree to the pricing but common sense should have prevailed on setting a decent price that is affordable for all and will attract a half decent crowd.

Club only have themselves to blame if the attendance is embarrassing which won’t be surprising.

traceyhibs
12-01-2019, 07:58 PM
Thanks for the feedback Tracey but please feedback to the board this is a bit out of order in comparison to other clubs pricing around the country - very unfair on supporters at a tough time of the year financially. I've bought tickets for well and st mirren away this weekend so simply cannot afford this one as well at these prices

I will be feeding it back. I’m the same with the away tickets this week also and with the 2 girls. We will be there next week but I’m luckily enough to be able to do so but totally get others can’t especially this time of year.

Borderhibbie76
12-01-2019, 08:00 PM
I will be feeding it back. I’m the same with the away tickets this week also and with the 2 girls. We will be there next week but I’m luckily enough to be able to do so but totally get others can’t especially this time of year.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkThanks Tracey - as I've mentioned in a previous post Dec was a tough month financially for us too with 8 matches- real lack of vision from the Board

JimBHibees
12-01-2019, 08:07 PM
Both clubs have to agree the pricing before it can be announced

I know that just whether Elgin indicated the pricing rather than Hibs.

Famous Fiver
12-01-2019, 08:20 PM
Give everyone who attends on Saturday a voucher for first dibs at a Cup Final ticket.

Billy Whizz
12-01-2019, 08:23 PM

Tracey doesn’t say that the board made the decision on ticket pricing, only that she was taking the decision to the board

Love your honesty on this Tracey, could easily have bruised it under the carpet

BoomtownHibees
12-01-2019, 08:24 PM
I would say it’s “unbelievable” that the Hibs board set these prices due to “budget” but it isn’t really

hibbyfraelibby
12-01-2019, 08:26 PM
So the crowd will be c8,000 mainly because its a cup game not included in ST. To boost the crowd to say 25% to 10,000 some are suggesting entry is priced at 60% of normal prices. Basic maths tells you that nonsense, especially as you share the gate.

BoomtownHibees
12-01-2019, 08:27 PM
Tracey doesn’t say that the board made the decision on ticket pricing, only that she was taking the decision to the board

Tracey said “I have had feedback and the pricing was finalised based on budget, it being the Scottish Cup competition and Elgin agreed on price”

That says to me the price was set by the Hibs board

B.H.F.C
12-01-2019, 08:27 PM

I’m not sure what you mean here? If the board didn’t make the decision, who did? And what decision did she take to them?

DarlingtonHibee
12-01-2019, 08:36 PM
I would think it was a conference call between leeann and our fd, and the Elgin equivalent.

Billy Whizz
12-01-2019, 08:48 PM
I’m not sure what you mean here? If the board didn’t make the decision, who did? And what decision did she take to them?

What I meant was do the board make the decisions on Cup ticket pricing. Thought that would be the job of the commercial dept
Maybe Tracey has disagreed with the pricing and decided to take it to the board for discussion

DarlingtonHibee
12-01-2019, 09:18 PM
If it went to the board, then leann would have presented her case for the pricing. Little the fans rep can do.

Kojock
12-01-2019, 09:48 PM
Not having a pop at the fans reps but the system and conditions they work to. They are basically toothless dogs and are used as whipping boys/girls for the board. Instead of fans contacting the club 're ticketing, catering, tannoy system etc they now contact the fans reps who take the flak the board should be receiving. Having read numerous responses from the board via the fans reps it is obvious they are censored and have to dance to the boards tune.

Nakedmanoncrack
12-01-2019, 09:52 PM
Not having a pop at the fans reps but the system and conditions they work to. They are basically toothless dogs and are used as whipping boys/girls for the board. Instead of fans contacting the club 're ticketing, catering, tannoy system etc they now contact the fans reps who take the flak the board should be receiving. Having read numerous responses from the board via the fans reps it is obvious they are censored and have to dance to the boards tune.

:agree:

B.H.F.C
12-01-2019, 10:32 PM

Completely agree.

Hibernia&Alba
13-01-2019, 02:22 PM

I don't know whether the reps are censored to any agree, but I agree with the point about their taking flak for matters which are out of their hands. They don't take the decisions.

matty_f
13-01-2019, 03:11 PM
It's actually incredible that someone thought that this was reasonably priced. Surely it doesn't take a fans' rep telling the rest of the board that it's too high?

Total disregard for supporters on this occasion, imho.

Danderhall Hibs
13-01-2019, 03:23 PM
It's actually incredible that someone thought that this was reasonably priced. Surely it doesn't take a fans' rep telling the rest of the board that it's too high?

Also poor that both reps couldn’t make it to the Board meeting - I get that this isn’t their day job but if there’s no representation the meeting should be rescheduled- otherwise you’ve got to ask the question - do we really need them?

marinello59
13-01-2019, 03:27 PM

What price should it have been then? It costs £14 to for a seat at Elgin’s league games so presumably somewhere between that and the price we had for ST holders? How many £s out are we talking?

Since90+2
13-01-2019, 03:30 PM
What price should it have been then? It costs £14 to for a seat at Elgin’s league games so presumably somewhere between that and the price we had for ST holders? How many £s out are we talking?

It should have been £15 for adults and a fiver for kids. Charging £22 for a cup game in January against Elgin is madness.

marinello59
13-01-2019, 03:30 PM
Also poor that both reps couldn’t make it to the Board meeting - I get that this isn’t their day job but if there’s no representation the meeting should be rescheduled- otherwise you’ve got to ask the question - do we really need them?

Were these prices actually set at a board meeting? Surely reps from our club met with reps from Elgin to set the price. I have no idea if that is the case but it makes more sense to me that it would be done that way.

marinello59
13-01-2019, 03:38 PM
It should have been £15 for adults and a fiver for kids. Charging £22 for a cup game in January against Elgin is madness.

So just a £ more than Elgin charge for a seat at their league games to watch Hibs play in the Scottish Cup?
Did ST holders pay £22 then? I can’t remember.

Kojock
13-01-2019, 03:39 PM
I don't know whether the reps are censored to any agree, but I agree with the point about their taking flak for matters which are out of their hands. They don't take the decisions.

Of course they are heavily censored they can only say what the board wants them to say, don't toe the party line then you're out on your backside.

Since90+2
13-01-2019, 03:43 PM
So just a £ more than Elgin charge for a seat at their league games to watch Hibs play in the Scottish Cup?
Did ST holders pay £22 then? I can’t remember.

To be honest what Elgin charge their supporters (I believe it's £12 cheapest) for league games is pretty irrelevant. They will have their own reasons for charging what they do.

If we want to go down the comparison route what are other Premiership teams charging for the same stage in the Scottish? I know Hearts are charging £15 for their tie which is against Premier League opposition.

The game is overpriced and will be reflected in the crowd.

marinello59
13-01-2019, 03:43 PM
Of course they are heavily censored they can only say what the board wants them to say, don't toe the party line then you're out on your backside.

That’s normal board room collective responsibility isn’t it? It’s why I always thought these were fairly pointless roles. As soon as they joined the board they effectively stopped being fans reps.

Danderhall Hibs
13-01-2019, 03:47 PM
Were these prices actually set at a board meeting? Surely reps from our club met with reps from Elgin to set the price. I have no idea if that is the case but it makes more sense to me that it would be done that way.

I agree - my point was more that Tracey (and Frank?) can apparently only raise the issue about the price at the Board meeting. Unfortunately neither were there so the issue/question isn’t or can’t be raised.

marinello59
13-01-2019, 03:48 PM
To be honest what Elgin charge their supporters (I believe it's £12 cheapest) for league games is pretty irrelevant. They will have their own reasons for charging what they do.

The game is overpriced and will be reflected in the crowd.

I agree it’s over riced but I don’t think it’s as far out as some are suggesting. Elgin’s £12 admission is for the terracing, I was comparing like for like.
THe crows will be lower but the revenue will still be more than would have been generated with substantially reduced prices. Why should Elgin be bothered by how many Hibs fans turn up, it’s all about the bottom line for them.

marinello59
13-01-2019, 03:49 PM
I agree - my point was more that Tracey (and Frank?) can apparently only raise the issue about the price at the Board meeting. Unfortunately neither were there so the issue/question isn’t or can’t be raised.

Ah, got you.
Fair point.

matty_f
13-01-2019, 03:49 PM

£15-£18 imho.

Since90+2
13-01-2019, 03:51 PM
I agree it’s over riced but I don’t think it’s as far out as some are suggesting. Elgin’s £12 admission is for the terracing, I was comparing like for like.
THe crows will be lower but the revenue will still be more than would have been generated with substantially reduced prices. Why should Elgin be bothered by how many Hibs fans turn up, it’s all about the bottom line for them.

Aberdeen are charging £15 for their game against Stenhousemuir yet we are asking our fans for £7 more for a game against similar opposition at the same stage in the cup.

Either Aberdeen have underpriced it or we have overpriced it. I know which side I am leaning towards.

Billy Whizz
13-01-2019, 03:52 PM
£15-£18 imho.

Match should have been £15 for adults and £5 for kids maximum

matty_f
13-01-2019, 03:52 PM
That’s normal board room collective responsibility isn’t it? It’s why I always thought these were fairly pointless roles. As soon as they joined the board they effectively stopped being fans reps.

I think fans reps is an inappropriate title for their role, as it's virtually impossible to represent the fans - we have different votes on things so how do they represent two polarised opinions?

Supporter elected directors would be a better term. Although my phone wanted to change that to super ejected directors, which sounds more exciting.

Billy Whizz
13-01-2019, 03:55 PM
I think fans reps is an inappropriate title for their role, as it's virtually impossible to represent the fans - we have different votes on things so how do they represent two polarised opinions?

Supporter elected directors would be a better term. Although my phone wanted to change that to super ejected directors, which sounds more exciting.

Are the elections not due next month for this?

marinello59
13-01-2019, 03:56 PM
£15-£18 imho.

£18 was the figure I would have gone with for this one.

Kojock
13-01-2019, 03:59 PM

They should be totally independent of the board and should be more like union reps fighting the cause for the supporters.

marinello59
13-01-2019, 04:00 PM
They should be totally independent of the board and should be more like union reps fighting the cause for the supporters.

Agreed.

Kojock
13-01-2019, 04:01 PM
£18 was the figure I would have gone with for this one.

With a £2 discount for season ticket holders who purchase before a certain date.

matty_f
13-01-2019, 04:01 PM

I don't think that would work.

They're best placed on the board with equal voting rights as the other directors, as they are now, imho.

The Harp
13-01-2019, 04:02 PM
So the crowd will be c8,000 mainly because its a cup game not included in ST. To boost the crowd to say 25% to 10,000 some are suggesting entry is priced at 60% of normal prices. Basic maths tells you that nonsense, especially as you share the gate.

Don't think there's any chance of an 8k attendance due to the ridiculous prices - I'd imagine a crowd of around 5k.
Didn't realise the decision makers at ER were so out of touch with reality.

Kojock
13-01-2019, 04:14 PM
I don't think that would work.

They're best placed on the board with equal voting rights as the other directors, as they are now, imho.

I hear what you are saying, but it appears that if any of them raise anything with the board, the board listen then do what they want to do anyway. It would've been interesting if one of the fans reps was present at the ticket pricing meeting and objected to the price. My guess is the price would still be the same with the fans rep repeating the boards stance.

matty_f
13-01-2019, 04:15 PM
I hear what you are saying, but it appears that if any of them raise anything with the board, the board listen then do what they want to do anyway. It would've been interesting if one of the fans reps was present at the ticket pricing meeting and objected to the price. My guess is the price would still be the same with the fans rep repeating the boards stance.

Was it confirmed that the prices were set at a board meeting? That sounds like the sort of decision that would be made day to day rather than at a board meeting.

Baldy Foghorn
13-01-2019, 04:19 PM
We have fans crying out for 4-5 signings, but not willing to attend a cup tie for £22.

Madness, it's the Scottish Cup, remember there were c 150k at parade, but some are talking about 5k atttending this one. If you don't have the money to afford this then fine, if you do then it shouldn't really deter people from attending

H18 SFR
13-01-2019, 04:21 PM
Booked a seat in the West for a little change.

traceyhibs
13-01-2019, 04:22 PM
Was it confirmed that the prices were set at a board meeting? That sounds like the sort of decision that would be made day to day rather than at a board meeting.

The pricing isn’t set at board meeting level.

Billy Whizz
13-01-2019, 04:24 PM
We have fans crying out for 4-5 signings, but not willing to attend a cup tie for £22.

Madness, it's the Scottish Cup, remember there were c 150k at parade, but some are talking about 5k atttending this one. If you don't have the money to afford this then fine, if you do then it shouldn't really deter people from attending

Our kids walk up price of £12 is far too high for a young kid

Kojock
13-01-2019, 04:25 PM

Sorry Tracey I thought from your earlier post on this thread that they were.

Hi there,

Apologies for the delay. I did want this raised at the last board meeting but unfortunately I was unable to attend.*

I have had feedback and the pricing was finalised based on budget, it being the Scottish Cup competition and Elgin agreed on price.*

Thanks*

Tracey*

Kojock
13-01-2019, 04:26 PM

Whose responsibility is it then ?

Baldy Foghorn
13-01-2019, 04:26 PM
Our kids walk up price of £12 is far too high for a young kid

That's a different argument, not sure why people think it should be under £20 for an Adult though

Allant1981
13-01-2019, 04:28 PM
That's a different argument, not sure why people think it should be under £20 for an Adult though

Because its a game against much lower opposition in an early round of the cup, as far as I know every other club is charging less than we are

Danderhall Hibs
13-01-2019, 04:30 PM

You’re not sure why? Really?

Baldy Foghorn
13-01-2019, 04:30 PM
You’re not sure why? Really?

Are you wanting in for nowt?

Billy Whizz
13-01-2019, 04:33 PM

It’s all the same argument really. £20 as it is for season ticket holders in this round is probably acceptable, but it would be great to see a big crowd. £15 would have probably have done this. It was £10 for a kid to get into Celtic v Hibs, which is a Cat A game, so £12 for Hibs v Elgin is way too high

Baldy Foghorn
13-01-2019, 04:35 PM
It’s all the same argument really. £20 as it is for season ticket holders in this round is probably acceptable, but it would be great to see a big crowd. £15 would have probably have done this. It was £10 for a kid to get into Celtic v Hibs, which is a Cat A game, so £12 for Hibs v Elgin is way too high

Celtic can afford to offer that pricing given their attendances and turnover

Danderhall Hibs
13-01-2019, 04:37 PM

I see - you really don’t understand.

Baldy Foghorn
13-01-2019, 04:38 PM
I see - you really don’t understand.

I see - obviously not

Iggy Pope
13-01-2019, 04:40 PM
I see - obviously not

Never mind all that, were there any Team Sheets in Dubai?:greengrin

Since90+2
13-01-2019, 04:40 PM

Where did anyone ever mention getting in for free? Apart from yourself I don't believe anybody has said that.

Baldy Foghorn
13-01-2019, 04:42 PM
Never mind all that, were there any Team Sheets in Dubai?:greengrin

I never got any IP, I think there may have been one or two only, so trying to see if anyone has one that can be photocopied

Baldy Foghorn
13-01-2019, 04:43 PM
Where did anyone ever mention getting in for free? Apart from yourself I don't believe anybody has said that.

I was being flippant, but everyone wants in for cheaper it seems

Iggy Pope
13-01-2019, 04:44 PM
I never got any IP, I think there may have been one or two only, so trying to see if anyone has one that can be photocopied

No worries. Hope you enjoyed the trip. I’ll let the thread get back on topic now.

Since90+2
13-01-2019, 04:47 PM

I think everyone wants in for a fair price that is reasonable.

I've not bothered to read the entire thread but from the pages I have every single person agrees it's overpriced,apart from yourself. That to me would suggest it it is priced too high.

Baldy Foghorn
13-01-2019, 04:50 PM
I think everyone wants in for a fair price that is reasonable.

I've not bothered to read the entire thread but from the pages I have every single person agrees it's overpriced,apart from yourself. That to me would suggest it it is priced too high.

It was £20 with discount. We have to give them half the gate money, we have to pay for policing costs etc. Not as easy as saying make it £15.

matty_f
13-01-2019, 04:50 PM

Thanks Tracey, I didn't think they would be.

Heckys Wheel
13-01-2019, 04:51 PM

Finally some sense!

People wanting a top 3 squad budget with Championship prices.

We don’t have any major benefactors so unfortunately we need to raise revenue to good old fashioned way.

HH81
13-01-2019, 04:51 PM
Is this the highest priced game in the whole round? If so it is clearly overpriced.

matty_f
13-01-2019, 04:52 PM

I don't think anyone is being unreasonable, and certainly nobody has quite a price that's akin to being let in for nothing.

HH81
13-01-2019, 04:53 PM
It was £20 with discount. We have to give them half the gate money, we have to pay for policing costs etc. Not as easy as saying make it £15.

They only get their half after all costs are taken out?

B.H.F.C
13-01-2019, 04:53 PM

Not easy but how do all the other teams manage reduced pricing for early round cup ties ike this?

Baldy Foghorn
13-01-2019, 04:55 PM
I don't think anyone is being unreasonable, and certainly nobody has quite a price that's akin to being let in for nothing.

It's always the same for Cup ties Matty, folk always wanting a few pounds off here or there. It is what it is.

matty_f
13-01-2019, 04:55 PM
Finally some sense!

People wanting a top 3 squad budget with Championship prices.

We don’t have any major benefactors so unfortunately we need to raise revenue to good old fashioned way.

It's one match. If our signings hinge on one Scottish cup tie V Elgin then I'd fee asking some serious questions of the board. What if we'd been drawn away to Elgin, would we not be able to make the signings we want?

Folk put in a lot of money - shares, HSL, season tickets, sponsorship, strips, West stand stones etc. Thinking that £22 is a bit steep for a game against Elgin isn't really unreasonable.

Baldy Foghorn
13-01-2019, 04:56 PM
Not easy but how do all the other teams manage reduced pricing for early round cup ties ike this?

No idea what other teams do.

matty_f
13-01-2019, 04:56 PM
It's always the same for Cup ties Matty, folk always wanting a few pounds off here or there. It is what it is.

Should have kept the cup top up with the season ticket, imho. I understand why we binned it but I thought it was a good way to sell cup games to season ticket holders.

Baldy Foghorn
13-01-2019, 04:57 PM

Correct, but do you think Elgin thought we should charge a £1 more at ER than they do at home, or do you think they are looking to maximise from the game?

B.H.F.C
13-01-2019, 04:59 PM

They make Cup ties more affordable for people than us.

Daydreamer
13-01-2019, 05:03 PM
£20 to watch Hibs not Elgin in a Scottish cup tie after a two week break with a up and coming star just signed is a fair price.

Allant1981
13-01-2019, 05:04 PM
£20 to watch Hibs not Elgin in a Scottish cup tie after a two week break with a up and coming star just signed is a fair price.

It's hardly a fair price when we charge a few quid more for a cat a game

marinello59
13-01-2019, 05:04 PM

Yes.

HH81
13-01-2019, 05:05 PM
Correct, but do you think Elgin thought we should charge a £1 more at ER than they do at home, or do you think they are looking to maximise from the game?

Yes but if they get 500 at home and were talking about them getting a share of a 7000 gate at 15 quid would they really turn it down?

Go on just admit 22 quid on the gate for this game is a bit much.

Baldy Foghorn
13-01-2019, 05:06 PM
Yes but if they get 500 at home and were talking about them getting a share of a 7000 gate at 15 quid would they really turn it down?

ST holers got it for for £20, if bought within a certain time, that's fine by me.

Daydreamer
13-01-2019, 05:07 PM
It's hardly a fair price when we charge a few quid more for a cat a game

Its £30 for a Cat A game which is 50% more.

marinello59
13-01-2019, 05:11 PM

Surely they would prefer 7000 fans at £20/£22 a go?

Allant1981
13-01-2019, 05:15 PM
Its £30 for a Cat A game which is 50% more.

£8 more to a cat a premier league game says it all really

HH81
13-01-2019, 05:20 PM
Surely they would prefer 7000 fans at £20/£22 a go?

Do you expect 7000 at that price or maybe 4000?

Baldy Foghorn
13-01-2019, 05:21 PM
Does anyone really think Elgin would have charged us £15?

The Modfather
13-01-2019, 05:24 PM
My uber fan spidey senses are tingling on this thread.

£20/£22 isn’t anywhere near value for money, so I won’t be going. What others choose to do with their time and money, meh.

Baldy Foghorn
13-01-2019, 05:26 PM
My uber fan spidey senses are tingling on this thread.

£20/£22 isn’t anywhere near value for money, so I won’t be going. What others choose to do with their time and money, meh.

Ah the good old Uber Fan remark.....YAWN

jacomo
13-01-2019, 05:33 PM
It's one match. If our signings hinge on one Scottish cup tie V Elgin then I'd fee asking some serious questions of the board. What if we'd been drawn away to Elgin, would we not be able to make the signings we want?

Folk put in a lot of money - shares, HSL, season tickets, sponsorship, strips, West stand stones etc. Thinking that £22 is a bit steep for a game against Elgin isn't really unreasonable.

It’s not unreasonable, and it’s a chance to make one game more affordable, tilt for a full house and generate some good will.

I wish Hibs showed a bit more imagination at times.

Ringothedog
13-01-2019, 05:43 PM

Nor do I care what other teams charge , I am paying £20 to see Hibs who just happen to be playing Elgin City

B.H.F.C
13-01-2019, 05:53 PM
Nor do I care what other teams charge , I am paying £20 to see Hibs who just happen to be playing Elgin City

The point is we have a list of reasons as to why Hibs can’t do anything more imaginative with pricing. Other teams manage it despite facing all the same issues as us.

I’ve already paid it, like you, but there will be thousands who don’t.

Frazerbob
13-01-2019, 06:03 PM
If we charged £15, there would be no significant increase in crowd, a few hundred would be my guess. This has been discussed umpteen times. Halfing the entry cost doesn’t result in twice the crowd. Let’s do the maths after we know ours, Hearts’ and Aberdeen’s actual attendances.

FWIW, £20 for adults is fine but I would have slashed kids prices to £1 to really encourage families along to a game that should see us score a few goals, in a very tame atmosphere.

HH81
13-01-2019, 06:07 PM
Does anyone really think Elgin would have charged us £15?

To be fair maybe not but then you have to take into account they can only share gate receipts on 3,927 rather than up to 20,000 at Easter road.

I see the rangers game is 20 and 12 so that is cheaper than the Hibs game.

Big_Franck
13-01-2019, 06:09 PM
£22 is steep for a game against a bunch of plumbers in what will be like a training match. I'll not be paying that. The crowd will be about 5000.

Our board really are out of touch if they didn't realise these prices would result in a terrible crowd.

Feed McGraw
13-01-2019, 06:16 PM
What`s a bit annoying for me is simply the fact that Hibs will always charge more for a match against "high class" opposition but won`t always lower it when it`s the other way round.

marinello59
13-01-2019, 06:30 PM
If we charged £15, there would be no significant increase in crowd, a few hundred would be my guess. This has been discussed umpteen times. Halfing the entry cost doesn’t result in twice the crowd.

Exactly. Which is why from Elgin’s point of view the prices are spot on. They get maximum revenue and face a less hostile crowd. That’s why the prices are what they are.
We could have made this one free and still had a half empty stadium.

marinello59
13-01-2019, 06:32 PM
£22 is steep for a game against a bunch of plumbers in what will be like a training match. I'll not be paying that. The crowd will be about 5000.

Our board really are out of touch if they didn't realise these prices would result in a terrible crowd.

You will have the chance to show Craig Beattie some love. :greengrin

hibsfan7
13-01-2019, 06:36 PM
The reason the cup top up was binned was we got 7 yes seven games for £40

Keith_M
13-01-2019, 07:21 PM
Does anyone know how many tickets have been sold so far?

Eyrie
13-01-2019, 07:29 PM

The most sensible post in the entire thread.

erin go bragh
13-01-2019, 08:29 PM
You would think with the winter break and no Hibs game since last year 😜 should hopefully swell the crowd . Cannie wait myself. £20 is a bargain to watch Hibernian imho .

Bishop Hibee
13-01-2019, 08:35 PM
Elgin City got pumped 1-4 by Cowdenbeath yesterday. We'll make Man City's gubbing of Burton 9-0 look like an act of mercy :wink:

Kojock
13-01-2019, 08:44 PM

January sales lol

Hibernia&Alba
13-01-2019, 09:01 PM

As am I, which is no problem. It's more the kids'/concession prices which could be lower, IMHO, in order to get more in. Empty seats are no good to anyone.

Radium
13-01-2019, 09:12 PM
Elgin City got pumped 1-4 by Cowdenbeath yesterday. We'll make Man City's gubbing of Burton 9-0 look like an act of mercy :wink:

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190113/780b6e1c06a025e988fef277759c7ec6.jpg

marinello59
13-01-2019, 09:20 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190113/780b6e1c06a025e988fef277759c7ec6.jpg

And how is this relevant to this discussion? His team got horsed and he is in a huff. :greengrin

Radium
13-01-2019, 09:44 PM
And how is this relevant to this discussion? His team got horsed and he is in a huff. :greengrin

Replied to a comment that we will horse Elgin with the view from an Elgin fan that he thinks his team will get horsed,

The fact that he/ she chose to mention the £22 ticket price suggests that it is not only some of our fans that see it as a hurdle.

Hope I have met your expectations and am allowed to keep the post up [emoji3064]

marinello59
14-01-2019, 04:36 AM
Replied to a comment that we will horse Elgin with the view from an Elgin fan that he thinks his team will get horsed,

The fact that he/ she chose to mention the £22 ticket price suggests that it is not only some of our fans that see it as a hurdle.

Hope I have met your expectations and am allowed to keep the post up [emoji3064]

I wasn’t being that serious with my comment, that’s why there’s a wee smiley face thingy.

Carheenlea
14-01-2019, 09:53 AM
One factor will also be that a lot of fans don’t really fancy the early rounds of the cup. Elgin is not the most mouth-watering of ties and reducing ticket prices still wouldn’t be enough to twist some of those arms. Expect a busier than normal day at the pods on the day.

Col L
14-01-2019, 10:13 AM

Because, as many other clubs in England and Scotland have demonstrated this past couple of weeks, it's an opportunity to give the fans something back for once.

I've already forked out for a season ticket, pay money to HSL every month, spend plenty on away games, and don't grudge doing so because I'll support the club as much as I possibly can. But it would be nice to feel a little more valued on occasions like this when the opportunity arises. The Blackburn Rovers friendly at the start of the season - doubling as Paul Hanlon's testimonial - for example (which I did go to) was £20 for adults and £10 for kids - that was another opportunity missed, particularly when we had the Europa games at the time.

Steven79
14-01-2019, 10:19 AM
Because, as many other clubs in England and Scotland have demonstrated this past couple of weeks, it's an opportunity to give the fans something back for once.

I've already forked out for a season ticket, pay money to HSL every month, spend plenty on away games, and don't grudge doing so because I'll support the club as much as I possibly can. But it would be nice to feel a little more valued on occasions like this when the opportunity arises. The Blackburn Rovers friendly at the start of the season - doubling as Paul Hanlon's testimonial - for example (which I did go to) was £20 for adults and £10 for kids - that was another opportunity missed, particularly when we had the Europa games at the time.

I assume with the testimonial that the prices weren't set by Hibs?

Bostonhibby
14-01-2019, 10:23 AM
I can see their point even though how bad their teams playing seems a bigger factor than price (?).

Be interesting to see how big their support is on the day compared to usual. There might be an element who will roll up regardless as they see it as a big day / match so will pay the price regardless, a bit like the over subscribed scramble for tickets when we make the final or have what we regard as a big game.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Col L
14-01-2019, 10:24 AM
I assume with the testimonial that the prices weren't set by Hibs?

Let's blame Elgin for that one too :wink:

Steven79
14-01-2019, 10:38 AM
Let's blame Elgin for that one too :wink:

:wink:

I'm going to both this and the St Mirren away game, Will make very few away games with so many being midweek so despite it being on tv I was first in line to get tickets.

Radium
14-01-2019, 11:34 AM
I wasn’t being that serious with my comment, that’s why there’s a wee smiley face thingy.

Oops [emoji51]

Keith_M
14-01-2019, 02:20 PM
Does anyone know how many tickets have been sold so far?

Anybody?

:dunno:

Oscar T Grouch
14-01-2019, 02:50 PM
Anybody?

:dunno:

Not counting them but there are loads of grey dots left, way less than half the three home stands been sold. I can see a large walk up attendance at this one but even still it will be a pretty rubbish crowd. Botton half of the FF not available either

Steven79
14-01-2019, 02:55 PM
Botton half of the FF not available either

It never is on general sale over the internet.

Famous Fiver
14-01-2019, 04:34 PM
How many have been sold?

Don't know but I've bought two.

I'm hoping a few more turn up but doesn't sound too promising going by this thread.

I'll get right behind our team though.

JimBHibees
14-01-2019, 04:46 PM
How many have been sold?

Don't know but I've bought two.

I'm hoping a few more turn up but doesn't sound too promising going by this thread.

I'll get right behind our team though.

Think alot will turn up on the day given the 3 weeks or so since last game and to see Ryan Gauld

Borderhibbie76
14-01-2019, 05:42 PM
Think alot will turn up on the day given the 3 weeks or so since last game and to see Ryan GauldYou think?? Not going by the comments in hibs Twitter feed mate. Most are rightly annoyed at the pricing for this match and I think most expected more than a 6 month loan signing in the door so far. I admire your optimism tho - let's hope your correct

Keith_M
14-01-2019, 06:45 PM
In the early rounds of cup competitions, against smaller clubs at least, we usually have about 6-8,000 at games.

I'd imagine Saturday will be about the same.

HoboHarry
15-01-2019, 03:42 AM
Never mind if it's only Elgin City ya bunch of bams. I'm jealous as hell, my home town team against my beloved Hibs and I'm too far away too attend. Thank yourselves lucky you can attend......

JimBHibees
15-01-2019, 06:13 AM
You think?? Not going by the comments in hibs Twitter feed mate. Most are rightly annoyed at the pricing for this match and I think most expected more than a 6 month loan signing in the door so far. I admire your optimism tho - let's hope your correct

People might moan now but majority of them will turn up. It is the Scottish cup and there should be more off however both teams need to agree on any change. It is only middle of the month so still time to bring in though obvious preference would be for earlier the better.

calumhibee1
15-01-2019, 07:14 AM
You think?? Not going by the comments in hibs Twitter feed mate. Most are rightly annoyed at the pricing for this match and I think most expected more than a 6 month loan signing in the door so far. I admire your optimism tho - let's hope your correct

I’d suspect the same. People would have been hoping there was more in the way of new players to see than just Ryan Gauld. Throw on the price of the tickets and the opposition and I’d suspect we’ll see a crowd of around 6k.

BoomtownHibees
15-01-2019, 07:41 AM
People might moan now but majority of them will turn up. It is the Scottish cup and there should be more off however both teams need to agree on any change. It is only middle of the month so still time to bring in though obvious preference would be for earlier the better.

The majority won’t turn up. There will be 5/6000 max

seanshow
15-01-2019, 12:12 PM
Phoned up the ticket office to sort out an issue with my season ticket and buy a couple of additional tickets for the Elgin game - phoned 0131 661 1875, the call failed to connect on several ocassions! so i phoned Hibs front desk direct and was told to phone the 0844 number instead and pick option2, phoned that number at (7p/min) for a few mins of automated mince and was put through to the ticket office - "sorry there is no one available to take your call...please call back later."

great customer service :aok:

Carheenlea
15-01-2019, 12:24 PM
Phoned up the ticket office to sort out an issue with my season ticket and buy a couple of additional tickets for the Elgin game - phoned 0131 661 1875, the call failed to connect on several ocassions! so i phoned Hibs front desk direct and was told to phone the 0844 number instead and pick option2, phoned that number at (7p/min) for a few mins of automated mince and was put through to the ticket office - "sorry there is no one available to take your call...please call back later."

great customer service :aok:

The 661 1875 number is not in use any more unfortunately and ticket office can now only be contacted via the 0844 line.

JimBHibees
15-01-2019, 12:28 PM
The majority won’t turn up. There will be 5/6000 max

5 or 6k would be about right for this sort of game would it not.

Godsahibby
15-01-2019, 12:43 PM
Just booked my seats on line. Noticed a lot of regulars round about me with season tickets still haven’t booked their seat. Might be sat elsewheere or haven’t got round to buying yet but can see this being a very small crowd by recent standards.

Ringothedog
15-01-2019, 05:27 PM
Just booked my seats on line. Noticed a lot of regulars round about me with season tickets still haven’t booked their seat. Might be sat elsewheere or haven’t got round to buying yet but can see this being a very small crowd by recent standards.

There will be about 7k which is decent considering the opposition

Keith_M
15-01-2019, 06:52 PM
5 or 6k would be about right for this sort of game would it not.

I had a look at attendances against lower league clubs in the early stages of both cups in the last few years and they vary quite a lot

We generally get lower crowds for league cup games, but I suppose that's the same at most clubs.

c31
15-01-2019, 08:16 PM
Hibs should looked at Blackburn v Newcastle tonight £10 & £2 concession, maybe nearer the correct price for Saturday.

cabbageandribs1875
15-01-2019, 08:42 PM
Hibs should looked at Blackburn v Newcastle tonight £10 & £2 concession, maybe nearer the correct price for Saturday.

but tbf english clubs in the top two tiers can easily subsidise one-off reductions, though i still disagree with our own clubs pricing for little Elgin

Ringothedog
15-01-2019, 09:00 PM

A lot easier when the first game was on TV earning you £75k each and you have a crowd of 37000 approximately £250k each

hfc rd
15-01-2019, 11:34 PM

Think it’s the pricing that has put a lot off people off.

Carheenlea
16-01-2019, 09:51 AM
In the past, people just didn’t go to games they didn’t fancy and that was that, but now there seems to be an endless pursuit for answers to why they’re not going and long lists of excuses from fans as to why they’re not going.
Early round of cup against lower league opposition at Easter Road never attracts big crowds and this one will be similar. Reducing prices would have minimal impact on the size of gate going by history. The large numbers of season tickets gives us consistent numbers attending league games, but before, you would get quite a fluctuation on crowds from week to week depending on opposition and occasion.

CropleyWasGod
16-01-2019, 10:53 AM

Halving the price will not double the gate, though.

Antifa Hibs
16-01-2019, 11:21 AM
Why does the gate need to double though? Why can't the board just give something back to ST holders in a very expensive time of the year, especially as we've already had 5 competitive cup fixtures at home. £15 and £5 would be about right. And i know £7 is hardly anything, people will put that on a bet or buy a pie n bovril for that, but would be good to feel valued at times as opposed to just a cash cow. Reducing the pricing wouldn't cost us anything as its essentially a bonus being drawn at home plus I'm sure i read on here a while back that the club don't budget for cup runs...

CropleyWasGod
16-01-2019, 11:24 AM
Why does the gate need to double though? Why can't the board just give something back to ST holders in a very expensive time of the year, especially as we've already had 5 competitive cup fixtures at home. £15 and £5 would be about right. And i know £7 is hardly anything, people will put that on a bet or buy a pie n bovril for that, but would be good to feel valued at times as opposed to just a cash cow. Reducing the pricing wouldn't cost us anything as its essentially a bonus being drawn at home plus I'm sure i read on here a while back that the club don't budget for cup runs...

Elgin wouldn't agree to that. That's the point here.

Steven79
16-01-2019, 11:30 AM

If only somebody had mentioned it before....

Antifa Hibs
16-01-2019, 11:31 AM

We won't know the answer to that but we have these types of threads for pretty much every home cup tie that is over-priced. I'm not believing for one minute our board are itching to reduce the prices but every time the opposition puts a stop to it.

green with envy
16-01-2019, 11:32 AM

Not doubting this but has it actually been confirmed that Elgin has or has not agreed to a price reduction?

One for Tracey perhaps?

bigwheel
16-01-2019, 11:35 AM
We won't know the answer to that but we have these types of threads for pretty much every home cup tie that is over-priced. I'm not believing for one minute our board are itching to reduce the prices but every time the opposition puts a stop to it.

that's probably fair - I recall reading some years ago that there isn't a big relationship between price and attendances at football games. Clubs tried dropping prices and often saw only fractional changes in the attendance. I don't think this game is priced appropriately, but I also suspect that Hibs feel the attendance won't be markedly different than had it been a bit cheaper.

G15 Hibs
16-01-2019, 11:36 AM

Didn't look like a bumper crowd, despite the reduction to ticket prices.

Last Minute
16-01-2019, 11:39 AM
Can maybe Frank or Tracey the fans reps come on board and maybe answer some of the questions on how we got to £22 a ticket

BoomtownHibees
16-01-2019, 12:10 PM
Can maybe Frank or Tracey the fans reps come on board and maybe answer some of the questions on how we got to £22 a ticket

Tracey advised earlier in the thread that it was based on budget and that it was a Scottish Cup game

CropleyWasGod
16-01-2019, 12:15 PM
Not doubting this but has it actually been confirmed that Elgin has or has not agreed to a price reduction?

One for Tracey perhaps?

I'm surmising, of course. But they will want to maximise their income from this tie. Setting ticket prices at £10 wouldn't do that.

green with envy
16-01-2019, 12:29 PM
I'm surmising, of course. But they will want to maximise their income from this tie. Setting ticket prices at £10 wouldn't do that.

I'm in total agreement, however, I really do hope it was Elgin that did not agree to any 'suggested' price reduction. Although it doesn't make a personal difference to me as i'm going anyway, I do know quite a lot of ST holders that are not prepared to pay the admission price for this one - I don't blame them TBH.

I would still like to know though if there was an objection on Elgin's part.

Big_Franck
16-01-2019, 12:46 PM

Totally agree. We hear this excuse every year yet every other premiership club seems to be able to reduce their prices at will.

We are stopped by these nasty wee League 2 sides though, definitely not the Hibs board that wanted to charge 22 quid :fibber:

Ralphy C
16-01-2019, 06:46 PM
Totally agree. We hear this excuse every year yet every other premiership club seems to be able to reduce their prices at will.

We are stopped by these nasty wee League 2 sides though, definitely not the Hibs board that wanted to charge 22 quid :fibber:
Been to loads of games against similar opposition where the prices have been reduced, still poor crowds, but the board have shown willing in the past. As an aside to those who don't travel is this not our only game in January?

Keith_M
16-01-2019, 07:43 PM
Been to loads of games against similar opposition where the prices have been reduced, still poor crowds, but the board have shown willing in the past. As an aside to those who don't travel is this not our only game in January?

Paisley and Motherwell are the other two locations, so minimal travelling for me

:greengrin

cabbageandribs1875
16-01-2019, 07:52 PM
enjoy a night time game at Fir park :flag:

Radium
16-01-2019, 08:13 PM
Looking back at games earlier in the season. £23 for Molde and Greek side. £20 against Ross County in the league cup. Missed the game against the Faroese and was treated to hospitality for the dons cup tie so don’t know their prices.

Elgin City should be less than those games.

Hopefully the club take the feedback on board but given our poor performance in the statement league I doubt we will hear anything either way [emoji6]

Ringothedog
16-01-2019, 08:25 PM
From what has been discussed ,I would guess that Hibs have suggested the £22 ticket price to Elgin City who have agreed. Hibs gave supporters the opportunity to purchase at a 10% discount for a limited period of time. Not much but something of a reduction

Keith_M
16-01-2019, 08:32 PM
From what has been discussed ,I would guess that Hibs have suggested the £22 ticket price to Elgin City who have agreed. Hibs gave supporters the opportunity to purchase at a 10% discount for a limited period of time. Not much but something of a reduction

There would be no suggestion necessary from either club for that price.

It's the default if no other agreement is reached.

Ringothedog
16-01-2019, 08:56 PM
There would be no suggestion necessary from either club for that price.

It's the default if no other agreement is reached.

I know 👍

monktonharp
17-01-2019, 12:21 AM
In the past, people just didn’t go to games they didn’t fancy and that was that, but now there seems to be an endless pursuit for answers to why they’re not going and long lists of excuses from fans as to why they’re not going.
Early round of cup against lower league opposition at Easter Road never attracts big crowds and this one will be similar. Reducing prices would have minimal impact on the size of gate going by history. The large numbers of season tickets gives us consistent numbers attending league games, but before, you would get quite a fluctuation on crowds from week to week depending on opposition and occasion.so for that reason, half the price and let kids in for a couple of quid. get real

basehibby
17-01-2019, 01:40 AM

Agreed - maybe something like £15/£5 would make more sense for Hibs with less TV money etc involved but it's the right idea for an early cup tie. Would surely result in a bigger crowd and possibly more cash as well if it really caught on. Very little risk of significant financial loss in exchange for guaranteed bigger crowd/better atmosphere/backing for the team!

basehibby
17-01-2019, 02:26 AM
Early round of cup against lower league opposition at Easter Road never attracts big crowds and this one will be similar. Reducing prices would have minimal impact on the size of gate going by history. The large numbers of season tickets gives us consistent numbers attending league games, but before, you would get quite a fluctuation on crowds from week to week depending on opposition and occasion.

This is true - I think even the famous five team played the odd game at ER to paltry crowds by even todays standards against unglamorous opposition. In the modern day though the club has a direct line to fans through websites like this and fans can easily purchase tickets in advance online if they want to - or are enticed to. All seater grounds have changed the landscape and we now have much lower capacities and much higher ST sales as a result of the enticement of guaranteeing a seat at the really big games - and Elgin City with all due respect do not come into that category.
I appreciate the odd nudge from the club about forthcoming matches - but invitations to buy a ticket in advance are meaningless to me when I know 100% I can walk up for exactly the same price with little prospect of a big queue and sit just about anywhere in the ground that I please - there is no enticement at all. The point that's being made is it's maybe an opportunity missed to drum up interest in the game and get a bigger crowd in while creating a better buzz about the club with a better feelgood factor for the fans - even if a small financial loss was made these factors would turn it into a net gain - probably :wink:

Famous Fiver
17-01-2019, 04:13 PM
I wonder if getting Scott Allan on a pre contract might encourage some of the whingers on here?

PatHead
17-01-2019, 04:46 PM
I wonder if getting Scott Allan on a pre contract might encourage some of the whingers on here?

To find something else to moan about?

Eyrie
17-01-2019, 08:22 PM
To find something else to moan about?

They'll say the forecast is too cold, so that's why they didn't buy a ticket weeks ago.

Borderhibbie76
17-01-2019, 09:30 PM
I wonder if getting Scott Allan on a pre contract might encourage some of the whingers on here?Great news but doesn't stop people being skint and not paid since pre Xmas. No need to have a pop at your fellow fans...there are bills to be paid and we can't all just spend our money on football every week mate

matty_f
17-01-2019, 10:40 PM
Great news but doesn't stop people being skint and not paid since pre Xmas. No need to have a pop at your fellow fans...there are bills to be paid and we can't all just spend our money on football every week mate

That's a fair point.

SideBurns
17-01-2019, 11:02 PM
Great news but doesn't stop people being skint and not paid since pre Xmas. No need to have a pop at your fellow fans...there are bills to be paid and we can't all just spend our money on football every week mate

This is a post no-one could disagree with. Hopefully those who attend on Saturday (and good on you) won't come on here after the game to have a dash at their fellow Hibbies who haven't gone for whatever reason. The important thing, as always, is that Hibs win (then we can reignite the argument just before the next round 😁).

cabbageandribs1875
18-01-2019, 06:02 AM
This is a post no-one could disagree with. Hopefully those who attend on Saturday (and good on you) won't come on here after the game to have a dash at their fellow Hibbies who haven't gone for whatever reason. The important thing, as always, is that Hibs win (then we can reignite the argument just before the next round 😁).

and every subsequent round right through to the final

green day
19-01-2019, 08:56 AM
Tracey advised earlier in the thread that it was based on budget and that it was a Scottish Cup game

Elgin have a say in pricing too.

Saw a table yesterday and the vast majority of matches are £15/£5 - Hibs Elgin is the outlier, by a long way.

I dont think that Hibs are so unprofessional to think that charging £22 for playing Elgin is in any way going to maximise the crowd.

As has been noted elsewhere, we charged less for more attractive matches this season. I also dont expect Hibs to come out and say "these muppets from the highlands refused to move on the cost".

I am going along, but can imagine that a lot of families would be put off with the pricing.