PDA

View Full Version : Mackie

The 90+2
30-12-2018, 01:15 AM
Looking positively, I thought he was brilliant tonight. Good on the ball, tough in the tackle and not overwhelmed at all.

We have a player there.

eastmainsmsh
30-12-2018, 01:19 AM
Agree he settled in to another cracking performance great to see

davym7062
30-12-2018, 01:53 AM
Yeah he’s good! One of the few

Vault Boy
30-12-2018, 02:10 AM
Very promising. Skillful, powerful and composed. Touch wood, really looks like he'll be a permanent fixture of our first team.

MWHIBBIES
30-12-2018, 02:58 AM
Didn't see it tonight. Poor crossing, didn't look great on the ball, very little pace. Obviously young with time on his side but Lewis will be back in when fit.

Turkish Green
30-12-2018, 03:54 AM
Had the beating of Godinho all the first half but faded in the second as the Yams double teamed him.

Despite beating his man, the end ball was poor.

flash
30-12-2018, 07:43 AM
Didn't see it tonight. Poor crossing, didn't look great on the ball, very little pace. Obviously young with time on his side but Lewis will be back in when fit.

Not like you to disagree with everybody.

bingo70
30-12-2018, 08:04 AM

I agree.

Pretty shocked to see this thread tbh, I thought he was poor.

Brooster
30-12-2018, 08:04 AM

Do you intentionally post the opposite view from most folk. Mackie played well yesterday. 8 or 9 others could not say the same.

Gatecrasher
30-12-2018, 08:14 AM
He did OK but I'm not going to be too critical of him. Personally I thought we missed Stevenson tonight, his link up play and experience would have helped. Mackie will get there though.

Greenworld
30-12-2018, 09:58 AM
Thought he was excellent looked like he had been playing first team football for years.
His positional sense is very good . I like him and feel he is a real gem alongside Porteous.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

calumhibee1
30-12-2018, 10:03 AM
Thought he done well enough. Wouldn't say he was brilliant, would probably just say he was fine, which is good enough when you're just breaking into the team.

B.H.F.C
30-12-2018, 10:06 AM
He was ok last night. Nothing better but nothing worse than that.

One that at least tried to take it to them. Just lacking a bit quality when he got in to good areas.

BILLYHIBS
30-12-2018, 10:08 AM
Excellent prospect solid unit bags of potential still a bit of a rough diamond that needs polished

I thought he had a good game last night he did not look out of place but as others have said let himself down with his crossing especially given his recent excellent assists to Kamberi and Macgregor

He also showed that he can strike a ball with his right foot as well given his excellent thirty yard drive that tested Doyle

One of our few highlights last night

hibbysam
30-12-2018, 10:11 AM
Did they have any success down our left side? No they didn’t, and that was with Sean having no cover. He made an arse of 2/3 early crosses but had a couple of good efforts on goal and his crossing came second half. He and Ambrose the only two on the park they looked like they could get the ball down and play football.

SideBurns
30-12-2018, 10:17 AM
Amongst all the talk of spending money on players, we shouldn't overlook the need to bring through our own, and lads like Porteous and now Mackie seem to be the real deal. I'm not expecting another Golden Generation to arrive, but if we could unearth a midfielder in the mould of Brown or Thomson it would save us a fortune (and ultimately probably make us money down the line).

MWHIBBIES
30-12-2018, 10:44 AM
Not like you to disagree with everybody.

Why the personal dig? Maybe just tell me why you think I'm wrong.

MWHIBBIES
30-12-2018, 10:46 AM
Do you intentionally post the opposite view from most folk. Mackie played well yesterday. 8 or 9 others could not say the same.

No I don't. I post my opinion. I don't think he was anything special yesterday, that's it.

hibee_girl
30-12-2018, 10:58 AM
He did ok.

He didn’t start off great, a few crosses didn’t go well but then he settled down.

We missed Stevenson though, my Grandad pointed out when Bogdan was looking for someone to release the ball to that Stevenson always creates lots of space for himself and gives us better options.

I’d be in favour of playing Mackie in front of Stevenson when he’s back.

Allant1981
30-12-2018, 11:00 AM
No I don't. I post my opinion. I don't think he was anything special yesterday, that's it.

Would say he got pass marks, some of the crosses were horrendous but thought he had a decent gane

hibsbollah
30-12-2018, 11:02 AM
I thought Mackie was excellent. I love Lewis but I can't help thinking as he gets older his future is in his old centre midfield role.

BILLYHIBS
30-12-2018, 11:05 AM
He did ok.

He didn’t start off great, a few crosses didn’t go well but then he settled down.

We missed Stevenson though, my Grandad pointed out when Bogdan was looking for someone to release the ball to that Stevenson always creates lots of space for himself and gives us better options.

I’d be in favour of playing Mackie in front of Stevenson when he’s back.

Agree would like to see him play in front of Lewis left mid with Slivka Bartley or Milligan and Scottie Allan another SJM type would be nice but not ten a penny :greengrin

BOB MARLEYS DUG
30-12-2018, 12:31 PM
Amongst all the talk of spending money on players, we shouldn't overlook the need to bring through our own, and lads like Porteous and now Mackie seem to be the real deal. I'm not expecting another Golden Generation to arrive, but if we could unearth a midfielder in the mould of Brown or Thomson it would save us a fortune (and ultimately probably make us money down the line).

Hopefully Fraser Murray next.

wookie70
30-12-2018, 12:35 PM
I thought he did really well considering he basically covered that whole side defensively. His final ball wasn't up to its usual standard but that may have been down to Adrenalin as he was over hitting it quite often. Looks a prospect and similarly to Porteous he is a physical match to the experienced players and has a bit about him.

Connollys11
30-12-2018, 12:40 PM
Looks a real good prospect. Needs to work on his stamina though he burned out in the second half.

Green_one
30-12-2018, 12:59 PM
I thought he was great, especially as he is a young player thrown into a derby where others are not performing. Asked to do a lot covering the left

If you are going to moan about someone this is the wrong guy

berwickhibee
30-12-2018, 01:02 PM
I thought Mackie was excellent. I love Lewis but I can't help thinking as he gets older his future is in his old centre midfield role.

My thoughts too. Let mackie flourish and lewis would strengthen an area where we are weakest.

flash
30-12-2018, 01:03 PM
Why the personal dig? Maybe just tell me why you think I'm wrong.

As a wing back he is a good option as he has a good engine and is comfortable on the ball. In a back 4 he wouldn't be replacing Lewis yet but it's early days.

truehibernian
30-12-2018, 01:04 PM
Looks a real good prospect. Needs to work on his stamina though he burned out in the second half.

Really ? I thought he played right to the 94th minute and constantly wanted the ball and forced corners and their full back to defend. Didn’t help he had no outlet either so he was both defender and outside left at times.

Great performance for me.

Liam89
30-12-2018, 01:08 PM

He's never really excelled in CM so not sure why you think an older Lewis would be a good option for us at CM.

Sir David Gray
30-12-2018, 01:10 PM
I thought he did fine but I wouldn't really say he was deserving of a thread of his own.

I've seen enough though to indicate that he is going to be a good player.

blackpoolhibs
30-12-2018, 01:20 PM
He's definitely got it to become a regular, its the biggest game of his career so far and he did a few very good things.

His crossing was ok, with a few bad ones thrown in, but the lad came in and along with Efe was probably our best attacking option last night.

The best compliment i can pay him is we never missed Lewis.

Greenworld
30-12-2018, 01:22 PM
Looks a real good prospect. Needs to work on his stamina though he burned out in the second half.Games give you that

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Inconsequential
30-12-2018, 01:34 PM
I thought Mackie was excellent. I love Lewis but I can't help thinking as he gets older his future is in his old centre midfield role. Lewis was man of the match in the 2007 League Cup Final playing midfield and has gained a lot of experience since then. Could slot into a midfield role no problem. We need a midfield! :agree:

Bad Habits
30-12-2018, 01:36 PM
Thought he did well! His crossing was pretty poor yesterday but apart from that it's difficult to fault him. strong in the tackle and seemed to want the ball.

The most impressive thing for me is the willingness to come inside off the right back, Leighton Baines esque.

For those saying he has no pace, what game were you watching? Constantly caught up with people who had a few yards on him.

Solid performance.

SideBurns
30-12-2018, 01:40 PM
Lewis was man of the match in the 2007 League Cup Final playing midfield and has gained a lot of experience since then. Could slot into a midfield role no problem. We need a midfield! :agree:

If, as we can only hope, Lewis recovers quickly then this could be worth a try. He would certainly add bite and aggression, and has a great engine. It would allow Mackie to settle into the position, and give us some balance on the left; another thing about the present team is the lack of left-footers, all the midfielders want to check back onto their right foot. SJM's departure robbed us of that too.

Crab apple
30-12-2018, 02:27 PM
Thought his performance was one of the few positives to take from last night.

SChibs
30-12-2018, 03:07 PM
Lewis was man of the match in the 2007 League Cup Final playing midfield and has gained a lot of experience since then. Could slot into a midfield role no problem. We need a midfield! :agree:

Were you at Millie or Hamilton away? He played cm there and didn't seem to excel. Maybe a run of games would make difference though

SideBurns
30-12-2018, 03:20 PM
Were you at Millie or Hamilton away? He played cm there and didn't seem to excel. Maybe a run of games would make difference though

At Killie he came on with about 10 mins to go and played cm. It was a strange substitution on a strange day. Good bevvy, mind.

hibsbollah
30-12-2018, 03:39 PM
He's never really excelled in CM so not sure why you think an older Lewis would be a good option for us at CM.

A matter of opinion, obviously, but he did excel at centre mid. If I recall correctly he interchanged between lb and cm before Mixu had him permanently at left back and he stayed there. The MOTM award in 2007 at CM is well discussed. Lewis had a bit of a 'bond' with Collins and he played well there.

As well as his previous experience playing there, he's also bulked up significantly in the last ten years, he used to be a slight figure. He's always been quick, but he's now got the power that would make him good in front of a back four.