PDA

View Full Version : Berra celebrations

JimBHibees
02-01-2019, 07:27 PM
Saw an article in the online news Berra saying he was inspired to win by the abuse he got from Hibs fans before the game.

Got to be said thought his actions were a joke on Saturday as were Smith's also. Fair enough to celebrate but the prolonged nature of it at the Hibs fans seemed well OTT.

Heisenberg
02-01-2019, 07:34 PM
Hopefully inspires our players to go to their place and do the same.

theonlywayisup
02-01-2019, 07:35 PM
Saw an article in the online news Berra saying he was inspired to win by the abuse he got from Hibs fans before the game.

Got to be said thought his actions were a joke on Saturday as were Smith's also. Fair enough to celebrate but the prolonged nature of it at the Hibs fans seemed well OTT.

I noticed that as well at the end of the game, similar at the game post split at Tiny.

However, as bad as that was, it was the total lack of respect for his fellow football professionals that I noticed. You watch any game in the EPL and all players go round every other player and give them all all a good handshake. Not Berra, after goading the Hibs fans in the FFL and East, he then made a direct line to the Hertz fans in the south. He had to stop his run to backtrack and shake hands with the ref and a couple of Hibs players before continuing his "we've just won the World Cup" celebrations.

The man deserves no respect.

JimboHibs
02-01-2019, 07:35 PM

Did it upset you ?

we are hibs
02-01-2019, 07:44 PM
Don't know why people are getting so wound up about it. Swanson and Bartley had a wee go at the hearts fans at the end of the derby in March. Don't see much wrong with it tbh. What football and rivalries are about. Hibs fans will be quick enough to remind him of his celebrations the next time we gub them

Sir David Gray
02-01-2019, 07:50 PM
If I had been a Hibs player on the pitch on Saturday and watching him celebrating like that in front of my team's fans, he wouldn't have been doing that for very long.

The Modfather
02-01-2019, 07:55 PM
There was a cretin in the East Stand who hit the linesman with a lighter near the end of the game. A lady in the row behind him was trying to get a photo of his face, hope she did and he gets banned.

The same cretin then ran down to the front of the stand when Berra was celebrating and was screaming in a stewards face about it. Poor from Berra, he should just have thrown a lighter at us rather than celebrate a derby win.

BullsCloseHibs
02-01-2019, 07:58 PM
Quite pathetic in that it shows you the level he decided to stop at. Once a budding Championship player, probably hoping for a big EPL move, now, an average SPL player who clearly indicates that this average Hibs team are his benchmark. Wow!
Let's not forget the masterclass the mighty Livingston showed him two weeks ago too 😁

3pm
02-01-2019, 08:00 PM
Who cares?!

snedzuk
02-01-2019, 08:01 PM
Prior to kick off with the teams lined up I noticed Berra applauded to all 4 stands then he took the time to shake hands with the Hibs team and each and every mascot – I doubt he turnedinto the Anti Christ during the next 90 mins but I dare say he got some stickso if he celebrates then fine – just like Christian Nade giving us the 5-1 atDumbarton after taking dogs abuse and some of our own fans then foaming at themouth at him.

If Hibs don’t like Hearts celebrations the way to stop it isto win the derby.

Crazyhorse
02-01-2019, 08:50 PM
If I had been a Hibs player on the pitch on Saturday and watching him celebrating like that in front of my team's fans, he wouldn't have been doing that for very long.

I remember Yogi doing the same thing at Tiny. To be honest I'm more concerned about our fairly feeble derby showing over the majority of the game. They are utter garbage and were lucky to win with us hitting the woodwork twice but we also contrived to make it easy for them with a poor showing in what was our most important match of the season to date.

The Spaceman
02-01-2019, 08:58 PM
If we won at Tynecastle and Ryan Porteous strolled over roaring with celebration, we would all be calling him a total legend for it. Get over it. It's a game. Our time will come to do the same.

The 90+2
02-01-2019, 09:02 PM
Quite pathetic in that it shows you the level he decided to stop at. Once a budding Championship player, probably hoping for a big EPL move, now, an average SPL player who clearly indicates that this average Hibs team are his benchmark. Wow!
Let's not forget the masterclass the mighty Livingston showed him two weeks ago too 😁

He played in the Premiership?

Nobody remember Jason Cummings?

Weegreenman
02-01-2019, 09:04 PM
What it’s all about for me. Couldn’t give a flying **** how much he celebrated or who he celebrated at. They just won an away derby ffs!!!!

It should give our lads the inspiration to go to their place and do the same thing, except it probably won’t.......and there lies the problem!

02-01-2019, 09:07 PM
I quite enjoy how much we get to them.

Diclonius
02-01-2019, 09:10 PM
Hearts player celebrates in front of Hibs fans shocker.

Good on him. He won a derby, he's entitled to rub it in our faces. I look forward to when we next win at Tynecastle so our players can do it.

Hibeesmad
02-01-2019, 09:30 PM
I thought it was quite funny how much we must of got to him

500miles
02-01-2019, 09:30 PM
Looks like he brushes his teeth with a mash hammer.

lyonhibs
02-01-2019, 10:00 PM
Meh. He was getting it right up us, and fair enough. We want Hibs players to have the desire to go out in derbies and noise them right up after wins, especially away, so we can't really get too triggered when they do it to us.

Shrekko
02-01-2019, 10:11 PM
He wasn’t doing much - it happens all the time and he’s pretty much entitled to as long as there’s nothing too provocative. We give them dogs abuse.

3pm
02-01-2019, 10:25 PM
Rather than worrying about his celebrations, we should stop launching the ball in the direction of his head every derby.

Every game. Brutal.

NAE NOOKIE
02-01-2019, 11:30 PM
I cant say I noticed the wee scamps attempts to noise up the Hibs fans … but so what, its what Hearts do isn't it, they celebrated to a man as if they had just won the league from what I saw, and lets face it, it was better than having their own fans screaming 'DUG SHEEYTE' at them so no wonder they went a bit OTT :greengrin

As Mr Levin will testify in these games what goes around tends to come around … it wont be that long before there's a thread like this on sickbag moaning about Ryan Porteous or some other Hibs worthy doing the same thing :aok:

Brooster
02-01-2019, 11:37 PM
Rather than worrying about his celebrations, we should stop launching the ball in the direction of his head every derby.

Every game. Brutal.

Correct. Aye he milked it but why shouldn't he? I can't stand him but he earned the right. Let's do the same to him next time. Shows how soft some folk on here are if they are complaining about them celebrating on our patch.

Criswell
03-01-2019, 12:14 AM
Even in victory you can still show a little dignity and respect.

Diclonius
03-01-2019, 12:17 AM
Even in victory you can still show a little dignity and respect.

Nah. If I scored in the derby in the last minute at ER, I'd run the full length of the pitch and celebrate in front of the Hearts fans. Rivalry is all about winding each other up.

Connollys11
03-01-2019, 12:56 AM
It's a derby, he's a hearts man would you expect anything else? Long live the hatred.

Connollys11
03-01-2019, 12:58 AM
Nah. If I scored in the derby in the last minute at ER, I'd run the full length of the pitch and celebrate in front of the Hearts fans. Rivalry is all about winding each other up.

Exactly mate haha canny believe folk are moaning about this like mega cringe.

Pete
03-01-2019, 02:58 AM
Sportsman in “inspired by opposition fans” shocker.

Nameless
03-01-2019, 05:30 AM
Nah. If I scored in the derby in the last minute at ER, I'd run the full length of the pitch and celebrate in front of the Hearts fans. Rivalry is all about winding each other up.Just like Benji (not the last minute, I know).

Sent from my G3311 using Tapatalk

JimBHibees
03-01-2019, 07:14 AM
Did it upset you ?

Not anymore than the rest of the day however think there is a difference between one or two fist pumps rather than walking the length of the pitch doing it to the opposition fans. When you get players getting yellow for going anywhere near opposition fans when scoring a goal it does seem a little odd that he is able to openly goad opposition fans for a prolonged time. Nothing at all to do with being soft just think there are ways of doing things and a certain responsibility is with players especially captains bearing in mind the apparent heightening of tensions in this game.

CorrieHibs
03-01-2019, 07:55 AM
I wish some of our players had his passion.

Celebrating with his fans who paid good money to see their team win in their rivals stadium. Don’t see anything wrong with it.

superfurryhibby
03-01-2019, 08:10 AM
Quite bizarre that anyone could get their knickers in a twist about Berra’s celebrations. Big game and a big victory for them, why wouldn’t he give it plenty?

The sight of a grown man screaming obscenities whilst exiting the West with their 10 year son was far more disturbing for me.

Stuart93
03-01-2019, 08:56 AM
Don’t see the problem with it, remember benji running the length of the pitch to celebrate in front of hearts fans after he scored at ER.

Far too many snowflakes. Like someone’s said I wish our players had shown as much passion as that during the game.

Let’s hope Ryan Porteous will be standing doing it in front of their shiney new stand later this season, it would be our first win there in 6 years 🙄

Danderhall Hibs
03-01-2019, 09:39 AM

Aye but you’d get smashed with a coin.

where'stheslope
03-01-2019, 10:35 AM
Aye but you’d get smashed with a coin.
And if at Easter Road and a linesman, you get hit with a lighter????
People seem to regress to kindergarten when attending football matches, and if its a derby it gets worse!!!!!!!

I'm Spartacus
03-01-2019, 10:46 AM
Come on! The best moments for me were Leigh sliding in front of them in celebration, Derbys are all about getting it up each other, my only issue is when it crosses the line of players and fans not being safe.

Spike Mandela
03-01-2019, 11:09 AM
Just ignore the celebrations and leave, that’s what I do after a defeat. Just let them get on with it, changes nothing in the scheme of things.

When we win, enjoy it to the full.

SirDavidsNapper
03-01-2019, 01:23 PM
They hadn't won at Easter Road in 4-5 years. 5 straight defeats. I'd expect our captain to go a bit nuts if it was the other way around

Diclonius
03-01-2019, 01:29 PM
Just ignore the celebrations and leave, that’s what I do after a defeat. Just let them get on with it, changes nothing in the scheme of things.

When we win, enjoy it to the full.

Yup. Always felt the way the fans interact with each other in derbies is its own separate "game". If their team is winning, and they wind you up and you react, they "win".

Danderhall Hibs
03-01-2019, 01:47 PM
And if at Easter Road and a linesman, you get hit with a lighter????
People seem to regress to kindergarten when attending football matches, and if its a derby it gets worse!!!!!!!

Why was the linesman celebrating?

Keith_M
03-01-2019, 01:52 PM
Sorry, but why shouldn't the guy celebrate however he likes? Winning a derby is reason enough but f he'd been getting abuse, then what's the problem with him giving it back.

Try to imagine the reverse scenario, where maybe Kamberi scored the winner at Tynecastle. We would have loved it.

blackpoolhibs
03-01-2019, 02:03 PM
Correct. Aye he milked it but why shouldn't he? I can't stand him but he earned the right. Let's do the same to him next time. Shows how soft some folk on here are if they are complaining about them celebrating on our patch.

Exactly, i'd love it if we had a player who would give them the GTF message after we'd won at Tynie.

heidtheba
03-01-2019, 02:09 PM
Fine by me. The more pantomime villains in the fixture, the better. It makes the whole thing a lot more exciting and a damned site more enjoyable when we win!
As long as he's not doing anything offensive (clutching his nads like the wee guy who - I think - scored the opener in the comeback cup derby in 2016), then all is well from me.

eastcoasthibby
03-01-2019, 03:45 PM
Dignity and respect doesnt win football matches, desire and committment, with a bit of passion goes a long way to helping your team succeed. We have very few that show any real passion to win and give their all, so I would much rather see our players acting like Berra ..after doing the business to help us win games.

Here’s Lucy!
03-01-2019, 05:54 PM
Hearts player celebrates in front of Hibs fans shocker.

Good on him. He won a derby, he's entitled to rub it in our faces. I look forward to when we next win at Tynecastle so our players can do it.

This.

NL would have been doing something similar if we had won, I don't really see that he did much wrong actually. Maybe went on a bit long but it was the New Year derby after all. Would love to see our captain doing the same, for the same reason, at Tiny.

emerald green
03-01-2019, 06:21 PM
Berra is so like his manager, Potter. A fanny.

Connollys11
03-01-2019, 06:25 PM
Exactly, i'd love it if we had a player who would give them the GTF message after we'd won at Tynie.

We need a riordan type like hopefully big porteous takes over the giuy mantle

Radium
03-01-2019, 06:27 PM
... be nice to continue the badinage at the next derby with a meaningful version of ‘ Berra, Berra, what’s the score ‘ (rip off of the Archie’s coat song)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

theonlywayisup
04-01-2019, 07:40 AM
I'm beginning to think that Hibs.net has been infiltrated by a large core of Yam supporters.

We have countless threads slagging of our own players as not good enough, verbally abusing them after a misplaced pass or a weak tackle. Many threads that seem designed to point-score against our manager or our club. Yet many seem quite supportive of the actions of the oppositions captain in winding up the Hibees fans.

The man is an arse, end off.

Danderhall Hibs
04-01-2019, 07:46 AM
I'm beginning to think that Hibs.net has been infiltrated by a large core of Yam supporters.

We have countless threads slagging of our own players as not good enough, verbally abusing them after a misplaced pass or a weak tackle. Many threads that seem designed to point-score against our manager or our club. Yet many seem quite supportive of the actions of the oppositions captain in winding up the Hibees fans.

It’s a bit backward - seems we do whataboutery in reverse to everyone else.

Pretty Boy
04-01-2019, 07:50 AM
Football fans are funny.

Scream abuse at, sing songs about and boo and jeer opposition players for 90+ minutes and it's 'part of the game'. Guy gives a bit back and a few want 'action taken'. It's been going on for years too. I remember Boruc sticking a finger up at the old East after he'd taken abuse about a mistake all game. The reaction after was like he had slaughtered somebodies Granny.

Some folk need to toughen up a bit.

ac1
04-01-2019, 08:10 AM

Totally agree - think there is a few Jambo's undercover on here

we are hibs
04-01-2019, 08:50 AM

Or maybe people just see it for what it is. A part of the game. He celebrated a win and had a go at hibs fans. So What? Were you on your moral high horse when Swanson done the same at the end of the derby in march? Thought not. Get over yourself.

Danderhall Hibs
04-01-2019, 09:33 AM
Or maybe people just see it for what it is. A part of the game. He celebrated a win and had a go at hibs fans. So What? Were you on your moral high horse when Swanson done the same at the end of the derby in march? Thought not. Get over yourself.

Some folk were - there were folk on here that said Lennon had a part to play in getting hit by a coin.