PDA

View Full Version : Player ratings

leithsansiro
29-12-2018, 06:45 PM
Bogdan - 6 Didn’t really have a lot of chance with the goal and didn’t have much else to test him

Ambrose - 7 Carried the ball forward decently, not a lot of options in front of him to hit

McGregor - 6 Defended fairly solidly, though would’ve liked to have seen him put Naismith in his place a bit more

Hanlon - 6 Looked short of fitness, but dealt with what was there. Probably not a lot he could do about Lee’s goal

Whittaker - 6 Provided some decent options, but not enough drive for me. Unlucky with his shot though

Slivka - 5 Cant remember him doing anything worthwhile, probably should’ve been hooked sooner

Mallan - 5 Looks a million miles away from the creative playmaker we need. Chose the wrong options constantly and bullied by the Hearts midfield

Mackie - 7 Showed drive, determination and will. Offered probably our best threat going forward, which speaks volumes

Horgan - 6 String start and looked like he wanted the ball. Not sure he was the right guy to be subbing at all

Kamberi - 5 Looked lazy and lost, spent too much time trying to wrestle Berra and never looked threatening

Shaw - 5 Neither held the ball up or got to any second balls. Other than his shot off the bar, I’m not sure what he contributed

Gray - offered more drive and dig than most of the others in green, we need him back in the side to get us up the table

Hyndmann - didn’t really offer anything going forward

Allan - pointless sub, surely?

Lennon - questionable starting lineup and questionable shape and subs. Not sure he really knows how to set our midfield up to either create or fight. As others have said in other threads, I don’t think he wants to be here anymore

Hibs need to get themselves sorted quickly or it’ll be a very, very long springtime. Other clubs will be looking at us as soft targets to turn over.

Green&White
29-12-2018, 06:59 PM
Agree with most of that. But bump kamberi down to a 3 and mallan, hyndman a 4 for me

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

ChickenCurryYLT
29-12-2018, 07:00 PM
Kamberi is absolute disgrace to the jersey. Shaw will get slaughtered as always but least the young lad gives 100%. Get shot of him in January and bring someone in that wants to be at the club.

Allant1981
29-12-2018, 07:04 PM
Bogdan 7
Ambrose 8
McGregor 7
Hanlon 7
Whittaker 6
Mackie 7
Slivka 6
Mallan 5
Horgan 7
Shaw 4
Kamberi 4

Might be a bit generous with a couple

Beefster
29-12-2018, 07:19 PM
Bogdan - 7
Ambrose - 7
McGregor - 6
Hanlon - 5
Whittaker - 6
Mackie - 8
Slivka - 5
Mallan - 5
Horgan - 5
Shaw - 4
Kamberi - 5

Need a new midfield and an experienced, annoying barsteward of a striker.

Allant1981
29-12-2018, 07:20 PM
Bogdan - 7
Ambrose - 7
McGregor - 6
Hanlon - 5
Whittaker - 6
Mackie - 8
Slivka - 5
Mallan - 5
Horgan - 5
Shaw - 4
Kamberi - 5

You seriously thought Mallan played as well as horgan?

Beefster
29-12-2018, 07:24 PM
You seriously thought Mallan played as well as horgan?

I thought that they were both mince, aye. Granted, Horgan probably touched the ball more but I’m not sure he actually did anything more than Mallan.

Allant1981
29-12-2018, 07:30 PM
I thought that they were both mince, aye. Granted, Horgan probably touched the ball more but I’m not sure he actually did anything more than Mallan.

If that's how you seen the game fair enough but Horgan and Ambrose were the only 2 on the park that wanted to drive the team forward

Brightside
29-12-2018, 07:37 PM
Whits getting more than 4 is beyond me. He was a RWB and never got forward. We had no out ball. Both won’t backs were poor in the attacking half. Massively missed Gray and Stevenson.

Brightside
29-12-2018, 07:38 PM
Bogdan - 7
Ambrose - 7
McGregor - 6
Hanlon - 5
Whittaker - 6
Mackie - 8
Slivka - 5
Mallan - 5
Horgan - 5
Shaw - 4
Kamberi - 5

Htf do you get 5 for Hanlon? Made no mistakes and covered for other defence mistakes.

SChibs
29-12-2018, 07:42 PM
Htf do you get 5 for Hanlon? Made no mistakes and covered for other defence mistakes.

Debatable for their goal but apart from that I agree.

wookie70
Bogdan - 6 Didn’t really have a lot of chance with the goal and didn’t have much else to test him

Ambrose - 7 Carried the ball forward decently, not a lot of options in front of him to hit

McGregor - 6 Defended fairly solidly, though would’ve liked to have seen him put Naismith in his place a bit more

Hanlon - 6 Looked short of fitness, but dealt with what was there. Probably not a lot he could do about Lee’s goal

Whittaker - 6 Provided some decent options, but not enough drive for me. Unlucky with his shot though

Slivka - 5 Cant remember him doing anything worthwhile, probably should’ve been hooked sooner

Mallan - 5 Looks a million miles away from the creative playmaker we need. Chose the wrong options constantly and bullied by the Hearts midfield

Mackie - 7 Showed drive, determination and will. Offered probably our best threat going forward, which speaks volumes

Horgan - 6 String start and looked like he wanted the ball. Not sure he was the right guy to be subbing at all

Kamberi - 5 Looked lazy and lost, spent too much time trying to wrestle Berra and never looked threatening

Shaw - 5 Neither held the ball up or got to any second balls. Other than his shot off the bar, I’m not sure what he contributed

Gray - offered more drive and dig than most of the others in green, we need him back in the side to get us up the table

Hyndmann - didn’t really offer anything going forward

Allan - pointless sub, surely?

Lennon - questionable starting lineup and questionable shape and subs. Not sure he really knows how to set our midfield up to either create or fight. As others have said in other threads, I don’t think he wants to be here anymore

Hibs need to get themselves sorted quickly or it’ll be a very, very long springtime. Other clubs will be looking at us as soft targets to turn over.

I usually enjoy writing my own but you are very close to the way I saw the game. I would have given Efe at least one more mark and Flo two less. I would also commented on Lennon's lack of interest in the last 5 minutes of the game. He was so far away from being a leader it was unreal. Complete lack of interest and offering no motivation or drive from the sidelines. Funny that as that has been the case ever since we started playing poorly and particularly so after the last derby. I agree with the overall point you made that he doesn't look like he wants to be here.

Beefster
I’m changing Hanlon and Horgan to 3s.

Coach Jon
29-12-2018, 07:45 PM
Hanlon is unable to put in a decent challenge on his right hand side. Opponents know this and can go past him with ease, he is okay if you try to pass him on his left foot. 5 is generous for a defender with such an obvious weakness.

flash
29-12-2018, 07:47 PM

Well apart from get turned for the goal anyway.

Allant1981
29-12-2018, 07:48 PM

He came in to tight for the goal, was no need for him to get as close, apart from that you played ok tonight

Crab apple
29-12-2018, 07:52 PM

He should have got a 3. You’ll be saying Hanlon was top class again. He was too easily turned tonight and has been poor since he returned from injury.

supermcginn
29-12-2018, 07:56 PM

Please

Brightside
29-12-2018, 07:58 PM
Well apart from get turned for the goal anyway.

The goal was on the right side of defence why is Hanlon having to press that man. Time for me to avoid this place as far too many don’t even watch the game.

Allant1981
29-12-2018, 08:00 PM
The goal was on the right side of defence why is Hanlon having to press that man. Time for me to avoid this place as far too many don’t even watch the game.

I'd need to watch it again but was it not from the left and he cut inside?

Edit - seen it again and the boy was not on the right hand side

flash
29-12-2018, 08:00 PM

Am confused. Did the boy turn him or not?

Brightside
29-12-2018, 08:04 PM

That strike is on the right mid of our side. It’ comes from Efe slicing the ball out on his right foot. Both him and Darren get caught miles out of shape. Hanlon runs 20 yards to close down the guy as NO ONE ELSE did. He gets beat and they score. Somehow that’s Hanlons fault. I know what Lennon will say about it. But carry on

supermcginn
29-12-2018, 08:04 PM

He did. And yet he is complaining about whittaker getting a 4 when he was one millimetre from scoring a goal.

flash
29-12-2018, 08:06 PM
That strike is on the right mid of our side. It’ comes from Efe slicing the ball out on his right foot. Both him and Darren get caught miles out of shape. Hanlon runs 20 yards to close down the guy as NO ONE ELSE did. He gets beat and they score. Somehow that’s Hanlons fault. I know what Lennon will say about it. But carry on
That's a yes then.

Allant1981
29-12-2018, 08:06 PM

It was Hanlons man all day long, he got to tight and was rolled to easy, you can still back a player but admit he was at fault, it's no big deal

Brightside
29-12-2018, 08:07 PM
I'd need to watch it again but was it not from the left and he cut inside?

Edit - seen it again and the boy was not on the right hand side

Their left our right.

500miles
29-12-2018, 08:07 PM
Our final ball was gash. That's all. Reasonable apart from that.

Allant1981
29-12-2018, 08:08 PM
Their left our right.

He was not on the right hand side, if anything he was more centre

we are hibs
29-12-2018, 08:13 PM
I actually thought Whittaker played well tonight. He's one unlucky basstard. Hit both posts in a derby 11 years ago and then hit one and it rolled right along the line tonightm

kaimendhibs
29-12-2018, 08:42 PM
Thought Efe and Horgan were our best attacking options and Slivka was best of the rest of midfield.
Kamberi is a non trier.
Gray wanted to win when he came on.
Bogdan did fine

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

BoomtownHibees
29-12-2018, 09:03 PM

It doesn’t really matter how far he had to run to cover whatever else had happened before hand, he got there and then got turned far too easily and let Lee get a free shot at goal

B.H.F.C
29-12-2018, 09:08 PM

No way can Hanlon be defended for his part in the goal. Pathetic, weak defending.

The first time he came back from injury he did nothing but give goals away. He came back on Wednesday and has been involved in conceding two goals. Misjudging a header from a goal kick on Wednesday then that tonight.

Hanlon is better than what he has shown IMO. But he needs to have a word with himself and come back better after the winter break.

Auckland Hibs
29-12-2018, 09:14 PM
Thought Efe and Horgan were our best attacking options and Slivka was best of the rest of midfield.
Kamberi is a non trier.
Gray wanted to win when he came on.
Bogdan did fine

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Pretty much how I saw it.

Didn’t think that Horgan was the right substitution to make IMO.

Thought the front two were very poor and whilst Kamberi will get most of the grief, I thought that Shaw looked like a lost wee laddie.

We are going to miss Efe so much when he leaves - I’d be surprised if he’s still at the club for our next league game.

coldingham hibs
29-12-2018, 09:19 PM
I didn’t think we played badly at all, we were by far the better team and should have had nothing less than a point. The final ball let us down which was the biggest problem. Ref bottled giving us a penalty right at the end but no surprise there.

hibee_girl
29-12-2018, 09:22 PM
I didn’t think we played badly at all, we were by far the better team and should have had nothing less than a point. The final ball let us down which was the biggest problem. Ref bottled giving us a penalty right at the end but no surprise there.

That’s how I saw it.

Certainly nowhere near as bad as some are making out.

bigwheel
29-12-2018, 09:24 PM

Fair summary...[emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Blaster
29-12-2018, 09:40 PM
Whits getting more than 4 is beyond me. He was a RWB and never got forward. We had no out ball. Both won’t backs were poor in the attacking half. Massively missed Gray and Stevenson.

Whitaker played well tonight. I would have played Gray but to say Whitaker was at most a 4 is embarrassing by you. Hanlon was poor but you won’t admit that. Pick on the easy target

NAE NOOKIE
29-12-2018, 09:57 PM
In all honesty I don't think we played all that badly, it was a pretty even game up until the last half hour when Hibs absolutely battered them, though it has to be said without making many clear cut chances. Like everybody else I was mystified at the subbing of Horgan who was one of our few players trying to make things happen.

Bogdan … 7 .... Absolutely no chance with the goal and played fine apart from that.

Ambrose …. 7 …. Played ok defensively and as usual tried and tried to have a positive influence going forward, no fault of his that we lost.

McGregor …. 6…. I cant recall him having many difficulties dealing with their few attacks.

Hanlon … 6 …. He was ok and played his part in a dominant second half for Hibs, I was still moaning to my mate about us having nobody on the end of a cross into their box a minute before so I didn't see him getting turned for their goal.

MacKie …. 6 …. Played quite well, though he overhit a few crosses when he could have done better.

Whittaker … 6 … I thought he did ok, but he isn't the attacking threat he once was which makes him a dud at wingback, dead unlucky not to score though.

Mallan … 6 …. Neat and tidy but without creating much. I could copy and paste this from pretty well every match this season.

Horgan … 7 …. Competed well and tried to push us forward when he had the ball … as I said, no idea why he was subbed.

Slivka …. 6 …. I thought he started quite well, but as too often happens with him faded as the game went on.

Kamberi … 5 …. Didn't do a lot

Shaw … 5 …. Hit the bar with a decent effort but that was about it.

SUBS:

Hyndman …. 3 … As it so often is with him .. 'Meh' .. how is he at an EPL club?

Gray … 6 … Made a difference when he came on, bemused that he didn't start the game.

Allan … Unfair to score the laddie, what was he supposed to do in that time?

Neil Lennon …. I wasn't a fan of the starting line up and some of his subs and the timing of them were baffling. I wont be wetting myself over losing a derby that IMO we deserved to get something out of, but our lack of wins is starting to become a concern and is starting to enter 'not good enough' territory.

GreenPJ
29-12-2018, 10:05 PM
In all honesty I don't think we played all that badly, it was a pretty even game up until the last half hour when Hibs absolutely battered them, though it has to be said without making many clear cut chances. Like everybody else I was mystified at the subbing of Horgan who was one of our few players trying to make things happen.

Bogdan … 7 .... Absolutely no chance with the goal and played fine apart from that.

Ambrose …. 7 …. Played ok defensively and as usual tried and tried to have a positive influence going forward, no fault of his that we lost.

McGregor …. 6…. I cant recall him having many difficulties dealing with their few attacks.

Hanlon … 6 …. He was ok and played his part in a dominant second half for Hibs, I was still moaning to my mate about us having nobody on the end of a cross into their box a minute before so I didn't see him getting turned for their goal.

MacKie …. 6 …. Played quite well, though he overhit a few crosses when he could have done better.

Whittaker … 6 … I thought he did ok, but he isn't the attacking threat he once was which makes him a dud at wingback, dead unlucky not to score though.

Mallan … 6 …. Neat and tidy but without creating much. I could copy and paste this from pretty well every match this season.

Horgan … 7 …. Competed well and tried to push us forward when he had the ball … as I said, no idea why he was subbed.

Slivka …. 6 …. I thought he started quite well, but as too often happens with him faded as the game went on.

Kamberi … 5 …. Didn't do a lot

Shaw … 5 …. Hit the bar with a decent effort but that was about it.

SUBS:

Hyndman …. 3 … As it so often is with him .. 'Meh' .. how is he at an EPL club?

Gray … 6 … Made a difference when he came on, bemused that he didn't start the game.

Allan … Unfair to score the laddie, what was he supposed to do in that time?

Neil Lennon …. I wasn't a fan of the starting line up and some of his subs and the timing of them were baffling. I wont be wetting myself over losing a derby that IMO we deserved to get something out of, but our lack of wins is starting to become a concern and is starting to enter 'not good enough' territory.

Other than kamberi and slivka everyone got a 6. I actually thought Shaw was pretty decent at the stuff he would normally get criticised for. Slivka would get a 4 for the worst first touch since GOC and his habitual approach to turning back and losing momentum and Kamberi would get a 1. If we had a senior striker wanting to play we would have at least got a point but prob all 3.

Smartie
29-12-2018, 10:37 PM
That’s how I saw it.

Certainly nowhere near as bad as some are making out.

A couple of our players played well, most probably got passmark and we had a few passengers who let us down.

It was always going to be a big ask tonight and we competed well enough, but the first goal was critical. We had lots of possession which flatters our performance as we did little more than shoot from distance (admittedly quite well) and hit hopeless wafty crosses in to nobody.

Bogdan 7

Ambrose 8
McGregor 7
Hanlon 6

Whittaker 6
Slivka 5
Horgan 6
Mallan 3
Mackie 7

Shaw 5
Kamberi 3

Jones28
29-12-2018, 10:41 PM
Bogdan 8
Whittiker 7
Efe 7
McGregor 7
Hanlon 6
Mackie 6
Slivka 6
Mallan 3
Horgan 7
Shaw 5
Kamberi 4

Gray 5
Hyndman 3
Allan N/A

Lennon - really struggling to find compliments.

Coco Bryce
29-12-2018, 10:47 PM
Bogdan 8
Whittiker 7
Efe 7
McGregor 7
Hanlon 6
Mackie 6
Slivka 6
Mallan 3
Horgan 7
Shaw 5
Kamberi 4

Gray 5
Hyndman 3
Allan N/A

Lennon - really struggling to find compliments.

Efe was class tonight. Strolled through the game.

Forza Fred
30-12-2018, 01:11 AM
Our final ball was gash. That's all. Reasonable apart from that.

That's the way I saw it.

Not like posters on Hibsnet to over react :greengrin

21sMay
30-12-2018, 06:49 AM
We are severely missing a Derek Riordan or Leigh Griffith's type of player . Someone that can just score a goal from nothing in these kind of games