07-01-2019, 02:54 PM
Check out @HibernianFC’s Tweet:

https://twitter.com/HibernianFC/status/1082285899772248065?s=09

SirDavidsNapper
07-01-2019, 02:55 PM
The lad can strike a ball that's for sure

blackpoolhibs
07-01-2019, 03:23 PM
He showed us early on that he was capable of that every game, if he is to do it in future, then he needs to find a position much further up the park to get the opportunity to try those types of shots.

lapsedhibee
07-01-2019, 03:41 PM
He showed us early on that he was capable of that every game, if he is to do it in future, then he needs to find a position much further up the park to get the opportunity to try those types of shots.
He was very nearly in his own half in that vid.

cleanyman
07-01-2019, 03:51 PM

It's great that he's doing that in training.

I'd like to see him not disappearing for 80 minutes at a time though

blackpoolhibs
07-01-2019, 03:52 PM

You do know that it was a shortened pitch?

Brightside
07-01-2019, 03:53 PM

:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

lapsedhibee
07-01-2019, 04:23 PM

Yeah but we're all watching on minituarised screens, so you have to scale everything up.

Lago
07-01-2019, 04:26 PM
He surely plays where the manager instructs him to.

blackpoolhibs
07-01-2019, 04:27 PM

:agree:

Lago
07-01-2019, 04:27 PM
He showed us early on that he was capable of that every game, if he is to do it in future, then he needs to find a position much further up the park to get the opportunity to try those types of shots.<br>

Lago
07-01-2019, 04:29 PM
<br>
So good I said it twice:greengrin

Saturday Boy
07-01-2019, 04:36 PM
Yeah but we're all watching on minituarised screens, so you have to scale everything up.

Good point. It’s definitely further out on my iPad than on my phone 😄

Lago
07-01-2019, 04:39 PM
Check out @HibernianFC’s Tweet:

https://twitter.com/HibernianFC/status/1082285899772248065?s=09
Fabulous, great player.

green with envy
07-01-2019, 04:40 PM
Disappointing that they're not lounging by the pool.

JXM73
07-01-2019, 04:41 PM

Practice fir Tynie

Smartie
07-01-2019, 05:09 PM

I thought it was just that Dubai was far away?

https://youtu.be/MMiKyfd6hA0

Captain Trips
07-01-2019, 05:12 PM
He scored from just outside his own 18yd box from his own half thats all that needs said.

BILLYHIBS
07-01-2019, 05:17 PM
This place is nuts!

I heard that Joe Tortolano was brilliant in Training

Any news of any signings?

Hibbyradge
07-01-2019, 05:21 PM
[QUOTE=Smartie;5656982]I thought it was just that Dubai was far away?

Very good 👍

cabbageandribs1875
07-01-2019, 05:53 PM
jeezo **** even comments from hibs fans on twitter slating one of our players :rolleyes:

SChibs
07-01-2019, 05:56 PM
jeezo **** even comments from hibs fans on twitter slating one of our players :rolleyes:

Some people don't understand the meaning of the word 'supporter'

Sioux
07-01-2019, 06:04 PM

They probably post on here and know FA about the game.

Hibs90
07-01-2019, 06:05 PM
Some people don't understand the meaning of the word 'supporter'

https://i.gyazo.com/5bf0e666782b8486bdabad31b4b908d5.png

I'm pretty sure everyone on this forum and twitter and the facebook pages is the above. So yes I think they do :wink:

The 90+2
07-01-2019, 06:07 PM
Some technique he has on him he also has brilliant balance. Let’s just hope he can put his game together, he certainly doesn’t seem to lack confidence.

Hibeesmad
07-01-2019, 06:41 PM
If it wasn’t for some of Stevie’s goals we would probably be a lot lower than where we are now

Keith_M
07-01-2019, 06:54 PM
If it wasn’t for some of [insert name]'s goals we would probably be a lot lower than where we are now

A truism.

BoomtownHibees
07-01-2019, 06:58 PM
If it wasn’t for some of Stevie’s goals we would probably be a lot lower than where we are now

No so sure about that with any of his 4 league goals so far. Could possibly argue the goal against Killie contributed to the win but no really the others that came in comfortable wins.

Great finish in this clip though

The_Horde
07-01-2019, 06:58 PM

True. But if yer auntie hud baws we'd maybe have signed someone else who can influence games in so many more ways than scoring.

Viva_Palmeiras
07-01-2019, 07:06 PM
True. But if yer auntie hud baws we'd maybe have signed someone else who can influence games in so many more ways than scoring.

Did she score peaches of goals and free kicks for the Hibs? :)

My_Wife_Camille
07-01-2019, 07:13 PM
Exactly. Mallan has already scored more goals for us this season than McGeouch, McGinn and Allan combined managed last season but I’d swap Mallan and his goals for any one of them in a heartbeat.

SChibs
07-01-2019, 07:33 PM
https://i.gyazo.com/5bf0e666782b8486bdabad31b4b908d5.png

I'm pretty sure everyone on this forum and twitter and the facebook pages is the above. So yes I think they do :wink:

My point was there's a bit of a lack of support from many supporters.

flash
07-01-2019, 07:51 PM
He is a young guy who has only been at the club a few months. Those months have coincided with a horrific injury list and the departure of several of our best players.
He has played practically every game since he arrived after a season of mostly inactivity at his previous club.
Some of the stuff said about him both here and on other fan platforms has been both nasty and unfair.
Give him a bit of time in a settled side playing behind the strikers and I think we will have a player on our hands.
Not that he hasn't chipped in with numerous goals and assists already.

matty_f
07-01-2019, 07:54 PM
He is a young guy who has only been at the club a few months. Those months have coincided with a horrific injury list and the departure of several of our best players.
He has played practically every game since he arrived after a season of mostly inactivity at his previous club.
Some of the stuff said about him both here and on other fan platforms has been both nasty and unfair.
Give him a bit of time in a settled side playing behind the strikers and I think we will have a player on our hands.
:agree:

makaveli1875
07-01-2019, 08:03 PM

Good post . Some absolutely brutal pish directed at him on here at times .

BILLYHIBS
07-01-2019, 08:45 PM
Hmmmm!

Stevie Mallan has scored nine goals from twenty eight games which is a good return from any midfielder
His last two coming against Hamilton in a 6-0 win at Easter Road in an excellent team performance on 6th October
He has played a lot of football since arriving from Barnsley and was perhaps looking forward to his winter break
Since the Hamilton game I can only remember one game when he was truly outstanding versus Celtic on 16/12/18 in a fine 2-0 win where he played a deeper lying role
I would say he has possibly suffered through having to play this new deep lying role and feel as others have said that he may benefit by playing further forward in order to utilise his undoubted shooting ability
I feel that he is an undoubted talent but lately he has been inconsistent and is still trying to find his true position
Hopefully he will find his niche in our new midfield prove all the doubters wrong and go on to become a HIBS legend

GGTTH

cabbageandribs1875
07-01-2019, 08:54 PM

this

BullsCloseHibs
07-01-2019, 09:36 PM
I thought it was gonna be a brilliant strike. Missing something?

NAE NOOKIE
08-01-2019, 03:20 AM
As BILLYHIBS alluded to above Mallan's best game was probably against Celtic where he seemed far more up for it than he had been in other games with his movement and closing players down far more in evidence.

There is without doubt a player in there and perhaps it is true that he is in a midfield where he is expected to do more spadework than a player of his style would want to have to do …. It shouldn't be forgotten that a few players over the years have taken a while to get going, John McGinn was one for a bit and I remember Stuart Lovell from the Sauzee team being a target for the boo boys until he suddenly blossomed and became an integral part of the team.

As for goals in training … meh meh meh …. I scored one like that at walking football a few months ago from a bit closer but into goals half that size, it doesn't mean I could play in the Scottish premiership :greengrin

SirDavidsNapper
08-01-2019, 06:56 AM
As BILLYHIBS alluded to above Mallan's best game was probably against Celtic where he seemed far more up for it than he had been in other games with his movement and closing players down far more in evidence.

There is without doubt a player in there and perhaps it is true that he is in a midfield where he is expected to do more spadework than a player of his style would want to have to do …. It shouldn't be forgotten that a few players over the years have taken a while to get going, John McGinn was one for a bit and I remember Stuart Lovell from the Sauzee team being a target for the boo boys until he suddenly blossomed and became an integral part of the team.

As for goals in training … meh meh meh …. I scored one like that at walking football a few months ago from a bit closer but into goals half that size, it doesn't mean I could play in the Scottish premiership :greengrin

I thought he was outstanding against Celtic bordering on exceptional. Sadly had a stinker in the very next game against Rangers. He's without doubt a player and considering he's only just joined us and come into a new midfield he's done very well imo. He'll be a huge player for us in the seasons to come. The annoying thing for Mallan is that it's like going on the karaoke straight after Leona Lewis. The boys that left last season are still fresh in the mind.

JimBHibees
08-01-2019, 07:00 AM

Totally agree as you say young guy with serious talent being skewered on a daily basis. Time for supporters to support, his performances earlier in the season and also Celtic were excellent a bit of patience required.

Viva_Palmeiras
08-01-2019, 07:10 AM
This place is nuts!

The ignore filter is really handy - but only if you’ve logged in. Otherwise things just get messi. In all my time on the boards - pretty much since the Hibs list evolved I’ve never had to use the ignore feature. Now I’ve got what I hope is not a growing list but it’s gone from zero a couple of weeks ago.

Regular contributors are posting that they are contributing less frequently. Let’s not weight ourselves down and get caught in the mire. Only left once for a few jones around the relegation after Dundee United when it got pretty bad. Hope we can pull away from that is it is a great place. Let’s keep it that way. Maybe I’m just getting old 😎

It’s become tiresome with the “hope im wrong”. Be good if the The realisation of what we actually had accurred when we actually had a player rather than an Epitaph (which was another train crash of a thread).

BILLYHIBS
08-01-2019, 07:18 AM
The ignore filter is really handy - but only if you’ve not logged in. Otherwise things just get messi

Agree! But my ignore file is getting kinda full :greengrin

As Nae Nookie said he scored a similiar goal playing walking football a few months ago ???

:dunno:

PS

Joe Tortolano much maligned was one of my heroes

:not worth

BILLYHIBS
08-01-2019, 07:49 AM
The ignore filter is really handy - but only if you’ve not logged in. Otherwise things just get messi. In all my time on the boards - pretty much since the Hibs list evolved I’ve never had to use the ignore feature. Now I’ve got what I hope is not a growing list. Regular contributors are posting that they are contributing less frequently. Let’s not weight ourselves down and get caught in the mire. Only left once for a few jones around the relegation after Dundee United when it got pretty bad. Hope we can pull away from that is it is a great place. Let’s keep it that way. Maybe I’m just getting old 😎

It’s become tiresome with the “hope im wrong”. Be good if the The realisation of what we actually had accurred when we actually had a player rather than an Epitaph (which was another train crash of a thread).

Agree 100% with your extended post

I also liked what you did with”messi”

:faf:

My own ignore list has grown in the carnage that has been this stop start season

I agree I would like it to return to empty as at the end of the day we are all HIBS supporters and want the same thing

The Stevie Mallan training strike was only a practice in a training kick about

Let us hope he can give us more of the real thing once the new season gets underway

GGTTH

Heisenberg
08-01-2019, 08:00 AM
We all know it was only in training ffs! Still a great strike.

BILLYHIBS
08-01-2019, 08:14 AM

Agree! Great strike but only training

Do you want added to my list ? :greengrin

bigwheel
08-01-2019, 08:20 AM
this is is a lovely piece of football skill from Mallan ..hope we get the ball to him further up the pitch in the second half of the season - there are not that many with this level of consistency in their toolkit [emoji106][emoji122]

SirDavidsNapper
08-01-2019, 08:29 AM
I struggle to think of anyone better i've seen at Hibs striking a ball from that distance. There's a high chance it'll end up in the back of the net. Riordan is the only one i can think of that comes close.

FilipinoHibs
08-01-2019, 08:35 AM
This place is nuts!

Archibald said he was the best crosser of a ball he played with.

BILLYHIBS
08-01-2019, 08:39 AM
Archibald said he was the best crosser of a ball he played with.

Agree! He could whip in a mean cross with that left peg :greengrin

where'stheslope
08-01-2019, 10:31 AM
Very true great goal, but its our defending you really need to look at!!!
That's twice in a couple of weeks we've lost a goal like that!!!!:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
08-01-2019, 12:35 PM

It was a nice finish.

One of the replies I saw to the Hibs official account when they posted the video asked for a similar video of him winning a 50/50. Pretty sure the guy claims to be a Hibs fan but clearly takes delight in rubbishing the players/club. What pleasure do folk get in that?

Ronniekirk
08-01-2019, 12:46 PM
How many games is it since he last scored for first team Seems ages ago Even the number of shots he is having on goal seem to be far fewer Symptomatic of teams dip in form but even on our last run of unbeaten games he didn't score I don't think We are not creating same amount of free kicks iether In the Hearts game st Tyncastke he had several pops at goal that nearly paid off
Don't know if he has been asked to play a different role in some games but we need to get back to playing g in a style that allows him to get back scoring At start of Season you would have thought he was a vert to score nearer 20 goals by end of the Season
Maybe that was expecting too much and he went through goal droughts at St Mirren as well but came back to form again

ian cruise
08-01-2019, 12:59 PM
Mallan is a good player. He needs a settled team and formation and we'll begin to see him showing the soft of form that had so many teams following him when he was at St Mirren. We're in a rebuilding season, that doesn't mean we write the season off but it does mean that we're going to see some poor performances as we try find the right balance as not everything is going to click first time.

The league is still pretty tight, let's see what the team looks like after Jan and what the table looks like come the end of May.

Viva_Palmeiras
09-01-2019, 05:13 AM
The man speaketh...

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hibernian/steven-mallan-backs-himself-to-rediscover-early-season-hibs-form-1-4853610

Some open yet perhaps naive quotes that you just know will be coming back at him on these boards -did he not read Benjis quote about Real Madrid ? :)