PDA

View Full Version : Stop the rot!! (Sectarianism)

BigT-Hibeez
31-12-2018, 09:17 PM
I think both Edinburgh clubs need to collectively nip all this ***** in the bud!!! Seems to be a sharp increase in unwanted sectarian behaviour on both sides, especially (mostly) amongst the younger element.. We are in danger of becoming an embarrassing parody of the old firm..

Not the Hibs way..

Connollys11
31-12-2018, 09:21 PM
We are not sectarian, we don't sing sectarian songs. The only sectarian fan bases in Scotland are the huns and their diet brothers in gorgie. Hibs and Celtic are the least sectarian clubs in Scotland.

JohnM1875
31-12-2018, 09:24 PM
We are not sectarian, we don't sing sectarian songs. The only sectarian fan bases in Scotland are the huns and their diet brothers in gorgie. Hibs and Celtic are the least sectarian clubs in Scotland.

Sorry man, don't think that's true at all.

And I've felt an increase in hatred over the past few derbies. Agree with the OP on this one, if there's ever a time to stomp it out it's surely when it's starting to bubble up?

Connollys11
31-12-2018, 09:26 PM
Depends what you define as sectarian to be fair mate. If your referring to up the ra chants as sectarian then I would have to totally disagree as they're anything but sectarian in my view.

bodhibs
31-12-2018, 09:29 PM
Many poinless pages to follow....

Hibs Class
31-12-2018, 09:30 PM
Depends what you define as sectarian to be fair mate. If your referring to up the ra chants as sectarian then I would have to totally disagree as they're anything but sectarian in my view.

You are entitled to your view but imho all decent Hibs fans will vehemently disagree, and would regard your view as unwelcome at our club. If you genuinely think that way then you would be best looking for a club that is more in line with your thinking, because Hibs most definitely, and thankfully, is not.

JohnM1875
31-12-2018, 09:31 PM

To be honest I'm maybe not meaning sectarian as such as well. But there's certainly been a lot more hate involved in the past few derbies.

Don't get me wrong, it's a derby! I'm not saying it should be all nicey nicey. Just don't want it going too far in the same way the Old Firm derby has!

CMurdoch
31-12-2018, 09:33 PM

The meaning of the noun Sectarianism is "Excessive attachment to a particular sect or party, especially in religion".
Think that covers the Celtic support pretty well.

Hibs on the other hand have no excessive attachment to any religion etc although folk like yourself are continually trying to drag us there.

Connollys11
31-12-2018, 09:39 PM
To be honest I'm maybe not meaning sectarian as such as well. But there's certainly been a lot more hate involved in the past few derbies.

Don't get me wrong, it's a derby! I'm not saying it should be all nicey nicey. Just don't want it going too far in the same way the Old Firm derby has!
Aye I know where your coming from but I think it's going that way especially one side of the city. I personally enjoy our irish rebel songs and would describe myself as a republican but I hope to God we don't start singing the rebs to combat those Neanderthals across the city. As long as we stick to our rhetoric let them sing as much loyalist songs as they want. I love the fact we don't sing the rebs. There's no place for politics in football.

The Harp
31-12-2018, 09:41 PM
I think both Edinburgh clubs need to collectively nip all this ***** in the bud!!! Seems to be a sharp increase in unwanted sectarian behaviour on both sides, especially (mostly) amongst the younger element.. We are in danger of becoming an embarrassing parody of the old firm..

Not the Hibs way..

Do we really need another thread like this? It's been done to death many, many times on here and achieves nothing. We don't have a sectarian problem. Hearts do, on a small scale, but don't drag Hibs into please.

Lago
31-12-2018, 09:41 PM
And there right away is a problem

Connollys11
31-12-2018, 09:42 PM
The meaning of the noun Sectarianism is "Excessive attachment to a particular sect or party, especially in religion".

Hibs on the other hand have no excessive attachment to any religion etc although folk like yourself are continually trying to drag us there.
What are you even on about? Seriously grow up man. Sectarianism is when someone is bias against someone else based on their religion. Don't get nippy with me because you feel uneasy about our heritage. Politics don't belong in football as I've previously stated. You just can't handle the fact that not everyone in our support is a unionist.

Lancs Harp
31-12-2018, 09:42 PM
Aye I know where your coming from but I think it's going that way especially one side of the city. I personally enjoy our irish rebel songs and would describe myself as a republican but I hope to God we don't start singing the rebs to combat those Neanderthals across the city. As long as we stick to our rhetoric let them sing as much loyalist songs as they want. I love the fact we don't sing the rebs. There's no place for politics in football.

Lets keep it about football eh. We dont want or need the Glasgow issue.

Connollys11
31-12-2018, 09:43 PM
Do we really need another thread like this? It's been done to death many, many times on here and achieves nothing. We don't have a sectarian problem. Hearts do, on a small scale, but don't drag Hibs into please.
Exactly man it's boring as hell.

Connollys11
31-12-2018, 09:44 PM
Lets keep it about football eh. We dont want or need the Glasgow issue.

Did I start the thread? The threads clearly not about football.

Lancs Harp
31-12-2018, 09:45 PM
Did I start the thread? The threads clearly not about football.

I meant the rivalry fella.

Connollys11
31-12-2018, 09:46 PM
I meant the rivalry fella.

Aye I totally agree mate but I'm not going to allow anyone to say there's a sectarian element in our support when it's not true lol

Bostonhibby
31-12-2018, 09:47 PM

Hibs on the other hand have no excessive attachment to any religion etc although folk like yourself are continually trying to drag us there.You'll need a big tin hat but it doesn't mean you're wrong[emoji106]

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Fife-Hibee
31-12-2018, 09:48 PM
What are you even on about? Seriously grow up man. Sectarianism is when someone is bias against someone else based on their religion. Don't get nippy with me because you feel uneasy about our heritage. Politics don't belong in football as I've previously stated. You just can't handle the fact that not everyone in our support is a unionist.

Are you suggesting our club exists on the back of Irish rebellion against the British?

The Modfather
31-12-2018, 09:49 PM

You say politics doesn’t belong in football and are then the first poster to bring unionism into this thread.

Hibs are a football club, nothing more nothing less.

SRHibs
31-12-2018, 09:49 PM
"Our Irish Rebel songs".

:confused:

BigT-Hibeez
31-12-2018, 09:50 PM

Hence the thread.. It is starting to happen in my opinion.. Seen more and more kids flying tricolours, mostly at Hearts and Sevco games.. And heard some naughty stuff being shouted at Ibrox last match..

Connollys11
31-12-2018, 09:54 PM
When did a say that? Obviously it wasn't. I'm just bored with the mini Celtic chatter and go to parkhead if you hold those kind of views vibe you always get on here it's cringing. Politics and football should never be intertwined so let's leave it at that.

BigT-Hibeez
31-12-2018, 09:57 PM
You are entitled to your view but imho all decent Hibs fans will vehemently disagree, and would regard your view as unwelcome at our club. If you genuinely think that way then you would be best looking for a club that is more in line with your thinking, because Hibs most definitely, and thankfully, is not.

Sorry? This is an appeal to all the decent fans to make sure this unwanted behaviour stops.. Why should I look for another club to support because I am concerned that sectarianism is creeping in..?

Connollys11
31-12-2018, 09:57 PM
Hence the thread.. It is starting to happen in my opinion.. Seen more and more kids flying tricolours, mostly at Hearts and Sevco games.. And heard some naughty stuff being shouted at Ibrox last match..

The tricolour belongs at Easter road though. See this argument always splits our support cause the way you view the tricolour is the way I view that green n white union Jack! Our supports the most confused bunch in Scotland by a mile. Tricolours and up the ra chants one week then green union jacks and we are the people chants the next 😂😂

Smartie
31-12-2018, 09:58 PM
Can we not let the admins have a quiet night to enjoy a few bevvies and we can pick this stuff up again later?

JimBHibees
31-12-2018, 09:58 PM

Trolling big time. No doubt one of the 16 year old yam section n Robinson love boys trying to stir up