PDA

View Full Version : Calling out the midfield

Captain Trips
29-12-2018, 10:48 PM
Aye you lot, your manager may appear to be looking further up the park but IMO various members in this department have not done enough and that for me is the major reason we have struggled.

The passing into the forwards has been in general pish, the crossing pish, the tackling pish.

If that's your best then it's not good enough so while the manager looks at strikers this person whom pays part of your wages lays most of the blame in the middle of the park. Hopefully some of you will be replaced as my only interest is Hibs not individuals.

Pissed off
Glasgow.

Eyrie
30-12-2018, 09:35 AM
Agreed.

It's very easy to say the strikers aren't doing anything, but when they aren't getting service or support it's very difficult for them to make anything happen.

The balance in midfield has been wrong since McGinn left. That comes down to Lennon and the recruitment team not identifying and signing a similar style of player.

The Harp Awakes
30-12-2018, 09:49 AM
When Horgan went off last night our chances of getting a result went out like a light. It left no spark in midfield and little chance of creating anything.

Sad when you consider we were playing a very average Hearts side. Boyle was also a massive loss and not having him playing was probably the difference between losing and winning. Hearts couldn't have handled his pace.

Some bad decisions have been made in the last 6 months by the recruitment department and management. They must do much better over the next 6 months.

WestStandWillie
30-12-2018, 11:17 AM
I dinnae ken what’s happened to the midfield. Looked decent until just efter we beat Hamilton 6-0 and have just chucked it.

Would Lenny be brave and ditch the lot? Allan wid improve it but there’s still too much deadwood.