PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: HIBERNIAN KICK OFF WINTER TRAINING CAMP

RSS Bot
06-01-2019, 02:40 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/9592)

Hibs90
06-01-2019, 03:10 PM
Interesting comments from George Craig, especially the bit about recruitment.

JimBHibees
06-01-2019, 03:21 PM
Who is the guy behind Fraser Murray?

Wee Scottie Dug
06-01-2019, 03:24 PM

Looks like agyepong, but doesn't look like 17 on his shorts ....... :cb

Heckys Wheel
06-01-2019, 03:25 PM
Think they’re going over the top with the “hard graft” and “not a holiday” chat. Obviously laying it on thick as they realize we’re not where we should be in the league.

JimBHibees
Thought he looked older.

andy1875

Nelom i think?

Wee Scottie Dug
06-01-2019, 03:32 PM
Nelom i think?

Probably is ....... Maybe got his hair cut/braided for the trip, last time I saw him in action it was in full flow!

Billy Whizz
06-01-2019, 03:36 PM
Is Agyepong on the trip

WestStandMoaner
06-01-2019, 03:36 PM

Slightly worrying he talks about having four weeks to recruit, no point bringing players in at the end of the window. We need them early to bed in and to be fit for the restart.

Obviously these guys are the experts and I hope their planning and strategy towards signings prove to be the way forward.

i suppose we can all judge at the end of the window to the quality of the players we recruit and the first few weeks of the restart will soon let us all know if it was a successful transfer window.

Fingers crossed we get it right

B.H.F.C
06-01-2019, 05:05 PM
Fairly standard comments and could have been written for him to be honest.

The bit about waiting for the right players is something they always trot out, and I get it. We need to be good to go for the Motherwell and StMirren games which are both before the end of the window though. Six points required from them if we want to have any chance at all of getting back in to the European mix. Any dropped points might even make top six a stretch.

overdrive
06-01-2019, 05:09 PM
Well whoever insisted Hanlon wasn’t on the trip was talking tripe.

Forza Fred
07-01-2019, 01:56 AM
Do we know which players and officials DID go on the trip?

Zazu62
07-01-2019, 05:54 AM

Talks a good game.

Scotty Leither
07-01-2019, 07:22 AM
Talks a good game.

Yup...

Allant1981
07-01-2019, 07:46 AM
Talks a good game.

Has he not been successful since he was hired?

Juniper Greens
07-01-2019, 07:53 AM
Mentions needing to replace Boyle. His injury must be a bad one, worrying.

SirDavidsNapper
07-01-2019, 08:05 AM

The bit about waiting for the right players is something they always trot out, and I get it. We need to be good to go for the Motherwell and StMirren games which are both before the end of the window though. Six points required from them if we want to have any chance at all of getting back in to the European mix. Any dropped points might even make top six a stretch.

I don't think there's a hope in hell we're finishing 3rd-4th. Right now i'd be very happy with top six.

J-C
07-01-2019, 08:14 AM
Mentions needing to replace Boyle. His injury must be a bad one, worrying.

Not so much replacing, more getting cover. Boyle is one of those players like Stevenson that take lots of contact in games but rarely get injured, we've been very lucky with Boyle so far and he's been an ever present for the past couple of years.

Borderhibbie76
07-01-2019, 11:06 AM

The bit about waiting for the right players is something they always trot out, and I get it. We need to be good to go for the Motherwell and StMirren games which are both before the end of the window though. Six points required from them if we want to have any chance at all of getting back in to the European mix. Any dropped points might even make top six a stretch.Yeah it's the standard line Hibs always trot out and frustrates the hell out of a lot of us...we got told this all summer and look at how all the Late summer signings have performed for us...not great. Other teams get targets in early so why can't we??

I'm hopeful but as a poster above says we need to be ready for these crucial games at Well and St Mirren post winter break

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Diclonius
07-01-2019, 01:39 PM
There's a video on the Facebook page of Mallan hitting quite a remarkable strike in training.

My_Wife_Camille
07-01-2019, 02:20 PM
🤔

Hibbyradge
07-01-2019, 02:24 PM
Think they’re going over the top with the “hard graft” and “not a holiday” chat. Obviously laying it on thick as they realize we’re not where we should be in the league.

Do you think so?

The author mentions "Hard graft" once in the introduction, and George Craig says "work hard" once.

There's no mention of the word "holiday".

The_Horde
07-01-2019, 02:29 PM
🤔

Borrowed Nelom's shorts.

Hibbyradge
07-01-2019, 02:32 PM
Yeah it's the standard line Hibs always trot out and frustrates the hell out of a lot of us...we got told this all summer and look at how all the Late summer signings have performed for us...not great. Other teams get targets in early so why can't we??

I'm hopeful but as a poster above says we need to be ready for these crucial games at Well and St Mirren post winter break

Hibs sign players as soon as they can. They don't wait till the end of the window for the sake of it.

We've already got Gauld coming this week. That's a great signing and it's early in the window. We couldn't get him earlier because his club needed him.

We've also brought in a keeper from Spurs.

Loads of teams haven't signed anyone yet.

In any case, I'd far rather wait to get the players we want than just sign someone because they were available on January 1st.

Borderhibbie76
07-01-2019, 02:55 PM
Hibs sign players as soon as they can. They don't wait till the end of the window for the sake of it.

We've already got Gauld coming this week. That's a great signing and it's early in the window. We couldn't get him earlier because his club needed him.

We've also brought in a keeper from Spurs.

Loads of teams haven't signed anyone yet.

In any case, I'd far rather wait to get the players we want than just sign someone because they were available on January 1st.I do get that mate but plenty have signed quality players early doors too...and we have 3 important matches to play before the end of Jan.

We kept hearing this line in the summer too and as a result went into the season undercooked....I'm pretty certain had a few more been in the door early we could have got past Molde to be honest.

Anyway whenever they arrive ...let's hope we get some quality in the door by end of Jan

Forza Fred
08-01-2019, 02:15 AM
Did Kamberi go to Dubai?

I haven’t seen him in any of the photos

Allant1981
08-01-2019, 07:43 AM
Did Kamberi go to Dubai?

I haven’t seen him in any of the photos

Yip, he is in quite a few of the official pics