04-01-2019, 04:02 PM
http://www.celticfc.net/news/15556

Fresh from Twitter 15 minutes ago.

The 90+2
04-01-2019, 04:02 PM
Good stuff.

Callum_62
04-01-2019, 04:10 PM
Be interesting to see the rationale behind the Decision that everything Morelos done was fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keith_M
04-01-2019, 04:13 PM
Link

http://www.celticfc.net/news/15556

Steve20
04-01-2019, 04:14 PM
I know people have a soft spot for Celtic on here, but they have some nerve. If the officials and SFA did everything properly, then Scott Brown would forever be getting pulled up.

Keith_M
04-01-2019, 04:15 PM
Will they be raising the same concerns the next time Scott Brown tries to cripple an opposition player and still doesn't get a red card?

The Green Goblin
04-01-2019, 04:15 PM
I know people have a soft spot for Celtic on here...

Do they? I don’t.

I agree with your Scott Brown point though.

Keith_M
04-01-2019, 04:16 PM
Do they? I don’t.

We certainly don't.

It's only a couple of crazies that claim it to be true.

Diclonius
04-01-2019, 04:17 PM
:kettle::kettle::kettle::kettle::kettle::kettle::k ettle::kettle::kettle::kettle:

The 90+2
04-01-2019, 04:17 PM
I know people have a soft spot for Celtic on here, but they have some nerve. If the officials and SFA did everything properly, then Scott Brown would forever be getting pulled up.

The SFA will only answer to Celtic though and the rest of us. We’d all like to know and it would be the same if it was Celtic and huns where asking. They need accountability for this, Morelos getting off when it would have given Killie a huge advantage in their next match is hugely unfair.

SideBurns
04-01-2019, 04:21 PM
If this was about one dubious decision you could perhaps accuse Celtic of having a brass neck, but if Beaton is saying he witnessed all those incidents involving Morelos but didn't think any warranted action then it is tantamount to an admission of bias.

Any one of them could've been a red card in isolation. Celtic's statement was inevitable and justifiable.

BegbieHSC
04-01-2019, 04:34 PM
Good on them! About time the SFA were formally called out.

Refereeing standards in this country are shambolic. I can call 2 games last season that we did not win, as a direct result of bad officiating.

Callum_62
04-01-2019, 04:36 PM
If this was about one dubious decision you could perhaps accuse Celtic of having a brass neck, but if Beaton is saying he witnessed all those incidents involving Morelos but didn't think any warranted action then it is tantamount to an admission of bias.

Any one of them could've been a red card in isolation. Celtic's statement was inevitable and justifiable.

This 100%

The 90+2
04-01-2019, 04:37 PM
How the **** can it be right and fair that Morelos got sent off against Aberdeen that the ref seen and decided it was a sending off? Yet the ref decided 3 where okay and you can’t look at them again? Makes no sense at all.

beensaidbefore
04-01-2019, 04:41 PM
How the **** can it be right and fair that Morelos got sent off against Aberdeen that the ref seen and decided it was a sending off? Yet the ref decided 3 where okay and you can’t look at them again? Makes no sense at all.

Exactly. And what about the killy boy that got mccann the sack, never a red. They make it up as they go along.

The Green Goblin
04-01-2019, 04:42 PM

Yes. There’s clearly something not right about it. I wonder if the SFA will toss Beaton into the flames to deflect and avoid too many questions.

murray26
04-01-2019, 04:47 PM
Beaton on co. Were horrendous against Celtic at ibrox to suggest different or play the old soft spot for Celtic card is just burying your head in the sand, can’t see anything getting done about it as the SFA are determined to see the bigots return to the top.

HIGHLANDLEITHER
04-01-2019, 04:49 PM
Don’t see the need for whataboutery on this one. Time this issue was addressed properly. Two of the match officials were former season ticket holders at Ibrox and photos have emerged of the referee at a Bellshill Loyal pub after the game. We should have the same system as in England where referees are not allowed to officiate games where their team is involved.
Even if there were not 3/5 incidents in the game where Morelos could have been carded no official should be put in charge of games where he maybe susceptible to bias.
This plus a disciplinary system that has no consistency or a wilingness to be transparent has created a situation where the majority of Scottish supporters have no faith in the SFA or the referees association.
Aberdeen have asked for an investigation and I would love Hibs to step up to the mark.

Lago
04-01-2019, 04:50 PM
Quite right too. It pains me to say it but they are the only club to challenge rangers/SPFL/SFA. The rest of us hide under the duvet.

cabbageandribs1875
04-01-2019, 04:53 PM
Sir Roderick of petrie will just tell them to 'move on' and accept certain levels of cheating

Callum_62
04-01-2019, 04:54 PM
Don’t see the need for whataboutery on this one. Time this issue was addressed properly. Two of the match officials were former season ticket holders at Ibrox

Is that actually true?

What 2?

Lago
04-01-2019, 04:56 PM
Sir Roderick of petrie will just tell them to 'move on' and accept certain levels of cheating
Yeah but he's got his eye on the ultimate prize of being top SFA dog.

Hermit Crab
04-01-2019, 04:59 PM
Always cheated, never defeated. The same goes for those hun pricks as well.

cabbageandribs1875
Don’t see the need for whataboutery on this one. Time this issue was addressed properly. Two of the match officials were former season ticket holders at Ibrox and photos have emerged of the referee at a Bellshill Loyal pub after the game. We should have the same system as in England where referees are not allowed to officiate games where their team is involved.
Even if there were not 3/5 incidents in the game where Morelos could have been carded no official should be put in charge of games where he maybe susceptible to bias.
This plus a disciplinary system that has no consistency or a wilingness to be transparent has created a situation where the majority of Scottish supporters have no faith in the SFA or the referees association.
Aberdeen have asked for an investigation and I would love Hibs to step up to the mark.

lots of laughs, our club couldn't even stick up for one of it's employees receiving vile sectarian abuse in recent months, no one at board level of our club will be rocking any boats

NORTHERNHIBBY
Getting the excuses in early. It was someone else's fault. Now what was the question?

Elephant Stone
04-01-2019, 05:07 PM
lots of laughs, our club couldn't even stick up for one of it's employees receiving vile sectarian abuse in recent months, no one at board level of our club will be rocking any boats

True unfortunately.

emerald green
04-01-2019, 05:23 PM
The Celtic statement is correct. I have no soft spot for them, just to be clear.

Viva_Palmeiras
04-01-2019, 05:36 PM

In a parallel universe it would be nice to think that we could deal with the issues facing Scottish football one at a time. Otherwise we go round the whataboutery merrigoround. Gotta start somewhere

Craig_in_Prague
04-01-2019, 05:37 PM
Is that actually true?

What 2?

There's pics of Beaton in a Rangers pub going around too.

Billy Whizz
04-01-2019, 05:39 PM
I actually agree with decision on O’Dea, got a man sent off for this incident

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish-fa/football-governance/disciplinary/disciplinary-updates/

Billy Whizz
04-01-2019, 05:41 PM

All over twitter

Callum_62
04-01-2019, 05:43 PM

Ive seen them - could just be his local and hes not doing anything in the pics

The bigger issue is a grown man wearing a Stone Island jacket

brog
04-01-2019, 05:50 PM
Beaton acknowledged his The Rangers affinity in his original profile on refs/SPFL website. He sent off Danny Handling at Ibrox for an innocuous challenge then last season gave Joe Garner a yellow card for blatantly kicking a Hamilton player when the ball was nowhere to be seen. I have no love of Celtc but they're correct to raise this issue as were The Rangers 're the ludicrous sending off of Candeias. Scottish refs are at best arrogant & incompetent, at worst corrupt & incompetent.

Ozyhibby
04-01-2019, 05:52 PM
Quite right too. It pains me to say it but they are the only club to challenge rangers/SPFL/SFA. The rest of us hide under the duvet.

Yip. Unfortunately true.

HIGHLANDLEITHER
04-01-2019, 06:51 PM
Beaton and Madden. Roome was recruited by Madden and the other linesman was Ross the Tory MP for Moray. He was the one that shouted red card , red card at Collum in a previous game where Morelos went down holding his jaw after an incident with Simunovic. Didn’t seem to see anything wrong in the latest encounter !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Hermit Crab
04-01-2019, 07:06 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190104/1b939cf421b8494d06c66d24add2f8d7.jpg

murray26
04-01-2019, 07:09 PM
I would like to think his career is over but this is Scotland so I have my doubts.

Connollys11
04-01-2019, 07:21 PM
I would like to think his career is over but this is Scotland so I have my doubts.

He'll probably get awarded the Scottish cup final this season for his efforts

allezsauzee
04-01-2019, 07:44 PM
I'm no fan of Beaton but you can't fire him for going for a few pints with his pals.

superfurryhibby
04-01-2019, 07:44 PM
He'll probably get awarded the Scottish cup final this season for his efforts

At last some common sense from our new most prolific but controvertial newcomer.

Connollys11
04-01-2019, 07:48 PM
At last some common sense from our new most prolific but controvertial newcomer.

Hahaha just telling it how it is buddy

Smartie
04-01-2019, 07:51 PM
We should all just move on from this.

hibsbollah
04-01-2019, 07:53 PM
Beaton on co. Were horrendous against Celtic at ibrox to suggest different or play the old soft spot for Celtic card is just burying your head in the sand, can’t see anything getting done about it as the SFA are determined to see the bigots return to the top.

:agree:

Ozyhibby
04-01-2019, 07:55 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190104/de0fbe1b2d83bc33e9a249bd67135366.jpg

Lago
04-01-2019, 07:56 PM
We should all just move on from this.
Ok Rod

CraigHibee
04-01-2019, 08:54 PM

No chance, he'll get a pat on the back, a dodgy handshake and a wage rise

PISTOL1875
04-01-2019, 09:02 PM
Word on the street is that Beaton has been receiving death threats and the police have been called in.............

Connollys11
04-01-2019, 09:05 PM
No chance, he'll get a pat on the back, a dodgy handshake and a wage rise

😂👍

Onion
04-01-2019, 09:12 PM
No issue with them calling the SFA out, but loath the way they think they speak for the whole of Scottish football. Can you imagine any other club (bar Sevco) doing that ?

James310
04-01-2019, 09:16 PM
Beaton apparently has called in the Police after receiving threats online and his contact details have been posted online.

Viva_Palmeiras
04-01-2019, 09:19 PM
Send in the clowns (trolls)

#predictable

Moulin Yarns
04-01-2019, 09:20 PM
Beaton apparently has called in the Police after receiving threats online and his contact details have been posted online.

Twitter is full of bad comments from both sides of the arse cheeks

Kojock
04-01-2019, 09:21 PM
This has all the makings of another referee strike. Hmmm remind me what club caused the previous one??

ekhibee
04-01-2019, 09:27 PM
The fact of the matter is that nothing would be done if it wasn't 1 of the OF complaining. I don't care, as long as Morelos is retrospectively red-carded and the referee removed from officiating on top flight games but even with Celtic complaining I doubt much'll happen. Hope I'm wrong though.

weecounty hibby
04-01-2019, 09:29 PM
If I remember correctly, what caused the last strike was piss poor refereeing followed up by trying to cover it up and lie about it. Sounds familiar. I ****ing detest celtic with a vengeance but they are right in this instance

Fife-Hibee
04-01-2019, 09:31 PM

Although I obviously don't agree with it, it was pretty much inevitable. Blatant cheating from Beaton and the SFA all round was always going to set psychos off somewhere.

linlithgowhibbie
04-01-2019, 09:33 PM

I haven't, bit of a sweeping statement that. Some people may have.:agree:

The Harp Awakes
04-01-2019, 09:39 PM

Correct. If Beaton has observed those 3 incidents, and following review, he thinks there is no case to answer then he is a cheat.

Was he not the ref who sent off Danny Handling for SFA at Ibrox a few years back?

Tornadoes70
04-01-2019, 09:41 PM
The biggest surprise is that WhiletheChief hasn't been on to tell everyone that all referees make genuine mistakes and you're all conspiracy theorists et al.

:greengrin

Mr_F
04-01-2019, 09:45 PM
Quite right and nae joy for Beaton. He’s as clear a cheating hun **** as they come and was deluded if he thought he could behave like he did with no repercussions. Amazed so many on here defending him after the ***** we’ve been subjected to due to biased cheats. 2012 final with that **** Thomson for one

Ozyhibby
04-01-2019, 11:24 PM
This has all the makings of another referee strike. Hmmm remind me what club caused the previous one??

I think the referees falsifying reports and getting caught led to the last one.

James310
04-01-2019, 11:28 PM
Bring back the Maltese Refs I say.

Hermit Crab
04-01-2019, 11:51 PM

Scabs.

snedzuk
05-01-2019, 02:05 AM
I'm no fan of Beaton but you can't fire him for going for a few pints with his pals.

Even if his 'pals' are the 'loyal battalion from some ****hole town' brigade?

GreenLake
05-01-2019, 03:16 AM

Any other country's refs would randomize the bad decisions.

lyonhibs
05-01-2019, 07:35 AM
Bit difficult to take seriously coming from that mob to be honest. Even if transparency were to improve, you can guarantee it would be in a 2 tier fashion, with Hibs and indeed everyone outwith Celtc and Rangers very much in the 2nd tier.

staunchhibby
05-01-2019, 07:45 AM
Maltese ref who officiated at the hibs game was a treat to watch compared to some of those imposters masquerading as refs now.

simple
05-01-2019, 08:04 AM
Maltese ref who officiated at the hibs game was a treat to watch compared to some of those imposters masquerading as refs now.

That’s not how I remember it, I thought he had a stinker but can’t remember any exact decisions. I seem to remember just laughing at some of the calls. However might be getting it mixed up with a European game.

Captain Trips
05-01-2019, 08:08 AM
Just watched these incidents for first time. Shocking.

simple
05-01-2019, 08:10 AM
Celtic picked the right time to call this out, as we have a few weeks to try and resolve the matter and referees can’t threaten to strike straight away. There needs to be a lot more transparency from referees, however I don’t think it will ever happen as the rot starts from the SFA.

GreenCastle
05-01-2019, 08:11 AM
Football needs changed.

Refs need to have microphones like rugby to explain decisions.

Video technology needed for goalline incidents in Scotland.

Review panel and standard of reffing needs improved or basically refs need more HELP or support.

Add in the rules of injured players wasting time and physio is coming onto the pitch - changes would improve the game significantly.

James Stephen
05-01-2019, 08:14 AM
It does seem ludicrous that an open rangers fan is allowed to referee this game, then miss 3 such big events, then they are reviewed and his original (non) decisions are backed up.

The SFA cannot just batten down the hatches - not only must justice be done, but it must be seen to be done.

It does make you wonder what the the SFA and refs got up to before TV scrutiny... and of course Jim Farry screwing Celtic before and OF game, and the good old BBC 'losing' the highlights of Rangers record defeat to Celtic. I know they act paranoid, but...

cabbageandribs1875
05-01-2019, 08:30 AM
that Morelos is one dirty little runt

theonlywayisup
05-01-2019, 08:40 AM
Refs need to have microphones like rugby to explain decisions.

Suppose the problem with that is they might pick up Beaton shouting "yes, he dancer" when The Rangers scored.

Nakedmanoncrack
05-01-2019, 10:06 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190104/1b939cf421b8494d06c66d24add2f8d7.jpg

Absolute ****-hole loyalist pub, not that I've ever been in, but walked past it many times & looks rough as.

JimBHibees
05-01-2019, 10:21 AM
Beaton pictures look old thought he had some sort of modern shave hairstyle recently. This is no doubt though that all top refs seem to be run by refs around the Glasgow area with their associations having a stranglehold which imo doesn't help. The huge number of massive decisions these refs get wrong with no comeuppance is bizarre and wrong. Was it over a hundred years before an Edinburgh ref got the Scottish cup final which totally says it all?

Keith_M
05-01-2019, 10:21 AM

Who was the stupid manager that caused it again?

JimBHibees
05-01-2019, 10:23 AM
Who was the stupid manager that caused it again?

Think he asked the question ref and assistant contradicted each other.

Keith_M
05-01-2019, 10:24 AM
that Morelos is one dirty little runt

I absolutely hate that guy.

I very rarely wish career threatening injuries on people, but the game would be much better off without people like him in it.

Keith_M
05-01-2019, 10:26 AM
Think he asked the question ref and assistant contradicted each other.

I know, I was just being a bit mischievous.

We're all a bit hypocritical and I remember raging at him at the time... but getting over it when he signed for Hibs.

:wink:

cleanyman
05-01-2019, 10:29 AM
Why is one of our top referees allowing a guy to take a selfie with him in a pub?

For **** sake

Gordy M
05-01-2019, 10:32 AM
Why is one of our top referees allowing a guy to take a selfie with him in a pub?

For **** sake

When was the photo taken??

Danderhall Hibs
05-01-2019, 10:34 AM
I think the referees falsifying reports and getting caught led to the last one.

That’s exactly what it was - the other refs took the huff cos their mates got caught lying and covering it up.

JimBHibees
05-01-2019, 10:36 AM
I know, I was just being a bit mischievous.

We're all a bit hypocritical and I remember raging at him at the time... but getting over it when he signed for Hibs.

:wink:

:agree: :greengrin

cleanyman
05-01-2019, 10:37 AM

I don't know

And does it really matter? You're causing your own problems.

Hibs90
05-01-2019, 10:37 AM

I am led to believe its a new photo.

Gordy M
05-01-2019, 10:38 AM
I don't know

And does it really matter? You're casuing your own problems.

Well it does if it was takem before he was a 'top'referee?

cleanyman
05-01-2019, 10:40 AM
Well it does if it was takem before he was a 'top'referee?

We both know it wasn't

Look at him

JimBHibees
05-01-2019, 10:48 AM
We both know it wasn't

Look at him

That photo could be anytime.

cleanyman
05-01-2019, 10:53 AM
That photo could be anytime.

I'm not doubting that

But he was a FIFA referee in 2012, he's not under 30 in that photo

BullsCloseHibs
05-01-2019, 10:57 AM
Wearing a Stone Island jacket and drinking in a loyalist pub..... 🤔 Hmmmm

JimBHibees
05-01-2019, 11:10 AM
He is allowed a social life.

silverhibee
05-01-2019, 11:19 AM
Just watched these incidents for first time. Shocking.

Where can you find the incidents, you have a link bud.

Kojock
05-01-2019, 11:19 AM

Nobody is denying that he is allowed a social life, referees have to be seen as impartial and beyond reproach, allowing yourself to be photographed in a loyalist pub is gross stupidity and his lifestyle choice should be questioned by his employers.

JimBHibees
05-01-2019, 11:22 AM

BBC still have highlights of game up

PatHead
05-01-2019, 11:27 AM

For **** sake

Almost as bad as a certain cup final referee getting his photo taken with guys making a 5-1 gesture.

GreenLake
05-01-2019, 12:31 PM
Wearing a Stone Island jacket and drinking in a loyalist pub..... 🤔 Hmmmm

Poor decisions on or off the pitch.

Oscar T Grouch
05-01-2019, 12:31 PM

This is the Sky sports link, 2 of the 3 pundits agree with Beaton's decision on the incidents.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11788/11595658/rangers-alfredo-morelos-could-face-charges-after-celtic-incidents

BullsCloseHibs
05-01-2019, 12:36 PM

You ain't supposed to be seen in certain establishments though (not in Scotland!)

silverhibee
05-01-2019, 02:22 PM
This is the Sky sports link, 2 of the 3 pundits agree with Beaton's decision on the incidents.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11788/11595658/rangers-alfredo-morelos-could-face-charges-after-celtic-incidents

As was said, he should have seen red for either 2 bookings, could have been a straight red for the stamp though, really don't think each incident merited a red card.

Keith_M
05-01-2019, 02:28 PM
As was said, he should have seen red for either 2 bookings, could have been a straight red for the stamp though, really don't think each incident merited a red card.

The stamp was a definite red card and you have to seriously question the judgement of a referee who refuses to accept it after seeing video evidence.

CraigHibee
05-01-2019, 03:02 PM
Beaton should have his baws booted for that but we all know absolutely nothing will happen, as for him having a social life, absolutely everyone should have one but it looks a little dodgy to say the least if he is visiting known sevconian establishments

The 90+2
05-01-2019, 03:26 PM
What kind of utter pondlife threaten people over a football result? Cretins.

Jack Hackett
05-01-2019, 03:27 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46766065

green&left
05-01-2019, 05:02 PM

Surely he brings it on himself?

Or does that only apply to Lennon?

emerald green
05-01-2019, 05:08 PM
Surely he brings it on himself?

Or does that only apply to Lennon?

It's not just himself though. Threats were made against him and his family.

we are hibs
05-01-2019, 05:12 PM

That’s not how I remember it, I thought he had a stinker but can’t remember any exact decisions. I seem to remember just laughing at some of the calls. However might be getting it mixed up with a European game.

It was one of the worst games of football I have ever witnessed. A complete non event. Can't remember any good or dodgy decisions but remember the linesman getting a wee clap from the famous 5 fans when he was checking the nets :hilarious

bodhibs
05-01-2019, 05:32 PM

The first photo on that link is creepy as

One Day
05-01-2019, 05:49 PM
The first photo on that link is creepy as

So it is, both creepy looking bs

Saturday Boy
05-01-2019, 05:53 PM
So it is, both creepy looking bs

So it is? Have you just outed yourself as a weegie? 😉

Apologies, I’m still traumatised by having 5 years of weegie bosses

One Day
05-01-2019, 06:01 PM

How dare you

SouthMoroccoStu
05-01-2019, 06:01 PM
What is Beatons job away from football?

Not that he does the ref job well

bodhibs
05-01-2019, 06:02 PM

Nah he'd have said 'so it is but' without anything more said, infuriates me, but what ffs?

Radium
05-01-2019, 06:10 PM
It should be taken as read that nobody should be subjected to threats because of their involvement in a football match.

Beyond that we are in a position with public statements that is of the SFAs making.

TRIFC were fined £6k for calling out Collum recently clearly showing that the SFA did not have the stomach for a fight and were prepared to throw the officials under a bus.

Celtc will have sensed this and have gone public to sate their own support (and knowing that the SFA will do little to them for going public)

Beyond that, and despite having adjoining offices at Hamden, the SFA and SPFL have spent years developing a system for reviewing incidents that is not fit for purpose (sure it’s about 8 seasons old: remember O’Connor being in front of them for allegedly diving against St Johnstone). This despite a citing process working well in other sports

Arguments about re-refereeing a game are bogus. The incidents being discussed are possible red cards for endangering another player and there should be a way of these being reviewed, independent of the referees.

I expect nothing to happen, not because of any bias but because the clubs will be chased off with the threat of paying for VAR, when the current need is for an effective review process.

H18 SFR
05-01-2019, 06:55 PM
What is Beatons job away from football?

Not that he does the ref job well

He worked for Strathclyde Uni in some sort of tech support role apparently. Also apparently quit and is effectively trying to focus full time on combining his efforts as a full time referee and supporting rangers...

Edit - checked with a ref mate, he quit his work because he was a 4th official at the Euros and he couldn't get time off.

Second edit - mate text to say he's now working with Scotrail. All this is available in the public domain via google so in no way trying to share privileged information.

Phil MaGlass
06-01-2019, 04:51 AM
He worked for Strathclyde Uni in some sort of tech support role apparently. Also apparently quit and is effectively trying to focus full time on combining his efforts as a full time referee and supporting rangers...

Edit - checked with a ref mate, he quit his work because he was a 4th official at the Euros and he couldn't get time off.

Second edit - mate text to say he's now working with Scotrail. All this is available in the public domain via google so in no way trying to share privileged information.

No wonder the trains are late:greengrin

neil7908
06-01-2019, 09:45 AM
Just watched the Morelos incidents for the first time.

We should save a copy and next time a Hibs player is sent off for any kind of violent conduct, use that as the central part of our appeal.

Laughable that Kamberi got a second booking in the derby and Morelos has done nothing wrong.

HUTCHYHIBBY
06-01-2019, 09:52 AM
Absolute ****-hole loyalist pub, not that I've ever been in, but walked past it many times & looks rough as.

I was in it after the last game at Hamilton, I'm still alive.

wookie70
06-01-2019, 10:03 AM
Just watched the Morelos incidents for the first time.

We should save a copy and next time a Hibs player is sent off for any kind of violent conduct, use that as the central part of our appeal.

Laughable that Kamberi got a second booking in the derby and Morelos has done nothing wrong.

That to me is the central point in all this. Refs will make mistakes, some more than others, but the chance to review incidents and maintain as much consistency as possible should be welcomed by all. It won't be perfect but it should get it as close as it can be and if refs are consistently getting decisions overturned then you can review their performance and give others a chance. That would take them out of the headlines and maybe encourage more refs to come forward as ability would be one of teh main driving forces in becoming a top Scottish ref rather than who you know.

overdrive
06-01-2019, 11:09 AM

He worked for Strathclyde Police in Comms before that... probably got the job after being asked where he went to school and what team he supported.

Feed McGraw
06-01-2019, 06:11 PM

Apologies, I’m still traumatised by having 5 years of weegie bosses Nah, weegies would say - " both creepy lookin` bs so they urr" :greengrin

monarch
06-01-2019, 07:56 PM

According to Scotland on Sunday he’s Scotrail’s communication officer. Almost beginning to feel sorry for him, almost but not quite :greengrin

SouthMoroccoStu
06-01-2019, 08:07 PM
According to Scotland on Sunday he’s Scotrail’s communication officer. Almost beginning to feel sorry for him, almost but not quite :greengrin

A ref, rangers fan that works for scotrail....

He’s no got much going for him has he!

Jack Hackett
06-01-2019, 08:56 PM
A ref, rangers fan that works for scotrail....

He’s no got much going for him has he!

I wouldn't say no to 800 quid for being a dick for one and a half hours every week... sometimes twice :brickwall

... probably a lot more, with expenses thrown in, for his Euro jaunts