PDA

View Full Version : This is how it feels (Hearts 291218)

Jonnyboy
29-12-2018, 09:31 PM
I confess I had a bad feeling about this match as we’ve not been firing on all cylinders for some time and you need to be at the top of your game for a local derby. Sadly my bad feeling proved to be something of an omen as despite a rousing last twenty minutes we were second best in just about every department; especially so in midfield where we failed to compete until Lenny changed the formation and brought Whittaker into the engine room. Now, I know I’m ‘just a fan and Lenny knows best’ but it was painfully obvious from very early in the game that we were being dominated in midfield. At that point, Whitty should have been moved to a more central position as it was clear that when he eventually did move there, coupled with the introduction of David Gray saw us pounding the Hearts goal right up to the final whistle.

It can’t have been easy for Lenny, having to pick a team with no fewer than eleven players unavailable to him and in fairness he probably picked the eleven most of us would have gone with. Confusingly, he lined Whitty up in the wide right area whilst Hearts controlled the middle with Djoum and Haring winning all the second balls and keeping their side on the front foot.

There was a fantastic atmosphere inside the ground and the roof nearly came off all four stands as the sides came out at the start. I wonder what the Hibs players made of the outstanding display in the Famous Five. I’d hoped they’d be inspired and they started the game well enough with Horgan in particular causing problems with his direct running. A couple of half chances presented themselves but Doyle had no direct saves to make.

Hearts then started to dominate proceedings and it seemed that every second ball fell to a Hearts man in the midfield area where Slivka and Mallan were outnumbered. Slowly the visitors started to create chances and as the half hour approached, Lee turned Hanlon on the eighteen yard line before striking a spectacular effort into the postage stamp corner which Bogdan had no chance of saving. That took the wind out of the Hibs sails for a while and little else of note happened before the half time break. It was, however noticeable that Hearts began to waste as many precious seconds as they could and I felt Kevin Clancy was lenient with them although Naismith screaming in his face all the time may have affected his judgement.

It was hoped that the half time talk might gee Hibs up a bit but they started with the same formation and suffered the same outcome as Naismith brought out a fine save from Bogdan. The game hit a lull at this point because Hearts were in no hurry and Hibs couldn’t keep the ball for long enough to cause them any problems. Doyle was having an easy night of it in the Hearts goal but he must have breathed a sigh of relief when an Oli Shaw volley dipped late and hit the top of the crossbar on its way out.

Just past the hour mark, I heard something that I haven’t heard for a long time at Easter Road and that was the booing of a substitution when the lively Horgan was replaced by Hyndman. I guess Lenny may have thought Daryl was running out of steam but the move was not at all popular with the home support with many thinking Horgan had been at least trying to make things happen when he had the ball.

Ten minutes after Horgan was replaced, Slivka was withdrawn and replaced by David Gray with the Scottish Cup hero going wide right and Whitty moving into the middle. What a transformation. Suddenly it was Hibs dominating possession but the end product was not there in the final third where I felt Kamberi spent too much time trying and failing to prove to Berra that he was physically stronger whilst Oli Shaw battled on manfully without a real strike partner to share the load. Next, Sean Mackie who had shown up well on the left hit a cracking right foot drive that Doyle parried and collected on the second attempt. Another Mackie strike went just over before a stunning right foot volley from distance by Whittaker saw Doyle get the merest of touches with the ball hitting the post and rolling right along the goal line before spinning out for a corner.

With Hibs pushing forward looking for an equaliser, Hearts were hitting on the break and as Sean Clare rushed into the box he was jockeyed by Ambrose before going down in a heap. The Hearts fans screamed for a penalty but Kevin Clancy was having none of it and promptly booked Clare for simulation. At the other end it was like the Alamo at times with McGregor joining the strikers and the ball being delivered into the area at every opportunity. Both Mallan and Shaw saw late efforts saved by Doyle and when the final whistle went it was a massive disappointment for the home crowd whilst the Hearts players celebrated like they’d won the Scottish Cup. A special mention here for the Hearts captain who took great delight in fist pumping his way along the whole of the East Stand side before flipping the finger and then rushing off to join his team mates in front of the South. Classy, Christophe very classy.

The players

Adam – Although we lost I thought Adam had very little to do over the ninety minutes. Lee’s shot was so well struck that he had no chance to save it.

Efe – I sincerely hope that the rumours about Efe leaving in the January window are unfounded because he was superb again tonight, driving us on at every opportunity. Oh and a special mention for my man of the match for his brilliant nutmeg in the midfield area.

Daz – Majestic in the air as always, he had a few jousts with Naismith and there was only ever going to be one winner in that scenario.

Paul – Defended well enough but will be bitterly disappointed that Lee was able to turn him so easily at the goal.

Whitty – I was surprised when Whitty lined up in the wide right position. His general play was very good though and it got even better when he was moved into the middle.

Slivka – Not one of his better games though he does get through a power of work but like his midfield partner Stevie Mallan doesn’t do nearly enough of a creative nature.

Daryl – Very good from the start and he troubled the Hearts defence on a number of occasions. They seemed to realise his threat and he soon had two men marking him but he still tried to move the game forward at every opportunity.

Stevie – Nowhere near creative enough and for my money played far too deep tonight. Interestingly, despite assertions that he doesn’t like the physical side of thing he got stuck in tonight and picked up a booking for upending a Hearts man.

Sean – I feel Sean has shown enough in the last two games to have us content we have a player on our hands. Always keen to get forward and has a shot that will trouble visiting keepers, he pushed Efe for my man of the match tonight.

Flo – Spent far too much energy trying to challenge Berra to a muscles contest and would have been better concentrating on playing the ball and not the man. I’m really not sure what needs to change to get him scoring again, although a decent supply of ball from midfield would obviously help.

Oli – As the ‘junior’ partner of our strike force I thought his standard of play tonight was streets ahead of Flo’s. His movement is good, he won a number of headers and his link up play was, at times, very good. I know he’s not everybody’s cup of tea but with decent service and a willing partner he’d score a fair few goals for us.

Emerson – A baffling substitution and the truth of the matter is he is more hiding man than Hyndman. Offered absolutely nothing tonight although he might have won a penalty late on when his jersey was clearly pulled inside the box. Unfortunately, Clancy either didn’t see it or bottled it.

SDG – Brought a better balance to the side and I find myself wishing for a 4-4-2 in future as SDG on the right with Boyle in front of him would cause opponents a fair bit of trouble.

Lewis – Another baffling substitution as the laddie was brought on to replace Kamberi when the match was in time added on.

The ref – Whisper it but I thought Clancy was mostly OK. His use of the yellow card was fair and he did try to let the game flow. If I have one gripe it’s that he allowed Hearts to blatantly waste time without adding any on.

Lenny – I’m sorry Neil but whilst I accept your resources were limited tonight, you could have deployed them better. As I’ve said, I’m just a fan with a fan’s view but when you’ve watched football for as many years as I have you don’t need a coaching badge to spot something staring you in the face. I heard him after the match and I heard him ‘sending’ two massive messages to the Board when he said we’re in a good place financially, having received a substantial fee for SJM and having huge home attendances. I sensed that if he doesn’t feel he’s being backed, he will walk.

The fans – Superb turnout and mostly a superb backing of the team but I’m guessing I’m not the only one who site close to a Hibs fan that declares every one of our players is rubbish. Top marks for the display in the FF.

ac1
29-12-2018, 09:43 PM
Berra at the final whistle

supermcginn
29-12-2018, 09:45 PM
Cant agree about shaw one bit im afraid. Totally ineffectual as per usual

Liberal Hibby
29-12-2018, 09:45 PM
Here's what I posted on a Facebook Hibs' forum:

That felt exactly like the 1-0 daylight robbery cup game when Fenlon was in charge. Let’s hope we are a bit more mature and don’t drive the incumbent manager out like we did then.

CMurdoch
29-12-2018, 09:58 PM
Good post.
Pretty much how i saw the match.

The club now needs hard work to get replacements in during the transfer window.

I can't believe how poor Hyndmann has been and there should be no efforts made to extend his deal past January.
I had high hopes for him but he offers next to nothing of what we need.

Agyepong has been all but permanently injured all season.

Mavrias is away

That's 3 wages to use for replacements.

There must also be a chance that MacLaren doesn't come back.

Positives this season have been the great form of Bogdan and Efe. However, I fear Efe is all but away.

Other big positives have been the youth players making the step up to the first team this season:
Porteous has totally made the transition and will continue to improve with every game if we haven't broken him!
Mackie has come in and done very well in the first team this month and is now an integral part of the first team squad.
Shaw has much first team experience now. He still has a lot to learn but is very much part of the first team squad.

It not all doom and gloom folks.

BILLYHIBS
29-12-2018, 10:05 PM
Brilliant honest report as usual JB

I was.surprised to hear Lenny say he was not worried at half time in his post match interview :confused:

I do not have a coaching badge but it was as plain as the nose on my face that we had no quality in the final third and once Hearts had scored their goal albeit a very good one they had achieved their game plan as per the Harry Potter Coaching Manual 2000-2006

Billy Whizz
29-12-2018, 10:19 PM
Cant agree about shaw one bit im afraid. Totally ineffectual as per usual

If that’s all you can contribute after JB’s detailed report, please don’t bother in future

Jones28
29-12-2018, 10:25 PM
Here's what I posted on a Facebook Hibs' forum:

That felt exactly like the 1-0 daylight robbery cup game when Fenlon was in charge. Let’s hope we are a bit more mature and don’t drive the incumbent manager out like we did then.

Really? I thought game we were totally dominant bar their goal, tonight I felt Bogdan kept us in it and we spurned the few chances we created.

Not In The Know
29-12-2018, 10:29 PM
If that’s all you can contribute after JB’s detailed report, please don’t bother in future
It’s tough when you have to be critical of a young player. Especially an academy one but I’m not sure what Shaw brings to the team. He’s not earned the total of a penalty box striker and “just” scores goals, he’s not a target man and he doesn’t run the channels. Kenny Miller put in more of a shift for Dundee the other week.

Shaw should be crawling of the pitch after 60 mins exhausted but for me he doesn’t put enough work in for a youngster. That could be the managers fault tho as he is reluctant to make a substitute until the 89th min.

kaimendhibs
29-12-2018, 10:29 PM
Think that's what he is saying. We had all the play tonight like we did in Fenlons last game but got beat by a wonder goal.
Robbery doesn't cover it

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Billy Whizz
29-12-2018, 10:31 PM
It’s tough when you have to be critical of a young player. Especially an academy one but I’m not sure what Shaw brings to the team. He’s not earned the total of a penalty box striker and “just” scores goals, he’s not a target man and he doesn’t run the channels. Kenny Miller put in more of a shift for Dundee the other week.

Shaw should be crawling of the pitch after 60 mins exhausted but for me he doesn’t put enough work in for a youngster. That could be the managers fault tho as he is reluctant to make a substitute until the 89th min.

Point I was making was, JB has given a long and detailed report, not sure how many words, and someone hijacks the thread with a dig at OS, who probably was our best attacker tonight

Mibbes Aye
29-12-2018, 10:37 PM
I confess I had a bad feeling about this match as we’ve not been firing on all cylinders for some time and you need to be at the top of your game for a local derby. Sadly my bad feeling proved to be something of an omen as despite a rousing last twenty minutes we were second best in just about every department; especially so in midfield where we failed to compete until Lenny changed the formation and brought Whittaker into the engine room. Now, I know I’m ‘just a fan and Lenny knows best’ but it was painfully obvious from very early in the game that we were being dominated in midfield. At that point, Whitty should have been moved to a more central position as it was clear that when he eventually did move there, coupled with the introduction of David Gray saw us pounding the Hearts goal right up to the final whistle.

It can’t have been easy for Lenny, having to pick a team with no fewer than eleven players unavailable to him and in fairness he probably picked the eleven most of us would have gone with. Confusingly, he lined Whitty up in the wide right area whilst Hearts controlled the middle with Djoum and Haring winning all the second balls and keeping their side on the front foot.

There was a fantastic atmosphere inside the ground and the roof nearly came off all four stands as the sides came out at the start. I wonder what the Hibs players made of the outstanding display in the Famous Five. I’d hoped they’d be inspired and they started the game well enough with Horgan in particular causing problems with his direct running. A couple of half chances presented themselves but Doyle had no direct saves to make.

Hearts then started to dominate proceedings and it seemed that every second ball fell to a Hearts man in the midfield area where Slivka and Mallan were outnumbered. Slowly the visitors started to create chances and as the half hour approached, Lee turned Hanlon on the eighteen yard line before striking a spectacular effort into the postage stamp corner which Bogdan had no chance of saving. That took the wind out of the Hibs sails for a while and little else of note happened before the half time break. It was, however noticeable that Hearts began to waste as many precious seconds as they could and I felt Kevin Clancy was lenient with them although Naismith screaming in his face all the time may have affected his judgement.

It was hoped that the half time talk might gee Hibs up a bit but they started with the same formation and suffered the same outcome as Naismith brought out a fine save from Bogdan. The game hit a lull at this point because Hearts were in no hurry and Hibs couldn’t keep the ball for long enough to cause them any problems. Doyle was having an easy night of it in the Hearts goal but he must have breathed a sigh of relief when an Oli Shaw volley dipped late and hit the top of the crossbar on its way out.

Just past the hour mark, I heard something that I haven’t heard for a long time at Easter Road and that was the booing of a substitution when the lively Horgan was replaced by Hyndman. I guess Lenny may have thought Daryl was running out of steam but the move was not at all popular with the home support with many thinking Horgan had been at least trying to make things happen when he had the ball.

Ten minutes after Horgan was replaced, Slivka was withdrawn and replaced by David Gray with the Scottish Cup hero going wide right and Whitty moving into the middle. What a transformation. Suddenly it was Hibs dominating possession but the end product was not there in the final third where I felt Kamberi spent too much time trying and failing to prove to Berra that he was physically stronger whilst Oli Shaw battled on manfully without a real strike partner to share the load. Next, Sean Mackie who had shown up well on the left hit a cracking right foot drive that Doyle parried and collected on the second attempt. Another Mackie strike went just over before a stunning right foot volley from distance by Whittaker saw Doyle get the merest of touches with the ball hitting the post and rolling right along the goal line before spinning out for a corner.

With Hibs pushing forward looking for an equaliser, Hearts were hitting on the break and as Sean Clare rushed into the box he was jockeyed by Ambrose before going down in a heap. The Hearts fans screamed for a penalty but Kevin Clancy was having none of it and promptly booked Clare for simulation. At the other end it was like the Alamo at times with McGregor joining the strikers and the ball being delivered into the area at every opportunity. Both Mallan and Shaw saw late efforts saved by Doyle and when the final whistle went it was a massive disappointment for the home crowd whilst the Hearts players celebrated like they’d won the Scottish Cup. A special mention here for the Hearts captain who took great delight in fist pumping his way along the whole of the East Stand side before flipping the finger and then rushing off to join his team mates in front of the South. Classy, Christophe very classy.

The players

Adam – Although we lost I thought Adam had very little to do over the ninety minutes. Lee’s shot was so well struck that he had no chance to save it.

Efe – I sincerely hope that the rumours about Efe leaving in the January window are unfounded because he was superb again tonight, driving us on at every opportunity. Oh and a special mention for my man of the match for his brilliant nutmeg in the midfield area.

Daz – Majestic in the air as always, he had a few jousts with Naismith and there was only ever going to be one winner in that scenario.

Paul – Defended well enough but will be bitterly disappointed that Lee was able to turn him so easily at the goal.

Whitty – I was surprised when Whitty lined up in the wide right position. His general play was very good though and it got even better when he was moved into the middle.

Slivka – Not one of his better games though he does get through a power of work but like his midfield partner Stevie Mallan doesn’t do nearly enough of a creative nature.

Daryl – Very good from the start and he troubled the Hearts defence on a number of occasions. They seemed to realise his threat and he soon had two men marking him but he still tried to move the game forward at every opportunity.

Stevie – Nowhere near creative enough and for my money played far too deep tonight. Interestingly, despite assertions that he doesn’t like the physical side of thing he got stuck in tonight and picked up a booking for upending a Hearts man.

Sean – I feel Sean has shown enough in the last two games to have us content we have a player on our hands. Always keen to get forward and has a shot that will trouble visiting keepers, he pushed Efe for my man of the match tonight.

Flo – Spent far too much energy trying to challenge Berra to a muscles contest and would have been better concentrating on playing the ball and not the man. I’m really not sure what needs to change to get him scoring again, although a decent supply of ball from midfield would obviously help.

Oli – As the ‘junior’ partner of our strike force I thought his standard of play tonight was streets ahead of Flo’s. His movement is good, he won a number of headers and his link up play was, at times, very good. I know he’s not everybody’s cup of tea but with decent service and a willing partner he’d score a fair few goals for us.

Emerson – A baffling substitution and the truth of the matter is he is more hiding man than Hyndman. Offered absolutely nothing tonight although he might have won a penalty late on when his jersey was clearly pulled inside the box. Unfortunately, Clancy either didn’t see it or bottled it.

SDG – Brought a better balance to the side and I find myself wishing for a 4-4-2 in future as SDG on the right with Boyle in front of him would cause opponents a fair bit of trouble.

Lewis – Another baffling substitution as the laddie was brought on to replace Kamberi when the match was in time added on.

The ref – Whisper it but I thought Clancy was mostly OK. His use of the yellow card was fair and he did try to let the game flow. If I have one gripe it’s that he allowed Hearts to blatantly waste time without adding any on.

Lenny – I’m sorry Neil but whilst I accept your resources were limited tonight, you could have deployed them better. As I’ve said, I’m just a fan with a fan’s view but when you’ve watched football for as many years as I have you don’t need a coaching badge to spot something staring you in the face. I heard him after the match and I heard him ‘sending’ two massive messages to the Board when he said we’re in a good place financially, having received a substantial fee for SJM and having huge home attendances. I sensed that if he doesn’t feel he’s being backed, he will walk.

The fans – Superb turnout and mostly a superb backing of the team but I’m guessing I’m not the only one who site close to a Hibs fan that declares every one of our players is rubbish. Top marks for the display in the FF.

Efe consistently had quality moments and I would agree he was our MOTM.

I think Mackie has taken his opportunity for first-team football very well. He has looked good at his various developmental slots but you never know until it comes to the crunch. He's not afraid to get forward and not afraid of a shot and he seems competent enough defensively. It raises a question about what to do with him - Hanlon got blooded at a similar age but then spent periods on the sidelines. I could see Mackie playing in front of Lewis, but he can also fill in by the looks of it.

As for Shaw, I agree 100%. He's good enough, just needs the game time to develop and flourish.

RoYO!
29-12-2018, 10:42 PM
They created virtually nothing all night. We had by far the better inter-play. Lots of good incisive passing from the back into feet. Final ball not very good.

At the very least we deserved a point.

JeMeSouviens
29-12-2018, 10:48 PM
Efe consistently had quality moments and I would agree he was our MOTM.

I think Mackie has taken his opportunity for first-team football very well. He has looked good at his various developmental slots but you never know until it comes to the crunch. He's not afraid to get forward and not afraid of a shot and he seems competent enough defensively. It raises a question about what to do with him - Hanlon got blooded at a similar age but then spent periods on the sidelines. I could see Mackie playing in front of Lewis, but he can also fill in by the looks of it.

As for Shaw, I agree 100%. He's good enough, just needs the game time to develop and flourish.

I think Mackie is already an upgrade on Lewie as a wing back. Obv question mark is can he do it consistently. As a full back, I guess Lewie would still be first pick for now.

Smartie
29-12-2018, 10:49 PM
I think Mackie is already an upgrade on Lewie as a wing back. Obv question mark is can he do it consistently. As a full back, I guess Lewie would still be first pick for now.

With our current squad Lewis would be my first choice central midfielder.

JeMeSouviens
29-12-2018, 10:50 PM
Really? I thought game we were totally dominant bar their goal, tonight I felt Bogdan kept us in it and we spurned the few chances we created.

Agree with that. The first 20 mins of that cup tie were as one sided a game as I’v ever seen. Still not sure how we lost tbh.

rcarter1
29-12-2018, 10:58 PM
Good post.
Pretty much how i saw the match.

The club now needs hard work to get replacements in during the transfer window.

I can't believe how poor Hyndmann has been and there should be no efforts made to extend his deal past January.
I had high hopes for him but he offers next to nothing of what we need.

Agyepong has been all but permanently injured all season.

Mavrias is away

That's 3 wages to use for replacements.

There must also be a chance that MacLaren doesn't come back.

Positives this season have been the great form of Bogdan and Efe. However, I fear Efe is all but away.

Other big positives have been the youth players making the step up to the first team this season:
Porteous has totally made the transition and will continue to improve with every game if we haven't broken him!
Mackie has come in and done very well in the first team this month and is now an integral part of the first team squad.
Shaw has much first team experience now. He still has much to learn but is very much part of the first team squad.

It not all doom and gloom folks.

Would be happy to drop out some of the floppy loanees etc like Hyndman, and probably a few others, and focus on the young guys, with maybe a signing or two. SDG, Hanlon, McGregor and Stevenson are a solid experienced core to the dressing room. Losing Efe if true really stinks, but right now Im not expecting anything (not even getting top 6) from the team, other than trying to build around what we have.

supermcginn
29-12-2018, 11:06 PM

I'll decide that thankyou.

Smartie
29-12-2018, 11:09 PM
Would be happy to drop out some of the floppy loanees etc like Hyndman, and probably a few others, and focus on the young guys, with maybe a signing or two. SDG, Hanlon, McGregor and Stevenson are a solid experienced core to the dressing room. Losing Efe if true really stinks, but right now Im not expecting anything (not even getting top 6) from the team, other than trying to build around what we have.

I've been really encouraged by Mackie's progress.

He was highly rated enough, but it's not exactly as if anyone was shouting from the rooftops about him, demanding he be put into the side.

He's gone in there and not looked remotely out of place, and has impressed more than a few of our "internationalist" new signings have.

Porteous has really kicked on this year and whilst Shaw has his critics he has scored a few and shown talent in flashes that might be useful in a better team.

Are there any other young players in the reserves that might make a similar impact?

supermcginn
29-12-2018, 11:10 PM
Point I was making was, JB has given a long and detailed report, not sure how many words, and someone hijacks the thread with a dig at OS, who probably was our best attacker tonight

I've as much right to reply to threads as you have. I like the reports from jb but that doesnt mean I can't disagree with his opinions. Just because shaw is young and you've seen him loads for the development team doesnt mean he's good enough or beyond criticism.

Not In The Know
29-12-2018, 11:49 PM
I've as much right to reply to threads as you have. I like the reports from jb but that doesnt mean I can't disagree with his opinions. Just because shaw is young and you've seen him loads for the development team doesnt mean he's good enough or beyond criticism.
Flo wasn’t good enough tonight by FAR. But he’s the senior striker. Shaw didn’t put in any donkey work tonight.

Mibbes Aye
30-12-2018, 12:04 AM

Consistency is the key, you're right. And in reality, it's maybe asking a lot of somebody just turned twenty to do that.

Lewis does the job very well defensively and isn't as bad as an attacking presence as his critics make out. And importantly, his link-up play with Hanlon going forward tends to be exemplary. During Allan's last spell with us the three of them linked up even better, there was just a common understanding of where each other was or needed to be, particularly prominent when we played three at the back and Hanlon had licence to get into the final third.

Mackie looks like he has tons of potential and if we can keep him and manage the game time between him and Stevenson, whether that means using them in different positions or not, then we are looking at what could be a great transition between one of the best LBs Hibs have had to a youngster brimming with talent.

SirDavidsNapper
30-12-2018, 12:07 AM
Each and every Hibs player can gtf. We lost at home to a a Hearts team that just lost 5-0 to Livingston

JK Rolling
30-12-2018, 12:12 AM

The players

:top marks

Ronniekirk
30-12-2018, 09:34 AM
I thought they were the better team first half and knew once they got thier noses in front it was going to be hard to win the game
We were much better second half and deserved a point

Hyndman can go imo If we let Effie go this window as some are suggesting that's a mistake But if it generates a fee then maybe it's needs must But his runs forward can't be replicated by our current midfield players which says it all
Flo is clearly not performing consistently but as the pundits said after the game Lennon is wrong The Forwards aren't the issue it's the lack of service
You may be right Johnnyboy about Lennon scomments being aimed at the Board But he also said he had to take some of the blame for poor recruitment ,and we now need more Robust players But a Major Overhaul isn't possible this window so if that's what he wants to do he will need to still.behete in the Summer
With a full Squad they wouldn't have won , but we chose to play the game so no point dwelling on that
Unbeaten in three games v Old Firm shows wecan raise our game , but we need todo it more often Flo jags been good in the Big games , donor sure why he didn't perform as well last night given the Atmosphere at the start Does he think he is too good for this team ? No idea
Boules direct play and speed were missed

But thier over the top Celebrations and Levine Dig st our Displayshow yet again that Beating Hibs defines them Classless
Given the players we had missing they should of expected to win

FilipinoHibs
30-12-2018, 12:20 PM

The players

How can you dominate when you have less pocession, less shots and less corners. Watching on Hibs TV we looked to be on top for the whole game. Hearts only threatened on the break. I think the result has altered peoples perception of what the game was actually like.

kaimendhibs
30-12-2018, 12:26 PM
How can you dominate when you have less pocession, less shots and less corners. Watching on Hibs TV we looked to be on top for the whole game. Hearts only threatened on the break. I think the result has altered peoples perception of what the game was actually like.2nd half was one way traffic. No lack of effort (from most), just didn't have the killer final ball. I believe if Whittys shot had gone in, we would have won

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Killiehibbie
30-12-2018, 01:39 PM
2nd half was one way traffic. No lack of effort (from most), just didn't have the killer final ball. I believe if Whittys shot had gone in, we would have won

Sent from my VTR-L09 using TapatalkHow many times have we seen that in the last 35 years? They get a goal and it's 10 men behind the ball, falling over, wasting time, getting dodgy decisions in their favour and we are unable to score. We have to find a way to nullify their tactics but for most of that time we have come up short.