PDA

View Full Version : Hibs for sale

Greenworld
02-01-2019, 09:36 AM
Are Hibs still open to bids to buy out the club.
There was talk of an Irish consortium lately just wondered what people's thoughts were and if anyone knew anything of notes of interest from anyone else.
Just get the feeling it's time for fresh new megabucks owners to take the club forward to next level.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

GloryGlory
02-01-2019, 09:40 AM
There was talk of an Irish consortium lately just wondered what people's thoughts were and if anyone knew anything of notes of interest from anyone else.
Just get the feeling it's time for fresh new megabucks owners to take the club forward to next level.

I would think the 30%+ supporter-shareholders would have something to say. There's no millionaire that ever got rich and stayed rich by investing their own money in a football club.

I would treat anyone promising to buy Hibs and "invest" in the club with the contents of several Siberian salt mines, TBH.

Michael
02-01-2019, 09:42 AM
Don't really see how new owners would improve us. They could certainly make us worse off though.

lyonhibs
02-01-2019, 09:44 AM
If anyone knows trustworthy millionaires who are desperate to chuck money at a medium sized Scottish football club, you can always pass on Rod's details.

I don't see it myself to be honest.

bigwheel
02-01-2019, 09:48 AM
I'm sure Hibs are always for sale to the right offer....we saw what happened to Hearts when they sold their soul to the Lithuanian criminal...I'd rather we keep with the devil we know...tbh, under their current stewardship our club is in a healthy state..just need to get the football team back on track now ! [emoji120]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

scuttle
02-01-2019, 09:52 AM

Was it you who won last nights 115 million on the Euro draw?

nonshinyfinish
02-01-2019, 09:57 AM
Was it you who won last nights 115 million on the Euro draw?

Will need more than that – 115 million would barely cover filling in the corners, the helipad and the 200 foot statue of David Gray in Cristo Redentor pose.

Greenworld
02-01-2019, 10:21 AM
I'm sure Hibs are always for sale to the right offer....we saw what happened to Hearts when they sold their soul to the Lithuanian criminal...I'd rather we keep with the devil we know...tbh, under their current stewardship our club is in a healthy state..just need to get the football team back on track now ! [emoji120]

Sent from my iPad using TapatalkYes you need to be careful however we also need to move forward and things are becoming stale under the current owners.
I've no bone to pick with them by the way it's no witch hunt just feel we need fresh impetus from the top.
They have done a great job stabilising and building the infrastructure almost like the guy at celtic did years back but then moved on.

Viva_Palmeiras
02-01-2019, 10:31 AM
Abramhovic “money” is in the form of a loan right?
Just sayin’

matty_f
02-01-2019, 10:54 AM
I would hope we're for sale - I know the fans can buy a large chunk of the club but I would hope that if the right offer came in then STF would give it careful consideration.

Not all potential owners are Romanovs in the making, there are (I suspect) people out there who would want to own the club and have not only our best interests at heart but also the ambition to try and push us on a bit.

We should certainly be open to the idea.

Eyrie
02-01-2019, 11:01 AM
The key is getting the right offer. Remember Farmer refused to sell to Brian Kennedy a number of years ago, which turned out to be the right decision.

Jones28
02-01-2019, 11:07 AM
Farmer has always said the club is for sale to right buyer.

Is his son not a bit more enthusiastic about football and Hibs?

bigwheel
02-01-2019, 11:13 AM

Certainly not - not interested in football at all...

SouthMoroccoStu
02-01-2019, 11:13 AM

Yeah heard this before

Hibernia&Alba
02-01-2019, 11:14 AM
Somebody had tohttp://fabfour.de/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/cover.jpg

Bishop Hibee
02-01-2019, 11:15 AM

His grandson is I believe.

CMurdoch
02-01-2019, 12:56 PM
Somebody had tohttp://fabfour.de/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/cover.jpg

Even that one didn't last long before being broken up!

CMurdoch
02-01-2019, 12:59 PM
I would treat anyone promising to buy Hibs and "invest" in the club with the contents of several Siberian salt mines.

Snap!

Keith_M
02-01-2019, 01:21 PM
There's a difference between actively seeking to sell and willing to sell to the right person. I believe STF's shares in the club have been in the latter category for quite a while.

Anybody that thinks some generous benefactor is going to come into the club and splash the cash is delusional. We need to maximise revenue as much as we can, but our finances aren't going to suddenly increase any time soon.

ColintonHibs
02-01-2019, 01:31 PM
Would love to see Hibs become publicly owned on the stock exchange.

Look at Celtic’s success
Man United
Juventus
Ajax

I believe that being publicly traded makes people abroad invest in the company. This means that investors want the club to succeed. I think that this is why the clubs above have seen so much support around the world. Would benefit Hibs and the spl tremendously.

I remember when we were sold “shares” of hibs a couple of years ago. I warned investors that they wouldn’t really own a piece of the club and it was a money making scheme. I was shut down as a yam by the majority. Didn’t want to watch you get scammed for a piece of paper with with no resale value but people thought it was a good investment

DarlingtonHibee
02-01-2019, 01:32 PM
There will be plans in place, come the time.

We are never going to splash millions, or sell to a dodgy owner.

We have however have long term security as a club.

danhibees1875
02-01-2019, 01:34 PM

Look at Celtic’s success
Man United
Juventus
Ajax

I believe that being publicly traded makes people abroad invest in the company. This means that investors want the club to succeed. I think that this is why the clubs above have seen so much support around the world. Would benefit Hibs and the spl tremendously.

I remember when we were sold “shares” of hibs a couple of years ago. I warned investors that they wouldn’t really own a piece of the club and it was a money making scheme. I was shut down as a yam by the majority. Didn’t want to watch you get scammed for a piece of paper with with no resale value but people thought it was a good investment

A pie a year at the AGM isn't the worst RoI. :aok:

JimboHibs
02-01-2019, 01:35 PM

The next level.... what is the next level ?

Lago
02-01-2019, 01:35 PM
I would doubt that Scottish football is at all attractive to an outsider. What could they possibly gain from it ?

DarlingtonHibee
02-01-2019, 01:36 PM
A pie a year at the AGM isn't the worst RoI. :aok:

I had two pies 😂

Hibernia&Alba
02-01-2019, 01:40 PM
The next level.... what is the next level ?

A title challenge or making the Europa League groups would be massive.

ballengeich
02-01-2019, 01:42 PM

Look at Celtic’s success
Man United
Juventus
Ajax

Investors in a public company want profit. The best way to achieve this from a publicly listed Hibernian would be to shut down the football operation then sell the property the company owns. I didn't want that for us when Mercer tried and I still don't.

NAE NOOKIE
02-01-2019, 02:16 PM
We should always be open to offers. But after more than a quarter of a century under the same ownership even I'm beginning to think that offer will never come.

One thing is for sure, with the club heading slowly ( very slowly ) towards 51% fan ownership the prospect of attracting a new owner with long arms and short pockets becomes more and more unlikely. As I've said many times, zillionaires want to own football clubs as much as anything for the bragging rights, like having a mansion a yacht or a Ferrari … what self respecting zillionaire wants to own 49% of a mansion a yacht or a Ferrari …. or a club like Hibs … Man Utd maybe, but not us.

That's why my initial enthusiasm over fan ownership has cooled over the last few years. The 51% model works fine in Germany where clubs have massive fan bases, the league has a massive TV deal and corporate sponsors are happy to chuck in millions. But with the slow growth of HSL and the purchase of private shares by individuals practically at exhaustion it looks like by the time 51% is achieved that 51% will be in the hands of about 3000 people, many of whom will be HSL members and individual shareholders as well, so saying there are 2000 HSL members and X amount of individual shareholders doesn't give a true figure of how many actual shareholders there are, because as I say a lot of folk are both.

What possible financial input can 3000 mostly ordinary men and women come up with? Just to raise a million quid they would have to put in just over £333 each. For that reason it would be far better if supporters controlled enough of the club to protect it from asset strippers, but not enough to prevent a prospective buyer from saying he is at least owns over 50%

So far as the clubs situation now goes, its beginning to look like we have hit our first downward curve since May 2016 and what happens next could define us for the next few years. Its valid to say that the mechanics of hauling an ailing and bottom of the barrel club back to where it is now are very different from what it takes to elevate us from here to the next level …. that level being at least one cup final every 3 seasons and regular European football.

That is the challenge now facing Leeann Dempster and of course Rod Petrie and STF who at the end of the day control the purse strings … They will never endanger the club by spending money it doesn't have, but they must show an ability to spend what money we do have wisely and the balls to realise that it was a failure to at least not recognise that pushing the boat out now and again was what at least in part got us into a mess in the first place. Would that few hundred quid a week which ( allegedly ) would have secured Hibs the signature of Adam Rooney over Aberdeen have saved us from relegation and the millions of pounds in lost revenue that ultimately cost us? There's no guarantee that signing him would have saved us … but we sure as hell know that failing to do so didn't.

As for the attendances beginning to drop ….. IMO that's already beginning to happen and I don't think there's much Hibs can do to stop it. For me the huge crowds in relation to past decades were always a temporary phenomenon and irrespective of the clubs performance on the park they were always going to drop back to a more realistic level. If we can hold on to an actual average of 13,000 or so with between 10 and 11 thousand season ticket holders, that will still be an enormous step up from decade after decade of 9 and 10 thousand averages .. do that and it will be 'job done' in that department.

So …. for us to move forward and fulfill the clubs potential here's the list:

Consistent European qualification and 3 or 4 cup finals a decade … that's out of 20 attempts, so a reasonable ask IMO.
An average attendance of at least 13,000 every season.
A full sized indoor training facility at East Mains …. Already in the pipeline if Leeann Dempster is to be believed.
Do everything we can to attract and develop our own young talent … The benefits of which are obvious if we get it right.
A fully enclosed stadium with all 4 stands tied together … making the atmosphere better and the ground far more intimidating for visiting teams.

I realise the last one is way down the list of priorities for a lot of fans … but its part of the whole long term package and to dismiss it completely is as much an abdication of ambition for the club as ignoring its needs on the pitch would be.

Now … where's that zillionaire :greengrin

Billy Whizz
02-01-2019, 02:17 PM
We should always be open to offers. But after more than a quarter of a century under the same ownership even I'm beginning to think that offer will never come.

One thing is for sure, with the club heading slowly ( very slowly ) towards 51% fan ownership the prospect of attracting a new owner with long arms and short pockets becomes more and more unlikely. As I've said many times, zillionaires want to own football clubs as much as anything for the bragging rights, like having a mansion a yacht or a Ferrari … what self respecting zillionaire wants to own 49% of a mansion a yacht or a Ferrari …. or a club like Hibs … Man Utd maybe, but not us.

That's why my initial enthusiasm over fan ownership has cooled over the last few years. The 51% model works fine in Germany where clubs have massive fan bases, the league has a massive TV deal and corporate sponsors are happy to chuck in millions. But with the slow growth of HSL and the purchase of private shares by individuals practically at exhaustion it looks like by the time 51% is achieved that 51% will be in the hands of about 3000 people, many of whom will be HSL members and individual shareholders as well, so saying there are 2000 HSL members and X amount of individual shareholders doesn't give a true figure of how many actual shareholders there are, because as I say a lot of folk are both.

What possible financial input can 3000 mostly ordinary men and women come up with? Just to raise a million quid they would have to put in £333 each. For that reason it would be far better if supporters controlled enough of the club to protect it from asset strippers, but not enough to prevent a prospective buyer from saying he is at least owns over 50%

So far as the clubs situation now goes, its beginning to look like we have hit our first downward curve since May 2016 and what happens next could define us for the next few years. Its a valid to say that the mechanics of hauling an ailing and bottom of the barrel club back to where it is now are very different from what it takes to elevate us from here to the next level …. that level being at least one cup final every 3 seasons and regular European football.

That is the challenge now facing Leeann Dempster and of course Rod Petrie and STF who at the end of the day control the purse strings … They will never endanger the club by spending money it doesn't have, but they must show an ability to spend what money we do have wisely and the balls to realise that it was a failure to at least not recognise that pushing the boat out now and again was what at least in part got us into a mess in the first place. Would that few hundred quid a week which ( allegedly ) would have secured Hibs the signature of Adam Rooney over Aberdeen have saved us from relegation and the millions of pounds in lost revenue that ultimately cost us? There's no guarantee that signing him would have saved us … but we sure as hell know that failing to do so didn't.

As for the attendances beginning to drop ….. IMO that's already beginning to happen and I don't think there's much Hibs can do to stop it. For me the huge crowds in relation to past decades were always a temporary phenomenon and irrespective of the clubs performance on the park they were always going to drop back to a more realistic level. If we can hold on to an actual average of 13,000 or so with between 10 and 11 thousand season ticket holders, that will still be an enormous step up from decade after decade of 9 and 10 thousand averages .. do that and it will be 'job done' in that department.

So …. for us to move forward and fulfill the clubs potential here's the list:

Consistent European qualification and 3 or 4 cup finals a decade … that's out of 20 attempts, so a reasonable ask IMO.
An average attendance of at least 13,000 every season.
A full sized indoor training facility at East Mains …. Already in the pipeline if Leeann Dempster is to be believed.
Do everything we can to attract and develop our own young talent … The benefits of which are obvious if we get it right.
A fully enclosed stadium with all 4 stands tied together … making the atmosphere better and the ground far more intimidating for visiting teams.

I realise the last one is way down the list of priorities for a lot of fans … but its part of the whole long term package and to dismiss it completely is as much an abdication of ambition for the club as ignoring its needs on the pitch would be.

Now … where's that zillionaire :greengrin

NN, thought Fan ownership can only get 49%?

Keith_M
02-01-2019, 02:30 PM
I'm thinking of buying Hibs and relocating them.

Would that be OK with everybody?

:dunno:

CropleyWasGod
02-01-2019, 02:38 PM

Look at Celtic’s success
Man United
Juventus
Ajax

Nobody who posted on here thought that buying shares was a good investment. Everybody knew that it was a contribution, nothing more. Most people had to get IFA advice, after all.

As for going public, how did it go last time we were owned by a PLC?

Keith_M
02-01-2019, 02:47 PM
Nobody who posted on here thought that buying shares was a good investment. Everybody knew that it was a contribution, nothing more. Most people had to get IFA advice, after all.

As for going public, how did it go last time we were owned by a PLC?

:agree:

Is It On....
02-01-2019, 02:52 PM

Look at Celtic’s success
Man United
Juventus
Ajax

I bought shares from the crooks in the late 80s who then spanked the money on Wiltshire leisure facilities. Others were involved in stopping Wallet Mercenary dismantling our club and Tom Farmer ultimately gave my worthless shares some value. Whilst the footballing side has had it's high and low points we also have him (and the fans) to thank for our financial stability since. The purchase of Hibs shares in recent years should, in my opinion, be viewed as a donation but, unlike our neighbours, we actually own a bit of our club.

NAE NOOKIE
02-01-2019, 03:26 PM

Look at Celtic’s success
Man United
Juventus
Ajax

I'm confused mate. You start by saying you think its a good idea to float the club on the stock exchange and end by saying what a bad idea it is :dunno:

If you warned investors that they wouldn't own a piece of the club if they bought shares then I presume your day to day life doesn't consist of employment as a financial adviser or stockbroker, because that's exactly what it does.

Even back in the 90s, or with the first share issue this time, nobody who bought shares thought for a second they were making an investment, not unless they were spectacularly optimistic, spectacularly stupid, or both. But when you buy shares in anything you own a part of it, that's what shares are, so it doesn't matter a toss what the motive is behind a football club or any other business making a share issue, the fact is that they are selling an interest in the business, which by definition makes anybody buying shares a part owner in the business … even if like me that entitles you to a share in the club equivalent to the value of a light fitting in the groundsmans portacabin.

Floating the club in the 90s was a decent idea which backfired spectacularly. If any good came of it, it was that we learned a valuable lesson and one that a lot of other clubs going down the same route need to take on board. Because the amount of shares any one person can purchase in this issue is limited to £140,000 I think it is, no one can gain control of the club by purchasing all the shares on offer and a large chunk of the club will be in the hands of its supporters …. that makes a Mercer style attempt at gaining control of the club to its detriment neigh on impossible.

That aside, I'm far from convinced that the clubs you have quoted above success can be in any way attributed to their public flotation. Celtic were hugely successful well before shares became widely available as were Man Utd and Ajax … and Juventus are backed by the massive Fiat car company, which has enabled them to remain a giant of European football, even through times in the not too distant past when their crowds were barely better than what Hibs get now.

NAE NOOKIE
02-01-2019, 03:45 PM
NN, thought Fan ownership can only get 49%?

No, 51% is the aim as stated by Hibs at the time of the share flotation. In an ideal world something like 5 to 10 thousand people would have bought into it quickly giving the club a wide fan ownership. As it is for the reasons stated on here a hundred times take up has been slow and as a result what will happen is that 51% of the club will eventually end up in the hands of between 3 and 4 thousand fans through individual share ownership and membership of HSL.

That isn't enough to make the fans much of a financial asset so far as their ability to pump money into the club in a single transaction goes. Which is why once the shares have finally all been purchased, whenever that is, HSL will move from being an organisation which exists solely to purchase shares in Hibs to an organisation which exists to attract members whose purpose is to inject money into the club they support for no other reward than to see it survive and hopefully prosper.

That is in reality already under way as a lot of folk who have signed up to HSL fully intend to continue with their contributions even after they have paid in enough to become members ( £200 or so I think it is ) and even after there are no more shares left for HSL to purchase. I am one of them .. I signed up and then forgot about it, that contribution will continue until either my financial circumstances change or I'm hit by the proverbial bus :greengrin

NAE NOOKIE
02-01-2019, 04:19 PM

Only if its to a brand new stadium smack bang in the middle of Leith Links ………….. how cool would that be :greengrin

Keith_M
02-01-2019, 04:27 PM
Only if its to a brand new stadium smack bang in the middle of Leith Links ………….. how cool would that be :greengrin

Well I'll see what I can do but I can't promise anything...

Sammy7nil
02-01-2019, 05:50 PM

Look at Celtic’s success
Man United
Juventus
Ajax

Hibs have lot in common with those four clubs :greengrin:wink:

Pretty Boy
02-01-2019, 05:56 PM
I would hope we're for sale - I know the fans can buy a large chunk of the club but I would hope that if the right offer came in then STF would give it careful consideration.

Not all potential owners are Romanovs in the making, there are (I suspect) people out there who would want to own the club and have not only our best interests at heart but also the ambition to try and push us on a bit.

We should certainly be open to the idea.

This.

I think people sometimes forget there is a potential middle ground between where we are now and 'Romanov'.

linlithgowhibbie
02-01-2019, 06:11 PM
Sorry Nae Nookie, but you want us to fill in the corners but would be happy with 13000ish crowds,,,, bit of a waste of plenty million quid to do that!

PS generally agree with most of what you write,:agree:

HoboHarry
02-01-2019, 06:15 PM
Every club in the world is for sale if a price can be agreed....

hibby6270
02-01-2019, 09:03 PM

Look at Celtic’s success
Man United
Juventus
Ajax

I’m quite happy with my framed “piece of paper” hanging on my wall, in the knowledge I personally own a minuscule part of Hibernian FC Ltd.
I know I was only donating funds to the club. No expectancy of it ever being paid back either.

Greenworld
02-01-2019, 09:55 PM
The next level.... what is the next level ?The level above our current status.

JimboHibs
02-01-2019, 10:02 PM
The level above our current status.

What level is that 7th ?

macca70
02-01-2019, 10:04 PM
If anyone knows trustworthy millionaires who are desperate to chuck money at a medium sized Scottish football club, you can always pass on Rod's details.

I don't see it myself to be honest.

It just happened with Dundee United,

American millionaire has bought them and cleared the debt.

I think the guy owns 4 lower league Baseball and Ice Hockey teams in USA.

Not totally sure what his motives are for getting involved in Scottish Football but he must be serious to spend a few million buying a club.

DarlingtonHibee
02-01-2019, 10:08 PM

Not totally sure what his motives are for getting involved in Scottish Football but he must be serious to spend a few million buying a club.

Stf would want to understand where the money is coming from.

He won't want to come back and sort out another mess like last time.

DarlingtonHibee
02-01-2019, 10:12 PM

Easy to pay off debts.

I think stf would want to know the source of the money, and a very robust business plan.

macca70
02-01-2019, 10:15 PM
Easy to pay off debts.

I think stf would want to know the source of the money, and a very robust business plan.

Pay off debt and pay the current owner 1 million.

Money made from oil in USA, obviously anyone with the clubs best interest would only sell if they felt the club was going into good hands. Unless they were desperate to offload the club.

DarlingtonHibee
02-01-2019, 10:20 PM
I think you're being a bit niave.

Hearts rangers man utd Newcastle etc....

Scotty Leither
02-01-2019, 10:31 PM
If the club build this rumoured indoor hall at East Mains, would that bump up the purchase price for the club?

If it does go ahead, then I'm finding myself in broad agreement with the general thrust of Nae Nookie's original post; that Hibernian FC as an entity is becoming too expensive for any group or individual to purchase outright.

NAE NOOKIE
02-01-2019, 10:51 PM
If the club build this rumoured indoor hall at East Mains, would that bump up the purchase price for the club?

If it does go ahead, then I'm finding myself in broad agreement with the general thrust of Nae Nookie's original post; that Hibernian FC as an entity is becoming too expensive for any group or individual to purchase outright.

I'm not sure about being too expensive to buy outright mate .. to a lot of folk the purchase price would be peanuts. What I meant was that for the sort of folk who have that kind of money owning 49% of anything isn't acceptable … they want it all or nothing and a club where fans own 51% will never be for them.

NAE NOOKIE
02-01-2019, 11:03 PM
Sorry Nae Nookie, but you want us to fill in the corners but would be happy with 13000ish crowds,,,, bit of a waste of plenty million quid to do that!

PS generally agree with most of what you write,:agree:

As a solid base sustained over a few seasons to prove that its a level we are unlikely to drop below barring a serious run of poor seasons, that is what I believe is a realistic hope on the back of two seasons of 18 and 17 thousand averages, which we are never going to stay at barring an incredible run of league form and cup wins.

As I recall we raised the stadium capacity to 20,000 plus on the back of a number of seasons where we came nowhere close to an average anywhere near that …. I was not suggesting upping the stadiums capacity by any more than a few hundred by filling in the corners anyway, I want to see the stadium fully enclosed including extending the roofs of the end stands closer to the goal lines to give it a better atmosphere and more intimate feel .. its not about increasing capacity .. if we ever seriously get to that stage we can always build a third tier on the west stand :greengrin

cocteautwin
03-01-2019, 03:37 AM
Taking our near neighbours as an example, they've had over £22m (and rising) of extraneous cash thrown at their project in the last 5 1/2 years. Do you think this is money well spent? They've won one less trophy than us in the last 5 years.

I'll take the slow and steady, living within our means style of business over throwing pointless amounts of money at it, thank you very much.

Greenworld
03-01-2019, 06:12 AM
Taking our near neighbours as an example, they've had over £22m (and rising) of extraneous cash thrown at their project in the last 5 1/2 years. Do you think this is money well spent? They've won one less trophy than us in the last 5 years.

I'll take the slow and steady, living within our means style of business over throwing pointless amounts of money at it, thank you very much.Imagine someone throwing 22 million at Hibs straight into the team as we are not in need of new stands

Greenworld
03-01-2019, 06:14 AM
What level is that 7th ?If that's your ambition fine it's not mine

Greenworld
03-01-2019, 06:24 AM
Stf would want to understand where the money is coming from.

He won't want to come back and sort out another mess like last time.I think that's my point he STF is 78 he won't be around much longer.
So change will come whether some want it or not .
From what I hear the poor guy is failing memory wise so not great for him .
There might well be some plan in place for when he is not around I'm not sure .

FilipinoHibs
03-01-2019, 07:20 AM

Look at Celtic’s success
Man United
Juventus
Ajax

And Rangers!

bigwheel
03-01-2019, 07:48 AM

Look at Celtic’s success
Man United
Juventus
Ajax

The reasons for those clubs success are to do with their income levels, not the fact they are listed...for the vast majority of clubs, and we certainly are in that list, they have nowhere near the ability to generate profit to make us a useful investment..listed companies are there to create returns for their shareholders ...we’ve been there before (remember Duff & Gray). Every pound spent giving a return to investors would be a pound less spent on the footballing ambition - it’s a hard No for me ..

DarlingtonHibee
03-01-2019, 10:53 AM
I think that's my point he STF is 78 he won't be around much longer.
So change will come whether some want it or not .
From what I hear the poor guy is failing memory wise so not great for him .
There might well be some plan in place for when he is not around I'm not sure .

100 %there will be plans in place

Hibernia&Alba
03-01-2019, 11:00 AM
Perhaps the 115 million Euromillions winner is a Hibby and steps up :aok:

Knowing our luck, the lucky winner will be a morbidly obese tramp from Gorgie, replete in pish stained maroon trackie, who hands the whole lot over to the wet farts :rolleyes:

jacomo
03-01-2019, 08:23 PM
Imagine someone throwing 22 million at Hibs straight into the team as we are not in need of new stands

Are you offering?

Unfortunately, the recent history of putative new owners for Hibs is that they have talked a good game but not had enough where it counts.

Colr
03-01-2019, 08:28 PM
Abramhovic “money” is in the form of a loan right?
Just sayin’

Many are. Its a nice safe return from clubs with a solid and loyal fan base.

How liquid it is should he want his cash back is another issue entirely.

The 90+2
03-01-2019, 08:31 PM

As long as it’s not near the Islamophobia border I’m fine with it 👍

Hibernia&Alba
04-01-2019, 01:27 PM
Perhaps the 115 million Euromillions winner is a Hibby and steps up :aok:

Knowing our luck, the lucky winner will be a morbidly obese tramp from Gorgie, replete in pish stained maroon trackie, who hands the whole lot over to the wet farts :rolleyes:

They are a couple from Northern Ireland called Connolly. Must be Hibees - someone drop them a line :greengrin

Moulin Yarns
04-01-2019, 10:28 PM
They are a couple from Northern Ireland called Connolly. Must be Hibees - someone drop them a line :greengrin

Oh no. We have a poster with that name!!!!

SideBurns
04-01-2019, 10:50 PM
Oh no. We have a poster with that name!!!!

Aye. We have Connollys11, when what we really need is Connollys115...million.