PDA

View Full Version : Lennon post match interview

alihibs1
29-12-2018, 07:51 PM
For those who heard it, I just can’t comprehend why Lennon insists that it’s the strikers that are the problem and can even state that the midfield has been decent this year.

All Slivka, Mallan and Hyndman do is prance about and aimlessly punt it towards the strikers before *****bagging out of tackles.

He also made it clear that he wants backing in January and it sounded like he felt like the club were being a bit stingy with the money brought in in the summer.

Big January coming up. Make or break for Lennon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heisenberg
29-12-2018, 07:54 PM
He’s been banging on about the strikers for ages when we are evidently lacking in midfield. Get a good midfield behind Kamberi and he’ll score goals, as we saw last season. Currently he’s getting the ball hoofed up at him to wrestle the central defenders for. Awful use of a good young player.

Crab apple
29-12-2018, 07:54 PM
I agree with your first two paras.

In january he needs to sign Scott Allan and a big experienced forward at the very least.

flash
29-12-2018, 07:56 PM
In true Hibs tradition we should probably lose our best player too.

Hibeesmad
29-12-2018, 07:56 PM
We were crying out for players with a bit of spark today to open up their defence and create chances. Horgan looked the only player who fit the bill but got hooked off when their defence was most vulnerable

The 90+2
29-12-2018, 07:57 PM
I thought Slivka played alright. We missed someone to break up attacks then have the composure on the ball. We always seem to play they ****s at their own game it’s so frustration especially as they where dead on their feet last 15 and brought Shaw off.

wookie70
He just stopped short calling out Flo again and had a go at the players who have been injured. He at least took "some" responsibility in the signings we have made. He amazed me again by blaming the strikers and thinking that we had played pretty well back to front. He did get one thing right in that going to Easter Road is starting to be pretty dull again. He wanted us to play a better style of attacking football but that will never happen with lightweights and non triers all of who he signed. There was so little passion in his voice it was hard to believe we had just been defeated at home to a truly honking Hearts team who had played poorly.

bingo70
In true Hibs tradition we should probably lose our best player too.

I think Efe was looking like today was his last match after the game.

flash
29-12-2018, 07:59 PM
I think Efe was looking like today was his last match after the game.

Aye looks that way.

Speedway
29-12-2018, 08:00 PM
Efe tapped out ‘goodbye Hibs’ in morse code with his boot on the post at a corner tonight.

madhatter
29-12-2018, 08:01 PM
In fairness to Lennon, Kamberi played into Berra's hands and has been shocking for weeks and weeks now. There were times when there was a floated ball that Berra didn't even challenge for and Berra still got it because Kamberi didn't even jump, he is too busy constantly trying to pin his marker and essentially takes himself out of the game because he is square on and in a squatted position (unlikely to get foul as he isn't challenging for the ball and is instead tussling with the defender).
Midfield is shambolic, absolutely but Kamberi and Maclaren have been like two wasted shirts this season.

Lets be honest, European run as well was mainly down to McGinn so things have been pretty poor all season. Mallan's long range shots and freekicks covered up big issues at Hibs.

we are hibs
29-12-2018, 08:06 PM
It's astonishing Mallan is getting a game just now. Even his set pieces are rotten..floated in instead of whipping it. Standing posing in the midfield and wants to be this great passer of the ball but as soon as someone pressures him he loses it. He epitomises this current hibs side.

Borderhibbie76
29-12-2018, 08:07 PM
It's a real.concern he doesn't see issues with that midfield and really worries me about the rest of this season. His bullying of Flo in public has shattered the guys confidence and imo is brutal man management tbh. I really hope he turns this around but am starting to have serious doubts about Lennon tbh. If he doesn't want to be here..which I've had the impression is the case for most of this season - he should just go now. As there is a big rebuild needed and it needs someone 100% focussed and committed

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

SideBurns
He just stopped short calling out Flo again and had a go at the players who have been injured. He at least took "some" responsibility in the signings we have made. He amazed me again by blaming the strikers and thinking that we had played pretty well back to front. He did get one thing right in that going to Easter Road is starting to be pretty dull again. He wanted us to play a better style of attacking football but that will never happen with lightweights and non triers all of who he signed. There was so little passion in his voice it was hard to believe we had just been defeated at home to a truly honking Hearts team who had played poorly.

He didn't need to call out Flo in his interview - subbing him in the last minute of a derby when we were a goal down but piling on the pressure was a statement in itself, in my opinion. I found it ridiculous, and wasn't impressed with the previous substitutions either.

Hearts couldn't have complained if we'd salvaged a point in the 2nd half as we were the better team for most of it, and Whittaker's shot was incredibly unlucky. But that doesn't gloss over the obvious problems within the squad, evem though Lennon seems to continually focus on the strikers when apportioning blame while the midfield is performing very poorly.

alihibs1
Reckon this would be a decent midfield by end of January...

Milligan/Bartley
Dynamic midfielder - skilful, young, powerful, strong
Allan

The 90+2
29-12-2018, 08:08 PM
In fairness to Lennon, Kamberi played into Berra's hands and has been shocking for weeks and weeks now. There were times when there was a floated ball that Berra didn't even challenge for and Berra still got it because Kamberi didn't even jump, he is too busy constantly trying to pin his marker and essentially takes himself out of the game because he is square on and in a squatted position (unlikely to get foul as he isn't challenging for the ball and is instead tussling with the defender).
Midfield is shambolic, absolutely but Kamberi and Maclaren have been like two wasted shirts this season.

Lets be honest, European run as well was mainly down to McGinn so things have been pretty poor all season. Mallan's long range shots and freekicks covered up big issues at Hibs.

No, our tactics again played into Berra’s hands. Ball to feet ffs.

Ozyhibby
29-12-2018, 08:08 PM
We need 2/3 quality midfielders. If Lennon can’t see that then he’s not the man for the job.
As far as complaining about the strikers goes, why go into a season with only 3? If he thinks we need a better striker then go and get one and stop whining about it.
We have money available and it’s time it was spent or reasons why given to the fans.

Ozyhibby
29-12-2018, 08:10 PM
Reckon this would be a decent midfield by end of January...

Milligan/Bartley
Dynamic midfielder - skilful, young, powerful, strong
Allan

That would be ok but for Milligan and Bartley. Neither are what we need.
Glen Kamara from Dundee would be good though.

500miles
We need 2/3 quality midfielders. If Lennon can’t see that then he’s not the man for the job.
As far as complaining about the strikers goes, why go into a season with only 3? If he thinks we need a better striker then go and get one and stop whining about it.
We have money available and it’s time it was spent or reasons why given to the fans.

We need a dynamic midfielder, and someone to play the telling pass. It would be nice to have Agyepong fit, or a replacement, and Gray properly fit.

alihibs1

No chance imo

madhatter
29-12-2018, 08:16 PM
No, our tactics again played into Berra’s hands. Ball to feet ffs.

To which feet? Kamberi's movement is practically non-existent and again was very close to Berra or his marker whole game. Our midfield get a bleeding nose if they are too far up the field and regularly pass it sideways.

If you pass it sideways slowly over-and-over again, I'm sorry to reveal the only thing to come of that, unless you are Barcelona and have Messi et al, is you play a poor cross/long ball into the middle under pressure or you lose the ball. A midfield that doesn't have one player that drives with intent and a static forward line results in long hopeful balls eventually. Especially when you are losing, hence the call for McGregor to go upfront.

Kamberi also got the ball to feet a fair few times in the first half, he kept ahold of it too long and Berra got it from him. Kamberi has been poor regardless of tactics.

Ozyhibby
29-12-2018, 08:16 PM
No chance imo

Won’t know until we try. He’s out of contract in the summer. Dundee will want something for him. We can offer him more money than he’s getting just now. Let’s ask and see.

malcolm
29-12-2018, 08:28 PM
I can’t get excited about the failure to highlight the midfield as issue. I mean maybe announcing loudly in public that the manager is desperate for more creativity in midfield might not be the best tactic if seeking to say bring in Scott Allan in January? :dunno:

What is said in public and what want in private might not be the same but he is right in that the forwards are not producing the goods. Midfield creativity or lack of it, may be an issue, but Flo is certainly suffering from teams now knowing more what to expect. As the manager said when pushed over him in the interview he is still a young forward and still learning.

I would not normally come on here after a defeat but that was not a bad performance.

I'm Spartacus
29-12-2018, 09:10 PM
I’ll shout one thing in Lennon’s favour, the post match interview, credit to him for actually facing the media for once, took the credit for the Celtic game and it was the first time in weeks we heard from him.

Take it on the chin big man, I still believe in you.

Radium
29-12-2018, 09:14 PM
https://youtu.be/vAALQD3F44M

One Day Soon
29-12-2018, 09:19 PM
To which feet? Kamberi's movement is practically non-existent and again was very close to Berra or his marker whole game. Our midfield get a bleeding nose if they are too far up the field and regularly pass it sideways.

If you pass it sideways slowly over-and-over again, I'm sorry to reveal the only thing to come of that, unless you are Barcelona and have Messi et al, is you play a poor cross/long ball into the middle under pressure or you lose the ball. A midfield that doesn't have one player that drives with intent and a static forward line results in long hopeful balls eventually. Especially when you are losing, hence the call for McGregor to go upfront.

Kamberi also got the ball to feet a fair few times in the first half, he kept ahold of it too long and Berra got it from him. Kamberi has been poor regardless of tactics.

Absolutely cracking post which diagnoses our core problem. We are not far from being a very good team, but that not far part is the hardest to fix. An Allan type player would make all the difference, but our forwards need to step up too.

rcarter1
29-12-2018, 09:41 PM
It's a real.concern he doesn't see issues with that midfield and really worries me about the rest of this season. His bullying of Flo in public has shattered the guys confidence and imo is brutal man management tbh. I really hope he turns this around but am starting to have serious doubts about Lennon tbh. If he doesn't want to be here..which I've had the impression is the case for most of this season - he should just go now. As there is a big rebuild needed and it needs someone 100% focussed and committed

Im with this. Lennon has been a great for us, but is sounding a bit 'Mourinho - Im fed up with this get me out of here'. Whatever the issue with Kamberi, I cant agree with how he is dealing with it.

I would be happy enough to see Lennon depart in the window - obviously if we dont have a replacement then thats no such a good idea.

OR

Keep Lennon, Get rid of half the team, and replace with better/more finished players (with what budget?).

Ozyhibby
29-12-2018, 09:58 PM
https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11792/11594609/hibernian-need-major-overhaul-in-january-transfer-window-says-neil-lennon

More here admitting the recruitement was bad in the summer and saying he thinks the players are too soft when it comes to injuries.

The Green Goblin
29-12-2018, 10:06 PM
I thought Slivka played alright. We missed someone to break up attacks then have the composure on the ball. We always seem to play they ****s at their own game it’s so frustration especially as they where dead on their feet last 15 and brought Shaw off.

I thought Slivka was involved in the game but he wasn’t nearly effective enough. That’s as good as he gets.

familyman
29-12-2018, 10:11 PM
Lennon is ambitious and surely will not stick around unless Board release the £2m we have hidden under the floor boards!
This team is full of average players some lacking fight and nearly all short of ideas.Our signings this year are certainly not complete football players and the time to mature is time we really cannot afford.
Tactically Hearts knew what they were doing we just looked lost when we had the ball and unsure far too often.Slow paced and second to so many things today ,given we spend the same this season as last to get in to games we should reasonably expect a similar value in what we see..I am still waiting for some real skill to be shown ,where or where is Scott Alan ..

:agree:

Connollys11
29-12-2018, 10:17 PM
I agree with everything lenny is said in his post match interview like. He'll change it around in January though hopefully the tash backs him with a real transfer budget this window. All the money we've made in the last 3 season's and lenny spent 200k on two players.

Smartie
29-12-2018, 10:20 PM
If Lennon seriously thinks the midfield is up to scratch then he needs to be the first one to go.

I do think he's playing games however, and we'll see some major surgery to that midfield in January.

wookie70
29-12-2018, 11:22 PM
20 shots at goal today with 4 on target and no goals gives Lennon ammunition to complain about the strikers.
As for January being make or break for Lennon?
There aren't half a lot of zoomers on this forum.

See that? In black and white on the internet so it must be true.

How many shots were from the strikers. I can remember one from Shaw that hit the bar and another from Flo over the bar but other than that I'm struggling. Is it the strikers faults that the defenders and midfielders are constantly hitting off target shots. To be honest with the amount of flack that Flo is taking from Lennon it wouldn't surprise me if he was called out by our manager for not getting midfielders and defenders shots on target. He gets the blame for everything else.

gillythehibby
29-12-2018, 11:22 PM
How many chances are we actually creating fir our main striker though? Our final pass or crosses into the box abysmal. Canny all be big Flo's fault

calumhibee1
29-12-2018, 11:25 PM
If Lennon seriously thinks the midfield is up to scratch then he needs to be the first one to go.

I do think he's playing games however, and we'll see some major surgery to that midfield in January.

That was my thought when hearing that. I took from his interview that he wants to replace the strikers. The midfield is the glaring issue and he never seems to acknowledge it.

If it is a game that he’s playing then fine, if not then I’d be extremely concerned at what will happen in this coming window.

matty_f
29-12-2018, 11:27 PM
Efe tapped out ‘goodbye Hibs’ in morse code with his boot on the post at a corner tonight.

Is there anything that man can't do?

matty_f
29-12-2018, 11:28 PM
How many chances are we actually creating fir our main striker though? Our final pass or crosses into the box abysmal. Canny all be big Flo's fault

Exactly. We have no midfield, it's ridiculous blaming the forwards for it when the players behind them are spectating for most of the game.

bigwheel
29-12-2018, 11:32 PM
Exactly. We have no midfield, it's ridiculous blaming the forwards for it when the players behind them are spectating for most of the game.

I think it is easy to judge both parts of our team...regardless of supply, there is more than enough on view to have an opinion on the forwards...they have been nowhere near good enough. And it's clear the midfield is lacking too..

overdrive
29-12-2018, 11:32 PM
The midfield and strikers are shocking. Yet the two best performers tonight out of those two areas (Slivka and Horgan) get hauled off. I think Lennon needs to take some of the blame here.

sorrow sorrow
29-12-2018, 11:34 PM
Just sign half decent midfielders,sounds easy but cmon to Fck we have signed absolute ***** replayments for McGinn mcgeough Allan,that’s what it comes down to,I feel for Lennon,no **** manager could get any better from that average bunch of triers

Jim44
29-12-2018, 11:41 PM
I agree with your first two paras.

In january he needs to sign Scott Allan and a big experienced forward at the very least.

Until today, I didn’t think there was the remotest possibility of signing Allan, but there’s every chance that the Sevco win is a wake up call for Celtic to take stock of their dwindling monopoly of Scottish football. Allan could be part of a big shake up there. Hopefully some sort of deal can be made. If not, I suspect he will sign for Sevco in summer, especially if they sustain their potential dominance over Celtic.

gillythehibby
29-12-2018, 11:45 PM
Some interesting comments about average players etc. Doesn't seem to be stopping Kilmarnock though eh? Just a thought

MWHIBBIES
30-12-2018, 12:11 AM
I agree with everything lenny is said in his post match interview like. He'll change it around in January though hopefully the tash backs him with a real transfer budget this window. All the money we've made in the last 3 season's and lenny spent 200k on two players.What about the big wages hes spent on guys like Ambrose and Stokes? or the money spent paying off Stokes? Lennon has spent A LOT more than 200k.

Joe6-2
30-12-2018, 12:16 AM
For those who heard it, I just can’t comprehend why Lennon insists that it’s the strikers that are the problem and can even state that the midfield has been decent this year.

All Slivka, Mallan and Hyndman do is prance about and aimlessly punt it towards the strikers before *****bagging out of tackles.

He also made it clear that he wants backing in January and it sounded like he felt like the club were being a bit stingy with the money brought in in the summer.

Big January coming up. Make or break for Lennon.

I love having NL as manager, but is he for real??

Sammy7nil
30-12-2018, 12:25 AM

I thought it was only me who saw \ heard that glad u did too :greengrin:

plhibs
30-12-2018, 01:18 AM
Talking about midfield I don't think there's a hope in hell that Allan will sign for us, the mob from Govan are crying out for a player like him and I think SG will be trying to get him. Does anyone know if he plays for the reserve team for Celtic ?

houstonhibbee
30-12-2018, 01:25 AM

Was subbed at half time today

Iain G
30-12-2018, 01:29 AM
Just sign half decent midfielders,sounds easy but cmon to Fck we have signed absolute ***** replayments for McGinn mcgeough Allan,that’s what it comes down to,I feel for Lennon,no **** manager could get any better from that average bunch of triers

Yet he/we are not getting the best out of the Aussie Captain, an American international, a Scotland u21 player and a Lithuanian international player...

Robbo6-2
30-12-2018, 07:37 AM
The striker comments are very strange to me when it's so obvious it's the midfield that's the issue.

When Kamberi and Mclaren had Mcginn Mcgeough and Allan behind him we were calling them best strike partnership for years. These guys don't suddenly become ***** over night.

The arrivals of Mallan Horgan Slivka Hyndman Milligan have not been up to scratch. All of them Lennons signings

we are hibs
30-12-2018, 07:41 AM
Can't wait to see who the miracle worker is that he has lined up to play upfront and make something out of aimless punts forward. Maybe he was never going to replace last season's midfield to that standard but he could've had a way better one than this current shambles.

JimBHibees
30-12-2018, 07:48 AM
I thought Slivka was involved in the game but he wasn’t nearly effective enough. That’s as good as he gets.

Personally struggle a bit with Silvka always looks a neat technical football player but so many games seem to pass him by probably not helped with his current midfield colleagues.

JimBHibees
30-12-2018, 07:54 AM

He isn't stupid you have got to hope he doesn't want to highlight an area of weakness and is as you say playing a game and will get players in pronto. Certainly hope so when I heard him say 2/3rds of the team were fine couldn't believe it.

Onion
30-12-2018, 07:59 AM
Lennon is ambitious and surely will not stick around unless Board release the £2m we have hidden under the floor boards!
This team is full of average players some lacking fight and nearly all short of ideas.Our signings this year are certainly not complete football players and the time to mature is time we really cannot afford.
Tactically Hearts knew what they were doing we just looked lost when we had the ball and unsure far too often.Slow paced and second to so many things today ,given we spend the same this season as last to get in to games we should reasonably expect a similar value in what we see..I am still waiting for some real skill to be shown ,where or where is Scott Alan ..

:agree:

Agree with this. Our strikers were honking last night ( as they have been for weeks) but they are not the problem - Lennon is wrong. Our midfield is below average is all respects. Slivka tries hard, Horgan disappears for long spells and Mallan is a waste of a jersey. None can tackle. The Hibs Board will only release funds if they think Lennon will use it wisely. His previous buys/loans have been poor, so it's in the balance. Perfect excuse for Lennon to walk away.

I'm Spartacus
30-12-2018, 08:35 AM
He’s an issue with Flo and I’d rather he dealt with it privately - although maybe he’s tried right enough.

J-C
30-12-2018, 08:37 AM
He’s an issue with Flo and I’d rather he dealt with it privately - although maybe he’s tried right enough.

All reminiscent of Jose and Pogba.

Heisenberg
30-12-2018, 08:42 AM
Some interesting comments about average players etc. Doesn't seem to be stopping Kilmarnock though eh? Just a thought

Difference is Killie have a good balance of average players that are playing well beyond their capabilities due to good management. We have an absolute shambles of attacking midfielders (and a winger out of position) that are being cobbled together to try and make a cohesive unit in midfield. The blame for that goes to Lennon/the recruitment team/the board.

We have no drive from midfield. No energy. No one to take the ball forward. They are all fancy wee players with the ball but have nothing about them. Mallan and Hyndman both played well previously in Scotland as number 10s but haven’t played there for us consistently. Horgan is a winger being played in that position. Slivka rarely puts his stamp on a game for 90 minutes.

Lennon should really be looking to fix the rotten midfield he’s built before buying another striker. I fear that we’ll sign a 6ft 5 giant and bypass the midfield all together.

number9dream
30-12-2018, 10:06 AM
Difference is Killie have a good balance of average players that are playing well beyond their capabilities due to good management. We have an absolute shambles of attacking midfielders (and a winger out of position) that are being cobbled together to try and make a cohesive unit in midfield. The blame for that goes to Lennon/the recruitment team/the board.

We have no drive from midfield. No energy. No one to take the ball forward. They are all fancy wee players with the ball but have nothing about them. Mallan and Hyndman both played well previously in Scotland as number 10s but haven’t played there for us consistently. Horgan is a winger being played in that position. Slivka rarely puts his stamp on a game for 90 minutes.

Lennon should really be looking to fix the rotten midfield he’s built before buying another striker. I fear that we’ll sign a 6ft 5 giant and bypass the midfield all together.

Spot on... Mallan, Horgan, Slivka and Hyndman are all tidy players and will show up well when things are on the up - like battering Hamilton at home. They tend to go missing when we're up against it.
Some of that is down to personality. McGinn & McGeouch were big characters on the pitch as well as technically gifted.
Obviously the team for the derby would have looked different if Lennon had a full squad to chose from but midfield balance has been an issue all season.

Borderhibbie76
30-12-2018, 10:12 AM
Been thinking about this...by all accounts Lennons our highest paid manager ever...yet we sit 8th and 5 points outside the Top 6 going into the winter break. I wonder when he's going to start taking some of the responsibility himself and stop blaming everything on Flo???

I honestly wouldn't shed a tear if he walked tomorrow but if not he needs to seriously sort that midfield out in Jan or nothing will change in second half of season.

It's the worst midfield we've had at Hibs since the relegation and he signed the lot of them

Jim44
30-12-2018, 10:15 AM
Talking about midfield I don't think there's a hope in hell that Allan will sign for us, the mob from Govan are crying out for a player like him and I think SG will be trying to get him. Does anyone know if he plays for the reserve team for Celtic ?

I’ve asked umpteen times if he is involved in any way with playing at any level with Celtic. Nobody seems very sure. He seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth. He certainly won’t have any allegiance to them. A pre-contract with Sevco is on the cards and considering the esteem Celtic hold him in, I don’t think they could care less where he goes. He’ll hang around Parkhead for his couple of hundred grand they owe him and then up sticks for the club who offer him the best deal. That’s unlikely to be us, unfortunately.

Hibeesmad
30-12-2018, 10:20 AM
I’ve asked umpteen times if he is involved in any way with playing at any level with Celtic. Nobody seems very sure. He seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth. He certainly won’t have any allegiance to them. A pre-contract with Sevco is on the cards and considering the esteem Celtic hold him in, I don’t think they could care less where he goes. He’ll hang around Parkhead for his couple of hundred grand they owe him and then up sticks for the club who offer him the best deal. That’s unlikely to be us, unfortunately.

I think he will be a hibs player for our next game

Ozyhibby
30-12-2018, 10:37 AM

Rogers made it clear during his post window fall out with the Celtic board that as well as not being happy that the board failed to bring in McGinn that he was also unhappy that his first team squad (which includes Allan) was too big and there were too many players he was not using and it was making training difficult.
Allan still trains with the first team.

CropleyisGod
30-12-2018, 10:37 AM

Agree with last para. Last night we saw a team of big bullies against a team trying to play football but lacking the creativity to break down an eight man defence. I don’t want to play football Rolf Harris style thank you.

Radium
30-12-2018, 11:00 AM
Across a few of the interviews yesterday Lennon has mentioned inconsistent performances at training and players crying off before matches. In recent weeks I wonder if Milligan falls into this category. Maybe not a conscious decision but he trained on arrival in the gulf and starts today. National team captain who is leading his country in defence of the title so may have his priorities the wrong way around for us.

Injuries have not helped. I am sure that Efe is the only defender that hasn’t been out injured. Can’t remember Mallan being injured but sure the rest of the midfielders have been out at some point. That includes an injury to Fraser Murray that has stopped him getting an opportunity. Up front can’t remember Shaw being out. You have to cope with these and we haven’t.

International breaks in October and November were no help as we had so many players either away or injured. This was when St Johnstone sorted their season out, no doubt with work in training with an almost full squad.

Thoughts for the next few weeks, it is stating the obvious to say the top third is where the problems are. Scott Allan would be a good start.

truehibernian
30-12-2018, 11:08 AM
Across a few of the interviews yesterday Lennon has mentioned inconsistent performances at training and players crying off before matches. In recent weeks I wonder if Milligan falls into this category. Maybe not a conscious decision but he trained on arrival in the gulf and starts today. National team captain who is leading his country in defence of the title so may have his priorities the wrong way around for us.

Injuries have not helped. I am sure that Efe is the only defender that hasn’t been out injured. Can’t remember Mallan being injured but sure the rest of the midfielders have been out at some point. That includes an injury to Fraser Murray that has stopped him getting an opportunity. Up front can’t remember Shaw being out. You have to cope with these and we haven’t.

International breaks in October and November were no help as we had so many players either away or injured. This was when St Johnstone sorted their season out, no doubt with work in training with an almost full squad.

Thoughts for the next few weeks, it is stating the obvious to say the top third is where the problems are. Scott Allan would be a good start.

Neither has certain players feigning them and/or spinning them out :cb

Speedway
30-12-2018, 11:08 AM

Wasn’t Mallan out a couple of games ago?

11 players injured isn’t a coincidence though, that’s for sure.

Radium
30-12-2018, 11:10 AM

Couldn’t remember. Would be consistent. [emoji3525]

hibee_girl
30-12-2018, 11:22 AM

Yeah Mallan missed the Livi game last weekend

tamig
30-12-2018, 11:33 AM
He was at the game last night.

The Green Goblin
30-12-2018, 11:35 AM
Neither has certain players feigning them and/or spinning them out :cb

Any names/clues??

truehibernian
30-12-2018, 11:56 AM
Any names/clues??

I think young Agyepong isn’t interested, McLaren could have played earlier than he did, and Marciano spins things out (personally). Milligan captaining his National side in a meaningless friendly says a lot too.

I’d go as far as saying all the loan players have to look at themselves in the mirror and ask whether they’re really helping their team mates and doing all they can for the cause - they’re not in my opinion. Injuries to SDG, Lewy Darren and Hanlon you can sympathise with as they’d play through pain barriers and have done - the rest don’t have an ounce of their resilience and character when it comes to that kind of thing. And I’m not talking about exacerbating injuries or putting your mid to long term playing career at risk, I’m talking about not thinking a wee soreness on the calf is an injury needing three games out ! Certain players lack fighting spirit for me bud.

I was called out last week for suggesting it, quite interesting Neil mentioned it in a few pressers last night - so there is substance in it. I don’t think it was post game pessimism either, I think he knew what he was saying and who it was directed at.

Jim44
30-12-2018, 12:03 PM
He was at the game last night.

Interesting.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
30-12-2018, 12:07 PM
It’s only words. Need to see actions.

Ozyhibby
30-12-2018, 03:15 PM
I think young Agyepong isn’t interested, McLaren could have played earlier than he did, and Marciano spins things out (personally). Milligan captaining his National side in a meaningless friendly says a lot too.

I’d go as far as saying all the loan players have to look at themselves in the mirror and ask whether they’re really helping their team mates and doing all they can for the cause - they’re not in my opinion. Injuries to SDG, Lewy Darren and Hanlon you can sympathise with as they’d play through pain barriers and have done - the rest don’t have an ounce of their resilience and character when it comes to that kind of thing. And I’m not talking about exacerbating injuries or putting your mid to long term playing career at risk, I’m talking about not thinking a wee soreness on the calf is an injury needing three games out ! Certain players lack fighting spirit for me bud.

I was called out last week for suggesting it, quite interesting Neil mentioned it in a few pressers last night - so there is substance in it. I don’t think it was post game pessimism either, I think he knew what he was saying and who it was directed at.

Def wasn’t the heat of the moment as he said it in the pre games pressers as well. Said he was looking to sign more resilient players in the window.

One Day Soon
30-12-2018, 03:19 PM
I think some of this squad is about to experience the full Neil Lennon version of the Sir Alex hairdyer.

The Green Goblin
30-12-2018, 04:09 PM

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I asked but wasn’t really sure if you could/would tell me, so cheers for that. Going back a few years, we used to bemoan this perception that there was an attitude problem at the club, either in terms of being too soft on the park, or that too many players were messing about and were not professional or committed enough in general. Your post called that to mind a bit and that’s not a scenario anyone would want to see returning. Your first paragraph is very interesting, and disappointing too of course. The forthcoming winter transfer window has taken on the importance of a summer one imo. I wonder how ruthless NL is prepared to be.... :hmmm:

One Day Soon
30-12-2018, 04:14 PM
Thanks for taking the time to reply. I asked but wasn’t really sure if you could/would tell me, so cheers for that. Going back a few years, we used to bemoan this perception that there was an attitude problem at the club, either in terms of being too soft on the park, or that too many players were messing about and were not professional or committed enough in general. Your post called that to mind a bit and that’s not a scenario anyone would want to see returning. Your first paragraph is very interesting, and disappointing too of course. The forthcoming winter transfer window has taken on the importance of a summer one imo. I wonder how ruthless NL is prepared to be.... :hmmm:

I think he'd chop an arm off without anaesthetic to save the body. The Stokes situation showed that. Let's see...

Green_one
30-12-2018, 04:29 PM
If its tactics or articulating a real need, I doubt many believe that we are going to spend a lot this winter break. If he is signalling a willingness to dump some players, that may help but they have to be ones we can profit from, mainly those on short loans.

So with the usual financial limitations plus a potential need to sell Efe before he becomes a nill asset, I will be surprised to see many changes. A swapping of some loan players and Scott Allan is about the most I personally expect.

He is generally going to have to work with what he has.

angus hibby
30-12-2018, 04:36 PM
I think some of this squad is about to experience the full Neil Lennon version of the Sir Alex hairdyer.

I hope not. Very rarely will get this the best out of modern day players.

One Day Soon
30-12-2018, 04:39 PM
I hope not. Very rarely will get this the best out of modern day players.

The Lennon version is more likely to be sending them on their way.

BILLYHIBS
30-12-2018, 04:41 PM
I was surprised to hear he was not panicking at half time. :confused:

I certainly was as an early goal for them was Potters game plan

flash
30-12-2018, 05:15 PM
I was surprised to hear he was not panicking at half time. :confused:

I certainly was as an early goal goal for them was Potters game plan

Aye because you really want your manager to panic.

Hi Heid Yin
30-12-2018, 05:24 PM

Any hairdryer treatment from Neil Lennon will not come a day too soon.

The lack of heart and fight and grit from some of our players has been hard to stomach.....The Killie capitulation springs to mind and still rankles.

judas
30-12-2018, 05:32 PM

I thought I saw that too

BILLYHIBS
30-12-2018, 05:34 PM
Aye because you really want your manager to panic.

I admit I was panicking because we had no quality final third I was expecting a change at the start of the second half to make a difference but nothing cos he wisnae concerned what did he come up with Hyndman for Horgan :confused: Latterly SDG better ! then Dazza as an emergency centre forward Potter was loving it.

judas
30-12-2018, 06:18 PM
At least this time he wasn’t hinting that he would leave the club.

lapsedhibee
30-12-2018, 06:27 PM

Saw that but, such is the level of disrespect for the club at the moment, he didn't even bother capitalising the H. Disgrace. Lennon really needs to get a grip on players' discipline.

Weegreenman
30-12-2018, 06:54 PM
We have a very good goalkeeper in Bogdan.

We are are at times still a soft touch at the back.

Midfield is rotten.

Two decent strikers short at the sharp end.

We we have a manager who can’t see what the problems are because he might have to admit that he has to take some of the blame. Instead he’ll publicly criticise a player we all know given the service he’ll score goals. Lennon is in serious trouble now if you ask me. January transfer window could be his last throw of the dice as Hibs manager. I truly want him to succeed and will back him to the hilt but he needs to get real and it starts with him being more honest regards the midfield players he brought to the club not being upto the task thus far!

wookie70
30-12-2018, 10:14 PM
I think he'd chop an arm off without anaesthetic to save the body. The Stokes situation showed that. Let's see...

How many limbs need removed this time. The body sometimes doesn't survive such major trauma and of course prevention is always better than cure.

One Day Soon
30-12-2018, 10:19 PM
How many limbs need removed this time. The body sometimes doesn't survive such major trauma and of course prevention is always better than cure.

Don't know, worked with the Stokes situation though didn't it?

wookie70
30-12-2018, 10:33 PM
Don't know, worked with the Stokes situation though didn't it? Are you saying that emptying, no doubt at a cost, a Cup Winner who we hadn't heard too much behaviour wise in his previous spell, for poor behaviour as he couldn't find another way to solve the situation is an example of good management.
He was correct to empty Stokes but not sure it was a good decision to sign him and it wasn't the best of management that it got to that stage. Like Kamberi Stokes was the main culprit but I wan't managers to have some tools in their bag apart from throwing players out the club. To me Kamberi looks like he needs a cuddle not another kick in the stones. That ship may have sailed though given Lennon's comments and I doubt we will get better.

I'm Spartacus
30-12-2018, 10:36 PM
Sportscene highlighting what the main issue could have been, the formation meant we had excess at the back and not enough in midfield, Neil has to see that and fix it.

Hibee Mac
30-12-2018, 10:39 PM
Sportscene highlighting what the main issue could have been, the formation meant we had excess at the back and not enough in midfield, Neil has to see that and fix it.

That's been our problem all season when playing 3 at the back. Unreal how Lennon has not addressed this by consistently playing 4 at the back.

J-C
30-12-2018, 10:40 PM

Quite a few have already pointed out the 3 at the back wasn't working but Lennon seems to think it was, which is a worry.

One Day Soon
30-12-2018, 10:54 PM
Are you saying that emptying, no doubt at a cost, a Cup Winner who we hadn't heard too much behaviour wise in his previous spell, for poor behaviour as he couldn't find another way to solve the situation is an example of good management.
He was correct to empty Stokes but not sure it was a good decision to sign him and it wasn't the best of management that it got to that stage. Like Kamberi Stokes was the main culprit but I wan't managers to have some tools in their bag apart from throwing players out the club. To me Kamberi looks like he needs a cuddle not another kick in the stones. That ship may have sailed though given Lennon's comments and I doubt we will get better.

I guess you either trust Lennon or you don't.

wookie70
30-12-2018, 11:05 PM
I guess you either trust Lennon or you don't.

I think that is the big debate and there is only one way to know. I don't want him sacked but I do think his team is under performing and he needs to do better as well as the players. If we end up 8th and the current team is added to with signings who look the same quality then I think the board have a decision to make in the summer. Plenty time for Lennon to start making progress and I really hope he does.

One Day Soon
30-12-2018, 11:08 PM
I think that is the big debate and there is only one way to know. I don't want him sacked but I do think his team is under performing and he needs to do better as well as the players. If we end up 8th and the current team is added to with signings who look the same quality then I think the board have a decision to make in the summer. Plenty time for Lennon to start making progress and I really hope he does.

I pretty much agree with that.

I start from the point of hoping and believing that he will while I think a number of others seem to believe - and in one or two cases appear to hope - that he won't.

Tornadoes70
30-12-2018, 11:49 PM

Yep the manager michael stewart who's won umpteen honours guiding clubs to success. Its all far too easy to sit in warm BBC blue and maroon coloured studios while criticising Lenny who actually is a manager. Granted Lenny got it wrong but he'll be busy working out how to get it right.

BBC pundits eh.

The_Horde
30-12-2018, 11:57 PM
Yep the manager michael stewart who's won umpteen honours guiding clubs to success. Its all far too easy to sit in warm BBC blue and maroon coloured studios while criticising Lenny who actually is a manager. Granted Lenny got it wrong but he'll be busy working out how to get it right.

BBC pundits eh.

I wouldn't bank on it. He'll be thinking up how he can deflect the blame onto the players again.

Tornadoes70
31-12-2018, 12:03 AM
I wouldn't bank on it. He'll be thinking up how he can deflect the blame onto the players again.

A low blow.

Lenny's been hit hard many times here in Scotland from some dreadful ****. He's never hid, it's not in his nature.

Let's get behind Lenny even if its positive criticism.

Reject the usual snide punditry from some who sit in warm BBC blue and maroon coloured studio ex players who've never managed a club.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

:flag:

Chorley Hibee
31-12-2018, 05:39 AM

McLaren and Milligan once again fit to pull on an Australia top I see. I wonder what injuries they'll arrive back at Easter Road with.

Libby Hibby
31-12-2018, 06:21 AM
Lennon wanted his more senior players on the pitch. Stopping short of starting Whittiker In holding midfield role (which would’ve set this place into a meltdown beyond all meltdowns) what other formation could he have played with the personnel available on the night.

A few lads on here with a degree and masters in Hindsight.

calumhibee1
31-12-2018, 07:00 AM
Lennon wanted his more senior players on the pitch. Stopping short of starting Whittiker In holding midfield role (which would’ve set this place into a meltdown beyond all meltdowns) what other formation could he have played with the personnel available on the night.

He had 2 of his senior players on the bench in Gray and Bartley? I’m not criticising his team selection the other night btw, but he could have just straight swapped Whittaker for Gray which is probably the change most people would have wanted? It didn’t need to mean Whittaker into holding midfield, especially with Marv on the bench aswell.

Stuart93
31-12-2018, 07:22 AM
McLaren and Milligan once again fit to pull on an Australia top I see. I wonder what injuries they'll arrive back at Easter Road with.

One of them might not arrive back

bingo70
31-12-2018, 07:50 AM

This is my problem with some of the things Lennon has said recently.

His cryptic messages about some players not playing through injuries has now lead to finger pointing at individual players who for all we know might not be the ones he’s referring to.

Tyler Durden
31-12-2018, 07:57 AM

It’s not hindsight, plenty people pointed out before the game that we might be better playing a 4-5-1 type formation. We regularly start 2 strikers but struggle to get the ball to them in good areas because of the failure of our midfield. It wasn’t hard to predict that Shaw would struggle against Hearts defenders - albeit I thought he was better than Kamberi.

So no, not hindsight - just common sense and learning from previous games. Lennon seems content to stick his head in the sand and blame Kamberi for everything

JimBHibees
31-12-2018, 07:57 AM
This is my problem with some of the things Lennon has said recently.

His cryptic messages about some players not playing through injuries has now lead to finger pointing at individual players who for all we know might not be the ones he’s referring to.

Tend to agree sometimes better to keep your own counsel in saying that Milligan wasnt in the squad v Rangers so you would assume he was injured yet is obviously fit to play. To be honest he has looked very poor recently as neither runs the game with the ball or wins enough tackles to protect defence. If Bartley is now fit would definitely prefer him at this moment in time.

Libby Hibby
31-12-2018, 08:31 AM
It’s not hindsight, plenty people pointed out before the game that we might be better playing a 4-5-1 type formation. We regularly start 2 strikers but struggle to get the ball to them in good areas because of the failure of our midfield. It wasn’t hard to predict that Shaw would struggle against Hearts defenders - albeit I thought he was better than Kamberi.

So no, not hindsight - just common sense and learning from previous games. Lennon seems content to stick his head in the sand and blame Kamberi for everything

So your suggesting a formation that we have either not played or rarely played all season in fact for probably the last 3 seasons against a tried and tested formation? We simply did not have the players available either injured, coming back from injury or away on international duty to play anything else.

Gray perhaps for Whittaker but Lennon will know how fit these players are and how much we’d get out of them.

I’m sorry, we marginally got but by our rivals at home but any changes that people are making after the match is Hindsight and any suggestive selections pre-match are circumstantial.