PDA

View Full Version : Thank you and all the best Efe

SirDavidsNapper
04-01-2019, 11:07 AM
Not lying when i say Ambrose was one of the best footballers I've been lucky enough to see in the green and white. Stood out like a sore thumb almost every week. Good luck and all the best for the future.

Wee Effen Bee
04-01-2019, 11:08 AM
Ditto!

calumhibee1
04-01-2019, 11:08 AM
Absolutely gutted. The best centre half I’ve seen at Hibs since Le God. All the best Efe, it’s been an absolute pleasure.

Allant1981
04-01-2019, 11:11 AM
Be interesting to see where he ends up

andybev1
04-01-2019, 11:13 AM
Are you sure Effe? Bye then......:top marks

SirDavidsNapper
04-01-2019, 11:14 AM
I didn't realise just how good he was

Tom Hart RIP
04-01-2019, 11:15 AM
Only Sloop and Franck were better central defenders in last 50 years. Plus Pat of course although we mostly played him in midfield.
Sad to see Effe go

Northernhibee
04-01-2019, 11:17 AM
Wonderful player. What a pleasure to have seen him play.

calumhibee1
04-01-2019, 11:18 AM

If Cardiff and Marseille are the options as rumoured then he should be heading straight for the South of France. He’d excel over there imo.

Blaster
04-01-2019, 11:18 AM
Good luck Efe

Jones28
04-01-2019, 11:21 AM
He's been the bright spark in an otherwise pish season. Gutted but wish him every success 👍🏻👍🏻

JackHibs
04-01-2019, 11:26 AM
absolutely gutted to say the least, a class act on the pitch and always had time for the fans - and that celebration was something else

Allant1981
04-01-2019, 11:29 AM
If Cardiff and Marseille are the options as rumoured then he should be heading straight for the South of France. He’d excel over there imo.

Aye there should be no contest but with the way wages are in England then Cardiff will probably be able to pay more

SirDavidsNapper
04-01-2019, 11:29 AM

Wouldn't be surprised to see him go to the middle east somewhere for a huge salary. If it was Cardiff he wouldn't look out of place in the EPL.

Northernhibee
04-01-2019, 11:33 AM
His performance against Dundee United game with Cumdogs superman hand ball was every bit as good as Stokes in the cup final. Was sat right behind him and we would have kept a clean sheet even with a team of Makalambays, David Stephens and Sean O’Hanlons. First time we’ve sat in to defend a goal lead and not felt in the least bit nervous.

Hibeesmad
04-01-2019, 11:33 AM
I think if he went to Cardiff, Warnock would play him in a more defensive midfield role

hulk
04-01-2019, 11:48 AM
Gutted here. He helped bring on Porteous to another level
this season and would have loved him to stay - because he is class and to help develop young Ryan into an even better player. Huge loss for fans and need some big good news to cheer us up

Keith_M
04-01-2019, 11:54 AM
When you need to improve your squad big time, losing the best player in the team is not exactly encouraging news.

As others have said, this transfer window is now massive for us (and it was already a big deal before this)

bodhibs
04-01-2019, 12:45 PM
A joy to watch, thank you efe, good luck 😥

The 90+2
04-01-2019, 12:54 PM
It would have been nice for him to stay until the end of the season but I understand his needs to go now especially with the ACN coming up soon.

CockneyRebel
04-01-2019, 01:06 PM
It would have been nice for him to stay until the end of the season but I understand his needs to go now especially with the ACN coming up soon.

Not sure I understand - he could have seen out the season. He got as much from us as we got from him (visa, passport etc.) - very disappointed.

Allant1981
04-01-2019, 01:14 PM
Not sure I understand - he could have seen out the season. He got as much from us as we got from him (visa, passport etc.) - very disappointed.

Yip no reason why he couldnt have stayed until the end of the season, another 5 good months and would still have had a few offers

Peevemor
04-01-2019, 01:15 PM
Yip no reason why he couldnt have stayed until the end of the season, another 5 good months and would still have had a few offers

Maybe he has something lined up already?

Sammy7nil
04-01-2019, 01:21 PM
Despite a couple of AWOL he was great for Hibs wish him all the best :aok:

calumhibee1
04-01-2019, 01:23 PM
Despite a couple of AWOL he was great for Hibs wish him all the best :aok:

I think looking back on it his going AWOL etc will almost add to the legend of Efe rather than diminish it.

The 90+2
04-01-2019, 01:29 PM

He is on relatively low money for a team in mid table at best Scottish football. He will have ambitions to play for Nigeria in the summer, that won’t happen at us.

judas
Merge the threads please admin

Allant1981
Maybe he has something lined up already?

Quite possibly

The 90+2

Why waste half a season of a short career fire fighting for rubbish money? He could be injured in that time also.

Allant1981
04-01-2019, 01:33 PM
Why waste half a season of a short career fire fighting for rubbish money? He could be injured in that time also.

You could say the same for every single player though, just feel it was a mistake putting in a clause saying he can leave halfway through a season, and I'm sure the "rubbish" money he is on would do him until the end of the season, don't think the rubbish money he is getting here will have him worrying about the electricity bill coming in!

Glory Lurker
04-01-2019, 01:33 PM
The fact it was fully expected doesn't make the news any better received. Gutted. All the best, Efe, and loads of thanks.

SirDavidsNapper
04-01-2019, 01:34 PM
I'd imagine with Efe's pedigree he would have been the highest earner (or near enough) at Hibs. At least it frees up a good wage to bring someone in.

Centre Hawf
04-01-2019, 01:35 PM

I pray it's Marseille he's off to. Would love an excuse to go over to watch him there.

bigwheel
04-01-2019, 01:37 PM
You could say the same for every single player though, just feel it was a mistake putting in a clause saying he can leave halfway through a season, and I'm sure the "rubbish" money he is on would do him until the end of the season, don't think the rubbish money he is getting here will have him worrying about the electricity bill coming in!

it must have been part of the deal to get him to sign in the first place - worked out for both parties. I've not doubt he could have got more money than us when he signed in the first place. He showed commitment during every game he played for us. No issue from me. Efe was a model pro - never injured and was by far our best player this season. Good luck to him - was a pleasure to see him in a Hibs jersey..

calumhibee1
04-01-2019, 01:40 PM
I pray it's Marseille he's off to. Would love an excuse to go over to watch him there.

I was in Marseille in the summer. Nice place, cracking stadium. Presuming the money on offer is similar he’d be so much better over there than England.

Allant1981
04-01-2019, 01:40 PM
it must have been part of the deal to get him to sign in the first place - worked out for both parties. I've not doubt he could have got more money than us when he signed in the first place. He showed commitment during every game he played for us. No issue from me. Efe was a model pro - never injured and was by far our best player this season. Good luck to him - was a pleasure to see him in a Hibs jersey..

Yip obviously suited at the time but again we lose a very important player for nowt and best of luck to him as he has been a cracking player, just seems crazy for a club to agree to a player going halfway through a season

H18S NX
04-01-2019, 01:47 PM
Absolutely gutted,he was the only diamond in the rough this season,good luck EFE.

jacomo
04-01-2019, 01:50 PM
Yip obviously suited at the time but again we lose a very important player for nowt and best of luck to him as he has been a cracking player, just seems crazy for a club to agree to a player going halfway through a season

Written in his contract innit.

Centre Hawf
04-01-2019, 01:51 PM
I was in Marseille in the summer. Nice place, cracking stadium. Presuming the money on offer is similar he’d be so much better over there than England.

I've only been to Nice but that side of the country/part of the world is such a beautiful place that I couldn't understand why anyone would choose Cardiff over it.

The 90+2
04-01-2019, 01:58 PM

Of course the clause was a mistake perhaps it was the only way to get him to sign. The guy owes us nothing and has to look after himself. We are doing nothing this season and he’s looking to get into the international squad. Why would he stay? Just because we are struggling?

The 90+2
04-01-2019, 01:59 PM

It’s not crazy if it was the only way to get him to sign and if he wanted out 6 months before an international tournament having already missed the WC.

Centre Hawf
04-01-2019, 02:01 PM
It’s not crazy if it was the only way to get him to sign and if he wanted out 6 months before an international tournament having already missed the WC.

If letting Efe go for free after 18 months was the difference maker in getting him to sign or not then the club were right to sign him with that clause and just hope he wanted to stay come decision time. I'd happily take a whole host of talented players that normally would never be at Hibs if the only condition was they could walk away after 18 month.

tonyrougier123
04-01-2019, 02:07 PM
Absolutely gutted!! 😞

Scotty Leither
04-01-2019, 02:09 PM
Really sad to see the big man go. Proper Hibs player, and I wish our forwards could take a man on like Efe does.

For a so-called "bomb-scare" you can probably count on one hand the amount of mistakes he made that led to a goal against us.

Good luck Efe, you'll be missed.

Hi Heid Yin
04-01-2019, 07:05 PM
Merge the threads please admin

I second this:agree:

Captain Trips
04-01-2019, 08:26 PM
Efe it's been a blast. Good luck

spike220
04-01-2019, 08:33 PM
Took my 8 year old son to his first match at the beginning of this season. He said his favorite player on the pitch was Efe closely followed by Boyle.

Thanks for the memories Efe!

heretoday
04-01-2019, 08:35 PM
The classiest player we have despite one or two howlers but he wasn't alone in that.

CmoantheHibs
04-01-2019, 08:42 PM
Eve will be missed but wish him nothing but luck. Welcome back anytime.

hibsbollah
04-01-2019, 08:44 PM

Nothing about him in the French media I can see. But Marseille are looking for one possibly two centre backs. I think the rumour dated from last year so it seems unlikely.

HIGHLANDLEITHER
04-01-2019, 09:25 PM
Class player, takes the ball forward effortlessly with his head up . Has reminded me of Suazee and Stanton. Can forgive him his timekeeping as he has otherwise been a model pro in his attitude. Wish him well in the future and would be happy to see him back .

Itsnoteasy
04-01-2019, 09:51 PM
Hopefully he signs for Aston Villa or a lot o people will have to follow another team.