PDA

View Full Version : NHC: Leeds Revival

Colr
30-12-2018, 11:18 AM
Interesting read

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/dec/30/how-leeds-fell-in-love-with-marcelo-bielsa

hibsbollah
30-12-2018, 07:26 PM
Everywhere he goes he creates great footballing sides, Chile, Marseille, Atletico, then he has a kind of emotional deviation and walks. If he remains happy at Leeds they will become a top six team in England again.

3331 attacking formation where midfielders play in defence, double Training sessions, everyone presses furiously all game and it's one touch passing from the back right through the team. Not sure Deek or Gary O would cope with it.

One Day Soon
30-12-2018, 07:38 PM
Would love to see Leeds Utd back in the top league.

Baader
30-12-2018, 07:48 PM
I don't like Leeds but thought at the time Bielsa was a fantastic appointment for them. A fascinating manager who is acknowledged by some (including Guardiola) as being the best coach in the world. His press conferences are legendary and his tactical knowledge of football is probably as good as there's ever been. The one issue is hes unpredictable and never seems to hang around anywhere that long...

SteveHFC
30-12-2018, 07:53 PM

Liverpool winning the league and Leeds coming back up would be a great season.

Billy Whizz
30-12-2018, 07:54 PM

Massive club, think they would be a great addition
Think they would go from strength to strength by getting up

cabbageandribs1875
30-12-2018, 08:11 PM
the english championship is great this season with a resurgent Leeds, they always take a big away support, at least a play-off place this season beckons :agree: look forward to games v man u again :)

:music: marching on together

Billy Whizz
30-12-2018, 08:17 PM
the english championship is great this season with a resurgent Leeds, they always take a big away support, at least a play-off place this season beckons :agree: look forward to games v man u again :)

:music: marching on together

[QUOTE=cabbageandribs1875;5648010]the english championship is great this season with a resurgent Leeds, they always take a big away support, at least a play-off place this season beckons :agree: look forward to games v man u again :)

Think we all need Villa to go up, think Hibs get some sort of extra payment for SGM, if the gossip is true

cabbageandribs1875
30-12-2018, 08:24 PM
[QUOTE=cabbageandribs1875;5648010]the english championship is great this season with a resurgent Leeds, they always take a big away support, at least a play-off place this season beckons :agree: look forward to games v man u again :)

Think we all need Villa to go up, think Hibs get some sort of extra payment for SGM, if the gossip is true

we do indeed iirc, i wouldn't mind villa going up in 2nd place...or winning the play offs :greengrin quite a few £££ for us

One Day Soon
30-12-2018, 09:09 PM

Villa promoted, McGinn signed by any Champions League team please. Ker-ching for Hibernian.

offshorehibby
31-12-2018, 07:03 AM
Leeds have been my English team since the early 70's so it's great to see them doing well this season, fingers crossed they can keep it up. Being a Hibs and Leeds fan i always wait fro the self destruct button being pressed.

LancsHibs
31-12-2018, 08:33 AM
Dirty Leeds:sick:

MurrayfieldHibs
31-12-2018, 08:54 AM
Dirty Leeds:sick:

:na na:
Super Leeds!

mixumatosis
31-12-2018, 08:58 AM
Read that yesterday, this bit made me laugh:

Leeds United will return to the promised land and be an antidote to the vanity, selfishness and greed of the money-obsessed Premier League.

As if Leeds aren't going to be (at least) as vain, selfish and greedy as every other Premier League side. If they weren't then getting to the Premier League wouldn't matter a sook.

leithsansiro
31-12-2018, 09:01 AM
Bielsa is a great manager. Miles ahead of the curve for years and, I think, wildly under appreciated by folk in Britain because he’s “only” had success abroad.

hibsbollah
31-12-2018, 09:17 AM
Bielsa is a great manager. Miles ahead of the curve for years and, I think, wildly under appreciated by folk in Britain because he’s “only” had success abroad.

You still see El Loco banners at Marseille now, four seasons after he left! They absolutely love him.

I think it'd be pretty funny if Man U did a Cantona And robbed him from Leeds..