PDA

View Full Version : Role of assistant manager

houstonhibbee
30-12-2018, 11:35 PM
Just thought I’d throw this in for debate.
what are garry Parker’s responsibilities?
is he any good?
id he responsible for throw ins???
he was a bit heavy handed at the post match interviews
shoukd he bear the brunt of some of the criticism?
could Lennon get better?
seems to me Neil is more of a motivator than a coach and tactician

thoughts?

The Harp Awakes
30-12-2018, 11:44 PM
Parker is Mr Nice cop and he calms Lenny doon big time.

Having said that, he polecaxed the Hearts boy at the end of the game when he was trying to waste time holding onto the ball. Quality.

where'stheslope
31-12-2018, 08:22 AM
It appears to me that he's there to take the flack for Lennon when the going gets tough?
At training I'm sure he will have a job to do, on any football news review Lennon seems to be watching rather taking active part, just like most managers!!!

wookie70
31-12-2018, 09:30 AM
Parker has got a fantastic record when Lennon is in the stands. I would see the role of many assistants as being the conduit between manager and players. He could reinforce the managers message but also be there for players to pass concerns up the chain. I would also hope that he would be the ying to the managers yang at some points and not just a nodding dog. Most managers seem to take assistants with them so it is clearly a role that managers feel is important and they need someone they know and trust at their side. It is a lonely job being a manager so much of the assistant's job will be just to be there as a shoulder and Allie when times are hard.