PDA

View Full Version : NHC Kamara

hibees 7062
04-01-2019, 06:33 PM
Not good enough for us but good enough for Rangers

Connollys11
04-01-2019, 06:36 PM

Typical. Can just tell this window is going to be dreadful.

Heisenberg

Don’t recall many saying he isn’t good enough for us?

SMAXXA

Darren Mcgregor not good enough for Rangers but Scottish cup winning legend good enough for us? What’s your point?

hibsbollah
Kamara must be the most ubiquitous name in world football. Seems like every club must have a Kamara in their team. There are THREE Boubacar Kamaras playing at the top level.

Well done the huns getting one of the Kamara canon.:greengrin

Heisenberg
04-01-2019, 06:37 PM

Why? Because we can’t compete with Rangers financially?

B.H.F.C
04-01-2019, 06:38 PM
Who’s ever said he wasn’t good for us?

hibees 7062
04-01-2019, 06:38 PM
Don’t recall many saying he isn’t good enough for us?

Do you not ? I do

Connollys11
04-01-2019, 06:39 PM

Nah because we always leave it too late to go for our targets and end up going after utter dross on the last day.

The 90+2
04-01-2019, 06:41 PM
Who’s ever said he wasn’t good for us?

Plenty posts on here recently saying he’s been ***** for a year and Lennon would be getting slated if we went for him in the summer because of his form.

brog
04-01-2019, 06:41 PM
Nah because we always leave it too late to go for our targets and end up going after utter dross on the last day.

This time last year the utter dross we signed on the last day was Scott Allan.

Dalianwanda
04-01-2019, 06:42 PM

Based on Kamara signing for Rangers? (which would certainly put him out of our price range)

Have a bit of patience......forums got itself in an awful froth today...

The 90+2
04-01-2019, 06:42 PM

We should be going for players like him and Shankland when it’s starting in the face eventually they will become unaffordable.

Connollys11
04-01-2019, 06:43 PM
Aye one decent last day this millennium haha

Connollys11
04-01-2019, 06:44 PM
Based on Kamara signing for Rangers? (which would certainly put him out of our price range)

Have a bit of patience......forums got itself in an awful froth today...

Can just tell it's going to be one of those season's mate wouldn't even surprise me if Allan ends up at Aberdeen.

Ozyhibby
04-01-2019, 06:45 PM
We can’t compete with new Rangers so if they want him then they will get him. What is disappointing is that we did not move for him before they did in the summer. Would have had a valuable asset on our books now rather than an expensive dud in Mark Milligan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DarlingtonHibee
04-01-2019, 06:45 PM

You should apply for the ceo post, you seem to know everything about running a professional football team

The 90+2
04-01-2019, 06:46 PM
Aye one decent last day this millennium haha

Deeks and Bamba

Connollys11
04-01-2019, 06:47 PM
We can’t compete with new Rangers so if they want him then they will get him. What is disappointing is that we did not move for him before they did in the summer. Would have had a valuable asset on our books now rather than an expensive dud in Mark Milligan.

Totally agree with you mate our recruitment team is a shambles.

CropleyWasGod
You should apply for the ceo post, you seem to know everything about running a professional football team

You're going to miss him when he's gone 😁

Connollys11
Deeks and Bamba

Haha that wasn't so bad either a suppose bud

DarlingtonHibee
We should be going for players like him and Shankland when it’s starting in the face eventually they will become unaffordable.

You should be connolly 11 right hand man, when he is running hibs.

DarlingtonHibee
04-01-2019, 06:48 PM

Bet leeann is losing sleep.....

Connollys11
04-01-2019, 06:48 PM

Hahaha cheers for the vote of confidence

brianmc
04-01-2019, 06:49 PM

Andy Halliday. Good enough for the rangers NOT good enough for us!

Hope I've got this game right - what do I win!

Connollys11
04-01-2019, 06:50 PM

It's connollys11 pal no Connolly 11

Mick O'Rourke
04-01-2019, 06:54 PM

Touche BR !!

HNY !!!

Dalianwanda
04-01-2019, 06:55 PM
Can just tell it's going to be one of those season's mate wouldn't even surprise me if Allan ends up at Aberdeen.

Hopefully your wrong, can only wait and see.....Hopefully theres a few rabbits pulled out of bags..And Aberdeen arent interested in SA (he has a habit of going were the cash is)

Who knows whats being offered to players from teams other than ourselves..We have a budget to work to & hopefully that brings in some positive reinforcements. I'm not being all happy clappy, I just dont see the need for the panic button yet..

SMAXXA
04-01-2019, 06:58 PM

Was Claros not similar after he went and spoke to Rangers

Dalianwanda
04-01-2019, 06:58 PM

Thats only if we could afford what Dundee were asking and that he was interested in coming to us in the first place. He could have been tapped up by The Rangers a while back and told to hold out till now. I suppose if all ifs and buts.

Connollys11
04-01-2019, 06:59 PM
Hopefully your wrong, can only wait and see.....Hopefully theres a few rabbits pulled out of bags..And Aberdeen arent interested in SA (he has a habit of going were the cash is)

Who knows whats being offered to players from teams other than ourselves..We have a budget to work to & hopefully that brings in some positive reinforcements. I'm not being all happy clappy, I just dont see the need for the panic button yet..

Aye a totally agree mate hopefully lenny works his magic this window again like! Am just gutted we never went for kamara in the summer he should've been priority.

Hi Heid Yin
04-01-2019, 07:01 PM
Kamara must be the most ubiquitous name in world football. Seems like every club must have a Kamara in their team. There are THREE Boubacar Kamaras playing at the top level.

I saw Chris Kamara ( yes, the infectious Sky reporter/pundit) play for Swindon Town many years ago. He was brilliant. He went onto play at a higher level for Leeds United.

ehf
04-01-2019, 07:01 PM

Mutualled before we even announce a signing, methinks.

NORTHERNHIBBY
04-01-2019, 07:07 PM
Another thread about missing out on a player who we were not going to sign.

Allant1981
04-01-2019, 07:09 PM
Another thread about missing out on a player who we were not going to sign.

But it's a good chance to have a go at the club though

The 90+2
04-01-2019, 07:10 PM

Or I’ll just stick to giving opinions on a messageboard made for erm opinions?

Hermit Crab
04-01-2019, 07:10 PM

Were we ever in for him?

The 90+2
04-01-2019, 07:12 PM
I saw Chris Kamara ( yes, the infectious Sky reporter/pundit) play for Swindon Town many years ago. He was brilliant. He went onto play at a higher level for Leeds United.

Wasn’t he in the same team as Don Goodman, another brilliant footballer and sky pundit at one point? The reason I bring that up is I remember him scoring an utter peach, might have been an overhead kick at the FF end for Motherwell in perhaps a 2-2 draw? He was class even then.

weecounty hibby

In the summer Dundee said they wanted £1m for him. Even if they held out for half of that he isnt worth that to Hibs. He has been pretty poor for Dundee recently and will be a squad filler at Ibrox, they can afford to do that. I would have signed him but only if he was a free agent or for a nominal fee. I cant believe that even you who seem to think we have millions to spend would have done so on Kamara. We would have had no valuable asset on our books because as in the summer NO ONE would spend big money on him and would wait on his contract running down as they have done now. See Dylan as an example of this. I really struggle as to why you cant grasp that

Connollys11
Or I’ll just stick to giving opinions on a messageboard made for erm opinions?

Haha exactly ae! You canny dae that on here like as soon as you disagree with one of the veterans you're a jambo troll.

The 90+2
04-01-2019, 07:13 PM
But it's a good chance to have a go at the club though

Who’s having a go at the club? I see it as more of a dig at posters who said he isn’t good enough, which he may still not be.

Allant1981
04-01-2019, 07:16 PM
Who’s having a go at the club? I see it as more of a dig at posters who said he isn’t good enough, which he may still not be.

By saying not good enough for us but good enough for rangers, that's a bit of a dig?

Smartie
04-01-2019, 07:18 PM

We need to find our own Kamara - th' obscura the better, as I like a signing I've never heard of before.

Connollys11
04-01-2019, 07:19 PM
We need to find our own Kamara - th' obscura the better, as I like a signing I've never heard of before.

We've signed Tommy block mate look no further

Bristolhibby
04-01-2019, 07:19 PM

I’ll see your Kamara and raise you a Dembele.

https://www.beinsports.com/au/football/news/know-your-dembeles/433013

The 90+2
04-01-2019, 07:22 PM
By saying not good enough for us but good enough for rangers, that's a bit of a dig?

At the posters saying he’s not good enough for us, yes, at the club, no.

Allant1981
04-01-2019, 07:23 PM
At the posters saying he’s not good enough for us, yes, at the club, no.

Ok if you say so

ehf
04-01-2019, 07:24 PM

This boy would seem to fit the bill - and he's a free agent!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jude_Nworuh

The 90+2
04-01-2019, 07:24 PM
Ok if you say so

No need to be wide.

Allant1981
04-01-2019, 07:25 PM
No need to be wide.

🤐

DarlingtonHibee
04-01-2019, 07:25 PM
We've signed Tommy block mate look no further

Are you and 90+2 the same person?

Connollys11
04-01-2019, 07:27 PM

Nope.

Connollys11
04-01-2019, 07:29 PM

You can only sign into one account at one time paranoid Pete .

DarlingtonHibee
04-01-2019, 07:29 PM
Nope.

It's just you both have the same level of views and are very negative about anything about the club

Connollys11
04-01-2019, 07:34 PM
It's just you both have the same level of views and are very negative about anything about the club

Have you read all my posts? I love my club. I haven't missed a home game in 11 years. My views on the club right now are negative just like most hibs fans. The last 4 years however have been absolutely superb. I just want them to continue is that bad? Are you always this hostile to folk who have different points of view to yourself? I haven't even been negative about the club I've been negative about Petrie and farmer. Are you trying to say I'm the only hibs fan who has these views on they 2?

DarlingtonHibee
04-01-2019, 07:36 PM
Why do you feel negative about stf?

CropleyWasGod
04-01-2019, 07:36 PM
Have you read all my posts? I love my club. I haven't missed a home game in 11 years. My views on the club right now are negative just like most hibs fans. The last 4 years however have been absolutely superb. I just want them to continue is that bad? Are you always this hostile to folk who have different points of view to yourself? I haven't even been negative about the club I've been negative about Petrie and farmer. Are you trying to say I'm the only hibs fan who has these views on they 2?

You have been posting untruths about them, not opinions. That's what is annoying some posters.

The 90+2
04-01-2019, 07:39 PM

We are going through a very negative period at the moment. It’s oretty hard to keep the positive views coming. I’ll continue to be respectful to any personal negative comment though and I’ve no idea who the other boy is, I would say he’s putting up with a lot more of abusive posts than myself and even I’ve had a good few. I’m respectful of every poster on here that supports the club. The same can’t be said about others.

Connollys11
04-01-2019, 07:39 PM
You have been posting untruths about them, not opinions. That's what is annoying some posters.

My apologies if I've upset anyone mate doesn't give anyone on here the right to question my loyalties to the club though.

Connollys11
04-01-2019, 07:42 PM
We are going through a very negative period at the moment. It’s oretty hard to keep the positive views coming. I’ll continue to be respectful to any personal negative comment though and I’ve no idea who the other boy is, I would say he’s putting up with a lot more of abusive posts than myself and even I’ve had a good few. I’m respectful of every poster on here that supports the club. The same can’t be said about others.

True story mate. It's either agree with me or your banned haha funniest thing is tae a bet you half of them haven't even been near Easter road in years.

Hi Heid Yin
04-01-2019, 07:43 PM
Wasn’t he in the same team as Don Goodman, another brilliant footballer and sky pundit at one point? The reason I bring that up is I remember him scoring an utter peach, might have been an overhead kick at the FF end for Motherwell in perhaps a 2-2 draw? He was class even then.

Sorry, not familiar with Don Goodman and certainly he didn't play, that I can recall, in the same Swindon Town side way back in the late 70s

CropleyWasGod
04-01-2019, 07:51 PM
True story mate. It's either agree with me or your banned haha funniest thing is tae a bet you half of them haven't even been near Easter road in years.

Tick tock 😍

Just Alf
04-01-2019, 07:54 PM
My apologies if I've upset anyone mate doesn't give anyone on here the right to question my loyalties to the club though.On most of the stuff you're right it doesn't give people the right, but when you follow the path of so many that have been outed as Yams (my brother included lol) then you can surely see why people are suspicious?

My worry is, if you believe the stuff crops mentions, then the Yams are having the last laugh

Anyways... GGTTH!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Connollys11
04-01-2019, 08:00 PM
On most of the stuff you're right it doesn't give people the right, but when you follow the path of so many that have been outed as Yams (my brother included lol) then you can surely see why people are suspicious?

My worry is, if you believe the stuff crops mentions, then the Yams are having the last laugh

Anyways... GGTTH!

Only putting forward my opinions mate which is what a forum is usually meant to be about. Never been on a forum where folk are total foaming at the mouth at the prospect of getting fellow hibs fans banned from a forum when all they're doing is putting forward their own views it's very weird like. GGTTH

DarlingtonHibee
04-01-2019, 08:13 PM
Nobody is trying to get you banned.

You said you had negative views on sir Tom.

Keen to understand your reasons for that?

Connollys11
04-01-2019, 08:15 PM
Nobody is trying to get you banned.

You said you had negative views on sir Tom.

Keen to understand your reasons for that?
Just feel like the club has stagnated under him. He's no interest in taking us to the next level pal.

DarlingtonHibee
04-01-2019, 08:16 PM
Just feel like the club has stagnated under him. He's no interest in taking us to the next level pal.

There's no answer to that......

Just Alf
04-01-2019, 08:16 PM
Only putting forward my opinions mate which is what a forum is usually meant to be about. Never been on a forum where folk are total foaming at the mouth at the prospect of getting fellow hibs fans banned from a forum when all they're doing is putting forward their own views it's very weird like. GGTTHOk

GGTTH!

CropleyWasGod
04-01-2019, 08:26 PM
Only putting forward my opinions mate which is what a forum is usually meant to be about. Never been on a forum where folk are total foaming at the mouth at the prospect of getting fellow hibs fans banned from a forum when all they're doing is putting forward their own views it's very weird like. GGTTH

Opinions, though, should be based on facts and evidence. Much of what you've posted about RP and STF is not fact, and can be easily checked in the public domain.

hibsbollah
04-01-2019, 08:26 PM
I’ll see your Kamara and raise you a Dembele.

https://www.beinsports.com/au/football/news/know-your-dembeles/433013

Nice one:aok:
If you watch any Ligue 1, there's a crazy amount of Bambas as well.

Edit confusing mambas sambas and bambas

Connollys11
04-01-2019, 08:28 PM
Opinions, though, should be based on facts and evidence. Much of what you've posted about RP and STF is not fact, and can be easily checked in the public domain.

I'm not the only hibs fan who thinks this mate even you as a hibs fan should know there's a big chunk of our support want the board out and have so for years.

Stonewall
04-01-2019, 08:31 PM
I'm not the only hibs fan who thinks this mate even you as a hibs fan should know there's a big chunk of our support want the board out and have so for years.

You don’t have to believe the demonstrable nonsence you’re coming out with to want Petrie out.

Connollys11
04-01-2019, 08:33 PM
You don’t have to believe the demonstrable nonsence you’re coming out with to want Petrie out.

And what nonsense is that stonewall?

DarlingtonHibee
04-01-2019, 08:33 PM
You really do post some stuff.

So you want leann out?

What about the manager.

It must be difficult hating so much about hibs, then not missing a home game in evelen years.

Connollys11
04-01-2019, 08:38 PM
You really do post some stuff.

So you want leann out?

What about the manager.

It must be difficult hating so much about hibs, then not missing a home game in evelen years.
So now I hate my club because I want Petrie out seriously? Course I don't want her out I'm clearly talking about Petrie when I say board. You've clearly not seen my posts on the Stubbs v Lennon signings thread if you think I want Lennon out he's the best manager we've had in decades.

CropleyWasGod
04-01-2019, 08:44 PM
And what nonsense is that stonewall?

The bit about how much they take out of the club.

Connollys11
04-01-2019, 08:46 PM
The bit about how much they take out of the club.

A just don't understand where all the money we've made in the last 4 years has went pal

CropleyWasGod
04-01-2019, 08:47 PM
A just don't understand where all the money we've made in the last 4 years has went pal

Not into their pockets. That's easily verifiable.

Connollys11
04-01-2019, 08:51 PM
Not into their pockets. That's easily verifiable.

It's a mystery to say the least like ae do you Ken how much we've spent on transfers in the last few seasons cropley mate?

CropleyWasGod
04-01-2019, 08:53 PM
It's a mystery to say the least like ae do you Ken how much we've spent on transfers in the last few seasons cropley mate?

It's not a mystery in the slightest. Just go and look at the accounts and that will tell you a lot. Not everything we'd like to know, but enough to have a better idea of how the club actually operates.

Connollys11
04-01-2019, 08:56 PM
It's not a mystery in the slightest. Just go and look at the accounts and that will tell you a lot. Not everything we'd like to know, but enough to have a better idea of how the club actually operates.

No worries mate

hibbydad
04-01-2019, 08:59 PM
You are right CWG and Connollys first of all we would not have a club without STF and secondly if you want the board out are you prepared to put money into the club

DarlingtonHibee
04-01-2019, 09:01 PM
You are right CWG and Connollys first of all we would not have a club without STF and secondly if you want the board out are you prepared to put money into the club

Mate, don't waste your time asking sensible questions.....

Connollys11
04-01-2019, 09:02 PM

Been a hsl donor for a few years now mate.

hibbydad
04-01-2019, 09:04 PM
Darlington it is always worth asking people to put their money where their mouth is that always sorts the men from the boys

McIntosh
04-01-2019, 09:06 PM
For someone who professes to love the Hibs so much you are remarkably ill informed about the clubs structure and governance, both financial and managerial. You are of course entitled to your opinion but you never appear to let facts get in the way. When one compares Hibs record under Tom farmer’s leadership the facts speaks for themselves - 3 major honours and 2 minor honours, when we compare that to Hearts record under countless chairs 2 major honours, 1 minor honour. Though to Farmer’s credit he did pay the money Hearts stole from the countless charities.

hibbydad
04-01-2019, 09:07 PM
Glad to hear that Connollys so am I as well as a shareholder myself. We need you to encourage more people to join HSL

calumhibee1
04-01-2019, 09:09 PM
For someone who professes to love the Hibs so much you are remarkably ill informed about the clubs structure and governance, both financial and managerial. You are of course entitled to your opinion but you never appear to let facts get in the way. When one compares Hibs record under Tom farmer’s leadership the facts speaks for themselves - 3 major honours and 2 minor honours, when we compare that to Hearts record under countless chairs 2 major honours, 1 minor honour. Though to Farmer’s credit he did pay the money Hearts stole from the countless charities.

Without wanting to sticking up for Hearts they’ve also won 3 major honours in the time STF has been here.

DarlingtonHibee
04-01-2019, 09:09 PM
Darlington it is always worth asking people to put their money where their mouth is that always sorts the men from the boys

This, one hundred per cent agree.

The poster should read up a bit around the state of the club, finances and ground at the time we nearly folded.

Hey, but it's much easier to think you are an expert in running a professional football club.....

Just Alf
04-01-2019, 09:13 PM
For someone who professes to love the Hibs so much you are remarkably ill informed about the clubs structure and governance, both financial and managerial. You are of course entitled to your opinion but you never appear to let facts get in the way. When one compares Hibs record under Tom farmer’s leadership the facts speaks for themselves - 3 major honours and 2 minor honours, when we compare that to Hearts record under countless chairs 2 major honours, 1 minor honour. Though to Farmer’s credit he did pay the money Hearts stole from the countless charities.Re that last sentence, to be fair he was quickly offered his money back but told em to just donate it regardless.

All good.

Edit, should add, I know at least one Hearts supporters club that also contributed the full amount so in the end they did quite well.

calumhibee1
04-01-2019, 09:18 PM
Re that last sentence, to be fair he was quickly offered his money back but told em to just donate it regardless.

All good.

Edit, should add, I know at least one Hearts supporters club that also contributed the full amount so in the end they did quite well.

I saw a Hearts fan on Facebook on the Evening News comments almost bragging about the fact that the charity ended up eventually not being any worse off as if stealing from them initially was a favour from Hearts.

Connollys11
04-01-2019, 09:20 PM
I'll be the first to admit I don't know every detail about our infrastructure and I'll always admit when I'm wrong but I'll no be the only one who doesn't. Hardly anyone on here even knows how we recruit players never mind how our infrastructure is being run. 3 major honours in 30 years might be acceptable in your eyes but it certainly Isn't in mine. A club our size should be challenging for everything every season the Turnbull way. The level of mediocrity some of our fans have accepted is staggering like we use to always be up there challenging for titles back in the day like. We need the old winning mentality to return asap.

brog
Touche BR !!

HNY !!!

Cheers Mick! I hear the man's home! Good news.

Stubbsyy
Allan is better. I expect him to be holding up a Hibs scarf this month.

hibbydad
04-01-2019, 09:29 PM
Connolys the only way we can improve the financial position is to encourage more people to become invoLved with HSL

DarlingtonHibee
04-01-2019, 09:30 PM
Allan is better. I expect him to be holding up a Hibs scarf this month.

Hope so, but can't see it. Celtic are still pissed off with us over sjm.

Plus wages is a big factor.

McIntosh
04-01-2019, 09:33 PM
I'll be the first to admit I don't know every detail about our infrastructure and I'll always admit when I'm wrong but I'll no be the only one who doesn't. Hardly anyone on here even knows how we recruit players never mind how our infrastructure is being run. 3 major honours in 30 years might be acceptable in your eyes but it certainly Isn't in mine. A club our size should be challenging for everything every season the Turnbull way. The level of mediocrity some of our fans have accepted is staggering like we use to always be up there challenging for titles back in the day like. We need the old winning mentality to return asap.

The turnbull way only lasted 30 months at its peak and produced 1 major and 2 minor honours. I am old enough to remember it. The fans ambitions are high as always, the resources of all the clubs outwith the old firm are limited within the limitations the achievements they have all made are laudable. I don’t believe that you are a hibby and the real amusement is that you are still on here pretending to be. Maybe you are suffering from Stockholm syndrome.

Just Alf
04-01-2019, 09:38 PM
I saw a Hearts fan on Facebook on the Evening News comments almost bragging about the fact that the charity ended up eventually not being any worse off as if stealing from them initially was a favour from Hearts.Aye, you can't make it up how low they can go, I've mentioned before, my brother is one of THEM with his company paying cash their direction and he's mortified about some of the stuff coming from that club.... Despite recent results my new year was relatively pleasant (he has some really, really decent whisky!)

Connollys11
04-01-2019, 09:43 PM
The turnbull way only lasted 30 months at its peak and produced 1 major and 2 minor honours. I am old enough to remember it. The fans ambitions are high as always, the resources of all the clubs outwith the old firm are limited within the limitations the achievements they have all made are laudable. I don’t believe that you are a hibby and the real amusement is that you are still on here pretending to be. Maybe you are suffering from Stockholm syndrome.

How would a jambo ever come up with my username? Connollys11 as in James Connolly? Half those mutants don't even know who that great man is Christ half our support don't even know who he is. You can be as cheeky as you like mate you'll no put me off posting I've been nothing but sound to everyone on here so far even though ave received nothing but pish. Eddie Turnbull was manager for 7 years by the way no 30 months.

Salisbury Hibby
04-01-2019, 09:55 PM
Hope so, but can't see it. Celtic are still pissed off with us over sjm.

Plus wages is a big factor.Celtic only have themselves to blame. If they hadn't mucked us about in the first place.

Wouldn't a professional footballer want to be playing football?

Sign a PCA and the pendulum swings heavily in our favour.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

hibbydad
04-01-2019, 09:55 PM
Yes Connollys but 30 months was the successful period

DarlingtonHibee
04-01-2019, 09:58 PM
Celtic only have themselves to blame. If they hadn't mucked us about in the first place.

Wouldn't a professional footballer want to be playing football?

Sign a PCA and the pendulum swings heavily in our favour.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Totally agree!

Nice to see them being told to get lost.

Might come back to haunt them.

Connollys11
04-01-2019, 09:59 PM
Yes Connollys but 30 months was the successful period

Connolly will do mate seems a bit daft being called connollys 😂😂! Aye that's true a suppose when a said the Turnbull way a also meant when he played for us as well ae! We were always challenging for the league for back then.

Iain G
04-01-2019, 11:05 PM
How would a jambo ever come up with my username? Connollys11 as in James Connolly? Half those mutants don't even know who that great man is Christ half our support don't even know who he is. You can be as cheeky as you like mate you'll no put me off posting I've been nothing but sound to everyone on here so far even though ave received nothing but pish. Eddie Turnbull was manager for 7 years by the way no 30 months.

Sure that Sean Connolly was a Jambo milkman before he became James Bond? 😉

hibees 7062
04-01-2019, 11:12 PM
Were we ever in for him?

Don't know were we ?

McIntosh
04-01-2019, 11:16 PM

Without patronising you even further, the tornado era lasted effectively 30 months. If we sign Gauld and Allan will you be happy and post something positive?

ehf
05-01-2019, 12:13 AM
Without patronising you even further, the tornado era lasted effectively 30 months. If we sign Gauld and Allan will you be happy and post something positive?

:troll:

Connollys11
05-01-2019, 12:14 AM

I have posted positive stuff and will continue to when it's merited mate. Hopefully we get they 2 ae wouldn't mind signing that shankland either like

IDHibs
05-01-2019, 02:17 AM

:aok::top marks

IDHibs
05-01-2019, 02:30 AM

So wrong... Turnbull was a customer of mine ... he enjoyed a fine malt, He built team that challenged all comers, Liverpool anf Leeds each twice and in their pomp. you know nothing, Napoli, Sporting Lisbon , they would rip us for asspaper now. Meantime the legend Eddie
Turnbull in your mind was 30 months worth ???? Dream on, you had to be there.

chrisski33
05-01-2019, 09:37 AM
Back to kamara but looks like the rangers want to sign him

Stubbsyy
05-01-2019, 10:23 AM
They're sitting on their hun forum laughing about this thread.

Not as much as we were all laughing when you cheating Neanderthals were liquidated and the top tier of Scottish football was rid of your sectarian hatred and bile.

Can't wait until you go bankrupt again chasing a league title you'll never win.

BILLYHIBS
05-01-2019, 10:38 AM
I would rather have a fully fit Marvin Bartley In my team in a blood and guts 100 mph no quarter given or asked for fixture versus Der Hun at Easter Road than a luxury player like Kamara that can’t even hold down a starting place for the bottom club

Only a matter of time before the Hun go bust and become The The Rangers :greengrin

Ray_
05-01-2019, 10:46 AM
So wrong... Turnbull was a customer of mine ... he enjoyed a fine malt, He built team that challenged all comers, Liverpool anf Leeds each twice and in their pomp. you know nothing, Napoli, Sporting Lisbon , they would rip us for asspaper now. Meantime the legend Eddie

Napoli, Leeds x1, Liverpool x1 were under Bob Shankley and the latter, Willie Mac/Dave Ewing.

Ned arrived in July 1971 and his first European campaign was the 72/3 Cup Winners Cup. Ned was responsible for Hibs playing the best football that I've ever witnessed from Hibs, but it was all too short.

Selling Alex Cropley after we were humiliated by Celtic twice and Juve was the beginning of the end that eventually saw us relegated.

After the established initial crackers like Heriot, Edwards, and Gordon, he brought in young players like Des Bremner and Jim McArthur and then Iain Munro. The remaining six years of the seventies there were few sucessful signings with only Ally MacLead, Jackie MacNamara & Ralph Callahan coming to mind and others like Roy Barry & George Stewart at the twilight of their careers.

SirDavidsNapper
05-01-2019, 10:52 AM
They're sitting on their hun forum laughing about this thread.

Not as much as we were all laughing when you cheating Neanderthals were liquidated and the top tier of Scottish football was rid of your sectarian hatred and bile.

Can't wait until you go bankrupt again chasing a league title you'll never win.

And P.S when the Hibs went up to lift the Scottish cup you were there

MWHIBBIES
05-01-2019, 11:03 AM
I would rather have a fully fit Marvin Bartley In my team in a blood and guts 100 mph no quarter given or asked for fixture versus Der Hun at Easter Road than a luxury player like Kamara that can’t even hold down a starting place for the bottom club

Only a matter of time before the Hun go bust and become The The Rangers :greengrin
Bartley can't hold down a place for us and really never has. Kamara has years ahead of him.

JimBHibees
05-01-2019, 11:10 AM

Hibs never played Napoli under Eddie. They also didn't play Liverpool and Leeds twice under his watch unless you are counting both legs rather than earlier European ties in 60s. As Ray outlines above.

BILLYHIBS
05-01-2019, 11:10 AM
Bartley can't hold down a place for us and really never has. Kamara has years ahead of him.

Shhhhhhh!

The Huns are watching don’t give away all our secrets :shhhsh!: