03-01-2019, 07:19 AM
This might be of interest to some.

http://www.mracers.com/2019/01/02/calling-all-edinburgh-football-fans/

SChibs
03-01-2019, 07:52 AM
I was planning on going to this but haven't bought tickets yet so cheers

derekduval
03-01-2019, 10:19 AM
I was going to take the kids to this a few years ago but discovered a pound from every ticket sold went to hearts. So obviously couldn’t go. This was as they were just about to go down the plug hole. Was quite irritated at the time as I wanted to go and even now don’t think I would go. I know they would probably do the same for us and really it was just clever marketing but there was no way I was donating a pound a ticket to those ****ers.

The goalie
03-01-2019, 10:34 AM
I was going to take the kids to this a few years ago but discovered a pound from every ticket sold went to hearts. So obviously couldn’t go. This was as they were just about to go down the plug hole. Was quite irritated at the time as I wanted to go and even now don’t think I would go. I know they would probably do the same for us and really it was just clever marketing but there was no way I was donating a pound a ticket to those ****ers.

That would not have been the Racers as this is their first season since 1995!

bingo70
03-01-2019, 10:37 AM

I got my ticket for this last night and was wondering about that.

I’ve not been in about 25-30 years and when I went it was murrayfield Racers, I heard they folded last year so was surprised to see them playing again this weekend? What’s happened there?

Have they reformed as The Murrayfield Racers?

derekduval
03-01-2019, 10:37 AM
Yeah thought I’d read about a change of team or name or something as I was replying but couldn’t be bothered looking it up cheers

Shrekko
03-01-2019, 11:18 AM
I got my ticket for this last night and was wondering about that.

I’ve not been in about 25-30 years and when I went it was murrayfield Racers, I heard they folded last year so was surprised to see them playing again this weekend? What’s happened there?

Have they reformed as The Murrayfield Racers?

They’ve not actually reformed - it’s a new club.

Edinburgh Capitals lost the rights to play hockey out of Murrayfield ice rink after being outbid by this new company driven by the Hand brothers.

Obviously they’ve also been able to gain the rights to use the Murrayfield Racers name but they were refused entry to the British Elite League despite the Caps having to withdraw (because they had no ice!).

That is the important thing to realise- the Racers now play in the Scottish National League and the NIHL (North) Cup (a competition involving some Scottish and Northern English clubs. It’s all local lads, compared to teams with 14 imports in the Elite League.

It’s the equivalent of dropping from the English Premiership to the Scottish Championship in football terms .....

bingo70
03-01-2019, 11:23 AM
They’ve not actually reformed - it’s a new club.

Edinburgh Capitals lost the rights to play hockey out of Murrayfield ice rink after being outbid by this new company driven by the Hand brothers.

Obviously they’ve also been able to gain the rights to use the Murrayfield Racers name but they were refused entry to the British Elite League despite the Caps having to withdraw (because they had no ice!).

That is the important thing to realise- the Racers now play in the Scottish National League and the NIHL (North) Cup (a competition involving some Scottish and Northern English clubs. It’s all local lads, compared to teams with 14 imports in the Elite League.

It’s the equivalent of dropping from the English Premiership to the Scottish Championship in football terms .....

Cheers.

In terms of the quality of ice hockey on display I’d say I’m not going to notice any difference considering I’ve got nothing to compare it against with me not seeing a match for so long. If they can all stay on their feet I’ll be suitably impressed.

Hopefully still a good nights entertainment for the boy though.

Shrekko
03-01-2019, 11:58 AM
Cheers.

In terms of the quality of ice hockey on display I’d say I’m not going to notice any difference considering I’ve got nothing to compare it against with me not seeing a match for so long. If they can all stay on their feet I’ll be suitably impressed.

Hopefully still a good nights entertainment for the boy though.

Fingers crossed you do- normally see a lot of passion at that level and there’s a few boys with decent ability who have played Elite. They’re playing for the love of the game.

Crowds are very poor and it is a big cold rink but hockey can be very addictive if you get a good early experience. Kirkcaldy isn’t far away if you want to see an Elite team ....😀

cookin_on_gaz
03-01-2019, 06:00 PM
I was going to take the kids to this a few years ago but discovered a pound from every ticket sold went to hearts. So obviously couldn’t go. This was as they were just about to go down the plug hole. Was quite irritated at the time as I wanted to go and even now don’t think I would go. I know they would probably do the same for us and really it was just clever marketing but there was no way I was donating a pound a ticket to those ****ers.Do they still donate money to Hearts? Interested in going along but don't want to be topping up the jambos cash cow.

Sent from my AGS-W09 using Tapatalk

SChibs
03-01-2019, 06:01 PM
Do they still donate money to Hearts? Interested in going along but don't want to be topping up the jambos cash cow.

Going as a one off is hardly gonna bankroll hearts to the league if it's only £1 ticket as a poster said above...

Billy Whizz
03-01-2019, 06:03 PM
Do they still donate money to Hearts? Interested in going along but don't want to be topping up the jambos cash cow.

That’s a new one for me

cookin_on_gaz
03-01-2019, 06:03 PM
I didn't say it would be a one off, and only asked a simple question.

cookin_on_gaz
03-01-2019, 06:05 PM
That’s a new one for meSo you would happily donate money to Hearts?

Saturday Boy
03-01-2019, 06:06 PM
It was Edinburgh Capitals that donated the money to Heart. The new team/ franchise is Murrayfield Racers. New ownership, new team.

SChibs
03-01-2019, 06:07 PM
It was Edinburgh Capitals that donated the money to Heart. The new team/ franchise is Murrayfield Racers. New ownership, new team.

Do they claim to be the same team and are they going for 55?

jodjam
03-01-2019, 06:07 PM
Went to Flyers v Racers cup tie years ago in Fife. I cheered a goal by Racers whilst sitting in home end. I was called a dirty southern b#%^rd 😂

derekduval
03-01-2019, 06:11 PM

I doubt they still donate especially if new team. Think it was at the time the piggy banks were being emptied and they saw it as a chance to show some solace and maybe get a few of them along. Also means if they looked like going tits up they could count on a decent support/wedge coming from them. However because of this I decided against ever going. I may review this if it’s a completely different setup.

cookin_on_gaz
03-01-2019, 06:12 PM
I doubt they still donate especially if new team. Think it was at the time the piggy banks were being emptied and they saw it as a chance to show some solace and maybe get a few of them along. Also means if they looked like going tits up they could count on a decent support/wedge coming from them. However because of this I decided against ever going. I may review this if it’s a completely different setup.Thank you

Bob1875
03-01-2019, 10:08 PM

That is very sad.

derekduval
04-01-2019, 03:10 AM
That is very sad.

Don’t worry mate we went to the cinema instead

SouthMoroccoStu
04-01-2019, 08:01 AM
Went to Flyers v Racers cup tie years ago in Fife. I cheered a goal by Racers whilst sitting in home end. I was called a dirty southern b#%^rd 😂

Lol brilliant

The goalie
04-01-2019, 03:20 PM
So you would happily donate money to Hearts?

totally different setup, indeed two of the owners are well Kent in these parts. Kenny McLean and Willie Dunn.

cookin_on_gaz
04-01-2019, 03:59 PM
Thanks for that. I saw the Fife Flyers a few times when I was younger and thoroughly enjoyed it. Hopefully Murrayfield will be a similar experience.

Shrekko
04-01-2019, 04:03 PM
Not that it matters now but pretty sure when the Caps donated to Hearts it was only via the tickets purchased by Hearts season ticket holders anyway.

The goalie
06-01-2019, 10:20 AM
Looking forward to this tonight. Should be a good turn out :) home fans on the left! Mon the racers!
Remember you need to get tickets on line!

bingo70
06-01-2019, 10:28 AM
Looking forward to this tonight. Should be a good turn out :) home fans on the left! Mon the racers!

Looking forward to it as well.

Am I right in saying it’ll be unallocated seating? I’ve got a text with my ticket on it but no seat numbers. Meeting a mate and his family up there and hoping to sit beside them. If I’ll be allocated a seat when going through the turnstile I’ll be as well waiting and meeting them outside. (Hope that makes sense).

Couple of other questions if that’s alright......

Is there a car park at the rink and if so am I best to use it or park in the surrounding streets?

Is there likely to be mass paggers on the rink? 😂

The goalie
06-01-2019, 10:32 AM
Looking forward to it as well.

Am I right in saying it’ll be unallocated seating? I’ve got a text with my ticket on it but no seat numbers. Meeting a mate and his family up there and hoping to sit beside them. If I’ll be allocated a seat when going through the turnstile I’ll be as well waiting and meeting them outside. (Hope that makes sense).

Couple of other questions if that’s alright......

Is there a car park at the rink and if so am I best to use it or park in the surrounding streets?

Is there likely to be mass paggers on the rink? 😂
Lots of parking there, it’s open seating so should be fine. There is a bar upstairs you could wait for your mate in (yes a bar!) it will be a tough hard fought game tonight :)

bingo70
06-01-2019, 10:39 AM
Lots of parking there, it’s open seating so should be fine. There is a bar upstairs you could wait for your mate in (yes a bar!) it will be a tough hard fought game tonight :)

Brilliant cheers.

I’ve just been showing the laddie some NHL fights on YouTube to get him excited and think he’s looking forward more to seeing some fights than the actual ice hockey. 😂

The goalie
06-01-2019, 10:45 AM
Brilliant cheers.

I’ve just been showing the laddie some NHL fights on YouTube to get him excited and think he’s looking forward more to seeing some fights than the actual ice hockey. 😂
A few goals and a wee disagreement in this game from a couple of weeks ago :)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9GhMuj9hHOE

cabbageandribs1875
06-01-2019, 10:46 AM

new morals

bingo70
06-01-2019, 10:04 PM
Thought it was a brilliant night tonight at the Ice Hockey.

Really exciting game (Racers won) and tremendous value. I won’t be giving up my season ticket for Easter Road just yet but i will be looking out for future fixtures when I’m at a loose end at the weekend.

The goalie
07-01-2019, 12:09 PM
Thought it was a brilliant night tonight at the Ice Hockey.

Really exciting game (Racers won) and tremendous value. I won’t be giving up my season ticket for Easter Road just yet but i will be looking out for future fixtures when I’m at a loose end at the weekend.

Hearing they are doing it again for this weekend.

The goalie
07-01-2019, 05:44 PM
Yup fill yer boots it’s on again! http://www.mracers.com/2019/01/07/ticket-offer-so-good-we-did-it-twice-and-added-rugby/

Billy Whizz
07-01-2019, 06:04 PM
Yup fill yer boots it’s on again! http://www.mracers.com/2019/01/07/ticket-offer-so-good-we-did-it-twice-and-added-rugby/

How many extra supporters did this initiative generate

The goalie
07-01-2019, 06:16 PM
How many extra supporters did this initiative generate

I read it was over 200

Billy Whizz
07-01-2019, 06:23 PM
I read it was over 200

That’s great, and hopefully some will go again

The goalie
07-01-2019, 06:39 PM

I think those that went enjoyed it. :)

The goalie
11-01-2019, 07:09 AM

Looks like a good game this week as well. Great stovies also :(

Pretty Boy
11-01-2019, 08:49 AM
What's the story with the Capitals demise?

I have a couple of mates who followed them home and away and they won't entertain supporting the Racers and have a real bitterness towards them. I know the Caps were in financial bother and lost their ice time but is there more to it than that? I saw a couple of their players who went on to sign for the Racers got some pretty vile abuse on Twitter a while back with thinly veiled accusations of underhand behaviour being thrown about.

Is it just guys, perhaps understandably, bitter that they have lost their team or is there a story beyond the story?

Jonnyboy
11-01-2019, 08:53 AM

I was there last Sunday, Billy and am heading back again this weekend. It’s great entertainment although I plan not to sit so near their drummers this time 🥅😂

Billy Whizz
11-01-2019, 02:51 PM
I was there last Sunday, Billy and am heading back again this weekend. It’s great entertainment although I plan not to sit so near their drummers this time 🥅😂

You mean you went along JB, and didn’t do a “This is how it feels”

The goalie
13-01-2019, 10:03 AM
You mean you went along JB, and didn’t do a “This is how it feels”

I’m sure he will this week :) tickets still on sale online for tonight’s game :)