PDA

View Full Version : Boyle out for possibly rest of Season says Lennon

Ronniekirk
07-01-2019, 11:26 PM
That's a huge blow on top of other injuries we have had Trying to get Lewis Morgan on Loan as replacement

Ronniekirk
07-01-2019, 11:28 PM
Just noticed this is already on Transfer thread so Admins please deletev

BOB MARLEYS DUG
07-01-2019, 11:37 PM
That's a huge blow on top of other injuries we have had Trying to get Lewis Morgan on Loan as replacement

Depending on Agyepongs situ, we could need 2 new wingers?

Hi Heid Yin
08-01-2019, 12:50 AM
Interesting that Neil Lennon hinted at Boyle perhaps underperforming for us due to saving himself for Australia tournament.

:hmmm: His exact words " His form dipped and maybe at the back of his mind he was thinking of keeping himself for going to this huge tournament"

I would not like to think that Boyle deliberately "short-changed" us all.

The_Horde
08-01-2019, 01:01 AM
Interesting that Neil Lennon hinted at Boyle perhaps underperforming for us due to saving himself for Australia tournament.

:hmmm: His exact words " His form dipped and maybe at the back of his mind he was thinking of keeping himself for going to this huge tournament"

The back of his mind is a little different from doing it deliberately.

It's like the last games of the season before the cup final. It's subconscious.

LaMotta
08-01-2019, 01:03 AM
The Boyle-Australia hook up has been disastrous for Hibs:brickwall

Saturday Boy
08-01-2019, 01:05 AM

Boyle and his partner have a 3 month old baby. That might have a bearing on his recent displays.

Hi Heid Yin
08-01-2019, 01:56 AM
Boyle and his partner have a 3 month old baby. That might have a bearing on his recent displays.

Sleepless nights impacting performance makes sense. I'll give you that.

NAE NOOKIE
08-01-2019, 02:56 AM

This ….. Ever since they picked him his form has dipped and now he goes and gets bloody injured. I wish him a speedy recovery, but considering how things have been going its the bloody last thing we needed.

Gloucester Hibs
08-01-2019, 04:36 AM
Really annoying, especially as previously Boyle seemed to rarely, if ever, get injured IIRC. Another new signing possibly required in January on top of the recruitment that was already needed.

JimBHibees
08-01-2019, 06:25 AM
Suppose only good thing is it happened in the window

s2hart
08-01-2019, 06:29 AM

Exactly what I was thinking too.

Itsnoteasy
08-01-2019, 07:26 AM

No wearing that one. If that's the case Leigh Griffiths would be constantly f@$#ed.

Future17
08-01-2019, 08:41 AM
No wearing that one. If that's the case Leigh Griffiths would be constantly f@$#ed.

If that were the case he'd have even more kids.

CRAZYHIBBY
08-01-2019, 10:06 AM
Ive heard its a broken ankle but not seen nothing in the papers.....anyone confirm?

calumhibee1
08-01-2019, 10:12 AM
Ive heard its a broken ankle but not seen nothing in the papers.....anyone confirm?

I have no idea but they ruled out an ACL injury so I’d doubt it’s his ankle.

Hibernian32
08-01-2019, 10:32 AM
NL said we should get some sort of compensation, hopefully pay for his rehab and maybe pay a percentage of his wages, dunno how these things work but that seems a fair deal

hibbyfraelibby
08-01-2019, 10:43 AM

He is!

Hibbyradge
08-01-2019, 11:04 AM
NL said we should get some sort of compensation, hopefully pay for his rehab and maybe pay a percentage of his wages, dunno how these things work but that seems a fair deal

I don't know the specifics, but I believe that compensation to clubs who release players for international duty is quite significant.

Also, I think players are insured against injury when they're away with their countries.

HoboHarry
08-01-2019, 11:08 AM

His girlfriend's certainly are.....

Borderhibbie76
08-01-2019, 12:25 PM
The Boyle-Australia hook up has been disastrous for Hibs:brickwallIt really has...hasn't been the same player for us at all since that initial call up

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

LaMotta
08-01-2019, 01:08 PM
This ….. Ever since they picked him his form has dipped and now he goes and gets bloody injured. I wish him a speedy recovery, but considering how things have been going its the bloody last thing we needed.

It really has...hasn't been the same player for us at all since that initial call up

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

True about his form dipping, but even with that dip in form he was vital for us. The main problem was that he missed the derby (he would have made a big difference to our performance i think) and to compound that got injured over there.

Springbank
08-01-2019, 01:21 PM
Get well soon Martin - hopefully see you back for the Scottish Cup Semi Finals (failing that, the Final) :aok::flag:

blackpoolhibs
08-01-2019, 01:58 PM
Shouldn't be a problem, injuries have not affected our results so far this season, cant see how this one would make it any different.

JimBHibees
08-01-2019, 02:39 PM
Shouldn't be a problem, injuries have not affected our results so far this season, cant see how this one would make it any different.

:greengrin

The more the merrier.

Hibbyradge
08-01-2019, 02:44 PM

:tee hee:

Dripping with it ...

Here’s Lucy!
08-01-2019, 05:32 PM
The back of his mind is a little different from doing it deliberately.

It's like the last games of the season before the cup final. It's subconscious.

:aok: Exactly.

Hibees1973
08-01-2019, 06:43 PM

The whole Hibs - Australia link has been a disaster. We lost Boyle, MacLaren & Milligan for the derby. Boyle’s pace could have made a difference.

Think signing 3 players, albeit Boyle only linked up with Oz recently, has been an unwise move from Hibs given the games they have/will miss and the travelling time involved in them representing their country.

Another self-inflicted wound on our poor season.

Heisenberg
09-01-2019, 08:27 AM
Looks like Boyle is away in for an operation going by his Instagram.

Smartie
09-01-2019, 08:36 AM
The whole Hibs - Australia link has been a disaster. We lost Boyle, MacLaren & Milligan for the derby. Boyle’s pace could have made a difference.

Think signing 3 players, albeit Boyle only linked up with Oz recently, has been an unwise move from Hibs given the games they have/will miss and the travelling time involved in them representing their country.

Another self-inflicted wound on our poor season.

We got a decent amount of cash for McLaren going to the World Cup.

Maybe Hibs get something for these players appearing at this tournament?

International football will add to a player's value so if Boyle has been "found out" a bit and we're looking to move him on anyway, maybe it's not all bad?

I agree that on the face of it it has done little for us in terms of football in the pitch.

Hibbyradge
09-01-2019, 09:07 AM
We got a decent amount of cash for McLaren going to the World Cup.

Maybe Hibs get something for these players appearing at this tournament?

International football will add to a player's value so if Boyle has been "found out" a bit and we're looking to move him on anyway, maybe it's not all bad?

I agree that on the face of it it has done little for us in terms of football in the pitch.

This site gives a little bit of insight.

https://www.thestatszone.com/players-on-international-duty-how-much-compensation-do-clubs-receive

J-C
09-01-2019, 10:04 AM
A lot of English teams have the same problems with African players when they go away to the African Nations, way of world football nowadays.

bigwheel
09-01-2019, 10:53 AM
I notice on Boyle's instagram feed is a picture of him going under some sort of knee surgery/procedure..

There's always a worry with knee injuries that players lose a little bit of their dynamic speed...Hope it is not too bad an injury and that he makes a full recovery.