PDA

View Full Version : Has Efi played his last game for Hibs?

A Hi-Bee
29-12-2018, 06:50 PM
Could not help notice he was last off the pitch taking what looked like a long last look, I for one hope to **** not.

neil7908
29-12-2018, 06:50 PM
I hope not but we've done well to sign him and keep him for this long.

Ozyhibby
29-12-2018, 06:52 PM
He was excellent tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Allant1981
29-12-2018, 06:53 PM
Hope he is here until the end of the season, stick him in midfield, he is wasted at the back!

danhibees1875
29-12-2018, 06:55 PM
Hopefully not.

He's under contract until summer and I can't see a bid coming in big enough to let him go early - unless we had an agreement to do so when he signed.

Connollys11
29-12-2018, 06:55 PM
Hopefully no he's our best player

Smartie
29-12-2018, 07:00 PM
I can't think of many good reasons why he'd stay.

He's on a different level to all of our other players and isn't getting any younger - if he was offered anything decent then he'd be mad not to take it.

CMurdoch
29-12-2018, 07:14 PM
Could not help notice he was last off the pitch taking what looked like a long last look, I for one hope to **** not.

Yeah, I noticed he waited and let everyone else enter the tunnel then gave a big wave to supporters in the West before disappearing down the tunnel .
I fear he is going to pastures new. My favourite player.
We have been blessed to have him for 2 seasons and i wish him nothing but a good future.

Crab apple
29-12-2018, 07:15 PM
By far our best player tonight and this year. Will be a big loss.

Diclonius
29-12-2018, 07:18 PM
Look forward to Efe's replacement: a 19 year old with no professional appearances on loan from a Championship team, after our first choice turns us down over wages.

calumhibee1
He is by a country mile our best player. Hes currently the difference between us and the crap beneath us.

CMac1988
Be gutted if he leaves. Only player at Hibs capable of playing good consistent football.

Lago
29-12-2018, 07:43 PM
Hopefully not.

He's under contract until summer and I can't see a bid coming in big enough to let him go early - unless we had an agreement to do so when he signed.
Got a break clause in his contract for Jan.

hfc rd
29-12-2018, 07:45 PM
He’s our best player. Can’t afford to lose him!

gaz1875
29-12-2018, 07:47 PM
He does more attacking play than any other midfielder or striker we have, he would be a massive loss if he left.

The 90+2
29-12-2018, 07:49 PM
Played incorrectly tonight with Gray on the bench. Sir David looked fully fit too. He was still far and away our best player. A fantastic Lennon signing.

Willis1875
29-12-2018, 07:50 PM
Best footballer we have by a country mile and he’s a centre half

DH1875
29-12-2018, 08:15 PM
Cant see him going anywhere unless its a move to England. Is he not due his British citizenship/passport if he stays in the UK till summer? Think thats the main reason we've had him for this season.

col02
29-12-2018, 08:16 PM
Love watching him play for Hibs. He's calmness personified. To think some folk slate him as a bombscare still in the media.

Keyser Sauzee
29-12-2018, 08:25 PM
At times he’s majestic. Will be a hole we won’t fill for a long time when he goes and no1 can blame him for leaving this psh

yonder1875
29-12-2018, 08:26 PM
He’s a class above them all.

hibbyfraelibby
29-12-2018, 08:59 PM
He’s our best player. Can’t afford to lose him!

Has he? I assume you'll be able to post a copy of his contract to substantiate that, as we hear thiz claim every window

hfc rd
30-12-2018, 10:14 AM
Has he? I assume you'll be able to post a copy of his contract to substantiate that, as we hear thiz claim every window

Don’t know what you are talking about??

All I said was “He’s our best player. Can’t afford to lose him”.

That’s what you have quoted. Don’t know where you are coming from with this contract s****?!

Carheenlea
30-12-2018, 10:40 AM
Hopefully not played his last game for Hibs. Puts in consistently top class performances and we need him to be part of our push up the table post winter break. And beyond.

Bishop Hibee
30-12-2018, 10:44 AM
He’s been our best player this season. He’ll be a big loss but at least we have cover at centre half. I hope he stays until the end of the season at least.

CockneyRebel
30-12-2018, 10:55 AM
Don’t know what you are talking about??

All I said was “He’s our best player. Can’t afford to lose him”.

That’s what you have quoted. Don’t know where you are coming from with this contract s****?!

You don't have to be the brain of Britain to realise he meant to quote the reply to your post and not your actual post.The reply to your post referred to a January break in his contract and he was calling the guy out.

Winston Ingram
30-12-2018, 10:58 AM
Hopefully not.

Apparently he has a very low release clause in his contract. He signed for us as he was a few months short of 5 years in the UK to gain permanent residency.

I don’t think he expected to be here this long. His early season form probably cost him a move in the last window.

Sir David Gray
30-12-2018, 11:02 AM
I really hope not, he's one of the few players I've enjoyed watching on a consistent basis this season.

Lancs Harp
30-12-2018, 05:14 PM
He's been great to watch. He can be imperial, majestic, super cool and yet a time bomb going off that has given me several heart attacks, and all those in space of 2 minutes.:greengrin

B.H.F.C
30-12-2018, 05:15 PM
I hope not but think he has.

Would be a huge loss.

J-C
30-12-2018, 05:58 PM
Look forward to Efe's replacement: a 19 year old with no professional appearances on loan from a Championship team, after our first choice turns us down over wages.

I don't think He'll have the option to turn down an offer, I have a feeling he signed because he needed his UK passport and the deal suited both parties, we get a good player for 18 months and Efe leaves when an offer comes in after he gets his visa.

Cant see him going anywhere unless its a move to England. Is he not due his British citizenship/passport if he stays in the UK till summer? Think thats the main reason we've had him for this season.

He already has it, got it earlier this year.

Leith's finest
30-12-2018, 05:59 PM
He is off in January, no doubt at all about it, in fact anybody wanting a bet on it

tamig
30-12-2018, 06:08 PM
He is off in January, no doubt at all about it, in fact anybody wanting a bet on it

You seem to be popping up with some teasers. What’s the story with Efe? Why will anybody going to Dubai be in for a shock or a let down? Go on, spill the beans.

The_Horde
30-12-2018, 08:55 PM
If Efe does go I'd like to see us try for Halkett of livi. Good with the ball at his feet, fast and an absolute brick wall too.

Would probably sell on for a few bucks in years to come and his contract is up in the summer.

The 90+2
30-12-2018, 08:59 PM
If Efe does go I'd like to see us try for Halkett of livi. Good with the ball at his feet, fast and an absolute brick wall too.

Would probably sell on for a few bucks in years to come and his contract is up in the summer.

Good call. Otherwise he will end up at Aberdeen then sold for good money and we will be wishing we went for him.

Leith's finest
01-01-2019, 12:49 AM
You seem to be popping up with some teasers. What’s the story with Efe? Why will anybody going to Dubai be in for a shock or a let down? Go on, spill the beans.

Efe is off as I said a bit ago, from what I hear in Dubai the game on Friday night is against a young local side thats it, paying a fortune and a 7 1/2hr flight for that

BILLYHIBS
01-01-2019, 07:36 AM
Efe is off as I said a bit ago, from what I hear in Dubai the game on Friday night is against a young local side thats it, paying a fortune and a 7 1/2hr flight for that

Serious question:

Are they paying us or are we paying our own way for this break?

Many thanks for sharing your itk info I really appreciate any snippets that are going

I don’t want you going all Cat123 on us. :greengrin

Happy New Year! :party:

bigwheel
01-01-2019, 08:14 AM
Serious question:

Are they paying us or are we paying our own way for this break?

Many thanks for sharing your itk info I really appreciate any snippets that are going

I don’t want you going all Cat123 on us. :greengrin

Happy New Year! :party:

We will be paying our own way for this trip - it’s not about the match ..it’s a winter training camp ...the match is a side show.

I wouldn’t imagine it will be much more expensive than a la manga trip ... a number of teams seem to be heading out there this season

Allant1981
01-01-2019, 08:34 AM

Doesn't matter who the game is against though does it, it's a chance to get a bit sunshine about them and recharge the batteries

Leith's finest
01-01-2019, 08:41 AM
I would like us to go for the young guy from Livingston Pittman he has had a good season for them

calumhibee1
01-01-2019, 09:48 AM
We will be paying our own way for this trip - it’s not about the match ..it’s a winter training camp ...the match is a side show.

I wouldn’t imagine it will be much more expensive than a la manga trip ... a number of teams seem to be heading out there this season

It may even be that a few clubs have banded together and chartered a plane. Seems like every man and their dug in football is going out there.

ekhibee
01-01-2019, 11:00 AM
I don't give a **** about this 'in the know' crap, there's nothing on the official website, nothing on the BBC website, and another thread saying he's off to Cardiff which is also a load of nonsense as it's Kamara from Dundee they're after, absolutely no mention of Ambrose. He may well be off, but I won't believe it until it's official, and that doesn't mean the Daily Record or somebody who said they heard from a mate blah blah blah.

Allant1981
01-01-2019, 11:05 AM
I don't give a **** about this 'in the know' crap, there's nothing on the official website, nothing on the BBC website, and another thread saying he's off to Cardiff which is also a load of nonsense as it's Kamara from Dundee they're after, absolutely no mention of Ambrose. He may well be off, but I won't believe it until it's official, and that doesn't mean the Daily Record or somebody who said they heard from a mate blah blah blah.

Was it not in the Scotsman? Sure that's where Cardiff were mentioned, why would it matter if it was on the BBC website?

Heisenberg
01-01-2019, 11:13 AM

Transfer windows would be boring if all we discussed was factual information.

ekhibee
01-01-2019, 02:53 PM
Was it not in the Scotsman? Sure that's where Cardiff were mentioned, why would it matter if it was on the BBC website?
Well the Scotsman is very likely wrong then, there's no mention of it on the Cardiff City forums but yet again there is mention of a possible move for Kamara. Until I see otherwise the rumour about Ambrose to Cardiff City is totally made up.

Allant1981
01-01-2019, 02:55 PM
Well the Scotsman is very likely wrong then, there's no mention of it on the Cardiff City forums but yet again there is mention of a possible move for Kamara. Until I see otherwise the rumour about Ambrose to Cardiff City is totally made up.

Most rumours are made up