PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Porteous

Northernhibee
04-01-2019, 11:21 AM
This is your opportunity now - every bit good enough to fill some very big shoes. Show the world what you can do big man!

calumhibee1
04-01-2019, 11:22 AM
This is your opportunity now - every bit good enough to fill some very big shoes. Show the world what you can do big man!

Not for me. Porteous should be looked upon as Daz’ replacement. Efe’s replacement needs to be better than Porteous with the ball at their feet imo or else we’ll not be playing any form of attractive football.

Northernhibee
04-01-2019, 11:24 AM
Not for me. Porteous should be looked upon as Daz’ replacement. Efe’s replacement needs to be better than Porteous with the ball at their feet imo or else we’ll not be playing any form of attractive football.

Hanlon can do that - the point was more that a guaranteed starting place at CB is now up for grabs and Porto can make himself as big a legend as Efe if he wants it. Two different players but both talismanic.

Jones28
04-01-2019, 11:29 AM

He's still young and will add that to his game, but for someone at his age it's defend first. Hanlon is a good ball player and will be able to fill in what Efe does to an extent but the mazy runs will be missed.

Vault Boy
04-01-2019, 11:33 AM
Hanlon can do that - the point was more that a guaranteed starting place at CB is now up for grabs and Porto can make himself as big a legend as Efe if he wants it. Two different players but both talismanic.

Agreed. We haven't had many players like Efe in our defence, Bamba is the closest I can think of, they're a rare breed and we were lucky to have Efe whilst it lasted - but it isn't a necessity for a team to play good football.

We played some decent stuff before Efe joined and hopefully Hanlon, McGregor and Porteous can step up and be conjusive to a good brand of football once again.

Porteous needs to concentrate on getting fit, first and foremost.

calumhibee1
04-01-2019, 11:37 AM
He's still young and will add that to his game, but for someone at his age it's defend first. Hanlon is a good ball player and will be able to fill in what Efe does to an extent but the mazy runs will be missed.

It wasn’t a criticism of a Porteous, his body on the line style of defending has as much of a place as a footballing centre half. I suppose as was mentioned Hanlon can play a bit and seeing as Porteous and Efe has been our CB pairing then Hanlon can be Efes replacement to an extent.

Diclonius
04-01-2019, 11:39 AM
Porteous and Hanlon will do just fine.

Juniper Greens
04-01-2019, 12:39 PM
With Daz aging rapidly...I'd be tempted to go for Fontain if Gunnarson isn't available....

Johnny_Leith
04-01-2019, 12:41 PM
With Daz aging rapidly...I'd be tempted to go for Fontain if Gunnarson isn't available....

Think fonts is injured, season over for him.

IAmLee
04-01-2019, 01:15 PM

Fonts isn’t that much younger than Daz though, think there’s only a yesr and a half between them and Fonts is a lot slower from what I can remember. Halket at Livingston has been getting some rave reviews this season, could be worth a look.

NthCarolinaHibs
04-01-2019, 01:20 PM
Fonts has been out injured for months..

Juice-Terry
04-01-2019, 01:28 PM
What's the status of Porteous' knee injury - if indeed there is one?

SirDavidsNapper
04-01-2019, 01:37 PM

Efe is irreplaceable i reckon. I've been hugely critical of Lennon but he's the only reason Ambrose came to Hibs. Agree Porteous is McGregors successor

lyonhibs
04-01-2019, 01:52 PM

I hope Lennon and our scouting network has a touch more ambition and imagination than "players who were previously not guaranteed starters" for recruitment this month....

The 90+2
04-01-2019, 01:53 PM
How long is RP out for?

Smartie
04-01-2019, 02:00 PM
Efe's football was a bonus.

I like a defender who can defend, Porteous does that.

If we can get him defend and we sign a midfield for him to give the ball to then we'll be fine.

GGTTH07
04-01-2019, 02:25 PM
How long is RP out for?

Back training

The 90+2
04-01-2019, 02:31 PM
Back training

Thank goodness for some good news then thanks.

hibsforeurope
04-01-2019, 02:44 PM
I think we should be building our defence around Porteous. Hanlon is fine and Daz is decent on his day too but both seem to have had more long term injury problems recently and not as reliable.

The 90+2
04-01-2019, 02:47 PM
I think we should be building our defence around Porteous. Hanlon is fine and Daz is decent on his day too but both seem to have had more long term injury problems recently and not as reliable.

It’s a massive thing to do building the defence around a guy who should at this stage still be learning the game. We really really need another high standard centre half to come in. Even if it’s someone coming towards the end of their career who has played down south just to guide him through games a little longer, there was times that Efe did cover Ryan’s small mistakes with his footballing brain.

Northernhibee
04-01-2019, 03:07 PM
How long is RP out for?

Hes in his secret underground lair, figuring out how to spend as little as possible on players so he can spend it on ‘tache wax and hamster meat for the half time pies. He should be back in an hour.

The 90+2
04-01-2019, 03:15 PM
Hes in his secret underground lair, figuring out how to spend as little as possible on players so he can spend it on ‘tache wax and hamster meat for the half time pies. He should be back in an hour.

😀😀

judas
04-01-2019, 04:01 PM

This

Connollys11
04-01-2019, 04:03 PM
For me we should have a back 4 of Gray, porteous, Hanlon and Stevenson

B.H.F.C
04-01-2019, 04:06 PM

Efe was very good with the ball but he was having to attempt to play much more than he should have.

In the last few weeks he was venturing further forward than before and it was simply because he had nobody to take the ball from him in midfield.

I’m gutted he’s away but I think we have bigger problems, in terms of our ability to play football, than losing him. We need a McGeough type to take the ball from the centre halves so that they don’t need to be running 70 yards with it.

Connollys11
04-01-2019, 04:10 PM
Efe was very good with the ball but he was having to attempt to play much more than he should have.

In the last few weeks he was venturing further forward than before and it was simply because he had nobody to take the ball from him in midfield.

I’m gutted he’s away but I think we have bigger problems, in terms of our ability to play football, than losing him. We need a McGeough type to take the ball from the centre halves so that they don’t need to be running 70 yards with it. spot on bud

Billy Whizz
04-01-2019, 04:12 PM
Back training

Great news, wonder if he’ll go to Dubai

The 90+2
04-01-2019, 04:13 PM
For me we should have a back 4 of Gray, porteous, Hanlon and Stevenson

Then a holding/breaker up midfielder, two in the middle of the park wide left wide right one up top. Ideally that would be for me but I don’t think it will happen.

Connollys11
04-01-2019, 04:38 PM
Then a holding/breaker up midfielder, two in the middle of the park wide left wide right one up top. Ideally that would be for me but I don’t think it will happen.

Absolutely bro. Kamara sitting deep, gauld on the left, Boyle right with Allan at the tip of the diamond with moult and shankland up top that would be ma 11 if this window went my way haha

The 90+2
04-01-2019, 04:40 PM
😂😂 I like a dreamer.

Connollys11
04-01-2019, 04:45 PM
😂😂😂 that's a fifa 19 transfer window right there ae

Brightside
04-01-2019, 06:21 PM

Fonts is done....

Connollys11
04-01-2019, 06:24 PM
Fonts is done....

Fonts was done before he left for county lol

Viva_Palmeiras
04-01-2019, 06:43 PM
How long is RP out for?

Out with a Broken Moustache - 2 weeks min.

The 90+2
04-01-2019, 06:45 PM
Out with a Broken Moustache - 2 weeks min.

I heard it was in a bunker left with the only remainents of left over Xmas dinner hidden in his tache until the window closes. I would say Chinese whispers but I don’t want to be called an rascal 👍

greenlex
04-01-2019, 09:22 PM
Porteous can pick a pass. I think folks are blinded by the physical side of his game.

Billy Whizz
04-01-2019, 09:32 PM
Porteous can pick a pass. I think folks are blinded by the physical side of his game.

Also will play his natural position as Efe is away, might not be popular on here tonight though, which is understandable

MWHIBBIES
04-01-2019, 09:35 PM
Fonts was done before he left for county lol

No he wasn't, just wasn't featuring for us.