PDA

View Full Version : Ambrose gone

Diclonius
04-01-2019, 11:03 AM
Confimed on official site.

All the best, Efe. Thanks for two great years.

HibsGW
04-01-2019, 11:04 AM
Confimed on official site.

All the best, Efe. Thanks for two great years.

Balls.

PatHead
04-01-2019, 11:06 AM
Thanks for everything. One of the most accomplished defenders I have seen in a Hibs jersey.

Callum_62
Crap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blackpoolhibs
Gutted, all the best Efe. :boo hoo:

Wee Effen Bee
Buggers O’Riley! Player of the season so far!

Hibernian Verse
04-01-2019, 11:08 AM
Baws

Peevemor
04-01-2019, 11:10 AM
Interesting to see that the club sayes he refused "an improved 3 year contract". Obviously giving out more information than normal in an attempt to silence the moaners.

calumhibee1
04-01-2019, 11:10 AM
Absolutely gutted. The best centre half I’ve seen at Hibs since Le God. All the best Efe, it’s been an absolute pleasure.

weecounty hibby
04-01-2019, 11:11 AM
Gutted. Was a treat to watch him play for Hibs. He should be held up as the minimum level for a Hibernian player. Great on the ball, committed, winner. Thanks for the memories Efe. You will be missed big time

mcfly
04-01-2019, 11:12 AM
All the best efe

Terrible news for us and weakens us significantly

Hope some good news comes out soon from hibs

Pete
04-01-2019, 11:14 AM
His time here was a bonus. A class act.

All the best 👍🏼

Hibeesmad
04-01-2019, 11:15 AM
There’s class, There’s first class, Then there’s Efe class

sauzee=legend
04-01-2019, 11:15 AM
Absolutely gutted. The best centre half I’ve seen at Hibs since Le God. All the best Efe, it’s been an absolute pleasure.

100% agree!

Northernhibee
04-01-2019, 11:16 AM
We knew it was coming and it’s still devastating news.

Bostonhibby
04-01-2019, 11:16 AM
Very disappointed. Was my player of the year so far. Big loss, all the best to him wherever he goes next.

Bob Box Fish
04-01-2019, 11:17 AM
Gutted, one of the few Lennon successes in the transfer market and my favourite player.

Three out.
Hee haw in.

500miles
04-01-2019, 11:17 AM
Given the remaining defenders we have, we can cope with that loss, as long as we get some creativity in midfield.

MB62
04-01-2019, 11:18 AM
Disappointed, but we move on. Another test of N.L. and his scouting team to come up with someone to replace him, that's a big part of what management is about.

calumhibee1
04-01-2019, 11:18 AM
Given the remaining defenders we have, we can cope with that loss, as long as we get some creativity in midfield.

If we play a 4 we can just about cope. If we play a 3 then we can’t.

Callyballybe
04-01-2019, 11:20 AM
Massive loss. An already important transfer window has just got even bigger.

Interested to see where he goes. I wonder if this has been on the cards for a while, and if so, have the club got any sort of replacement in mind.

FilipinoHibs
05-01-2019, 12:44 AM
Crap

He did make a lot if mistakes that cost us goals though - it was his poor clearance that gave the ball to the Jambos that led to them scoring. While good going forward his final ball created few chances. No so sure if big loss.

Callum_62
05-01-2019, 12:53 AM
He did make a lot if mistakes that cost us goals though - it was his poor clearance that gave the ball to the Jambos that led to them scoring. While good going forward his final ball created few chances. No so sure if big loss.

He probably gave less goals away than mcgregor/Hanlon while being generally classy and decent going forward

Think we will now see how much of a player Efe was

He was an easy target for ridicule - even they he was pretty much fantastic for us - unlikely to see a better defender for many years

bigwheel
05-01-2019, 12:54 AM

No..he didn’t make a lot of mistakes that cost goals...he’s been by far and away our best defender for most of his stint with us ....

MWHIBBIES
05-01-2019, 12:59 AM

Best defender for his entire time here. Didn't make alot of mistakes at all. Massive loss.

IDHibs
05-01-2019, 01:41 AM
Interesting to see that the club sayes he refused "an improved 3 year contract". Obviously giving out more information than normal in an attempt to silence the moaners.

See that is the type of crap that totally pisses me off. I followed Hibs all my days and i;m 63. Was hospitalised on that great day in 2016. So i missed out celebrating with my 3 Hibs mental kids. Take stock son before you accuse others of being "moaners"

IDHibs
05-01-2019, 01:44 AM
He probably gave less goals away than mcgregor/Hanlon while being generally classy and decent going forward

Think we will now see how much of a player Efe was

He was an easy target for ridicule - even they he was pretty much fantastic for us - unlikely to see a better defender for many years

He totally brought Porteous on... they were rock solid

MagicSwirlingShip
05-01-2019, 01:55 AM
Was surprised to see him sign on loan in the first place.

Especially surprised to see him sign a permanent deal.

This has been coming. He’s been a joy to watch, a real cult hero. Hope he gets a move to the EPL.

IDHibs
05-01-2019, 02:09 AM
Was surprised to see him sign on loan in the first place.humble with it

Especially surprised to see him sign a permanent deal.

This has been coming. He’s been a joy to watch, a real cult hero. Hope he gets a move to the EPL.

:top marksquality and total humble . Loved his goal celebration against Houstons pile of cheats

Onion
05-01-2019, 02:30 AM
Great servant to Hibs and wish him all the best.

Worrying that (yet again) we've lost our best player in the window and our quality is diluted further. No chance of replacing him with similar.

FilipinoHibs
05-01-2019, 03:49 AM
No..he didn’t make a lot of mistakes that cost goals...he’s been by far and away our best defender for most of his stint with us ....
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-boss-neil-lennon-tells-efe-ambrose-to-cut-out-mistakes-1-4786535

bigwheel
05-01-2019, 08:24 AM
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-boss-neil-lennon-tells-efe-ambrose-to-cut-out-mistakes-1-4786535

I'm beginning to wonder how many times you've actually watched Ambrose play....as I can't believe anyone who has seen him a lot would not recognise he was by far our best defender..

https://amp.sportsmole.co.uk/football/hibernian/news/hibs-boss-neil-lennon-salutes-magnificent-efe-ambrose_337366.html

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LancsHibs
05-01-2019, 08:51 AM
So sad to see Efe leave, losing our best player at this stage will be difficult. Best CB since Sol Bamba. Having said that the defence is not our problem area and we are blessed good CB’s. Now way we can let Porteous go anware now! Good look Efe and thanks

FilipinoHibs
05-01-2019, 08:55 AM
I'm beginning to wonder how many times you've actually watched Ambrose play....as I can't believe anyone who has seen him a lot would not recognise he was by far our best defender..

https://amp.sportsmole.co.uk/football/hibernian/news/hibs-boss-neil-lennon-salutes-magnificent-efe-ambrose_337366.html

Seen him plenty of times in the flesh and on Hibs TV. I am with Lennon on this one.

bigwheel
05-01-2019, 08:56 AM
Seen him plenty of times in the flesh and on Hibs TV. I am with Lennon on this one.

That he is the best defender we have had in years??? Because that is his view....

James Stephen
05-01-2019, 08:59 AM
My new Hibs blog on Ambrose...

https://jamsstephen.com/2019/01/04/farewell-efe-youve-proved-everybody-wrong/

(Hope this is ok to post admins, happy to delete if not)

Squealing pig
05-01-2019, 09:02 AM
Porteous is better, but thanks for the memories efe ,in saying that my heart won’t b as dodgy when ur last man

Captain Trips
05-01-2019, 09:18 AM
Ryan will benefit from Efe being here. I think the defence will be fine it's the other things that other players should have been doing we will miss most from Efe.

NorthNorfolkHFC
05-01-2019, 09:19 AM
Ryan will benefit from Efe being here. I think the defence will be fine it's the other things that other players should have been doing we will miss most from Efe.

Efe has gone though?

Captain Trips
05-01-2019, 09:21 AM
Efe has gone though?

Yes and?

jacomo
05-01-2019, 09:37 AM

Well it’s all about opinions I suppose, even crazy ones like this!

Baldy Foghorn
05-01-2019, 09:46 AM

Lennon offered Efe a new deal. Efe chose to decline.

B.H.F.C
05-01-2019, 10:56 AM

You mean you’d have offered him a three year deal, to probably become our highest paid player, as well?

Quite right, class act.

CraigHibee
05-01-2019, 12:15 PM
efe was a cracking player for us, had the odd moment but will be sorely missed

Baldy Foghorn
05-01-2019, 12:26 PM
efe was a cracking player for us, had the odd moment but will be sorely missed

Correct, big loss

Speedy
05-01-2019, 01:23 PM
Efe was one of the best individuals in our team (and he offered something going forward) but always felt we were more solid with a back 4 of Stevenson, Hanlon, McGregor, Gray.

Porteous now has McGregor's spot and we need someone else to cover injuries (Porteous out, McGregor aging, Hanlon not yet back to 100% imo) but hopefully will be ok at the back.

Bigger challenge is arguably filling the gaps in midfield.

basehibby
05-01-2019, 03:08 PM

We all know that Efe had his "moments" on occasion, but there's a reason the fans had about three separate songs about him - he oozed class in a Hibs jersey and was a joy to watch most weeks.

He certainly has been consistently our best performer this season - throughout the team and not just in defence - and will be missed.

Good luck Efe wherever you end up - it's been a pleasure watching you in a Hibs jersey :thumbsup:

NorthNorfolkHFC
05-01-2019, 03:23 PM
Yes and?

He can’t benefit if he’s left?

The 90+2
05-01-2019, 03:29 PM
Why’s SingHibs so obsessed with making out Ambrose was *****?

The 90+2
05-01-2019, 03:31 PM
As for the hearts goal, Efe first and foremost is a defender not a mid fielding footballer, they pressed the defence well in the first half and his first instinct as a defender is to get it into touch rather than give it away. Ludicrous to blame him for the hearts goal.

andybev1
05-01-2019, 03:54 PM
Does this mean Abrose is a free agent or will we get money from a transfer fee?

Baldy Foghorn
05-01-2019, 04:27 PM

Free agent, no fee coming our way

The 90+2
05-01-2019, 04:27 PM

Free agent. We get the memories.

Steve20
07-01-2019, 08:55 AM
Porteous is better, but thanks for the memories efe ,in saying that my heart won’t b as dodgy when ur last man

He's really not. Efe was easily the best defender at the club. People like to pretend he made big mistakes, but he made far less than the other defenders at the club. Some people won't realise how much we miss him until we start playing without him.

Northernhibee
07-01-2019, 09:01 AM
Free agent, no fee coming our way

Free agent? Ex player?

Time for a “Would you take Efe Ambrose back?” thread or ten :hyper

BILLYHIBS
07-01-2019, 09:04 AM
Efe was different class!

He was my Man of the Match versus the Hearts in his last game for us as he kept taking the ball forward taking the ball towards their box head and shoulders above the rest on the park that night

He must have a good shout of being our player of the season and there is still half a season to go

Anybody have any idea where he is off to?

Derek Adams at Plymouth seems confident of getting him but also rumoured Cardiff ?

ian cruise
07-01-2019, 09:32 AM
Great servant to Hibs and wish him all the best.

Worrying that (yet again) we've lost our best player in the window and our quality is diluted further. No chance of replacing him with similar.

Efe is one of those special players Hibs had no expectation of having, that's why it's unlikely we'll replace with a similar player. It's just unfortunately where we, and Scottish football in general, are within the grand scheme of things.

We've still got a good defence, yes it could be improved but losing Efe, while disappointing, isn't the end of our season. That said we do need another central defender as cover so hopefully there's someone in the u21 side read to step up the way Porteous did or we have someone in mind, even if it's looking forward to summer signings.

Centre Hawf
07-01-2019, 09:43 AM
Efe was different class!

He was my Man of the Match versus the Hearts in his last game for us as he kept taking the ball forward taking the ball towards their box head and shoulders above the rest on the park that night

He must have a good shout of being our player of the season and there is still half a season to go

Derek Adams at Plymouth seems confident of getting him but also rumoured Cardiff ?

If he goes to Plymouth ill be raging.

BILLYHIBS
07-01-2019, 09:53 AM

My thoughts exactly surely HIBS are a bigger club than Plymouth?

Derek Adams was our Assistant Manager FFS!

Dont call me Shirley 😁

green day
07-01-2019, 10:41 AM

Why?

Do you think league 1 clubs have less money for salaries than Hibs?

Efe is a pro in the last few years of his career. Maximising cash is what it's about.

Centre Hawf
07-01-2019, 10:46 AM
Why?

Do you think league 1 clubs have less money for salaries than Hibs?

Efe is a pro in the last few years of his career. Maximising cash is what it's about.

Some clubs definitely do not pay more than Hibs in League 1, most probably do. Plymouth I’ve no idea about however. But when I heard he had offers from Cardiff and Marseille I could understand him leaving for the potential 15/20k a week + top level football to get back into Nigeria’s squad for one more AFCON. But if it turns out it’s to go to Plymouth for just a few extra bob (at best imo) I think it’s a waste of what was a good thing he had at Hibs.

EDIT: A quick google search comes up with this “Of the Devon clubs, Plymouth Argyle’s average weekly wage of £1,369 is the fifth lowest in League One”. As of May 2018.

Allant1981
07-01-2019, 10:59 AM
Think it's wishful thinking from Plymouth, there's not a chance he will be going there imo

HH81
14-01-2019, 06:25 PM
In talks with Sheffield Wednesday from what I was told.

hibsfan7
14-01-2019, 06:30 PM
we will miss him big time

The 90+2
14-01-2019, 08:30 PM

Shocking decision if going there. They won’t be far off relegation. Seriously missmanaged.

calumhibee1
14-01-2019, 08:36 PM
I’d be disappointed if he goes anywhere in England purely because I want to see him strolling it in some exotic location.

JimBHibees
15-01-2019, 06:26 AM
Shocking decision if going there. They won’t be far off relegation. Seriously missmanaged.

But they will pay 4 or 5 times what we do and just appointed a new manager. Big club also.

SirDavidsNapper
15-01-2019, 06:29 AM

He's much much better than Sheffield Wednesday

blackpoolhibs
15-01-2019, 07:35 AM
He will consider anyone who offers four or five times what we were giving him, he's a professional footballer who wants to earn the best he can.

Forza Fred
15-01-2019, 07:42 AM
He will consider anyone who offers four or five times what we were giving him, he's a professional footballer who wants to earn the best he can.

Exactly.

He’s not in the professional game solely show his future Nigerian grandchildren what will Beto them, obscure British football medals.

He is in it primarily to make as much money as he can before his career is over, as are most professional footballers.

hibeesboii
19-01-2019, 03:49 PM
Has he signed for anyone? Sat in the home end with a Hibs training jacket on!

Nevi_SOL
19-01-2019, 03:55 PM

He would be some signing, played very well for his last club

mentalhibee
19-01-2019, 03:56 PM

Hopefully he just couldn’t be arsed travelling to Dubai and signs that 3 year deal!

SirDavidsNapper
19-01-2019, 03:59 PM

Hope he paid for a ticket

CMurdoch
19-01-2019, 04:01 PM
Hopefully he just couldn’t be arsed travelling to Dubai and signs that 3 year deal!

That would be great.

Tug Wilson
19-01-2019, 04:01 PM

I would have thought unlikely but if the offers on the table are enough to persuade Efe to uproot his family then you never know.

BILLYHIBS
19-01-2019, 05:23 PM
Efe at the game today

Maybe having a change of mind??

Silversand
19-01-2019, 05:27 PM
Efe signing for Hibs at the end of January wouldn't surprise me. Would give him an extended holiday with his family.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

BILLYHIBS
19-01-2019, 05:31 PM
Efe signing for Hibs at the end of January wouldn't surprise me. Would give him an extended holiday with his family.

Better sign that contract while it’s still on the table don’t want him doing a Fraser Fyvie

Lemonade
19-01-2019, 07:01 PM

Where was he sitting ?
Beside the other players not playing ?

BILLYHIBS
19-01-2019, 07:22 PM
Sitting beside Lewis apparently

In full HIBS gear ??

hibeesboii
19-01-2019, 07:57 PM
Where was he sitting ?
Beside the other players not playing ?

Was sat behind Lewis in hospitality! Someone sat next to him with Hibs jacket on! Not sure who he was!

brianmc
19-01-2019, 08:15 PM
Was sat behind Lewis in hospitality! Someone sat next to him with Hibs jacket on! Not sure who he was!

Could you have a go at describing this mysterious stranger?

DH1875
19-01-2019, 08:21 PM

Surely you'd know if it was Efe though.

hibeesboii
19-01-2019, 09:20 PM
I knew it was efe! Was player next to him I didn’t know! Was also wearing Hibs training top! Maybe Omeonga?

DaveF
19-01-2019, 09:22 PM
Whoever it was he was considerably smaller than Efe.

Bayern Bru
19-01-2019, 09:23 PM
Whoever it was he was considerably smaller than Efe.

It was Agyepong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Famous Fiver
19-01-2019, 09:26 PM
Could we have played Efe as a 'Trialist' today?

DaveF
19-01-2019, 09:26 PM
It was Agyepong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ah right, cheers.

erin go bragh
19-01-2019, 09:47 PM
Efe at the game today

Maybe having a change of mind??

And wearing a Hibs jacket ! Allegedly :)?

elevengoats
19-01-2019, 09:59 PM
This stuff about Efe signing again sounds too good to be true but bring it on! The guy's a legend!

BILLYHIBS
19-01-2019, 10:32 PM
And wearing a Hibs jacket ! Allegedly :)?

Training gear and tracksuit (allegedly)

w pilton hibby
19-01-2019, 10:38 PM
Training gear and tracksuit (allegedly)

He was blagging a freebie in hospitality!

hibee_girl
19-01-2019, 10:40 PM
This stuff about Efe signing again sounds too good to be true but bring it on! The guy's a legend!

We’re setting ourselves up for massive disappointment here :greengrin

BILLYHIBS
He was blagging a freebie in hospitality!

Possibly :confused:

Aim Here
We’re setting ourselves up for massive disappointment here :greengrin

We wouldn't be Hibs fans if we weren't.

3pm
19-01-2019, 10:41 PM
Ffs.

BlackSheep
19-01-2019, 11:32 PM
Poster over on bounce had a chat with Efe today and efe said it was ‘the people upstairs’ that were preventing him from staying.... which I’m guessing is a financial thing. Hope we get it sorted and he re-signs, would be a huge boost. Also mentioned he had nothing concrete in terms of signing for anyone else.

SMAXXA
19-01-2019, 11:37 PM
Could we have played Efe as a 'Trialist' today?

No only signed registered players can l play in cups

Keyser Sauzee
19-01-2019, 11:39 PM
No only signed registered players can l play in cups

How about league games? Not something I can ever recall seeing in the premier league but sure it happens a lot in the lower leagues.

jacomo
19-01-2019, 11:40 PM
Poster over on bounce had a chat with Efe today and efe said it was ‘the people upstairs’ that were preventing him from staying.... which I’m guessing is a financial thing. Hope we get it sorted and he re-signs, would be a huge boost. Also mentioned he had nothing concrete in terms of signing for anyone else.

It’s not. Efe has every right to chase more money elsewhere, but it’s not our decision that he ended his contract.

hibee_girl
19-01-2019, 11:43 PM

He can’t be that annoyed with ‘the people upstairs’ if he’s still happy to attend our games

SirDavidsNapper
19-01-2019, 11:44 PM

Maybe he's religious?

BILLYHIBS
19-01-2019, 11:45 PM

Correct!

My contact said we are still hopeful of getting him to resign

It ain’t over till the fat lady sings

hibeesboii
19-01-2019, 11:59 PM
Would be delighted if he came back! Was our best player before the winter break!

SMAXXA
20-01-2019, 12:03 AM
How about league games? Not something I can ever recall seeing in the premier league but sure it happens a lot in the lower leagues.

I’m sure you can play a set amount or trialist games if your a free agent not sure if league rules prevent it but sure SFA rules allow

majorhibs
20-01-2019, 12:18 AM
Efe was different class!

Efe is one of those special players Hibs had no expectation of having, that's why it's unlikely we'll replace with a similar player. It's just unfortunately where we, and Scottish football in general, are within the grand scheme of things.

We've still got a good defence, yes it could be improved but losing Efe, while disappointing, isn't the end of our season. That said we do need another central defender as cover so hopefully there's someone in the u21 side read to step up the way Porteous did or we have someone in mind, even if it's looking forward to summer signings.
My take about 1.5 years ago, when I went on about how good & how he got us 60/70 yards upfield rapido, was slated, what nonsense, etc. I knew quality then, I also see a lot of dimwit infiltrators, who should be ousted, but Ambrose will be a huge loss, Hibs & Lennon punching way above ourweight wi a player that quality. & Hibs.net full of people who really ought not to be here.

hibees 7062
20-01-2019, 12:21 AM
https://scontent.fman3-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/50301945_10156886146797836_1278300898581282816_n.j pg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_ht=scontent.fman3-1.fna&oh=d09b9a16316eca009c1c8a4823a6bc69&oe=5CFFB85C

matty_f
20-01-2019, 12:22 AM
https://scontent.fman3-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/50301945_10156886146797836_1278300898581282816_n.j pg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_ht=scontent.fman3-1.fna&oh=d09b9a16316eca009c1c8a4823a6bc69&oe=5CFFB85C

Hibs came out and said that we made him or best offer to stay, sure it was in the papers when Ambrose was about to leave, so I wonder how much he was looking for?

The Harp Awakes
20-01-2019, 12:43 AM
I hope Hibs are looking at Efe's situation in the same light as they would signing a new player of the same quality who may command a transfer fee on top of their wages.

Having said that I don't think Hibs should be breaking the bank on an offer. Efe is decent and I would love him to stay but he has his faults and I don't think losing him is critical to the team.

monktonharp
20-01-2019, 12:43 AM
It would be a huge boost to the Fans primarily, and also to the club if he were to re-sign for another year or so. Is it true that the English "window" is now shut? haven't a clue about that but I suppose a free agent can go where and when he wants. People Upstairs, have a serious look at it!

Pete
20-01-2019, 12:50 AM
Hibs came out and said that we made him or best offer to stay, sure it was in the papers when Ambrose was about to leave, so I wonder how much he was looking for?

I hope this doesn't turn into another stick to beat the board with. We don't have an infinite amount of money and have to budget accordingly.

matty_f
20-01-2019, 12:52 AM
I hope this doesn't turn into another stick to beat the board with. We don't have an infinite amount of money and have to budget accordingly.

I agree, no doubt we offered him more than he was in but if his head was turned by clubs in England we're fighting a losing battle to compete financially with then.

Diclonius
20-01-2019, 12:54 AM
His behaviour today suggests he may well end up staying, especially if he doesn't get a deal worth leaving Scotland. Here's hoping!

Col2
20-01-2019, 12:59 AM
I wonder if a compromise is signing until the summer.

Better options for him then and we get him for 2nd half of season.

Not ideal but better than nothing.

J-C
20-01-2019, 06:40 AM
We probably got Efe at a reduced rate due to him needing his visa, remember he'll have been on a good wedge at Celtic, he has to remember who we are and what we can pay.

MrSmith
20-01-2019, 07:32 AM
Thought Efe was away? I’m confused :confused:

green day
20-01-2019, 07:39 AM

That the "people upstairs" can't compete with English Championship cash, then thats not Hibs fault.

I'm sure Efe likes it here, but surely he knew the score when he arrived?

I really like Efe, but (I may be wrong here) didn't he trigger the clause to leave his contract last month???

marinello59
20-01-2019, 07:42 AM
That the "people upstairs" can't compete with English Championship cash, then thats not Hibs fault.

I'm sure Efe likes it here, but surely he knew the score when he arrived?

I really like Efe, but (I may be wrong here) didn't he trigger the clause to leave his contract last month???

Aye, he triggered the clause, 100% his own decision. He could have stayed while he sorted out a more lucrative deal elsewhere. I do hope he gets sorted, he was our best player this season by some way.

Just Jimmy
20-01-2019, 08:03 AM
"the people upstairs"...

"right Efe, no nonsense - 4k a week top end. bonus for x y and z. You're playing great football and you're enjoying the club. the fans love you and you're clearly the managers guy. that's our offer, we'd love you to stay"

efe: thanks but no thanks, I've heard I can get 10k a week from some no bit English club who's fans don't know who I am and won't remember me in 2 years... 2 years time when I'm not playing or loaned out cos the manager who signed me was sacked after 18 weeks. sorry guys money short career blah blah"

"ok Efe, gutted to lose you but we respect your decision best wishes from all at hibs"

efe: "still not got a club, wish I'd stayed - that's everyone else's fault but mine...".

I love big Efe but he's messed up here if he's not got anything lined up and wishing he'd stay. hopefully if he comes crawling back Hibs say that "that top end wage" is now slightly below that as they had to tweak the budget due to players moving and coming in already. I'm sure Efe won't mind - after all it's a business isn't it?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

SouthMoroccoStu
20-01-2019, 08:20 AM
"the people upstairs"...

"right Efe, no nonsense - 4k a week top end. bonus for x y and z. You're playing great football and you're enjoying the club. the fans love you and you're clearly the managers guy. that's our offer, we'd love you to stay"

efe: thanks but no thanks, I've heard I can get 10k a week from some no bit English club who's fans don't know who I am and won't remember me in 2 years... 2 years time when I'm not playing or loaned out cos the manager who signed me was sacked after 18 weeks. sorry guys money short career blah blah"

"ok Efe, gutted to lose you but we respect your decision best wishes from all at hibs"

efe: "still not got a club, wish I'd stayed - that's everyone else's fault but mine...".

I love big Efe but he's messed up here if he's not got anything lined up and wishing he'd stay. hopefully if he comes crawling back Hibs say that "that top end wage" is now slightly below that as they had to tweak the budget due to players moving and coming in already. I'm sure Efe won't mind - after all it's a business isn't it?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Based on no knowledge whatsoever but this sounds like it would be pretty accurate to me

Hope we can get Efe back

Sir David Gray
20-01-2019, 08:33 AM
Thought Efe was away? I’m confused :confused:

He technically is away, he's currently a free agent after he invoked a clause in his contract at the start of the window that stated he could terminate it early if he wanted to.

However he's clearly finding it tough to find another club so he's possibly angling at resigning for Hibs.

MagicSwirlingShip
20-01-2019, 08:35 AM
He technically is away, he's currently a free agent after he invoked a clause in his contract at the start of the window that stated he could terminate it early if he wanted to.

However he's clearly finding it tough to find another club so he's possibly angling at resigning for Hibs.

Unless he’s waiting on a club that’s not in season. ie China / Middle East

staunchhibby
20-01-2019, 08:43 AM
Is the offer to Effe still on the table though ????

BT58
20-01-2019, 08:47 AM
Perhaps the club have given,( or waiting to give) his salary to some else. Effe was a great player for us, and i would love for him to re-sign. But it was Effe who invoked the clause.

SouthMoroccoStu
20-01-2019, 09:16 AM
It’s certainly interesting that he was there yesterday and in his hibs training kit

Could yet be possible for a return

Keith_M
20-01-2019, 09:36 AM
I think people are reading too much into this. He's just gone to see his mates play a game of football.

I can understand the wishful thinking though.

Albanian Hibs
20-01-2019, 09:37 AM
I think people are reading too much into this. He's just gone to see his mates play a game of football.

In a hibs tracksuit???

bingo70
20-01-2019, 09:40 AM
In a hibs tracksuit???

Why not? Probably as good as anything else to wear.

BILLYHIBS
20-01-2019, 09:41 AM

In full training gear and HIBS tracksuit :confused:

Scotty Allan was at the last Derby in his jeans I think that would have been more appropriate attire for someone who had left the club

Imagine the meltdown on here if Sparky turned up at a game wearing full training gear and HIBS tracky :greengrin

Keith_M
20-01-2019, 09:44 AM
In a hibs tracksuit???

I don't see why not.

calumhibee1
20-01-2019, 09:47 AM
Is the offer to Effe still on the table though ????

Hope so. We still need to replace him so until the money is gone then it should be on the table.

BILLYHIBS
20-01-2019, 09:49 AM
I don't see why not.

Heard from a good source yesterday HIBS are still hopeful of an Efe turnaround poster over in Bounce is spot on!

Sir David Gray
20-01-2019, 09:52 AM

The fact he was at the game means very little but I find it a bit strange that he was in a Hibs tracksuit.

It's still not conclusive proof that he's coming back but it's certainly enough to raise a few questions.

Keith_M
20-01-2019, 09:57 AM
Heard from a good source yesterday HIBS are still hopeful of an Efe turnaround poster over in Bounce is spot on!

That would be great, Billy.

I'm not trying to be negative, I just think people could be reading too much into him being at the game.

Oh and maybe he wore the tracksuit cos it's a cool bit of gear ;-)

BILLYHIBS
20-01-2019, 10:03 AM
That would be great, Billy.

I'm not trying to be negative, I just think people could be reading too much into him being at the game.

Oh and maybe he wore the tracksuit cos it's a cool bit of gear ;-)

Never say never!

He obviously likes it here he is loved and his wife and kids might have decided they like it here too

Fingers crossed :greengrin

Jim44
20-01-2019, 10:08 AM
While a tiny hope of a return lingers, I can’t see it. I’m sure he’ll have had offers already but possibly not attractive enough to jump at. I think he’ll bide his time and wait till the right one comes along. Now that he’s kitted out with the requisite documentation he’s under no great pressure to find a club.

Allant1981
20-01-2019, 10:26 AM
He is maybe still training with the club until he gets a move sorted out which is why he was in the tracksuit?

Callum_62
20-01-2019, 10:30 AM
Hey Dylan meet Efe.

3pm
20-01-2019, 10:34 AM
Does Jack Ross know about this?

Hibbyradge
20-01-2019, 10:37 AM
He is maybe still training with the club until he gets a move sorted out which is why he was in the tracksuit?

Unlikely he'd be training before a game, no?

BILLYHIBS
20-01-2019, 10:40 AM
Still on the official website confirming that Efe has left the club

oldbutdim
20-01-2019, 10:42 AM
Efe is usually on a different planet. He probably forgot warm clothing and borrowed the jacket.

w pilton hibby
20-01-2019, 11:05 AM
Efe is usually on a different planet. He probably forgot warm clothing and borrowed the jacket.

Most sensible (and probably most accurate) posting so far on this thread.

monarch
20-01-2019, 11:17 AM
The fact he was at the game means very little but I find it a bit strange that he was in a Hibs tracksuit.

It's still not conclusive proof that he's coming back but it's certainly enough to raise a few questions.

Billy Brown (remember him) still walks/cycles around Musselburgh in his Hearts tracksuit top. Mind you that’s probably because he’s still waiting on his wages from the Romanov regime and can’t afford anything else.

Borderhibbie76
20-01-2019, 11:19 AM
I hope this doesn't turn into another stick to beat the board with. We don't have an infinite amount of money and have to budget accordingly.Was just thinking this...by all accounts we've made him a very decent offer...if he wants more that's not the boards fault and we can't just pay him ridiculous amounts. Love the big man to stay but if he's outwith the budget then we have to move on

SouthMoroccoStu
20-01-2019, 11:22 AM
Billy Brown (remember him) still walks/cycles around Musselburgh in his Hearts tracksuit top. Mind you that’s probably because he’s still waiting on his wages from the Romanov regime and can’t afford anything else.

Or he’s simply a trampy hearts bar steward

Allant1981
20-01-2019, 11:25 AM
Unlikely he'd be training before a game, no?

He wasn't playing though? Maybe he just likes the track suit!!

Vini1875
20-01-2019, 11:27 AM
It is odd that he would leave the club before having something lined up. Maybe the deal he was hoping for fell through or if it is for a foreign club the paperwork is taking time to be processed. I'd be amazed if he signed for us again.

Peevemor
20-01-2019, 11:28 AM
Maybe he wore his official training gear to avoid paying?

SouthMoroccoStu
20-01-2019, 03:29 PM

That git owes us £22

Poor Elgin

heretoday
20-01-2019, 03:31 PM
You'll come crawling back soon enough, Ambrose. We'll keep your locker free.:greengrin

hfc rd
20-01-2019, 04:52 PM
That git owes us £22

Poor Elgin

If that was Rangers, we would have seen a statement by now.

Jim44
20-01-2019, 05:56 PM

That git owes us £22

Poor Elgin

........ and what’s more, ex-players’ kit should be recycled. :cb

J-C
20-01-2019, 06:00 PM

What! he came on his bike?

blackpoolhibs
20-01-2019, 06:02 PM

Dinnae say that, Petrie will get wind and we will only be after players with initials E A.

1van Sprou7e
21-01-2019, 05:09 PM
Dinnae say that, Petrie will get wind and we will only be after players with initials E A.

Adebayor confirmed?

BILLYHIBS
21-01-2019, 08:31 PM
Don’t throw out that tracksuit just yet new improved offer on the table according to a poster over on the transfer thread :greengrin

SirDavidsNapper
21-01-2019, 08:39 PM
Don’t throw out that tracksuit just yet new improved offer on the table according to a poster over on the transfer thread :greengrin

Efe would be daft. Macron tracksuits aren't cheap