PDA

View Full Version : After Yesterday’s Game Would you Swap any Hibs Player for a Hearts Player

coldingham hibs
30-12-2018, 04:58 PM
Okay, there is a lot of talk about the quality of Player we currently have and how we should have better. No doubt we all want top quality players but surely the defeat yesterday doesn’t make all our players bad. I personally thought we played okay & were very unlucky to lose. I thought Hearts were awful & didn’t have a single player superior to any of ours. So if people on here think we are so bad, what Hearts Player would you take?.

tamig
30-12-2018, 05:02 PM
I wouldn’t mind someone of Haring’s ilk in our midfield. We missed that last night.

Fife-Hibee
30-12-2018, 05:04 PM
Okay, there is a lot of talk about the quality of Player we currently have and how we should have better. No doubt we all want top quality players but surely the defeat yesterday doesn’t make all our players bad. I personally thought we played okay & were very unlucky to lose. I thought Hearts were awful & didn’t have a single player superior to any of ours. So if people on here think we are so bad, what Hearts Player would you take?.

Hearts don't need to have better players than us to beat us. They know exactly how to play against us. Having some of their players in place of our own wouldn't make much difference. It's not the individuals, but the way they play against us as a unit.

One Day Soon
30-12-2018, 05:05 PM
Maybe the dirty wee blonde cheat up front. Though he's nearly done so probably not.

flash
30-12-2018, 05:06 PM
Hearts don't need to have better players than us to beat us. They know exactly how to play against us. Having some of their players in place of our own wouldn't make much difference. It's not the individuals, but the way they play against us as a unit.

Yeah they just toy with us. If Whittakers shot had gone in they would just have scored again whenever they fancied.

One Day Soon
30-12-2018, 05:08 PM

Strange that, because knowing exactly how to play against us hasn't worked out too well for them in recent games preceding yesterday.

Pretty Boy
30-12-2018, 05:09 PM

Why did they decide not to beat us for 10 games recently then? Just allowing us to have a wee bit fun? Very generous of them.

CMurdoch
30-12-2018, 05:10 PM
Naismith & Berra are their quality players from last nights team.
However, Naismith will be away at the end of the season and Berra will be 34 at the end of January..
I didn't see anything of note from their other players last night and don't see them enough to make any other judgement.

Fife-Hibee
30-12-2018, 05:11 PM
Yeah they just toy with us. If Whittakers shot had gone in they would just have scored again whenever they fancied.

You're missing the point. They don't have to have "flair" to get the better of us. They don't need the ability to score against us at will in order to beat us. They know they're always guaranteed some sort of chance in the game as long as they can get in our faces, frustrate us and ultimately stop us from playing our A game.

We never seem to have a plan B and they take full advantage of that.

calumhibee1
30-12-2018, 05:11 PM
Naismith and Haring. They could take their pick from our midfield.

Fife-Hibee
30-12-2018, 05:13 PM
Why did they decide not to beat us for 10 games recently then? Just allowing us to have a wee bit fun? Very generous of them.

Just how bad did they have to be though in order for us to get a few wins against them? They were absolutely honking and we still couldn't give them a proper hammering.

coldingham hibs
30-12-2018, 05:13 PM
Maybe the dirty wee blonde cheat up front. Though he's nearly done so probably not.

Seriously, I think he touched the ball about 3 times yesterday and looked very slow, yes he maybe getting his fitness back so we will see how that goes. What he did do was organise the players around him.

kentao
30-12-2018, 05:16 PM
Haring and ikpeazu from the hearts squad for me. Not much between the 2 sides bit we were set up to cautions in the first half.

NorthNorfolkHFC
30-12-2018, 05:20 PM
Naismith and Smith for me.

Maybe Haring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Connollys11
30-12-2018, 05:20 PM
None.

chrisski33
30-12-2018, 05:22 PM
None just cause they beat us at easter rd since 2014 does not make them a better team than us nor better class as levein joked after the game! Fxck em

One Day Soon
30-12-2018, 05:22 PM
You're missing the point. They don't have to have "flair" to get the better of us. They don't need the ability to score against us at will in order to beat us. They know they're always guaranteed some sort of chance in the game as long as they can get in our faces, frustrate us and ultimately stop us from playing our A game.

We never have plan B apart from all those recent games when we did.

BILLYHIBS
30-12-2018, 05:31 PM
None!

Want them all to be there to know” this is how it feels “next time around at Tinycastle with our players back from injury, Asia Cup and hopefully our new signings in the window

Naismith is nothing but a little nyaff and I could boss Kamberi and I am 60 not 34! :greengrin

bigwheel
30-12-2018, 05:31 PM

There are many times lack of of a plan B may have been fair criticism..not with Lennon and Parker though ..more than any recent managers they have been bold enough to change formations and tactics..often more than once in a game ..there are many things which need to Improve - that isn’t one though

They have shown tactical astuteness in many
Occasions

Heckys Wheel
30-12-2018, 05:34 PM
Berra
Naismith
Harring

3 very good players. Would start every game in our squad.

Mibbes Aye
30-12-2018, 06:33 PM
What was noticeable about Naismith was that at every breakdown in play he was talking and instructing, sometimes berating, his team-mates.

He looks like an absolute jakey but he has got tons of experience at a decent level and that showed in the way he was communicating to the rest of his side.

Diclonius
30-12-2018, 06:33 PM
Haring, Lee, Naismith. The whole midfield to be honest.

B.H.F.C
30-12-2018, 06:35 PM
What was noticeable about Naismith was that at every breakdown in play he was talking and instructing, sometimes berating, his team-mates.

He looks like an absolute jakey but he has got tons of experience at a decent level and that showed in the way he was communicating to the rest of his side.

He manages them on the pitch. We’re lacking that type at the moment IMO.

The Spaceman
30-12-2018, 06:35 PM
Haring, Naismith and Berra. All would enhance our team and be in our starting 11 if we had a fully fit squad.

H18S NX
30-12-2018, 06:37 PM
None for me.

The 90+2
30-12-2018, 06:42 PM
Naismith Berra Haring Smith and the boy on loan from Burnley. Also Souttar.

The 90+2
30-12-2018, 06:42 PM
Austin Macohee perhaps also?

Onceinawhile
30-12-2018, 06:44 PM
Berra in a heartbeat.

judas
30-12-2018, 06:45 PM
Yes. I think the boy Haring is decent. Big, strong with good technique, positional awareness and an eye for a pass.

I would swap him for Slivka in a blink of the eye.

I would also swap Naismith for McLaren.

G B Young
30-12-2018, 07:02 PM
Just how bad did they have to be though in order for us to get a few wins against them? They were absolutely honking and we still couldn't give them a proper hammering.

I think you're being a bit harsh. When we knocked them out the Scottish Cup two seasons in a row we were in the Championship and they were in the top flight. Granted, being in the top flight isn't a guarantee of quality but they did finish third under Neilson so must have been better than most that season. Yes, under Cathro they were laughably bad, but it was 3-1 going on 6-1 when we beat them. We also had to come through a game at Tynecastle both times.

It's frustrating that our superiority during that unbeaten run didn't translate into a few more goals but we did well and truly dominate the games at Easter Road during that time.

As for whether I think Hearts have better players than us this season, I saw little evidence of it last night. Just two very average sides hoping for lucky break.

Eyrie
30-12-2018, 07:26 PM
I'm with those who said Berra, Haring and Naysmith and I'd use them to replace Milligan, Hyndman and Maclaren.

None of their other players would improve our starting eleven.

Weegreenman
30-12-2018, 08:08 PM
[QUOTE=coldingham hibs;5647716]Okay, there is a lot of talk about the quality of Player we currently have and how we should have better. No doubt we all want top quality players but surely the defeat yesterday doesn’t make all our players bad. I personally thought we played okay & were very unlucky to lose. I thought Hearts were awful & didn’t have a single player superior to any of ours. So if people on here think we are so bad, what Hearts Player would you take?.[/QUOT

Tgey have a decent spine. Goalkeeper looks decent. Berra, Haring & Naismith. Hearts didn’t play well. They scored first and looked to hit us on the break. Got to be said that they defended really well and not just at the back but from front to back. Haring looked really comfortable until he limped off. They bossed the midfield, outnumbering us 4 to 3.

Sammy7nil
30-12-2018, 08:18 PM
We never have plan B apart from all those recent games when we did.

We very rarely have a plan B if it works it works and if it doesn't we normally lose the only recent come back i can recall is the 2-2 cup game. Other than that when we fall behind we lose.

wookie70
30-12-2018, 08:23 PM
Berra
Naismith
Harring

3 very good players. Would start every game in our squad.

I agree with that. Naismith pulls defenders all over the place and wins cheap freekicks. He is a nasty toerag but he gets inside the refs head. If it had been Naismith pulled at the end of the game in Hibs box Hearts would have got a penalty. Berra is very good and rarely has a shocker. I'd give any of our midfielders for Harring, in fact they could have two for the price of one.

lapsedhibee
30-12-2018, 08:45 PM
We very rarely have a plan B if it works it works and if it doesn't we normally lose the only recent come back i can recall is the 2-2 cup game. Other than that when we fall behind we lose.

Except when we don't, like a week ago.

Ozyhibby
30-12-2018, 09:05 PM
Lot of green tinted specs on this thread.
Berra, Naismith, Haring, Lee, Souter and Smith would all get in our team.
I wouldn’t want us signing Naismith or Berra now though as at some point very soon they are no longer going to be able to perform at this level and I wouldn’t want them under contract at Hibs at the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smartie
30-12-2018, 09:05 PM
Berra and Naismith at most times would get into our side and at the moment they certainly would.

From last night's teams I'd also take Haring, Lee and Djoum in place of our midfield 3. I don't think they're anything special and I would hope that any Hibs team would be good enough that they wouldn't get near it. I certainly wouldn't have had any of them in our midfields of the past 4 years.

I'd be happy going into any derby with Bogdan, McGregor and Bartley. They are warriors.

Spike Mandela
30-12-2018, 09:18 PM
The teams are so evenly matched swapping players around wouldn’t significantly enhance either team.

The only thing I would swap from last night is Whitty’s shot going in and Lee’s hitting the post.

Fife-Hibee
30-12-2018, 09:19 PM

Our game plan didn't change though. It was the same throughout the entire game.

Sammy7nil
30-12-2018, 11:05 PM

I was talking particularly about when we play Hearts

Saturday Boy
30-12-2018, 11:08 PM
Livingston 5-0 Hearts. Hibs 1-1 Livingston.

Why would we swap anyone after one result?

CMurdoch
30-12-2018, 11:18 PM
The teams are so evenly matched swapping players around wouldn’t significantly enhance either team.

The only thing I would swap from last night is Whitty’s shot going in and Lee’s hitting the post.

I agree. If you asked the question the other way round about yesterday they would probably only want to take Bogdan, Ambrose & Kamberi

Smartie
30-12-2018, 11:28 PM
I agree. If you asked the question the other way round about yesterday they would probably only want to take Bogdan, Ambrose & Kamberi

The only way the Jambos would take Kamberi on that showing would be if there was no way they could get him out of Berra's back pocket.

TheHarpy76
31-12-2018, 08:38 AM
Livingston 5-0 Hearts. Hibs 1-1 Livingston.

Why would we swap anyone after one result?

Is this what we’re reduced to this season?
Taking some sort of high ground because we drew with ****** Livingston?

To answer the ops question: Berra,Haring and Naismith would improve us considerably.

danhibees1875
31-12-2018, 08:56 AM

:aok:

Or even Shaw's that hit the bar.

lapsedhibee
31-12-2018, 08:59 AM
I was talking particularly about when we play Hearts

Ah, gotcha now :aok:

makaveli1875
31-12-2018, 09:11 AM
hertz best players are all defenders so not really much use to us . Their midfield is as bad as ours and their forwards arent much better

Steve20
31-12-2018, 09:51 AM
Not sure who I’d take from their side, but they’re more than welcome to take our entire midfield.

son of haggart
31-12-2018, 10:27 AM

Would be happy to take last year’s Kamberi but would be hopeful Uche when he’s back or Vanacek (our new centre forward from January) would be better. Boyle offers pace we don’t have. Porteous looks a great prospect tho he’s currently behind Souttar and Berra I’d say. Stevenson has proved himself mr reliable at full back and that’s a position we have struggled with. Not sure there’s much to choose between our keepers.

calumhibee1
31-12-2018, 10:32 AM
Would be happy to take last year’s Kamberi but would be hopeful Uche when he’s back or Vanacek (our new centre forward from January) would be better. Boyle offers pace we don’t have. Porteous looks a great prospect tho he’s currently behind Souttar and Berra I’d say. Stevenson has proved himself mr reliable at full back and that’s a position we have struggled with. Not sure there’s much to choose between our keepers.

Would you take Efe ahead of either of Souttar or Berra? I’m interested to hear what other teams fans think of him, AFAIK a lot of them still think he’s a bombscare when in reality he’s potentially the best centre half we’ve seen at Hibs in nearly 20 years.

Obviously as a Hibs fan I see things through green tinted specks but this seasons Efe Ambrose is the best centre half in the league imo and if rumours if Marseille wanting him are true along with the previous rumours of Schalke wanting him then I’m not surprised in the slightest.

son of haggart
31-12-2018, 11:49 AM
Would you take Efe ahead of either of Souttar or Berra? I’m interested to hear what other teams fans think of him, AFAIK a lot of them still think he’s a bombscare when in reality he’s potentially the best centre half we’ve seen at Hibs in nearly 20 years.

Obviously as a Hibs fan I see things through green tinted specks but this seasons Efe Ambrose is the best centre half in the league imo and if rumours if Marseille wanting him are true along with the previous rumours of Schalke wanting him then I’m not surprised in the slightest.

To be fair I don’t know. Berra and Souttar formed a really good partnership which was key to output early season run. I haven’t really seen enough of Ambrose to pass judgement. Last season Souttar was prone to a bombscare moment but he has been steadily improving on that aspect. Ambrose seems to me to offer enthusiasm and an attacking threat too. People who watch him week in week out would be better placed to judge.

As a comparison from what I’ve seen if Shaw he is a promising forward but people on here have a mixed opinion on him

calumhibee1
31-12-2018, 11:58 AM
To be fair I don’t know. Berra and Souttar formed a really good partnership which was key to output early season run. I haven’t really seen enough of Ambrose to pass judgement. Last season Souttar was prone to a bombscare moment but he has been steadily improving on that aspect. Ambrose seems to me to offer enthusiasm and an attacking threat too. People who watch him week in week out would be better placed to judge.

As a comparison from what I’ve seen if Shaw he is a promising forward but people on here have a mixed opinion on him

:aok:

JeMeSouviens
31-12-2018, 12:01 PM

... and the ref. Shouldn’t work but when refs are weak ...

emerald green
31-12-2018, 06:39 PM

:agree:

Connollys11
31-12-2018, 06:46 PM

Totally agree with this calum mate 👍

Zazu62
31-12-2018, 06:50 PM

Noticed this also. When he’s not in there team they look absolutely gash

heretoday
31-12-2018, 07:33 PM
I wouldn't mind a Naismith type of guy in the team. I can't think who it would be but is there a stroppy old pro out there?

Franck Stanton
31-12-2018, 08:46 PM
Nope not anyone.

Mibbes Aye
31-12-2018, 08:56 PM
... and the ref. Shouldn’t work but when refs are weak ...

:agree: Good game management by Naismith. Work the ref and over the course of the game you are bound to get some marginal gains.

What probably helps is that he is playing on Clancy's insecurity. The man has the perpetual look of someone who has just realised he sent a text to his mistress to his wife by mistake.

Nameless
31-12-2018, 09:19 PM
Berra
Naismith
Harring

3 very good players. Would start every game in our squad.That's the 3 I would want, probably Soutar too.

Sent from my G3311 using Tapatalk

Tornadoes70
31-12-2018, 09:41 PM

Good fair post.

Shaw is a very promising forward, however, appears to have no luck in derbies. Had a perfectly good goal ruled out at tynie, then hits the bar with a great strike etc. The lad's got a future in the game and would do considerably better with an in form Kamberi or a Grant Holt type partner to work off.