PDA

View Full Version : Funniest chant/song

cameronw-hfc
05-01-2019, 01:26 AM
What's everyone's funniest chant/song they've heard either at hibs or another team. I like to old feed the weegies classic from us as my personal favourite. My favourite from elsewhere would be 'Harry potter coming for you aimed at Shelvey now at Newcastle.

Hibeesmad
05-01-2019, 03:11 AM
Booked for being ugly

sauzee=legend
05-01-2019, 05:05 AM
Booked for being ugly will be very hard to beat imo.

IDHibs
05-01-2019, 05:09 AM
What's everyone's funniest chant/song they've heard either at hibs or another team. I like to old feed the weegies classic from us as my personal favourite. My favourite from elsewhere would be 'Harry potter coming for you aimed at Shelvey now at Newcastle.

We'll meet again from the East terracing... I learned to love Vera
lynne that day

IDHibs
05-01-2019, 05:15 AM
Booked for being ugly will be very hard to beat imo.

how about NOT being booked cos you shake hands the right way ? Mincers

Gloucester Hibs
05-01-2019, 06:15 AM
In retrospect not that funny, but “You’re not very good” (knees up mother brown) aimed at the Jambos at the millennium derby seemed hilarious at the time!

Austinho
05-01-2019, 06:23 AM
The Rob Jones song to 'Gold' by Spandau Ballet still makes me laugh to this day.

SouthMoroccoStu
05-01-2019, 06:50 AM
Two Andy Gorams (although now a days we’d probably be on the front page of the Daily Ranger for making fun of a person with mental health issues)

What’s it like to sh*g a hun? Directed at Gary Caldwell after his alleged affair with a rangers cheerleader

Rudi Skacel is a....... well maybe not 😉

NorthNorfolkHFC
05-01-2019, 06:57 AM
70% of the away support doing the conga at Dumbarton when big Dom scored his third.

“Doo, Doo, Doo”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spike220
05-01-2019, 08:12 AM
For the rest of the season:

He ain't Efe he's McGregor!!!

Elephant Stone
05-01-2019, 08:22 AM
Tony Mowbray, Mark Venus :whistle:

Sweet Left Peg
05-01-2019, 08:46 AM
We are the people

Sung by a full away stand as we pumped the currant buns 0-3 at Ibrox in the Cup.

Cat Stanton
05-01-2019, 08:50 AM

Very good!

Wakeyhibee
05-01-2019, 09:22 AM
We are the people

Sung by a full away stand as we pumped the currant buns 0-3 at Ibrox in the Cup.

Now that was funny!!, the looks on the faces of the few that were left :)

Time For Heroes
05-01-2019, 09:33 AM

bigwheel
05-01-2019, 09:34 AM

Sometimes there is a touch of quality in here [emoji2][emoji108][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

SirDavidsNapper
05-01-2019, 09:57 AM
We are the people

That was very pleasing. They even turned the scoreboard off

BILLYHIBS
05-01-2019, 10:12 AM
Morton fans

”Lenny Lenny brush your teeth! “

:faf:

Keith_M
05-01-2019, 10:29 AM
We are the people

That was fantastic and I remember having Celtc Fans at work on the Monday saying how much they enjoyed it as well.

Joe6-2
05-01-2019, 11:26 AM
Booked for being ugly

This, all day long

Gloucester Hibs
05-01-2019, 11:30 AM
That was fantastic and I remember having Celtc Fans at work on the Monday saying how much they enjoyed it as well.

Satisfying thing about those 0-3 wins at Ibrox for me was that that was the bona fide, full-fat, EBT-pumped huns we were dismantling!

we are hibs
05-01-2019, 11:42 AM
After we beat the huns 2-0 at ibrox in 2015 and the subsequent lock in, the ground staff were out cutting the grass and were serenaded with a chorus of "are you ally in disguise?" A couple of months after the was put on gardening leave

Billy Whizz
05-01-2019, 11:49 AM
After we beat the huns 2-0 at ibrox in 2015 and the subsequent lock in, the ground staff were out cutting the grass and were serenaded with a chorus of "are you ally in disguise?" A couple of months after the was put on gardening leave

Was it not, Ally Ally what’s the score?

we are hibs
05-01-2019, 11:50 AM

Possibly. Was 4 years ago tbf we have won a few times at ibrox since so hard to remember :greengrin

Billy Whizz
05-01-2019, 11:50 AM
I also remember the one we sang at Dingwall around the time had the points deduction

Oh Christmas tree oh Christmas tree, the Hearts are now on minus 3

As they were at the time

HappyAsHellas
05-01-2019, 12:17 PM
Certainly not PC, but I remember the Huns singing "could you go a chicken supper Bobby Sands".

The 90+2
05-01-2019, 12:19 PM
Certainly not PC, but I remember the Huns singing "could you go a chicken supper Bobby Sands".

Reminds me of “oh I would rather **** a sheep than missus mols” 😂

where'stheslope
05-01-2019, 03:07 PM
Always liked the chant "The Bully Wee", when Clyde were playing!!!!

judas
05-01-2019, 03:33 PM
Salvatories ma’s a hoor

Connollys11
05-01-2019, 03:34 PM
Davie dodds the elephant man, Davie dodds the elephant man.

Connollys11
05-01-2019, 03:37 PM
A man starving himself to death for political equality aye that's hilarious right enough.

bigwheel
05-01-2019, 03:38 PM

Didn't see the funny side of that one tbh....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Connollys11
05-01-2019, 03:42 PM
Didn't see the funny side of that one tbh....

It's disgusting. The guy starved himself to death for political equality.

PercyHibs
05-01-2019, 04:20 PM
It's disgusting. The guy starved himself to death for political equality.

Aye we heard you the first time

HappyAsHellas
05-01-2019, 04:29 PM
He actually starved himself to death trying to get special treatment as a political prisoner as opposed to being treated as a common criminal.
I understand not all would find it amusing due to political affiliations.

southsider
05-01-2019, 04:30 PM

No defo r u Aly in disguise. Very funny moment. Didn’t fancy public transport back to Qn St station so took a taxi. On train home a hun fan told a ten year old boy that ‘ his dirty fenian face was getting chucked off the train. His dad got a few guys together and the hun left. The dad reported him to railway police.

bigwheel
05-01-2019, 04:56 PM
He actually starved himself to death trying to get special treatment as a political prisoner as opposed to being treated as a common criminal.

It's a song based on bigotry and hatred...you don't have to support the Bobby Sands cause to find it not funny..

hibsitis
05-01-2019, 05:47 PM
Older netters will remember that in the 80s British Airways had an ad playing on the British theme which went 'we'll take good care of you, fly the flag, fly the flag'. This was adapted by Dundee fans when playing United with Hamish McAlpine in goal to 'she'll take good care of you, McAlpine's wife, McAlpine's wife'.

Mick O'Rourke
05-01-2019, 06:10 PM

"Special status" for political prisoners had been in place
The Crown accepted that they were, de facto, prisoners of war.
This status was withdrawn,which led to the blanket protests and ultimately the hunger strikes.

10 men starved to death during that time.
Thatcher turned a blind eye and let these deaths continue.
Bobby Sands of course was the most known one.
He became an MP in death.

The Special Status (political prisoners) was later re instated.

Only at the den in Govan would such chants be heard.
They still do chant about Bobby Sands.

Nothing in the least in tune with the thread title.

Edit:
Political affillations had nothing to do with the universal anger and horror at these strikes taking place.

Thatcher could have stopped them.

Tory revenge seemed to have taken over and she allowed the strikes to continue,when she could have stopped them with the stroke of a pen.

SideBurns
05-01-2019, 06:17 PM

"...not all would find it amusing..."; only a total ******** would find it amusing. I can only assume you fit that description since you've chosen that song for this thread. Disgusting.

SideBurns
05-01-2019, 06:30 PM
"Special status" for political prisoners had been in place
The Crown accepted that they were, de facto, prisoners of war.
This status was withdrawn which led to the blanket protests and ultimately the hunger strikes.

10 men starved to death during that time
Thatcher turned a blind eye and let these deaths continue.
Bobby Sands of course was the most known one.
He became an MP in death.

The Special Status (political prisoners) was later re instated.

Only at the den in Govan would such chants be heard.
They still do chant about Bobby Sands.
Nothing in the least in tune with the thread title.

100% correct Mick, of course. If Happy as Hellas finds that funny, his team of choice should be The Huns, where he will find like minded individuals to join him in revelling in such 'humour'.

1van Sprou7e
05-01-2019, 06:35 PM
Chucky are laaaah!!!!!

Leith's finest
05-01-2019, 10:00 PM
Ram your 1902, the 1st derby after we won the sc

Mick O'Rourke
05-01-2019, 10:26 PM
Ram your 1902, the 1st derby after we won the sc

One of my favourites, too

Along with "we can see ye sneaking oot"

I guess that has been sung towards us, too !

Mibbes Aye
06-01-2019, 02:45 AM
Some good ones mentioned already but "Ooh-ah Jackson-ah" was a favourite because he was great but nowhere close to Cantona and that made it funny.

Austinho
06-01-2019, 02:55 AM
Can’t even have a light hearted thread on here these days without it descending into political debates.

HoboHarry
06-01-2019, 03:08 AM
He shoots, he scores, he'll eat your Labrador always cracked me up. Originally aimed at Park Ji-sung if I remember correctly.....

IDHibs
06-01-2019, 08:21 AM
Sometimes there is a touch of quality in here [emoji2][emoji108][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

i'm 63 and being a hibby just gets better....we have no equals

IDHibs
06-01-2019, 08:26 AM
He shoots, he scores, he'll eat your Labrador always cracked me up. Originally aimed at Park Ji-sung if I remember correctly.....

sick as...but funny all the same ... i liked the "Richard Gough child molester" and "super ********" for Coisty

Mick O'Rourke
06-01-2019, 01:16 PM
Can’t even have a light hearted thread on here these days without it descending into political debates.

There was nothing light hearted about the post that suggested a chant about a man who starved himself to death,or the subsequent suggestions that eating domestic pets was hilarious.
That was,i think ,originally chanted at/about a Korean footballer.
Read into that type of "song"what you will.

Apart from those and the one about Richard Gough, the thread has been mostly "light hearted"
I think ! :hmmm:

Edit:
There are some that even go down not to badly among the support the chants are aimed at
Aberdeen fans, for example, laugh and even have their own version of the Sheep song.
But there is a line, is there, not on what is seen as "funny"

And i will put my hands up and say i sang some "unfunny" songs back in the day.

Old age, eh !"

Red Cabbage
06-01-2019, 01:27 PM

Yeah and there was a couple more in the same vein which cracked me up:

Park, Park, wherever you may be
You eat dogs in your own country
Could be worse
Could be Scouse
Eating rats in your council house

and

There were ten alsatians walking down the street
But if Ji Sung Park fancied one to eat
There'd be nine alsatians walking down the street (and repeat until no alsatians left!)

HUTCHYHIBBY
06-01-2019, 01:30 PM
Yeah and there was a couple more in the same vein which cracked me up:

Park, Park, wherever you may be
You eat dogs in your own country
Could be worse
Could be Scouse
Eating rats in your council house

and

But if Ji Sung Park fancied one to eat
There'd be nine alsatians walking down the street (and repeat until no alsatians left!)

Watch out, Mick will be after you. 😊

Mick O'Rourke
06-01-2019, 01:43 PM
Watch out, Mick will be after you. ��

Not at all :greengrin
Just expressing my own views as to the eating the dogs song.
Never ever heard it in a Scottish football ground.
More racist than funny.

But each to their own.

Al be reading next that up tae yer knees and sad FB are very funny chants !!

Two to add..
"You're no rAngers anymore" and "We were first to wear the Green"

Nothing controversial there, i hope !

Carheenlea
06-01-2019, 02:00 PM
Aye we heard you the first time

:hilarious

The Pointer
06-01-2019, 02:13 PM
Wish we'd sung,

'We paid for your hats,
We paid for your hats,
What a waste of Council tax.
We paid for your hats."

....at the end of the Cup Final with Strathclyde's finest arrayed in front of us.

HappyAsHellas
06-01-2019, 02:50 PM
sang at Louis Suarez ; Your teeth are offside, your teeth are offside......

and for Mezut Ozil: Your eyes are offside....

Lancs Harp
06-01-2019, 03:39 PM
ManU fans yesterday at the introduction of their exciting youngster Tahith Chong as a second half substitute sang "We've only got one Chong" (mimicking the chant "You've only got one song") ... probably not the funniest but made me chuckle yesterday when I heard it. Good prospect that lad.

NadeAteMyLunch!
06-01-2019, 04:36 PM
The Rob Jones song to 'Gold' by Spandau Ballet still makes me laugh to this day.

Hopefully be heard again very soon if we get Gauld signed

BOB MARLEYS DUG
06-01-2019, 05:27 PM
Lets pretend we scored a goal

IDHibs
06-01-2019, 06:05 PM
Lets pretend we scored a goal

Now that is funny :top marks

Frazerbob
06-01-2019, 07:05 PM
a man starving himself to death for political equality aye that's hilarious right enough.

ffs

Lancs Harp
06-01-2019, 07:17 PM
ffs

Connollys we've all got something to say but you do come across as a bit celtic.

We're a Scottish football club with originally irish roots but times have moved on , unless you live in Glasgow. Thats important to some, which is great but to the majority isnt. we're not an Irish Club ala Celtic and havent been for over 100 years.

For me (and im English) Hibs represent inclusiveness, we're Bohemian, a bit left wing (although not all of us) we fight for we think is right and we support a great football institution. Celebrate what we are and keep the political stuff out of it. theres one of two other clubs covering that.

:flag:

SideBurns
06-01-2019, 08:24 PM
Connollys we've all got something to say but you do come across as a bit celtic.

We're a Scottish football club with originally irish roots but times have moved on , unless you live in Glasgow. Thats important to some, which is great but to the majority isnt. we're not an Irish Club ala Celtic and havent been for over 100 years.

For me (and im English) Hibs represent inclusiveness, we're Bohemian, a bit left wing (although not all of us) we fight for we think is right and we support a great football institution. Celebrate what we are and keep the political stuff out of it. theres one of two other clubs covering that.

Regardless of your views on Connollys various posts on several subjects, it wasn't him who dragged politics into this - it was another poster who, on a thread titled 'Funniest chant/song' chose one chanted by the Huns in the 80s about a young man who died on hunger strike. I challenged that post strongly, as did Mick O'Rourke and, to a lesser degree, a couple of other posters, as well as Connollys.

I'd be seriously concerned about any Hibby who finds that typically stupid, bigoted, chant by that mob amusing on any level.

Lancs Harp
06-01-2019, 08:27 PM
Regardless of your views on Connollys various posts on several subjects, it wasn't him who dragged politics into this - it was another poster who, on a thread titled 'Funniest chant/song' chose one chanted by the Huns in the 80s about a young man who died on hunger strike. I challenged that post strongly, as did Mick O'Rourke and, to a lesser degree, a couple of other posters, as well as Connollys.

I'd be seriously concerned about any Hibby who finds that typically stupid, bigoted, chant by that mob amusing on any level.

I dont believe I did fella and I wasnt responding to the post you suggest.

nairn hibee
06-01-2019, 08:31 PM
They're dirty and they're smelly
they hav'nt got a telly
they come from near lochgelly
the Cowdenbeath family

SideBurns
06-01-2019, 08:42 PM
I dont believe I did fella and I wasnt responding to the post you suggest.

I wasn't suggesting you did Lancs Harp, and it was obvious from your post that you wouldn't. I was merely pointing out that Connollys wasn't the only person who reacted to the post about the despicable Bobby Sands chant. I'd like to think HappyasHellas was trolling, in which case he's probably got the reaction he was looking for!

Lancs Harp
06-01-2019, 08:44 PM
I wasn't suggesting you did Lancs Harp, and it was obvious from your post that you wouldn't. I was merely pointing out that Connollys wasn't the only person who reacted to the post about the despicable Bobby Sands chant. I'd like to think HappyasHellas was trolling, in which case he's probably got the reaction he was looking for!

No problem mate.

Leith's finest
06-01-2019, 09:41 PM
If it wiznae for the hibees yould be huns, to celtic fans is quite funny

BILLYHIBS
06-01-2019, 09:53 PM
If it wiznae for the hibees yould be huns, to celtic fans is quite funny

:faf:

Hermit Crab
07-01-2019, 12:39 AM
Booked for being ugly

Even Fulton laughed at that. It was great banter between player and fans.

IDHibs
07-01-2019, 12:45 AM

:top marks excellent

Tornadoes70
07-01-2019, 01:12 AM

Good post.

A welcoming inclusive club that welcomes all irrespective of background or ethnicity etc and rightly so.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

howdenthehibby
07-01-2019, 06:06 AM
Vladimir Romanov he svcks, you know the rest.
And from Liverpool, he's big he's red his feet hang out the bed Peter Crouch ,Peter Crouch.

Mixu62
07-01-2019, 06:31 AM
The Jim Jeffries song that gave rise the "the Leith san siro"!!

greenpaper55
07-01-2019, 06:53 AM
I will be glad when the schools return !

Hermit Crab
07-01-2019, 08:21 AM
This one from AFC Wimbledon fans isn't bad. :greengrin

https://youtu.be/73B6Ko3s744

Chip shop Joe
07-01-2019, 10:11 AM
After Steven Gerrards Mrs was allegedly in a liaison with a local criminal. The away fans (and I can't remember who they were) sang, to the tune of the Automatic song, what's that coming over the hill:

"who's that c*ming over your bird, is it a gangster?"

Not very PC but very funny at the time!

Elephant Stone
07-01-2019, 10:23 AM
After Steven Gerrards Mrs was allegedly in a liaison with a local criminal. The away fans (and I can't remember who they were) sang, to the tune of the Automatic song, what's that coming over the hill:

"who's that c*ming over your bird, is it a gangster?"

Not very PC but very funny at the time!

:top marks

HappyAsHellas
07-01-2019, 03:40 PM

I wasn't trolling, I was incredibly bored and had a brain fart......

JimBHibees
07-01-2019, 03:43 PM
they hav'nt got a telly
the Cowden family

:greengrin

oramhibee
07-01-2019, 05:17 PM
As a reply to ‘Oh the Hibees are gay’ , when Hearts players weren’t getting their wages, Hibs fans sang ‘Oh the Hibees get paid!’

Mick O'Rourke
07-01-2019, 05:29 PM
As a reply to ‘Oh the Hibees are gay’ , when Hearts players weren’t getting their wages, Hibs fans sang ‘Oh the Hibees get paid!’

That was the best football chant retort of all time !

The not so noisy neighbour's must have been scratching their collective head(sic) wondering what the the heck,to the same tune, we were singing .....

Then suddenly it dawned !!!

Wakeyhibee
07-01-2019, 06:59 PM
they hav'nt got a telly
the Cowdenbeath family

I remember that on Saint & Greavesie :)

judas
07-01-2019, 07:26 PM

Well, that’s satire for you.

Green Reaper
07-01-2019, 07:45 PM
Someone will have to fill in the details but I remember a chant years ago, think from a Highland team to local rivals who possibly had some sort of gypsy heritage that went, "the wheels on your house go round and round, round and round...

hibee
07-01-2019, 08:06 PM
Someone will have to fill in the details but I remember a chant years ago, think from a Highland team to local rivals who possibly had some sort of gypsy heritage that went, "the wheels on your house go round and round, round and round...

Inverness to Ross County, hadn’t heard it before but it’s quite amusing!

bodhibs
07-01-2019, 08:21 PM
I remember an away trip to the sheep, probably in the early 90's when at the time the sheep were broke. There had been a fire alarm at the ground and as a result they'd banned tea and toast from pittodrie. Think we were playing on the Saturday after this broke and the chant 'we want toast' made me laugh along with some frizbeed smuggled bits of toast. Always wondered, who actually made toast to take to a game?

Bishop Hibee
07-01-2019, 08:47 PM
10 Men Couldnae Carry. Still makes me laugh thinking about it.

beensaidbefore
07-01-2019, 08:59 PM
Not hibs related, but in Milan for the Scotland game a few years ago, 'we're gonna deep fry your pizza', thought that was quite witty.

Broken Gnome
07-01-2019, 09:11 PM

The Paul Hartley version probably helped us beat them at Easter Road one time, wound him up something rotten.

Think it was just Aberdeen fans who I've heard knock out...

Who ate all the straw, who ate all the straw
Dave McPherson, donkey b*****d
You ate all the straw

Not that it was actually funny the 1000th time you heard it, but shame the back and forth sheep****ger stuff with Aberdeen is dying out. Classic 90s fare.

thorbs
08-01-2019, 08:20 AM
"Warburton's a f@nny" is a favourite of mine

thorbs
08-01-2019, 08:23 AM
or the Marvin Bartley/Paul Hartley one

BILLYHIBS
08-01-2019, 08:32 AM
Not only do we have the most traditional modern non political non sectarian football songs and the best anthem of any football club I know we also have the best colours football strip and funniest songs of any football club I know

Whats not to like?

Thief
08-01-2019, 09:36 AM
A personal favourite of mine from the distant past to the tune of deck the halls.
“Derek Parlane w***s alsations, na, na, na etc”

Always wondered how, in pre social media days, a chant that is so ridiculous could ever take off lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HoboHarry
08-01-2019, 10:02 AM
We hate Jimmy Hill, he's a p**f.....

Another chant so absurd it was funny.....

AltheHibby
08-01-2019, 01:01 PM
We hate Jimmy Hill, he's a p**f.....

Another chant so absurd it was funny.....

The funny thing is that he loved Scotland and had a great sense of humour, taking the chant as banter and not getting upset.

The Pointer
08-01-2019, 04:41 PM
The only time I went to Wembley was in 1975 for the 5-1 game with Stewart Kennedy in goals. Phoned my mum from the phone in the Cafe Royal to tell my mum and caught the overnight 'Alkie Express' with my brother and his mates.

At the FA cup Final the weekend before, I think a Chelsea fan had come a cropper on the underground and they wouldn't allow Scotland fans to use it to get out to Wembley in case something similar happened.

"We've got feet.
We've got brains.
We don't need your ****'n trains.
Na, na, na, na, na, na na, na, na."

It was a very long walk back!

Or the opening game of the 1998 World Cup.

"There's only one Ronaldo.
There's only one Ronaldo.
With a packet of sweets and a cheeky wee smile,
Ronaldo is a ****'n paedophile."

(Of course he isn't, but it's just a football chant.)

SouthMoroccoStu
08-01-2019, 04:44 PM
The funny thing is that he loved Scotland and had a great sense of humour, taking the chant as banter and not getting upset.

Took it on the chin did he?

SouthMoroccoStu
08-01-2019, 04:49 PM
When Graham Rix was hearts boss

Away up in Gorgie he creeps round the park
To look for school children that are out after dark
He tempts them with Smarties and Mars bars and Twix
But you better ca canny cause it’s Graham Rix

Mick O'Rourke
08-01-2019, 07:23 PM
The only time I went to Wembley was in 1975 for the 5-1 game with Stewart Kennedy in goals. Phoned my mum from the phone in the Cafe Royal to tell my mum and caught the overnight 'Alkie Express' with my brother and his mates.

At the FA cup Final the weekend before, I think a Chelsea fan had come a cropper on the underground and they wouldn't allow Scotland fans to use it to get out to Wembley in case something similar happened.

"We've got feet.
We've got brains.

That may have been a factor.
However.
An incident on the underground at the previous Wembley you mention led to underground staff going on strike during the Wembley weekend 1975.

An Edinburgh man seriously assaulted a tube worker at the '73 Wembley.
That was cited as the main reason for the "tube ban"
I was at both those games and 5 other "Wembleys "
I had a drink with the guy responsible a couple of years ago in a bar in Dalry Road !!

Not so much a chant/song,but a brilliant banner.
At the '76 game at Hampden,King Kenny nutmegged Ray Clemence to score

Scotland won 2-1

At the '77 Wembley ,a guy fae the Southside had a great banner about that Kenny goal

It read

" Ray Clemence opens his legs
wider than Christine Keeler""

Older guys here will know about Christine ;-)
You young guys will need to google it ;!!

PS
I got to Wembley no bother when the trains were cancelled.
Stayed in Fulham with a cousin and got a lift up to North London.
But tens of thousands walked from Central London that Saturday morning.

DickieDastardly
08-01-2019, 07:45 PM
Here’s a simple one which will strike a chord with only 600 or so fans, hold your right arm up in the air, shake a limp hand and and sing “goulash goulash goulash goulash”..... repeat until bored

BILLYHIBS
08-01-2019, 08:50 PM
Not a chant but one funny memory perhaps older posters will remember

Just after the failed Wallet Mercenery take over attempt thanks to the Hands Off HIBS campaign in 1990 there was a particularly bad tempered Derby match at Easter Road that Hearts easily won 3-0

Anyway HIBS won the 1991 Skol League Cup after almost going out of existence and funnily enough there was another Derby at Easter Road the club and the police pleaded with the fans not to say or do anything to inflame the situation bearing in mind the ugly scenes that had marred the last Derby

When the teams ran out almost every Hibby especially in the East held up a silver cardboard cut out replica of the Scottish League Cup as if to say you tried to kill us off but we are still here

The team that would not die!

:not worth

Mixu62
08-01-2019, 09:14 PM
When Graham Rix was hearts boss

Away up in Gorgie he creeps round the park
To look for school children that are out after dark
He tempts them with Smarties and Mars bars and Twix
But you better ca canny cause it’s Graham Rix

And the Manic Street Preachers song:

If you tolerate Rix
Then your children will be next

Pretty bad taste in hindsight, but different times.

hibee-boys
08-01-2019, 10:03 PM
Plenty that would not be deemed appropriate these days, as has been mentioned, changed days thankfully.

I remember a rumour circulating pre derby that John Roberston's wife was playing away from home, probably nonsense Robbo if you're listening in! Anyway, for a couple of games choruses of (to the tune of the Mickey Weir chant)...."she's here, she's there, she's every fxxxxxx where, Robbo's wife" etc etc.

I always found the Keith Houchen hokey cokey effort very amusing!:)

Iggy Pope
08-01-2019, 10:23 PM
I wasn't trolling, I was incredibly bored and had a brain fart......

Not being fluent in the Greek, is your Avatar some sort of statement? Looks political and relevant to incarceration. I'm interested.

bodhibs
08-01-2019, 10:28 PM
Not a chant and would be a pain to sing but, a quick poem about a beast. Always made me smile.

Way down in Georgie, he creeps round the park,

Looking for schoolies alone after dark,

Offers them a mars bar, a snickers, a twix,

Better watch out it's Graham Rix.

AltheHibby
09-01-2019, 10:05 AM
Took it on the chin did he?

😂

BOB MARLEYS DUG
09-01-2019, 07:54 PM
We’re f***** s***

HappyAsHellas
09-01-2019, 08:01 PM
Not being fluent in the Greek, is your Avatar some sort of statement? Looks political and relevant to incarceration. I'm interested.

It reads "freedom for fans"

Is It On....
09-01-2019, 08:21 PM

Think the DJ at ICT got into trouble for playing "Tramps & Thieves" at half time.

Is It On....
09-01-2019, 08:24 PM
Plenty that would not be deemed appropriate these days, as has been mentioned, changed days thankfully.

I remember a rumour circulating pre derby that John Roberston's wife was playing away from home, probably nonsense Robbo if you're listening in! Anyway, for a couple of games choruses of (to the tune of the Mickey Weir chant)...."she's here, she's there, she's every fxxxxxx where, Robbo's wife" etc etc.

I always found the Keith Houchen hokey cokey effort very amusing!:)

To same tune "It's black, it's blue, it's f#ckin broke in 2" About a broken leg to a Rangers RIP captain that became our manager for about 7 months..

Greencore
10-01-2019, 12:29 AM
Not a chant or a song, but the 0-0 game at Tynie a few weeks ago, hearts have took about their 5th throw in of the match. They kept wiping the ball before the throw ins and Someone from behind me shouts “where the f*** do these c**** keep getting the towels?! They Dinny even f****** wash” 😂😂😂😂😂😂:not worth

Tornadoes70
10-01-2019, 12:52 AM
Remember a song in the seventies of a 'Dig a hole and bury him' if an opposition player was being treated for too long. Or something similar. Think it was in respect of what I've referred to?

RobR27
10-01-2019, 02:46 AM
Not been through the whole thread so might have missed this mentioned.. But Newcastle fans to Sunderland fans the other night at an under 21s game..

“We saw you cry on Netflix”

houstonhibbee
10-01-2019, 03:03 AM

"We've got feet.
We've got brains.

Was at that game too. Arthur on the wing. Saw led zep at the Hammersmth Odeon on the Friday