PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: ELGIN CITY TICKETS ON SALE NOW

Pages : 1 [2]

wearethehibs
19-01-2019, 08:12 AM
Only one way I can show my feelings about the ticket prices for this game (be it Hibs fault or Elgin's fault for it) and that's not attending. Gutted to be missing a home Scottish cup tie for the first time in years but £22 is a disgrace.

Also just seen the Mascot package for the game is £125. What a joke.

Baldy Foghorn
19-01-2019, 08:58 AM
Only one way I can show my feelings about the ticket prices for this game (be it Hibs fault or Elgin's fault for it) and that's not attending. Gutted to be missing a home Scottish cup tie for the first time in years but £22 is a disgrace.

Gutted but boycotting?:rolleyes:

southsider
19-01-2019, 08:59 AM

So the game costs a fiver more. So what, just go along and support the team.

Baldy Foghorn
19-01-2019, 09:01 AM

:top marks:top marks:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

Scouse Hibee
19-01-2019, 09:07 AM

Who exactly are you showing your feelings to? Your absence will not be noticed yet you claim to be gutted at your self imposed absence!

BoomtownHibees
19-01-2019, 09:09 AM
How much would Hibs lose out on if it was reduced to £15 & £5?

Not very much would be my guess

JimBHibees
19-01-2019, 09:12 AM

Agree only home game in January and Scottish cup sounds great. :flag:

Blaster
19-01-2019, 09:13 AM
How much would Hibs lose out on if it was reduced to £15 & £5?

Not very much would be my guess

£7 each adult ticket sold would be my guess

BoomtownHibees
19-01-2019, 09:15 AM
£7 each adult ticket sold would be my guess

If gate is halved then £3.50 per adult which may be around 5000. So around £17,500? And then is there VAT to take off that?

And if it put another 1000 on the gate then take another £1750 off it as well.

As I said, no very much

Kojock
19-01-2019, 09:23 AM
If gate is halved then £3.50 per adult which may be around 5000. So around £17,500? And then is there VAT to take off that?

As I said, no very much

Bigger crowd means more stewards etc, so you can take that cost of any potential profit.

Blaster
19-01-2019, 09:26 AM
I think everyone agrees that the price is too high. Wouldn’t personally miss a hibs home Scottish Cup tie for the sake of £5 or £7 though

Borderhibbie76
19-01-2019, 09:29 AM
I think everyone agrees that the price is too high. Wouldn’t personally miss a hibs home Scottish Cup tie for the sake of £5 or £7 thoughAs I've said previously tho fine if you don't have kids but £5 or £7 Is a lot of money to some a week before pay day when you haven't been paid since 20 Dec or whatever. Far too many financial experts on here...if u can afford to go great if u can't u don't need a bashing off your fellow fans. Hibs got this wrong end of story and the gate will suffer today because of it. Personally I think Season ticket holders should get tickets for cup ties like this for around a £10...that's just my own personal opinion

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

BoomtownHibees
19-01-2019, 09:29 AM
I think everyone agrees that the price is too high. Wouldn’t personally miss a hibs home Scottish Cup tie for the sake of £5 or £7 though

Neither would I and will be there today

Blaster
19-01-2019, 09:36 AM
As I've said previously tho fine if you don't have kids but £5 or £7 Is a lot of money to some a week before pay day when you haven't been paid since 20 Dec or whatever. Far too many financial experts on here...if u can afford to go great if u can't u don't need a bashing off your fellow fans. Hibs got this wrong end of story and the gate will suffer today because of it. Personally I think Season ticket holders should get tickets for cup ties like this for around a £10...that's just my own personal opinion

I’m not bashing anyone who cannot afford it. However there are some who seem to take great delight in telling folk they aren’t going.

green day
19-01-2019, 09:36 AM
As I've said previously tho fine if you don't have kids but £5 or £7 Is a lot of money to some a week before pay day when you haven't been paid since 20 Dec or whatever. Far too many financial experts on here...if u can afford to go great if u can't u don't need a bashing off your fellow fans. Hibs got this wrong end of story and the gate will suffer today because of it. Personally I think Season ticket holders should get tickets for cup ties like this for around a £10...that's just my own personal opinion

How do you know?

To paraphrase yourself "far too many people willing to bash Hibs on here"

Borderhibbie76
19-01-2019, 09:38 AM
How do you know?

To paraphrase yourself "far too many people willing to bash Hibs on here"Mate I love Hibs but they deserve a bashing for this...THE most expensive cup tie in the country this weekend...it's short sighted and a fingers up to the fans who bought STs in record numbers this Season...

B.H.F.C
19-01-2019, 09:38 AM

Say someone wants to take their kids. An extra £7 per ticket makes it an extra £21 for an adult and two kids.

I don’t think many people would miss it for the sake of a fiver for the own ticket. But families are probably being priced out today. Which is a shame when there’ll be 15,000 empty seats.

Borderhibbie76
19-01-2019, 09:40 AM
I’m not bashing anyone who cannot afford it. However there are some who seem to take great delight in telling folk they aren’t going.Fair enough but telling people £5 or £7 Is nothing is in my opinion having a go at some who may be a bit light in the pocket this close to pay day...that's all I meant

Blaster
Say someone wants to take their kids. An extra £7 per ticket makes it an extra £21 for an adult and two kids.

I don’t think many people would miss it for the sake of a fiver for the own ticket. But families are probably being priced out today. Which is a shame when there’ll be 15,000 empty seats.

Completely agree mate. £30 for me and my son today. Not all our season ticket holders are part of a family group though

Borderhibbie76

I don’t think many people would miss it for the sake of a fiver for the own ticket. But families are probably being priced out today. Which is a shame when there’ll be 15,000 empty seats.Thanks the point I've been trying to make

Keith_M
19-01-2019, 09:44 AM
I wonder if getting Scott Allan on a pre contract might encourage some of the whingers on here?

Maybe I'm being a bit thick, but what's that got to do with the Elgin City game?

southsider
19-01-2019, 09:47 AM
Maybe I'm being a bit thick, but what's that got to do with the Elgin City game?
Coz we all got a massive lift from SA signing. Maybe a few doubters will now come along.

Brightside

As I said, no very much

It’s a lot if you are Elgin.

Eyrie

Fair enough but telling people £5 or £7 Is nothing is in my opinion having a go at some who may be a bit light in the pocket this close to pay day...that's all I meant

If money is that tight then it's sensible not to go regardless of the price. Not nice to miss out but ultimately attending a football game is a luxury and not a necessity.

I'd never criticise anyone who is in that position.

Keith_M
19-01-2019, 09:49 AM
Coz we all got a massive lift from SA signing. Maybe a few doubters will now come along.

Ah, OK.

Cheers.

green day
19-01-2019, 09:50 AM
Mate I love Hibs but they deserve a bashing for this...THE most expensive cup tie in the country this weekend...it's short sighted and a fingers up to the fans who bought STs in record numbers this Season...

I will ask you again - Hibs have priced more attractive matches this season at a lower cost, so why are you so confident that this is Hibs fault?

Hint.........pricing for the match isnt just down to Hibs

04Sauzee
19-01-2019, 09:57 AM
What's the best guess for our announced attendance today?

SideBurns
19-01-2019, 10:08 AM
I've just found a copy of the Hibs Monthly/Mass Hibsteria summer special from 1993. More than one contributor talks about crowds of 3,500 (one specifically referencing a game, at home in the league, v St.Johnstone). This in an admittedly disappointing season, but still one where we were only knocked out of the UEFA Cup by Anderlecht on away goals, reached the Scottish Cup semi-final, and had Wright & Jackson up front. It was also the season after we had won the League Cup.

Many of us won't be at the game today for the reasons already articulated by several posters, but things are still better than they were back then - the difference is, there was no internet for attending fans to point the finger at their fellow Hibbies.

HH81
19-01-2019, 10:15 AM
What's the best guess for our announced attendance today?

Borderhibbie76
19-01-2019, 10:26 AM
I will ask you again - Hibs have priced more attractive matches this season at a lower cost, so why are you so confident that this is Hibs fault?

Hint.........pricing for the match isnt just down to HibsBecause the fans rep on the Board told us pretty much this earlier in this very thread mate

Anyway regardless hope we do the business today and we can then have this convo about the next round

BoyledEgg
19-01-2019, 10:33 AM
Should have given Celtic and Rangers the full stand then they could of lowered the price a few quid for this game.

green day
19-01-2019, 11:55 AM
Because the fans rep on the Board told us pretty much this earlier in this very thread mate

Anyway regardless hope we do the business today and we can then have this convo about the next round

What she said was " the pricing was finalised based on budget, it being the Scottish Cup competition and Elgin agreed on price."

Which doesnt tell us anything except both clubs agreed on the price.

Hibs v Ayr quarter finals march 2017 - £20, £18 for ST holders.

Previous round v Bonnyrigg at Tynie was £20

Do you seriously think Hibs decided all by themselves that playing another diddy club this season was worth more money????

Borderhibbie76
19-01-2019, 11:56 AM
What she said was " the pricing was finalised based on budget, it being the Scottish Cup competition and Elgin agreed on price."

Which doesnt tell us anything except both clubs agreed on the price.

Hibs v Ayr quarter finals march 2017 - £20, £18 for ST holders.

Previous round v Bonnyrigg at Tynie was £20

Do you seriously think Hibs decided all by themselves that playing another diddy club this season was worth more money????Your clearly after an argument mate just leave it and enjoy the game. All I will say is how come Hibs and Elgin couldn't lower the price when every other club around the country has today??

Let's leave it there and agree to disagree on this...enjoy the match and Mon the Hibees

Billy Whizz
19-01-2019, 11:57 AM
I’ve got a friend who’s an Elgin supporter. He said they took 500 to a midweek game at Tynecastle a few years ago, said he’s expecting something similar today

GGTTH1980
19-01-2019, 12:12 PM

100 % agree.......great post 👍🇳🇬

green day
19-01-2019, 12:41 PM
Your clearly after an argument mate just leave it and enjoy the game. All I will say is how come Hibs and Elgin couldn't lower the price when every other club around the country has today??

Let's leave it there and agree to disagree on this...enjoy the match and Mon the Hibees

I am not after an argument, but - your highlighted point answers your own question - clearly it wasnt agreed !!