PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: EMERSON HYNDMAN RETURNS TO BOURNEMOUTH

RSS Bot
01-01-2019, 11:30 AM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/9586)

DarlingtonHibee
01-01-2019, 11:36 AM
Bit surprised. Maybe freeing up our contribution for someone else, thought Neil was keen on him.

CMac1988
01-01-2019, 11:39 AM
Hasn't contributed nearly enough and whilst he had a couple of good games he isn't imposing enough on the pitch. Too similar to Slivka and ultimately isn't our player so I'd rather we develop the one who is.

Just Jimmy
01-01-2019, 11:41 AM
not fussed. not what we need right now. would have looked great in the mcginn dylan midfield.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Ozyhibby
01-01-2019, 11:42 AM
Nowhere near good enough. Good decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ryan69
01-01-2019, 11:45 AM
Cant see him ever making an impact at Bournemouth...Heart of a mouse.

Probably end up kicking around league 2 or descent non leagie team.

H18 SFR
01-01-2019, 11:46 AM
First good move of the window. Hopefully many more to come.

B.H.F.C
01-01-2019, 11:47 AM
Hopefully a sign that things are going to move relatively quickly.

Souter96Mac
01-01-2019, 11:49 AM
Scott Allan to be announced shortly?

Blaster
Nowhere near good enough. Good decision.

When we signed him I thought he was good enough but too inconsistent

Heisenberg
Good player when it’s all rosy but not nearly at it when we were up against it.

MWHIBBIES
01-01-2019, 11:52 AM
Some good performances that help us earn important points. Good luck to him. He's young and will do well somewhere.

madhatter
01-01-2019, 11:52 AM
Hopefully a sign that things are going to move relatively quickly.

They need to. Club need to get things sorted fast. Most fans can see that they went with cheap options in the summer. Loans and questionable short time deals have to end. I could see Nelom being shifted as well.

Borderhibbie76
01-01-2019, 11:57 AM
They need to. Club need to get things sorted fast. Most fans can see that they went with cheap options in the summer. Loans and questionable short time deals have to end. I could see Nelom being shifted as well.Need to bin Agyepong too..Absolute waste having a player on loan that is always injured

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Albanian Hibs
01-01-2019, 11:58 AM
See ya 👋👋👋

badabing67
01-01-2019, 11:59 AM
Scott Allan to be announced shortly?

How do you know that ?

NAE NOOKIE
01-01-2019, 11:59 AM
All the best to him … But its the right decision, you can have all the talent in the world but without the physicality to compete as well you aint gonna make it, I will be amazed if he ever makes it in the EPL … every player in that league has talent, but you have to have either pace or strength as well and hopefully both .. if like Emerson you have neither yer goosed.

Jonnyboy
01-01-2019, 12:00 PM
How do you know that ?

He doesn’t. It was a question not a statement 👍

MB62
01-01-2019, 12:00 PM
A bit doom and gloom for the start of a new year but, IMO there's not ONE player in the current squad that I would greet my eyes out if they were to leave. There are obviously a good few I would be happy to see staying, some even to start building a new around around and who would hopefully improve with better players around them, but for most; if they go, fine, if they stay, then they need to pull the finger out and start showing why they were wanted by N.L. in the first place.

On that note

HAPPY NEW YEAR HIBBIES :greengrin :thumbsup:

GGTTH

Brightside
01-01-2019, 12:01 PM
Another player wasted by playing out of position.

Lago
01-01-2019, 12:03 PM
He doesn’t. It was a question not a statement ��

Yip the question mark was the clue. Today's education, got a lot to answer for. ��

Jonnyboy
01-01-2019, 12:04 PM
Yip the question mark was the clue. Today's education, got a lot to answer for. ��

:greengrin

badabing67
01-01-2019, 12:06 PM
Need to bin Agyepong too..Absolute waste having a player on loan that is always injured

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I think the Agyepong situation has been so frustrating all round. I think we should at least have discussions with City with a view to keeping Agyepong till the end of the season but only if they're prepared to offer another loanee. I think they owe us on that one.

Sir David Gray
01-01-2019, 12:08 PM
I think the Agyepong situation has been so frustrating all round. I think we should at least have discussions with City with a view to keeping Agyepong till the end of the season but only if they're prepared to offer another loanee. I think they owe us on that one.

De Bruyne or Sterling would be my choice.

Smartie
01-01-2019, 12:09 PM
A bit doom and gloom for the start of a new year but, IMO there's not ONE player in the current squad that I would greet my eyes out if they were to leave. There are obviously a good few I would be happy to see staying, some even to start building a new around around and who would hopefully improve with better players around them, but for most; if they go, fine, if they stay, then they need to pull the finger out and start showing why they were wanted by N.L. in the first place.

On that note

HAPPY NEW YEAR HIBBIES :greengrin :thumbsup:

GGTTH

Efe's the one I'd be most disappointed to lose, and sadly that is looking likely.

In some ways I'm the opposite to you in that unlike previously we've not really got one player that I'm desperate to see the back of. Most of our current players I could genuinely see bing a success under the right circumstances.

Mallan's the one I'd probably be happiest to see go as he contributes so little to open play, and I'm pretty sure that carrying this passenger is what is causing other good players to struggle. Even then though, I'm aware of what folk on here have said of his time at St Mirren and it does ring true - maybe we just need to find an adequate tactical style that allows us to play him in an advanced role and not worry too much about defending to get the best from him.

The_Horde
01-01-2019, 12:09 PM

Player ruined himself by being completely heartless.

Bournemouth's version of Alex Harris, does everything that he's been taught in the nice cosy environment of the academy but lacks the heart and desire to make it count at the top level.

jeffers
01-01-2019, 12:10 PM
Excellent news, just a pity I have to look at him for the next month in the calendar.

madhatter
01-01-2019, 12:12 PM
I think he'd struggle in English Championship. Has skill but needs to put in gym time. Worrying thing for him is our 19 year olds have more physicality. He's unfortunately broke into football at a time when, unless you are brilliant, you need to be strong, fast or have a bit of bite.

I do wish him luck but I'm glad he is gone. Nelom and Agyepong to follow please. Then 5 players in that are fit and ready to go straight into starting 11.

Billy Whizz
01-01-2019, 12:15 PM
I think he'd struggle in English Championship. Has skill but needs to put in gym time. Worrying thing for him is our 19 year olds have more physicality. He's unfortunately broke into football at a time when, unless you are brilliant, you need to be strong, fast or have a bit of bite.

I do wish him luck but I'm glad he is gone. Nelom and Agyepong to follow please. Then 5 players in that are fit and ready to go straight into starting 11.

I’d keep Agyepong if we can agree something with City. He’s got something to offer if we can get him, and keep him fit
Think Lennon likes him too, but we’ll see what happens. Remember we could be without Boyle until Feb, leaves us light on wide players

madhatter
01-01-2019, 12:20 PM
I’d keep Agyepong if we can agree something with City. He’s got something to offer if we can get him, and keep him fit
Think Lennon likes him too, but we’ll see what happens. Remember we could be without Boyle until Feb, leaves us light on wide players

I think Agyepong has a chronic injury issue, I may be wrong but something clearly isn't right. Gets fit but is injured again in his 1st appearance back. I love Gray but id call Agyepongs injury record Grayesque.

Lago
01-01-2019, 12:22 PM
Excellent news, just a pity I have to look at him for the next month in the calendar.

Think of it as your contribution to the greater good of Hibs.😀

jeffers
01-01-2019, 12:23 PM
Think of it as your contribution to the greater good of Hibs.😀

:greengrin

JimBHibees
01-01-2019, 12:26 PM

Not so sure has played 10 a number of times and while showed up well v Hamilton less so against better opposition. His last few games since Celtic haven't been great and very peripheral need someone who will make more impact pronto. Also should have made much more of last minute penalty shout in derby he allowed Clancy to wave away by not doing so imo.

jeffers
01-01-2019, 12:26 PM
I think Agyepong has a chronic injury issue, I may be wrong but something clearly isn't right. Gets fit but is injured again in his 1st appearance back. I love Gray but id call Agyepongs injury record Grayesque.

I could be talking crap, but wasn't Agyepong out with an injury for a good part of last season too ? Another one I'd send back.

Captain Trips
01-01-2019, 12:27 PM
Very disappointing contribution to the team. Am I correct that his assist count is zero? If true for that sort of player isn't good enough so probably best he has gone.

The_Horde
01-01-2019, 12:32 PM
I could be talking crap, but wasn't Agyepong out with an injury for a good part of last season too ? Another one I'd send back.

And the season before that too.

Billy Whizz
01-01-2019, 12:33 PM

Hamstring last season and earlier this season. Think this injury is a thigh strain

jeffers
01-01-2019, 12:35 PM
And the season before that too.

Hardly a glowing endorsement of our scouting team.

Vault Boy
01-01-2019, 12:44 PM
There's a player in there, but didn't show it nearly enough for us. Wish him all the best for his future.

The 90+2
01-01-2019, 01:48 PM
Thanks for the effort and commitment the boy isn’t suited to Scotland.

Diclonius
01-01-2019, 01:49 PM
The backup option when Allan went south, not good enough.

GloryGlory

Me too.

Must be a record, even for Hibs, that Mr January is away before the month is 12 hours old. I wonder how long Agyepong (the other Mr January) will last.

Ozyhibby
Thanks for the effort and commitment the boy isn’t suited to Scotland.

Where is he suited to? He’s not good enough.

SChibs
01-01-2019, 01:57 PM
Best of luck to the guy I think he'll make a decent career in the English Championship.

Lago
01-01-2019, 01:59 PM
Best of luck to the guy I think he'll make a decent career in the English Championship.
Not sure about that.

CMurdoch
01-01-2019, 02:00 PM
A player i thought would be a great loan signing.
How wrong could I be.
Simply not strong enough to compete.
Needs to speak to Ryan Fraser about how to build himself up.
Without that he has no future.

The 90+2
01-01-2019, 02:02 PM
Where is he suited to? He’s not good enough.

America, Australia or the Vauxhall conference.

Hiber-nation
01-01-2019, 02:16 PM
Player ruined himself by being completely heartless.

Bournemouth's version of Alex Harris, does everything that he's been taught in the nice cosy environment of the academy but lacks the heart and desire to make it count at the top level.

Exactly. All this talk of being played "out of position" is nonsense. 2 good games, both against Hamilton. Passenger otherwise.

jacomo
01-01-2019, 02:27 PM
Well good luck to him but it wasn’t a good spell at Hibs.

Callum_62
01-01-2019, 03:08 PM
Disappointing spell overall

Hopefully we freshen up that area quickly

Onion
01-01-2019, 03:31 PM
Poor man's Scott Allan, instantly forgettable.

Hibernia&Alba
01-01-2019, 04:06 PM
A talented player, but didn't really produce it for Hibs. I'm not sure he really wanted to be here. Not a huge loss really.

calumhibee1
01-01-2019, 04:11 PM
Poor man's Scott Allan, instantly forgettable.

A poor mans poor man.

Hibeesmad
01-01-2019, 04:18 PM
Thought he looked like one of the only players trying to create something, didn’t help with others standing still and not linking up with him

Weegreenman
01-01-2019, 04:28 PM
A great opportunity for the lad to shine. Never put himself about enough for me and just didn’t click at all. Wish him all the very best for the future. NEXT!!!!!!

Bishop Hibee
01-01-2019, 04:34 PM
He never showed enough to warrant staying.

WhileTheChief..
01-01-2019, 04:37 PM
Kinda liked him and he showed some nice touches now and again.

Was one of our better last window signings over the years but I’m sure Lennon was banking on Allan returning.

Hermit Crab
01-01-2019, 05:02 PM
Not doubting there's talent there but he's just not suited to the Scottish game. Thanks for your effort Emerson.

Hi Heid Yin
01-01-2019, 05:43 PM
Good luck to the guy.
Apart from one or two games where he did okay, he was posted missing for the rest of the time, and is well short of the type of dynamic and imposing figure we badly need in midfield if we are to seriously compete for a top 4 position.

Brightside
01-01-2019, 06:13 PM
we tried to keep him. Bournmouth wanted him back. They are short of CMs.

The 90+2
01-01-2019, 06:15 PM

Bournemouth are fkd then if he is going to play for them. They have about £100m to ***** on players but want EM back? I refuse to believe we wanted to keep him or Eddie Howe watched him play for us and thought he could do a job. No chance.

Allant1981
01-01-2019, 06:15 PM

Sure they held talks about a month ago about this so always looked like he would go now

Hibeesmad
01-01-2019, 06:20 PM
Can we get Defoe on loan instead please

The_Horde
01-01-2019, 06:22 PM

No chance they've brought a CM back who's nowhere near their first team when the windows open.

Hibeesmad
01-01-2019, 06:36 PM
Bournemouth are home to Brighton on Saturday in the FA Cup, we will see if he’s even on the bench

sarfoftheborder
01-01-2019, 08:07 PM
In today's Bournemouth 'Daily Echo' Eddie Howe is quoted as saying "Emerson has done well in Scotland. We are really pleased with the progress he has made". Asked how the Scottish top flight could enhance a player he said " from the perspective of dealing with the media, big crowds and high expectations, Scottish football is excellent. The football is high tempo. It's very similar to football in this country where it is blood and thunder and the games matter so much. The supporters are really passionate at every club. It has been beneficial for him".

Scouse Hibee
01-01-2019, 09:22 PM

For their development team?

truehibernian
01-01-2019, 09:25 PM
Agyepong and Jamie next please, send them back :aok: here's hoping we can cut short Milligan's deal too - all of them have been absolutely terrible additions. Hearts the size of peas between them :agree:

SaulGoodman
01-01-2019, 09:43 PM
In today's Bournemouth 'Daily Echo' Eddie Howe is quoted as saying "Emerson has done well in Scotland. We are really pleased with the progress he has made". Asked how the Scottish top flight could enhance a player he said " from the perspective of dealing with the media, big crowds and high expectations, Scottish football is excellent. The football is high tempo. It's very similar to football in this country where it is blood and thunder and the games matter so much. The supporters are really passionate at every club. It has been beneficial for him".

Glad to see their manager is more complimentary to Scottish football than some of the self entitled ****s posting on their fans forum.

Eyrie
01-01-2019, 10:24 PM

That doesn't give me confidence in the judgement of whoever wanted to keep him.

I wish Hyndman well for his future, but doubt it will be at a high level.

Famous Fiver
02-01-2019, 08:05 AM
Tin hat on early in the New Year!

In my opinion, some of the criticism on here of Hyndman is way over the top. I think he is a good professional and certainly good enough for Hibs.

Lennon was happy to sign him on loan, Eddie Howe is happy to have him back. Two top class managers rate him yet some of the 'experts' on here think he is crap.

I sometimes can't believe some of the vitriol and rubbish expressed on here. What did he do to deserve that?

Rant over.

I wish him all the best and would like to say thanks for his contribution to the club while he was here.

jeffers
02-01-2019, 08:51 AM

In my opinion, some of the criticism on here of Hyndman is way over the top. I think he is a good professional and certainly good enough for Hibs.

Lennon was happy to sign him on loan, Eddie Howe is happy to have him back. Two top class managers rate him yet some of the 'experts' on here think he is crap.

I sometimes can't believe some of the vitriol and rubbish expressed on here. What did he do to deserve that?

Rant over.

I wish him all the best and would like to say thanks for his contribution to the club while he was here.
I don't think the comments have been too bad but anyone who watched his YouTube highlights and read what the Huns thought of him surely expected far more than he delivered. Doesn't matter to me anyway what NL or Eddie Howe think of him, my opinion is based on half a season watching an attacking midfielder score one goal and provide zero assists. In the majority of games I watched him he offered little or nothing. Contributions like his are part of the reason we are in our current league position. I'm concerned if NL thought he was worth keeping beyond his initial loan.

Brightside
02-01-2019, 10:45 AM

Rant over.

He played very well when we setup in the diamond and he played as a 10 behind the 2 strikers. Like many players this season it seems a case of square pegs in round holes in too many games.

basehibby
02-01-2019, 11:49 AM
Good luck to Emerson. He's been OK for us overall - great in some games and anonymous in others - but the fact he has not made himself a certain starter in what is a significantly weaker midfield than we had last year says it all. We need players who are going to make themselves undropable - over to you Neil...

heretoday
02-01-2019, 11:51 AM
He is quite classy but never quite hit the high spots.

Saint Hibee
02-01-2019, 03:10 PM
Emerson who?

The_Horde
02-01-2019, 03:33 PM
Emerson who?

Hideman.

Diclonius
02-01-2019, 03:49 PM

He must be glad he isn't a striker, as we'd probably have cancelled his loan after about two games.

we are hibs
02-01-2019, 03:57 PM
Apparently going to play for Bournemouth tonight.

bingo70
02-01-2019, 03:58 PM

This is when he plays well, keeps his place in the team and turns into a £40m player.

davhibby
02-01-2019, 04:10 PM
He played very well when we setup in the diamond and he played as a 10 behind the 2 strikers. Like many players this season it seems a case of square pegs in round holes in too many games.

Exactly. Since this summer most people on here have gone mental and keep basing opinions on players by trying to make them into totally different players to what they actually are. Hyndman took a while to do well for us but came on to a game before getting injured. Then came back from injury and played pretty well when we played him in a position that suited him.

The 90+2
02-01-2019, 04:10 PM

Time to lump on Watford!

Famous Fiver
02-01-2019, 05:39 PM
Serious point.

How many of the players who have played in Hibs first team this season would get into the Bournemouth squad?

Any 'experts' on here like to hazard a guess?

I'll give you a clue. His initials are EH.

JimBHibees
02-01-2019, 05:41 PM
Serious point.

How many of the players who have played in Hibs first team this season would get into the Bournemouth squad?

Only because he is signed for them. :greengrin

Got to be said if he is genuinely EPL class he should be ashamed of some of the performances he has put in recently as he should have been strolling it up here if so.

The_Horde
02-01-2019, 05:46 PM
Serious point.

No they don't. They begin with J and M.

EH? is a good summary of Hideman's 6 months here though.

cleanyman
02-01-2019, 05:48 PM

Not even on the bench

Because he's pish

The_Horde
02-01-2019, 05:50 PM

Not even in the squad.

Smartie
02-01-2019, 05:50 PM
Anyone get the feeling that Bournemouth are talking this turkey up prior to flogging him?

If they came out and said he was plain crap then they'd be reducing his "market value".

Billy Whizz
02-01-2019, 05:51 PM
Anyone get the feeling that Bournemouth are talking this turkey up prior to flogging him?

If they came out and said he was plain crap then they'd be reducing his "market value".

If they play him this month, can’t sell him until the summer

Since90+2
02-01-2019, 05:54 PM
If he wasn't athletic and strong enough to stand out in the Scottish top league he has absolutely zero chance of making it in the Premier League in England.

emerald green
02-01-2019, 05:55 PM
Good luck to the lad, but he is not the type of player Hibs need in their midfield.

The_Horde
02-01-2019, 05:56 PM

2 starting the match and at least 2 on the bench. So short that they didn't even name him in the squad.

He'll be playing for some English pub team like Luton with the last messiah Andy Shinnie before you know it..

Smartie
02-01-2019, 05:57 PM
If they play him this month, can’t sell him until the summer

Yep, that's why they're talking him up.

Great loan spell up in Scotland in a competitive league (flitted around the peripheries of games against some truly dreadful sides). Brought back to bolster the squad, close to getting a game in the Premier League, all with no intent to actually play him as they've twigged he's pish, never going to make it there and they fancy cashing in as best as they can?

we are hibs
02-01-2019, 06:46 PM
Not even in the squad.

Was only posting what I read in the evening news

Eyrie
02-01-2019, 07:06 PM
Was only posting what I read in the evening news

Rookie error.

Brightside
02-01-2019, 07:18 PM
2 starting the match and at least 2 on the bench. So short that they didn't even name him in the squad.

He'll be playing for some English pub team like Luton with the last messiah Andy Shinnie before you know it..

So he’s back training with the 1st team and was in the overall squad. Not named obviously but that was why papers were saying he might make a shock appearance.

The 90+2
02-01-2019, 07:35 PM
Serious point.

A bit like Islam Feruz still kicking about at Chelsea you mean? And as said already JMc would.

The_Horde
02-01-2019, 09:01 PM
So he’s back training with the 1st team and was in the overall squad. Not named obviously but that was why papers were saying he might make a shock appearance.

Very convenient.

Lago
02-01-2019, 09:04 PM
Don't believe he will figure with any club in the top English league anytime soon.

NAE NOOKIE
02-01-2019, 10:40 PM
Glad to see their manager is more complimentary to Scottish football than some of the self entitled ****s posting on their fans forum.

Ach, I wouldn't worry about that mate, I went onto their forum when we signed him and I swear one of them didn't even know Hibs played in Edinburgh … I got the distinct feeling that it isn't exactly a football hotbed. No offence to the few who actually expressed an interest in Hibs and wanted to know what their player was getting into rather than just dismissing us now that they were a EPL giant and far too good to be sending players to the likes of the Scottish premiership :greengrin

Baader
02-01-2019, 11:19 PM
No chance he will regularly feature in the Premier League. You have to wonder how some of these guys make it to that level. There's a lot of money to be made in England by being very average at football. See Islam Feruz. 23 now played about 30 games in 4 years without scoring one goal at professional level.

Squealing pig
03-01-2019, 12:49 AM

My thoughts exactly , cut out of David gray from last year solved it

Mibbes Aye
03-01-2019, 01:09 AM
]Hideman[/B].

No they don't. They begin with J and M.

EH? is a good summary of Hideman's 6 months here though.

That's pretty poor patter.

If you had a detailed analysis of Hyndman's performances then that might stand up.

But hey, you've got 'Hideman'.

What are you actually adding here?

SChibs
03-01-2019, 06:53 AM
That's pretty poor patter.

If you had a detailed analysis of Hyndman's performances then that might stand up.

But hey, you've got 'Hideman'.

What are you actually adding here?

Haven't read through the thread it seems personal.

calumhibee1
03-01-2019, 07:03 AM
The idea that Hyndman could possibly be playing in the EPL seems so incredibly far fetched to me. There’ll tens of better players in the Scottish Championship based on what he offered to us.

Higgy115
03-01-2019, 07:58 AM
There is without doubt a quality player in there, if true that we wanted to keep him and Bournemouth wanted him back should tell you he is rated. I really liked him at Hibs, good on the ball and seemed to have more time than others, granted didn’t look that way all the time.

Wouldn’t at all be surprised to see him feature a fair bit in Premiership 2nd half of this season and for him to have a decent career.